Legion World
Posted By: Saturn Girl Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 02:35 AM
I decided that Garth and Imra needed their own room. So, here's the scoop. Everyone is welcome in our room, any time of the day or night, as long as the door is open. If it's shut, a knock is appreciated. If it's locked, please don't even knock. We've tried to make it accomodating, lots of comfy places to sit, and a 31st century (probably literal) plasma TV, vid center, Titan TIVO, the works. And you know how Garth loves music, loud, loud rock music from every era. There will be Silver Ale, Kono juice, soda, assorted planetary waters, chips and dip, veggies for those so inclined, and plenty of sweets. Sound good to anyone? Wanna party? LightningLad SaturnGirl
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 02:58 AM
Silverale and Kono Juice! I'm so there!!!!
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 03:03 AM
I'm here!

Pass the chips, please. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Saturn Girl Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 03:33 AM
Welcome to the party! There's onion dip, cheese dip, bean dip, spinach dip, and a well stocked replicator if you want something different to go with those chips!

Hey, what do you think Kono juice tastes like anyway? Now, pluberry I can picture. It would be the purple color of Welch's grape jelly and would taste like raspberry, blueberry and blackberry mixed together. But Kono juice? Is it more of a fruit nector like apricot? Guava? Mango?
Posted By: Thriftshop Debutante Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 03:43 AM
Say, Saturn Girl, which do you prefer for your costume - red or pink?
Posted By: Saturn Girl Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 03:49 AM
Hi TD! I like the pink. Are we going shopping??
Posted By: Thriftshop Debutante Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 04:04 AM
Do you thrift shop? Up for a li'l S. Army and DI?

And while I like pink better than red, I do think Imra's red Adventure costume was a classic, perfect.
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 04:05 AM
Just LISTEN at these girls, talking 'bout clothes and stuff :-)
Posted By: Saturn Girl Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 04:21 AM
I don't have as much time for it as I used to, but back in the day I used to thrift shop a lot. (Especially during my goth chick phase) Used to search for antique jewelry, old fashioned shoes and boots, and all things black silk and black lace. I still love to look for silk scarves and shawls and beaded purses....well and BOOKS! (Vampire books)

TD, do you really mean D.I. (as in Deseret Industries??) People outside of Utah know what those are???

Costumes - I do love the Adventure Era red and white, it is classic and classy, timeless. But, the pink bikini outfit causes a sensation still, and must never be forgotten.
Posted By: Thriftshop Debutante Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 04:33 AM
I'm just so-so on the bikini outfit - regardless of who was first, I saw Storm first, so...

However, I very much like tall boots!

And yes, I mean D.I. I'm ABD on my Ph.DT (Doctor of Philosophy, Thrift) so I've picked up a few things in my studies - in both didactics and field work.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Just LISTEN at these girls, talking 'bout clothes and stuff :-)
*tee hee!* A true Silver-Agey LEGION quote if there ever was one!
Posted By: Thriftshop Debutante Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 05:12 AM
Whatever you say, Mr. Legion Hairdo Survivor!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 05:18 AM
"This mission is too dangerous for a girl or a gay guy! You two better stay here and talk about your clothes and your hair!"
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 05:22 AM
*Garth emerges from the shower drying his hair, towel cinched around his waist* So what do you want to do tonight sweethe.... *notices the others in the room* Oh, ah, hi guys! Didn't know you were here. But I'm going to have to ask you all to leave now. I've got early monitor duty and I want to spend some time with my wife. *ushers TD, Kid Prime, Nightcrawler, Lash, EDE and any lurkers out the door and locks it. He turns back to Imra, towel dropping from around his waist* Now, where was I? *fadeout*

Good night everyone. LightningLad SaturnGirl
Posted By: Thriftshop Debutante Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 05:28 AM
Geez, get a greenhouse!
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 05:28 AM
<<Kid Prime turns to the rest>>

Well, now what are we all going to do?

Kidding... good night, LL and SG!
Posted By: Greybird Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 07:53 AM
Has Garth learned how to run the auto-chef yet? (See LSH v2 n300)
Posted By: Mekt Ranzz Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/08/03 09:58 AM
that isn't my blender, is it?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/09/03 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Greybird:
Has Garth learned how to run the auto-chef yet? (See LSH v2 n300)
Not in the least. And Computo isn't ready to handle the fires I'd start if I tried.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/09/03 01:46 AM
Sorry to keep the door closed and locked so long everyone. It was a long night and even longer day. Come on in and enjoy yourselves if you want.
Posted By: Saturn Girl Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/09/03 04:18 AM
So tonight we are featuring crossaints and an assortment of cheeses. There's some bagel chips, pretzels, and Cheetos new white cheddar flavor natural puffs (no orange coloring and no MSG!!!)

If you can tear yourself away from Silver Ale and Kono Juice, we are also featuring Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade, which is extremely toothsome if you haven't tried it yet!! laugh

So, how is everyone tonight?? SaturnGirl
Posted By: matlock Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/09/03 04:27 AM
Mmm, pretzels. I might try the orangeless cheetos. Those sound pretty handy when you've got a little one and don't like your whole house to get turned orange.

Anyway, it's pretty cool to have married posters here, I should mention. You'd think as much as my wife loves teen drama shows I could get her to take the last little step into the Legion. But I'm not holding my breath.

Anyhow, it's nice to have you here SG!

Matt
Posted By: Saturn Girl Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/09/03 04:37 AM
Hey Matt! Scott and I were married probably ten years before I ever even picked up a comic book. I used to believe they were beneath me and childish. I only got interested when he started spending almost eery spare minute at home on the computer playing on-line email Legion games, and talking to friends on message boards. Well, I always loved writing and so one night he talked me into taking on a character and joining a PBEM...I was totally and absolutely hooked, and still am. Now, about a year and a half later, I play in about 15 on-line games and have 20 some characters. I am reading the Legion Archieves as Scott buys them off e-Bay, and I love the Legion!! He's got me branching out also, I read some independents, and old Teen Titans stuff and classic JLA too.

We were a great couple before, but now we are able to share this interest Scott's had since he was a kid. Maybe some day you wife will surprise you too and pick up a comic and get hooked! SaturnGirl
Posted By: Thriftshop Debutante Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/09/03 04:41 AM
What is a PBEM?
Posted By: Saturn Girl Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/09/03 04:49 AM
Hi TD, It's 'play by e-mail' There are all these different games that feature between 10 and 40 players and you get to 'live' your character. Of course that's a quickie answer. There's lots of games that are asking for players right now, and most let you lurk to see if it is your cup of tea. There are more than Legion, of course. There is LXG (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (and ladies) with all kinds of eras from the 1700's to present day. I also play Willow from Buffy in a couple games and that's a riot.
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/09/03 09:09 AM
I know it's early, but I stopped by the Luv Shak (door closed AND locked) and I swear I heard someone say, "Do me a favor Lightning Lad...shut up and dance!" Hmmmm...

(authentic quote from SLSH 232)
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/09/03 09:34 AM
Luv Shak, BABY!!

...so c'mon, and bring your juke box money!
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/12/03 09:53 PM
Okay guys there's still some treats left and we'll leave the door open for you but we're off to check in on the parents and see how they are doing. We'll be back later tonight so just have a good time while we are gone.

And don't use the autochef. I think its possessed.

LightningLad SaturnGirl
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/12/03 11:05 PM
Funny, the autochef is the only thing that's not broken in my place...
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/14/03 05:24 AM
Well its time to lock the door and say goodnight. Thanks for fun filled first week.
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/15/03 06:04 PM
"the doors still locked, man thats impressive. Shall I just port in anyway and water bomb them....

Nah,lets move on"

and Faraway ports to
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/30/08 02:04 AM
knock, knock, knock?
Posted By: Stu Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 07/30/08 02:19 AM
Tiiinnnnn roof! Rusted.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 01/09/17 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Stu
Tiiinnnnn roof! Rusted.

Knock it off Chemical Kid!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Garth & Imra's Luv Shak - 04/11/17 03:42 PM
"TEEEEEEEN with roofies...arrested."