Legion World
Posted By: Director Lad San Diego Comi-Con International 2017! - 06/27/11 06:52 PM
We're just over three weeks from this year's San Diego show. Who all is going to be there? Let's get a head count going!

I'll be there!
I wish I could be. frown
I won't be there. wink
Man I wish I could go to that one day! frown
Just out of college, I attended the 2nd Annual San Diego Comic Con in 1970 (I think that's right). Mostly, just a couple hundred guys sitting around with their collections spread out on folding tables, buying/selling/trading with each other.

There was a guy there selling his COMPLETE collection of the Herbie series (Forbidden Worlds/American Comics), A-1 condition, sealed in plastic, which I foolishly passed up.

I would love to see the flash and sizzle it has become now. Maybe someday.
I'm in again this year, but I think it's probably the last one for me.

Though I like hooking up w/fellow LWers, SD is just too much of a madhouse. Hopefully going forward we can find an alternative gathering spot (there was some talk about a big get together for 2013?).
Ya'll come down south, y'heah?
God I would love to go so much. Meeting you guys and Nei... but I won't be able to.
I'll be there... looking forward to hanging with my LW homies...
Comicon has posted the exhibitors list and table assignments: Comicon Exhibitors List
See anyone familiar on the fan tables list?
That is awesome, we're on par with famous fangroups! I see Sakura-Con mentioned and lots of anime exhibitors, wish I could go.
Legion World was assured a spot last year because of some mix ups.

But Nightcrawler has said above that he won't be at the con. So will Legion World be a no-show for the con too?
It's a winky 'I won't be there'.

I think he'll be there.

... and Peebs will be too!

laugh
Since I won't be there I sure hope those that do go will take some pictures to share with the rest of us on here!
Sorry, that was a winky-I-won't-be-there. I will be! Legion World will have a table at San Diego Comic Con each year going forward!

Each year will be giving out cool goodies and hopefully, everyone can stop by and hang out and enjoy the serenity of the San Diego Comic Con at least once. smile

Our ten-year anniversary is 2013, so please save up for that one!

No more stickers...one of the freebies we'll be having is this image as a pin -

[Linked Image]

I went with the retro L, since DC does a more modern version.
Beautiful!

Can't wait to hang with everybody again!
I look forward to images! I will be there in spirit (of space)!
And more pins provided to the CC masses...

[Linked Image]

click to enlarge

These were given out by me with Christmas cards last year and will be in more limited supplies than the L.
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I look forward to images! I will be there in spirit (of space)!
I'll take lots of photos of peeps in costumes ....

I can't wait to see what the big exhibits are this year. Hopefully something besides the Avengers movie.
Guys, since I can't be there, I want to make a suggestion for an artist you can see.

Nei Ruffino. She's a colorist who works for DC and Zenescope. She did the coloring for the cover of Legion of 3 Worlds #5, both of them.

You can find her prices and examples of her artwork here on DeviantArt.

http://bakanekonei.deviantart.com/

And, if you guys do decide to see her, tell her "Jude sent me". She's a friend, and if I can send business her way, I will.
i will not be able to attend SDCC since I ll be in Miami, Fla for the class reunion. At least I ll run into a friend who introducted me to the Legion. smile
The schedules are up!

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci11_countdown.php
Another freebie we'll be handing out...

click to enlarge
...Oh God I wish I could go.
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:

click to enlarge
SWEET @$$ SWEET! cheers
Not to diminish this year's free stuff, but next year (and probably hereafter), we'll have a certain silicone something that goes on your finger and a foam upside down rocket-like object.

Couldn't find the right manufacturer until it was too late for it this year. frown

And lastly for 2011, we'll be giving out Legion World stress balls -

[Linked Image]

(If I get them on time, we'll also have 50th Anniversary booklets, which I'll show here after the Con.)

click to enlarge
j'adore j'adore j'adore!!!
laugh

Yeah, cons and stress balls do kind of go together.

Sorry I can't join you all.
I wish I had the money to fly you and the gang here.

About the images - those are the mock-ups.

They look better in person.
Awesome swag, Nighty!

One more week... whoo-hoo! I can't wait to see you all.
Nighty, can I share these freebies on Facebook?
I wish I had the money to fly you and the gang here.

About the images - those are the mock-ups.

They look better in person.
Post lots of updates and pics and we'll call it even.

hug
So wish I could be there to hang out. I don't see it happening any time soon though.

Have fun and take lots of pictures.
Nighty, can I share these freebies on Facebook?
Of course!
YAY!!! Doing so shortly--!
Seriously awesome, Nighty!

Can not wait!
And here's what I have in hand thus far -

click to enlarge

Still waiting for the L pins and the booklets (which I just yesterday paid extra to get upgraded to ship 3 day express sigh ).
Coolness!

I know that black ball is a stress ball, but seeing it in the pic it looks like a magic 8-ball.

I just started snickering, imagining the Legion having novelty 8-balls made to give to applicants where no matter how you shake it, it reads, "Rejected!" lol
Oh. That would be EPIC. The "Legion Tryout Magic (Interlac for 8) Ball"... rotflmao
For the Magic Legion Try-out ball, the answers should vary but always end up with not getting accepted.

For example:

Great power but it shortens your life - Rejected

We already have someone with that power - Rejected

That's not a useful power - Rejected

You are too old - Rejected

We just don't like you - Rejected

We'd love to have you on the team, but we have reached our membership limit due to the tax laws - Rejected
lol

You didn't bare enough boob/leg/midriff - Rejected
We have been infiltrated and overtaken by super villains. You are not evil enough. - Rejected
(It happens)
It's not you, it's us - Rejected

You're a wonderful person, and you deserve better - Rejected

We're just at different places in our lives - Rejected
Go try out for the Subs or SP-- REJECTED
The swag images I have posted seem to be a hit on the FB page!!

Be sure to snap lots of pics of the folks who drop by-- we have a whole "Legion World at SDCC" photo album that needs some love! smile
LOL

Originally posted by Pov:
Go try out for the Subs or SP-- REJECTED
'Guard - Takron Galtos'

heh heh
And here's what I have in hand thus far -

click to enlarge

Still waiting for the L pins and the booklets (which I just yesterday paid extra to get upgraded to ship 3 day express sigh ).
I just thought of something for the Chameleon Boy bag. A word balloon saying "Little do they suspect the bag is... me, Chameleon Boy!"
^ rotflmao Nice, Quis!
Nighty, all that stuff is amazing. I so wish I could be there this year. I don't know when I'll get out again.

Have a great time, everyone!
I'm looking forward to seeing those who will be there, but I know I'll also miss those who won't.
man i wish i could make it out there this year. gonna try to shoot for 2012,..if not come hell or high water i will be there for 2013!!
hey NIghty, when you get the booklets in, can you post an image for me to put on Facebook?

The FB crowd that can't make SDCC wants us at Wizard World and Wondercon now! smile Coolness!
I wish I could go to the big ball.
I MAY actually be able to go this year, since I'm in California for my job.
hey NIghty, when you get the booklets in, can you post an image for me to put on Facebook?

The FB crowd that can't make SDCC wants us at Wizard World and Wondercon now! smile Coolness!
That's great, but SDCC will be breaking my bank as it is. Although, I deputize any LWers who may be interested in a table at those Cons.
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
I MAY actually be able to go this year, since I'm in California for my job.
Paulo, let me know if you need to get a ticket. I can get one more pass for $145.
[b]I MAY actually be able to go this year, since I'm in California for my job.
Paulo, let me know if you need to get a ticket. I can get one more pass for $145. [/b]
Thanks, Gary! I'll message you early next week. Hopefully I can get time off, though as of now it looks like I'll only have Sunday frown
[b]
[b]I MAY actually be able to go this year, since I'm in California for my job.
Paulo, let me know if you need to get a ticket. I can get one more pass for $145. [/b]
Thanks, Gary! I'll message you early next week. Hopefully I can get time off, though as of now it looks like I'll only have Sunday frown [/b]
Sent you a PM, Gary! Things look hazy, so I'll have to skip on the pass frown I'll definitely only be able to go on either Saturday or Sunday. Thanks for the offer though. I really hope nothing comes up, would love to meet all of you in Real Life!
So, of the people going, who has tix for preview night? I don't. Anyone interested in meeting up for dinner Wednesday night?
I don't get in until around 9pm on Wednesday...
I have a ticket for preview night so I'm going down Wednesday, not sure what time I'll make it.
And the rest...

click to enlarge
GASP! That looks awesome-- the Facebook fanboys will go nuts!!
Those are 8 page books (including cover pages) detailing the back stories of all of the 50th Anniversary Legion-related people seen on the cover.

Also, Kabir and I just previewed the floor and saw Legion Lost get a wall panel at the DC Booth. Hopefully, that'll translate into DC Legion-related freebies too.
Have fun, guys! Whack a Twilight fan (or two) for me!! hammer
Also, Kabir and I just previewed the floor and saw Legion Lost get a wall panel at the DC Booth. Hopefully, that'll translate into DC Legion-related freebies too.
I wouldn't hold my breath.
Everything looks great, Nightcrawler. Nice work.
Broadcasting Live from Comic-Con.

Sorry about the ads. Pleae ignore them.
Broadcasting Live from Comic-Con.
<waves to the screen> Hi, Nighty! Huh... what do you mean they can't see me, too?

Originally posted by SharkLad:
I don't get in until around 9pm on Wednesday...
Hee, hee... I beat Sharky to the hotel... and I totally call the better bed by the window. You snooze, you lose, Sharky. evil laugh
Monkey Eater will report for duty!
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
Nice to see you here again, even if it's just for the occassion. hug
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
Looking forward to it!
Badge acquired and checked into my hotel. Now, need dinner!
Have fun everyone. Looks like it will be a great time!
jealous of all that are there because I want to be there! Have a great time and tell us what DC freebies are out there that you get!
Comicon International 2011 update: Pbs made it, hung out with Nighty, got a stress ball (which is awesome) and buttons, and a Cham bag to carry it all in (which is also awesome).

Passed by the Regal Beagle (!!!) on the way back to my hotel, that has an awesome bar with a live band that plays 'the girl from ipanema' but calls it 'the girl from west covina' LOL.
Man, that's going to be so much fun. Enjoy, and take pics for us!

My extremely cool aunt and uncle are going, so I asked them to drop by the booth for me. I feel like a greedy kid. Can't wait for 2013!
Keep us updated! Have a blast! Someone get blackout drunk on night one!
Day 1 from my side:

- Jet-lagged Sharky didn't notice my snoring (!)

- Legion World table is awesome (as always, thanks to Nighty)

- Panels w/Grant Morrison (hilarious), Roy Thomas, Paul Levitz, and the first of four "Relaunch" panels w/Didio (exhausting). The latter did feature a couple of pages from the new Legion title... looks great.

- Randomly met a shaved headed Judd Winick.

- Met Legion World poster, veryvery, from the "Super Future Friends" podcast who gave me a cool Lana Lang sketch and, if all goes well, will be joining us when we get together for the group dinner.

- Had a smaller dinner tonight w/ Sharky and Peebs (martini for me, beer for Peebs, and water for Sharky - got to keep those gills hydrated, you know).

- Filled a bunch of gaps in the comic collection (including the first Legion origin issue)

- Walked a TON (according to the pedometer - 9 1/2 miles... those feet are killing me)

- Director Lad has the board's coolest facial hair... bar none!

- Can't wait until tomorrow! smile
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Keep us updated! Have a blast! Someone get blackout drunk on night one!
And someone stay whiteout sober to report on all the events!

Have fun, all you lucky participants. Wish I could have joined you.
no blackout drunkeness yet.

Yesterday was fun, I waited in line for Sarah Michelle Geller's panel for 2 hours only to make it half way through the line.

I at first saw a line with about 25 people in it, and was like oh that's short ... i'll leisurely east my sandwich. Turns out that line was for the deaf and disabled. (not the dimwits like me)

I finally found my proper line .... which was endless. It was by far the longest line i have ever even seen, it ran way out past the convention center out into the harbor! (then i ran with my food in my hands to the end of the line ... it was kinda like LOTR)

So, there were some warning signs .... as the people in front of me were in line for something at 530 and the panel i wanted to make was at 145 ...

not only did this line go out to the harbor, once we reached the convention center again, the line stretched all the way up and down the convention center (which is many blocks long) TWICE.

I did stick it out until about 245 just for the total experience. (hysterical laughing at the ridiculousness, anger, frustration, hysterical laughter again, sadness over never being able to see the SMG)

Then I walked around a bit more, (saw Xander from Buffy, and a couple actors from Star Trek Voyager) Went to a roy thomas panel, sat through a Mad Magazine panel which was pretty good actually, and then there was a Paul Levitz panel with a good Legion World representation. It was partly moderated by Marv Wolfman but he didnt talk about his own work. It was mostly about Paul's career and start in comics way back when.

i haven't had time to shop yet for comics, or get much freebies. I will though!!!

The highlight so far has been hanging out with other Legion Worlders. We need more get togethers!

I seem to have caught Shark Lad and Exnihil's jet lag since I woke up at 6 am. (or maybe I'm just too excited for comic con)

It's already been madness at the convention, i can not imagine how it will be once saturday comes.
so PB, were all the pens confiscated from the people waiting in line?
Exnihil brought me an invaluable vinyl record of the Legion of Super-Heroes song "The Great Name Dropper yesterday!

Thanks again Ex!
Stopped by the table dressed as Admiral Akbar, this afternoon to bring Nighty and Mogli a belated Christmas card I found on my desk recent. The schwag is j'amazing, well done!.
Day 2 from my side:

- More subdued; less walking - only 7 1/2 miles today!

- Did a little celeb sighting. Talked to a couple former contestants from the Amazing Race (never know when inside info might come in handy wink )

- Got a very special photo for a certain Buck Rogers fan on this board... posting to follow Monday

- Went to an Alan Davis panel; nice fellow - very forthcoming

- Cheaply filled some more holes in the collection, including one of my long sought after issues, "The Superman Super-Spectacular!" This is the infamous issue in which Supes reveals his secret identity to JFK... but had the misfortune of being published shortly after JFK had been shot.

- Went to lunch with Sharky and Peebs, then wandered around a bit with the two outside of the Convention. We went to Seaport Village for some great photo ops.

- Caught up with Jeff Moy and comissioned a sketch of Ayla Ranzz (complete with "Moy Tongue"). In talking with Moy, he told me that he and his brother Phillip are going to be handling the art chores on a six issue miniseries from IDW starting in OCT: A Legion of Superheroes/Star Trek crossover!

- Saw the new DC animated film, "Batman: Year One". Fairly faithful adaptation but a bit "meh" on the action quotient as a result.

- Looking forward to tomorrow... a Deepak Chopra/Grant Morrison panel... mind blown!
Monkey Eater has arrived and will be signing at the booth for the next hour.
Yesterday, I was wiped out but here's the summary of the panels I went to :

There are some morsels I picked up from the DC 52 Panel.

I 'm too tired to write everything out in a digested form but here are some tidbits. (soem may call them spoilers)

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Power Girl will be in Mr. Terrific. No issue numbers were given though, or what form she would be in. I think they actually said Karen Star not 'PG'. </span></span>

Wonder Woman
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">may not be single shrug </span></span>

Superman <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">dosn't have Lois yet, they said the fact that Clark dosn't have Lois is critical to the character's motivation and complexity</span></span>

Titans
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">No Wally, No Donna ... It's not looking good for the Titans</span></span>

Gay characters
Batwoman is a lesbian, Apollo and Midnighter are a gay couple, and Voodoo will be bisexual. But I wonder how much airtime the apollo midnighter relationship will get … or if it will just be their prior relationship. Published under a previous line.

They aren't creating any new characters now, they are waiting to see how these characters do.

No JSA for now, they're taking a rest.

In general it seems like they want to change the energy of their line, start fresh but, they said most of the existing story lines happened (such as the killing joke, Doomsday) and they said to trust Gail Simone's story for Barbara Gordon.

Aquaman's supposed to be more of a badass.

Batgirl
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Stephanie Brown will be in gotham ... in some form, whatever that means. </span></span>

--------------------------------------------------

X-Men Panel (X Line Panel)

The X-Men schism story concludes in october, as does the avenger's children's crusade, as does fear itself.

so DC in September and Marvel in October.

The schism story divides the mutants via
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">team cyclops and team wolverine. </span></span>

and it looks like somebody dies
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">cyclops. but i don't know for 100%. they said he might not be around or something several times</span></span>

after october starts 'X-Men Regenesis event'. with two camps of muties.

so they're trying to say that the new dichodomy is cyclops and wolvie instead of prof x and magneto but they havent said exactly what the schism is over. what their arguments may be.

personally i think

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">jean comes back through hope or something</span></span>

OH and a big thing, i'm kinda thinking is a non event
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">frackers are ending uncanny x-men after all this time and starting at uncanny x-men #1 after their petty schism event. </span></span>

UNCANY X-FORCE got a lot of cheers.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">seems like some or a lot of characters are coming over from the age of apocalypse dimension (specifically nighty seems to be the crowds supposition) (and sounds like jean too?) and the age of apocalypse may be an ongoing thing ... there's also gonna be some new horsemen of the apocalypse</span></span>

X-Factor is going to have some big changes after these storylines concludes <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">i think if mutants arise again and have powers maybe their mission changes?</span></span>

Ritor
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">about x-factor 230 rahne gives birth and there's a shocking death.

Rictor's powers are indeed back permanently ... i was afraid it was a dream or hoax but it will be issue 225 before the x-factor plot catches up with avengers childrens crusade</span></span>

There's also going to be a 20th anniversary recolored release of x-men #1. which sold 8.2 million copies they said ... and boasted that nothing in september will sell that. that's what they said. It's the top selling comic of all time. i bought it.

(i also dropped the x-men i had been reading since i was five a few issues after X-Men #1 when chris claremont left... and it sounds like he was pushed out .. which led to my quitting comics for many years in the 90s) but you know. shrug

Deadpool
there's going to be an evil deadpool which is the combination of all the body parts he's lost over the years. he has two right hands. (im not making this up)

More Uncanny X-force:

They may be taking Betsy back to otherworld soon. The writer chooses for her not to be telekinetic or have all her other crazy powers. And more Rahne Rictor Shatterstar love triangle.

Cable is also dead still.

Runaways as a title is resting now but some characters may pop up here and there.

after October the X-Men/Muties/X-Books will have a much larger role in the Marvel Universe ... but they've been forshadowing that.

And the biggest news to me:

DAKEN is pronouced DAHKEN. not DAYKEN. weird.
double post. bad internet.
Last Night:

Sharky and I were waiting in the very long line to get into the hall to watch the premiere of Batman Year One. When .... an angel comes over us and says she has two reentry tickets to the hall, she was in there before and they gave her reentry tickets and we could have them.

It took us a moment to understand just what she was saying ...

and then we were like "YESSSS!!!"

so we've got two tickets to the hall, but there's three of us including EX ... so we thought only two of us could get in but .... we were waiting in the 'reentry' line ... and there was some drama about them changing their mind about letting in the people with reentry tickets again, and finally they said 'ok, reentry tickets can go back in' and everyone rushed the door. .... and Pbs (without a ticket) .... snuck in behind EX and Sharky as everyone was rushing through the door.

... and we got awesome seats because the hall was basically empty as they hadn't started letting people in yet.

The movie was pretty good too. wink
Today, I woke up late, couldn't find parking, stopped by the table, slaughtered Mandalorians by the thousands, stalked Marina Sirtis, took lots of pictures of people in costume, went shopping for comics with EX and Sharky, went to an LGBT in comics panel, had dinner with the amazing Legion Worlders.

Tomorrow's the last day. frown
Day 3 from my side:

- Walking diminished again, but by a less noticible factor - down to "just" 7 miles.

- Went to an amazing panel with Deepak Chopra and Grant Morrison discussing the spiritual element of the comic hero... sort of modern reenvisioning of mythological stories. At the tail end Chopra led the audience in a heart chakra meditation where we envisioned our inner hero and attemped to actualize it in the world. It may sound offbeat, but it was very moving.

- Stood in line w/Sharky for a "Community" panel for TWO HOURS... after which we did not get in. No foul, though, it was a very pleasant wait next to the harbor, and was really nice to spend some time actually getting some fresh air.

- A little more wandering the floor. Picked up my Jeff Moy sketch of Ayla... so cute. smile

- Spent a lot more time at the LW table today pressing the flesh.

- Took tons of photos and quite a bit of video for a side venture... more on which later.

- And wrapped up the day with my favorite part, the LW dinner. In attendence were myself, Sharky, Peebs, Nighty, Mowgli, Monkey-Eater Lad, Director Lad, and Nighty's charming friend Mathilda... who was kind enough to act as our group photographer.

- I head out tomorrow, but the rest of the gang should have some more tidbits. Thanks to evryone for such a wonderful time, and especially Nighty, who made sure our representation there was both positive and smooth. LLLW!
Glad to hear so much fun was had! Wish I could of joined y'all. Hopefully I'll be able to for 2012!
Sunday was a blur, I think everyone was tired, I didn't really take notes on the panels so my memory is hazy.

CBR has the panels covered pretty well though.

I went to a Marvel panel ... I think the entire panel was hung over, the moderator had a raspy voice and was holding onto the podium for dear life.

One thing about Hulk :

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">He will eb split from Banner (again) but this time Hulk will have to leave his idyllic life in the savage land to stop an evil Banner. </span></span>

Other than that there is a major character returning out of Fear Itselfs ending. I think they said this person was powerless and the entire Marvel U is going to be after them. shrug

here's an article of the Marvel Panel:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33530

and more in depth:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33529

They announced a New Defenders title with Red She Hulk, Dr Strange, Iron Fist, Silver Surfer, and Namor, and they said some others but didnt say who.

I like Jennifer Walters as She Hulk personally, anyway, we are supposed to learn why Iron Fist's costume is white, and get to see Dr Strange do martial arts and all the other stuff he can do besides magic.

and they have this whole thing about recovering the hammers from Fear Itself, everybody wants one, I guess Valkyrie plays a big role.

Niko of the Runaways may be returning in a new Marvel Title.

After, I went to a panel on the DCU Costumes.

the iamges can be seen here:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33553&ref=nf

I like some fo them like Batgirl and Superboy but, some don't seem very new, and some seem very 90s ... (looking at you bart)

anyway Supergirl
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Is going to have slightly different powers from Superman and is going to be on the run the isntant she hits the planet</span></span>

not sure about her lack of knee pads costume, but it seems inspired by her long sleeve costume she wore in the legion and anything beats that bare midriff one.

Many of the images in the article aren't the final ones, I prefer the Wonder Girl designs to what we're getting. and Black Canary's is different too. Harley Quinn's costume got boos.

I really like this sketch of Mon-El and Ultra Boy's new(ish) costumes.

After that panel, was a DC 52 panel which got some very aggressive questions from the audience about the lack of diversity in the new 52. Other than that I don't think anything new was offered.

Barbara Gordon will be younger, but still brilliant, and here history will be dealt with over time. Gail Simone was on the panel.

Firestorm
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">It seems like Firestorm is some sort of global (defense) weapon, so i'm not sure if there a dozons of Firestorms or just a few but, there's definatley more than one, and the main character of the book is a young guy. </span></span>

Here's a far better article of the DC52 panel than the story i'm telling. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33532

The Flash
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">and Iris Allen aren't married (I think he's dating someone else) but this is a young flash and he has lots of time to get together with Iris. </span></span>

also Stormwatch's Apollo and Midnighter
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">are still gay but haven't fallen in love yet, so there will be some dating and romance as they get together</span></span>

After that, we just hung out and walked around the floor one more time. and I drove the long way back to reality. laugh
Originally posted by ActorLad:
Glad to hear so much fun was had! Wish I could of joined y'all. Hopefully I'll be able to for 2012!
You and me both, ActorLad!

Thanks for the news and recaps, everyone. Can't wait to see pictures!
Red Robin by Francis Manapul

[Linked Image]

Well worth the two hour wait...
Unpinning thread now. If you'd like the thread to be re-pinned, please PM me or another MMB mod. Thanks.
Re-Pinned.

Legion World will continue to have a table at San Diego Comic Con each year including 2012 and the infamous 2013!

Each year, we will be giving out cool goodies. Hopefully, everyone can stop by and hang out and enjoy the serenity of the San Diego Comic Con.

Our ten-year anniversary is 2013, so please save up for that one!

This year and in 2013 (save up!), we'll be handing out these -

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

- as well as several other cool items (some from last year, some new).

It'd be nice to have as many members attend as possible. I've had to "hire" volunteers from my work this year to man the table which is all kinds of sad and it would be more pathetic to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Legion World without any LWers in attendance except me and Kabir.
Anyone that is going to be there willing to get something for me (actually a gift for my daughter)?

Money to be sent before or after...up to you.
Hey Dev, let me know what it is and we'll see what we can do. Is it an exclusive?
Yeah.

It's the Tiny Titans set in the link here:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.2012_SDCC_products

If you can, that would be beyond awesome. If you can't...no worries.
I'll be there both years. Hopefully that doesn't scare too many others away. lol
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
Yeah.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.2012_SDCC_products

Ah, Mattel exclusives. I'll see what I can do.

And looking forward to seeing you Chuck! (Your PMs are full)
Should be room now.
Mucho appreciated Nighty.
Cosmic Boy is providing these flags for the table this year - click to enlarge

Stop by the table to get yours!
Tits!
Yeah.

Kabir was able to purchase a set for us to pick up at the Con. We're good to go.
click to enlarge

Any Legion Worlders that at least stop by the fan table will get a rocket this year.*

*These will only be given out to people who mention seeing them here.
WHOA. THOSE ARE AWESOME!

Kudos, Nighty. You think of the best giveaways!
Three weeks to go! Who's going to be there beside me and Nighty?
Still waiting for the rings that should have arrived on the 20th. frown
I won't mention the rockets but can I post the flag to our Facebook page?
[b]Yeah.

Kabir was able to purchase a set for us to pick up at the Con. We're good to go.[/b]
Thanks. PM me the mailing info for the money, and how much I owe you total.
Originally posted by Director Lad:
Three weeks to go! Who's going to be there beside me and Nighty?
Me.
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:
I won't mention the rockets but can I post the flag to our Facebook page?
You can post both if you want. Let them know they have to mention seeing them to get one at the table. The goal is to not give them out to the freebie-grabbing, not caring crowd, but instead to the fans. Lauren, our table keeper is working on adding doors to them.

Thanks. PM me the mailing info for the money, and how much I owe you total.
I'll let you know after I have them in hand and ready to ship.
Excellent, will do!
Thanks Nighty.
I so want to go! Arggh!
I so want you to be there.
Finally got the rings today.

click to enlarge click to enlarge

Sorry, it's hard to see the details.
Here's a preview of what the fan table (MZ-24) may look like this year -

click to enlarge click to enlarge

While going through the stuff I had for the table, I found the original of this photo -

click to enlarge

I know it's too late for 2012, but I'd really love to recreate this group with twice as many for our 10 year anniversary. It would be so nice to have actual Legion World members be at the table and sharing the experience again. Maybe Jeff Moy, John Byrne and Judd Winnick would stop by again as well.

Unfortunately L.E.G.I.O.N. John won't be among us, but it would be so nice to remember him and Arthur and Steve and all the people we've lost as well.
Wow, what an amazing job. You've really outdone yourself this year. I'm sorry I'm going to miss it.
Again, I want to be there! Thanks Nightcrawler, i am trying to get a friend who is going to go visit but for all the trips she has been there she's never found the mezzanine. Strange but true.
Just a couple more days! Can't wait!
On my way! Posting from the airport!
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
On my way! Posting from the airport!
Sweet!
If anyone's a Star Trek TNG fan ...

The poster and post cards look SWEET ASS SWEET!!!

http://www.startrek.com/article/a-trek-centric-guide-to-san-diego-comic-con-2012
However, why no prints of Deanna, Bev, or Tasha?!?!
They'd make really cool pop art silhuettes !!

(who cares about Riker)
Okay, I'm here in San Diego, I haven't contacted Nighty or Director Lad yet but the day's still young.
Welcome Chuck! Good to know you got here safely. Let me know if you need anything.

Kabir and I still have many chores to do before we head down to the Convention Center for the remainder of the day.
click to enlarge

Wish you were here.
I wish I was too. frown
Very cool, Nighty!

Hopefully you get less competition from the "Army of Toy Soldiers" than we did from the Madalorians. smile
Are Chris and Amanda here on LW.net??
Are Chris and Amanda here on LW.net??
No. Amanda and I work at Qualcomm and Chris is her fiance. They along with Lauren (and maybe Lauren's husband Jake) are my LW stand ins to help man the table.
Ah, thanks!
Are you planning to come to Comic-Con 2013?

Our list so far:

Nightcrawler
Mogli
Abin Quank
Director Lad
Lauren Lass
Amanda Girl

If you are planning to (it is a year away and anything can happen, but if you want to try and come), please say Yes to be added to this running list.

Thanks
Blaze and I will try to save up for it. It's a long shot, but we'll discuss smile Right now though, Blaze is looking at quite a few expenses over the next year.
Cool. We will include you and Blaze in the running list.
Thanks, would be awesome to meet you all!
Monkey-Eater Lad is in for 2013.

Our running list is now up to 9:

Nightcrawler
Mogli
Abin Quank
Director Lad
Lauren Lass
Amanda Girl
Invisible Brainiac
Blaze
Monkey-Eater Lad
One of these years I will make it..and be dragging a certain Bug lovin friend with me.
Wish more than anything I was there everyone, hoping I can make it for 2013!
Dev-Em and Actorlad it would be awesome to have you both here in 2013. You have been added to the running list.
Much as I hope I'll be able to come next year, if I get into grad school I will likely be in classes during the 2013 con.
Hope you can do both! Its been great seeing you here. Will keep you in our list for now.
We're signed up for the table next year and the management wants to give us a bigger table than the standard size. So hopefully we can get more people to help fill it up.
Our 2013 target list just got cooler.

Anything can happen in a year, but barring unforeseen circumstances, MLLASH is our newest target attendee for Comic-Con 2013.

Our list so far [10 & counting]

Nightcrawler
Mogli
Abin Quank
Director Lad
Lauren Lass
Amanda Girl
Invisible Brainiac
Blaze
Monkey-Eater Lad
MLLASH
With that announcement, I am in. No way I would miss that!
Mark Waid and his wife stopped by today and was really complimentary towards the site and the fact that we are keeping Legion fandom alive here and on Facebook.

He really loved the rockets and the rings. smile
SWEET!!!!
Originally posted by rtvu2:
With that announcement, I am in. No way I would miss that!
Cool. Will add you to our target list. 366 days to go for comic-con 2013 (July 17-21, 2013).

Registration begins in August. Will send a reminder to everyone.
I took some videos from the table as I couldn't get the webcam to provide live coverage on my new laptop.

I'll post them when I get the time and will try to fix that issue for next year's Con.

Some great reasons to gather at the San Diego Comic-Con for next year (and the years to come) -

• An opportunity to meet me and many other great Legion World members
  • A chance to help out with the table and meet other Legion fans
  • A chance to meet creators and get sketches and autographs
  • If enough of us come and want to participate, we could organize a panel (which could help get some badges)
  • Downtown San Diego becomes a comic book paradise even without a badge - shops and parking lots are taken over by everyone from Archie comics to CNET to the SyFy channel
  • Free stuff! Including all of our table giveaways!
  • Dinners and meet ups with the gang from Legion World!
I love the panel idea!
Especially if we had some sort of project attached to it.

hmm.... how about a fan-produced book? can we find a fresh angle that Glen Cadigan or others haven't done?

It could promote LW, and LSH fandom in general. It could be done by one of the print-by-demand vanity press companies.
Good idea. No one has really done a "Who's Who" type thing of just Legion members in awhile. I'm thinking along the lines of the AMAZING WORLD OF DC COMICS #9 , but updated to the present time.
I like! opportunity for our artists to draw, and our writers to do up some bios.

Collectables for ourselves, and for fandom in general!
Love your enthusiasm! We totally need that for comic-con 2013. I am taking the liberty of adding you to our target list.

Here is our latest list:

Nightcrawler
Mogli
Abin Quank
Director Lad
Lauren Lass
Amanda Girl
Invisible Brainiac
Blaze
Monkey-Eater Lad
MLLASH
rtvu2
Kent Shakespeare
Mark Waid and his wife stopped by today and was really complimentary towards the site and the fact that we are keeping Legion fandom alive here and on Facebook.

That is so cool! Mark Waid wrote some of my favorite

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">and my least favorite *ahem* the Threeboot </span></span>

Legion comics ever so to know he supports this site is awesome. And those rings and especially the rockets really are great. I wish I could make it over there to pick one up.
Originally posted by mogli:
Love your enthusiasm! We totally need that for comic-con 2013. I am taking the liberty of adding you to our target list.

Here is our latest list:

Nightcrawler
Mogli
Abin Quank
Director Lad
Lauren Lass
Amanda Girl
Invisible Brainiac
Blaze
Monkey-Eater Lad
MLLASH
rtvu2
Kent Shakespeare
Yes, I am giving serious thought to doing both Chi and San D.

It would probably take something like this book project and
the panel to get me inside the con itself, though.
It looks like at this point I'm going to San Diego in 2013. And it also appears like I will be flying, so I'm going to need you all to talk me off the ledge before I get on that airplane. I'm not kidding when I say I would be LESS afraid of being robbed at gunpoint.

Also, it should be noted that I still plan to hit the Chicago gathering in 2013. More than likely by "mega-bus" which will be much less terrifying for me. Unless no one picks me up at the bus station.

Your old buddy MLLASH may not travel much but once he does, he goes all-out with it!
Have a cocktail at the airport to calm the nerves before getting on the flight. Not enough to get you drunk. Just enough to relax. Get some head phones and chill music to take your mind away during the flight. I usually take Stevie Wonder or light jazz. Then, just get your butt on the plane and go with the flow. You'll do just fine...
...and remind yourself that flying is still incredibly safer than driving. The worst part is the hassles at the airport and weather delays. The actual flight is quite enjoyable.
Love flying. If anyone wants to spring for a ticket...I could be there. wink
Lashie, flying, as FC notes, is just aout the safest mde of transit. The fear comes from the perception of not being in control, I think, nor even knowing the pilots. But those pilotsare we-trained, much more than even the most aredevil of racecar drivers, and have done so much flying they knowall the ins and outs. Even if it is your first flight, it may well be their 10,000th.

For what it is worth, my. Very firs flight was to san d, at age17, and i was scared, too. Have at drink or two, try to relax, try to strike up a conversation with whomever you are sitting near, and load your mp3player with calm but pleasant music.
Dev, if i win the lottery...
All right! Mechana has just become the latest person to be added to our target list for comic-con 2013.

With MLLASH getting on a plane to San Diego for the first time, comic-con 2013 officially has momentum!
here's my dirty little secret... I actually have flown 2 times previously in my life. Both times were to Florida and both flights were only an hour so I didn't have time to get too scared and nervous before it was time to land.

What really freaked me out is, that second trip to Fort Lauderdale? It was on ValueJet in the mid-90s when my then-boyfirend and I were going to the Bahamas.

One year to the day later, that same flight to Fort Lauderdale crashed in the Florida everglades. No survivors, many bodies never found. ValueJet went out of business shortly thereafter as I recall. Dave and I were both freaked by that back then. I've been a road-tripper only ever since.

Then a few years later, along came 9/11, reinforcing my growing fear of flying.

So this will be a pretty big deal for me. I am looking at it as a conquering of fear as well as a gathering of good friends who *need* to meet!
If Chicago was before San D, i would join you and sit next to you on the flight.
Info about the crash I spoke of.

It may not have been the exact plane we took, but there's a good chance it was. But the date of it and it being the same company is still fright-worthy.
Ummm...this is your dirty little secret? I was thinkin it woulda been more juicy.

Glad you're alright though, but flying is safe.
Well I thought it might be considered a little dirty since I'm so anti-airplanes people might be shocked to know I have flown before. smile
I was hoping for something more along the lines of...

...as is well-known I prefer doodling girls.
here's my dirty little secret... I actually have flown 2 times previously in my life. Both times were to Florida and both flights were only an hour so I didn't have time to get too scared and nervous before it was time to land.

What really freaked me out is, that second trip to Fort Lauderdale? It was on ValueJet in the mid-90s when my then-boyfirend and I were going to the Bahamas.

One year to the day later, that same flight to Fort Lauderdale crashed in the Florida everglades. No survivors, many bodies never found. ValueJet went out of business shortly thereafter as I recall. Dave and I were both freaked by that back then. I've been a road-tripper only ever since.

Then a few years later, along came 9/11, reinforcing my growing fear of flying.

So this will be a pretty big deal for me. I am looking at it as a conquering of fear as well as a gathering of good friends who *need* to meet!
Back in 1988, just weeks before my father was going to fly to Poland with my niece, the Lockerbie bombing occurred. I am not sure if he was booked on the same airline or not. My sister-in-law was extremely nervous about letting her daughter fly so soon after the bombing. Dad was "If it's going to happen, it'll happen. Can't let that stop us." Apprehensively, my sister-in-law let my niece go.

Score! Woohoo! Well-deserved recognition smile
Lash, I know statistics and stuff don't always help soothe nerves, but -

http://suite101.com/article/airline-safety-a129826
http://www.executivetravelmagazine.com/articles/why-airplanes-are-safe

Airplane crashes are less frequent than car crashes, even controlling for the fact that there are more cars and land vehicles. Of course, airplane accidents usually affect more people and are bigger when they do happen, but... they don't happen as often smile

And if it helps, you can always focus on the cute flight attendants wink
Quislet, Jerry, and He Who Wanders, are the latest to be added to our target list coming to San Diego for our 10 Year Anniversary of Legionworld.

Here is our list so far:

Nightcrawler
Mogli
Abin Quank
Director Lad
Lauren Lass
Amanda Girl
Invisible Brainiac
Blaze
Monkey-Eater Lad
MLLASH
rtvu2
Kent Shakespeare
Mechana
Quislet, Esq
Jerry
He Who Wanders
All right! Fat Cramer has just joined the list!
Just to be clear. I am a tentative.
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
Just to be clear. I am a tentative.
Everybody's tentative at this point. smile

Over lunch today with both Kabir and Matilda, we decided to plan dinner activities and things outside of the Con. We are going to have a tenth anniversary cake made and we'll have it either on Thursday or Friday night of that weekend.
I plan on being in Chicago at least for a day. Really wish I could afford to get out to see you guys, but it is 99% doubtful at this point.
Oh, very cool!

I like the idea of pre-planning a few things. Not at the expense of spontenaity and serendipity, of course, but a few things to structure schedules around is not a bad thing at all.

Once i have a firmer sense of my own plans, i have a few ideas i might propose (and take on organizer duties for).

Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
[b]Just to be clear. I am a tentative.
Everybody's tentative at this point. smile

Over lunch today with both Kabir and Matilda, we decided to plan dinner activities and things outside of the Con. We are going to have a tenth anniversary cake made and we'll have it either on Thursday or Friday night of that weekend.[/b]
Awesome! Cobalt Kid has just been added to our target list.
2013 is a rare year where the Conn dates don't conflict with my annual family vacation, so I'm going to do everything I can to get out there! FYI, for NYC people, Jet Blue direct flights from JFK to San Diego are pretty efficient.

I really am amped up to go to the Con to visit Artist's Alley and the independent publishers booths (like Drawn & Quarterly, or Archaea).

But really, I want to be part of the official 10 year LW anniversary. My goal is to get at least three Princess Leia's to visit the LW table.
If I make it out there, I'm going to wear a "Bring Back Lyle Norg" t-shirt.
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
If I make it out there, I'm going to wear a "Bring Back Lyle Norg" t-shirt.
that's a rather transparent ploy...
Since we're talking about flights we were on that later crashed, I was on one of the 9-11 routes.

But probably living in Manhattan is more dangerous, and I do that every day.
Pre-planning events is great. Just keep Thursday night free; that's usually the night of W00tstock and that's become a must-see event for me at the con. Again, assuming that I'll be able to make it at all.

UPDATED: Preregistration for 2012 attendees was today and I bit the bullet and registered. I have four single-day badges which, based on this year, should be converted to a four-day badge before the con. Now I just need to determine whether I'm actually available that weekend.
If I can get a pass than I am in. It's just become more real. Anybody have advice on where to stay? I don't think I mind paying more to be closer to the con or at least a short ride on the train.
Throw me on the list too, depending on if I can get a ticket.
Haven't been here much, so I dare anyone to remember who I am, but I will be attending Comic-con in 2013... Contemplating cosplay in Rokk's classic 70s disco bustier, just need to find someone to make it for me laugh ...
rokk steady, Of course we remember you. You're the guy who owes me a hndred dollars! wink

It is always good to see you here.
<ulp!>
The check is in the mail!
Quis will forgive your debt, if you post pics of yourself in the Cosmic Boy bustier!
If I ever don a Cosmic Boy bustier, a pic will most definitely be posted here, haha, I promise!

I won't promise, however, that you won't go blind viewing it.
In terms of dates, it's looking good for my ability to attend the con (in other words, I don't have classes that weekend). Once we start getting closer, I'll definitely be interested in splitting hotel costs with someone or someones.
Happy New Year everyone!! Its officially 2013 and now our countdown begins for our 10 year anniversary gathering at Comic-Con 2013!!

With Dave Hackett, rokk steady and Director Lad recently confirmed, here is our latest list so far:

Nightcrawler
Mogli
Abin Quank
Director Lad
Lauren Lass
Amanda Girl
Invisible Brainiac
Blaze
Monkey-Eater Lad
MLLASH
rtvu2
Kent Shakespeare
Mechana
Quislet, Esq
Jerry
He Who Wanders
Fat Cramer
Cobalt Kid
Dave Hackett
rokk steady

Quick News: Our Fan Table is confirmed! We have a great spot on the mezzanine floor.

Counting down to July 18!
Don't want to be a downer, but work schedules mean that Blaze and I will be highly unlikely to attend frown

ah well... planning ahead for the 15th year anniv tongue
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
Good idea. No one has really done a "Who's Who" type thing of just Legion members in awhile. I'm thinking along the lines of the AMAZING WORLD OF DC COMICS #9 , but updated to the present time.
Originally Posted by Kent Shakespeare
I like! opportunity for our artists to draw, and our writers to do up some bios.

Collectables for ourselves, and for fandom in general!

Artists and writers are needed to help with this project. Please help! I actually think it would be best to do an all-Legion version of the DC Comics Encyclopedia, but with current bios and fan art....the Legion Encyclopedia! I'll be the editor and bring it all together. And I guess I could "steal" from the Legion Wiki, but it would be nice for the fans here to participate and we'd need it all to be an overview of each character and not a step-by-step of every adventure they've had. Not to mention it would be a cool showcase for the artists here.
I'm totally willing to help with writing bios.
Thanks Eryk! I've started a thread here to get us started.
Wow - ten years!...*TEN YEARS!!* I will actually be in California in June too - sorry to miss it, but I hope y'all have fun!

I'd like to pitch in some art for the Encyclopedia - if you're asking for current bios, I assume all artwork will have to be of New52 versions of the LSH? (that does make sense, after all...)
So who all got badges?
Yikes, I only got Thursday and Sunday back in the first pre-registration ticket sale, and got nothing in last Saturday's ticket sale... I have a friend who works for Stan Lee's company and have gotten 4-day passes from this connection in the past, hopefully I can talk him into it again!
Well, I missed the first round of hotel reservations. We'll see what happens with the second round.
The room I got assigned is more expensive AND further away than the one I booked myself. Guess I won't be responding to THAT offer.
I just learned that my paper got accepted for the Comic Arts Conference, so I will be there.
Cheap Hostel lodgings (this is the closest and cheapest I could find. Get 'em quick!

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/RK-Buckner-hostel/San-Diego/74326#availability
Countdown is on folks. Can't wait to get back to Cali.
I might be in SoCal around that time. If so, I'll try to pop down and socialize.
New Tickets released. Go. NOW!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06...m_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
Who's going this year that can do me a huge favor...

There is a figure set there that I need to get my grubby hands on. Info if anyone is willing.

Will pay for the item and shipping costs...Nighty hooked me up last year, and he can vouch that I followed through.
Dev, let me know what you need and we'll see if we can get it for you.

I totally spaced on the Mattel pre-order. frown
Comic-Con is coming up (so is our 10 year anniversary on the 4th)!

Here's a sneek peak at what our table may look like -
click to enlarge
Is that yellow thing in the middle a backpack or satchel of some sort?
Thanks Nighty. It's the

ALIEN REACTION FIGURE 2 PACK - “DISCOVERED SALES SAMPLES” - BIG CHAP & KANE

Info here. Super 7's booth #5245 $40 dollars.

http://www.figures.com/forums/news/...eaction-2-pack.html#.Uc9xKT7DF3w.twitter
Thanks! I'll do my best.

And SS, it's a Messenger Bag.
Thank you so much for trying Nighty.
One week and I'll gearing up for Preview Night. Let's rock this thing!
Man, now I really wish I could go. I'd like to hit the Legion table, as well as IDW, since they will have....

Berke Breathed.

OPUS!
I doubt I'll ever be in San Diego, much less attend Comic Con! frown
I know Batista and the Moys will be there. Any other Legion artists?
When you get there, check with the various company booths to see who's signing. Many have printed schedules; DC usually has video monitors with the schedule. Sometimes you can find them in odd places; one year Andy Lanning had a booth in artist alley and pointed me to Dan Abnett, who was hanging out at a small publisher's booth.
Two days!
Yeah, I remember all of that from last time, but I'm also deciding on what to pack for possible signings and planning my attack route for sketches.
Hi everyone,

Day 1 of Comic-Con 2013 begins in less than an hour. I just posted a few images here:

http://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=780279#Post780279

http://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=780280#Post780280

Cheers,
mogli
Our fan table is right by the escalators on the mezzanine level.

To commemorate our 10th anniversary, we are planning a group dinner (with an anniversary cake) on Friday night. If you are here, let us know to get added.

See you on Friday!

You'll see me first thing tomorrow! Table looks great and I love the new backdrop materials. Is it just me or are our neighbors encroaching with their backdrops?
Awesome! See you tomorrow!

In the meantime, for everyone curious about the DC Booth, here is a picture of the Exhibit Floor with the DC Booth in the far right corner, minutes before the opening of Preview Night.

Attached picture IMG_3557.jpg
Now reporting to you live from the Legion World table on the Mezz at SDCC. Looking forward to seeing some Legionnaires!
Just had a visit from Rokk Steady!
sweet!
There seems to be a lot of walking going on ....
Originally Posted by Director Lad
You'll see me first thing tomorrow! Table looks great and I love the new backdrop materials. Is it just me or are our neighbors encroaching with their backdrops?

DESTROY THEM!!!!
is that Queen Elizabeth the 1st??

Kill the zombie!!!!!!!
Some of the largest crowds yet...and its only Thursday.

Attached picture IMG_3571.jpg
Teen Titans on the lawns of the Hilton...

Attached picture IMG_3570.jpg
The gang from the Big Bang Theory featured at the WB Booth...

Attached picture IMG_3568.jpg
Did any of you get to see the developers of Rome:Total War II? They are giving out t-shirts to those who complete a battle.
Thanks for sharing the pics, Mogli! Maaaaaaaan, it lookslike so much fun.

Originally Posted by Power Boy
sweet!
Originally Posted by Director Lad

DESTROY THEM!!!!
is that Queen Elizabeth the 1st??

Kill the zombie!!!!!!!

Gee Peebz, you sure aren't enthusiastic about this! tongue
Thanks Emily! We will check it out!
Day 3 -

Attached picture 7-19-13.jpg
yay!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Paladin

Didn't you also think that about meet a Legion Worlder I Real Life?
So, who has the tables on either side of Legion World?
pale comparisons at best. mere pretenders.
Originally Posted by Quislet, Esq
Originally Posted by Paladin

Didn't you also think that about meet a Legion Worlder I Real Life?

Touché, my friend! smile
Originally Posted by Quislet, Esq
So, who has the tables on either side of Legion World?

SCA Iron Brigade on one side. A medieval recreation group...the ones who stage fights outside. Kinda in the Mandalorian/Toy Soldiers camp as far as neighborliness goes.

On the other is a Robotech fan club. Much nicer, although they both have little sense in boundaries.

We're going to ask for the wall that you are usually staring at for next year. Less space behind the table, but the areas are spread apart more and more defined.
I want to thank all of those who attended the anniversary party tonight...Director Lad, Dave Hackett, mogli, Lauren Lass, Amanda Girl, Chris Kid and Mati-Eater Lass.

click to enlarge
Originally Posted by mogli
Teen Titans on the lawns of the Hilton...

Hey K, hook me up with the Beast Boy and my soul is yours... wink
Day 4 -

Attached picture 7-20-13.jpg
More pictures from last night's 10th Anniversary Celebration...Happy 10th Everyone!!!

Attached picture IMG_3597 (2).jpg
No Comic-Con is complete without some photos of live-action characters!

Attached picture IMG_3585.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3584.jpg
Time for a non-sequitur - Tom Cruise showed up at the WB Booth today...the photo is a bit blurry but i needed to get the hell out of their before being trampled by the fans.

Attached picture IMG_3602.jpg
Awesome! It's a good pic considering all the dodging I'm sure you had to do, and it's recognizably him too.
Thanks for sharing pics of the booth and the dinners smile You guys rock!
Day 5 (Last one :() -

Attached picture 7-21-13.jpg
Good night everybody! Here's a group photo for our 10th Anniversary to wrap things up!!

Attached picture IMG_3616.jpg
:like:!
No Comic-Con is complete without some photos of live-action characters!

The cos play is always my favorite part! That Mockingbird is really good and quite current!

Yellow Jacket looks a bit lecherous ... which fits the era!
Sharing in case someone here is a fan: http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-...ctually-be-bryan-cranston-215813113.html
Home safe and sound. Had a great time can't wait to get back in another few years. Pics up on Facebook over the next few days.
The 2014 San Diego Comic-Con is coming up on July 23rd.

Here's a look at the new freebies for this year -

click to enlarge
Wow, those look great, Nighty! Thanks for all the hard work.
Anyone who wanted to buy a ticket to Comic-Con this year (2014), but was unable to, please send me a PM.
Last call! I need to submit the names to Comic-Con.

I'll do that tomorrow night. So, please let me know if you are interested. I believe the badges cost $200 each.

The point of them is to get more representation from our group. It's a shame to let them go to waste.
One of the people who accepted the badges has backed out. I can let Comic-Con re-gift that code if anyone here is interested.

Anyone of our world travelers want to make the trip this year? According to Mati, the cost is actually $176 for 4 days.

Anyone?

click to enlarge
I wish frown

Anybody want to try and score me a Hasbro exclusive Might Muggs ROM?? I'll pay cost and shipping smile
Originally Posted by Pov
I wish frown

Anybody want to try and score me a Hasbro exclusive Might Muggs ROM?? I'll pay cost and shipping smile

I'm going to try for something at Hasbro this year and will grab one (if they are available...some things sell out on Preview Night.)

Also, the offer for an extra badge has ended, my old comic book shop manager (she quit a year ago - which is why I get my comics from DCBS now) took the code.
Thanks, boss... just the effort is appreciated. smile I see Hasbro has two different Guardians o/t Galaxy boxsets, 6" Marvel Legends and 3 3/4" figs with the Gauntlet, but whoa, nelly, @$100 and $70 per?!?! eek

Glad you were able to unload the badge. And how are you liking DCBS? I think I just talked a FB friend into ordering with them... he has an LCBS but has problems getting indys there. Hard to believe I've been with them for 11 years now...! shocked
Other than having to wait the extra week for my books (I have them on the weekly shipping option), it's been good.

All the good San Diego shops have closed. frown
Wow, that looks fun! I wish I was there. frown
I hope we're going to meet up or something this year! smile
Of course! smile
Below are some pics from this year's Comic-Con so far.

Description: Day 0 - Tuesday @ Comic-Con 2014 - One day before Preview night
Attached picture IMG_5005.jpg

Description: Legionworld Table
Attached picture IMG_4976.jpg

Description: Legionworld Table after Gary got done with it.
Attached picture IMG_5017.jpg

Description: WB Bag 2014 :)
Attached picture IMG_4977.jpg
Some more pics smile

Description: Hall H line before all the crowds slept there over-night
Attached picture IMG_4982.jpg

Description: Sci-Fi Channel's Ascention takes over Mary Jane's diner
Attached picture IMG_5022.jpg

Description: The Hilton Hotel becomes Terminus - For Walking Dead Fans :)
Attached picture IMG_5006.jpg

Description: Gotham skyline comes to the Hilton lawns.
Attached picture IMG_5026.jpg
Day 1 (Preview Night) and Day 2 (Thursday) pics smile

Description: Star War Rebels
Attached picture IMG_5019.jpg

Description: Darth Vader and his Storm Troopers
Attached picture IMG_5031.jpg

Description: Starman and Hawk Girl
Attached picture IMG_5036.jpg

Description: Superman and Crew
Attached picture IMG_5037.jpg

Description: Darth Vader Mobile at LEGO
Attached picture IMG_5042.jpg
Originally Posted by Pov
I wish frown

Got it today.
Pics fro Days 3 and 4 of Comic-Con 2014

Description: Beth won a Kindle Fire HD!
Attached picture IMG_5067.jpg

Description: Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde
Attached picture IMG_5075.jpg

Description: White Cloth wearing people from The Leftovers (HBO)
Attached picture IMG_5070.jpg

Description: Multiple Marge Simpson look-alikes
Attached picture IMG_5069.jpg

Description: Beth wins again!!!
Attached picture IMG_5076.jpg

Description: Movie Make-Up Magic
Attached picture IMG_5079.jpg

Description: Talk about the most thoughtful engagement ring...one of the visitors to our table had it!
Attached picture IMG_5056.jpg

Description: Cast of the Walking Dead
Attached picture IMG_5059.jpg
One more while crossing the street on Day 4

Attached picture IMG_5078.jpg
Originally Posted by Pov
I wish frown

Got it today.

Ooh, Awesome, message me G! smile
Beth wins again

What, were they just throwing stuff at her for being so CUTE? Like beads at Mardi Gras?? wink (And is your Manhunter shirt an actual shirt, or did you have it made somewhere?? I've never seen it before...)
Yes, people just gave me things for being adorable. True story. (Actual true story: I asked questions at some panels and they gave out thank-you prizes. The first was from comiXology who just got bought by Amazon; the second was the prize I picked out of a grab bag.)

The Manhunter shirt was given to me by Marc Andreyko in 2007. The book had just been saved from cancellation by fans, so he had the shirts made from some cover art to give out as a thank-you. I was at the DC area talking Steve Wacker's ear off when he came by, and I was like, "OMG, I LOVE YOUR BOOK *SWOON*!" and he happened to have a few shirts left and gave me one. The only thing was that the shirt was like XXL or something, so I used it as pajamas on that trip (I'd forgotten mine) and then cut it up to wear the following year when we had the table for the first time. So there - that's the long answer you didn't ask for. wink
But much appreciated, Beth! That's awesome! laugh I'm a bit jealous! I did my part to save Manhunter, toooo! I recognized the art featured as actual cover artwork, but I didn't know that about Marc having them made up and giving them away... So cool. smile
Beth, is your love affair with Geoff Johns still going strong? Does he remember you?

I remember when we sat at the Geoff panel in '08 and you walked up to the podium to ask your question--after talking to Geoff like 4 times already at the Con--and he goes "Hi Beth!". It was like you guys were best friends!
Originally Posted by Pov
But much appreciated, Beth! That's awesome! laugh I'm a bit jealous! I did my part to save Manhunter, toooo! I recognized the art featured as actual cover artwork, but I didn't know that about Marc having them made up and giving them away... So cool. smile
It's all about being in the right place at the right time - obviously! wink It also turned out that my cousin is friends with Marc but I didn't find that out until a year or two later.

Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid
Beth, is your love affair with Geoff Johns still going strong? Does he remember you?
I didn't see him at all this convention! I attended a lot more panels about female characters and writing this time around. Plus, the DC booth was crazy - they had a bunch of artist decorated cowls for Batman's 75th b-day and it was overrun! But I have to admit I have less love overall for DC thanks to the New 52/superheroes have only been around for 5 years thing. Although Geoff is still cute! (I saw a clip of him talking about the new Flash show on TV the other day. grin)
My friends Marlon and Stan were so stoked to stop by the table to meet you guys! Saw them yesterday and they went on about how cool everyone was... and they gave me some LW swag!

Thanks again Gary for helping Stan out with his ticket!
So, tell Auntie Anita which Legionworlders attended this year?
Did anyone take a group shot?
I was there! With Mowgli Boy and Nightcrawler. Monkey-Eater Lad said hey but I missed him. frown Sadly, that may have been everyone from LW....
rokk steady stopped by several times. A few in costume.

Several people from the Facebook page as well.

No group shots. We need an actual group. frown
sigh frown I want to say "One day", but I have to settle for "Never say never..." frown SO want to meet you and K, boss... Beth and MEL, of course!... I hate my body... mad
Even though it's tough for me to go, I love seeing the pictures every year (and I still regret not making the trip that year I was in LA! tsk, shouldn't have worried about the money, but oh well).

Thanks for keeping the faith year after year, Nighty, mogli and gang.
Looks like February 21st is the day for general registration. Is anyone else joining in the annual bloodbath to get badges? smile
This year's fanzine is already on the stands...

Attached picture fanzine8a.jpg
Looks awesome, Gary! smile
Thanks!
I won't make it this year, and probably not next year, but I will DEFINITELY be there for the Legion's 60th Anniversary in 2018.

We're supposed to book hotel rooms a full year in advance, right?
I wish I could make it out there again this year. sigh
I think they do a discount for hotels through Comic_Con, but I'm not sure when that takes place. I'll try to keep an eye out for the notice and post it when it happens the next two years.
Thanks, Nighty.
They look great on the rack Nighty. I like the Adventure #346 in the background, so you can see that the cover of the Special is another angle of that.
My first issue, front and center. Looks great!
That's awesome, Gary.
Originally Posted by Fanfic Lady
I won't make it this year, and probably not next year, but I will DEFINITELY be there for the Legion's 60th Anniversary in 2018.

60th in 2018!!!! Ok that's a goal for me
Thanks, Andy, I look forward to meeting you, too.
Hopefully I can swing by for a post-graduation trip. smile
That would be great, Kappa. What a way to celebrate two milestones at once.
Looks awesome Gary! Wish I could make it but I may just have to shoot for the 60th myself as well. Make it a ten year anniversary since my last visit.
Year after year I'm impressed with how Gary keeps the Legion World brand going online and offline! Thanks, Nighty!
That fanzine is sweet!

I am done with my annoying whining about not being able to go wink I'll see you all in person when I see you. You all have a rocking good time, whoever is going!
Now if we can only figure out how we can get tickets for 2018...

I'm going to start the process to get an academic pass - I've already written on comic books academically and by then I'll have more written - but I heard it takes a year to process

If anyone has any other pathways to Comic Con tix...
We'll still be doing this in 2018, so all are welcome.

As for tickets, maybe we can beg and get the ten extra passes (which still had to be paid for) that I got for our 10th Anniversary in 2013. But, I encourage everyone to get into the system and try cause having a pass one year gives early access to the next year and two opportunities to get tickets. Please don't rely on me to get the passes as I can't guarantee anything.
Yaysies!
We're also going to be giving out these post cards this year -

Attached picture postcard-front.png
Oh...very nice. very nice indeed.
sweet
Looking good there!
Posted By: ActorLad Who all is going to be at SDCC'16? - 07/16/16 01:11 AM
I am! For the first time since '09! Who else is gonna be there?

Forgive me if there's already a meet-up topic about it. I'm not here as often as I used to be.
So other that Nighty & I who else is going?
No free wfi, $80 a day like at Wonder Con, so we won' t be streaming this year. frown Sorry!
$80 a day?!?! Whoa
Gary, be sure to post pics on LWFB!!
No free wfi, $80 a day like at Wonder Con, so we won' t be streaming this year. frown Sorry!

Wow, that's straight robbery! Are they even charging con goers as well? mad
I've been peeping the con through periscope ... looks like it's as packed as ever
TONS of movie and toy stuff
(Way more than even the last time I was there in 2008)
Gah! I'm so sad that I'm missing the Aliens 30th anniversary panel! cry
Day 1 Photos

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Day 1 Photos (Continued)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Ahhh Legion World ... makes me proud to be a citizen !
Great pictures
I have been using persicope to peep in on SDCC ... I will say I'm thankful there's not a smell feature on it
LOL

But it looks MASSIVE this year
I like the display. Good job!
More photos from SDCC 2016

Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg
Attached picture 4.jpg
Attached picture 5.jpg
Attached picture 6.jpg
Attached picture 7.jpg
Attached picture 8.jpg
More photos

Attached picture 9.jpg
Attached picture 10.jpg
Attached picture 11.jpg
Attached picture 12.jpg
Attached picture 13.jpg
Attached picture 14.jpg
Attached picture 15.jpg
Attached picture 16.jpg
Some more

Attached picture 17.jpg
Attached picture 18.jpg
Attached picture 19.jpg
Attached picture 20.jpg
Attached picture 21.jpg
Attached picture 22.jpg
Attached picture 23.jpg
Attached picture 24.jpg
And this completes the set of photos of SDCC 2016.

Attached picture 25.jpg
Attached picture 26.jpg
Attached picture 28.jpg
Attached picture 30.jpg
Attached picture 27.jpg
[Linked Image]

Slaveguy Leo... lol
Got home from SD late last night. The con went way too fast. It was great to see Kabir & Gary again. It would of been nice if more of us had been there but I still had a ton of fun.
I just got approved for "creative professional" status for SDCC 2017. I don't even know what that means! But I'm so excited I feel like I'm in a 1980s music video. With big hair!
Congrats, whatever it means Andy!
Professional-status folks have a different ticket purchasing opportunity - so here's hoping I get a ticket
Has everyone that been before enjoyed the convention? I have heard from the organizer of another popular convention that San Diego Comic-con is "too crowded". I have thought about attending but unsure if I would like it.

I liked Wizard Con in Chicago, but it would have been better with friends. I wouldn't mind organizing a Mid-West LW Meet-Up somewhere if anyone is interested.
I haven't been to Wizard Con. I've gone to NYCC a few times - I generally buy an extra ticket to bring a friend (who is usually a casual comic reader) because I find the cons to be more fun with a friend

I've only been to SDCC once and I was blown away. This was 2007 or 8 and it was just a ton of fun, parties and cruising. I loved that the SD restaurants and bars embraced the SDCC attendees so vigorously. Since then, I haven't been back but I'm looking forward to going this year!

My favorite con has been Flame Con - the LGBTQ comic con that happens in Brooklyn. It's small, you get to chat with folks and find new comics that you might not find otherwise.
Comic-Con is really crowded, but that's part of the fun.

Hope you can make it Andy! Definitely let us know and be sure to stop by/hang out at the table and come for any dinners that we have.
Hmm, I will definitely consider it then for this year (if tickets are not sold out). Is it a generally a week?
Con runs Wed to Sunday. It's big and crowded, but that's a plus for me. If you are going to do a Con, do the biggest, loudest, craziest one there is.

(That said it's likely not until at least 2018 until I'm back).
Comic-Con is really crowded, but that's part of the fun.

Hope you can make it Andy! Definitely let us know and be sure to stop by/hang out at the table and come for any dinners that we have.

fingers crossed that the pro-badge makes me a contender for a ticket!
Legion-wise Mike Grell and Joe Staton have been confirmed as special guests so far (meaning they'll have panels/signings of some sort).
This year's anniversary booklet is hot off the presses and ready to be given out at San Diego Comic-Con 2017!

Attached picture fanzine9a.jpg
Looks amazing, Gary! Wish I could be there this year. frown
Me too. Next year is the Legion's 60th and our 15th, so please try to make it then!
Trying to swing the family trip for next year. Here's hoping!
*fingers crossed*
yow! next year is 10 years already?!?
Time flies.

the spirit is almost willing (I am leery given how fast things book up anymore).
not sure about the budget yet.
Hoping you can make it, Sean. Would be good to get a gathering to rival 2008's.
WOW that looks awesome
Unfortunately, I missed my windows to get a ticket this year because I got sidetracked with moving stuff -- AGH
But I'm in San Diego now so 2018 should be relatively simple
(I could even host some LegionWorlders!)
Andy, I may be able to help you attend at least one of the days this year. PM me if interested.

And even when you can't get into the Convention, hang around and spend the day downtown as the entire area becomes Comic-Con. No badges required. Virtually every space is taken up with something Comic-Con-related.
Posted By: Caliente Re: San Diego Comi-Con International 2017! - 06/22/17 06:26 AM
I was just thinking about Comic-Con this past weekend when I was in SD. Such a fun time! I wish I could make it this year. You all have an amazing time, ok? I demand it! And pictures!! love
Today marks Legion World's 14th Anniversary! Here's a peak at 4 of the buttons available at SDCC this year...Cosmic Boy will be given out on Thursday, Saturn Girl on Friday, Lightning Lad on Saturday and Superboy on Sunday.

Over the next few years, I'll add to the list until all 27 + Subs/Honorary are created and distributed. Collect them all!

Attached picture MMB_buttons1.jpg
Posted By: SharkLad Re: San Diego Comi-Con International 2017! - 07/06/17 11:02 AM
Very cool, Nightcrawler!

I definitely miss hanging out in SD... Maybe in another 10 years...
Nooo! Next year, Next year!
Posted By: mogli Re: San Diego Comi-Con International 2017! - 07/19/17 11:31 PM
Our table all set up for Day 1 of 5 at Comic-Con 2017

Attached picture LW_7-19-17a.jpg
As usual, the table looks awesome, and I do miss hanging out with all of you. I had such a blast the last two times, though I definitely can't fit into the Star Boy costume anymore. smile

All that said, I'm kind of ashamed to admit, but I'm also coming out of severe lurker mode because I'm getting desperate -- for Wonder Twins Funko Pops. If anybody is going to be at the booth and could grab me a set, I'd be most grateful and will pay for shipping and your trouble, of course.

Where are the Legion Pops? All these obscure characters, the Legionnaires are way past due. At least we've gotten some nice Fansets pins. But that's probably a different thread. smile
The problem with Funko is that it takes an act of god to get a ticket to even think about standing in another line that constantly gets cut off to buy anything.

The rules -

• Attendee & professional badges only.
  • One drawing per person, per day.
  • This random drawing is for a chance to get a wristband to purchase items at the Funko booth.
  • Winning a ticket does not guarantee you of any specific item at the Funko booth. Items may sell out by the time you reach the front of the line.
  • Tickets are for a specific date and time and must be redeemed for that specific session.
  • Tickets are not transferrable.
  • There will be a strict limit of one of each item per ticket.
  • You will not be able to line up at the Funko booth before your session begins.

However, it looks like FYE is also selling them. So, I'll try to snag them there.
Yeah, I saw that. I was hoping someone was doing that anyway and could grab a set while they were there. That's way too much to ask someone to do just for me.

This whole con exclusive thing has gotten way out of hand.

FYE doesn't have them online yet. I'll run up to the store at my lunch hour, but I like to have a backup in place. smile

Edit: I have call-in meetings for a couple hours when FYE opens and never have luck with these things, so I bit the bullet and went the eBay route. Hoping they'll be able to fulfill the sale. They were actually going presale for less than I was expecting, so it saves me a bunch of grief. smile
Sorry you had to go through that. There are two pop up stores in Horton Plaza downtown, so I was going to check when I have a chance.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: San Diego Comi-Con International 2017! - 07/20/17 08:31 PM
The table looks great (as always) guys!

The problem with Funko is that it takes an act of god to get a ticket to even think about standing in another line that constantly gets cut off to buy anything.

The rules -

• Attendee & professional badges only.
  • One drawing per person, per day.
  • This random drawing is for a chance to get a wristband to purchase items at the Funko booth.
  • Winning a ticket does not guarantee you of any specific item at the Funko booth. Items may sell out by the time you reach the front of the line.
  • Tickets are for a specific date and time and must be redeemed for that specific session.
  • Tickets are not transferrable.
  • There will be a strict limit of one of each item per ticket.
  • You will not be able to line up at the Funko booth before your session begins.

Madness. I wonder when they start insisting on special song/ dances/ feats of endurance. If things are ridiculously exclusive, then I'll just spend my pennies on something else entirely. If I know I'm likely to miss out, why bother at all? shrug

Now, I've still got a working kidney after donating it to get the Saturn Girl button... what say I give up the second for Garth.. he always appreciated sacrifice... smile

They look great Nighty. Well done!
Looks great!
Have a fun Con

Remember to convert a bunch of folks!
Here's yesterday's picture for some reason it's taking forever for pictures to arrive from my phone.

Attached picture LW_7-20-17a.jpg
Posted By: cleome57 Re: San Diego Comi-Con International 2017! - 07/21/17 07:08 PM
Every time I see a Funko display anywhere, all I can think of is, "Joan Walsh Anglund: The Fantasy Years."

Hey, I'm a 51-year-old female. Whadaya' expect? grin

Seriously, though. Thanks for all the pics.
Here's a look at Friday's table spread. We gave out Saturn Girl. Thursday was Cosmic Boy and tomorrow will be Lightning Lad.

Also, I snagged a cool Archie/Legion homage by Archie artist, Dan Parent.

Attached picture LW_7-21-17a.jpg
Attached picture ArchieLegion1.jpg
Here's the FYE exclusives. Going to buy the Wonder Twins pack today if you still need them.

Attached picture fye_funko1.jpg
I am all set, but thanks!! Maybe someone else will need one, though.
No problem.

Here's a look at today's set up.

Attached picture LW_7-22-17a.jpg
Shot of the table for the last day.

Attached picture LW_7-23-17a.jpg
Nice! Thanks for doing this every year, Nighty!
© Legion World