Legion World
This is the thread in which you are to ask whatever questions you will of candidates once they have declared their candidacy. (Please understand most of these candidates are people you wouldn't want washing your car or mowing your lawn when formulating the questions).

The candidates are commanded to answer the questions as untruthfully and/or as self-servingly as is appropriate.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 05:45 PM
To each candidate:

Please discuss which bribes you will be offering and the relative worth of said bribes in credits please. As well, we would like a list of all shady organizations you have ever been a member off, associated with, or have a friend of a friend of a friend that has a tenous connection with said organizations at best.

Thank you and I'll hang up and take your response off the air.
Posted By: Exnihil Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 06:36 PM
Candidates,

While I would assume that it's a given that each of your respective platforms will include the repeal of the ban on three-martini lunches as fully tax-deductable business expenses, I think the real question is: what is your position on olive stuffing?

Do you favor garlic, pimento, hot pepper or au naturale?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 06:46 PM
Candidates,

Public hangings were a great way to socialize and meet other people in ancient times. Will you try to bring these back?
Posted By: cleome57 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 06:54 PM
Candidates,

Could we temper CK's extremism by perhaps just publicly hanging a dead fish around the necks of offenders for a few days until they repent of all wrongdoing? Or would you consider that a waste of a perfectly good dead fish?
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 06:57 PM
Candidates,

What are your thoughts on knuckledragging, exactly?
Posted By: cleome57 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Candidates,

While I would assume that it's a given that each of your respective platforms will include the repeal of the ban on three-martini lunches as fully tax-deductable business expenses, I think the real question is: what is your position on olive stuffing?

And on a related note: Does this turn you on?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 09:17 PM
Candidates

What is your postion on the stone age. Is it a good place to go to?
Posted By: future king Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 10:51 PM
Candidates

Why should Canadians give a rat's ass anyway?
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 11:35 PM
Candidates;

When will be annexing Canada?
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 11:37 PM
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
To each candidate:

Please discuss which bribes you will be offering and the relative worth of said bribes in credits please. As well, we would like a list of all shady organizations you have ever been a member off, associated with, or have a friend of a friend of a friend that has a tenous connection with said organizations at best.

Well, how about a free fuel card to start. It never runs out of credots, and is also good for snacks at any roadside shop.

I'm afraid the other information is classified...but let's just say that I may know where Hoffa is.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 11:38 PM
Candidates,

Pimento needs to be the first choice, followed by hot peppers.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Candidates,

Public hangings were a great way to socialize and meet other people in ancient times. Will you try to bring these back?
I prefer to go with public canings...but hangings are not off the table, or chairs for that matter.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 11:40 PM
Originally posted by cleome:
Candidates,

Could we temper CK's extremism by perhaps just publicly hanging a dead fish around the necks of offenders for a few days until they repent of all wrongdoing? Or would you consider that a waste of a perfectly good dead fish?
It would work as long as we make those people also take the roley poley fish heads to a movie.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 11:41 PM
Candidates,

I swore never to talk about your problem in public. laugh
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 11:41 PM
[b] Candidates,

And on a related note: Does this turn you on?

[Linked Image] [/b]
Quite honestly...yes, yes it does.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
Candidates

I would prefer the stoned age...just so I could giggle with them...never touched that stuff personally.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 11:43 PM
Fruit freak.

wink

My wife can't have olives, figs, and I don't think she's ever tried it, but dates would probably start the same allergic reaction.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 11:44 PM
Originally posted by future king:
Candidates

Because my dear neighbor, you're just like part of my family...I've visited quite often.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 11:46 PM
Take'em down, dirty Canadians.

They've perpetrated Jim Carey and Shania Twain on the world. No quarter given.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 11:46 PM
Candidates;

Right after South Carolina. wink
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 11:47 PM
Take'em down, dirty Canadians.

They've perpetrated Jim Carey and Shania Twain on the world. No quarter given.
Jim Carey was funny at one time (think In Living Color), and what is wrong with Shania?
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 03/31/11 11:48 PM
Nevah! We started it onc't, we can finish it now. We've got tha nintendo!

lol
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 12:20 AM
Nevah! We started it onc't, we can finish it now. We've got tha nintendo!

lol
I'd respond to this...but ya lost me at 'Nevah!"
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 12:21 AM
Shania's right there with megan fox fas as I'm concerned. And we did that to ourselves.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 12:23 AM
I am not seeing the similarity...but all I know is a few of Shanias songs...
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 12:27 AM
Little too full of herself for my tastes.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 12:29 AM
I loathe Shania. I think she's a smarmy plastic cheeseball, and her songs are the ultimate in mediocre pop music.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 12:30 AM
She's country like I'm rap.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 12:55 AM
never really thought of her as country...more like crossover pop/country at best.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 12:56 AM
touted as country down here in SC. Just ain't to my likin'.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 12:58 AM
Her fake country twang is almost as annoying as Jennifer Lopez's fake Bronx accent.

"Huuuuuz bid hev yr buuuuuts ban undur?"

puke
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 01:02 AM
I particularly loathe the spoken parts of "man, i feel like a woman".

Really? 'taint bad enough you sing it, you gotta talk too?
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 01:02 AM
I respect that JLo is considered talented...I just don't see it.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 01:03 AM
She's not talented. She's pure showbiz whore, the Latin version of Madonna.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 01:04 AM
Notice that I said 'considered'.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 01:06 AM
I know, I just had to take a potshot at her. She makes me sick.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 01:08 AM
Right there with you. Certain artists just cause the hackles on the back of my neck to rise. And when that happens, I listen.
Posted By: future king Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 01:34 AM
Hackles are a sign of old age. tease
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 01:36 AM
No, grasshopper, hackles are a sign of enlightenment and wis....

rotflmao

even I can't keep a straight face at that.
Posted By: future king Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 01:44 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by rickshaw1:
<strong> No, grasshopper, hackles are a sign of enlightenment and wis....

lol
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 02:11 AM
No other questions?

Where's my competitor?
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 04:49 AM
To each candidate:

The shadiest organization with which I have ever been associated is a little outfit called the Legion of Message Board Posters.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 04:50 AM
Candidates,

I believe that olive stuffing (or lack thereof) is an individual's right and is not the place of government to interfere with that preference.

Personally, I like hot pepper for eating out of hand, but stuffed with pimientos for my martinis.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Candidates,

Of course. I love hanging with my friends in public. There's no reason we shouldn't all go hang together wherever we want.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 04:52 AM
Candidates,

I'm agin' it. Knuckles are sensitive and should be handled with care, never dragged.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 04:54 AM
Candidates

It always looked like a lot of fun on The Flintstones.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 04:55 AM
[And on a related note: Does this turn you on?

[Linked Image]
No. I don't think of olives in that way. Zucchini, perhaps, but never olives.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 04:58 AM
Candidates

Why? Because you have health care, you spell the word "colour" correctly, you use the metric system and you have that lady who looks like Julie Andrews on all your money. Those are plenty of good reasons!
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 04:58 AM
Candidates;

Right after they annex us!
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 05:05 AM
Candidates,

It would be a waste. Said fish would better serve the public good in the form of sushi, gefilte fish or on the menu at your local Red Lobster, depending on one's inclinations.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 05:06 AM
To each candidate:

Please discuss which bribes you will be offering and the relative worth of said bribes in credits please.
Oh, and as far as bribes go, I believe what I have to offer can't be measured in credits. laugh
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 09:31 AM
Candidates

How can I measure what you are offering?
Posted By: future king Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
[b]To each candidate:

Please discuss which bribes you will be offering and the relative worth of said bribes in credits please.
Oh, and as far as bribes go, I believe what I have to offer can't be measured in credits. laugh [/b]
Ok, but is IT still measurable or is it off the scale?
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 10:58 AM
Candidates

Any way to can, and some things need to be measured in feet. smile
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 10:59 AM
[b]
[b]To each candidate:

Oh, and as far as bribes go, I believe what I have to offer can't be measured in credits. laugh [/b]
Ok, but is IT still measurable or is it off the scale?[/b]
Off the scale, it never runs out.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 01:24 PM
Candidates

I think megaparsecs would be the best measure.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 01:25 PM
[b]
[b]To each candidate:

Ok, but is IT still measurable or is it off the scale?[/b]
Please see my answer to Faraway's question above. laugh
Posted By: Exnihil Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 02:22 PM
Candidates:

A cruiser leaves Legion World traveling at half the speed of light for 31 parsecs, while a second cruiser, departing a half an hour later, travels at one third the speed of light for half the distance. A third departs at the same time as the second, traveling in the opposite direction, but has a stopover at Nullport for one hour before continuing on for two times the distance of the first, but only at half the speed of the second. A fourth is delayed for repairs, departing two hours behind schedule, but offers the passengers a voucher for future travel, and a complimentary breakfast. My question is, what do you plan on doing about the trending depopulation of Legion World?
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 05:44 PM
Candidates, My son will be turning six this year. I am in need of people to dress as clowns and be physically pummeled, drink to excess and pass out while in said clown outfit, and then tossed into the canal out behind where my folks live. There will be little money involved, and pictures will be taken of you for internet humiliation purposes.

First one to volunteer not only gets my vote, but a freeopen bottle of beerused.

Whom will it be?
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 09:53 PM
Candidates, My son will be turning six this year. I am in need of people to dress as clowns and be physically pummeled, drink to excess and pass out while in said clown outfit, and then tossed into the canal out behind where my folks live. There will be little money involved, and pictures will be taken of you for internet humiliation purposes.

First one to volunteer not only gets my vote, but a freeopen bottle of beerused.

Whom will it be?
I volunteer my worthy opponent.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 10:10 PM
Candidates:

A cruiser leaves Legion World traveling at half the speed of light for 31 parsecs, while a second cruiser, departing a half an hour later, travels at one third the speed of light for half the distance. A third departs at the same time as the second, traveling in the opposite direction, but has a stopover at Nullport for one hour before continuing on for two times the distance of the first, but only at half the speed of the second. A fourth is delayed for repairs, departing two hours behind schedule, but offers the passengers a voucher for future travel, and a complimentary breakfast. My question is, what do you plan on doing about the trending depopulation of Legion World?
Tax incentive.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 10:12 PM
[b]Candidates, My son will be turning six this year. I am in need of people to dress as clowns and be physically pummeled, drink to excess and pass out while in said clown outfit, and then tossed into the canal out behind where my folks live. There will be little money involved, and pictures will be taken of you for internet humiliation purposes.

Whom will it be?
I volunteer my worthy opponent.[/b]
Having two kids myself, this actually sound relaxing. I'm in.
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/01/11 11:08 PM
Which of the candidates has a platform closest to Plato's Republic. I'm voting for that.
Jeepers! Why haven't any serious candidates, like Thora, Mayavale, or Giant Robotic Lesbian declared their candidacies?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 12:31 AM
Legion Worlders,

I have nothing to hide. I was, in my foolish youth, associated with the radical feminist fringe on the planet Amotseme. I then spent several disollute years partying like there was no tomorrow in the Voiiach system, until I got my head together and went back to school for my degree in Psychotronics. Since then, I have worked tirelessly to bring a smile to the faces of anyone who needs an escape from mundane reality.

The image below does indeed turn me on...

[Linked Image]

...because, again, I have nothing to hide. I am, to use the term coined by the great Sophie B. Hawkins, omnisexual and proud. And so I vow to uphold the egalitarian standards of Legion World while maintaining its GLBTQ-friendliness.

Now, on to weightier topics, such as...

Olives -- au naturale for me.

Stone Age -- did you know that the great voice actor John Stephenson has played Mr. Slate for 50 years?

Canada -- It may have given us Shania Twain, but it also gave us Joni Mitchell.

Plato -- You say Plato, I say Aristotle. Let's call the whole thing off.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 12:52 AM
Daffy Duck-- Sufferin' succatash!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 12:58 AM
confused

It was Sylvester the Cat who said "Sufferin' succotash." And what exactly are you trying to say, Rick?
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 01:01 AM
Rick is hoping to become Legion World's Joe the Plumber.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 01:04 AM
Hey, if it makes him happy...
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 01:10 AM
Well, I had dun used "Yer Dithpicable"

wink

And Daffy was funnier. Look, are you really expecting logic from me?...

rotflmao
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Which of the candidates has a platform closest to Plato's Republic. I'm voting for that.
I have placed a platform shoe on a copy of Plato's Republic. You can't get much closer than that!
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 01:16 AM
Look, are you really expecting logic from me?
No. Next question?
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 01:20 AM
Well, I had dun used "Yer Dithpicable"

wink

And Daffy was funnier. Look, are you really expecting logic from me?...

rotflmao
I'm thinking Loony Tunes logic is about all we can expect.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Jeepers! Why haven't any serious candidates, like Thora, Mayavale, or Giant Robotic Lesbian declared their candidacies?
They're obviously threatened...and they have not even seen who my running mate is.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 01:22 AM
Is Rick gonna start wandering through the forest, singing while he pours ketchup on his head? wink
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 01:23 AM
Start?
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 01:29 AM
Only when ah'm buck nekkid. Most times when I hit tha woods fer work, I just anoint the woods.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 01:39 AM
My respect for Mrs. Rickshaw (already very high) just went up about three notches.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 01:40 AM
yeah, she'z crayzier'n a bedbug, but it'z mah kinda crayzy.
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 03:25 AM
I'm proud to be a Legion Worlder, dang it. It's a place where an average Jo like me can try for a better life, post hard, and rise up in society following in the footsteps of our great heroes.

Candidates, if you're elected, what are you gonna do about them foreigners (they're probably Durlans or Swiss) comin' in with their cheap posts and tryin' to take over our hard-earned places in the Hot 100? (And then they send all our good jokes back to their families on a third-planet message board.)

And a follow-up question: Will your health-care plan cover treatment to help me get rickshaw's dialect outta my head?
Posted By: future king Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 03:34 AM
What the HELL is all this talk about an Avril 2011 Erection Bedate??
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
I'm proud to be a Legion Worlder, dang it. It's a place where an average Jo like me can try for a better life, post hard, and rise up in society following in the footsteps of our great heroes.

Candidates, if you're elected, what are you gonna do about them foreigners (they're probably Durlans or Swiss) comin' in with their cheap posts and tryin' to take over our hard-earned places in the Hot 100? (And then they send all our good jokes back to their families on a third-planet message board.)

And a follow-up question: Will your health-care plan cover treatment to help me get rickshaw's dialect outta my head?
LT, remember that in the Rockhopper administration there will be room for everyone. Even people who don't understand what we're about and post here anyway.

And as fer yer foller-up question. Why would yew wanna rid yerself o'Rick's dialect?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 03:35 AM
I pose LT's questions to my Magic Pancake, then carefully pour on the Magic Syrup. It spells out...

"Answer unclear. Ask again later."
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 03:35 AM
Oh, dear, FK. I'm afraid you're in the wrong thread. You're looking for the "Spel liek Cobatl Kidd thred".
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 03:35 AM
Start a new thread, fk.
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 03:39 AM
[b]Candidates, if you're elected, what are you gonna do about them foreigners (they're probably Durlans or Swiss) comin' in with their cheap posts and tryin' to take over our hard-earned places in the Hot 100? (And then they send all our good jokes back to their families on a third-planet message board.)

LT, remember that in the Rockhopper administration there will be room for everyone. Even people who don't understand what we're about and post here anyway.

And as fer yer foller-up question. Why would yew wanna rid yerself o'Rick's dialect?[/b]
Tell the truth, Mr. Lad. Are you a bleedin'-heart liberal hillbilly?
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 03:47 AM
I transcend such titles as "liberal" or "conservative" or "moderate" or "philatelist". I'm Rockhopper Lad.
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 03:52 AM
Too bad. "Philatelist" would have earned my vote. Stick a stamp on a bunny and I'm yours.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 04:06 AM

Well, being part Durlan myself, I think that there is equal opportunity for everyone...

As far as RIc's accent goes, we'll pay for the first ten seessions of therapy, that should be enough to tell ya that there ain't no hope fer youse.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 04:06 AM
Say whaaaaaat!?!?!?!
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 07:25 AM
Whooa, naw, boyah. Dawn't ewe be a tawkin' bout mah accent. Them thar's fahtin' whuds. Wah, ah never wouhda nevah thawt ewe peepul whuld be mawkin muh akcent.

wink
Posted By: future king Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 10:31 AM
Whooa, naw, boyah. Dawn't ewe be a tawkin' bout mah accent. Them thar's fahtin' whuds. Wah, ah never wouhda nevah thawt ewe peepul whuld be mawkin muh akcent.

wink
Ok enough is enough......
Someone get me a Translator please.
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 02:40 PM
[b] Whooa, naw, boyah. Dawn't ewe be a tawkin' bout mah accent. Them thar's fahtin' whuds. Wah, ah never wouhda nevah thawt ewe peepul whuld be mawkin muh akcent.

wink
Ok enough is enough......
Someone get me a Translator please.[/b]
He said, "Quit it."
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 02:45 PM
Purt muge.

wink
Posted By: Ram Boy Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 08:27 PM
Candidates!

1)what is your signature dish?

2)what is your favorite Beatles song?*

3)what's in it for me?

*RINGO SONGS DO NOT COUNT!
Posted By: Exnihil Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 08:35 PM
Quite honestly, I'm surprised the Señor Widebottom/Tom Fatsi dream ticket hasn't been declared.
Posted By: Jerry Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 09:54 PM
1) What are you going to do about the sleep deficit?

2) What about the national debit?
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Ram Boy:
Candidates!

3)what's in it for me?

1. Royal Doulton with hand-painted periwinkles.

2. "Komm, gib mir deine Hand".

3. We can discuss that privately.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Jerry:

1. Chamomile tea works wonders.

2. I wholeheartedly support the use of debit cards by anyone in the nation.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 11:42 PM
Candidates!

3)what's in it for me?

1) Easy things that taste great. Scrambled eggs with whatever you want in them. Also, fried bacon and onion over cheese ravioli.

2) Revolution

3) Whatever you need, including a statue.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/02/11 11:45 PM

1) Encourage those that are suffering to post more...it helps pass the time.

2) Debit cards using the national reserve sound good to me.
Posted By: future king Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/03/11 01:00 AM
So, do I get free cookies and coffee if I vote?
I only came here for the free cookies and coffee you know! Hmph!!! :rolleyes:
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/03/11 02:55 AM
Candidates!

3)what's in it for me?

1) Petite brunette, usually very smart and feisty with a sense of humor.

2) Huge fan for a long time, but lately "Help!" or "Day in the Life" stand above the rest.

3) Answer to the riddle of the Sphinx.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/03/11 02:57 AM

1) Encourage more masturbation just before bed time. Everyone will be sleeping like a baby.

2) Slowly work off some of it by clever tax and accounting but in the long run not work off too much. Some national debt it good to keep the rest of the world invested in our continued viability. We just need to get it reasonable to assuage the fears of the media (and ipso facto, the public).
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/03/11 03:40 AM
So, do I get free cookies and coffee if I vote?
I only came here for the free cookies and coffee you know! Hmph!!! :rolleyes:
FK, you'll get cookies, coffee and all sorts of other comestibles. If there's one thing we do right at the Rookery, it's serving goodies!
Posted By: future king Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/03/11 11:22 AM
Well that settles it ....count me IN! wink
LOL
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/03/11 12:50 PM
Candidates!

3)what's in it for me?

1) Coq au vin.

2) I Am the Walrus

3) A Julian Cope retrospective
Posted By: Ram Boy Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/03/11 01:08 PM
Contestants Hoping To Win My Vote!,

1)Why does Fanfic Lady's bunny have a pancake on its head?

2)Who's the Sexiest Legion Worlder Alive 2011?

3)Why shouldn't I vote for your opponents?
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/03/11 01:19 PM

1. The bunny wants to have a pancake on his head.

2. Ram Boy, of course. laugh

3. We're cuter, we throw better parties and we have the scantily-clad waitstaff at the Rookery!
Posted By: Jerry Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 03:27 AM
1. How many Legion Worlders does it take to change a light bulb?

2. Do you favor military action to deal with the situation over at the DC Message Boards?

3. If you could bring one banned Legion Worlder back for the finale who would it be and why?
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 03:30 AM

2. Do you favor military action to deal with the situation over at the DC Message Boards?

3. If you could bring one banned Legion Worlder back for the finale who would it be and why?
1. One, a telekinetic!
2. Yes, nuke it!
3. I'm already back!
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 03:34 AM

1) Where else would it have a panccake? Perv... wink

2) Timberwolf, two words...Black Leather.

3) Because then you wouldn't be voting for me.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 03:36 AM

1) three...way, cause that's how Cobie likes it. wink

2) I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It;s the only way to be sure.

3) I only know f one person that this applies to...Bounty threads in every forum!!! (I kid because I care, Steve...)
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 03:37 AM

1. It's an odd form of reverse-psychology for bunnies.
2. When isn't Mllash not the sexiest?
3. Your inner child tells you to vote for me (hands out candy)
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 03:38 AM
Beware of strangers with Candy!
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 03:49 AM
Luckily folks, I am no stranger, and I know tricks with candy.

(Opens candy wrapper. Puts candy in cleavage. Flexes.

Candy flies into her mouth!)

TADA!!!
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 03:51 AM
TaTa TADA!
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 03:54 AM
Open up, Tracker!

(Opens candy wrapper. Puts candy in cleavage. Flexes.

Candy flies into Tracker's mouth!)

TADA!!!
Posted By: Ram Boy Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 03:56 AM
Campaigners,

If your deputy leader should suddenly be possessed by an evil force

<glares at MLLASH>

which causes him/her/MLLASH to run amok through Legion World, wreaking havoc and shaving cats, how will you deal with the situation?
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 03:57 AM
All RIGHT!

...would this be considered a bribe? I won't tell.
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 04:03 AM
Campaigners,

<glares at MLLASH>

which causes him/her/MLLASH to run amok through Legion World, wreaking havoc and shaving cats, how will you deal with the situation?
Well it sounds like to me, that the main priority would be the cats. Nobody is in the mood for bad hair days, especially cats.

Then, I would take him/her/Mllash to Cafe Cramer for some coco, hot coco, for well all know the healing and banishing of evil forces properties that hot coco has.
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 04:04 AM
All RIGHT!

Heavens, no!

(flings another one out)
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 04:06 AM
Campaigners,

<glares at MLLASH>

I'd simply release a bevy of beauties to distract him. That would keep him busy enough to find a cure.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Tempest:
[b]All RIGHT!

Heavens, no!

(flings another one out)[/b]
sigh...this is too easy, so I won't even bother.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 04:13 AM

1. All permutations of that question were answered here!

2. No, I think the best thing everyone can do regarding the DC boards is simply to retcon them out of existence.

3. That entirely depends on what happens in the finale.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 04:15 AM
Campaigners,

<glares at MLLASH>

Fanfie is good, so that would never happen, but if by some fluke it did, I would reason with her, reminding her that she is the fabulous Fanfic Lady and that no evil force could possibly ever triumph over her!
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 04:17 AM
All RIGHT!

Tracker, wait till you see what I can do with candy! wink
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 04:22 AM
1) Which member of the JLA would you say you are the most like?
2) As a representative of business, will your administration grant more contracts?
3) Who would win in this fight: Superman vs. Captain Marvel vs. Captain Atom?
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 04:25 AM
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
2) As a representative of business, will your administration grant more contracts?
1. Black Canary
2. I suppose, why not
3. Three way tie, ending in sexy orgy!
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
1. Superman

2. More than what?

3. I would try to get them to work out their differences with words.
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 04:39 AM

That would never make it direct to DVD.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Tempest:

That would never make it direct to DVD.
No, it would probably win a Nobel Prize instead. wink
Posted By: Ram Boy Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 05:53 AM
Tempest,

Your cleavage is FUN! Is there anything else you can pop out of it?

Other candidates,

Sorry, right now I'm fixated on Tempest's talented twins (because they're FUN!). I'll have to get back to you!
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 06:14 AM
Why, dear, I am so glad you asked that, I have in the past done:

A roll of quarters
A bar of soap
A foot long salami stick
Cordless telephone

AND they can also do this, but don't ask me how.

(take a bottle of beer, sticks it in her cleavage and pops it open)

TADA!!!!

Thirsty?
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 05:19 PM
Candidates

If you are not going to get close to Plato's Republic how close to a Monarchy on Pluto can you get?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 05:26 PM
We'll make Pluto Pup viceroy of his namesake planet.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 07:11 PM
We'll make Pluto committ ritualistic suicide for irony's sake.

Oh, we won't? Er, Dev, maybe you should take these questions. laugh
I'm a bit concerned with the uber-agressive stance that the candidates have taken towards the DCMBs. While I have no problem, in principle, with the complete eradication of other message boards, whether through nuclear bombardment or retconning, it is important to me that such actions not be taken unilaterally, or for the wrong reasons.

So what assurances can the candidates give me that the complete and total annihilation of the DCMBs will only be undertaken for humanitarian purposes, and with the consent and cooperation of the inter-message board community?
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 11:13 PM
Candidates

If you are not going to get close to Plato's Republic how close to a Monarchy on Pluto can you get?
I think Disney might have something to say about that. I don't think we can afford a lawsuit.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 11:16 PM
I'm a bit concerned with the uber-agressive stance that the candidates have taken towards the DCMBs. While I have no problem, in principle, with the complete eradication of other message boards, whether through nuclear bombardment or retconning, it is important to me that such actions not be taken unilaterally, or for the wrong reasons.

So what assurances can the candidates give me that the complete and total annihilation of the DCMBs will only be undertaken for humanitarian purposes, and with the consent and cooperation of the inter-message board community?
I can think of several boards that would gladly join in a coalition against the said DCMB. It's not that I hate the boards there...it's just that they are no fun and while we have saved some from the fate of being stuck there forever...how much longer can the threat they pose be ignored?
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 11:39 PM
After a thousand years of injustice, will Any candidate return Pluto to Planet Status? And if so, who will name me emperor of said planet...?
Posted By: Ram Boy Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 11:43 PM
Vote Seekers!,

Like EDE I too worry about stuff (but without a funny hat on). For instance, I'm currently deeply worried about the scrawny, anemic, (one might say non-existent) pensions that are currently bestowed upon previous esteemed leaders.

How would you address this very pressing matter?
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 11:47 PM
After a thousand years of injustice, will Any candidate return Pluto to Planet Status? And if so, who will name me emperor of said planet...?
I say it is and always has been a planet. You want it...you got it.
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 11:49 PM
You already have Uranus. You need Pluto too?
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 11:49 PM
Vote Seekers!,

Like EDE I too worry about stuff (but without a funny hat on). For instance, I'm currently deeply worried about the scrawny, anemic, (one might say non-existent) pensions that are currently bestowed upon previous esteemed leaders.

I need someone to head up the committee to determine what the current retirement salary should be...as an added all you really have to do is throw some random numbers at me...the rest is easy...relax abnd collect a paycheck.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 11:52 PM
Ah, Uranus. Lovely place. Kinda brown, but, whaddayagonnado? brown round mounds of renown. Slight smell to the place though.

wink
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/05/11 11:55 PM
Candidates,

Imagine this unlikely scenario:

If you had only 3 days to approve Legion World's budget before a worldwide shutdown, would you raise taxes or cut vital programs (such as the pensions of former LMB leaders)?
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 12:02 AM
Ah' say shoot all'a tha polyticians inter oudder space and save evvahbody munney!
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 12:03 AM
Candidates,

Imagine this unlikely scenario:

If you had only 3 days to approve Legion World's budget before a worldwide shutdown, would you raise taxes or cut vital programs (such as the pensions of former LMB leaders)?
I'd have to say a comibination of the two...on an intirem basis.
Posted By: Ram Boy Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 12:11 AM
Potential Potentates!,

Imagine this even BETTER scenario!:

An annual fair, the highlight of which would be a Dunk Legion Tracker In A Tank Of Anti-Crazy Talk Liquid!

Doable?
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 12:12 AM
Very.
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 12:14 AM
Potential Potentates!,

Imagine this even BETTER scenario!:

An annual fair, the highlight of which would be a Dunk Legion Tracker In A Tank Of Anti-Crazy Talk Liquid!

Doable?
Sorry. I'll be on vacation that week.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Dev Em:
[b]Candidates

I think Disney might have something to say about that. I don't think we can afford a lawsuit. [/b]
Disney Schmisney. No one can stop the creation of the Plutopia.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 12:53 AM
If we start throwing Monarchs on Pluto, Mickey is gonna whip out his Mousketools and beat our arses.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 12:56 AM
Imagine a falsetto duet between Mickey Mouse and Mickey Thomas of Starship. eek

Remember, a vote for Rocky/Fanfie ensures that such horrors never become reality.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 12:58 AM
Coming from someone who has posted Lady Gaga pics...just saying... hmmm
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 01:02 AM
Say what you will about Lady Gaga, but she still has better pipes than just about any other white girl currently on the music scene.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 01:05 AM
meh... smile

No sppeal to me...notknocking her really, just have no interest.
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 01:06 AM
Lady Gaga dresses funny
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 01:07 AM
If deputy leader, I promise to conquor the DC message boards with great aggression an use the spoils of war to fix budget problems!

Following that, the planet Uranus shall be awarded to which ever posters vote for us!
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 01:07 AM
Are there other white girls on the music scene?

I mostly am subjected to the same nasal reedy voice as all the disney manufactured stars still in puberty.

It's why I think it should be legal to bomb disney with a talent bomb. It would be out of work in three hours.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 01:08 AM
Its even getting country now, somewhat.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 01:09 AM
Are there other white girls on the music scene?
Here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Bwahahahahahaha!!!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 01:12 AM
Lady Gaga dresses funny
She only does it 'CAUSE SHE'S A FREE BITCH, BABY!!
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 01:13 AM
Yeah...wearing meat is freedom... wink
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 01:14 AM
Or desperate for attention with daddy issues... or on crack.

wink
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 01:25 AM
Her current video has cocaine excess written all over it...and I'm saying that as a concerned fan.

But I try to stay optimistic. Her idol David Bowie bounced back from his crappy cocaine-fueled "plastic soul" phase with his magnficent "Berlin Trilogy."
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 01:27 AM
She's following the formula set up by several "big" stars. Be outrageous, be loud, and be seen. Talent doesn't matter.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 01:29 AM
That sums up Madonna in a nutshell.

Gaga, on the other hand, does have talent. Whether she fulfills her potential or not is too early to tell.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 01:56 AM
I'm with my competitor--Gaga rock and has real talent too!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 02:00 AM
Cobie, if both our parties lose the election, maybe you and I can run together in 2012 on the Little Monsters ticket. wink
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 02:01 AM
naw, she dun give it up fer flashin' creepy coochie.
Posted By: Ram Boy Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 02:55 AM
Electioneers!

Several of the MMBs most prominent posters are currently MISSING from active duty! Among them:

cleome
Outdoor...I forgot
and also some others

Should we send a search party to find them, or just throw party and hope they show up?
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 03:01 AM
Just throw a party and hope they show up. They're both legendary drinkers, so I'm confident they'll come running.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 03:03 AM
I believe everyone is within their right to take an hour break here or there...
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 03:23 AM
I agree that throwing a party is the best strategy. And, of course, the Rookery is legendary for its incredible parties. laugh
Posted By: future king Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 03:37 AM
So I went to the Lady Gaga concert in Toronto the other day.......
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 03:39 AM
It's not gonna work, FK. We've said all that needs to be said about Gaga...

UNTIL THE NEXT SINGLE AND VIDEO!! laugh
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 03:41 AM
So I went to the Lady Gaga concert in Toronto the other day.......
Was she wearing frozen meat?
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
It's not gonna work, FK. We've said all that needs to be said about Gaga...

Way to shoot down the voters... wink
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
[b]It's not gonna work, FK. We've said all that needs to be said about Gaga...

Way to shoot down the voters... wink [/b]
I think the voters will find my candor refreshing. wink
Posted By: Ram Boy Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 04:04 AM
Candidates!

I just received a pm! Here is the full text:

If you vote for us, we will pay you money.
If you vote for them, we will not pay you money.
Also, we think you're attractive and/or funny

Yours Truly,

The Next Leader and Deputy Leader of Legion World
Can you explain this OUTRAGE!
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 04:09 AM
Obviously, it wasn't sent by my campaign, Rammy. We are unambiguous in our belief that you are unquestionably attractive and funny!
I for one am outraged at the blatant attempts to bribe voters!

What has democracy come to when the politicians are offering bribes rather than taking them?
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 04:21 AM
Vote Seekers!,

A Rocky/Fanfie administration would make certain that all former leaders and deputy leaders would have a comfortable pension. After all, we'll need it someday ourselves!
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 07:18 PM
naw, the fat grease had melted all over her and the meat had fallen off. so she was left with standing on the stage lookin' stringy and greasy. Several dogs ran up and tried to bite her.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/06/11 11:30 PM
Wasn't me or Cobie my friend...we wouldn't just post about it...your account would be fatter.
Posted By: future king Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/07/11 01:56 AM
naw, the fat grease had melted all over her and the meat had fallen off. so she was left with standing on the stage lookin' stringy and greasy. Several dogs ran up and tried to bite her.
HEEEEEEEEY! Were you at the concert as well Rick??? Next time say hello ok?
smile
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/07/11 02:03 AM
"I think the voters will find my candor refreshing."

Ain't them buhd's extanked?
Posted By: future king Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/07/11 02:51 AM
Did you JUST discover cut and paste tonight big guy? wink
Posted By: Legion Tracker Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/07/11 04:10 AM
Before tonight he thought it was eat and paste.

;-)
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/07/11 04:15 AM
Redneck tirade coming up in 6...4...3...2...1...
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/07/11 04:41 AM
Candidates: Someone (who may or not be in my employ) offered unlimited barrels of beer and whiskey to citizens who refuse their ballots and riot in the streets because there are no local professional sports teams.

The papers are calling it the Sports BAR Putsch.

This is in contrast to the last week's revolution where someone offered free Yoga Vouchers to the women in the running clinic if they ran in place instead of running in the election, which was aptly named the SPORTS BRA Putsch.

These sports putschists are led by a crazed faction of Philadelphia Sports Fanatics. What do the candidates intend to do about these hooligans and does it involve taxpayer subsidies to build a new stadium for my professional cricket team.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/07/11 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Candidates: Someone (who may or not be in my employ) offered unlimited barrels of beer and whiskey to citizens who refuse their ballots and riot in the streets because there are no local professional sports teams.

The papers are calling it the Sports BAR Putsch.

This is in contrast to the last week's revolution where someone offered free Yoga Vouchers to the women in the running clinic if they ran in place instead of running in the election, which was aptly named the SPORTS BRA Putsch.

These sports putschists are led by a crazed faction of Philadelphia Sports Fanatics. What do the candidates intend to do about these hooligans and does it involve taxpayer subsidies to build a new stadium for my professional cricket team.
I think the most appropriate sports team for Legion World would be an exhibition men's gymnastics team.

After we provide for them, then we'll build your cricket field.
Candidates,

While I'm not saying that I believe that you are in fact a Reptillian shape-shifter from Alpha Draconis, I do find it puzzling that none of you have submitted to the one simple test that will establish once and for all that you are not.

So, will you or will you not volunteer to have one of your limbs chopped off to see if it regenerates, reptillian-style?
Posted By: Ram Boy Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/07/11 10:04 PM
That seems more than reasonable.

Also, I have an axe!
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/07/11 10:07 PM
While I believe it would impede my ability to govern were I to lose a limb, I will be more than willing to have the tip trimmed from one of the claws at the end of my webbed feet (similar to a human's toenail) to show that it would not regenerate any faster than it normally would for any healthy Pyngwyn.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: April 2011 Election Debate Thread - 04/07/11 10:39 PM
"I think the voters will find my candor refreshing."

Ain't them buhd's extanked?
Nope.
© Legion World