Legion World
Posted By: Magnetic Boy Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 04:07 AM
CosmicBoy Lillian CosmicBoy
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 04:12 AM
Marie
Mud
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
Mud
PhantomGirl Grrr, Abin! Play correctly you gawking savage! PhantomGirl
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 06:56 AM
Abin Mud Quank, it sounds like he was named by the Super Hippies...of Space.
PhantomGirl Do you know the story behind Abin Quank, Viv? I'll tell you if you don't.

Also, if you're gonna be up any longer, do you wanna bump up Every Nite Chat Friends and force Actor to post with us? PhantomGirl
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 07:20 AM
I'm on, we can do that, I'm also writing, but I'm here and no he didn't tell me the story behind Abin Quank, of course I haven't been talking to him as much as I have his wife.
Scott

Not kidding. I don't use my first name.
Grava
Originally posted by Comet King:
Grava
PhantomGirl That's a girl's name. PhantomGirl
Posted By: CJ Taylor Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 11:19 AM
John.

Yeah, I know.
Posted By: Harbinger Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 11:27 AM
Belinda, like Scott above I don't use my first name too much.
Posted By: matlock Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 11:45 AM
Edward. The story goes that when my mom was pregnant with me, she heard another woman yelling at her kid in the traditional first name/middle name mode and the name was Matthew Edward. And lo, I had my name. It turns out though, that my paternal grandmother's was Mathilda (the feminine version of Matthew) and my paternal granfather's middle name was Edward. It was coincidental, but still kind of cool.

Long answer for a short question, hmm?
Henry
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 01:21 PM
Tien Pham Vinh ---yeah its long.
Like in all Asian cultures family name goes first. First two is my mom's madien last name, Vinh is my Vietnamese name.
yOU AM SILLY. eVERYONE KNOW bIZARRO nO. 1 MIDDLE NAME AM "nO."
James Herbert.
Desmond

That gives me something in common with Cobie.
My initials are all "C"s.

My middle name is Chandler.
Originally posted by Deathstroke Lad:
Scott

I had a buddy who absolutely hated his first name. Even when he got married, the minister referred to him as "J. David..." (first initial & middle name) during the ceremony. I believe it came as a shock to many of the people in attendance that David was actually his middle name.

He just felt his first name was too common.
Originally posted by Omni Beast:
[b] Scott

I had a buddy who absolutely hated his first name. Even when he got married, the minister referred to him as "J. David..." (first initial & middle name) during the ceremony. I believe it came as a shock to many of the people in attendance that David was actually his middle name.

He just felt his first name was too common. [/b]
Similar story. I had a friend named Manny. Because he was Manny the 3rd, his family called him Dee-Dee (don't ask me why). When he met his bride, he had been toying with changing his name to Eric (with a different last name too) So her family knew him as Eric. It was a little bit confusing at the reception.
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 06:17 PM
I thought this thread was to christen Legion World itself with a middle name. I was going to suggest "Legion Sharritt-Chamberlain World." laugh
lol

My middle name is Joseph. My grandfather was Desmond Joseph, although my father is Desmond Timothy. I will name my first son Desmond Timothy and keep this flip-flopping tradition going.
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 06:31 PM
Does that make you Cobalt Kid the Second?
From what I've been told, you can only be a 'second' if you're father has the same first and middle name.

I've been way to lazy to ever look that up though, even though yahoo.com is my home page! laugh
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 10:43 PM
Actually the term second was only used in the past because they though Senior and Junior was improper. Now, we use Senior, then Junior and after that it's third, fourth and so on.
Posted By: ActorLad Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 10:48 PM
Christopher
Davis. wink
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 10:53 PM
I like the name Davis, you never hear it anymore.
Posted By: Stu Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 11:14 PM
Scott

Why? I think "Garth" is a perfectly fine name! laugh
Posted By: Stu Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 11:15 PM
Scott

Can I take a guess?

I'm thinking your first name is... Stanley! (To be triply alliterative...)
Posted By: Stu Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Mrs C B H.I.V.E.:
Belinda, like Scott above I don't use my first name too much.
I want to guess yours too!

If it starts with a "C"...

Charlotte?

Cecilia?

Charma?
Posted By: Harbinger Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/24/04 11:23 PM
Caron, after Leslie Caron. Though Charma works too lol (if only I could fit into that slinky outfit I would be happy!)
Biaggio. Antonio Biaggio Ferrari. Viva Italia!

It translates into "Blaise" in English. My middle name was the same as my father's first name.
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 09/25/04 02:44 AM
My whole name is very long.

Theresa Marie-Viviane Heilman Dotti Bunkofske-Keller.
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Originally posted by Omni Beast:
[b]
[b] Scott

He just felt his first name was too common. [/b]
Similar story. I had a friend named Manny. Because he was Manny the 3rd, his family called him Dee-Dee (don't ask me why). When he met his bride, he had been toying with changing his name to Eric (with a different last name too) So her family knew him as Eric. It was a little bit confusing at the reception.[/b]
Mine is just simple. I grew up with another of my first name and we both used our middle names so we would know which one of us was being yelled at by our respective mothers. laugh

I really don't have anything against it, just don't like it. Heck, one of my favorite posters and best buddy from Down Under has the same first name.
Originally posted by STU:
[b]Scott

Why? I think "Garth" is a perfectly fine name! laugh [/b]
Don't tempt me. I once thought of changing my name to Garth Ranzz, to have something different. But my little brother and I are the last of the Sharritts (or Sharit as my grandfather spelled it).
George
Posted By: SharkLad Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 08/08/11 03:16 PM
Anthony
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 08/08/11 05:38 PM
Sex! laugh
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

My middle name is Joseph. My grandfather was Desmond Joseph, although my father is Desmond Timothy. I will name my first son Desmond Timothy and keep this flip-flopping tradition going.
hmmm
Lana, keeping with my family's obsession with 21st century legends.
Bryce, the Welsh version of the Scottish "Bruce", meaning ruddy.

Me last name is Rumsey, the Welsh version of the Scottish "Ramsey", a place name meaning Ram's Isle.

Me first name is Shannon, the Irish version of the Scottish "Shane", meaning strength and courage or "old, wise one" depending on whom you believe; also an Irish place name.

PhantomLad

Paul McCartney's middle name is Paul.
Posted By: Exnihil Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 08/08/11 08:30 PM
Alfred.

<Legion World purses their collective lips, trying desperately not to snicker.>

It's OK... go ahead...

"BWAH-HA-HA!"
Of course, Alfred Pennyworth is easily the coolest character in the entire Batman mythos*, so sharing his name is kind of cool!

*Seriously, everyone always focuses on the incredible stuff Batman does, but the really extraordinary thing is how this one guy manages to keep Stately Wayne Manor running all by himself! I would think it would require at minimum a staff of half a dozen! Plus he's always out rescuing Batman when he's injured and stuff!
Alfred is a cool character, made even more so by Michael Caine.
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
[b]

hmmm [/b]
The tradition continues!
I don't have a middle name.
Maybe you guys could choose one for me??
Alvin?

Simon?
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 08/09/11 05:49 PM
Lynn.

I actually like it better than my first name, but never got into that thing where you use your first name's first initial, then the middle name in full. I always figured the people who did that genuinely hated their first names. I don't hate mine, but it is ridiculously common.

shrug
Dennis.

At one point in my teens, I wanted to be known by my initials, G.D. -- until someone pointed out that it stood for "God damn".

shocked
In the Philippines we often answer that question with our mother's maiden name. My "real" middle name is always grouped with my first name... making it a real chore to fill out forms tongue

It's Miguel, even though I don't have an ounce of Spanish or Latino blood in my veins.
Originally posted by future king:
I don't have a middle name.
Maybe you guys could choose one for me??
I can't believe you actually left us this opening....future FUBAR king!

;-p
If fk doesn't like my Chipmunks suggestion, how about future rot-flam-mow king?
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:
If fk doesn't like my Chipmunks suggestion, how about future rot-flam-mow king?
hey wait no, I didn't get a chance to answer yet.
I love either Simon or Alvin! smile
I would want both of them and then my full name would sort of be the Chipmunks intro but reversed:

" Ladies and gentlemen, presenting ... Th______,and Alvin, Simon".
lol
I Like it I like it a lot.
Posted By: .. Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 08/14/11 10:27 PM
My middle name is my father's first...Gordon
Posted By: Pov Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 08/14/11 11:37 PM
Originally posted by dedman:
My middle name is my father's first..
nod What Ded sed smile
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 08/15/11 12:56 AM
James.
It's a mystery. And we all know how I feel about mysteries. wink
Posted By: Pov Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 08/15/11 02:59 AM
rotflmao
Posted By: .. Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 08/15/11 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
It's a mystery. And we all know how I feel about mysteries. wink
Come on rocky....spoil it for us lol
Calvin
Originally posted by HighPriestessViviane:
Actually the term second was only used in the past because they though Senior and Junior was improper. Now, we use Senior, then Junior and after that it's third, fourth and so on.
that s correct as you can see my initials on my screen name - mddJR..... my middle name....oh lord I never really like that name but thinking it s appropriate when I was younger and a brat - thus earning the nickname - "Dennis the Menace"....so yeah mine is Dennis. *sigh* :rolleyes:
My middle name is boring. I'd like it to be something like Jocasta or Moonbeam.
Your middle name can be ANYTHING you want it to be!!! laugh
Originally posted by future king:
Your middle name can be ANYTHING you want it to be!!! laugh
Okay, mine's Quislet. I love that name.

Truth be told, my middle name is not Oliver or Oscar, but it does begin with an O.
Posted By: .. Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 08/16/11 01:19 AM
Orville?
OhmyGod??
tongue
Oren?
Oddball? heh. sorry wink however if it does make you feel better - how about Ozymandias, the smartest guy in the world? smile

Seriously - Ozzy? Osborne? Obama? Oriole? Ostrich? Orion!!!

Orion!! right?
Posted By: Exnihil Re: Legion World, What's YOUR Middle Name? - 08/16/11 02:17 PM
Odysseus?
Oingo-Boingo??
Oswald!
While I really like Oriole and Oingo-Boingo, He Who's guess came closest.

It's Owen.
"Owen" is an old Welch expression which means "desire born"! smile
Good on ya bro!!! laugh
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
While I really like Oriole and Oingo-Boingo, He Who's guess came closest.

It's Owen.
What do I win? laugh wink
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
[b]While I really like Oriole and Oingo-Boingo, He Who's guess came closest.

It's Owen.
What do I win? laugh wink [/b]
How about the first episode of "Owen Marshall, Counselor at Law" on VHS?
;-)
Oh you are so generous!!!
© Legion World