Legion World
Posted By: Jerry Robin Rooters - 10/10/12 03:33 AM
ROBIN FANS UNITE!

Hudson University is lucky to have its own "resident" super-hero! This is your chance to meet him in person and show your appreciation at the first meeting of the ROBIN ROOTERS. This afternoon in the gym!

Time: 3:00 p.m.

Admission: Free

Margie Spratt: President

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Robin himself almost missed the meeting because Lori Elton inisted that Dick Grayson go with her to the library to work on his finance paper. Luckily, some thieves stole some books from the library and Robin had to chase them into the gym. </span></span>
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Robin Rooters - 10/10/12 06:57 AM
Banned in Brisbane, surely.
Posted By: Jerry Re: Robin Rooters - 10/14/12 02:53 AM
That Robin was one clever bird. He once called in for some super help to set up a secret hideout in a rural area outside New Carthage. The hideout was a great big tree with computers and other far out stuff.

The Cavalier was stumbling through and discovered, "An enormous nest! There can be no doubt about it -- Robin -- and undoubtedly the Batman as well --- are ALIENS! And though he has assumed a human form Robin is in reality a bird!"

Robin arrived and retorted, "and you Cavalier are a bird brain!"

Unphased, Cavalier held on to this belief until after Robin delivered him to Gotham Sate Prison. He ranted on trying to convince the Killer Moth that our hero was actually from the planet Nibor. Killer was exasperated as he explained that Nibor is Robin spelled backwards. Stunner!
Posted By: Jerry Re: Robin Rooters - 10/15/12 12:19 AM
Dick was a friend indeed. In an act of kindness, he shared his first adventure after the untimely break up of the Teen Titans with the Harlequin (Duela Dent). No lame daddy jokes in the epic battle with Ze Lumberjack. Just good old fashioned bat-a-rang rope tricks, flying saucer tossing, flavorless bubble gum bursting fun!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Robin Rooters - 10/19/12 04:24 PM
Is robin rooter a code for China cat?
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Robin Rooters - 10/19/12 04:26 PM
No, it's the choice that wasn't DRUGS WITH SPEEDY.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Robin Rooters - 10/19/12 04:28 PM
Oh, sex with Dick, then.
Posted By: Jerry Re: Robin Rooters - 10/19/12 04:51 PM
You weren't in the gym at 3:00. I guess you'll never know.
Posted By: Jerry Re: Robin Rooters - 10/19/12 04:59 PM
How could you ever presume drugs were involved?
Posted By: Jerry Re: Robin Rooters - 10/21/12 10:31 PM
Did you know Dick was a reporter? After the Teen Titans split up and Lori Elton dumped him, he found he had some free time on his hands. He joined the staff of Hudson University's student newspaper, the Herald. A story he didn't follow up on was Duela Dent's departure from Hudson University. She stopped to pick him up off the ground after a fight with Lori's new boyfriend.

Duela: I just wanted you to know that I'm leaving Hudson for a while! There's uh... something I have to do!

Dick: And you'd rather not tell me what it is! Okay, I can dig it! But if you need any help from either one of me - let me know, huh?"

Then Duela was gone until she suddenly appeared at Donna Troy's wedding years later. Dick became occupied by his battle with the Raven (not that Raven) - and Duela Dent never returned to Hudson U.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Robin Rooters - 10/21/12 10:57 PM
The something she had to do wasn't Robin.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Robin Rooters - 10/21/12 11:04 PM
That something was to be detailed in her backup series that was going to run after the DC EXPLOSION was in full swing.

Well, we all know how the DC EXPLOSION turned out, and the series never appeared. *choke* Oh, the tales that night have been...
Posted By: Set Re: Robin Rooters - 10/22/12 04:36 AM
Duela had just discovered that she had a fraternal twin, Deucy Dent, who was given up for adoption due to her physical signs of disability.

Growing up a ward of the state, with a thick boyish body, and a savant's grasp of mechanical tinkering, but a severe case of autism, Deucy was overjoyed to be taken out of the home, and put up in an apartment over an old garage / junkyard by her never-before-seen sister Duela.

And together, they fight crime!

Duela as Catwoman's Daughter (whip, claws, nightvision goggles) / Poison Ivy's Daughter (thorn lash with paralytic toxin, pheremone gas grenades, wood fiber 'armor') / Scarecrow's Daughter (fear gas / feartoxin darts) / Clock King's Daughter (pocketwatch time bombs, clockshaped crossbow that shoots it's 'hands,' slowing venom) / etc., and Deucy as Bane's Daughter (safer weaker neo-venom derivative) / Killer Croc's Daughter (scaly armored suit) / Mr. Freeze's Daughter (mister and freon jets to create ice slicks, ice armor) / etc.!
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Robin Rooters - 10/23/12 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Jerry:
You weren't in the gym at 3:00. I guess you'll never know.
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> click to enlarge </span></span>
Posted By: Jerry Re: Robin Rooters - 10/24/12 01:28 AM
She deserves a reboot.
Posted By: Jerry Re: Robin Rooters - 10/28/12 11:06 PM
What's a teen wonder to do when his team goes splitsville? Slide right in to another Fab Four, of course. Robin, Elongated Man, Batgirl, and Red Tornado. The dream team of 1978. At least for the hottest day of the year. Good thing Robin was wearing his short pants. That high tech environmental terrorist descendent of Betsy Ross didn't stand a chance.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Robin Rooters - 10/31/12 01:12 AM
Say, look! Is that Evillo and Evolvo in a Volvo?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Robin Rooters - 10/31/12 01:23 AM
Did they put Valvoline in the Volvo?
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Robin Rooters - 10/31/12 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Jerry:
That high tech environmental terrorist descendent of Betsy Ross
I always knew there was something suspicious about Bob Ross!
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Robin Rooters - 10/31/12 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
Did they put Valvoline in the Volvo?
No, bubble wrap. This is the Titans board.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Robin Rooters - 10/31/12 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Leap Year Lord:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
[b] Did they put Valvoline in the Volvo?
No, bubble wrap. This is the Titans board. [/b]
Bubble wrap, the all-purpose matter of the future.
Posted By: Jerry Re: Robin Rooters - 11/04/12 10:51 PM
Okay Robin Rooters --- Let's hear it! Come on, let's REALLY let our hero know how much we love him!

RAH RAH ROBIN!

RAH RAH ROBIN!

RAH RAH!

Leading the cheer is, of course, Robin Rooters president, Margie Spratt. (Who, in her second appearance looks absolutely nothing like she did in her fist appearance. She originally had black hair and was a little frumpy. In her second appearance she's blond, with a wave in her hair, kind of cutish, and wearing a fashionable jump suit with striped blouse.)

Speaking of clothes.

Welcome to latest meeting of Robin's official fan club being held in the Hudson University gymnasium (of course)! The topic of today's meeting: A new look for Robin. Dozens of entries were received. Margie presents the three semi finalists to Robin, who has agreed to wear them in action and choose the winner!

In reality, the designs were submitted by real live readers:

1. Joe Montgomery of Abilene, Kansas

2. Paul Decker of Los Angeles

3. George T. Johnson of San Francisco

The designs were really keen. All had long pants, long sleeves, long capes, and (dare I say it) leg boots! The color schemes were different. Mr. Decker's design had jet packs which resulted in a really cool arial battle between Robin and the Raven (not that Raven).

Mr. Johnson's design was blue and green. Robin opined, "Like Batman's, it's dark colored... much better for night moves than my regular suit." The down side, somebody packed it with explosives. Poor Robin had to dive into a lake and strip it off so he wouldn't go kaboom. The skinny dipping experience was enough to convince him that, "From now on the 'old look' Robin is the 'only look' Robin!"

RAH RAH ROBIN!
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Robin Rooters - 11/04/12 10:57 PM
Can Margie arrange for some scans?
Posted By: Jerry Re: Robin Rooters - 11/04/12 11:26 PM
[THUMB] [Linked Image][/THUMB]
Posted By: Jerry Re: Robin Rooters - 11/04/12 11:28 PM
No scanner here at home - but here's a blurry cell phone pic of her second appearance from Detective Comics #481. Art by Newton and Adkins.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Robin Rooters - 11/04/12 11:30 PM
what a great jumpsuit .. and she takes it from summer to fall with a smart long sleeve shirt!
Posted By: Jerry Re: Robin Rooters - 11/04/12 11:39 PM
Power Boy, you should be an announcer on an E! fashion show!
Posted By: Jerry Re: Robin Rooters - 11/04/12 11:52 PM
Credit Where Credit's Due Department:

Margie Spratt is, of course, a creation of our beloved Bob Rozakis.
Posted By: Jerry Re: Robin Rooters - 11/12/12 04:20 PM
Guess who's not a Robin Rooter? His former main squeeze, Lori Elton. Their final break up wasn't pretty.

But first:

The Boy Is My Face Ever Red Department!

Earlier, I posted that Duela telling Dick that she was leaving Hudson a few issues earlier was her last appearance for years. I forgot all about her career as Card Queen. Holy triple cross, Batman!

It turns out that the Raven (not that Raven) was actually working for the the organized crime gang MAZE. They recruited Duela to become a new super heroine in New Carthage. She used tricks from a deck of cards - you know, like tricked out diamonds, hearts, clubs, and spades to stop the bad guys. Thing is, one of the bad guys always got away with the loot. She was supposed to let the bad guy get away and the loot was to be redirected to MAZE. A clever scheme. But, Duela was really dropping clues for Robin all the while. Clues that helped him deduce the location of the Maze headquarters.

So check me out, fact checkers. I'm now of the belief that Detective Comics #483 was Duela's last appearance before slipping into limbo. The issue also marked the end of our beloved Bob Rozakis's run on the Robin feature.

So back to Dick and Lori. Robin borrowed a Whirley Bat from Batman for another mid air battle with the Raven. It turned out that the Raven was actually the dude that Lori had dumped Dick for. Robin decided to expose him in his Dick Grayson identity, on campus, right in front of Lori.

Dave Corbie: Listen, Grayson how many times have I got to tell you to leave Lori and me alone.

Lori: Please, Dave, don't make a scene. It only encourages him.

Dick: Don't worry, Lori -- I don't need encouragement. I just want to tell you a couple of things about your boyfriend here. Then I'll leave you alone - ALL ALONE!

Dick drops the bad news - including the tell tale fact that a Corbie is a Raven. The boys fight. Dick knocks Dave out. The cops show up to haul him off. Lori cries and holds out her hands to Dick. He gives her a stoney stare down, doesn't say a word, turns and walks away.

and, thus, an era ends.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Robin Rooters - 11/17/12 12:50 AM
Dick, Dick, Dick. You could have just let the cops handle it, but NO.
Posted By: Jerry Re: Robin Rooters - 12/02/12 10:54 PM
Some Robin Rooters are silent admirers. Dick's old friend, Mr. Haly, owner of Haly's Independent Circus falls into that category. When the circus rolls into town and sets up on the edge of Hudson University, we know that there is bound to be trouble. Sure enough, the show is opening with the debut of a new "Flying Graysons" team. They aren't actually Graysons, but just trying to bring in a larger nostalgia audience. The step-dad is bad to the bone, though. He plots to kill his step daughter and score some cash form old Mr. Haly. Robin intervenes, and it is revealed that Mr. Haly has secretly known all along that Dick Grayson is Robin, because he recognizes his acrobatic style. Sharp eyes, Mr. Haly!
Posted By: Thriftshop Debutante Re: Robin Rooters - 12/31/17 07:11 AM
This thread is ultra-real, sentients.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Robin Rooters - 12/31/17 09:14 AM
Robins like rooting around roots for worms
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Robin Rooters - 12/31/17 12:23 PM
I just can't get over Robin setting up Lori Elton's new boyfriend as a villain, out of jealousy. What a ...
© Legion World