Legion World
So what do we know about this international woman of mystery?

She is cute in a fez, she recently moved to the most magical place on Earth (New Zealand), and she was mysteriously absent from Legion World for several years!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I find her one of our most intriguing long-time members!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/01/10 03:27 AM
What drives Karie? What's her favorite movie, her favorite color? Does she like bluegrass music????
I agree with EDE!

I'll let her tell you all about her Nobel Prize in biochemistry, her ability to speak 27 languages fluently, her inventions that made flatscreen TVs possible, and her ability to predict the lotto numbers by chanting Chuck Norris' name.

I wouldn't want to steal her thunder.
Why does she visit Legion World so infrequently? Is she related to Thomas Fatsi? Is she really a time traveler?
Well, that's it. I'm outta' here. Who can compete with all this dramatic intrigue AND fezzes?

sigh
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Why does she visit Legion World so infrequently? Is she related to Thomas Fatsi? Is she really a time traveler?
She visits much more than she posts!

She's a... a... Lurker! eek
One time I was traveling to a foreign country and a mischievous pickpocket almost made off with my passport and wallet, when a mysterious woman captured the thief and returned my belongings using nothing more than a high heel and lipstick.

I've long suspected this was Karie!
Hey, remember when Hitler's-Brain-in-a-Jar took over the entire planet by planting chips in our heads?

What, you don't remember that?

Oh, yeah. Karie stopped it before it happened.
i think she's really laurel gand's younger sister.

seriously, think about it, it makes sense.
The other day I was walking through my neighborhood and I saw a gang of teenage ruffians webbed up together in a tree (upside down). On it was a note that said:

"Dear Officers,

Enjoy.

- K"

I nodded to Pickles (my dog) and said "looks like another one in the win column for truth & justice".
I've heard that one smile from Karie can make flowers bloom in the wintertime.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/01/10 07:06 PM
Hmmm... Karie has shown she isn't afraid of wearing kooky headwear... much like a certain other poster we all know and love.

I think Karie should star in a series of all-ages mysteries involving various hats.

Up first: The Case of the Ridonkulous Derby!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pov Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/01/10 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
a high heel and lipstick
Those WERE your belongings... O_o
I think Karie is afraid of us.

frown
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/01/10 09:04 PM
I think I LURVE you guys and girls!!

Plus, I thought a little mystery was a good thing wink
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/01/10 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
[b]Why does she visit Legion World so infrequently? Is she related to Thomas Fatsi? Is she really a time traveler?

She's a... a... Lurker! eek [/b]
*gasp* I cant believe you called me a lurker!!

frown

Sometimes I dont feel like I have anything worthy to contribute... but I'm sure I'll get over that laugh
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/01/10 10:06 PM
None of us really do sweetie, we just post a lot and eventually something sticks. wink
they haven't got rid of me yet!! you're in the clear!
Originally posted by Karie:
[b]
[b]Why does she visit Legion World so infrequently? Is she related to Thomas Fatsi? Is she really a time traveler?

She's a... a... Lurker! eek [/b]
*gasp* I cant believe you called me a lurker!!

frown

Sometimes I dont feel like I have anything worthy to contribute... but I'm sure I'll get over that laugh [/b]
Bah! EDE was just trying to goad you into posting.

I'm wise to his ways...
Exactly! If anything, your not posting makes me feel inadequate for not having said anything interesting enough for you to respond to! frown
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/01/10 10:38 PM
Ok, I'll try be a bit more of an active poster from now on... dont want EDE to think he's not interesting laugh
(he's also jealous that you look better in a fez than he does)
Originally posted by Kent:
(he's also jealous that you look better in a fez than he does)
Crap! Kent does have me figured out, doesn't he? laugh
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/01/10 10:59 PM
To lose some of the mystery:

Born in Durban, South Africa, lived there most of my life, except for two years in London. Have recently moved to New Zealand, as the company I worked for in SA closed, and I was having a real tough time finding work. So, I moved to NZ where my parents immigrated to 3 years ago. I am not loving the fact that I am living again with the folks, as I like my space and independance.

I dont actually have a favourite colour, as a kid I could never choose between any one colour as I didnt want to hurt the other colours feelings. It was the same when it came to eating vegetables... one pea, one carrot, one bean and so forth. I do like purple, green, blue and red... all the rich jewel tones, and sometimes, very rarely, do I actually like the colour pink. I used to wear it a lot when I was small, so now I think I'm just trying to even my life out with other colours.

Favourite movies: Boondock Saints, Watchmen, Pulp Fiction, House of Flying Daggers, Gone with the Wind, Gentlemen prefer Blondes, Rock n Rolla... actually I like quite a few movies, all from different genres.

ummmm... I actually wear glasses, and sometimes wear contact lenses when I go out. No one that I meet when I'm wearing my contacts ever recognises me with my glasses on. I know how Clark Kent got away with his disguise.

I dont know 27 languages, just English, Afrikaans, a tiny bit of Zulu, and an even smaller smidge of Arabic.

I love painting, and sometime in my teens I just stopped doing anything arty. I found some of my old drawings the other day when I was packing up my flat, and could kick myself for not sticking with it. I was pretty good. So, while I am sitting here in the land of the long white cloud, I am playing around with some paints and charcoal. Sorta re-inventing myself.

I was absent from the boards for such a long time because I found myself in a rather bad relationship, which took awhile to get out of, and to get back onto my feet. shocked

Hmmm.... I think all that info should be enough for now cool

PS: I do like hats!! he he laugh
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/01/10 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Kent:
[b](he's also jealous that you look better in a fez than he does)
Crap! Kent does have me figured out, doesn't he? laugh [/b]
ha ha ha ha....
One time I was traveling to a foreign country and a mischievous pickpocket almost made off with my passport and wallet, when a mysterious woman captured the thief and returned my belongings using nothing more than a high heel and lipstick.

I suspect this incident occurred when you were en route from South Africa to New Zealand! laugh
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/01/10 11:36 PM
[b]One time I was traveling to a foreign country and a mischievous pickpocket almost made off with my passport and wallet, when a mysterious woman captured the thief and returned my belongings using nothing more than a high heel and lipstick.

I suspect this incident occurred when you were en route from South Africa to New Zealand! laugh [/b]
It's amazing what the right set of heels and some lipstick can do lol
So you're the femme fatale known in select circles as Lipstick Lass!
Originally posted by Power Boy:
i think she's really laurel gand's younger sister.

seriously, think about it, it makes sense.
....DUDE! You just blew my mind. wink

Born in Durban, South Africa, lived there most of my life, except for two years in London. Have recently moved to New Zealand, as the company I worked for in SA closed, and I was having a real tough time finding work. So, I moved to NZ where my parents immigrated to 3 years ago. I am not loving the fact that I am living again with the folks, as I like my space and independance.

I dont actually have a favourite colour, as a kid I could never choose between any one colour as I didnt want to hurt the other colours feelings. It was the same when it came to eating vegetables... one pea, one carrot, one bean and so forth. I do like purple, green, blue and red... all the rich jewel tones, and sometimes, very rarely, do I actually like the colour pink. I used to wear it a lot when I was small, so now I think I'm just trying to even my life out with other colours.

Favourite movies: Boondock Saints, Watchmen, Pulp Fiction, House of Flying Daggers, Gone with the Wind, Gentlemen prefer Blondes, Rock n Rolla... actually I like quite a few movies, all from different genres.

ummmm... I actually wear glasses, and sometimes wear contact lenses when I go out. No one that I meet when I'm wearing my contacts ever recognises me with my glasses on. I know how Clark Kent got away with his disguise.

I dont know 27 languages, just English, Afrikaans, a tiny bit of Zulu, and an even smaller smidge of Arabic.

I love painting, and sometime in my teens I just stopped doing anything arty. I found some of my old drawings the other day when I was packing up my flat, and could kick myself for not sticking with it. I was pretty good. So, while I am sitting here in the land of the long white cloud, I am playing around with some paints and charcoal. Sorta re-inventing myself.

I was absent from the boards for such a long time because I found myself in a rather bad relationship, which took awhile to get out of, and to get back onto my feet. shocked

awww Karie, you sound like a very sweet and sensitive person. i used to have to play with all my action figures and teddy bears at the same time because i didnt want them to feel left out! and then i'd feel bad for the ones i made act out the villain roles.

keep painting!!!
Wait! New Zealand?!

Eeeeeeee!!!!

faint
Karie, Boondock Saints is one of my favorite movies, too.

One of my best friends favorite movies, as well. And I was the one who recommended it to her. laugh
Also a huge fan of Boondocks Saints! I used to watch it with my college roommates constantly!
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/03/10 01:49 AM
You can't stop can you Cobie?
Posted By: MLLASH Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/03/10 10:05 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/08/10 07:37 AM
Originally posted by cleome:
Wait! New Zealand?!

Eeeeeeee!!!!

faint
Cleome... I saw this in one of the comic book stores I found. I've put it on my to buy list laugh
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/08/10 07:38 AM
Originally posted by MLLASH:
[Linked Image]
MLLASH... I love it!!! love
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/08/10 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Fanfic Lass:
Karie, Boondock Saints is one of my favorite movies, too.

One of my best friends favorite movies, as well. And I was the one who recommended it to her. laugh
There is going to be a Boondock Saints 2... or maybe it's already been released in the US. I dont really expect it to be as great as the first one.
I generally skip sequels to movies I love. For instance, I've never seen Alien 3 or Alien Ressurection.
Based on interviews with Troy Duffy (the creator of Boondocks Saints), he seems really off the wall and totally out of touch with reality. I hope that doesn't translate to the sequel. I'll probably get around to watching it one day.
[b] Wait! New Zealand?!

Eeeeeeee!!!!

faint
Cleome... I saw this in one of the comic book stores I found. I've put it on my to buy list laugh [/b]
Let me know if you end up liking it. I can't imagine my life without something by Horrocks, personally.

love
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 08/29/10 05:27 AM
[b]
[b] Wait! New Zealand?!

Eeeeeeee!!!!

faint
Cleome... I saw this in one of the comic book stores I found. I've put it on my to buy list laugh [/b]
Let me know if you end up liking it. I can't imagine my life without something by Horrocks, personally.

love [/b]
Cleome, I'm finally getting round to reading Hicksville. I'm loving it! Thanks so much for introducing it to me.
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 08/29/10 05:28 AM
D'oh... Double post.
Karie, have you ever read Peter David's Fallen Angel?
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 08/29/10 11:25 AM
No I haven't. Is it good?
It's very good, and well worth seeking out in trades. It's about a female angel cast out of heaven and living in a noir-fantasy city full of magic and mayhem.
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 08/29/10 11:43 AM
Ooooh! I'm definitely going keep a looksie out for it. I love noir type books. Thank you for letting me know about it.
Cleome, I'm finally getting round to reading Hicksville. I'm loving it! Thanks so much for introducing it to me.
BouncingBoy

Yay!
bump

[waves]
Quislet
For those who doubt that people from the future are watching us right now, consider the fact that Karie is something like 17-20 hours ahead of those of us in the continental U.S., and thus is almost always posting from tomorrow!

Thus her new nickname:

KARIE, GIRL OF TOMORROW!
Tell us, O Girl of Tomorrow, what is the future like?
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 12/26/10 09:12 PM
If I tell you, it'll ruin the suprise!
Can you at least give me tomorrow's wining lotto numbers?
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 12/26/10 10:26 PM
You have Lotto on a Monday?
Alas, even Lotto and other assorted lotteries' results are off limits to those of us from the future. That's classified as "sensitive" information.
That sort of knowledge wreaks havoc on the timestream if it falls into the wrong hands.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you all. frown
P.S. Karie, from which timeline are you from by the way?
Lest anyone doubt Karie is from the world of tomorrow, in New Zealand they already have jetpacks!
Lest anyone doubt Karie is from the world of tomorrow, in New Zealand they already have jetpacks!
What's just as crazy is reading this article from The Telegraph newspaper in NZ but it's dated Monday December 27, 2010! BUT THAT'S TOMORROW!!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT???

Hey wait a minute .... I'm from the future, so this sort of thing should be no big deal for me, right? Huh!
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 12/31/10 01:07 AM
Couple of hours to go and I can tell you what 2011 looks like.
Yet another reason why you, Karie, are awesome! love
Posted By: MLLASH Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 12/31/10 04:40 AM
Winner for best nickname 2010 goes to:

ME? For most beloved poster??? Oh I simply can't accept!

I pass this award on to EDE and KARIE-- GIRL OF TOMORROW!!!! wink

>heads to Karie's FB page to ask for predictions<
Tomorrow Never Dies, you know.
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 12/31/10 07:09 AM
Lash... Keep an eye out on FB. I have 3 bottles of wine, and champagne to help with my prediction predicting lol he he...
Posted By: MLLASH Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 12/31/10 08:27 AM
That's a done deal, doll!
So ... what's next year look like so far? smile
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 12/31/10 01:40 PM
Full of promise!
Ah, ever the optimist eh?
Well I don't know this so called "Girl of Tomorrow."
But if you guys vouch for her then she's A-OK in my book.
I searched for tomorrow and found... this thread!

[cue dramatic organ music]
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 01/14/11 01:16 PM
First night of our play tonight... Yes, I was the token blonde in the play, but right now I'm in the garden, under the stars, listening to Muse and Offspring, thinking of the future.
This is so sudden Karie! Aw shucks, thanks heeps. I'm flattered!!! shocked
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 01/25/11 02:35 AM
Soooooo... Maybe I'm taking this future thing a bit too far. On Saturday night I had a dream about one of the residents at the old age home that I volunteer at, in my dream he passed away. Yesterday I found out that he actually did leave us for greener pastures on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I'm a little creeped out, but this isn't the first time. Any suggestions on how I can dream up this Saturdays lottery numbers??
visualize the ends results: fancy cars, big beachfront mansion, and all of your fave LWers over for the mega-party of all mega-parties! keep visualizing, and it's bound to happen!
I suggest walking around in a silver bathing suit, flirting heavily, and complaining about breaking nails! Maybe that'll get you in the mood!
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 01/25/11 03:28 AM
The flirting heavily is something that I do on a regular basis, plus breaking nails. Cant I just wear a lot of silver jewellery instead of the bathing suit... The men in New Zealand are terrible gawkers!
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 01/25/11 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
visualize the ends results: fancy cars, big beachfront mansion, and all of your fave LWers over for the mega-party of all mega-parties! keep visualizing, and it's bound to happen!
Visualizing... Visualizing... Visualizing... laugh
Random cool fact about Karie, Girl of Tomorrow:

Her avatar here looks amazingly like her picture on Facebook!
bump

Because it's Karie's birthday, and because she's awesome!

AMAZING! See how awesome Karie is? Just her real-life story already holds enough material for TEN movies!
She's also <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">movie-star gorgeous!</span></span>
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 11/12/11 08:07 AM
She's also <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">movie-star gorgeous!</span></span>
shocked You're too kind!
No need to blush girl, cuz he ain't kiddin! laugh
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 11/12/11 06:39 PM
It's true. nod
Hmm...

Maybe it's time for Karie, LMB Leader of Tomorrow?
You should totally pull the same ploy I did but work Karie as the candidate!
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/28/13 06:52 AM
I forgot I had my own thread. smile
I demand we sticky this thread!
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/28/13 08:37 AM
I dont know if getting sticky on a Friday night is allowed on the boards.

Wait.... have you reached Friday yet?
Just like posting while drunk or posting while naked, posting while sticky is a tradition here!

It's Friday afternoon here, but I'm getting old - I've absolutely no plans to go out partying tonight.
Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/28/13 08:47 AM
I have been away for a while, need to brush up on the traditions again. Sticky is a new one.

Nothing wrong with being home on a Friday night, I am... and I actually have a pile of work that needs sorting (but I might procrastinate it to Sundays fun pile).
Friday nights are for fun!

Although so are Saturdays.

And Sundays are for... um... uh...

Posted By: Karie Re: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! - 06/30/13 07:55 AM
Sundays are for wishing there were three day weekends! Cause then the fun can continue smile
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac

And Sundays are for... um... uh...

....watching sports? shrug
On Sunday nights, I'm torn between staying up late so I can maximize my weekend, and sleeping early so I can start the workweek right. I ended up going to bed early last night, but tossing and turning all throughout frown
On Sunday nights, I'm torn between staying up late so I can maximize my weekend, and sleeping early so I can start the workweek right. I ended up going to bed early last night, but tossing and turning all throughout frown

Sounds like you just need someone to tire you out so you can go to bed early!
Are you volunteering? wink
Are you volunteering? wink

Me?

Yes, yes I am.
Perfect. I'll get my workout clothes on!
I'll turn on all the hidden cameras!
Maybe we should move this to one of the flirting threads wink After all, this thread is about Karie!

And I'll remember to put on my most photogenic face wink
Man, I just read through this entire thread! It's pretty groovy! I forgot that I didn't invent the nickname until about page 5 or so!

And how sweet was this line:

Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
I've heard that one smile from Karie can make flowers bloom in the wintertime.

Why doesn't anyone hit Karie up for stock tips or sports results to bet on?
That's sort of covered on pg. 6, with lotto numbers at least!
Rumor has it that it is Karie Girl of Tomorrow's birthday! Or, it will be tomorrow, when she is!
Happy Birthay, Karie!

happybirthday
Happy Birthday, Karie!!

happybirthday

Hope you revisit Legion World sometime soon.
I'm a day late! Or perhaps two days late since Karie lives in tomorrow? Happy Bday! cheers
© Legion World