Legion World
...if I have to drag you kicking and screaming, even.

I know you guys are used to me kicking and screaming, so I'm adding the dragging for variety. Because I CARE.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 03:07 AM
I'm ready and raring to go anytime.
Have at it.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 03:09 AM
(penis)
Lardy's so subdued. I wonder if he is ill?
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 03:13 AM
(bewbz)
I think I need to kick the site's server. S o s l o w.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 03:22 AM
Oh, X-Factor, X-Factor,
How I miss you already
Your quality went up and down
Though sales were steady
When Peter Allen David
Gets a new assignment
I shall be eager and ready
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 03:24 AM
Heh. "Peter".
Ha! I remember when there was still the buzz over who the 5th member of X-Factor would be. There was a whole thing in Marvel Age. Someone guessed Dazzler, can't remember what their reasoning was for that one.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 03:26 AM
If a guy named Peter is a school principal, does that make the Peter Principle the Principal Peter Principle?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 03:27 AM
And just how principled is Principal Peter in the first place?

And is his last name Piper, as in "picked a pack of pickled peppers?"
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 03:30 AM
Originally Posted by Thriftshop Debutante
Ha! I remember when there was still the buzz over who the 5th member of X-Factor would be. There was a whole thing in Marvel Age. Someone guessed Dazzler, can't remember what their reasoning was for that one.

Actually, from what I've heard, Dazzler WAS originally supposed to be the fifth member. Then Kurt Busiek opened his big mouth and planted the seed that led to the return of Jean Grey.
When did the "original X-men" tease come into play? If someone got Dazz from that, I don't know how.

Sorry to say I ditched my Marvel Ages...ages ago.
Speaking of Ali and Marvel Age...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 03:41 AM
According to Sean Howe's "Marvel Comics: The Untold Story" (great book, BTW), Bob Layton & Jackson Guice proposed uniting the original four male X-Men plus Dazzler, whose title was about to be cancelled.

Howe credits the idea for bringing Jean Grey back to an anyonymous fan who approached Roger Stern. But I distinctly remember John Byrne saying it was Busiek's idea.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 03:59 AM
Anyhow, the best X-Factor ever was was during Peter David's year-and-a-half run on Volume 1. Mayo jars! Rahne dreaming that she's Ren and Feral is Stimpy! Doc Samson guest starring! Guido cracking wise! Hulk cross-over! And so much more!
[Linked Image]
But was there accordion music?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 04:05 AM
Well...there WAS a parody of Ren & Stimpy's "Happy Happy Joy Joy" song that went:

Mutant Mutant
Angst Angst
Mutant Mutant
Angst Angst

(Teeds, I have to re-start my computer. Be right back!)
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 04:23 AM
Who the hell is "Lo" and did you mean to send a private message instead of creating a thread?
Do you want kicking first, or screaming? Your choice.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Power Boy
Who the hell is "Lo"

'kay?

Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 04:46 AM
Sorry it took me so long to come back, Teeds. My computer is really messed up.
Kick it.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 04:49 AM
Believe me, I felt like kicking it!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 04:54 AM
Anyhow, as far as "Lo"...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by Fanfic Lady
Sorry it took me so long to come back, Teeds. My computer is really messed up.

Must be! I swear, it seems some Legion reboots didn't last that long! lol
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 05:02 AM
rotflmao

Thanks, Lardy, I needed a way to laugh at it all.
Laugh and kick.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 05:25 AM
[Linked Image]

and

[Linked Image]

Now I need to figure out how to kick photoshop. Bah!

I know how to kick a PHOTOMAT.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 05:28 AM
[Linked Image]

I totally remember this, btw! And I remember Jon Lovitz' character in the skit who "walked alone". lol
Take my advice, Betty.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 05:36 AM
Why do Archie's jeans have a patch in...that spot??
It was 1973.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 05:40 AM
Oh, those 70s.

Remember the Young Justice story in which it turns out that Hell is where the 70s never ended?
Did comics stay at the 70s prices?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 05:51 AM
Ah.

Point well taken.

Peter David just has some kind of beef with the 70s. In one of his "But I Digress" columns he said something to the effect of, "My friend told me she was throwing a '70s Party.' And I asked her, 'What was there in the 70s that's worth reviving?'"
Remember when twenty bucks would buy you like A MILLION COMICS?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 05:56 AM
Yeah. sigh

Teeds, I'm getting tired, I'm going to have to call it a night. It was great fun, though. I hope we have another post-a-thon soon. Thanks a lot.

Nite.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 06:06 AM
She'd have stayed up later if there was more discussion of feces. Just sayin'. shrug

grin
This will have to suffice.
Posted By: .. Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 06:34 AM
Now I need to figure out how to kick photoshop. Bah!

Whats wrong with your photoshop?
It's intangible and I can't kick it!

Also, I don't know how to use it. There goes another half-assed joke down the drain!
Would you be satisfied with a punching bag, with a piece of paper with the word "Photoshop" typed on it? That'd make for some pretty good kicking!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 05:23 PM
Who the hell is "Lo"

'kay?

oh dear. this is heaven.
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/07/13 06:31 PM
Very famous experiment

What about a kid who only wanted one marshmallow? Doesn't that show restraint?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/08/13 12:39 AM
Goober gets extra points for his stylish headwear.
Why can't you go to the grocery and buy marshmallows in a pink box these days? That's what I want to know.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/08/13 01:02 AM
Shelby Eatenton: "Pink is mah SIGNATURE color."
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/08/13 01:17 AM
I was once criticized on a Lord of the Rings forum for posting in bright pink. I know it wasn't exactly becoming of a future Dark Queen of Middle-Earth, but what are you supposed to do when most of the other colors are taken?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/08/13 01:27 AM
Just let it roll off your back, Emily. Some people have nothing better to do than to criticize others unfairly.
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/08/13 01:38 AM
Pink on a Lord of the Rings forum? Oh my head is going to explode. EVERYone knows that clashes.

I didn't feel like folding cloths. Washing them should be enough. The rest is cultural dogma. I dumped them in the middle of the floor.
Originally Posted by Emily Sivana
I was once criticized on a Lord of the Rings forum for posting in bright pink. I know it wasn't exactly becoming of a future Dark Queen of Middle-Earth, but what are you supposed to do when most of the other colors are taken?

Well, to be fair, a Dark Queen probably would just take whatever color she wanted from others... wink
Wasted movement, BB! Should have left them in the dryer.
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/08/13 02:16 AM
Doh!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I had no idea there was so much behind-the-scenes Dazzler drama.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/08/13 07:09 AM
Lo.
'lo.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 01:23 AM
Lo and behold, this thread's active again! Yay!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 01:34 AM
Should we talk about the weather? Should we talk about the government?

(God, please let somebody get that reference.)
I get the reference, but more importantly, I got Doritos (same hue as David's hair) at the store earlier.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 01:46 AM
Personally, I prefer those little Pepperidge Farm goldfish pretzels to Doritos. In fact, I had some earlier today.
I also got pretzels! Honey Wheat Rold Gold, though.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 02:01 AM
Honey, honey, how you thrill me, aha, honey, honey, mmmm, ba, ba, ba
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 02:02 AM
There used to be a Pepperidge Farm store at the outlet store across the state line. Walls and walls of cookies. Miss that place.
Google images results for 'loki cookies'
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 02:11 AM
April spawned a cookie monstress...me.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 02:15 AM

I don't know about cookies, but Loki's love for milkshakes has been canon for a while.
I didn't buy any cookies. I figure that guy will be bringing some around soon.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 02:28 AM
I haven't had cookies today, but I've had lots of chocolate. Love those miniature Twix.

Oh, hang on a minute, Twix is part cookie. So I guess I have had cookies today.
Me too! I found one last mini one (from the packs of six) in the junk drawer!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 02:40 AM
This thread made me hungry, so I just came back from having more chocolate.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 03:07 AM
I polished off the last of the Oreos™ yesterday.

If only they had a delivery truck...
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 03:41 AM
Ah, Cleome, I see you're not only a fellow MSTie, but also a fellow cookie conniseur. hug
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 03:48 AM
But of course.

To be honest, I only do the Oreo™ in its original permutation. (Or maybe the Minis if I want an ice cream topping. I don't really see the point of half the cookie aisle being taken up by one cookie that gets minor alterations. ("Birthday Cake" Oreos™? Seriously?)
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 03:51 AM
I'm with you on that. I miss the days when cookie aisles had more variety.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 03:57 AM
It's rare for me that some store-bought cookie could ever compare to fresh-baked. Nothing better than oatmeal-raisin cookies that aren't baked too hard! drool

That said, I find Subway's cookies really hit the spot, especially their double chocolate! The grocery store I work at also has some delectable cookies baked in its deli. nod
Teleportation, Lo!

Veilmist Gates ThriftshopDebutante
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 04:00 AM
Double chocolate...mmmm...and I also love the chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by cleome47
But of course.

To be honest, I only do the Oreo™ in its original permutation. (Or maybe the Minis if I want an ice cream topping. I don't really see the point of half the cookie aisle being taken up by one cookie that gets minor alterations. ("Birthday Cake" Oreos™? Seriously?)

growing up on Apokolips we could only get Hydrox.

Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 02:32 PM
But of course.

growing up on Apokolips we could only get Hydrox.

I'm actually a Hydrox fan. They were the original. Oreo came four years later. They had better marketing and a less silly name. I miss Hydrox. frown
"Hydrox" sounds like a chemical you put in the pool. Yecch! (not that I wouldn't have tried one of the cookies if offered.)

I was at a party one time where they served Oreos that were dipped in a more expensive chocolate coating. Kind of a fascinating experience.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 02:54 PM
I had fried Oreos at the fair last Spring. I think we went to see an Alabama concert.

I think I prefer non fried Oreos ... I still like to screw them open and lick the filling before I eat the cookie like a child.

...if I have to drag you kicking and screaming, even.

I know you guys are used to me kicking and screaming, so I'm adding the dragging for variety. Because I CARE.

Inspired by FEMbrain, of course.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 04:21 PM
rotflmao

FEMbrain cracks me up!
LW needs more FEMbrain.

And I'll have a Twinkie.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 04:45 PM
Speaking of food, it's almost lunch time. I'll be back later.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 06:17 PM
[snip]

Originally Posted by Paladin
It's rare for me that some store-bought cookie could ever compare to fresh-baked. Nothing better than oatmeal-raisin cookies that aren't baked too hard! drool ...

My favorite oatmeal cookies are the Maida Heatter "freezer dough" ones that I slice ultra thin so they emerge from the oven super-crisp. More like wafers than traditional oatmeal cookies. I also use dried cranberries in them instead of raisins.

Vive la difference!
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 07:34 PM
Crispy on the edges is best.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 07:47 PM
And we've reached...POST NUMBER ONE-HUNDRED!!!!

(Even though it's technically the 101st post.)
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 07:56 PM
By the 200th post, I should have my treatise completed regarding the superiority of Tastykake™ over Hostess™.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 07:59 PM
I look forward to it. I loooooove Tastykake products.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 07:59 PM
Can't get 'em out here unless you buy online... sigh
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 08:04 PM
That explains why I've stayed on the East Coast, in spite of all the negative aspects. Suddenly it all makes sense... wink
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/22/13 08:07 PM
Indeed. The problem isn't even that they must be bought online, but that you kind of need to buy half a truckload to justify the shipping costs.

Nobody in my house needs to be left alone with half a truckload of Krimpets™. shake One box every couple of months is probably plenty.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/24/13 01:33 AM
rotflmao rotflmao

Oh, these just keep getting better and better.
THEY SURE DO.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/24/13 01:43 AM
Speaking of Debbies...

[Linked Image]

Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/24/13 01:45 AM
[Linked Image]

Spellcheck is the first resort of cowards.

A hearty "B'Kaw," to you, Fem-LOSER! More for me and FL! tease
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/24/13 01:56 AM
Spellcheck is the first resort of cowards.

Cobie will be happy to read that.

(Just kidding, Cobie.)
Lo, the Green-Bordered, Zebra-Striped Super Mitre of Space!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/13/13 04:29 AM
That space squid looks a tad grabby!
The Space-Cephalopod version of Roy Harper?
Nah, Harper doesn't like grabbing long, hard, cylindrical objects wink
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/13/13 08:15 AM
[Linked Image]

These people are unattractive for the most part.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/13/13 09:08 AM
Look at how close the fire is to the marshmallow box, which is so close to the bush. Unattractive and irresponsible. smile
Posted By: .. Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/13/13 07:28 PM
If Andromeda shows up here does it become a Post-a-Thong?
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/14/13 03:57 AM
[smacks VL with a fish]

Tyroc Lo lo lo lo lo post-a-thonnnnn! band

Lo lo lo lo lo post-a-thonnnnn!!!
Posted By: .. Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/15/13 05:39 PM
[smacks VL with a fish]

*Ducks*

Oh. look! it's Element Lad!

Now its a Post-a-Trom!
We should post stamps on Star Boy's body. So we can have a Post-a-Thom.
Posted By: .. Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/17/13 02:46 AM
Lets invite the Swedish Chef and have a post-a-tong
Lo, There Shall Be A Crossover With The Saturday Night Thread!

Oh dear, Sunday night is going to feel so left out.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/26/13 12:21 AM
Spider sense tingling. There's dirty dancing going on. But where?!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/26/13 12:56 AM
Lo.
Originally Posted by thothkins
Spider sense tingling. There's dirty dancing going on. But where?!

Εδώ.

[Linked Image]
Why is Spidey protecting his crotch? If Hulk hits him anywhere he'll be a piece of pulp. Just get out of there already!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/26/13 09:47 AM
That's where the spider sense tingles when there's dirty dancing nearby.
I wonder if Mary Jane knows about that.
Lo, There Shall Be No Pants On!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/26/13 10:10 PM
For too long I have braved the freezing winters of Scandinavia and Asgard! Always shivering! Always wrapped in furs! But no more! Now I am free! Free in Midgard! Begone furs! Begone pants! Hello officer!
All that hammer swinging was going to attract attention.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/27/13 01:03 AM
awesome.
No wonder he has to bend his leg like that. If he moved it just a little bit straighter, he'd be hitting himself with his hammer.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/28/13 01:57 AM
I think the hammer is for bludgeoning "side kicks" so they can go out and fight crime pantless together.
Hey Thor. Maybe you should bludgeon Loki instead huh?
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/28/13 02:12 AM
Perhaps he's twirling the hammer in an attempt to get a single cloud onto the cover. No one will believe he's the god of thunder otherwise.
He's welcome to bring in some clouds over here. Could use some relief from the shade.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/28/13 02:13 PM
He'll relieve you all right, by the look of that cover.
Thor: the godly mugger.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/28/13 03:04 PM
Officer! taht man just stole my pants! He gave me everything in the pockets back, and said that now I was free to fight crime.
All that gold in Asgard, and he can't afford pants. Tsk.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/28/13 04:58 PM
Decadence in the court of Asgard!
Originally Posted by Blockade Boy
Very famous experiment

I remember this one. Delayed gratification. There's a follow-up experiment that tried to control for another important variable - Trust. Seems that for kids to decide to wait for 15 minutes, they needed to be able to trust the adult. You can read about it here.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/29/13 09:23 PM
meanwhile outside the room, the tester is oblivious to the the concept of delayed gratification when it comes to herself and is stuffing her face with the rest of a giant packet of mallows.
Those kids were right. You can't trust those lousy adults.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/30/13 03:47 PM
especially the ones talking to you with a mouthful of mallows.
I never did like marshmallows. I prefer chocolate chips or rainbow sprinkles.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/30/13 05:33 PM
There's a traditional Fall side dish popular in some parts of the U.S. It features peeled yams or sweet potatoes cut up and baked with browned marshmallows. I don't care for it personally, being a Yankee. I think it's more of a Southern tradition.

Yams or sweet potatoes sans marshmallows are delicious, though. (I never peel them before eating.)
Over here we fry and caramelize them. But then, we do that with almost everything! Bananas, mangos... Filipino food can be pretty bad for you, but it sure is tasty.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/30/13 08:58 PM
Not much of a mallow fan myself either. A bit of toblerone on that plate wouldn't have lasted until she got to the door. That gives me 14 minutes to leave the room and hunt down the rest of it, eat nearly all of it, and return with a replacement bit.
I also prefer crispy or crunchy desserts to chewy ones. I'm partial to Nestle Crunch, Ferrero and KitKat for chocolate.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 10/31/13 09:08 AM
They changed the ferrero advertising as they felt that people wouldn't connect to them being served at embassy functions. Can't imagine why.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/01/13 12:05 AM
I had Tastykake for the first time yesterday. They're really good!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/01/13 12:12 AM
[Linked Image]

Brrr, voodoo. I've seen pictures of the voodoo fetish markets in Benin. They're certainly very interesting.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/10/13 03:17 AM
Kerry Drake and Robin "M" Scott -- separated at birth?
Lo, There Shall Be A Forum Crossover!
Feedbag. What a nickname. Maybe he has a really big appetite.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/10/13 08:25 PM
I was expecting a band called Feedbag when I went to the crossover. I would have asked, but everyone had already left for the dawn of time. I hate crossovers. It's not as though I can go back further and wait for them, because they are already at the first moment. Bah!

"You kids keep the noise down!" -Kerry Drake, Racket Buster.
Posted By: He Who Wanders Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/11/13 01:07 AM
Kerry Drake and Robin "M" Scott -- separated at birth?

Wanna be a gunslinger. Don't be a rock singer.
Posted By: He Who Wanders Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/11/13 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Feedbag. What a nickname. Maybe he has a really big appetite.

He's a distant cousin of Wo Fat, the recurring villain on "Hawaii 5-0."
Wonder if they're also related to Wonder Woman villain Egg Fu.
Lo, I Bookmarked This By Accident! Unless I didn't, in which case I have it filed here.

[Linked Image]
We should make an LMB bookmark. I wonder how many LMBers we can cram into one thin strip of cardboard?
[Linked Image]
Or a heart attack?
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/08/13 06:47 PM
Get'cher daily news!

Writers strike over losing jobs to six armed alien speed typists!
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/08/13 09:40 PM
There are so many genres that were popular for a brief time and then faded. In the words of Will Eisner, "We failed to capture them."
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/08/13 10:17 PM
Yeah, I said that about the Giant Baby-Mohawk superhero- train robbing comic in another thread. Opportunities clearly lost.
[Linked Image] = [Linked Image] ?

Lesson learned: from now on, keep your darned windows shut.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/09/13 12:24 PM
Are you still trying to write that book? Get out there and trim those trees! They're over our fence!

-I Married a Nagging Alien From Arcturus 6.
Posted By: .. Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/10/13 09:07 AM
I'm going to post a Thon
I wonder what Thons taste like...
70-year-old marshmallows from pink boxes. (Probably.)
Should I maybe get Borrah Minevitch to lively up this Post-A-Thon?
Borrah's booked. He sent a buddy:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/26/13 04:29 PM
Lo, I Bookmarked This By Accident! Unless I didn't, in which case I have it filed here.

[Linked Image]
Ah, when they made a comic about the time Thothkins walked in on Bridgette Bardot and myself. Gentleman that he is, his facial expression remained firm like stone.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/26/13 08:52 PM
Inside, I was in more pieces that an unwanted jigsaw at Christmas. But as Cobalt Kid said. I had to remain firm.

It was the best I'd ever looked in a suit, and nothing was going to spoil that. Nothing.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/26/13 09:14 PM
The perfect shape of the pocket square alone was worth losing Brigitte forever.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/26/13 09:31 PM
Oh Brigitte. How I long to fight for you. But there's the perfect amount of cuff showing form these sleeves. I fear I may never leave this spot.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/26/13 09:45 PM
Meanwhile, I'm just wishing she'd let me get that piece of caviar off of my teeth, myself.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/26/13 10:11 PM
hmmm I think we just found the exact moment Thothkins turned to Scientology (or, at least, that half of him did...)!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: He Who Wanders Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/28/13 05:08 AM
Why is Jeckie torturing Woody Allen?
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/28/13 07:30 PM
She goes through a lot of royal advisors and court jesters.

No surprise how Allen is going to die on the cover >snap<

(thothkins: who owns the Tyranny Rex issue above. Something else else about illegal cloning. I'm hoping to be able to trade it for a comic about excelsior accordion artists.)

Posted By: He Who Wanders Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/28/13 08:00 PM

No surprise how Allen is going to die on the cover >snap<

Unless the tentacle is an illusion.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/28/13 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid

[Linked Image]
Ah, when they made a comic about the time Thothkins walked in on Bridgette Bardot and myself. Gentleman that he is, his facial expression remained firm like stone.

You appear to be identical twins, as well. Lemme' guess. You each put on the other twin's suit that day just to play practical jokes on unsuspecting ladies. Tsk!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/28/13 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by He Who Wanders
Unless the tentacle is an illusion.

The hand reaching out will make sure >snap<

You appear to be identical twins, as well. Lemme' guess. You each put on the other twin's suit that day just to play practical jokes on unsuspecting ladies. Tsk!

>Gasp!< It was supposed to be a joke. But now my girl loves my twin more than me. >choke!<
- Read Winathian Woe in this issue of Legion Romans.
Originally Posted by He Who Wanders
Why is Jeckie torturing Woody Allen?

Maybe he put on a Nemesis Kid costume as a really bad joke.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/04/14 06:02 PM
This month in De Psy Magazine:-

- Narcissism in psychiatry: Ten top make up tips!

- Disposing of child patients: A handy check list to avoid leaving evidence behind.

- Sock those socks! Which shoes show off those shins!

- The Logan hairdo! Bring out the King Jung in you!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/09/14 08:20 PM
Happy Brother in Law's day Woody!
Lo!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/18/14 07:46 PM
Lo, this thread lives on!

As opposed to "Low", the lame mall-ternative rock "anthem" from the mid-90s. I can't even remember the name of the band.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/18/14 07:51 PM
Hey! I LOVE Cracker! mad
Are there Deadmall anthems?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/18/14 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Paladin
Hey! I LOVE Cracker! mad

I adore crackers, too. Mmmm...so crunchy and salty...

Oh. Oops. Wrong Cracker. blush

As I often say, to each their own. shrug

(I do really hate "Eurotrash Girl", tongue in cheek or no.)
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/18/14 08:00 PM
Are there Deadmall anthems?

No, but there's plenty of mall-ternative bands with dead careers. :rimshot:
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/18/14 08:35 PM
LOL lol That was awesome!

I've actually never seen an episode of The Office.
Why not give it a try?

If you have Netflix, both the US and UK version are available online.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/18/14 08:57 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, Teeds. I don't have Netflix, but I'm pretty sure my local library has the DVDs of the US version, at least.
Lo, I won't stop trying to make Lo happen!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 01:06 AM
[Linked Image]
You're so mein!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 01:07 AM
Lo NO
Are you saying you want egg rolls, then?

Can't spell egg roll without lo. That's science.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 01:14 AM
You're so mein!

I've also been told I have a nice MANE, even though I don't style it.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 01:18 AM
LO Boy
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 01:20 AM
Uh, no, Peebs, I'm a girl.
Is Peebs a Highboy?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 01:27 AM
Depends. Is he on a plane right now?
PEEBS! What's you location, and how's your hair?
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 02:00 AM
Lo many questions!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 02:03 AM
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 02:06 AM
Lo'Question!?!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 02:06 AM
he he he

... Lo!
Is Power Boy really passing up an opportunity to talk about his hair?

LASH sure wouldn't!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 02:10 AM
I once saw Lo from the Hills in the airport. I was starstruck.

I almost died.

Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 02:10 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 02:21 AM
[Linked Image]
Can you go lo-er than the Underground?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 02:27 AM
Can you go lo-er than the Underground?

How about singing a song from under the floorboards?
Not a low-key debut

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 02:40 AM
Looks like Loki's Speedo is too tight.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 02:49 AM
Hel LO .. God of Mischief!

:toohot:
No LOve for Filbert?
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 02:53 AM
who the bloody hell is Filbert?

Filbert of the Frightful Future!

You're too busy making goo-goo eyes at the bad boy to notice poor Filbert, aren't you?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 02:58 AM
I'm more intrigued by "Off-Limits" than by "Filbert's Frightful Future."

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 03:00 AM
Filbert of the Frightful Future!

You're too busy making goo-goo eyes at the bad boy to notice poor Filbert, aren't you?

blush
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 03:00 AM
I'm more intrigued by "Off-Limits" than by "Filbert's Frightful Future."

[Linked Image]

Lo'ff Limits methinks.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 03:03 AM
More like "bizarre LOve triangle."
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/26/14 03:03 PM
frightful movie. I went to see it with Filbert.
Perhaps the movie was the frightful thing in Filbert's future, which is now in Filbert's past.
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/27/14 05:57 PM
I thought filbert were those nuts that are always the last ones you eat from the mixed nut tin?
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/27/14 08:16 PM
I asked Filbert about his past. But he said it was frightful and didn't want to talk about it. He did say he knew I was going to ask about his frightful past. So perhaps Filbert's frightful future was reliving his frightful past. Twice. Firstly with the premonition that a frightful person would ask about his frightful past, and secondly when a frightful person asked about his frightful past.
Why are we talking about Filbert? Shouldn't we also be talking about Rocko?
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/28/14 07:12 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/01/14 10:25 PM
Lo &

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/02/14 12:55 AM
I believe they can make it through the night.

Clea would sure be jealous, though!
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/02/14 04:13 AM
Her cape also looks vegetarian.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/02/14 04:15 AM
I wonder if she speaks Spinach...sorry, Spanish.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/02/14 04:36 AM
Lettuce talks.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/02/14 04:44 AM
Coming soon: the King Features/Disney crossover where Olive cheats on Popeye with Uncle $crooge.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/08/14 07:53 AM
Lettuce post!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/08/14 03:38 PM
"Lechuga" is Spanish for "lettuce."

There was a comedian named Hector Lechuga. Lettuce ponder whether there was intermarriage with the "Tomate" ("Tomato") family.
The darker the green, the more nutritious the lettuce. At least, according to this article.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/16/14 02:18 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/16/14 02:50 AM
lo mama!
From urban dictionary: "Fleen: To make another yawn by yawning yourself."
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/19/14 06:58 PM
For you madame! A floor covered in the food from the salad bar! I quit and you can clean it up!

Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/20/14 01:03 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/20/14 07:22 PM
The now wheelchair bound Dagwood has made the best of having no use of his legs. He's not bitter about the accident. Blondie's insensitivity is another matter and poor Dagwood soon lost his marbles. Which, ironically, was what he had tripped over in the first place.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/08/14 12:20 AM
Lo ... Post it. Post it good.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/08/14 12:57 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/08/14 02:26 AM
alles gute
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/08/14 05:42 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/08/14 10:54 AM
Someone's really putting their neck on the line for that egg.
Is it a golden egg? Maybe that guy is the goose that laid it (would explain the long neck)
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/09/14 09:29 AM
I hope nothing bad happens to the egg. It will just lead to a queue of rubberneckers looking at the damage.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/09/14 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Leap Year Lord
[Linked Image]

I actually want to read this! ha! Looks far out.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/09/14 05:08 PM
Looks very Alan Moore / Alan Davis.

Gatecrasher is in that egg.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/13/14 05:37 AM
Is Cobie a Post Bro?
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/13/14 07:23 PM
I thought we were all post brothers and sisters on the boards, man.
Yeah, even the robots, ghosts, energy beings and sentient rocks are brothers and sisters!
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 01:23 AM
I won't explain.

Neither will these guys:

(Probably because they're hopped up on proto-Lotus Juice.)

Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 01:42 AM
I'm tempted to post Scorpions' cover of that same song. Should I or shouldn't I?
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 01:45 AM
Aesop says NO.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 01:46 AM
Frankie say, "RELAX".
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 01:49 AM
Aesop and Frankie agree: don't do it!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 01:50 AM
Dream those dreams, scheme those schemes...
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 01:58 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 02:01 AM
Dazzler and Quasar...now that would be an interesting couple. Better IMO than Dazzler and Angel.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 02:02 AM
Of course, I've always wanted Quasar for myself... love
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 02:04 AM
I don't know much about Quasar but he looks like he'd fit right in at the roller disco rink.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 02:05 AM
http://quantumzone.org/
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 02:11 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 02:12 AM
Clams on the half shell, and roller skates, roller skates!
Good times, these are the good times...
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 02:35 AM
Sinde
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 11:42 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 11:45 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/23/14 01:23 PM
I adored Olivia when I was in grade school. And a lot of her songs still hold up for me.

I think I'll listen to her Greatest Hits later today.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/31/14 03:44 AM
Great Misses?

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Because nothing scares villains more than heroes playing ring-around-the-rosie.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/31/14 04:51 AM
Xanadu!
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/31/14 05:08 AM

Because nothing scares villains more than heroes playing ring-around-the-rosie.

They avoid it like the plague. I've heard from impeccable sources that they're a cowardly and superstitious lot.
Perhaps we should send them all black cats for Christmas, then!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 03/31/14 03:45 PM
[Linked Image]

Lo ... crap ... Wonder Woman accidentally ripped off their arms!
Don't worry, their magical anti-aging powers will save them!
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/12/14 07:17 PM
TornadoTwins

I decided this thread needs some Fun-Loving Allens!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/12/14 07:34 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/12/14 07:47 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/12/14 07:54 PM
The devil is related to the fun-loving Allens? confused
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/12/14 07:59 PM
Yep. Click the pic.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/12/14 08:04 PM
Ah, okay. LOL lol
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/12/14 08:17 PM
You bet your "LO" there will be a post a thon!
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/12/14 08:21 PM
Laugh Out?

It's like Laugh-In, except....
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/12/14 08:22 PM
Except more outfits made from curtains!
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/12/14 08:24 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/12/14 08:27 PM
what a faux pas! I was thinking of the Carol Burnett Show ... and not the show Goldie Hawn was the star of!
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/12/14 08:32 PM
I knew.

And you know why I'm putting this next one up, hotcakes.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/20/14 02:48 AM
Alive and bumping, lo! TornadoTwins
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/20/14 02:56 AM
I like the Tornado Twins, but the Win Mortimer art on their first appearance just didn't cut the mustard.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/20/14 08:35 AM
It's better than it cutting the cheese.

tee hee
I'd rather melt the cheese. Fondue!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/20/14 09:28 AM
"Lo" ... now I'm hungry.

I'm afraid "Lo" is going to come to life as a concept ... like the Time Trapper or Infinite Man ... and then bite us all in the ass.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/20/14 09:28 AM
I knew.

And you know why I'm putting this next one up, hotcakes.

[Linked Image]

also. BITCHIN. I love that perfume.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/20/14 09:30 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/20/14 09:31 AM
I'm glad I switched to photobucket ... image shack wanted to charge me for this stuff! HA!
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/20/14 09:46 AM
Yeah, you need the $$ for the five dolla parfum.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/20/14 09:57 AM
I need to hire a tutor to teach me how to use Graemlins. hmmm Brainiac5a

Oh I remembered how! laugh

:bouncingboy:
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/20/14 09:58 AM
drat.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/20/14 10:01 AM
BouncingBoy
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/20/14 10:07 AM
[Linked Image]
You gotta capitalize the letters that need capitalizing, Peebs.

So Bouncing Boy will be (without spaces) :Bouncing Boy:
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/20/14 08:41 PM
"Lo" ... now I'm hungry.

I'm afraid "Lo" is going to come to life as a concept ... like the Time Trapper or Infinite Man ... and then bite us all in the ass.

:Time Trapper Biting Someone's Ass:

Tut. I know he's not the threat he once was since the whole buttock chomping thing started, but surely it getting it's own DCNu series justifies a Graemlin?
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/21/14 05:33 AM
That might be a topic for the other Post-A-Thon thread.
What do you get when you cross the Time Trapper, Matter-Eater Lad and Sun Boy?

TimeTrapper MatterEaterLad SunBoy

Well, why else would Tenzil specifically bite someone's ass? Sounds more like something Dirk would do!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/21/14 09:12 AM
You wouldn't think that of Sun Boy judging by the angelic little Graemlin.

"Yes, I know it's not a Legionnaire I'm asking you to dress up as Circe. But just put on the purple robes and lower your voice a bit..."
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/21/14 09:17 AM
NO WAY. The Twelve Wives of Evillo have been waiting for their graemlins FOREVER. Like, eternity, sorta.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/26/14 07:12 PM
"Yes, I know it's not a Legionnaire I'm asking you to dress up as Circe. But just put on the purple robes and lower your voice a bit..."

How Lo did it go?
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/26/14 07:16 PM
like it's b@lls dropped, since you ask.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/26/14 07:22 PM
Again, OTHER POST-A-THON.

This is the clean one we show to gov't inspectors.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/26/14 07:24 PM
the inspectors we bribed?
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/26/14 07:29 PM
What exactly was the space-tribute?
A dozen sacks of VWM?

25 heads of LuckLords?

A replica of Quislet's ship?

Vintage model of the Planetary Chance Machine?

Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/28/14 03:51 PM
Probably cubic dazzlonia.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/07/14 12:37 AM
Or

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/07/14 02:05 AM
No Madame I am not falling for that one again!
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/07/14 02:13 AM
But there's such a sweet landing....
How about Kole's pink bubble wrap?
[Linked Image]

What is she burning?

Are they on a pink marshmallow sugar high?
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/17/14 11:41 PM
Stop her! That's the "How to survive on deserted islands" pamphlet she's burning!
Is that a fire, or a really groovy lava lamp?
It looks like a plant to me.
There certainly are a lot of plants with similar colors.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/18/14 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
It looks like a plant to me.

Which one of them do you think is the plant? smile
It's obviously the girl.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/25/14 01:26 AM
She's got a nasty surprise coming -- that bush she's hiding behind is poison ivy!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/25/14 05:47 PM
Pamela "Poison Ivy" Isley:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/25/14 05:51 PM
...and Poison Ivy Rorschach of The Cramps:

[Linked Image]
Pamela "Poison Ivy" Isley:

[Linked Image]

Green and red almost never looked so good together!

Almost.

Kinetix wink
[Linked Image]
What's with the broom? To sweep off the dirt on those nice yellow gloves?
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 06/02/14 07:17 PM
Never bring a broom to a shadow puppet fight.

You wait your turn Commissioner! It's this young gent's turn to assume the position. Adjust my glove for me Zatara, I'm going in.

With no Infinity Inc,JLA or Obsidian, Nuklon faced hard times and difficult lifestyle choices.

Officers! A giant mouse has stolen my finger! get the broom!

Lois had turned into some odd things down the years, but this punk look had to be one of the worst.

You wait your turn Commissioner! It's this young gent's turn to assume the position. Adjust my glove for me Zatara, I'm going in.

Oh, dear.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 06/05/14 06:30 PM
you're welcome smile
Aside from witchcraft/wizardry, do brooms have adequate representation in comicdom?
I suspect Ma Hunkel may have wielded a broom on occasion!
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 06/15/14 02:10 AM
You obviously missed that classic from thirty two years ago, Broom Broom, Baby! where a gust of wind Swept Everyone Away.
Pics or it didn't happen!
OK, so I HAD to post this because I have listening to it all day. But which Post-A-Thon? I considered the other one because the title sounds like gambling, right, and that Across The Street deal is the vice-laden business. Plus, you know, Phil Collins.

But I heard "In The Air Tonight" was inspired by that Skipper Skræk cover, so here it be.

I suspect Ma Hunkel may have wielded a broom on occasion!

She used the broom when she was going after teenage criminals. The frying pan was too harsh for them.
Pls. refer to Cavalcade thread for frying pan covers. (OF COURSE there are frying pan covers.)
Did someone call for plates?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/09/14 02:16 AM
Lo. Lo. Lo.

Angelpuss? Doesn't sound like a nickname that'd fly in modern times...
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/09/14 02:19 AM
angel
Thanks for sharing the video, Fanfie. Not familiar with R.E.M., but I am now intrigued.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/09/14 02:29 AM
You're welcome, Ibby.

Any of their first eight albums is a must-hear, although I have to admit that other than Life's Rich Paegent, Out of Time, and Automatic for the People, all of which I loved straightaway, they take several listens to digest.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/09/14 02:31 AM
You're welcome, Ibby.

At first glance, I thought this said, "You're welcome, baby!"

I was like, "mmmmm....SAUCY, Fickles!"

lol
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/09/14 02:33 AM
Lardy, LOL rotflmao
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/09/14 02:34 AM
lol
blush
This isn't a Lo, it's a Low. But you can listen anyway, it won't hurt you.

Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/09/14 02:36 PM
I can't think of Blur without thinking of the love triangle between the lead singers of Blur, Elastica, and Suede.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/09/14 06:35 PM
The girl in the red dress must be getting an earache from standing so close to the guy's violin!
But what about the f-hole joke?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/09/14 07:24 PM
I confess I missed that joke. Those kind of things go over one's head when one is still a lapsed-Catholic prude at heart. blush
There ya go confessing.

And here's the dirt.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/09/14 07:34 PM
Aha!

rotflmao
I've been waiting a long time for a good broom thread!

I'll make do with this one.

[Linked Image]
Time flies.

Runs?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/17/14 03:52 AM
A very stylish box.
Where have all the barrels gone? Long time passing.
Right, Cap?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/17/14 04:00 AM
Won't you tell me
Where have all the barrels gone...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/17/14 04:22 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/17/14 04:37 AM
^ That gives new meaning to the term "pig out".
I suspect subtext.

But so what. It's BREAKFAST.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/31/14 11:04 PM
If the captain opens his mouth wide enough, he can probably swallow some of the eggs.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/05/14 02:29 AM
In old cartoons, chickens are often seen reading "The Egg and I."
"The Egg and I."

Code.

I, GADGET HEN.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/13/14 04:00 AM
We're playing with codes now? Oh, good. I love spy stuff.

http://www.thescifishow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Scarlett.jpg
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/13/14 04:03 AM
And here's one that actually fits the screen.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/13/14 06:24 PM
Great Hera!

Did the Black Widow...kill this thread????
I have come to help resurrect it!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/13/14 06:39 PM
Much appreciated, Ibby.

We all know that the Widow is a hardened spy, so she might try to kill it again.
This isn't the Uncle Ben Post-A-Thon.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/14/14 02:46 AM
Yeah, but Scarlett is so awesome I couldn't resist.
She can keep killin' it.

It'll just come back is all.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/14/14 02:49 AM
So it's a zombie thread, then?
More like Blattodea.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/14/14 02:57 AM
I'll have to Google that one.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/14/14 02:59 AM
EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!

I loathe roaches.

I thought Blattodea was some kind of exotic mystical thing.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/14/14 03:11 AM
Eat hot lead, Blattodea:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120518120123/marvelmovies/images/1/11/Avengers_Black_Widow.jpg
She probably has better stuff to do.

What about that Lannister cousin who likes to squish beetles?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/14/14 03:40 AM
What about that Lannister cousin who likes to squish beetles?

I'd rather Booster Gold get squashed, myself.
I used to find Booster mildly annoying, but his series gave me some respect for him.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/16/14 09:54 PM
His series had the opposite effect on me. It made me hate him more than ever.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/16/14 10:29 PM
I'm, if not fond of Booster then, accepting of him. I think his original character being a bit selfish but generally ending doing the right thing added a bit of welcome variety to DC's personalities.

To paraphrase Wonder Woman in Kingdom Come, they can't all be billionaires or be super-speed journalists.

Later, post crisis Flash would get paid to do a lot of his hero work. Then he won the lottery (naturally)

The last run I read some of had him become an indispensable hero so he could then reject membership in the JLA. That was pretty poorly done from what my memory cell tells me.
Lo, There Shall Be More Pink Marshmallows!

[Linked Image]
And Into the Frying Pan!

[Linked Image]
At first I thought that cup was Lulu's hat. They make such a nice color match.
Lo, This Post-A-Thon Is Still Here!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/15/14 03:49 AM
^^Funnily enough, Thoth and I were talking about 80s German electronic pop group Propaganda in another thread.
That poor girl is aghast at the mindless, self-serving propaganda being spouted by politicians.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/15/14 03:53 AM
Yes, and so is Propaganda frontwoman Claudia Brucken.

You learn 'em nasty politicians, Claudia!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/15/14 04:22 AM
^^What imaginary thing is the woman in the red dress holding?
She's actually cupping my invisible... jewels.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/15/14 04:27 AM
Are you standing...erect? grin
Why yes, proper posture is very important after all!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/15/14 04:31 AM
It's not at all hard to achieve if you practice.
Indeed. Just make sure to stand erect as often as you can! If things restrain you, just cast them off!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/15/14 04:46 AM
In Xana-doo-doo did Kubla Khan a restroom stall construct.
He doesn't like urinals. They allow you to peek.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/15/14 04:58 AM
Non Sequitor was served a urinal cake with a candle for his birthday.

Oops, wrong thread! blush
Non Sequitor forgives you. He fondly remembers the urinal cake and the tasty yellow icing.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/15/14 05:13 AM
That makes even ME barf. puke

But I forgive you, Ibby.
Oh my. It looks like the pee is worse than the poop. Thanks for forgiving me, Fanfie!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/15/14 03:23 PM
You're welcome, Ibby.

Let's clean up this thread, I think Teeds would appreciate that.

I'll get the mop.
I will start scrubbing!
[Linked Image]
That is one sinister-looking mop.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/15/14 11:59 PM
Any more sinister than this one?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/16/14 12:13 AM
Mopsy must be desperate -- she actually goes after a guy who doesn't even know how to tuck a handkerchief in his jacket pocket.
Any more sinister than this one?

[Linked Image]

Oh, that one definitely takes the cake.

And smashes it into some poor kid's face. After lacing it with spinach juice.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 01:30 AM
I recently read Jill Lepore's fascinating book "The Secret Origin of Wonder Woman", which explores the way William Marston was inspired by the women around him, and by early 20th Century feminism in general. I've never considered myself a feminist, but this book gave me a lot to think about.

Oh, and Robert Kanigher comes off very badly in that book.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 01:33 AM
The Glop rocks!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 01:34 AM
Was the Glop separated at birth from Mr. Bubble?
I Don't Support Feminism If It Means Murdering All Men
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 01:38 AM

I think she kind of goes in circles over one single point, but basically I agree with her.
But, really, isn't that the inevitable outcome once women realize they don't need us?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 01:39 AM
The Anima will always need the Animus, and vice versa.
Er... yes! Keep believing that! wink

Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 01:43 AM
I almost replied to EDE with a video of Journey's (or Glee's) "Don't Stop Believin'", but I changed my mind.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 01:44 AM
Hahahahaha!!! laugh
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 01:45 AM
Chicks will always need gay dudes... so we can bash other chicks via gossip!!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by MLLASH
Chicks will always need gay dudes... so we can bash other chicks via gossip!!

Amen to that, Lash, amen to that!
Aren't you lucky?

[Linked Image]
We straight guys prefer to bash other guys via fisticuffs!

Hmm... I wonder if any lesbians would like to help me out with that...
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 01:51 AM

This bisexual woman would gladly join you in bashing Dan DiDio, Geoff Johns, and Jim Lee. nod grin
Anyhoo, after all the man murdering, this thread will have a crossover with the Titans board.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 01:56 AM
And then, shortly after that, a crossover with my JLA on Paradise Island fanfic...which...um...I haven't finished writing yet. But now I have incentive!

(Shameless self-promoter, moi?) angel
Are there bubbles? Or Mr. Bubble?

Wait, do we gotta murder Mr. Bubble?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 01:58 AM
There's Gypsy's bubbly personality. smile
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 02:08 AM
OK you all, I'm off for a Cheetos and hot dog and THE OFFICE break, but rest assured I'll be back VERY soon!
2015? 2016?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 03:07 AM
I'm in between eps of the sopranos season 6 while making a fresh g&t, but I shall also be back throughout the night.

And usually with an even fresher g&t!
Cobie: always a fresh git!

(That's what he said, right?)

But... but... even now that I know I'm gay, I still get the occasional urge to punch another man! In a totally violent, non-erotic and non-sexual way!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 05:20 AM
I just went and bought a giant bottle of bourbon!!!
I'm jealous. All I have here is some red wine.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 11/30/14 05:24 AM
Oh I like that too!!

click to enlarge
How about some fruity fruit wine?

It's very fruity.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 12/06/14 05:03 AM
^^ Those bananas are not the least bit phallic.
Wanna bet he was rubbing two of them together before she kicked him?
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/09/15 12:20 AM
Bro. Lo.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/09/15 01:01 AM
That's pretty lo.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/09/15 01:13 AM
click to enlarge
Jeepers! Life Lass needs to animate that piece of furniture, pronto!
Please make sure Life Lass does it, not Quislet.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/09/15 01:38 AM
HAHAHAHA. Don't let Fire Lad near it!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/09/15 01:39 AM
I just had an idea ... what if when Fire Lad sucked in flames he got bigger and stronger. would be a cool power.
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/09/15 02:02 AM
Buddy movie with Sugyn.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/09/15 02:04 AM
They could both fall in love with Infectious Lass.

puke

Sugyn could defeat Fire Lad by kissing him!
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/09/15 02:26 AM
Ah, a tender trap.

Tinder trap?
Oooh. Tinder.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/22/15 02:31 AM
I am less than a hundred posts to Time Trapper.

Yo bet your LO there's gonna be a postathon!
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/22/15 02:33 AM
"C This Post-A-Thon" ?
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/22/15 02:34 AM
oh dear!

In other news such as the dregs of Peebz' photo bucket account:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/22/15 02:35 AM
"C This Post-A-Thon" ?

"C Moon"?
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/22/15 03:38 AM
Cee Lo?

Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/22/15 03:45 AM
Cee Lo Bahb Roop?
Change in my pocket wasn't enough...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/28/15 05:33 AM
[Linked Image]
#YOLO
Posted By: Kappa Kid Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/28/15 06:04 AM
[Linked Image]
Many Asian cultures would have a lot to say about #YOLO.

And that has reignited my wanderlust. So much of Asia yet to see....

I keep telling Blaze, I'm going to freak if I never have the chance to visit Nepal, Sri Lanka, India, Bhutan, Laos, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia...
Posted By: Kappa Kid Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/28/15 06:11 AM
Despite being such a lapsed Hindu myself, I find reincarnation to be such an interesting concept. In many ways, the "recycling" of souls almost seems very scientific and logical despite being heavily linked to spirituality, essentially an "energy can be neither created nor destroyed" concept for religion if you will.

I find the concept interesting as well. The Wheel of Time series used a similar concept.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/28/15 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Nostalgia Lad
Despite being such a lapsed Hindu myself, I find reincarnation to be such an interesting concept. In many ways, the "recycling" of souls almost seems very scientific and logical despite being heavily linked to spirituality, essentially an "energy can be neither created nor destroyed" concept for religion if you will.

Have you read Alan Moore's "Promethea", NL? Among the many topics it deals with is reincarnation.
Posted By: Kappa Kid Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 02/28/15 03:52 PM

Have you read Alan Moore's "Promethea", NL? Among the many topics it deals with is reincarnation.

No, I haven't. It doesn't have the usual Moore tropes of rape and excessive killing right? That's usually what turns me off his work.
Lo, revel in the revival of this thread with the all-new, all-NOW Lash & Peebs!

[Linked Image]
good times!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 06/28/15 03:59 AM
Smiles
[Linked Image]
machine ladies

< blank stare >
respiro!
Machine for ladies.
[Linked Image]

He looks might disapproving. Singlet too tight?
I think we know what her point is.
But what is HIS point?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 06/28/15 06:17 PM
You ain't MAD is ya, H8? Settle down buddy lolz
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 06/28/15 06:34 PM
more surly than MAD

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 06/28/15 10:13 PM
^^ I love the early years of the John Wagner/Alan Grant writing partnership era of Judge Dredd which introduced that character.
Tch, that guy's a lightweight.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 06/29/15 01:04 AM
Yeah, but the dial on his head with the different aggro settings -- very clever IMO.
No debutante.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 06/29/15 01:06 AM
LOL lol

You'd show him who's boss, I'm sure of that. nod
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 07/20/15 04:09 AM
When I was a kid, every time I read something where someone said "Hullo", I thought it was pronounced "Hoo-low".
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 07/20/15 11:42 PM
Pronunciation is somethin' ya loin on th' big time.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 07/21/15 01:44 AM
Who watches the watch-women?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 07/21/15 01:51 AM
I never knew clocks could get angry!

On the other hand, one of my favorite Pink Panther cartoons, "In the Pink of the Night", had him feuding with a cuckoo. At the end, they both make nice and go to sleep together. And at the very end, the cuckoo smashes the alarm clock, and the Panther pets him in gratitude.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/04/15 06:04 AM
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/13/15 10:41 PM
reminds me of ...

[Linked Image]

... that you posted. Obviously Mandrake can just magic his little puppets. Show off.
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid

[Linked Image]

SS,DD.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 01/18/16 02:59 PM
Seems like all I do is hang around doorways, watching my love life collapse. A stony expression... but >choke< fragile. Look! My fingers crumble just typing! now m jest lk Cobie...
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/18/16 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by MLLASH
You ain't MAD is ya, H8? Settle down buddy lolz

I just totally LOL'D at this again ... he he he he he
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/18/16 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Power Boy Robot
[Linked Image]

In response to this, which is pretty funny in its own right ...
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/18/16 07:14 PM
ROFL
Fuckin Lash, always makin us chuckle an shit
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 08/19/16 03:15 AM
Still does. Always will.
Lo, they are cavalier about home goods!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 04/16/20 10:03 PM
Oh, remember the days when we laughed, as we went to the shops for home goods! Back when they were allowed to open... >choke<
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/12/20 03:58 PM
This should really have gone in the "Posting When Drunk" thread, even though I didn't post it while drunk and also I couldn't turn up that thread in Search. What can you do? shrug

[Linked Image from cdn.ipernity.com]
Happy Hour 13 par xenophora, on ipernity
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/12/20 04:15 PM
ROTFLMAO

Love it!

Keep them coming, Cleome!
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/12/20 04:17 PM
"I drank some champagne from your shoe
Tra-la-la
I was drunk by the time I got through
Tra-la-la.

For I didn't know as I raised that cup
It had taken two bottles to fill the thing uuuup..."

-- Tom Lehrer, "The Wienerschnitzel Waltz"
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/12/20 04:21 PM
lol

You are in exceptionally good comedic form today, Cleome!

As Harbinger would say: More, more, more!
Originally Posted by cleome53
This should really have gone in the "Posting When Drunk" thread, even though I didn't post it while drunk and also I couldn't turn up that thread in Search. What can you do? shrug

[Linked Image from cdn.ipernity.com]
Happy Hour 13 par xenophora, on ipernity

I missed this earlier! Lovely work, cleome!
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/12/20 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Ann Hebistand
lol

You are in exceptionally good comedic form today, Cleome!

As Harbinger would say: More, more, more!

It's hard to go wrong with the classics, like Lehrer. [bows]

BTW, I was on another board where there were daily song challenges, and one of the prompts was "Birds." Someone found a version of "Poisoning Pigeons In The Park" which had a string quartet playing backup. They related a story where one musician reviewed the music beforehand and said, "Oh, what a charming and lovely waltz!" But then they heard the lyrics and almost fainted.

Some days I really do love the internet. lol
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/12/20 04:29 PM
I have a lot of albums in my collection that I don't share with guests, because the arrangements are so easy on the years yet the lyrics are so deeply disturbing.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/12/20 04:29 PM

I missed this earlier! Lovely work, cleome!

Thanks, Ibby. No worries. I didn't even complete it until Sunday.

cheers
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/12/20 04:30 PM
I have a lot of albums in my collection that I don't share with guests, because the arrangements are so easy on the years yet the lyrics are so deeply disturbing.

I remember one of the REM guys being flabbergasted because people played "The One I Love" at weddings and such. He tried to explain to them how weird that is, but then he gave up.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/12/20 04:33 PM

I remember one of the REM guys being flabbergasted because people played "The One I Love" at weddings and such. He tried to explain to them how weird that is, but then he gave up.

A couple years ago, Elvis Costello ambivalently accepted an honour from the Queen of England. He made it clear that the irony hadn't escaped him that the monarchy was rewarding him for a catalogue of songs mostly about how England has been turning to sh*t for decades!
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/12/20 04:38 PM
I think around Christmas, I was watching Albert Finney's version of Dickens and noting from his obituary that he turned down a knighthood. That was interesting.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/12/20 05:47 PM

[ithumb]http://cdn.ipernity.com/200/11/36/49931136.f6858e57.640.jpg[/thumb]

I'm in Scan-O-Vision today, so I read it as "The Right Baby, But The Wrong Glass." I thought that was quirky as heck of Cleome.

He should have taken a Stand. smile >100 coats fly at thoth's head. Just as long as he takes *one* of them, on the way out<
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/14/20 03:27 AM
You'd need a whole lot of coat stands to accommodate 100 coats. o_0
Can 100 of something else fly at thoth's head? Maybe pillows?
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 05/14/20 06:21 PM
Pillow Fight! ...Of Space!
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/10/20 10:37 PM
"OH, I CAN'T believe you called it a tho...oh, thon, not thot. Well then, that's okay.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/13/20 11:48 PM
Lo... there shall be a Post-a-thoth! has a nice ring to it. It's also what I've already been doing.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/26/20 01:11 AM
It's a post-a-thong...first up, Laurel Kent!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Lo, There Shall Be A Post-A-Thon! - 09/26/20 11:53 AM
Second up.... Laurel Gand!
© Legion World