Legion World
I've been trying to get together some enthusiasm tonight to post but all I can think about is losing Yellow Kid and it just doesn't feel right. I started thinking about how long I've known him...at least since 2002, probably 2001. I actually met him around the same time I "met" Pov and STU (met as in starting posting together). I had just returned to the LMB after a long absence.

Part of getting to know all three over a series of months in the Spring of 2002 was when the LMB was posting on the extremely obscure Phineas B. Fuddle board at the DCMB's, of which we were eventually kicked out of (and Lash and I almost banned from). It was there I got to see YK's brand of humor for the first time. There was a bunch of us: Lardy, Lash, Bevis, Dedman, Faraway, STU, Pov, YK, myself, Looks that Kill Lad and a bunch others.

When we lost Paul (Looks that Kill Lad) it was actually the first day I met Pov in person. And now we lost Art...two people from that period of posting. It just sucks. frown
The Phineas Board "era" was actually quite a bit of fun! Oddly enough, I don't recall Art's involvement though.

In the recesses of my memories, it seemed that I really became familiar with Yellow Kid (and possibly Blackout) during the short period of time some of us LMBers spent at a site called Superhero Chat, where the moderators created a Legion forum for us. (was YK a mod there, or was that Dev? Both?)

Anyway, it was there that I seem to recall starting to get the flavor of Art's then-villainous Primary Color Gang and really beginning to take notice of him as a poster. I dunno, I could be wrong, but it seems like it was there where I met him as opposed to the DC Boards, though I'm sure he was there as well.

I know Art was just ultra-creative and had this universe of characters that was just mind-blowingly intricate. I remember how much flavor his characters added to our last roleplay this past spring and how much I was looking forward to the next one, hopefully with continued involvement from YK, Triple G and all the rest.

I am just so saddened by his loss. Legion World and the LMB have lost a great, great part of them.
Phineas B. Phuddle... heh. We really could cause some trouble.
Though in my memories nothing is as sweet as when the likes of Hugemanbreasts and Kitty Pryde's Panties decended upon the WIZARD X-Men board.
Invading the X-Men Board - now that's a bit of history I never heard about. No doubt you were all very welcome!
© Legion World