Legion World
Posted By: Nightcrawler San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 07/14/17 08:33 PM
So here are the dates for next year - http://sdccblog.com/2017/07/its-official-we-have-san-diego-comic-con-2018-dates/

July 18-22. This will be the Legion's 60th Anniversary, Legion World's 15th Anniversary and the 10th Anniversary of this.

Please help us out-do the gathering from 2008. What would it take for you to come to San Diego next year (assume you have a badge)?

I've got several cool giveaways planned for next year. I'd love to see each and everyone here!
Posted By: Kappa Kid Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 07/14/17 09:04 PM
Assuming I have a job already set up for after graduation (fingers crossed!), I will most likely be there. cool
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 07/18/17 12:21 PM
I'll be there next year! And I can play host

I just need to be more on the ball when it comes to the badge opening times
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 07/19/17 12:01 AM
That would be great. Hopefully, we'll be able to meet up before then. wink Were you at the Con in 2008, Andy? I remember seeing/meeting you one year, but not sure which one.

Back in 2008, we had if I recall the following members in attendance at some point or another -

Abin Quank
Actor Lad
Akanipsion
Caliente
CJ Taylor
Cobalt Kid
Dinner Damsel
Director Lad
Exnihil
Faraway Lad & Gigglebot Girl
Fat Cramer
Kent Shakespeare
Kinetix
Klordny
Lightning Lad
L.E.G.I.O.N.JOHN
Mechana
Monkey Eater Lad
Nightcrawler & Mogli
Outdoor Miner
QuietDarkness
Quislet, Esq
Ravenette84
Rockhopper Lad
rokk steady
rtvu2
Saturn Girl
Sir Tim Drake
Stu
Suddenly Seymour
Superboymddjr
toddschoonover

Hopefully, we can surpass that number next year.
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 07/21/17 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
That would be great. Hopefully, we'll be able to meet up before then. wink Were you at the Con in 2008, Andy? I remember seeing/meeting you one year, but not sure which one.

I was there in 2008! Oddly enough... but I had been inactive on the Board for awhile and I was a bit shy about being around Legionworld folks
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 10/12/17 05:32 PM
I got my 2018 SDCC Tickets!!!!!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 10/12/17 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Myg - Andy S

Wha? How? I didn't get any notification Registration was open yet.
Posted By: Kappa Kid Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 10/12/17 11:10 PM
Maybe pre-registration opened? General registration isn't ever until late February or early March.
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 10/13/17 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by Dave Hackett
Originally Posted by Myg - Andy S

Wha? How? I didn't get any notification Registration was open yet.

Professional registration opened. I teach a class on comic books (and have written on them) so I qualified for pro-status
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 10/13/17 01:45 PM
One down and a few hundred more to go! Let's see everyone next year!
Posted By: Kappa Kid Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 10/14/17 04:46 PM
I'm defintely going to make an effort to go this year. I'm going to be employed by that time, so I'll be able to use my vacation days for it. smile
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/08/17 11:17 PM
Trade Professional SDCC Badges registration is open. If that applies to you, please check it out!

We need to get as many of you out here as possible. If there's anything I can help with, please let me know.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/09/17 04:02 PM
We've got a lot of financial commitments (new kitchen coming, some small assistance to mr_cleome's dad) looming. But I've broached the subject of attending and he likes the idea. What I'd love to do is sightseeing in S.D., then drop into the con for a day to see everyone. I'm kind of old and grumpy to spend 3-4 days doing con stuff, but I'd love to see Nighty and anyone else from here who's attending.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/14/17 11:50 PM
Would love to show you the sights Amy!

And Comic-Con just officially sent my the confirmation that we have the table for 2018. We'll be in the Mezzanine at our usual MZ-01 spot.

We're going to have a lot more giveaways for the table to celebrate the anniversaries, so please make it if you can.
Posted By: Blacula Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/15/17 07:20 AM
I've never been to SD Comic-Con, or ever even met a fellow Legion Worlder, before; and would love to do both in 2018!

On the plus side, since I'm now living in the US instead of all the way over in Australia, I no longer have a massive desert and ocean keeping me away.

On the down side, since I just bought and renovated a house but don't yet have a job, I have less than no money and don't know how I'll be situated next year.

So it's a big "We'll see" from me for now unfortunately.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/15/17 02:50 PM
What part of the US did you move to? Let's hope things align so that you can make it over to San Diego in July.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/15/17 02:59 PM
Hope things turn around for you, Blacula.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/15/17 03:50 PM
I have to say that cons, even San Diego (or possibly especially San Diego) don't interest me any more. Too many people and long lines. That said, I wouldn't mind hanging at a Legion World table at San Diego.

With my big vacation coming up in January, I don't know if I could take another trip.
Posted By: Blacula Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/15/17 06:02 PM
What part of the US did you move to? Let's hope things align so that you can make it over to San Diego in July.

Thanks NC. I’m in Austin, Texas. Out of curiosity, how far in advance does one need to have locked in their Comic-Con plans (ticket/accommodation/flight/etc.)? Like, can I still be weighing up my options in May or June next year or do I need to have everything decided by like January 1 or something?

Originally Posted by Dave Hackett
Hope things turn around for you, Blacula.

Thanks Dave! I’m thinking positive that it will. smile
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/15/17 07:20 PM
Well, tickets go on sale a few months in advance as do the official hotels in or near downtown. I don't know when the general public will get the chance just yet. If you are interested in going, it's best to try for tickets and get a refund. You can always return tickets for a full refund about a month before the Con (Juneish).

For those of us that do want to come and didn't win the option to buy the tickets should still plan on coming as we might be able to work out a deal with the Con next year. But that would be limited, so as many people getting tickets as possible the regular way would help. Also, all of downtown San Diego becomes Comic-Con and outside activities are available to everyone regardless of a ticket. So, it's fun no matter what (plus, Zoo, Legoland, SeaWorld, and tons of free activities too...San Diego is a great place to visit anytime - this message brought to you by the Tourist Bureau of San Diego). And Andy, Kabir and I live here. smile

Anyway, those strapped for cash, if they make it here, we'll try to figure out where you can stay and get you into the Con at least one day. I'm working to set things up to help with places to stay, but as with the tickets, if as many people can get here the usual routes, then we can all help each other out.

I would like to meet you and your husband, so I hope you guys can make it!
Posted By: Blacula Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/15/17 11:01 PM
Thanks for the info Gary! I’d like to come but will wait and see what happens job-wise. If I do though, it may end up just being me, as my other half is the most non-comics/games/sci-fi/fantasy/any-kind-of-genre-fan you could ever meet in your life. frown He doesn’t even watch movies or TV (except the news)!

So I think Comic-Con might be his idea of hell. But I think he likes San Diego so I might lure him over there on the pretense of a holiday and then be like “Oh look. I wonder where all those interestingly dressed people are going?” <evil laugh>
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/15/17 11:59 PM
Maybe we can create a group of significant others that aren't into comics that can spend their days sightseeing and meet us all for dinners and get-togethers at night?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/16/17 05:14 PM
Blaze is also not comics literate, as he confessed to me! Apparently he just faked his interest in the Legion to get me to fall for him! How Archie!
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/17/17 09:56 PM
For those of you interested in buying tickets for next year, here's a great resource to get ready for ticket sales.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/17/17 10:37 PM
Also, Comic-Con just emailed me about Exhibitor Housing Reservations for Dec. 7-10. If you are interested in getting the first look at the hotels/prices that are available, please send me an IM and I'll help hook you up.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/28/17 01:12 PM
Just got the notice that open registration is December 9th. Wow, far earlier than I've seen before. You also can't get into open registration unless you had your ID before Novmembr 27th (yesterday). Hope everyone has their IDs and good luck in the virtual line up!
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 11/28/17 02:40 PM
Thanks Dave! Good Luck everyone!

Attached picture d78ef425-dbb3-4a59-9a7b-b44e851c870b.png
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 12/07/17 03:33 PM
Everyone should have their registration codes by now. Make sure you log in in the hour before the sale starts just to confirm they work. Good luck, everyone!
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 12/09/17 04:41 PM
Hope everyone is logged in to get their badges. Good luck!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 12/09/17 05:56 PM
Not looking good. Wednesday and Saturday are gone. Once Friday goes, my traveling partner is out which means I am too. Hope others had better luck!
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 12/10/17 09:26 PM
Ugh, well don't give up if you didn't get tickets this round. There may be more and we may be able to help through the table.
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 12/13/17 05:17 AM
I have two tickets, so I don't mind sharing time in and out of the morass
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 12/31/17 09:21 AM
Wish I could make it for the anniversaries this year but I’ll be in LA before the con, around the 4th, so I wouldn’t be able to wait out the two weeks or turn around and come back. I will be there in spirit and if there’s anything I can do to help out just let me know.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 02/23/18 04:32 PM
Anyone that didn't get a badge want to try a contest to win them?

Here's the San Diego Comic-Con's Unofficial Blog's list of Contests.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 02/23/18 04:54 PM
Anyone that didn't get a badge want to try a contest to win them?

Here's the San Diego Comic-Con's Unofficial Blog's list of Contests.

The prize also includes airfare and hotel for 2
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 02/23/18 05:20 PM
Cool! They should be adding more contests to the list as they come up.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 03/25/18 04:19 AM
I stalled and stalled coming around with disappointing news, but... here it is. Even though CA isn't that far away, I'm not going to be making the journey for the anniversary.

shake

At chez_cleome we are FINALLY re-doing our kitchen. It should be finished by next month, but trust me when I say we'll be paying it all off MUCH longer than that.

Really sorry. I don't suppose everyone wants to charter a bus and spend a day up here hanging out in our new, improved space? (I can't tell you how excited I am at the thought of fixing coffee and a boiled egg for myself again. Since 2/1/18, it's been whatever can fit in the relocated microwave or toaster oven, and not much else.)
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 03/26/18 05:21 PM
Glad you are finally getting the kitchen you want, Amy. Sorry to hear that means you won't be able to make the trip down here.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 03/26/18 06:53 PM
Thanks, Nighty. Yeah, this has been in the works for ages, and of course there were complications (oh, those old houses!) and we've gone over budget. Though not by much.

If I inexplicably stumble onto a huge pile of money in the next couple of months, I'll show up. Even if all the tickets are gone and we can only hang out at the Spaghetti Warehouse... or whatever that hipster joint for cool kids is called. I forget. wink
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 04/06/18 02:13 PM
Let's make two assumptions...1) You have a ticket to Comic-Con and 2) you have a place to stay in San Diego.

How many people would be able to make it to San Diego July 18/19 to the 22nd, if the above were true?
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 04/07/18 12:34 AM
I wish I could. frown
Posted By: Kappa Kid Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 04/07/18 03:33 PM
Assuming those were true, I think I could make it. I would just have to make sure to ask my manager for PTO in advance!
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 04/07/18 06:06 PM
Yay, Vik! Here's where you can stay for free, if other LWers want to come, would you be willing to share?
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 04/07/18 08:53 PM
EDE, I wish you could. It would be great to finally meet.
Posted By: Kappa Kid Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 04/09/18 02:19 AM
Yay, Vik! Here's where you can stay for free, if other LWers want to come, would you be willing to share?

Sure, the more the merrier!
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 04/17/18 05:25 PM
Did I post this yet?
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 07/09/18 04:47 PM
So, who is coming next week and needs a ticket? You can stay for free at my house, but would need to get here and buy a ticket.

Comic-Con is asking me for names to buy the tickets now.
Posted By: Pov Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 07/10/18 02:05 AM
Just give them Legionnaire's real names when you buy the tickets... wink
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 07/11/18 06:07 PM
I wish I could come out for the COn. Well, not actually the con, but to hang with you guys.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 07/11/18 07:56 PM
The Con's not so bad...I wish you guys could be here.

Legion World at SDCC 2008 -

[Linked Image]

Legion World at SDCC 2018 -

[Linked Image]

10 years takes its toll.

Attached picture s-l640.jpg
Attached picture Legion_of_Super-Heroes_Vol_4_1.jpg
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 07/11/18 08:02 PM
I will try to make plans for next year.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 07/11/18 08:03 PM
frown

I *so* wish I could make it.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 07/11/18 08:18 PM
Hopefully within the next ten years:

Attached picture lo3w.jpg
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 07/19/18 04:49 PM
Here's the table from last night and the table today.

Attached picture LW_7-18-18.jpg
Attached picture LW_7-19-18.jpg
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 07/19/18 05:05 PM
Awesome setup as always!
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - 08/03/18 04:04 AM
The table was awesome - it was very cool to be there ... I don't know how to post pics, but Gary has a couple of me around the table that are ok to post
© Legion World