Legion World
Posted By: thoth lad What did you get me for our anniversary? - 09/17/15 09:40 AM
While I’m sure the gifts are on their way to celebrate my second anniversary here >firm glare< what if they weren’t?

What item, from the room/ place that you are in, will you give me instead?

This thread is also doubling as the “How many posters read Legion World on the toilet?” thread.
I'm not in the toilet right now, but I do have a wad of napkins on my desk. You can have them for YOUR reading-LW-on-the-toilet needs smile
I'll give you a lovely fern that someone gave me, not knowing that if it requires watering more than once a week it's a goner in my care.

Aren't ferns the traditional second anniversary gift?

Happy anniversary!
I get the feeling that you're just trans-ferning the responsibility over to me, but thanks for the gift Tracker! smile
I'll give you a copy of X-Factor 87, so you can finally understand what other people see in Quicksilver.
Thanks for the pressie!

He's not as steroid abusing as Havok looks on the cover. So, that's something. He'd not be able to run. Is the art like that inside too?

LOL

It is.

I look at it as good writing rising above bad art. shrug
Posted By: MLLASH Re: What did you get me for our anniversary? - 09/18/15 01:24 AM
[Linked Image]
I'll give you a framed motivational poster of a mountain with the phrase "Think Win-Win." As a bonus, it also has a sticker of William Shakespeare from an outdoor theatrical production.

I'm sure both will look good in your bathroom.
I got you this handy guide on how to escape quicksand, an absolutely essential skill to have, per the media of my childhood!
How dare you think YOU'RE the one who gets stuff for OUR anniversary! I'm leaving.

[Linked Image]
...leaving you with this crap from my clipboard, that is!

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Posted By: MLLASH Re: What did you get me for our anniversary? - 09/18/15 03:35 AM
A full run of MANCEY AND JAMBO comics
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
I got you this handy guide on how to escape quicksand, an absolutely essential skill to have, per the media of my childhood!

I got you this guide to avoiding an even more dangerous hazard... huge ships.
Wait, this is a 2nd anniversary? WELL, A SECOND CLIPBOARD DUMP IS IN ORDER, THEN.

There's nothing quite like getting up in the morning and finding a trove of unexpected pressies! It reminds me of my somnambulist burglary days (darn you Dr Caligari!) Thank you all!

Originally Posted by MLLASH
[Linked Image]

I am marrying one of those panels. But which one? Thanks LASH!

Originally Posted by He Who Wanders
I'll give you a framed motivational poster of a mountain with the phrase "Think Win-Win." As a bonus, it also has a sticker of William Shakespeare from an outdoor theatrical production.

I always look at those motivational posters and think "What the hell did I do to get stranded up a mountain? I bet it was the guide. He always looked shifty to me..." I'm still reading things recently about Shakespeare being more of a collective effort. It's based on...whatever BCC feels it can get away with to produce a show out of. Thanks HWW!

Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester

But...but.. I don't want to escape Quicksand...

click to enlarge

It's tough getting to spend time with her. It's like someone has a Holdur on her.

[Linked Image][/quote]

Originally Posted by Thriftshop Debutante
How dare you think YOU'RE the one who gets stuff for OUR anniversary! I'm leaving.

Ah, ah, ah. Doesn't count if it's not leaving in a Space Huff. I was going to remind you not to show off that coat on LW. Because people might connect it to Catspaw's disappearance. But I'm having much more fun with the Ruptured Heart Logo and there's just not enough Inter-posts on Romantic Pockets. Thanks Teeds!
...leaving you with this crap from my clipboard, that is!

But even your cast off covers are cool! I've been wanting to give Hippocrates a kick like that for years! And who doesn't want a memento of their Darrell Dane Doll Drugs Days?

A full run of MANCEY AND JAMBO comics

Oh wow! thanks LASH! I can't believe they put aside the drugs, alcohol and constant fighting over the same partners to get together! ....uh, who?

Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac

I got you this guide to avoiding an even more dangerous hazard... huge ships.

It's still all right to use huge ships to get past the quicksand though, right? sanafrazzin rasafrassin guides! >lifts clenched fist to heavens, promptly sinks in quicksand<

Wait, this is a 2nd anniversary? WELL, A SECOND CLIPBOARD DUMP IS IN ORDER, THEN.

Then I'm doubly honoured! Remember kids! It's all very well being full of regretful tears afterwards. But Peter Panda had it coming and so will you if you eat your veg!

Ah, Spike and Mike. The Mancey and Jambo of their day.

Off to become a tramp of limbo, just for the cool fashions...

Certain philistines would not recognize superb flounce if it ran over his shins, reversed back over shins, and then ran over shins yet again.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: What did you get me for our anniversary? - 09/18/15 08:33 PM
The real-life Mancey & Jambo

[Linked Image]

They're crime-solving lesbians like Cagney & Lacey! But in love like Hart to Hart!
Certain philistines would not recognize superb flounce if it ran over his shins, reversed back over shins, and then ran over shins yet again.

Just as well my name isn't phil. I'd hate to be that slow on the flounce uptake. I doubt my legs could stand up to another beating either.

They're crime-solving lesbians like Cagney & Lacey!

Wha?! They Lyle Norg* Retconned Cagney & Lacey?! Wasn't one of them married to a man with a moustache that Terry Long was technical advisor on? No one could resist that!

But in love like Hart to Hart!

Wha?! Wasn't Hart to Hart the Conjoined Twin Detectives who solved mysteries? I haven't been sold another duff DVD have I?

*Salu & Ayla were always meant for each other so it's not a retcon, so there. smile
Here's my girl Trip to give you the finger(s).

[Linked Image]
Here's my girl Trip to give you the finger(s).

How could you bring up all my dating failures on our anniversary?! >sob<

Oh look! That cover of Sally has cute kittens all over it! >anti sob<
In an hour, it will have been Four Years since I joined!

Yeah, it only seems like ten!
Apparently the traditional gift to give on a fifth anniversary is wood, so give me...oh wait...it's been replaced in modern times by silverware. That's a relief.

It also mentions that the gem, should you be stopping by Spiffany's, is sapphire (preferably not one that's second hand from having been in a Geoff Johns story).

The flower is a daisy and the site I'm taking this from tells my that 5 years ago the most popular song was by some lot called Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. The song?

Thrift Shop! No doubt penned after reading a few cover-related posts here!
Originally Posted by thoth lad
Apparently the traditional gift to give on a fifth anniversary is wood,

This explains why none of Alan Scott's marriages lasted more than four years!
Did Molly finally give him a different kind of wood, thus breaking the curse?
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Update your info. As is well known, the modern gift is the CLIPBOARD DUMP.

Ron-Karr hates celebrating the Paper Anniversary. Giving a gift of paper just seems too much like sentient-trafficking.
But Ferro enjoyed his Iron Anniversary. Finally, his mask stood for something more than just a way to hide his identity,
Thanks Teeds! I love my clipboard dumps... which sounds as though I've been eating a lot of unhealthy large stationary items.

Thanks Ibby!
... which sounds as though I've been eating a lot of unhealthy large stationary items.

What kind of unhealthy or unhealthy moving items (of any size) do you eat?
I suddenly have this mental image of thoth trying to imitate a Bismollian by eating unhealthy large stationary items, such as...

A refrigerator
A washing machine
The Statue of Liberty
The Great Sphinx
A sloth
Homer Simpson
... which sounds as though I've been eating a lot of unhealthy large stationary items.

What kind of unhealthy or unhealthy moving items (of any size) do you eat?

No different from anyone else. Antelope... small hatchbacks...
... priceless and irreplaceable antique furniture,
large clumps of dirt,
rare species of cacti,
broken suitcases,
spare tractor tires...

thoth likes having a balanced diet.
Another light brunch on Bismoll. Thanks Ibby!
Glad you like it, thothy. For drinks, make sure to try the lubricating oil, the Imskian hatch sealant, the muddied spring water from Talok VI...
For a while you could superheat your Muddied Talokian Water with the edge of the Persuader's axe. Then he escaped from prison again...
Some people tried using Mano's hand to heat it, and you know how that would go...

Sun Emperor was a terrible choice too. He always heated the wrong things.
You could never get any staff to bring the stuff to your table when Sun Emperor was around either.
This year's clipboard dump is in Gym'll's. Scamper over.

Early, nothing; my timing is impeccable. I am a debutante & all.
Wha?! I've got to put *work* into this relationship?! Trek over to *another* thread?! Cheeses! I thought going through all that pre-marriage stuff, before I settled down with Legion World meant I didn't have to that stuff no more! smile

Your timing is always perfect, Teeds. I guess having that blackmail material on the Trapper has its perks. smile
Happy Anniversary, Thoth. I'm not going to be writing any more DCU fics, so I am turning one of my Bits threads over to you. Hint: It's about a team book you like better than I do.

http://legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=128542
Psi-Force? Atari Force? Yay! The Justice League. Thanks Ann! I miss Fickles very much and... hang on a minute… you luvvs JLA #200 every bit as much as I do! smile You love that time where they'd have a cast of thousands from the Golden Age of Fawcett or whatever, even *more* than I do! smile
Your timing is always perfect, Teeds.

Duh, Trishki.

Less simpering, more scampering.

Cheeses!

Oh yeah, and you gotta go fight these guys
Psi-Force? Atari Force? Yay! The Justice League. Thanks Ann! I miss Fickles very much and... hang on a minute&#133; you luvvs JLA #200 every bit as much as I do! smile You love that time where they'd have a cast of thousands from the Golden Age of Fawcett or whatever, even *more* than I do! smile

You're very welcome, Thoth. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take that thread. Have fun.

Fickles may be no more, but her legacy is secure...even if she didn't finish most of her stories. (And BTW, I am going to still be doing Marvel Universe fics.)
hmm
Originally Posted by Leap Year Lord
Your timing is always perfect, Teeds.

Duh, Trishki.

Less simpering, more scampering.

Do you think? I'd hate to let my Gold Medal winning British-class-based-fawning fall into disuse. Although, I do scamper like a much more rascally Kid Flash. Choices, choices...

Originally Posted by Leap Year Lord
Cheeses!

Oh yeah, and you gotta go fight these guys

Fight 'em?! What do think I am? Crackers?!

Happy Anniversary To Me... Happy Anniversary To Me... Happ...

>sqwawk! This post has been interrupted by the LW Rulebook that specifically points out in rule 11 that there be no attention seeking posts. No one bought *this* Rulebook* a nice new dust jacket for its birthday, so I don't see why other posters should get...>squawk!<

..y Anniversary to me!
NEW OMNICOM WHO DIS
Surely I'll make the cut for the new Legion?! Everyone else seems to have done.
Mmm hmm. Now put on your scampering belt and git to Gym'll's.
Consider me scampered, ma'am!
Traditional 7th, copper and wool. How about a bottle of Woolite and a kettle?
Well, the Woolite tastes better than some beers I've had recently, but what's the kettle... oh, I feel odd...>thump<
Isn't copper and wool paraphernalia for...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sounds like someone's been scamperin' to the Titans forum.
I didn't get much exercise. But thanks to Teeds' cover comparison threads, I've embraced rascally scampering and watched the pounds fall off.
ANNIVERSARY CLIPBOARD DUMP

Everyone else seemed to having more fun in the Be Flash Bar. But the light jazz and ennui kept me staring at my coffee in The Electric Black.

Thanks Teeds! It's nice getting dumped by you on my anniversary.
THE DUMPING AIN'T DONE YET

If you've been dumped and your life upended
It won't be long till you've recovered
Four colour thrills and your heart soon mended
Because you know that Teeds has you covered
© Legion World