Legion World
Posted By: .. Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 03:26 AM
Just got a call back from my realtor with a counter offer from the sellers. It was less then the amount Corrinne and I were figuring as the final price so we accepted.
So, providing we are approved for financing (and we should be) and the house passes inspection, I have a new home!
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 03:34 AM
Deddy,

Congrats! There's nothing like your own home! I hope you and Corrinne have many happy years in it! smile
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 09:18 AM
Congrats, Deddy! Now you'll have more room for comics.
Posted By: Vee Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 09:52 AM
Congratulations Deddy!
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 10:46 AM
Congratulations on your new home. laugh
Posted By: CJ Taylor Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 12:19 PM
Good for you Deddy! Guess we know where the SDCC after party is going to be now.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 01:06 PM
That's awesome news Deddy! It sounds like it all ended up working out better than you thought!

Can't wait to see some pics! smile
Posted By: CJ Taylor Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 01:31 PM
Of the HOUSE, Cobie
Posted By: Pov Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 02:23 PM
w00t! Congrats, deddy! BouncingBoy
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 04:19 PM
awright, Deddy!!!
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 08:07 PM
Congrats Deddy. Whens the housewarming? and does Corrinne know what a grand bunch of loonies you have as friends?
Posted By: antacidlass Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 08:16 PM
Oh, I have bit of an idea about all the loonies lol!
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 08:47 PM
laugh
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 09:33 PM
Congratulations on your great excuse to buy a new lounger.

Looking forward to photos.
Posted By: .. Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/13/08 10:15 PM
I do have a few phots of the place now, from the MLS listing, but they're not great. I'll take some and post them after we move in....Closing date is set for july 7th so it won't be a long wait
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/15/08 05:26 PM
Congrats! Enjoy all the repair jobs you will have to do now!

So, when's the housewarming party?
Posted By: .. Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/17/08 05:00 AM
Further update: Got word back from the mortgage broker today, we're approved for the mortgage!
The lending party have to do an appraisal of the property before we start signing papers, but everything is moving along nicely. We looked at several other homes in the same area and all were priced around the same or higher, and none were in as good repair. I'm sure the appraisal will turn out fine. We'll know more in two or three days.

Thanks for all the congrats you all...this is a huge step for me, I'm very excited about it all!

Housewarming party is probably going to be the weekend after we move in (Friday July 11)...you're all invited laugh
Posted By: Caliente Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/17/08 05:59 PM
Congratulations, Deddy!! laugh Can't wait to see the new digs.
Posted By: .. Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/27/08 06:29 AM
Oops...should have updated this awhile ago...
the house fell through, it has a wood foundation and the engineer wouldn't pass it. We're lucky we had it checked!
So antacidlass and I have an offer in on another place. Nice house, and the basement is already set up for renters (a necessity with Fort McMurray house prices)
Not really sure if we're going to get this one, cause the seller wants our financing in place by june 30th or the deal is off. However our mortgage broker is doing all he can to get it by then, and our realtor is ready to bargain for an extension if we need it.
I'll post more info when I get it.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 06/27/08 12:28 PM
(fingers crossed)
Posted By: .. Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 07/15/08 06:01 PM
YAY for me and Antacid Lass! Everything with the house went through no problem. The house appraisal and inspection went fine and we have signed the contract to purchase. Today we sign the mortgage papers and shop around for insurance. The lawyers are moving things along as quickly as possible, still aiming for a possession date of july 23rd. I have a week off from work for the move. We are both very excited about it all...We will post pics when we can.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 07/15/08 06:16 PM
Can't wait to see!
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 07/15/08 07:02 PM
Great news!
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 07/15/08 07:19 PM
Great we can all leave the con and head right to your new house for the housewarming party.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 07/16/08 12:48 AM
Congrats, Dedster! This has been a really good year for you!
Posted By: antacidlass Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 07/19/08 01:23 AM
I can't wait for Deddy to paint our 'office' he he he. He's been givin free reign to decorate/paint it however he sees fit. It's where we're gonna be housing all our fun stuff... like bobble heads and comics. He wanted to paint a Stargate around the door, but unfortunatly the door's not center on the wall, and it would look odd!
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Looks like I got my house!!! - 07/19/08 08:36 AM
Time to move the door, then.... Have fun with your new house!
© Legion World