Legion World
It's true: the Legion of Message Board Posters is turning 15 on March 12! So what do message board legionnaires do to celebrate? Five-Day Anniversary Postathon this Wednesday through Sunday!

Of course, you could start right now if you wanted to.
It's not every day that a group I belong to turns 15! GET YOUR POSTING HATS ON FOLKS!!
My life's been something of a rollercoaster of late, but I wouldn't miss this for the world.
Happy Sweet 16 LW!...what's' that? I'm a year early? Drat!

Cheers anyways everyone! cheers
[Linked Image]
15 years ago right around now, an 18 year old me was posting alongside Lardy and Lash and thought "these two guys are who I declare to my role models in all things!"

Save, perhaps, one or two minor things here or there. eek
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
It's not every day that a group I belong to turns 15! GET YOUR POSTING HATS ON FOLKS!!

thothkins puts on his posting hat...

[Linked Image]

Got my posting hat on nod

[Linked Image]
I'm going to take over this thread. It's going to be so much fun.
I'll be here...some. wink
Oh cleome! Better get over here for the composting!
Wow! It really doesn't feel like 15 years. I feel as though I just got here....oh wait...
Originally Posted by Legion Tracker
Oh cleome! Better get over here for the composting!

It's not a celebration without cleome!!
Is cleome bringing the cake? wink
It's really cool to think how long we have lasted, huh? You guys are... *choke*... my longest-lasting relationship!! You've successfully resisted my every attempt to drive you away! Truly, this was meant to be!
Amen to that, Lash. nod hug
Someone get Lash some tissues. He's getting sentimental on us. tongue
To help insure I get sentiment all over you, I'm planning early cocktails tomorrow! Tomorrow night will surely end with me posting while weeping uncontrollably!
I'll make a note to bring my umbrella. wink
It's a frickin Gallagher show in here!
Originally Posted by MLLASH
It's really cool to think how long we have lasted, huh? You guys are... *choke*... my longest-lasting relationship!! You've successfully resisted my every attempt to drive you away! Truly, this was meant to be!

That's it! I'm never posting here again!
To kick things off, I think I'll have dinner with a Legion Worlder tonight. wink
I will be working overtime tonight and tomorrow frown so Legion World will help keep me sane from running amok in the office and punching all my clients!
Wednesdays and Thursdays are heavy grading days for me, but I'll be here in spirit.
My computer died about ten days ago. It cannot be revived. This is mr_cleome's PC, which he's gracious enough to lend me while he actually improves his mind with books. The offline kind, even.

A moment of silence please, for the noble Mac OS X (4 G). For over half a decade, it provided for much joy in post-a-thons past, not to mention the huge swaths of my life I merrily wasted on fanfic. It will be missed. frown
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester

That's it! I'm never posting here again!

Oh, you say that on every 15-year anniversary, Bird Boy!
Originally Posted by Rockhopper Lad
To kick things off, I think I'll have dinner with a Legion Worlder tonight. wink

And I wasn't kidding! Stalgie is home for spring break! smile
[Linked Image]
That picture reminds me of how badly I need to shave. laugh
Cleome! So sorry to hear about your Mac... but I am glad you will be here for the merriment. it's good to have you back.
5 FOR 15!!!!!!
And so it begins.... At the outset, I'd like to say that I can't be held responsible for any of this and I'll deny knowing any of you once the cold light of day arrives on the 16th.
All right, since Dave did the most recent post in this thread, I'll mention that I'm currently re-reading Supergods, his favorite writer's autobiography/history of superheroes.
Continuing that trend then, To Fannie: I heard BOOM CLAP the other night coming home AGAIN, and was more into it than ever before!
YAY! Thanks, Lash, that made my day.
You'll be happy to note that I picked up the first issue of PAD's Supergirl run and will be reading it today. nod
That's great, NL. This day just keeps getting better and better.
Yes it does!! (Sips daytime cocktail)
I'm happy to report I'm already hungover today before we even get started! And I'll be boozing it up the rest of the week to celebrate--which is one more day than usual!
Tsk tsk. If everyone is getting drunk, who's going to clean up the place after the party is over?
I actually have a bottle of champagne in the fridge.

It's always best to be prepared.
Originally Posted by Nostalgia Lad
Tsk tsk. If everyone is getting drunk, who's going to clean up the place after the party is over?

I hate to break this to you Braal Janitor wink
Originally Posted by thothkins
Originally Posted by Nostalgia Lad

I hate to break this to you Braal Janitor wink

Doh! I should have known that name would eventually come back to haunt me. laugh
A year? A day?
Alack, alay!
Fifteen years and more to come
friends and families, our hearts do thrum

With verve, fervor, frenzy and faith
we dance around and word this place,
never once doubting our care,
our Legion World, our love be fair!

So with joy and glee and hearts so full,
we never try to resist the pull,
Low counts or high, here we stand,
Our Legion World, our love, our Land!
Bah! This is no postathon! Where's all the nudity?!?! mad
In honor of the event, thotkins has now become thoth lad! laugh
Originally Posted by rickshaw1
A year? A day?
Alack, alay!

Nicely done, Rick.
*hic!*
Originally Posted by Fanfic Lady
Originally Posted by rickshaw1
A year? A day?
Alack, alay!

Nicely done, Rick.

Yes I agree!
Everyone is coming out of the woodwork, even old LMB Super Pets who did well in life.

[Linked Image]
Cobie just made me remember the immortal "Butts Butts Butts" song from Bob's Burgers.

Sadly, I have no burgers on hand to pass around, but you can't have everything...
You want Five for Fifteen? I'll give you Five for Fifteen!

Five LMB Founders:
Lash Lad
Lard Lad
Cobalt Kid
Shadowplay in Candleight Lass/Candle
Tsarin Kid/Mystery Lad

Five Legion World Founders:
Nightcrawler
Lightning Lad
Spellbinder/Crujectra
Kid Prime
Saturn Girl

Five All-New, All Different LMB:
Caliente
Stealth/Fanfic Lady
Tamper Lad
Joeboy
Rockhopper Lad
A lot of these folks haven't been online recently frown I do have fond memories of all of them though.
Note: some might wonder what the difference is between the LMB and Legion World. The LMB is the name of the group, Legion of the Message Board. It was formed on the old DC Comics Boards.

Legion World is our home now, and it is a wonderful and great home. The LMB fully relocated here later on.

Cowie has an excellent history of the LMB thread...https://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=592303#Post592303
Funny you should post that, Ibby. Rocky was actually explaining that difference to me when we met yesterday. laugh
I thought some newer members would ask about the difference smile

I edited my post above with a link to Cobie's LMB history smile
A thread where we can reminisce about the glory days when we al..... *Gone*
If you're the Polar Boy group:

Caliente
Stealth/Fanfic Lady
Tamper Lad
Joeboy
Rockhopper Lad

Then I must be ... around Invisible Kid 2 !!!
Originally Posted by Power Boy

Caliente
Stealth/Fanfic Lady
Tamper Lad
Joeboy
Rockhopper Lad

Or maybe White Witch. wink
I thought some newer members would ask about the difference smile

I edited my post above with a link to Cobie's LMB history smile

There's a really good LW encyclopedia thread somewhere too. I don't think it's in the Galactica section actually.
Don't forget the LMB Wiki!

Caliente
Stealth/Fanfic Lady
Tamper Lad
Joeboy
Rockhopper Lad

I don't know where I am in membership order, but I (and a lot of others) are like Star Boy... prominent for a while, disappeared for a while, and then came back home smile
Gosh, it seems like forever since I was here. It's kind of like going home for your high school reunion smile
(Crawls out from hangover to make official day of anniversary post, will return tomorrow feeling more festive)
Drunk guy at school reunion -- (go-go) check!
Originally Posted by Spellbinder
Gosh, it seems like forever since I was here. It's kind of like going home for your high school reunion smile
Somebody has certainly aged well wink love

I knew you would show up! (bows and starts kissing the Princess' hand)

Caliente
Stealth/Fanfic Lady
Tamper Lad
Joeboy
Rockhopper Lad

I don't know where I am in membership order, but I (and a lot of others) are like Star Boy... prominent for a while, disappeared for a while, and then came back home smile

As much as I adore the White Witch, I like the idea of Jacques Foccart better. He ends up being leader of the resistance and president of the UP. Plus he did more more multiculturalism than a host of characters just by being brown and French.

That would clearly make Rockhopper Polar Boy, who also became leader and a mainstay. Also Polar Boy has the same endless optimism that makes sense for the super kind Rocky!

We must discuss!

Good to see you, Princess.

Hi!!!!!!!

BouncingBoy band
This has been so much fun so far. Do you think we'll get around to any new storylines? I have been off so long I am a bit clueless as to what is going on.
I feel like I've had a very DC career in the LMBP.

I began as Newcru King, with super cleaning powers. I was rebooted as Princess Crujectra, with illusion powers. Newcru King was rebooted as Crusader, now with psionic powers and the twin of Crujectra, who also was now psionic. Crujectra became Spellbinder with must less fanfare than "Who Is Sensor Girl." Finally I disappeared from the public eye much like the Legion did after their last cancellation.

Will I return? Will I be rebooted? Will I remember my password to my Crusader account? Only time will tell!
All I know is LW needs your presence on a regular basis!
Originally Posted by Emily Sivana
This has been so much fun so far. Do you think we'll get around to any new storylines? I have been off so long I am a bit clueless as to what is going on.

Great to see you Emily! Not much going on in terms of LMB lore at the moment... do you plan to continue your stories?
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid
All I know is LW needs your presence on a regular basis!

Bob the Cat has been getting a little stir crazy around the castle...

Will I return? Will I be rebooted? Will I remember my password to my Crusader account? Only time will tell!

I go for a YES to question 1!

Great to see you Emily! Not much going on in terms of LMB lore at the moment... do you plan to continue your stories?

I still have my outline, but very little motivation to finish my last story. I would need help in order to finish it at this point, I don't even remember where I left off.
We did just wrap up a tag team thread that was started last July for Legion World's eleventh anniversary.

I think I may start another for the LMB's fifteenth. grin
I've been contemplating returning to LMB-verse stories, lately.

One idea involves the long-overdue Lardy-in-prison epic. Last night I named it "The King of Cell Block D", even though I still have very little of a plot in mind. It was supposed to be a collaboration with Dev, but he's been pretty scarce of late here.

The other thing my mind has been revisiting is doing something with the survivors of my "Covenant" story. Something else else centering on the deceased Clark Marlowe.... hmmm
I haven't been able to move forward with my own writing either.. I have an unfinished sTory where Blaze and IB visit every country in the world, but I feel unmotivated to finish it. When I do have time, I find myself working on my Postboot Legion stories.

I still have my outline, but very little motivation to finish my last story. I would need help in order to finish it at this point, I don't even remember where I left off.

I think you have one where Emily and Ex are time traveling. I do remember not being very familiar with the history behind it.
In the words of the Black-eyed Peas, "Let's get it started in here". I definitely would like to help both of you with my story ideas.

In regards to the time-traveling story, the history behind it has a lot to do with behind the scenes stuff, if you want more information, please send me a PM.
Well, things are going rather well. So far, I have:

• Started a bunch of new threads
  • Eaten celebratory food
  • Busted on Ester

Hmm, but I've only done moderate cover posting. I believe the appropriate level for a postathon is bug-ass crazy. Must correct!
This postathon makes me happy. Now EVERYONE (almost) is posting at light speed!

In the words of the Black-eyed Peas, "Let's get it started in here". I definitely would like to help both of you with my story ideas.

In regards to the time-traveling story, the history behind it has a lot to do with behind the scenes stuff, if you want more information, please send me a PM.

Thanks for the offer, Emily. I'm out of the country now and still have to finish the next parts of my own story. But I will definitely reach out when I am free!
I did a lengthy LMB post featuring FEMbrain, fumettis, and rhyming so I've done my part!
[Linked Image]
Air! My favorite of the four classical elements!
Airboy had heard that sales were low, but could Air Fighters Comics really be... facing the axe?
Is Airboy also an Airhead?
The final celebratory day is here. It was nice to see so much participation over the 5 days. The LMB and Legion World hold a special place in my heart always.

I have a shelf in my house dedicated to things that represent something important to me through all the decades I've been on Earth.

I barely saw the 60s, but I have my Momma's PLATTERS album displayed there to represent the decade I arrived. It also represents my lifelong love of music and my appreciation for her never questioning why I was playing DAVE & SUGAR records when everyone else was playing STYX.

70s: a vintage Farrah Fawcett magazine, also representing a future love for television series/pop culture.

80s: the coolest thing my Grandparents had IMO, an unopened can of JR BEER, representing fondly remembered Friday nights staying with my Grandparents, watching DALLAS (more TV Pop culture love).

90s: A hardcover SNL 20th anniversary book represents my love for reading, pop culture and a fond reminder of the bookstore days.

So I figured out what I wanted to represent my 2000s on the shelf, and have just now dug it out and placed it. A gift from Gary himself years ago, representing a very important part of my life still. (heart shaped eyes)

[Linked Image]

(and if anyone is curious, I can just consider the shelf itself and the house it sits in my 2010 representatives; final gifts from Grandparents who were wonderful to me always)

I'm having trouble loading the picture, Lash. What is the gift you got from Gary?
A nifty little batch of LEGION WORLD.net post-its!
I'm assuming you didn't use any of them yet? wink
Nary a one! I'm a saver, I guess. I knew one day there would be the perfect place for them. smile I don't like that there's trouble with the picture loading though.
To make sure you don't forget not to use the Legion world gift, you should write "Don't Use" on a post-it or something... oh wait now...

That was really touching Lash. Thanks very much for sharing.

EDIT: Piccy is fine here. Perhaps the LW gods thought it would be terribly ironic not to show the nostalgia to Nostalgia Lad?
Mere hours left, I'm kind of sad about it. Conversely, I'm excited about all the new threads Teeds bribed-- er, REQUESTED that I start. They're gonna be a hoot.
Yay, I can finally see Lash's picture! smile

I'm sad that the postathon will be ending soon! frown
And I'm about to go down. It's done for me. Had a blast, lots to do tomorrow on a sunny Monday. Happy Anniversary to all!
hug

I start a new job tomorrow. Don't worry if I fade away for a spell. I bought a new used laptop, too. But it won't be ready data-transfer-wise for another week.
Congratulations, cleome. Hope this job works out for you.
Congrats, cleome! I hope all goes well.
Yay, cleome! Best wishes on the new job!
Congrats cleome!
Thank you, My Dears! If all goes well, it should keep me off the streets until June, at least.
As long as you don't vanish from LW entirely, cleome, I'm happy smile
Hope it goes well for you Cleome.
Originally Posted by cleome48
hug

I start a new job tomorrow. Don't worry if I fade away for a spell. I bought a new used laptop, too. But it won't be ready data-transfer-wise for another week.
Great news! Congrats Cle!

Mere hours left, I'm kind of sad about it. Conversely, I'm excited about all the new threads Teeds bribed-- er, REQUESTED that I start. They're gonna be a hoot.
It was an awesome few days...with many more to come! That was a great pic too. I know exactly how you feel.
Congratulations, Cleome.
© Legion World