Legion World
OM, when a casual fan of punk rock attempts to explain to me that 'blah blah blah, the sex pistols were so great, blah blah blah', what should be my reaction? I've already tried murder and robbery.
OM, should Cobie be arrested for the attempted murder of a punk rock fan, or would it justifiable homicide?
OM, when invading a foreign country should one bring red wine or white wine?
what beer goes best with a stale cafeteria lunch?
OM, when are you going to give us your inane answers?
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
OM, when a casual fan of punk rock attempts to explain to me that 'blah blah blah, the sex pistols were so great, blah blah blah', what should be my reaction? I've already tried murder and robbery.
Murder's a bit extreme. Simple castration should suffice.

Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
OM, should Cobie be arrested for the attempted murder of a punk rock fan, or would it justifiable homicide?
It's not attempted murder if he succeeded.

Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
OM, when invading a foreign country should one bring red wine or white wine?
Depends on the country. Iceland, for example, requires a nice chablis, whereas Canada is more like Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
what beer goes best with a stale cafeteria lunch?
Schlitz. The name matches the sound your stomach will be making shortly after the meal.

OM, when are you going to give us your inane answers?
Sometime next week.
Dear OM,
If one were to find one's self in Vancouver without access to primates, would one find that beaver tastes better than moose?

Oh, and are you gonna bring your JSA sketchbook to SD? I feel like I've only seen a handful of your sketches...
What about techno prog?
OM,

If a train leaves Chicago at 9am on the third Tuesday following Lent on the last leap year with partly sunny skies and a 35% chance of a shower but not the type of shower you would find in the lockerroom of the NY Mets who are in a 3 game slump which they hope to rectify by a trade with the Atlanta Braves for a new pitcher in exchange for their first two draft picks and tickets to The Producers, which I haven't seen and probably won't as I like the original movie with Zero Mostel and Geen Wilder and what kind of name is "Zero" anyway, I think the other kids teased him about that name in elementary school which is near the tire fire in Springfield, although we don't know which Springfield because there are so many of them but is not the most popular name for a town (I think) in the US if not the world which does revolve around the sun as Galileo said but was forced to recant - those bastards, not to disparage real bastards who are usually very nice people and it is not like it is their fault that their parents were not married and although less common in the past is more common now, well maybe not but at least not looked upon as the most horrible thing in the world, how many "q"s are in this question?
OM, why in the world does grape soda exist? Its seems evil, like nucleur weapons.
OM, why in the world does grape soda exist? Its seems evil, like nucleur weapons.
Actually Grape soda is considered something of a delicay (so to speak) over here. At least with stoners. But Thats because they cant get it.
OM, does Paris Hilton have ANY redeeming qualities?
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
Dear OM,
If one were to find one's self in Vancouver without access to primates, would one find that beaver tastes better than moose?
I would not know, as I would subsist solely on back bacon and Molson.

Oh, and are you gonna bring your JSA sketchbook to SD? I feel like I've only seen a handful of your sketches...
I will have four sketchbooks in play at San Diego. The first round's on you.

Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
What about techno prog?
It will have to buy its own drinks.

OM,

If a train leaves Chicago at 9am on the third Tuesday following Lent on the last leap year with partly sunny skies and a 35% chance of a shower but not the type of shower you would find in the lockerroom of the NY Mets who are in a 3 game slump which they hope to rectify by a trade with the Atlanta Braves for a new pitcher in exchange for their first two draft picks and tickets to The Producers, which I haven't seen and probably won't as I like the original movie with Zero Mostel and Geen Wilder and what kind of name is "Zero" anyway, I think the other kids teased him about that name in elementary school which is near the tire fire in Springfield, although we don't know which Springfield because there are so many of them but is not the most popular name for a town (I think) in the US if not the world which does revolve around the sun as Galileo said but was forced to recant - those bastards, not to disparage real bastards who are usually very nice people and it is not like it is their fault that their parents were not married and although less common in the past is more common now, well maybe not but at least not looked upon as the most horrible thing in the world, how many "q"s are in this question?
You will not win the "Kill This Thread" competition as long as I draw breath. Know this.

It seems evil, but is just largely misunderstood. Grape soda exists for those times when you need a caffeine kick but don't want the caramel-colored stuff. It just wants to be loved. Is that so wrong?

Originally posted by Ram Boy:
OM, does Paris Hilton have ANY redeeming qualities?
She plays a mean game of snooker.
OM, what can you do for your country?
OM, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
OM.

Can you mine indoors as well?
OM,

Who is your God--your OMG if you will?

smile
Originally posted by Caliente:
OM, what can you do for your country?
Nowhere near as much as my country can do for me.

OM, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Is it an American woodchuck or a Canadian woodchuck?
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
Can you mine indoors as well?
If I ever find myself in your house I'll show you.

Originally posted by Lard Lad:
OM,

Who is your God--your OMG if you will?
I belong to the Cult of the Month Club. We get new deities and rituals in the mail every couple of weeks. Currently we worship a billboard advertising celebrity impersonators on the Las Vegas Strip. Last month it was NASCAR driver Michael Waltrip.
OM, Is it true that Lard Lad is the Matter-Eater Lad of the LMB? And if so, how does this effect his celebrity status?
OM Why is Cobalt still alive?
OM,

What is the inanest question you ever been asked? (not limited to this thread)
OM, Is it true that Lard Lad is the Matter-Eater Lad of the LMB? And if so, how does this effect his celebrity status?
No, Lardy is not the M-E Lad of LW. Lardy is a force unto himself. The closest equivalent would be if Redd Foxx, The Odd Couple's Oscar Madison, and an academically-suspended frathouse were caught in a radiation accident and fused together.

Originally posted by Gary Concord, the Ultra Man:
OM Why is Cobalt still alive?
There are any number of reasons for this, but the first that comes to mind is your staggering incompetence.

OM,

What is the inanest question you ever been asked? (not limited to this thread)
"Is that your crouton?"
OM, what's your favorite Wire song?
Originally posted by Stealth:
OM, what's your favorite Wire song?
"Map Ref. 41°N 93°W"

(This question made me laugh for several minutes. Thanks!)
OM, when discussing money issues with my fiance, is it advisable to use such phrases as 'Bah!' or 'Feh!' or 'Nyahahahahaha!'?
OM,
Are we there yet?

Gates
Ohmygod, Like OM where has IB gone?
Paper or plastic?
Boxers or briefs?
To be, or not to be?
OM. Anne Murray? Do we use a Cheesegrater or electric cord?
OM, where in the world is Hakim Sandiago?

Who put the bomp in the bomp-sha-bomp?

Who put the ram in my ramalamadingdong?

Wherever shall i go? What shall i do?

You have two bottles, one is five gallons, one is three gallons. How exactly to within on ounce using only those two bottles can i get the speed of light as it refracts around the corona of Jupiter at high tide?

Why is carrot top?
OM, when discussing money issues with my fiance, is it advisable to use such phrases as 'Bah!' or 'Feh!' or 'Nyahahahahaha!'?
Show me a picture of her. If I think she's attractive, the answer is "yes".

Originally posted by KryptonKid:
OM,
Are we there yet?
Don't make me have to come back there.

Originally posted by Everyday Girl:
Ohmygod, Like OM where has IB gone?
Wish I knew that one.

Originally posted by Lad Boy:
Paper or plastic?
Adamantium.

Boxers or briefs?
I'm pretty sure Mike Tyson could beat Alan Dershowitz anyday.
To be, or not to be?
4D.

OM. Anne Murray? Do we use a Cheesegrater or electric cord?
Both seem too merciful. I would go with Ramones 45s ala "Shaun of the Dead".

Originally posted by rickshaw1:
OM, where in the world is Hakim Sandiago?

Who put the bomp in the bomp-sha-bomp?

Who put the ram in my ramalamadingdong?

Wherever shall i go? What shall i do?

You have two bottles, one is five gallons, one is three gallons. How exactly to within on ounce using only those two bottles can i get the speed of light as it refracts around the corona of Jupiter at high tide?

Why is carrot top?
Seek professional help.
OM, is this constant barrage of inane questions a lot like being at work?
OM, what exactly do you mine outdoors?
OM, should Grace Slick rejoin Jefferson Starship?
If tomatoes are vegetables, what are cherry tomatoes?
What's your favorite thing about me? (I know there are many amazing things but just pick one. wink )
OM, what is your second-favorite thing bout Cali?
And what is your favourite thing about you?
And do any of your favorite things about Cali involve Cherry Tomatoes?
OM, if you were a tree what tree would you be?
OM, is this constant barrage of inane questions a lot like being at work?
You have no idea.

OM, what exactly do you mine outdoors?
Land.

OM, should Grace Slick rejoin Jefferson Starship?
No one should rejoin Jefferson Starship at this point. Though it would be interesting to see Papa John Creach try.

If tomatoes are vegetables, what are cherry tomatoes?
The tomato is a fruit. It's classified as a vegetable for legal reasons. No fooling.
What's your favorite thing about me? (I know there are many amazing things but just pick one. wink )
That you've met many of us in person yet you continue to post here.

OM, what is your second-favorite thing bout Cali?
This is an all-ages board.

Context... who needs it?

And what is your favourite thing about you?
My deep and abiding respect for every living creature, no matter how stupid, inept, or just plain deserving of death they might be.

Originally posted by Abin Quank:
And do any of your favorite things about Cali involve Cherry Tomatoes?
You really were on the road for a long time, weren't you?

OM, if you were a tree what tree would you be?
That tree from Evil Dead.
Since they fail to meet the 8 characteristics of life, are viruses actual life-forms, or just wanna-bes?
OM, what is your favorite type of flightless bird?
OM, if Papa John Creach, Skip Spence and Spencer Dryden all rejoined Jefferson Starship, should they call themselves Jefferson Afterlife?
OM, what are the 8 characteristics of life?
OM,

Did you miss me?
Is the plural of mongoose, mongooses or mongeese?
OM, are you over us?
Since they fail to meet the 8 characteristics of life, are viruses actual life-forms, or just wanna-bes?
Viruses tend to be temperamental, which hides their sensitive and inquisitive natures. They get around a lot, but don't make friends easily. They should marry a Leo or Pisces early, but never a Cancer.

OM, what is your favorite type of flightless bird?
Popeyes' chicken strips.

OM, if Papa John Creach, Skip Spence and Spencer Dryden all rejoined Jefferson Starship, should they call themselves Jefferson Afterlife?
Doesn't quite fit the concept. I'd go with Jefferson Coffin or Jefferson Ouijaboard.
OM, what are the 8 characteristics of life?
Organization: Being composed of one or more cells, which are the basic units of life.

Metabolism: Consumption of energy by converting nonliving material into cellular components and decomposing organic matter.

Adaptation: The ability to change over a period of time in response to the environment.

Homeostasis: Regulation of the internal environment to maintain a constant state; for example, sweating to reduce temperature.

Reproduction: The ability to produce new organisms.

Schwartzinazation: The ability to appreciate Silver Age DC comics.

JohnorPaulism: The ability to select a favorite Beatle.

Chatteraversionsim: A lack of positive response to talk radio.
OM,

Did you miss me?
Yes, but my aim is getting better every day.

Originally posted by shenu:
Is the plural of mongoose, mongooses or mongeese?
Roadkills.

OM, are you over us?
In every sense of that phrase.
OM, how does it feel to have your own popular thread? Do you feel you've sold out? Inquiring minds want to know!
OM, is homeostasis a sin? Shouldn't life forms be practicing heterostasis?
OM, who's afraid of Virginia Woolf?
OM, if the University of Notre Dame is an American school, with a French name, named after a Jewish woman, why is their team called the Fighting Irish?
OM, bunnies are to the meadow as Legion Worlders are to the...what?
OM, How's the aim getting?
OM, how does it feel to have your own popular thread? Do you feel you've sold out? Inquiring minds want to know!
I don't feel like I've sold out as much as the rest of you have bought in.

OM, is homeostasis a sin? Shouldn't life forms be practicing heterostasis?
No. Homeostasis, recall, is proper regulation of one's internal environment. Heterostasis is striking out at the bar on a weekend. Totally different.

OM, who's afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Thomas Lamb

Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
OM, if the University of Notre Dame is an American school, with a French name, named after a Jewish woman, why is their team called the Fighting Irish?
Because it was better than their other choice, the "Terriers".
OM, bunnies are to the meadow as Legion Worlders are to the...what?
Bordello.

OM, How's the aim getting?
You'll find out soon enough.
OM, is there an afterlife, and if so, how much does Ticketmaster charge you to get in?
OM How far will the "huge pulsating ever expanding chicken heart" go before it becomes a danger to civilization and has to be handed over to Colonel Saunders for “pacification” and, possibly, lunch?
OM, Do you know the way to San Jose?
OM, would you like my secret oatmeal recipe?
OM, what is Fat Cramers secret oatmeal recipe?
OM, do all true Legion Fans hate Lori Morning?
OM, what was Faraway Lad smoking when he composed his question from five posts ago?
OM, why do we say "tuna fish" and "codfish", but not "salmon fish" or "flounder fish"?
Oh wise OM, what's the best place to drink in San Diego?
Miner, remember when I used to tell posters that you were actually my alt ID and confuse and stuff (in PMs no less)? Good times.
What did G. H. Hardy mean when he said, "there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematicians"?
OM, where are you that so many questions have accumulated without being answered?
OM, is Quis allowed to ask a second question before you've gotten to his previous one?
OM, is the pot allowed to call the kettle black?
OM, is there an afterlife, and if so, how much does Ticketmaster charge you to get in?
Yes.

It's only five bucks, not counting an additional $4 billion in processing fees.

OM How far will the "huge pulsating ever expanding chicken heart" go before it becomes a danger to civilization and has to be handed over to Colonel Saunders for “pacification” and, possibly, lunch?
The chicken heart can only be pacified by yours truly. It cannot be truly defeated. The universe will not succumb to entropy, as has long been theorized by scientists. It will succumb to the chicken heart.

OM, Do you know the way to San Jose?
Yes.

OM, would you like my secret oatmeal recipe?
It wouldn't be a secret if I knew.
OM, what is Fat Cramers secret oatmeal recipe?
It's a set of instructions for the manufacture of a dish called oatmeal, generally consumed as part of breakfast.

OM, do all true Legion Fans hate Lori Morning?
No.

Most true Legion fans have suppressed the memory entirely.

OM, what was Faraway Lad smoking when he composed his question from five posts ago?
Bubble-gum cigarettes.

Really, really good bubble-gum cigarettes.

OM, why do we say "tuna fish" and "codfish", but not "salmon fish" or "flounder fish"?
Becasue "tuna" and "cod" lack gravitas on their own.

Why gravitas is necessary to discuss fish is a mystery for the ages.
Oh wise OM, what's the best place to drink in San Diego?
Kate Beckinsale's hotel room.

Miner, remember when I used to tell posters that you were actually my alt ID and confuse and stuff (in PMs no less)? Good times.
No.

What did G. H. Hardy mean when he said, "there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematicians"?
Clearly, he never applied for government work.
OM, where are you that so many questions have accumulated without being answered?
Working on my aim.

OM, is Quis allowed to ask a second question before you've gotten to his previous one?
No.

OM, is the pot allowed to call the kettle black?
Of course. It's still true, after all.
OM, which Legion Worlder would you most like to be trapped with on a deserted island for ten years, and what book would you most like them to have?
OM, if you're a jet, are you a jet all the way?
OM, which Legion Worlder would you most like to be trapped <strike>with </strike> on a deserted island for ten years, and what book would you most like them to have?
Miner, if Crujectra and I fought, who would you bet on? And how much should we sell tickets for..?
OM, what should be my next avatar?
OM, which Legion Worlder would you most like to be trapped with on a deserted island for ten years, and what book would you most like them to have?
I can't really answer this, since I cannot be trapped, and I have access to any book I want. So there.

OM, if you're a jet, are you a jet all the way?
Pretty much, though I thought you was a major suffragette.

OM, which Legion Worlder would you most like to be trapped <strike>with </strike> on a deserted island for ten years, and what book would you most like them to have?
Everybody who's posted a question on this thread, except Cramer and Caliente.

As for reading material, Sylvia Plath's "The Belljar" seems appropo.

Miner, if Crujectra and I fought, who would you bet on? And how much should we sell tickets for..?
Please. I'd have bets on both of you.

And what's this "we" stuff?

OM, what should be my next avatar?
Sean Hannity.
OM, I thought my current avatar was of Sean Hannity. Isn't Sean Hannity a bunny with a pancake on his head?
OM, is an image of Sean Hannity really suitable for decent people to have to look at?
OM, I thought my current avatar was of Sean Hannity. Isn't Sean Hannity a bunny with a pancake on his head?
Oh, if only that were true.

OM, is an image of Sean Hannity really suitable for decent people to have to look at?
We've put up with your avatar for this long, we can probably handle Hannity for a spell.
Miner, are you a fan of the 49ers?
Miner, back when the 49ers started becoming a good football team, did you ever play Miner 2049er on your Commodore 64?

Have you played the New Version on your Blackberry?
OM, can you believe "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" isn't really butter in a cunning disguise?
OM, considering that you do your mining outdoors, do you have a nice tan?
OM, do you think Pluto got a raw deal?
OM, when you were younger, were you a Minor Outdoor Miner, a Outdoor Miner Minor, or just an Outdoor Minor?
OM, Is your refrigerator running?
OM, should J.K. Rowling do a reboot of her Harry Potter books?
bump This thread shall not fall to page two on my watch!
OM, any thoughts on this?

[Linked Image]
Ram Boy, you are bloody brilliant. Also, OM... where have you gone?? sob
Hi Miner, could you persuade Cobie to get the beers in please? I've been waiting four years....
Miner, are you a fan of the 49ers?
If this isn't a double entendre of some sort, then no.

Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Miner, back when the 49ers started becoming a good football team, did you ever play Miner 2049er on your Commodore 64?

Have you played the New Version on your Blackberry?
Retro isn't my thing.

OM, can you believe "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" isn't really butter in a cunning disguise?
Yes.

Discovering it was really vegemite was something else altogether.

Originally posted by dedman:
OM, considering that you do your mining outdoors, do you have a nice tan?
No. The hoodie makes a good sun block.
OM, do you think Pluto got a raw deal?
Having to live with Mickey Mouse isn't a fate I'd wish on an enemy, so yes.

OM, when you were younger, were you a Minor Outdoor Miner, a Outdoor Miner Minor, or just an Outdoor Minor?
Neither. I was Lord Kitchener's Valet.

OM, Is your refrigerator running?
It was, but it dropped out due to lack of campaign funding.

OM, should J.K. Rowling do a reboot of her Harry Potter books?
Only if she's hurting for cash after purchasing England.
OM, any thoughts on this?
That's the cutest Sean Hannity I've ever seen

[QB Also, OM... where have you gone?? sob [/QB]
I was at San Diego. I was also dealing with the worst case of jet lag I've ever had in my life.

Originally posted by Sonnie:
Hi Miner, could you persuade Cobie to get the beers in please? I've been waiting four years....
Certainly you must have realized by now that we....I mean, he drank them himself.
OM, how was San Diego and how is the jet lag now?
Mr. Miner Gramps is like making his reservations for San Diego for next year and he won't tell me if I'm gonna get to like go along or not.

Will you ask him if I'm going and if he says no will you take me? Pretty Please?
OM, what are you wearing right now?
OM, how was San Diego and how is the jet lag now?
It was a lot of fun, even with the crowds. The jet lag has passed.

Mr. Miner Gramps is like making his reservations for San Diego for next year and he won't tell me if I'm gonna get to like go along or not.

Will you ask him if I'm going and if he says no will you take me? Pretty Please?
I'll ask him if you're going.

I have a feeling that if I let you come with me, I'd never make it through airport security.

OM, what are you wearing right now?
A Magma T-shirt and a pair of blue shorts.
Ohmygod, Mr. Miner, do you think Mr Quizzy-Poo would be like upset if I shot that silly pancake off the cute little bunny's head?

I won't hurt the bunny, honest...
Ohmygod, Mr. Miner, do you think Mr Quizzy-Poo would be like upset if I shot that silly pancake off the cute little bunny's head?
There's no point in doing it if he wouldn't be.
OM, how much is too much?
In the litigation between DC and the Siegels over the ownership of the right to use "Superboy," are the referees vacated findings binding through collateral estoppal?
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
[b]Ohmygod, Mr. Miner, do you think Mr Quizzy-Poo would be like upset if I shot that silly pancake off the cute little bunny's head?
There's no point in doing it if he wouldn't be. [/b]
Ohmygod! rotflmao

Mr. Miner, you are so like wise! I'm gonna like take your advise and do it. No more pancakes on Bunny's heads!

But... do you think I should like start a new thread to "Liberate the Pancake Oppressed Bunnies?"
OM, how much is too much?
I'll let you know when I find out.

In the litigation between DC and the Siegels over the ownership of the right to use "Superboy," are the referees vacated findings binding through collateral estoppal?
If we aren't talking NBA referees, sure.

Though collateral estoppal doesn't prevent appeals.

But... do you think I should like start a new thread to "Liberate the Pancake Oppressed Bunnies?"
Knock yourself out.
OM,

Do you want children?
Miner, what kind of music do you listen to?
Who wrote the three witches scene in Macbeth?
Outdoor Miner, can I name my pet rock after you?
OM,

Do you want children?
Depends. Are you charging by the pound?

Miner, what kind of music do you listen to?
Winathian Meadow*, Titanese Waltzes*, Braalian Spirituals*, Imskian Rhymes*, Mellotron Threnodies, Bangin' and Yellin'.

Who wrote the three witches scene in Macbeth?
I did. Long story.

Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Outdoor Miner, can I name my pet rock after you?
Sure. After You's a funny name for a pet, but it's not like it's gonna come when you call it.

<span style="font-size: 10px;">(* - all straight out of the Mayfair Games Legion Sourcebook)</span>
OM,

Is there any question you won't answer?
Outdoor Miner,

What is your favorite food? What is your least favorite food
OM,

What happened to my youth?
OM,

Is there any question you won't answer?
Yes.

Originally posted by Titan Lad:
Outdoor Miner,

What is your favorite food? What is your least favorite food
Favorite food is pizza. Least favorite food is cheese.

Yeah, I know.

OM,

What happened to my youth?
I sold it on eBay.

Oh, like you were using it.
OM, What question won't you answer?
OM, how big is it?
Hey Miner, where did you hide the evidence?
OM, Can I go to the bathroom?
OM, it hurts when I pee! What's wrong with me?!?!
OM, What question won't you answer?
OM, how big is it?
It's too much for you.

Hey Miner, where did you hide the evidence?
Where you can't find it.

OM, Can I go to the bathroom?
I'm sure you're capable of doing so.

OM, it hurts when I pee! What's wrong with me?!?!
There's not enough time to even begin.
Where are my car keys?
OM, where's the key to my closet full of skeletons?
Miner, what is there to do in Seattle?
OM, which came first, the chicken or the egg?
OM,are these my feet?
OM, as far as inane questioners go, how do we stack up?
OM, where does time go after it's used?
Where are my car keys?
With your car, which you'll get back once it's about out of gas.

OM, where's the key to my closet full of skeletons?
Under your bed with the monsters.

Miner, what is there to do in Seattle?
See the Space Needle, drink loads of coffee, and form a grunge band.

OM, which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Larry King.
Originally posted by walkwithcrowds:
OM,are these my feet?
No, those are Lad Boy's.

He probably wants them back.

OM, as far as inane questioners go, how do we stack up?
Like cordwood.

OM, where does time go after it's used?
Out for a beer and a good cry, like most people.
OM, should having a foot fetish be considered deviant behavior?
OM, who would win a fight between Betty Rubble and Wilma Flintstone? And do you know where we can see a video of said fight?
OM, and should having a Wilma Flintstone fetish be considered deviant behavior? (unless you are Fred Flintstone)
<mmm....Wilma and Betty... drool >
OM, How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?
Outdoor Miner, is it better to give answers to inane questions, or to receive answers to inane questions?
Miner, what is coming after mp3 for music formats?
OM, should having a foot fetish be considered deviant behavior?
On this board? Hardly.

OM, who would win a fight between Betty Rubble and Wilma Flintstone? And do you know where we can see a video of said fight?
I have universal sales rights to the video in question.

I'd tell you who won, but I don't want to hurt sales.

OM, and should having a Wilma Flintstone fetish be considered deviant behavior? (unless you are Fred Flintstone)
It's deviant only if you are Fred Flintstone.
OM, How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?
Do I look like an owl to you?

Outdoor Miner, is it better to give answers to inane questions, or to receive answers to inane questions?
Well, put it this way. This thread is not called "Let's Give Outdoor Miner Answers to Inane Questions", is it?

Miner, what is coming after mp3 for music formats?
Microchips in the head.
[b]OM, How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?
Do I look like an owl to you?[/b]
Well you do have the beak.

[b]Outdoor Miner, is it better to give answers to inane questions, or to receive answers to inane questions?
Well, put it this way. This thread is not called "Let's Give Outdoor Miner Answers to Inane Questions", is it? [/b]
Should we start such a thread?
[b]
[b]OM, How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?
Do I look like an owl to you?[/b]
Well you do have the beak.

[b]Outdoor Miner, is it better to give answers to inane questions, or to receive answers to inane questions?
Well, put it this way. This thread is not called "Let's Give Outdoor Miner Answers to Inane Questions", is it? [/b]
Should we start such a thread? [/b]
OM:If we do start such a thread, what will you do with your spare time?
OM, what threads that currently don't exist need to be started?
Should we start such a thread?
Pretending for a moment that I have any influence in this matter whatsoever, no.
OM:If we do start such a thread, what will you do with your spare time?
Not post in the thread.

OM, what threads that currently don't exist need to be started?
All of them.
OM, I was recently talking to a colleague about the proposed Legion World Lottery. They propose to establish a prize pool from 58% of the revenues of this lottery. 8% will be spent as selling, general & administrative costs while the remaining 34% will be contributed to the Legion World Government General Revenues Pool.

Given that 1) 90% of the revenues for this lottery will come from low income Legion Worlders; 2) the effective marginal tax rate for low-income wage earners on Legion World is 22% and that gambling losses are not deductable from gross income; 3) the exorbitant salary the lottery chairperson will own, Isn't this lottery an onerous tax on probability against the poor people of Legion World, a tax at a rate nearly double the effective marginal rate of taxation of these wage earners to fund the incompetent leadership and line the pockets of their sinecure holding friends?
Why do you bother answering the nonsense they ask, Miner?
OM, if Gary Concord, the Ultra Man was a pretty flower, what pretty flower would Gary Concord, the Ultra Man be?
OM, Which question on this thread has been your favorite one so far?
OM, I was recently talking to a colleague about the proposed Legion World Lottery. They propose to establish a prize pool from 58% of the revenues of this lottery. 8% will be spent as selling, general & administrative costs while the remaining 34% will be contributed to the Legion World Government General Revenues Pool.

Given that 1) 90% of the revenues for this lottery will come from low income Legion Worlders; 2) the effective marginal tax rate for low-income wage earners on Legion World is 22% and that gambling losses are not deductable from gross income; 3) the exorbitant salary the lottery chairperson will own, Isn't this lottery an onerous tax on probability against the poor people of Legion World, a tax at a rate nearly double the effective marginal rate of taxation of these wage earners to fund the incompetent leadership and line the pockets of their sinecure holding friends?
As someone who tends to side with the downtrodden, I agree with you that is little more than exploitation of the less fortunate.

As lottery chairman, I say somebody's gotta win, why not you?
Originally posted by Gary Concord, the Ultra Man:
Why do you bother answering the nonsense they ask, Miner?
It beats working.

OM, if Gary Concord, the Ultra Man was a pretty flower, what pretty flower would Gary Concord, the Ultra Man be?
He would be a nasturtium. Only because I like the way it sounds.

OM, Which question on this thread has been your favorite one so far?
I hold them all in the same regard.
Miner, what happened to my robot?
Miner, what happened to my robot?
I'm guessing it tried to replicate your sense of humor and blew out its circuits.
OM, Who was that masked man?
If I told you about the scandalous things that happened while I was in the Cannon office building for US representatives today, would you keep it a secret?

By the way, you're not within a 5 mile radius of the Capitol are you?
OM,
do you believe any of the 9/11 conspiracies?
OM, Who was that masked man?
I don't know. Third base.

If I told you about the scandalous things that happened while I was in the Cannon office building for US representatives today, would you keep it a secret?

By the way, you're not within a 5 mile radius of the Capitol are you?
1. Sure. That's not a tape recorder, by the way.

2. I'm closer to the Capitol than you may know.

OM,
do you believe any of the 9/11 conspiracies?
Only the ones I made up.
OM, In the Batman TV series, why didn't any of the villians trace the hot phone line from Police Headquarters to the Batcave? Do you think Commissioner Gordon did?
OM, did you miss me while I was in Alaska getting hitched and seeing glaciers?

Also, why do the scandalous things happen in the Cannon building after I've left DC? I wanted to be witness to the sordid deeds! (And only a witness, thank you very much.)
OM, when will my plotline be resolved?
OM how can I win IB's heart?
Outdoor Miner - how can one interpret dreams?
OM, In the Batman TV series, why didn't any of the villians trace the hot phone line from Police Headquarters to the Batcave? Do you think Commissioner Gordon did?
It's all about the chase, man.

OM, did you miss me while I was in Alaska getting hitched and seeing glaciers?

Also, why do the scandalous things happen in the Cannon building after I've left DC? I wanted to be witness to the sordid deeds! (And only a witness, thank you very much.)
1. That should go without saying.

2. Clearly, the makers and shakers of DC respect you too much to get up to that business while you're around. You'll need to come back ASAP for the good of the nation.

Originally posted by Empress Frio:
OM, when will my plotline be resolved?
At this rate, about the time Led Zeppelin reunite.

Some advice: Be more proactive. Waiting for us to get our act together ain't gonna do it.

Originally posted by My Wee Fem:
OM how can I win IB's heart?
Just by being yourself.

The prettiest, kindest, most generous version of yourself you can muster.

If that doesn't work, use a machete.

Originally posted by The Royal Inquisitor:
Outdoor Miner - how can one interpret dreams?
In most cases, badly.

Sometimes, though, a cigar is just a cigar. And a mysterious tower that never leaves your field of vision no matter which direction you look is just a mysterious tower that never leaves your field of vision no matter which direction you look.
Bug, how can you allow this thread to go to the second page? For shame.
OM, if you had to be one of Batman's villians, which one would you be?
OM, when will I get a plotline?

Jamie
OM: Jimmy Ruffin wanted me to ask you, 'What becomes of the broken hearted?'
OM, is it true Frio is planning to either murder or seduce Stratum?
Bug, how can you allow this thread to go to the second page? For shame.
Some of us have a life, babe.

OM, if you had to be one of Batman's villians, which one would you be?
Denny O'Neil

Originally posted by Stratum:
OM, when will I get a plotline?
See my answer to Frio in the post before this one.

OM: Jimmy Ruffin wanted me to ask you, 'What becomes of the broken hearted?'
They move to England and get talk shows.

OM, is it true Frio is planning to either murder or seduce Stratum?
Try reading the story threads. I just got back here.
OM, why do mean people suck?
[b]Bug, how can you allow this thread to go to the second page? For shame.
Some of us have a life, babe.[/b]
Miner, why're you telling lies? Obviously if you had a life you wouldn't be here. wink
OM, is there a single reason why we shouldn't all vote for Cali for leader?
OM, would it be inappropriate to be Cali's campaign manager if that manager secretly has a crush on her (hypothetically)?
OM, it's outrageous what they're asking for a BIG WHITE POOFY DRESS these days!!! What can be done about the ridiculous cost of having a wedding?
Miner, will you vote for me for LMB <strike>deputy</strike> leader?
OM,

What is the most terrible threat the Terrible Threateners could make to you?
OM,

Why are we supposed to say Om when we meditated?
O.M.:
Should I cash out my retirement savings, quit my job, and buy a convertible and house on the Gulf Coast?
OM, why do mean people suck?
I have four separate answers for this, and none of them pass the "all ages" criteria.

Miner, why're you telling lies?
You can't handle the truth.
OM, is there a single reason why we shouldn't all vote for Cali for leader?
No.

There are many.

(That cryptic enough for ya?)

OM, would it be inappropriate to be Cali's campaign manager if that manager secretly has a crush on her (hypothetically)?
Probably. But you get Drama Points so it all works out in the role-playing wash. Just remember that the (hypothetical) crush has to be revealed at the most embarassing moment possible.

OM, it's outrageous what they're asking for a BIG WHITE POOFY DRESS these days!!! What can be done about the ridiculous cost of having a wedding?
Elope. Your respective families will deal.
Miner, will you vote for me for LMB <strike>deputy</strike> leader?
What's in it for me?

OM,

What is the most terrible threat the Terrible Threateners could make to you?
They could become my campaign managers and develop a hypothetical crush on me.

Why are we supposed to say Om when we meditated?
If I may quote from the sacred text known as the Katha Upanishad:

"This is the best support; this is the highest support. Whosoever knows this support is adored in the world of Brahma."

There you have it. The more you know OM, the closer to the divine you are. You're all lucky I don't charge you for the privilege.

O.M.:
Should I cash out my retirement savings, quit my job, and buy a convertible and house on the Gulf Coast?
I talked to Quis about this and he thought you should go ahead and do it. So remember, it was Quis.
[b]Miner, will you vote for me for LMB <strike>deputy</strike> leader?
What's in it for me?[/b]
What do you want?
love Devil
[b]OM, why do mean people suck?
I have four separate answers for this, and none of them pass the "all ages" criteria.[/b]
If I may interject-- most people suck. Mean people just tend to get caught. laugh
Dear OM,

Unless you win the "kill this Thread" thread, we will become your campaign managers and one of us (we won't say which one) will develop a hypothetical crush on you. The others will develop real crushes. (one of which involves 5 tons of pressure)

The Terrible Threateners.

PS: What do you think of them apples?
[b]O.M.:
I talked to Quis about this and he thought you should go ahead and do it. So remember, it was Quis. [/b]
Pshaw! I've been telling Lad Boy to do that for years now.
OM: What DO you think of them apples?
OM, is the bitter, bitter, sad and bitter conflict between Quis and yourself EVER going to resolved peacefully?
OM, could the "Terrible Threateners" be any more lame?
OM, would you forgive me if I put a photoshopped version of you on the cover of Klordny?
OM, is the conflict between us bitter, bitter, sad, and bitter or bitter, sad, bitter, and bitter or just plain pathetic?
OM, would you stop breathing if Quis posted on "Kill This Thread" and then locked it? evil
OM, where have you been?
Hey OM, I see ya hidin up there in the recent visitors bar...

You gonna answer any of these questions or not?
OM, is it wrong to have fun in this thread when you're missing?
Half the fun is Miner's answers.
Yeah but we can still have the other half without him...
OM: Why is it we can we have half the fun all of the time.
All of the fun some of the time.
But we can't have all of the fun all of the time?
Dear OM, when's the next comic convention? I'm going through withdrawl...
Dear OM, what's compote? I'm had some sake-braised pineapple compote on Thursday and I'm still trying to figure it out...
Miner, are you ever going to answer our questions?
OM:Don't you love us anymore?
OM: Do you think we should have a "Let's all pester Ram Boy with questions" thread?
OM: What DO you think of them apples?
They seem a bit sour. Just like me.

OM, is the bitter, bitter, sad and bitter conflict between Quis and yourself EVER going to resolved peacefully?
You left out two sads and a bitter in your above description.

OM, could the "Terrible Threateners" be any more lame?
They could be zombies. That would really be lame.

OM, would you forgive me if I put a photoshopped version of you on the cover of Klordny?
Something else else tells me my answer would not make a difference here.

OM, is the conflict between us bitter, bitter, sad, and bitter or bitter, sad, bitter, and bitter or just plain pathetic?
All of the above.

P.S.: Die.
Originally posted by Pov:
OM, would you stop breathing if Quis posted on "Kill This Thread" and then locked it? evil
Possibly. But I would just come back as a zombie, and we all know how lame that is.

OM, where have you been?
I've been dead. For tax reasons.

Originally posted by My Wee Fem:
You gonna answer any of these questions or not?
No.

OM, is it wrong to have fun in this thread when you're missing?
Yes.

Which probably makes it even more fun.

OM: Why is it we can we have half the fun all of the time.
All of the fun some of the time.
But we can't have all of the fun all of the time?
You aren't trying hard enough.
Dear OM, when's the next comic convention? I'm going through withdrawl...
Dear OM, what's compote? I'm had some sake-braised pineapple compote on Thursday and I'm still trying to figure it out...
The next shows are Wizard World Texas and a New York show, both on Nov. 16-18. The former has much significance for Legion Worlders.

As for your second question, put it this way: What *isn't* compote?

Miner, are you ever going to answer our questions?
No.

OM:Don't you love us anymore?
This implies that I loved any of you in the first place.

Originally posted by Lad Boy:OM: Do you think we should have a "Let's all pester Ram Boy with questions" thread?
You left out the "inane" bit.

Anyway, what's he ever done to you?
Miner, if we told you how much we've missed you, would you twist it around and make a sarcastic response out of it?
OM, Do you know how happy I am that you have started posting again?
Miner, what do you think of Drake's Legion of America Gates in Bits?
OM, if you had one million Canadian dollars what would you spend it on?
OM, Did you know that we missed you?
Miner, if we told you how much we've missed you, would you twist it around and make a sarcastic response out of it?
Well, duh.

OM, Do you know how happy I am that you have started posting again?
Yes, I do.

Miner, what do you think of Drake's Legion of America Gates in Bits?
Haven't checked it out yet. I will.

OM, if you had one million Canadian dollars what would you spend it on?
Me.

OM, Did you know that we missed you?
Well, duh.
[b]Miner, what do you think of Drake's Legion of America Gates in Bits?
Haven't checked it out yet. I will.[/b]
Awesome. Tell us what you think when you do?
OM, do you know that Lard Lad died while you were away? How do you feel about that?

And...vanilla or chocolate?
OM, if you could push one plastic, phony, pestilent pop star off a cliff, who would it be?

(As for my choice, I still can't decide between Jennifer Lopez or Fergie.)
OM, are members going evil a tradition in the LMBP or just bad luck?
OM, have you deciphered the code?
OM, who, what, where, when, why?
OM, if Legion World was to hold a Rename Quislet, Esq. Contest what would be your entry?
Tell us what you think when you do?
Maybe.

Originally posted by Clive:
OM, do you know that Lard Lad died while you were away? How do you feel about that?
Who?

Originally posted by Clive:
And...vanilla or chocolate?
Neopolitan.

Originally posted by Stealth:
OM, if you could push one plastic, phony, pestilent pop star off a cliff, who would it be?
Rudy Giuliani.

Originally posted by Frio:
OM, are members going evil a tradition in the LMBP or just bad luck?
Little of both.

Much like dating Cobie.

OM, have you deciphered the code?
The ferret warbles at hollow midnight sharp.
Miner, would you rather be punched by Batman, Chuck Norris, or both?
Miner, why have you been so busy lately? Don't you love us anymore?
Don't you love us anymore?
Miner, can you answer that question in such a way as to not offend anyone's sensibilities?
[b] Don't you love us anymore?
Miner, can you answer that question in such a way as to not offend anyone's sensibilities?[/b]
Miner, do you think I asked that to offend peoples sensibilities? angel
Miner, do you think an auto-reply algorithm based on a guy who saved a lady's life, giving his own in the process, can win the heart of said lady?
OM, who, what, where, when, why?
Igor Stravinsky.

Banana Custard.

The David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Pa.

July 18th, 1672.

Rupert Murdoch says so.
OM,

Do you miss being pestered by inane questions?
OK, popular demand and all that.....

OM, if Legion World was to hold a Rename Quislet, Esq. Contest what would be your entry?
I would have several. Again, none of them would pass the "all-ages" criteria.

Miner, would you rather be punched by Batman, Chuck Norris, or both?
Those losers couldn't lay a glove on me.

Miner, why have you been so busy lately? Don't you love us anymore?
The why is not complicated, but can't be discussed in detail.

See my earlier responses to the whole "love" business.

Miner, can you answer that question in such a way as to not offend anyone's sensibilities?
Clearly.

[Miner, do you think I asked that to offend peoples sensibilities? angel
The avatar isn't fooling anyone.

Miner, do you think an auto-reply algorithm based on a guy who saved a lady's life, giving his own in the process, can win the heart of said lady?
Given you had to resurrect yourself, the answer should be self-evident now.

OM,

Do you miss being pestered by inane questions?
You think I wasn't being pestered by inane questions because i wasn't here? Ha, ha, and ha.
It's about time we got those answers.

Is there anything else you want to say?
Miner, do I frighten you in person?
Miner, do I frighten you despite your not having met me in person?
Miner, does Lardy frighten you despite your not having met him in prison?
Miner, soes Kent's question seem repeticious to you?
Miner, what's the definition of "soes" as used by Lardy in the above post?
Miner, isn't it obvious I made a typo and meant to say "does"?
Miner, why did you and I suddenly start laughing for no apparent reason?
Is there anything else you want to say?
No.

Miner, do I frighten you in person?
Only when you're driving.

Miner, do I frighten you despite your not having met me in person?
Frighten, no. More like amuse, annoy, and interest without the "amuse" and "interest" bits.

Miner, does Lardy frighten you despite your not having met him in prison?
How do you know I haven't?
Ohmygod! Mr Miner, could Lard Lad possibly be any ickier?
Miner, soes Kent's question seem repeticious to you?
It all blurs together after a while, man.

Miner, what's the definition of "soes" as used by Lardy in the above post?
It's a combination of "do" and "souse", so not only is he accusing you of asking a question that seems "repeticious", but he's accusing you of being drunk in the process.

"Repeticious" itself is a cross between "repetitious" and "delicious" which implies that while he thought your question to be imitative, he was secretly digging it.

Miner, isn't it obvious I made a typo and meant to say "does"?
In your case, no. See above response.

Miner, why did you and I suddenly start laughing for no apparent reason?
I think by that point we were just overwhelmed by the sheer amazingness of it all.
OM< If you had to spend a weekend with either Everyday Girl or Lard Lad, what would you do?
Ohmygod! Mr Miner, could Lard Lad possibly be any ickier?
With enough prep time, undoubtedly.

He's the Batman of ick.
Why is the MMB become Lard Lad Bashing Central?
OM< If you had to spend a weekend with either Everyday Girl or Lard Lad, what would you do?
Assuming I get a choice, I go with Everyday Girl. I can just hand her someone's credit card and ship her off to Ordinance 'R' Us while I chill.
Why is the MMB become Lard Lad Bashing Central?
Because Cobie isn't around at the moment.
Miner, why has no one given me, Floating Foxlike Creature, a proper name?
Originally posted by Floating Foxlike Creature:
Miner, why has no one given me, Floating Foxlike Creature, a proper name?
It has so far proven difficult to give you one that does you justice. And doesn't violate the Comics Code Authority in the process.
[b]OM< If you had to spend a weekend with either Everyday Girl or Lard Lad, what would you do?
Assuming I get a choice, I go with Everyday Girl. I can just hand her someone's credit card and ship her off to Ordinance 'R' Us while I chill. [/b]
So, arsenic wouldn't enter into your answer?
So, arsenic wouldn't enter into your answer?
Spending the weekend with you wasn't one of the options.
Miner, where should we host the next Legion World gathering?
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Miner, where should we host the next Legion World gathering?
This question is disqualified on the grounds that it is not inane.
Miner, do you thing CJ and Cobie shared a drunken danced to that "I Kissed a Girl" song in San Diego?
Miner, when LW holds its next gathering at the Republican National Convention, what label tie will you be wearing?

Also what should one yell at the screen when they show the emotional Dubya retrospective film?
Miner, do you thing CJ and Cobie shared a drunken danced to that "I Kissed a Girl" song in San Diego?
Whether I think it happened or not doesn't matter. "Print the Legend", as they say.

Miner, when LW holds its next gathering at the Republican National Convention, what label tie will you be wearing?

Also what should one yell at the screen when they show the emotional Dubya retrospective film?
1) Stax/Volt

2) One should not yell, but join hands with ones neighbor and launch into a version of the Scooby-Doo theme.
OM, Why the theme from Scooby-Doo? And which one?
[b]Miner, where should we host the next Legion World gathering?
This question is disqualified on the grounds that it is not inane.[/b]
What?!?!? In what way is that question... ane?
OM, Why the theme from Scooby-Doo? And which one?
1)Why not?

2)The original, of course.

What?!?!? In what way is that question... ane?
You've been hitting the mind erasers again, haven't you?

Disqualified.
Hey Miner, what was your favorite drink that you sampled in San Diego?

Also, when do we get to see your nifty disappearing act?
Hello Miner

Will anyone ever ask the Right Question?
Hey Miner, what was your favorite drink that you sampled in San Diego?

Also, when do we get to see your nifty disappearing act?
1) I never got any of their names at the time.

2) You don't see it. That's the point.

Originally posted by Gary Concord, an Ultra Man:
Will anyone ever ask the [b]Right Question?[/b]
Signs point to "Are you kidding?"
Miner, what LMBP villains should crash Cobie's wedding?
Miner, what dead celebrities should crash Cobie's wedding?
Miner, what baby-mamas of his should crash Cobie's wedding?
OM, How late are you open?
Miner, what LMBP villains should crash Cobie's wedding?
All of them.

Miner, what dead celebrities should crash Cobie's wedding?
All of them.

Miner, what baby-mamas of his should crash Cobie's wedding?
All of them.

OM, How late are you open?
No soup for you.
Miner, when you ask for a triple at SHAKES, and they give it to you as a three-fer, would you then be getting a 'Niner for Miner'?
OM, What can I do for you today?
Are you any relation to the Miner 49er on Scooby Doo?
Miner, any sage advice for MMB newcomer Titan Lad (aside from "run as fast as you can!")?
Miner, any chance of a bromance between you and Space Ranger?
Does life get any better than this?
Originally posted by Jailbait Lass:
Miner, when you ask for a triple at SHAKES, and they give it to you as a three-fer, would you then be getting a 'Niner for Miner'?
How long did it take you to think this up?

OM, What can I do for you today?
Quit posting in "Kill This Thread II".

Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
Are you any relation to the Miner 49er on Scooby Doo?
No relative of mine would ever be beaten by a bunch of meddling kids and their cowardly mutt.
Miner, any sage advice for MMB newcomer Titan Lad (aside from "run as fast as you can!")?
Not really, no.

I assume you're asking on his behalf because he's already catatonic.

Originally posted by SharkLad:
Miner, any chance of a bromance between you and Space Ranger?
No. Bromides, on the other hand...

Does life get any better than this?
Better than answering inane questions posed by you lot? I certainly hope so.

(PS: Thanks again for the alcohol funding at SD!)
OM, in a battle between Karate Kid and Keith Giffen, who would you want to win?
OM, how many woodchucks could you chuck?
OM, what's your favorite Elvis song?
Miner, do bugs pee? And if so, does it hurt when you pee?
OM, in a battle between Karate Kid and Keith Giffen, who would you want to win?
Well, given that Karate Kid is a much-beloved fan favorite who was possibly the first Legion member to be given a genuine personality (by Jim Shooter) and that his and Projectra's courtship and marriage is also remembered very fondly by Legion fandom, I have to go with Giffen.
OM, how many woodchucks could you chuck?
All of them. Just let the little bleeders try something.
OM, what's your favorite Elvis song?
Can't really pick just one.

You can't beat the Sun records stuff, though the early RCA material has its strengths as well.

Despite the high concentration of bilge in The King's recorded legacy, there's enough amazing stuff to justify that nickname.
OM, Who has asked the most inane question so far?
Miner, do bugs pee? And if so, does it hurt when you pee?
You're a bit too fixated on this topic, don't you think?
OM, Who has asked the most inane question so far?
The most inane question of all is always the one I'm dealing with at the moment.

So, Congratulations!
OM, what does Arm Fall Off Boy win for asking the most inane question so far?
OM, what does Arm Fall Off Boy win for asking the most inane question so far?
Nothing, since there's now a new winner.

Congratulations!
Miner, who's got what it takes?
Miner, who's got what it takes?
I do.

I've got everything I've taken, anyway.
Miner, is having an incurable superiority complex a bad thing?
[b]OM, what does Arm Fall Off Boy win for asking the most inane question so far?
Nothing, since there's now a new winner.

Congratulations! [/b]
So what do I win?
Where is Outdoor Miner, Outdoor Miner?
That's a really good question. Bug hasn't posted in over a month! eek
It's like he's daring Vee to pass him in the postcount... hmmm
Outdoor Miner, what if God was one of us?
Ohmygod! Mr Outdoor Miner, are you gonna sign this credit card slip from Ordinance R'Us or not?
Could you have had a V8?
Where have you been, Miner?
That's a good question. He hasn't posted since last August.
Ohmygod! Mr Outdoor Miner is back, so now we can like get our questions answered and junk like that!
I believe you have to phrase that in the form of a question.

I'm still going to ignore it, but rules are rules.
Are you EG's alt? Or is EG your alt?
Do you know how delightful it is to see you back here?
Is your reputation deserved? Or is it merely the result of savvy marketing?
OK, fine. You lot win.

Now, where were we? Ah, yes. This little gem.....

Originally posted by LardLad:
Miner, is having an incurable superiority complex a bad thing?
In your case, it's probably fatal.

So what do I win?
A lifetime supply of Inane One-Word Posts.

Where is Outdoor Miner, Outdoor Miner?
Sleeping it off.

Outdoor Miner, what if God was one of us?
I'd likely be nicer to you all, for starters.
Ohmygod! Mr Outdoor Miner, are you gonna sign this credit card slip from Ordinance R'Us or not?
Uh, yeah, sure.

<Signs it "Cobalt Kid".>

Originally posted by Yk:
Could you have had a V8?
No, but I did get 4 V-2s.

(sniff)

Where have you been, Miner?
I've been here. I've been there.

I've been drivin' all night, my hands wet on the wheel.

I've been thru the desert on a horse with no name.

I've been a long gone daddy in the USA.

I've been everywhere, man.

But I've never been to me.

Originally posted by cleome:
Are you EG's alt? Or is EG your alt?
We're all Pov. You too.

Do you know how delightful it is to see you back here?
Yes.

Yes, I do.

Is your reputation deserved? Or is it merely the result of savvy marketing?
If you're really lucky, I'll stick around and you can see for yourself.
What can we do to make you stick around?
And have you ever been mellow?
OM, my neighbour with the $4,000 speakers keeps playing Dark Side of the Moon over and over. What should I do?
Why? Why? Why do I enjoy pestering you with inane questions so much, Outdoor Miner?

Is something missing in my life, or am I actually an inane pest?
What can we do to make you stick around?
I will be providing a list of demands shortly.

Or not.

And have you ever been mellow?
I have never been mellow.

I have not even relaxed since June of '94.

OM, my neighbour with the $4,000 speakers keeps playing Dark Side of the Moon over and over. What should I do?
Get a huge TV or movie screen and run Wizard of Oz with the sound off.

Why? Why? Why do I enjoy pestering you with inane questions so much, Outdoor Miner?

Is something missing in my life, or am I actually an inane pest?
Evidently something was missing from your life, as I was gone for the better part of the year. Make sure never to tell me what you did to cope with my absence.
Will you change your name to "Everyday Miner" so you'll be here every day?
And how have things been outdoors? (I'm a bit worried, myself.)
OK, I've gotta ask . . . what happened in June '94 to make you so uptight? The reboot, perhaps?
Will you change your name to "Everyday Miner" so you'll be here every day?
Only if you change your name to "Arm Fall Out Boy". And probably not even then.

And how have things been outdoors? (I'm a bit worried, myself.)
Hot, wet, and a few other words likely to show up in R. Kelly songs.

OK, I've gotta ask . . . what happened in June '94 to make you so uptight? The reboot, perhaps?
Now, why did you have to go and bring Zero Hour into this? I thought we were friends.
If you despise the reboot, why use Gates as your avatar? confused
Are you really an insect or are you like all those aliens on Star Trek who just so happen to look like humans, but are in reality completely different?
If you despise the reboot, why use Gates as your avatar? confused
I never said I despised the reboot. I quite liked it. But it does remind me of Zero Hour, which I disliked immensely.

Are you really an insect or are you like all those aliens on Star Trek who just so happen to look like humans, but are in reality completely different?
Yes.

Amazing how we all happen to speak English, isn't it?
Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day?
[b]If you despise the reboot, why use Gates as your avatar? confused
I never said I despised the reboot. I quite liked it. But it does remind me of Zero Hour, which I disliked immensely. [/b]
My apologies, then. Still friends?
Were you ever a fan of "Hee Haw", Miner?
OM What can Karate Kid do to even the score with Kieth Giffen?
Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day?
Yes, but psychologists discovered this was causing self esteem issues in the other meals, so it isn't mentioned much anymore.

[b]
[b]If you despise the reboot, why use Gates as your avatar? confused
I never said I despised the reboot. I quite liked it. But it does remind me of Zero Hour, which I disliked immensely. [/b]
My apologies, then. Still friends?[/b]
Of course.

But I'm watching you.

Were you ever a fan of "Hee Haw", Miner?
No, but several family members were.

I appreciate it more now since it provided steady work for Buck Owens, a true innovator in country music.

OM What can Karate Kid do to even the score with Kieth Giffen?
Become an editor at DC.

You can't die in the comics if the pages don't leave your desk.
Do you own a spice rack? If so, do the spice labels have words, pictures, or both?
My cat has this question for you, Miner:

Meow?
Miner, I saw an Italian movie with a music teacher playing a theremin and wondered, did you ever get a theremin?
Miner, is it proper to eat asparagus with one's fingers?
Do you own a spice rack? If so, do the spice labels have words, pictures, or both?
The only spices used in the Miner household are garlic and Tabasco, so no.

My cat has this question for you, Miner:

Meow?
Well, that's an interesting one.

Tell Mittens that I would go with C-4 as it's very stable and very malleable, which is important for someone without opposable thumbs. A detonator will be required, but that should be easy enough to obtain. Also let it know that just burning it will produce toxic fumes, which may accomplish the job while drawing less attention and leaving the property intact.
Miner, I saw an Italian movie with a music teacher playing a theremin and wondered, did you ever get a theremin?
No, and with everything coming up, it looks like I won't for a while.

*Sigh*

Miner, is it proper to eat asparagus with one's fingers?
Sure, but you would be better off using ranch dressing.
Why do birds sing so gay?

Why do lovers await the break of the day?

Why do fools fall in love? And can only fools fall in love?
Outdoor Minor, in order to determine whether or not you're cuckoo bananas, what do you see when you look at the following images?

image 1
[Linked Image]
image 2
[Linked Image]
image 3
[Linked Image]
Why do birds sing so gay?

Why do lovers await the break of the day?

Why do fools fall in love? And can only fools fall in love?
Look, if you want to revive this thread just go ahead and do it.
Outdoor Minor, in order to determine whether or not you're cuckoo bananas, what do you see when you look at the following images?

image 1
[Linked Image]
Cthulhu at his high school graduation.

image 2
[Linked Image]
A page from Frank Quitely's Kama Sutra

image 3
[Linked Image]
A cigar.
Miner, what would be considered too perverse even for Pov?
Miner, what are you giving EDE for a wedding present?
Miner, if you could host any game show (current or vintage), which one would you choose?
A simple "yes" or "no", have you stopped beating your wife?
Miner, WTF?
Miner, what would be considered too perverse even for Pov?
Spending valuable free time answering inane questions.

Miner, what are you giving EDE for a wedding present?
I won't be singing at the ceremony.

Miner, if you could host any game show (current or vintage), which one would you choose?
You Bet Your Life. It's like it was made for me.

A simple "yes" or "no", have you stopped beating your wife?
You have spent way too much time at the Hannity boards.

Miner, WTF?
Yeah, Quis' posts do that to me too.
Miner, what's up with Iris West Allen and her recent unexplained de-aging?
Miner:

Re: Raspberry jam:

With seeds or without?
OM:

Would a cape AND with a beehive hairdo be too flamboyant worn to an afternoon wedding reception?
Ah, yes, the price I have to pay for posting here...

Originally posted by Lardi the Incorruptible:
Miner, what's up with Iris West Allen and her recent unexplained de-aging?
It's comics, man. You'll get a migraine asking yourself these questions.

But if I had to hazard a guess, it's that Barry Allen is getting a book again and as the romantic interest, Iris is thusly required to be younger and hotter.
Miner:

Re: Raspberry jam:

With seeds or without?
Oh, yeah, "Raspberry jam". I getcha.

No seeds. And your "raspberry jam" shouldn't have stems either.
OM:

Would a cape AND with a beehive hairdo be too flamboyant worn to an afternoon wedding reception?
Depends on whose reception this is.

If it's Prince's or Howard Stern's, you're underdressed.
What should be done about Glenn Beck?
Where do you stand on the gourmet salt issue, Miner?
If we were the Donner Party and you were really, really hungry, which of us do you think would taste best?
Miner, how do you solve a problem like Maria?
Miner, if you could be appointed as one of the President's czars, which industry or aspect of the economy would you like to oversee?
What should be done about Glenn Beck?
Nothing.

If Glenn Beck is what America wants, then Glenn Beck is what America deserves.

Though if he has a message board, I think you should start posting there.
Where do you stand on the gourmet salt issue, Miner?
I am and shall remain Undecided until someone on either side of this issue cuts me a check. And it clears.
If we were the Donner Party and you were really, really hungry, which of us do you think would taste best?
The ones unfortunate enough to have named themselves after meaty animals.
Miner, how do you solve a problem like Maria?
With a restraining order and an extensive security system.

Also, shotguns are notoriously effective.
Miner, if you could be appointed as one of the President's czars, which industry or aspect of the economy would you like to oversee?
This would have to be an all-ages board, wouldn't it?

I would like to oversee the entertainment industry, if for no other reason than the opportunity to dismantle Clear Channel or whatever it's calling itself now.
[b]What should be done about Glenn Beck?
Nothing.

If Glenn Beck is what America wants, then Glenn Beck is what America deserves.

Though if he has a message board, I think you should start posting there. [/b]
Isn't it enough that I'm registered on the Sean Hannity message board?
Isn't it enough that I'm registered on the Sean Hannity message board?
To me, no.

To the Overseers of Purgatory, probably.
Miner,

Do chicken-birds ever build their nests on mountain tops?
Miner,

Can we really blame it all on the Bossa Nova?
bump
This thread will pursue me to my grave.....

Miner,

Do chicken-birds ever build their nests on mountain tops?
Not since they went condo in the late '80s.

Miner,

Can we really blame it all on the Bossa Nova?
No, it was a frame-up job by Eydie Gorme, who you really can blame it all on.
This thread will pursue me to my grave.....

What do you want on your tombstone?
[b]This thread will pursue me to my grave.....

What do you want on your tombstone?[/b]
Anchovies and pineapple.
Outdoor Miner, if you and Quiz announce your intentions to get married in a big, fancy ceremony on a yacht off the coast of Ibiza, then where would you two love birds be registered?
Outdoor Miner, if you and Quiz announce your intentions to get married in a big, fancy ceremony on a yacht off the coast of Ibiza, then where would you two love birds be registered?
Arkham.
What would you do about the Gulf Oil Spill?
What would you do about the Gulf Oil Spill?
Announce the formation of a committee to look into preventing future incidents, launch a massive advertising campaign to link the company name to buzzterms like "safety" and "concern for the environment", and make sure not to raise our prices any more than the other guys.

(That's what you meant, right?)
OM, where do you stand on the issue of boob windows?
Originally posted by Officer Taylor:
OM, where do you stand on the issue of boob windows?
Wherever I can get a clear view.
Outdoor Miner, thus far, based on our inane interrogation of you, we're pretty sure you're NOT a spambot. But, just to put any remaining doubts to rest, which of the following image arouses you most?

A.
[Linked Image]

or

B.
[Linked Image]
Outdoor Miner, thus far, based on our inane interrogation of you, we're pretty sure you're NOT a spambot. But, just to put any remaining doubts to rest, which of the following image arouses you most?
B.

I actually have a chance of getting the sandwich.
Outdoor Miner:

Whodunnit?

Who stole my baby?

Whodunnit?

Everybody in the room looks shady...
Outdoor Miner:

Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Bull Moose Party?
Outdoor Miner:

Whodunnit?

Who stole my baby?

Whodunnit?

Everybody in the room looks shady...
Well, this is certainly a bedside mystery if i've ever seen one.

And as such, I'm going to sleep on it.
Outdoor Miner:

Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Bull Moose Party?
No, but I did join the Flying Squirrel Party for a few years.

I was an idealist, and the dissolution of the party was a blow. A Fractured Fairytale, if you will.
Continuing with politics, what do you know about the Know Nothing Party?
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Continuing with politics, what do you know about the Know Nothing Party?
I'd love to see them make a comeback. Using exactly the same criteria from the 1850s.
Would that really differentiate them from our present political parties?
Who should be running the country?
Why aren't YOU running the country, OM?
Miner, what kitchen tool or appliance should be electrified that currently isn't?
Would that really differentiate them from our present political parties?
You make my point for me.
Who should be running the country?
Bartenders.

Just remember to tip them every now and again.
Why aren't YOU running the country, OM?
I failed bartending school.
Miner, what kitchen tool or appliance should be electrified that currently isn't?
Well currently in Chez Miner, it's the refrigerator.
Outdoor Miner, what is the density of Legion World?
Outdoor Miner, what is the density of Legion World?
It constantly varies based on the compressibility of the Lard Force.

However, given the surprising number of inane questions recently asked, I expect the overall density to increase by a good few metric tons over the next few days.
Damn, you're a breath of fresh (yet sarcastic) air, Miner! Can you promise us you'll be around a long time with no disappearances likely?
Damn, you're a breath of fresh (yet sarcastic) air, Miner! Can you promise us you'll be around a long time with no disappearances likely?
I can promise that, sure....
Where should I go on my vacation?
Outdoor Miner, who doesn't belong in the following lineup and why?

A) Fruit Pie the Magician

B) Twinkie the Kid

C) Elton John

D) Captain Cupcake
Miner,
What was it like back in your Vaudeville days?
Where should I go on my vacation?
I plugged the phrase "Vacation spot for Quislet, Esq." into Google and the first location to be mentioned was Culver City, CA.

Have fun.
Outdoor Miner, who doesn't belong in the following lineup and why?

A) Fruit Pie the Magician

B) Twinkie the Kid

C) Elton John

D) Captain Cupcake
Twinkie the Kid. The only one never to spend time in rehab.
Miner,
What was it like back in your Vaudeville days?
I held down the comic role onstage in various acts, so life was pretty much me dealing with a rotating batch of straight men.

Who said Vaudeville was dead?
OM, do you miss me when I'm gone?
OM, What's it all about?
OM, what is the most pretentious thing you've ever heard (or hard of)?
OM, do you miss me when I'm gone?
Um, sure.

The place just isn't the same without whoever you are.
OM, What's it all about?
Me.

This should be obvious to you by now.
Originally posted by Kent:
OM, what is the most pretentious thing you've ever heard (or hard of)?
It's hard to narrow it down to just one thing, but let's start with this .
OM, based solely on how you perceive them, what would be better screen names for each of following posters? -

Quislet, Esq Jr
Cobalt Kid
MLLASH
Eric Davis Ester
Kent
Outdoor Miner,

Who put the "I" in "satisfy"?
Who put the "oo" in "boo-hoo-hoo"?
Who put the smoke in the three-alarm fire?
Who'd put the hex on a girl like me?
Who put the sting on the honey bee?
So, how blasphemous is this ?
OM, based solely on how you perceive them, what would be better screen names for each of following posters? -

Quislet, Esq Jr
Cobalt Kid
MLLASH
Eric Davis Ester
Kent
Inane one-word legal guy.
Co Alt Id
Poser
Nelly Cap Proggie
Post Horta
Outdoor Miner,

Who put the "I" in "satisfy"?
Who put the smoke in the three-alarm fire?
Who'd put the hex on a girl like me?
Who put the sting on the honey bee?
Look, you don't say anything to Mr. Cleome, I don't say anything to Mr. Cleome.
So, how blasphemous is this ?
It's only blasphemy if no one gets paid.
OM, why am I so stoopid? laugh
[snip]

Look, you don't say anything to Mr. Cleome, I don't say anything to Mr. Cleome.
rotflmao
Originally posted by Power Boy:
OM, why am I so stoopid? laugh
Well, for starters, you chose to post in a thread where I do little but insult people who ask me questions.
OM, Who is Quislet, Esq Jr? Do I have a son that I don't know about? Seeing as I have never been with a woman, how would that be possible?
OM, has Quis been cloned?
OM, Who is Quislet, Esq Jr? Do I have a son that I don't know about? Seeing as I have never been with a woman, how would that be possible?
Dude, this is Legion World. There are dozens of ways you could end up having a child without you even being aware of it.

OM, has Quis been cloned?
Like this one.

No, HWW, I don't think Quis has been cloned. But no doubt there are any number of Alt Ids out there waiting to prove me wrong.
OM, What is an AltID?
OM, how should we celebrate the Fourth of July?
OM, why don't I like to clean? why?
OM, does this computer monitor make my butt look big?
OM, do you sometimes see this thread is now at 29+ pages and think "damn you Cobie for starting this stupid thread"? Or are your thoughts much more viscous?
OM, do you think Cobie means viscous or vicious?
OM, What is an AltID?
Ask Space Ranger the next time he shows up.
OM, how should we celebrate the Fourth of July?
By leaving gifts of snacks and booze and DVDs outside my door.

But very quietly, because I'll be sleeping in.
OM, why don't I like to clean? why?
Because inside you know it's wrong.

Embrace your inner slob.
OM, does this computer monitor make my butt look big?
No.

All that cellulite does.
OM, do you sometimes see this thread is now at 29+ pages and think "damn you Cobie for starting this stupid thread"? Or are your thoughts much more viscous?
Legion World lacks the graemlins to express how I truly feel about this thread having lasted this long.

OM, do you think Cobie means viscous or vicious?
I've given up trying to work out what goes on in his head. It's healthier that way.
Outdoor Miner, who is worse? A Legion Worlder who won't acknowledge the existence of HIS VERY OWN CHILDREN, or one who'd rather take things to a whole other level rather than admit making a mistake?
Miner,

Stuffing, or potatoes?
OM, What would you want to be remembered for?
OM< what do you want to be forgotten for?
Outdoor Miner, who is worse? A Legion Worlder who won't acknowledge the existence of HIS VERY OWN CHILDREN, or one who'd rather take things to a whole other level rather than admit making a mistake?
You know how cops hate to get involved with domestic stuff? Me too.

That said, you've got a decent episode of "Maury" on your hands here.
Miner,

Stuffing, or potatoes?
Tequila.
OM, What would you want to be remembered for?
My generous contributions to charity and education.

I haven't made any, but I'd like to remembered for that just the same.
OM< what do you want to be forgotten for?
Guess.
OM, who killed Harlowe Thrombey?
OM, Who ya gonna call?
OM, where were you when the Right wing turned out not to be lying its arse off all along?
OM, is there enough basil in the spaghetti sauce?
OM, is there enough spaghetti sauce on Basil?
OM, what would be good name for the Italian restaurant I'm thinking of opening on Legion World?
Miner, what's your favorite Martha Stewart's Living at-home project?
Originally posted by Raging Bull:
OM, who killed Harlowe Thrombey?
If you think Quislet, Esq. is the killer: <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">You fly to Boston to confront Quis with the evidence. He greets you warmly, and the two of you spend a few hours gabbing about comics and Legion World. You put your issues aside and go out for a night on the town. The two of you have a great time.

Tragically, you are slain in the riots following the Celtics' loss to the Lakers in the NBA Finals.

THE END
</span></span>

If you think Fat Cramer is the killer: <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> You fly to Canada to confront Cramer with the evidence. She greets you warmly, and the two of you spend a few hours gabbing about comics and Legion World. You put your issues aside and go out for a night on the town. The two of you have a great time.

Tragically, on the way back to the airport you are set upon and devoured by a pack of rabid moose.

THE END </span></span>

If you think Eryk Davis Ester is the killer: <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">You fly to wherever the hell Ester lives to confront him with the evidence. He greets you warmly, and the two of you spend a few hours gabbing about comics and Legion World. You put your issues aside and go out for a night on the town. The two of you have a great time.

Tragically, on your way back to the airport a meteorite lands on your taxi utterly destroying it and incidently the planet as well.

THE END</span></span>
OM, Who ya gonna call?
If there's someone strange
On your message board
Who ya gonna call?
Quisbusters!

If there's something weird
Happening in Legion World
Who ya gonna call?
Quisbusters!

I ain't afraid of no Quis

Inane One-Word Posts
Running through your head
Who can you call?
Quisbusters!

Playing comics trivia
When you should be in bed
Who ya gonna call?
Quisbusters!

Who ya gonna call?
Quisbusters!
OM, where were you when the Right wing turned out not to be lying its arse off all along?
OK, who are you and what have you done with our Kent?
OM, is there enough basil in the spaghetti sauce?
OM, is there enough spaghetti sauce on Basil?
I really do miss Fawlty Towers.

Anyway, basil is nothing. It's all about the garlic.
OM, would you like one lump or two?
OM, would you like one lump or two?
Don't think I didn't notice you didn't specify what the lump is.

However, you've given me an idea.

OM, what would be good name for the Italian restaurant I'm thinking of opening on Legion World?
One Lump Or Two
Miner, what's your favorite Martha Stewart's Living at-home project?
The Alderson Federal Prison Camp Market Basket
OM, What threads should next be bumped?
OM Why do you bother with these low life cretins?

Why not join my Legion of Evil Minions? I could use a bug of your sarcastic wit and talent...
Miner, have you heard the Good News?
OM, What threads should next be bumped?
Let's start with your wardrobe.
Originally posted by Zardi, the Eternal Man:
OM Why do you bother with these low life cretins?
The entertainment value.

No, I don't believe that one either.

Why not join my Legion of Evil Minions? I could use a bug of your sarcastic wit and talent...
I don't do the "Minion" thing. I run the show or it's no go.
Miner, have you heard the Good News?
This thread's being deleted?
OM, who is your favorite character from these companies:

Fawcett?

Quality?

Charlton?
Originally posted by Zardi, the Eternal Man:
[b]OM Why do you bother with these low life cretins?
The entertainment value.

No, I don't believe that one either.

I don't do the "Minion" thing. I run the show or it's no go. [/b]
OM, Would you want Zardi as your minion?
OM, would you attend a minyan with Zardi?
OM, if Zardi opens a Denny's or any other sort of diner, will you patronize it?
OM, would you ride a minivan with Zardi to Denny's?
OM, who is your favorite character from these companies:

Fawcett?

Quality?

Charlton?
I should disqualify this question because it isn't inane, but I'm happy for the change of pace:

Fawcett - Captain Marvel, Jr. Raboy was genius. Runner up: Captain Marvel

Quality - Plastic Man. Jack Cole was also genius. Runner up: Kid Eternity

Charlton - Blue Beetle. Runner up: Willy Shultz.
OM, Would you want Zardi as your minion?
He would have to pass the IQ and the physical.

I'll need blood samples too. The insurance for minions can be murder.
OM, would you attend a minyan with Zardi?
Only if pizza and beer were involved.

Really good pizza and beer.
OM, if Zardi opens a Denny's or any other sort of diner, will you patronize it?
Sure.

Condescension is my specialty.
OM, would you ride a minivan with Zardi to Denny's?
Look, if you want to revive the "Telephone" game, go to Spaceopoly.
Miner, what's the deal with France and Jerry Lewis, anyway?
Miner, should we fear the Swiss or the Dutch?
OM, If Superman and Mighty Mouse got into a fight, who would win?
OM, would you rather be forced to watch MTV 'The Hills Marathon' or spend an afternoon working at the DMV?
Outdoor Miner, wouldn't it be awesome if Legion World became a RELIGION where we actually worshiped the Legion of Superheroes!?

(and bless you)
Miner,

How do you do it?
Miner, what's the deal with France and Jerry Lewis, anyway?
I believe it wouldn't be too hard to draw a corollary between the rise of the Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis partnership in the late '40s, the needs of post-WW2 audiences to find *something* to laugh along to, and the use (starting in 1947) of LSD as a psychiatric drug.

But as far as the French go, I think they just like control freaks.
Miner, should we fear the Swiss or the Dutch?
I'm more scared of the Feta I've left in the fridge these past few weeks.
OM, If Superman and Mighty Mouse got into a fight, who would win?
Hmm. Toughie.

Mighty Mouse beat the Supes movies with the whole turning back time thing, and he figured out early on that cats were evil.

However "Look! Up in the sky!" is just a little bit cooler than "Here I come to save the day".

Bakshi is hipper than Fleischer.

Both are corporate shills. (Thanks, Apple.)

In the end, though, the mouse was created as a parody of Supes, so Superman gets the edge on points.
OM, would you rather be forced to watch MTV 'The Hills Marathon' or spend an afternoon working at the DMV?
The latter, since "work" seeme to be a relative term at our nearby DMVs.
Outdoor Miner, wouldn't it be awesome if Legion World became a RELIGION where we actually worshiped the Legion of Superheroes!?

(and bless you)
Sure.

The tax benefits alone would be amazing. I wouldn't want to be Paul Levitz during one of our holidays, though.
Miner,

How do you do it?
In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; set aside.

In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.

Beat egg yolks in a medium mixing bowl; add milk and melted butter.

Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients; mix until batter is smooth and stir in blueberries.

Fold in beaten egg whites. Bake on hot greased griddle.
Outdoor Miner

How should i deal with Zardi, now that i'm a nice good guy, instead of a butt kicking sarcastic good guy.
OM, ceremonial sword or plowshare?
OM, what can Justin Bieber do to attract more fans?
Outdoor Miner

How should i deal with Zardi, now that i'm a nice good guy, instead of a butt kicking sarcastic good guy.
Shoot him.

Just not in a butt kicking, sarcastic way.

It's OK: You're the good guy.
OM, ceremonial sword or plowshare?
Guns.

I live in the US, after all.
OM, what can Justin Bieber do to attract more fans?
Have the Jonas Brothers shot.
OM, would you go quail hunting with Dick Cheney?
Miner, who should be slated for death first in the pending New Ice Age: Nickelback, Insane Clown Posse, Blink 182, or The Bloodhound Gang?
OM, would you go quail hunting with Dick Cheney?
Hang on...

Powered armor, check. Force Field Belt, check. Megabolt Torpedo launcher with Auto-lock, check. Neutronic rifle, check. 5, no, 6 frag grenades, check. Hand-held Infra-Red area scanner set to "Quail", needs AAA batteries but check. Heavy Assault Robot Hunting Dog, check. Chewing tobacco, check.

Sure.
Miner, who should be slated for death first in the pending New Ice Age: Nickelback, Insane Clown Posse, Blink 182, or The Bloodhound Gang?
*sigh*

cleome, cleome, cleome....

You still have not gotten a grip on the concept of *mass* executions.
*HIC* OM, got anything to drink? *HIC*
*HIC* OM, got anything to drink? *HIC*
[chugs]

No.
OM, Who is going to win the Oscars this year?
OM, Who is going to win the Oscars this year?
Who will win Oscars in 2010?

I predict "The Hurt Locker" and "Avatar" will get a few each.
OM, who will win Oscars in the year 3010?
OM, who will win Oscars in the year 3010?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that 3010 will finally be the year that comic book movies get the plaudits they deserve, so either Iron Man CCCV or Batman: Forever One More Time will win big.

Meryl Streep is a lock for best actress, though.
OM, What is the secret of Meryl Streep's longevity?
OM, What is the secret of Meryl Streep's longevity?
She can chalk up her career longevity to her willingness to take challenging and interesting roles, as well as an overall likability that just draws people to her.

The stuff about deaging formulas requiring the pineal glands of young male virgins between the ages of 21-25 is just rumor.
Miner, what is the real story with the exponential rise of dead young male virgins in southern California between the ages of 21-25 since the 1980s?
Miner, what is the real story with the exponential rise of dead young male virgins in southern California between the ages of 21-25 since the 1980s?
There are no virgins in southern California. That's an urban myth, like unicorns and Eryk Estrada.
How do you get your answers to post so quickly? Do you have a supercomputer?
Originally posted by Mattropolis:
How do you get your answers to post so quickly? Do you have a supercomputer?
I'm just really, really good.

And to think all that skill is being wasted in this thread...
Is there a high demand for your particular talents?
Is there a high demand for your particular talents?
I have regular high-paying gigs throughout the Multiverse.

Note: Never take any jobs on the Earth where you are paid only in Full House DVDs.
Do you need an assistant?
Will you go to Big Planet (Georgetown), get my comics and bring them to my office Wednesday?
OM, What Hollywood star would you want to give a massage to?
Outdoor Miner, would I look silly if I ran outside and attempted to bottle some of this pretty fog and save it for later?
I wonder if you thought about going into business selling bottled fog?
Do you need an assistant?
Yes, actually. Here's a draft of the ad I'm placing:

"ASSISTANT NEEDED - Multiversal-famous troubleshooter is seeking individual to aide in various dimension-spanning activities. Responsibilities include bookkeeping, website maintenance, and shooting at things from beyond space and time. Some travel required. Must not be xenophobic. Must not have evil alternate universe counterpart. Must be Famke Janssen."

Good luck!
Will you go to Big Planet (Georgetown), get my comics and bring them to my office Wednesday?
Counter offer: I go to Big Planet (College Park), get my comics, and thoroughly enjoy them.
OM, What Hollywood star would you want to give a massage to?
This one.
Outdoor Miner, would I look silly if I ran outside and attempted to bottle some of this pretty fog and save it for later?
Yes.

Very much so.

Hope you did it anyway.
I wonder if you thought about going into business selling bottled fog?
Not since my shop selling atonal apples, amplified heat, and Sturat's collection of dog legs and feet was shut down by local authorities.
Miner, was there ever really a true story in the papers about a man biting a dog, rather than vice versa?
Miner, was there ever really a true story in the papers about a man biting a dog, rather than vice versa?
Yes.

But they appear to have come well after the phrase "man bites dog" was first used.

So while your question isn't inane, the journalism may well be.
Miner, if Ben and/or Jerry hired you to name their THREE new flavors of ice cream, what would you name them?
Miner, did we really need the Gulf of Mexico, really? Wasn't it expendable, given the sheer amount of useless salt water in the world already?
OM, when should I try out for American Idol?
Miner, if Ben and/or Jerry hired you to name their THREE new flavors of ice cream, what would you name them?
Palin Praline Passion Peace Pop

Foie Gras Fudge Ripple

BP Double Dark Chocolate Gulf Swirl
Miner, did we really need the Gulf of Mexico, really? Wasn't it expendable, given the sheer amount of useless salt water in the world already?
Yeah, I see your point.

We can just pay some grad students to crash hydrogen and oxygen together. No biggie.
OM, when should I try out for American Idol?
Given that the show is probably halfway through its 15th minute, now.
OM, What do you know that we don't know?
OM, other than 42, what is the meaning of life?
OM, Why haven't you answered my question yet?
Miner, is Quislet, Esq. really a Ninja?
Miner, what have you got against Quislet that you won't even answer his question?
Miner why do Cobalt Kid and Chief Taylor hate me?
OM, What do you know that we don't know?
I'd list it all, but the board's having enough problems with server load time as it is.
When do I get to sing my way?
OM, other than 42, what is the meaning of life?
I could tell you, but that's too easy.

Instead, I've hidden it in one of my MMB posts. Happy hunting!
OM, Why haven't you answered my question yet?
You can't handle the truth.
[b]OM, Why haven't you answered my question yet?
You can't handle the truth. [/b]
What is truth?
Is truth unchanging law?
We both have truths
Are mine the same as yours?
Outdoor Miner, if an inane questioner doesn't address the question to you personally, can another inane questioner assume it's up for grabs and answer it, possibly usurping your role as Legion World's inane question answering guru?
OM, are you really going to let Ram Boy steal <strike>what little thunder you have?</strike> the glory of being LW's top answerer?
Miner

When will the chicken get his Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart back ?
Miner, is Quislet, Esq. really a Ninja?
Sure.

Send $250 and an SASE to the right place and you can be a Ninja too.
Miner, what have you got against Quislet that you won't even answer his question?
I'd list it all, but the board's having enough problems with server load time as it is.
Originally posted by Sam Pureheart:
Miner why do Cobalt Kid and Chief Taylor hate me?
It's instinctive.

I mean, I hate you, and I have no idea who you are.
OM, earlier today I jumped in my Time Bubble and went hunting for brontosaurus.

How do you recommend I cook the meat?
What is truth?
Is truth unchanging law?
We both have truths
Are mine the same as yours?
One absolute and unchanging truth is: One question per post.

Disqualified.
Outdoor Miner, if an inane questioner doesn't address the question to you personally, can another inane questioner assume it's up for grabs and answer it, possibly usurping your role as Legion World's inane question answering guru?
You want the gig? It's all yours.
Miner, if there's only time/funds enough to purchase either cake or a copy of the new Legion comic tomorrow afternoon, which should I pick up?
Miner, if there's only time/funds enough to purchase either cake or a copy of the new Legion comic tomorrow afternoon, which should I pick up?
OK, since it's your birthday you get to jump ahead in line.

And since it's your birthday, you should really do what you think will bring you the most pleasure.

But in my opinion, since the new Legion issue in question features long-lost old-school Legionnaire Tyroc, I go with the cake.
Miner

When will the chicken get his Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart back ?
First let us ponder the thought of a Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Ghost Chicken out searching the universe for its lost heart.

(Hey, it made *me* chuckle.)

Anyway, it gets the heart back when it pays what it owes. Considering the interest accumulated thus far, and the lack of job opportunities for ectoplasmic poultry, I ain't holding my breath.
Miner, where have the flying lemurs gone?
OM, earlier today I jumped in my Time Bubble and went hunting for brontosaurus.

How do you recommend I cook the meat?
For starters, I highly recommend you *not* cook it in the Time Bubble. I've gotten used to this reality.

As for cooking tips, given that the Linear Men are probably looking for you as I type, you're going to want something quick. I suggest some black pepper, a dash of paprika, and the lower settings of your blaster.
Miner, where have the flying lemurs gone?
Well, the flying lemur subsists largely on fruits, flowers, and leaves. Since these aren't major pockets of these on Legion World, it's likely they've all migrated.

Or ded's been screwing around with the Time Bubble again.
OM, What should I ask you now?
OM, What should I ask you now?
Ask not what you can do for your Legion World; ask what you can do for Outdoor Miner.
OM, so what can I do for you?
OM, which Legion Worlder completes the following sequence:

Outdoor Miner
cleome
Outdoor Miner
Outdoor Miner
Rockhopper Lad
Outdoor Miner
Outdoor Miner
Quislet,Esq.
Outdoor Miner
Quislet, Esq.
Ram Boy
????????????
OM, have you ever used a canary for personal protection during your mining activities?
Miner, do you have a comprehensive list of all the things besides chicken that are rumored to "taste like chicken"? Of those, how many have you sampled? Of those you've sampled, how many of them can you vouch for, in terms of chicken-y goodness?
Miner, is it true that Lord of the Flies was based upon your childhood experiences?
Outdoor Miner, can I call you Outie?
OM....when you let let 4 (5 now) questions go by without answer, are you outdoors?
OM....when you let let 4 (5 now) questions go by without answer, are you outdoors?
Technically, I'd been ignoring 7 questions before this, but I don't blame you for not counting Ram Boy.

If by "outdoors" you meant "making a temporary escape from the overwhelming inanity" then yes, I was outdoors.
OM, I am an engineer.

Do you think the inablity to count may hinder me in my career?
OM, what's new for dessert?
Outdoor Miner,

If we define "outdoors" as being outside artificial structures (e.g., houses), then what kind of mining would be done indoors?
So, mellotron app for iphone , coolest thing ever or sign of the coming apocalypse?
Outdoor Miner, if a bunch of singing birds and mice appeared and started hassling you about getting ready for a ball, what would be the best way to handle the situation?
OM, Are we overloading you with questions?
Miner,

Is taking a throat lozenge before singing the choral equivalent of doping?
Outdoor Minor,

Is it easy being green?
OM,

Do you think Matt thinks you're under the age of 18? smile
OM, so what can I do for you?
We can start with a steady supply of sandwiches and beer.

Then I have some threads I want you to....deal with. I hear you're good at that.
OM, what kind of sandwiches do you like?
OM, which Legion Worlder completes the following sequence:
Whichever one has the patience to give it a try.
OM, have you ever used a canary for personal protection during your mining activities?
Are you kidding? A canary couldn't peck its way out of a wet paper bag.

Mining is a tough business. I use trained hawks and falcons.
Miner, is it true that Lord of the Flies was based upon your childhood experiences?
No, that was just an ugly rumor.

Thomas Pynchon clearly read my diary, though.

Why you never sued William S. Burroughs for his wholesale pillaging of your high school days for Naked Lunch, I will never understand.
Miner, do you have a comprehensive list of all the things besides chicken that are rumored to "taste like chicken"? Of those, how many have you sampled? Of those you've sampled, how many of them can you vouch for, in terms of chicken-y goodness?
Yes.

All of them.

I do not "vouch for", I "endorse". If the check clears, I'd be happy to tell you how much like chicken Potted Meat Food Product tastes.
OM, I am an engineer.

Do you think the inablity to count may hinder me in my career?
Not at all.

The main thing an engineer needs to understand is physics. Since nobody really understands physics, including the people who teach it, guys in your position can get away with murder. And often do.
Outdoor Miner, can I call you Outie?
Of course not, don't be ridiculous.

However, you do have my permission to refer to anyone who asks me an inane question as "Huggy Bear" or "The Accursed".
OM, what's new for dessert?
Unfortunately, due to recent developments, dessert is off the table for the Miner.

But chocolate never goes out of style. Ever.
Outdoor Miner,

If we define "outdoors" as being outside artificial structures (e.g., houses), then what kind of mining would be done indoors?
The mining of threads like this one for cheap laughs, for one.
I don't like to keep pestering you, but must know: Why was 40 chosen for the Top 40? Why not 30 or 50?
So, mellotron app for iphone , coolest thing ever or sign of the coming apocalypse?
There's no reason it can't be both. The 'Tron is just that cool, be it used for good or evil.

This is actually the first thing I've heard that might get me to buy one of these things.
Outdoor Miner, if a bunch of singing birds and mice appeared and started hassling you about getting ready for a ball, what would be the best way to handle the situation?
Either chlorine gas or Sarin should handle things nicely.
OM, Are we overloading you with questions?
Any number of questions greater than 0 is overloading in this case.
Mr. Miner, would it be presumptuous of me to congratulate you on FINALLY almost catching up with your duties to the inane questionaires of Legion World?
Miner,

Is taking a throat lozenge before singing the choral equivalent of doping?
Not any more.

They took all the good stuff off the shelves years ago.

I miss Romilar.
Miner,

Can I shoot the protesters? Because of them Starbucks was closed and I didn't have my Saturday Morning Pike Place Blend.
Outdoor Minor,

Is it easy being green?
No.

One has to work long and hard to avoid anything that would give you experience.

OM,

Do you think Matt thinks you're under the age of 18? smile
True story: When Mojo magazine used one of my music recommendations for a column, they made the exact same spelling mistake. And you would think they would have gotten the reference. So I can give Matt a break on this one.
Miner,

Do "McCafe" coffees[sic] and similar abominations finally disprove, once and for all, the existence of God?
I don't like to keep pestering you,
Who are you trying to kid? You love it.

but must know: Why was 40 chosen for the Top 40? Why not 30 or 50?
Probably because 30 and 50 don't equal 40.

(OK. Serious answer: No one is positive, but it probably is taken from the days of the jukebox, which in the '50s generally held about 40 records and the owners of said boxes would fill them with the most popular records in the area. Top 40 radio slots originally meant a broadcast of the records released that week, but eventually adopted a popularity format, which has itself changed over time.)
Mr. Miner, would it be presumptuous of me to congratulate you on FINALLY almost catching up with your duties to the inane questionaires of Legion World?
You say "duties", I say "labors that should grant me time off in Purgatory".
Miner,

Can I shoot the protesters? Because of them Starbucks was closed and I didn't have my Saturday Morning Pike Place Blend.
I would, in most cases, pretend to feel sorry for you for being denied access to precious coffee.

But you go to Starbucks, so, ha.

And no, you may not shoot the protesters. Espceially not with a camera, which is what they want.
Miner,

Do "McCafe" coffees[sic] and similar abominations finally disprove, once and for all, the existence of God?
No.

Three of the four original Ramones are dead. All of the Jimi Hendrix Experience are gone. Half of the Beatles. Miles. Coltrane. Monk. Sandy Denny. Nick Drake. All gone.

Kenny G still walks the Earth.

All the evidence an atheist needs.
Miner,

What's the best non-edible drink garnish?

A) Toy monkeys
B) Paper parasols
C) Toy mermaids
Outdoor Miner, I'm confused! -

"For the big pie auction, Mary baked some of her favorite pies: apple, cherry, blueberry and coconut cream."

Does Mary bake blueberry pies AND coconut cream pies, or is she a loose cannon who bakes her blueberry pies WITH coconut cream!?
Miner,

What's the best non-edible drink garnish?

A) Toy monkeys
B) Paper parasols
C) Toy mermaids
The only good non-edible part of a drink is the glass or bottle that holds the drink itself. All others are useless.
Outdoor Miner, I'm confused! -

"For the big pie auction, Mary baked some of her favorite pies: apple, cherry, blueberry and coconut cream."

Does Mary bake blueberry pies AND coconut cream pies, or is she a loose cannon who bakes her blueberry pies WITH coconut cream!?
She's probably a communist. I bet she uses Splenda instead of proper American sugar too.

That said, if it's an auction, the auctioneer will probably tell you if the pie is plain blueberry like God intended or some weird miscegenation of blueberry/coconut.
OM, What song is stuck in my head?
OM, What song is stuck in my head?
"Midnight at the Oasis" by Maria Muldaur.

Don't worry if it doesn't sound like it; it's a remix.
Miner.

How much rent do you want for that space?
OM, Is it the heat or the humidity?
OM, I think there should be a Project Superpowers / Black Terror thread in Dr. Gym'lls, but there are already too many threads started by me. Don't you think you should start this thread so LW lurkers can get a thrill reading an Outdoor Miner-created thread?
Miner.

How much rent do you want for that space?
If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
OM, Is it the heat or the humidity?
It's the sun.

The sun is the problem and it needs to be stopped before it destroys us all.
OM, I think there should be a Project Superpowers / Black Terror thread in Dr. Gym'lls, but there are already too many threads started by me. Don't you think you should start this thread so LW lurkers can get a thrill reading an Outdoor Miner-created thread?
I think it would be too much for them, like pre-teen girls fainting at Beatles' concerts.

But I will consider your request.
Miner,

Are we being too mean to Cobie?
Miner,

If "mice" is the plural of "mouse" and "lice" the plural of "louse", then why are "hice" and "spice" not the respective plurals of "house" and "spouse"?
Miner,

Are we being too mean to Cobie?
I doo nt unnerstan teh qwestieon.
Miner,

If "mice" is the plural of "mouse" and "lice" the plural of "louse", then why are "hice" and "spice" not the respective plurals of "house" and "spouse"?
Because of the negative connotations of the "ice" ending in our culture.

No one wants to live in something called a "hice", and referring to a loved one as a spice is best done in private if at all.

For further examples, see Bo Bice's career.
Miner, I'm deeply concerned that if I adopt a baby girl, she'll grow up and start dating Mel Gibson. My question is this: If Lizatallulah Cher ever does bring Mel home for dinner in order to meet her two dads, what would be the best way to handle this awkward and uncomfortable situation?
OM, which is your favorite question in this whole thread?
OM, what is your favorite word?
Miner, I'm deeply concerned that if I adopt a baby girl, she'll grow up and start dating Mel Gibson.
This is an understandable concern, and I believe the American Psychiatric Association is working on a name for this as we speak.

My question is this: If Lizatallulah Cher
May I suggest you start saving up money for the kid's self-defense classes now?

ever does bring Mel home for dinner in order to meet her two dads, what would be the best way to handle this awkward and uncomfortable situation?
Slow-acting tranquilizers in the meatloaf would probably work fine.

Presuming you still want Liza Cher to talk to you afterwards, I'd suggest just playing cool and staying on your best behavior and being as polite as possible instead. I also suggest you practice laughing at things that are in no way funny, because Mel will probably try to tell jokes.
OM, which is your favorite question in this whole thread?
You know, there have been so many questions asked in this thread, that picking one would be like picking one's least favorite social disease. You just can't do it.
OM, what is your favorite word?
You are James Lipton and I claim my complete set of Thundercats DVDs.
Miner:

Seedless or seeded grapes?
Miner:

Seedless or seeded grapes?
Seeds are for tournaments.
Miner,

what do you think of the Tex-Mex?
Miner,

Who was the better Darrin: Dick York or Dick Sargent?
Miner,

what do you think of the Tex-Mex?
The Mex is great.

The Tex is just so-so.
Miner,

Who was the better Darrin: Dick York or Dick Sargent?
Entire intergalactic civilizations have destroyed themselves fighting over this question, Sharky. Offering an opinion on this in public can get you killed in certain parts of the universe. I'm staying well out of it.

That said, I believe there's an alternate universe where the part was played by Dick Cheney and Dick Gregory.
OM, should I get a tattoo?
OM, should I get a tattoo?
Only if you can put up with someone following you around 24/7 shouting "Boss! De Plane!".

It's not easy, believe me.
OM, what if we run out of beer?
OM, who is cuter, Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner?
OM, who is better in bed, Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner?
Miner, if you could place this thread on a silver platter and present it to another Legion Worlder as a token of your "Esteem," who would that person be?
OM, what if we run out of beer?
We. Can. NOT. Run. Out. Of. Beer.

Fortunately Matt's getting a Tattoo, so we can send him out for more.
Miner, why does it take you so long to answer these questions?
OM, who is cuter, Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner?
OM, who is better in bed, Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner?
Miner, if you could place this thread on a silver platter and present it to another Legion Worlder as a token of your "Esteem," who would that person be?
Anybody who would ask a Twilight quesion in this thread surely qualifies.
OM, What is this Twilight you talk about?
OM, Will I be forgiven if i forgot the beer?
Miner, why does it take you so long to answer these questions?
Tell me you wouldn't take time off if you had these questions to deal with.
OM, which is worse, the second circle of hell or having to answer all these questions?
OM, where is my matching sock... you know, that black one with the tiny blue dots?
OM, how should i procrastinate?
OM, what do you think?
OM, What is this Twilight you talk about?
The Twilight *I* talk about is the time of day before the sunrise or after the sunset.

There is no sparkling.
OM, Will I be forgiven if i forgot the beer?
No.

You will be taken out and shot at twilight.
OM, why do we drive on the parkway and park in the driveway?
OM, AHA!

If you and I switched bodies for 24 hours and you had the chance to ask YOURSELF (actually, me..but still you) an inane question, what inane question would I (or you) ask yourself (who would be me) AND how would you answer me (who's really you)?
OM, what is the most annoying commercial on TV?
OM, do you suppose Quis really wears bright, bright purple ties with Peter Pan collars?
OM, which is worse, the second circle of hell or having to answer all these questions?
At least people in the second circle of hell know what they did to earn their torment.
Originally posted by Exnihil:
OM, where is my matching sock... you know, that black one with the tiny blue dots?
We sold it for beer money.
OM, when will you kick it up a notch?
I'll get back to you on that one.
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
OM, what do you think?
I think that dress makes you look fat.
OM, when will you be promoted to "Indoor Major"?
OM, why do we drive on the parkway and park in the driveway?
To get to the other side.
OM, have you ever thought about trying to escape?
OM, do you suppose Quis really wears bright, bright purple ties with Peter Pan collars?
I assume everyone looks like their avatars.

You have my condolences.
OM,

Is he really just not that into me?
OM, why do you do the voodoo that you do?
OM, why did you ignore my question?
OM, why did you ignore my question?
I'm taking these in whatever order I feel like.

Rest assured, you're inane question will eventually be given all the consideration it deserves.
OM,

<span style="font-size: 35px;">?</span>
Miner, can I smack that idiot college professor who said that a woman couldn't possibly have written Frankenstein?
Still working on it. Hang in there.
OM, what is the most annoying commercial on TV?
I watch so little TV that I couldn't begin to answer this one.

But in Cincinnati, I saw a remake of an ad for a dog treat that has bacon flavor. The original's a classic for people who like that sort of thing because of the part where the dog goes "I Can't Read!" The new ad has the most annoying voice ever for the dog.

Also, special credit for every ad featuring a celeb who likely doesn't need the money.
OM, AHA!

If you and I switched bodies for 24 hours and you had the chance to ask YOURSELF (actually, me..but still you) an inane question, what inane question would I (or you) ask yourself (who would be me) AND how would you answer me (who's really you)?
The Walrus was Paul.
OM, when will you kick it up a notch?
Don't tempt me.
OM, what should people be doing to be be cool, hip and/or happenin' these days?
OM, have you ever thought about trying to escape?
Why, yes.

But Sartre was right.
OM,

Is he really just not that into me?
No.

He's just playing completely impossible to get.
OM, what do you do to stay awake all night?
OM, what do you do to stay awake all night?
I don't sleep.
OM, why do fools fall in love?
I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
OM, what should people be doing to be be cool, hip and/or happenin' these days?
They should not ask about being promoted to "Indoor Major", for starters.
OM, why do you do the voodoo that you do?
Because those pins really hurt otherwise.
Miner, is it true?
Miner, is it true?
Yes.

Kent really is a 55-year old East German housewife with an unhealthy interest in numerology and Hot Topic franchises.
bump

Miner, can I smack that idiot college professor who said that a woman couldn't possibly have written Frankenstein?
Miner, does this question need more inanity before you can answer it? If so, how much more?
bump

[b] Miner, can I smack that idiot college professor who said that a woman couldn't possibly have written Frankenstein?
Miner, does this question need more inanity before you can answer it? If so, how much more?[/b]
No, it was perfectly inane as it was.

I was just trying to save you from the assault charge that would inevitably arise if you had followed through on your eminently justified smackdown.
Miner,

Is there anyone here you'd like to hear from who has yet to pester you with an inane question?
OM, why do fools fall in love?
You've hopefully realized by now that you've answered your own question.
Miner, what does it take?
OM, how many roads must a man walk down?

and on a related note....would it make a difference to the number if the man walked up the road?
OM, as one familiar with chickens, would you rent your space to Frank Perdue?
Also, do you mind if I rent this space to ask Deddy a question?
I'm sure you won't (just send me the bill), so here's the question:

Is "going down the road" also a Newfoundland expression for heading west?
Miner,

Why do Bostonians go "Up New Hampshire" and "Down the Cape", but "Down to Maine" (especially considering that Maine is north of Boston)?
Miner,

Which is more pointless: libraries named after anti-intellectual politicians, top 40 music charts, or light beer?
FC, nope thats not what it means.
But back in NL, when going somewhere it is always up the road or down the road. And there doesn't seem to be any pattern as to which way is which.
Miner,

ChameleonBoy Orange or White Cheddar? WhiteWitch
Miner,

Is there anyone here you'd like to hear from who has yet to pester you with an inane question?
Well, there's a rumor that Paul Levitz monitors the board....
Miner,

Why do Bostonians go "Up New Hampshire" and "Down the Cape", but "Down [b]to
Maine" (especially considering that Maine is north of Boston)? [/b]
Technically the phrase is "Down East" not "Down to Maine"
What is the best way to go if you are driving from Providence, RI to EL Paso, TX?
Miner, what does it take?
More than you've got.
OM, how many roads must a man walk down?
Twelve.

Two of them must be in the Bronx. Another is in Aberdeen but can only be walked at dusk.

and on a related note....would it make a difference to the number if the man walked up the road?
Yes. You subtract one from the total, plus Joan Baez tries to date you.
OM, as one familiar with chickens, would you rent your space to Frank Perdue?
Maybe.

Given as he died in 2005, I would have to insist he pay in advance.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that whole "familiar with chickens" thing, btw.
Miner,

Which is more pointless: libraries named after anti-intellectual politicians, top 40 music charts, or light beer?
None of those are pointless. Libraries still have books. Music charts still record the popularity of songs for future generations. Light beers provide people with certain medical conditions with the opportunity to get as drunk as the rest of us.

Which means that the answer is still: this thread. So there.
Miner,

ChameleonBoy Orange or White Cheddar? WhiteWitch
Monterey Jack.
[b]Miner,

None of those are pointless. Libraries still have books. Music charts still record the popularity of songs for future generations. Light beers provide people with certain medical conditions with the opportunity to get as drunk as the rest of us.

Which means that the answer is still: this thread. So there. [/b]
OM, couldn't Kent's question be read as libraries named after anti-intellectual politicians, libraries named after top 40 music charts, and libraries named after light beer and if read that way would it change your answer?
What is the best way to go if you are driving from Providence, RI to EL Paso, TX?
Quietly in your sleep, just like on any other route.

Try to steer yourself off the road first, though.
bump

OM,

Does your shirt collar button in the back?

OM,

Does your shirt collar button in the back?
Only when I'm attaching a cape in tribute to fashion icon Rick Wakeman.

Otherwise, collars are for cops.
OM,

Did you think that the Dear cleome thread would let this thread go quietly in the night?
OM,

Did you think that the Dear cleome thread would let this thread go quietly in the night?
I had hoped against hope, yes.

But like it was foretold in Babylon 5, going quietly in the night just means you run into the Shadows.
Quick!

Did Marie Antoinette ever do any of the following?

A) utter the phrase, "Let them eat cake!"

B) outlaw cookies

C) eat penguin burgers
Quick!

Did Marie Antoinette ever do any of the following?

A) utter the phrase, "Let them eat cake!"

B) outlaw cookies

C) eat penguin burgers
No to all three.

She did, however, invent the tabloid, the modern suburb, and Texas Hold 'Em poker.
OM,

Which book should I read next: The Family; Charlie Chan: the untold story of the honorable detective and his rendezvous with American history; or Guns, Germs, and Steel?
OM,

Which book should I read next: The Family; Charlie Chan: the untold story of the honorable detective and his rendezvous with American history; or Guns, Germs, and Steel?
I suggest the Burroughs/Gysin approach: Cut out the words in each book, mix them up randomly, and construct your own epic tome from the paper.

This is even more fun if you borrow the books from the library.
OM,

Do you foresee peace in our lifetime between the apples and the oranges?
Does this thong make me look fat?
Miner,
how much are you willing to pay me to lock and/or delete this thread?
OM, If you do pay Kent to lock this thread, how much would I have to pay him to unlock it?
OM,

Do you foresee peace in our lifetime between the apples and the oranges?
Only when they join forces to oppose the strawberries.

Which is playing right into the hands of the grapes.
Does this thong make me look fat?
No.

But next time put it on before you ask.
Miner,
how much are you willing to pay me to lock and/or delete this thread?
I can't afford you.

OM, If you do pay Kent to lock this thread, how much would I have to pay him to unlock it?
Probably nothing, since you're a mod here too.
OM:

Do questions lose their inanity on the bedpost overnight?
Outdoor Miner,

Now that you have some competition from the much classier "Ask cleome" advice thread, are you going to put forth more of an effort in answering our questions in a timely and (one would hope) more elegant manner?
OM:

Do questions lose their inanity on the bedpost overnight?
Having just taken a peek at page one, I would have to say no.

In fact, they seem to gather more inanity over time, like a cheese, but with less active intelligence.
Miner,

If a train leaves Chicago at 11:35 a.m., Central Time, traveling at 45 miles per hour, and another train leaves Detroit at 12:41 p.m., Eastern Time, traveling at 40 miles per hour, and the Thurston and Lovey Howell were on board the first train, how many cars would it take to hold their luggage?
Any post now, really.
OM, if Cloud Strife and Squall Leonhart were to get in a fight, would final fantasy fanboys heads explode?

If yes, can we arrange said fight and youtube it?
Outdoor Miner,

Now that you have some competition from the much classier "Ask cleome" advice thread, are you going to put forth more of an effort in answering our questions in a timely and (one would hope) more elegant manner?
Please.

When you're #1, you don't have to try it all. Just look at Marvel.
Miner,

If a train leaves Chicago at 11:35 a.m., Central Time, traveling at 45 miles per hour, and another train leaves Detroit at 12:41 p.m., Eastern Time, traveling at 40 miles per hour, and the Thurston and Lovey Howell were on board the first train, how many cars would it take to hold their luggage?
I'm sorry, but Professor Layton only solves on Nintendo DS.
OM, if Cloud Strife and Squall Leonhart were to get in a fight, would final fantasy fanboys heads explode?

If yes, can we arrange said fight and youtube it?
Counter idea: We arrange to have them make out.

The Interwebs will kersplode.
OM,

Rhumba or Tango?
OM,

Rhumba or Tango?
Bharatanatyam.
Erin Grey vs. Pamela Hensley?
OM, I am stuck thinking up an inane question. What should I ask you?
OM,

Can you cover for me next weekend?
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Erin Grey vs. Pamela Hensley?
Is there a question in there, or has your obsession heated up again?
OM, I am stuck thinking up an inane question. What should I ask you?
You're going to ask me if it's all right if you cover for cleome next weekend instead of me.

OM,

Can you cover for me next weekend?
No, but I've taken care of it.
Miner,

Whatever happened to Zoot Sputnik? Will we ever see him again?
OM,

Do you think that "hair of the dog" trick really works on hangovers?
OM, When will we ever learn?
Miner,

Whatever happened to Zoot Sputnik? Will we ever see him again?
He remains in hiding after that incident with the Comics Code Authority.

As for whether or not he will return, only his dog knows for sure.
OM,

Do posters here think I'm sexy?
OM,

Do you think that "hair of the dog" trick really works on hangovers?
Not unless "Hair of the dog" is a brand of Scotch I'm unfamiliar with. Which isn't likely.
OM, When will we ever learn?
This thread has now gone 49 pages.

I'm betting never.
OM,

Do posters here think I'm sexy?
No. None of the posters here think you're sexy.

The T-shirts here don't think you're sexy. The pins and badges here don't think you're sexy. The complimentary postcards here don't think you're sexy. There isn't a single piece of LW merchandise that believes you to be even remotely attractive.

Except the sew-on patches, but we think they're defective.
frown
OM,

<span style="font-size: 18px;">Kalamata</span> or <span style="font-size: 18px;">Spanish</span> olives?
OM,

<span style="font-size: 18px;">Kalamata</span> or <span style="font-size: 18px;">Spanish</span> olives?
Whichever does right by the gin. I'm not picky.
OM,

25 or 6 to 4?
OM,

My next door neighbor drops their trash from the third floor to the ground. It is very annoying and for the first one, startling. How much do you think they pay for trash bags so strong that they don't break open from a 2 story drop?
OM,

Why isn't Erin Gray worshipped as a deity?
OM,

Why isn't Erin Gray worshipped as a deity?
Because the word "deity" doesn't do her justice.
OM,

My next door neighbor drops their trash from the third floor to the ground. It is very annoying and for the first one, startling. How much do you think they pay for trash bags so strong that they don't break open from a 2 story drop?
I charge them $7.50 a bag and they had better be dropping them in the AM like we agreed.
Miner,
Who put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp?
Who put the ram in the ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong?
OM,

Why do you hate <strike>America</strike> Chicago?
OM,

Why do you hate <strike>America</strike> Chicago?
I don't hate Chicago.

They're the inspiration. They're a hard habit to break. Baby, they're a big surprise that colors my world and gets me feelin' stronger every day.

It would make me smile if I could apologize for skipping questions 67 and 68 earlier, but it's hard for me to say I'm sorry.

Wait, now that I think about it, I do hate Chicago.
Miner,
Who put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp?
Who put the ram in the ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong?
I met that man.

I shook his hand.

He made my baby fall in love with me.

If you should see him on the road, run the other way.
OM,

Shouldn't the Whoopie Pie be the official national snack cake?
OM,

Shouldn't the Whoopie Pie be the official national snack cake?
Heck no.

That sounds like one of those double entendre deals. Like something Otie would come up with after eating bad pizza.

America deserves a good, clean, upstanding snack cake. One that's immune to that sort of immature, smutty, anti-patriotic bashing. Like the Twinkie.
OM,

Traditional champagne brunch or Dim Sum?
OM,

Traditional champagne brunch or Dim Sum?
I'm kind of a Tapas-anytime kind of guy.

To me, Dim Sum is what you get when you try to read the check under average restaurant lighting.
Miner,

Have you considered calling yourself Brother Miner the Geek?
OM,

Who has asked the most inane question on this thread?
Miner,

Have you considered calling yourself Brother Miner the Geek?
Never.

But I've long felt that I need a catchy name for all the posters asking me inane questions.

I'm thinking the Dingkents has a nice ring to it.
OM,

Who has asked the most inane question on this thread?
That's like asking "Which William Shatner record is the worst?". The most inane question is always the one I'm dealing with at the moment.
So you win. Again. For now.
OM,

Is it really possible to "Find 100 Ways" of showing proper appreciation for one's favorite lust object and/or home mortgage co-signer? If so, can you list them all, for the good of future generations?
Miner,

I'm constructing a time machine but can't figure out where to stick my flux copacitor. Any idea where I need to stick my flux copacitor?

(when you were building your time machine, where did you stick your flux copacitor?)
OM,

Do you know anyone looking for a flux copacitor holder?
OM,

Is it really possible to "Find 100 Ways" of showing proper appreciation for one's favorite lust object and/or home mortgage co-signer? If so, can you list them all, for the good of future generations?
I can think of at least 212.

I might have been convinced to list some, but you had to go and mention future generations after I just got back from a dining experience sabotaged by other people's kids. So you're on your own.
...and speaking of future generations.....

Miner,

I'm constructing a time machine but can't figure out where to stick my flux copacitor. Any idea where I need to stick my flux copacitor?

(when you were building your time machine, where did you stick your flux copacitor?)
I stopped using flux copacitors in my time machines a while back in order to avoid cheap punchlines like the one that comes to mind right now.

Anyway...

OM,

Do you know anyone looking for a flux copacitor holder?
This isn't a "Personals" column, you know.
Miner, any advise about this personal ad I'm placing?

Roommate Wanted!

Lgn Wrldr skng rmmt

No; smkrs, drgdlrs, UN trnsltrs, anml trnrs, rck mscns, symphny prcssnsts, opr sngrs, cnstrctn wrkrs, evl scntsts, escpd cnvcts, prsttts, slts or whrs!

dgwhsprs, glf cmmnttrs & Frnch nvlsts ok

Cll Rm By fr dtls
OM,

Necktie or cravat?
OM,

Necktie or cravat?
Ascots ala Fred from Scooby Doo.

They're coming back; I can sense it.
Miner, any advise about this personal ad I'm placing?

[b]Roommate Wanted!

Lgn Wrldr skng rmmt

No; smkrs, drgdlrs, UN trnsltrs, anml trnrs, rck mscns, symphny prcssnsts, opr sngrs, cnstrctn wrkrs, evl scntsts, escpd cnvcts, prsttts, slts or whrs!

dgwhsprs, glf cmmnttrs & Frnch nvlsts ok

Cll Rm By fr dtls
[/b]
You forgot to mention flux copacitor holders.
OM, What do you consider the worst movie ever made?
OM, What do you consider the worst movie ever made?
The Fat Spy, a 1964 cinematic disaster starring Phyllis Diller.

However, the film that the Cinematic Titanic crew riffed tonight, Genocide a.k.a War of The Insects, has to be seen as a contender for the title.
OM,
I lost my helium ballon when I was 6.
Any chance I might be able to find it?
OM,

Is it really better to give than to receive?
OM, Who won this contest [Linked Image]?
Originally posted by future king:
OM,
I lost my helium ballon when I was 6.
Any chance I might be able to find it?
Go to Paris. Head for the Belleville section of the city. It will find you.
OM,

Is it really better to give than to receive?
Sure. Just ask anybody who's ever had a cold.
OM, Who won this contest [Linked Image]?
Lian Harper.
OM, if DC decided to license/market a Blackest Night, Brightest Day breakfast cereal, what would be its primary ingredients?
OM, if DC decided to license/market a Blackest Night, Brightest Day breakfast cereal, what would be its primary ingredients?
*a* cereal? They would have at least 10 different boxes, which would cross over in different combos in various Limited Editions. And don't get me started on the variant boxes. Or the toy surprises in each one....

Anyway, some sample ingredients:

Hope Flakes: Milled corn, sugar, Malt flavoring, distilled optimism, Vitamins D, B, & E, shredded cardboard from the 2008 presidential campaign, blue food dye.

Compassion-O's: Rice, Wheat, Wheat Flour, Folic Acid, Mother Teresa's DNA, Niacin

Rage Crispies: Malted Barley, Dried Whey, Defatted wheat germ, Cayenne Pepper, Sriracha, your W-2 forms, distilled Glenn Beck DNA.

Love Loops: Transgender maize, Sugar, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, pure corn, sugar, glucose, sugar, spice, everything nice.
Miner.

how would you like to be remembered after you're dead?
Miner.

how would you like to be remembered after you're dead?
I would like to be remembered as someone who spent his life helping the less fortunate, who always had a kind word for other people, and who strove to make this world a better place everyday.

It could happen.
Miner,

what's the worst joke you've ever heard?
Outdoor Miner,

I thought it would be super great FUN! to dress up as one of my Legion World compadres this coming Halloween. With that in mind, how I can best capture the look and/or essence of the following members?

- Kent
- Quislet, Esq
- Rockhopper Lad
- Outdoor Miner

p.s. I have access to a cape
OM,

Pearl Forrester or Mr. "B" Natural?
O.M.,

Can Winona Ryder ever re-achieve her pre-shoplifting level of fame?

S.L.
Miner,

what's the worst joke you've ever heard?
It's an all-ages board, so I can't repeat it here. Let's just say it involves a man of Polish descent, an underage girl, and a federal offense.

So, it's a tie between that and "Palin 2012".
Outdoor Miner,

I thought it would be super great FUN! to dress up as one of my Legion World compadres this coming Halloween. With that in mind, how I can best capture the look and/or essence of the following members?

- Kent
- Quislet, Esq
- Rockhopper Lad
- Outdoor Miner

p.s. I have access to a cape
You need to get out more.

Failing that, I'll try to help you here:

Kent - corduroys. Shirts with collars, but keep the first two buttons unbuttoned. Sleep in them for three nights straight before going out. Don't shave.

Quiz - fishnets and a top hat. No, wait, that's Zatanna. Just the fishnets, then.

Rocky - A true class act. Rent a tux, then rub dog hair into it.

Miner - Doesn't matter, as long as you're drunk.
OM,
If E=MC2 and E is energy and M is mass, is it true that the C stands for Comic Books and NOT the speed of light in a vacuum?
Also, what's this "squared" nonsense all about??
O.M.,

Should marijuana be legalized?

S.L.
OM,

Should corn dogs be made illegal?
OM,
If E=MC2 and E is energy and M is mass, is it true that the C stands for Comic Books and NOT the speed of light in a vacuum?
No. This is a common misconception.

C does not stand for comics, it stands for Continuity. The Mass in this case is the amount of comics you own, and the E represents ennui. Do the math.

Also, what's this "squared" nonsense all about??
It is the equivalent of the old term "hipped" (to make aware of) applied to uncool things. Example: "I squared that filthy hippy to the genius of Perry Como."
O.M.,

Can Winona Ryder ever re-achieve her pre-shoplifting level of fame?

S.L.
Who?
O.M.,

Should marijuana be legalized?

S.L.
No. Absolutely not.

The taxes and insurance costs would kill me. Why can't Big Government leave the small businessbug alone?
OM,

Should corn dogs be made illegal?
You would first have to go before a judge with the complete list of ingredients, and so far no scientists have been able to work all those out. Even the sticks those things are impaled on have proven elusive.
O.M.,

What's the most inane question you've been asked?

S.L.
OM,

What's the hardest question we've asked of you?
OM,

Do the leaves of green stay greener in the autumn?

Does the color of the sun turn crimson white?

Are there many more in comfort understanding?

Is the movement really light?
O.M.,

What's the most inane question you've been asked?

S.L.
Well, given how many times this has already been asked, I'd have to say it's this one.
Miner,

What is a better tool for learning parts of speech, Grammar Rock or Mad Libs?
OM,

What's the hardest question we've asked of you?
The hardest one is always the most current one, as I have to find the will to drag myself through this Hell again.
Can I, legally, shove a co-worker's annoying cell-phone in such a place where it will not have any reception - provided it never leaves his person?
OM,

If you could "enjoy the company of" any historical figure, who would it be?
Excuse me Mr. Miner, can u explain conjuction junctions function?
OM,
Is the grass, in fact, truly greener on the other side and if so, to what degree?
OM,

Was it something I said?
OM,

Was it something I said?
Isn't it always?

OK, no, I just answer these in whatever order I feel like.

Don't feel bad: Kent's got one from months ago I've totally neglected.
Originally posted by Beagz:
Can I, legally, shove a co-worker's annoying cell-phone in such a place where it will not have any reception - provided it never leaves his person?
Legally, no.

Morally, sure.
OM,

Pearl Forrester or Mr. "B" Natural?
Please.

Kim Cattrall.

The bots knew.
Miner,

What is a better tool for learning parts of speech, Grammar Rock or Mad Libs?
The ear.
Originally posted by Lucifer07:
Excuse me Mr. Miner, can u explain conjuction junctions function?
Well, one day Daddy Lucifer07 wanted to show Mommy Lucifer07 exactly how much he loved her....
OM,
Is the grass, in fact, truly greener on the other side and if so, to what degree?
No, it's greenest right here.

Speaking of which, get off my lawn, kid.
OM,

Do the leaves of green stay greener in the autumn?
Well, we sat for hours on the crimson sand.

Does the color of the sun turn crimson white?
Shall we burn ourselves for the answer?

Are there many more in comfort understanding?
We were all alone, we didn't need much more.

Is the movement really light?
In the blue sedan we didn't get much further.
Miner,

Where were you when Buckwheat was shot?
OM,
Where were you when the other shoe fell? Hmmmmm???
OM,

If you could "enjoy the company of" any historical figure, who would it be?
There are currently so many historical figures out to "enjoy my company" that if I were to select one here, I would break time.

The moral here, kids, is that some people probably shouldn't have access to Time Bubbles.
Miner,

Where were you when Buckwheat was shot?
Letting the other shoe fall.

OM,
Where were you when the other shoe fell? Hmmmmm???
Shooting Buckwheat.
OM,

Were you also the man who shot Liberty Valance?
OM,

What's it all about?
OM,

Did you shoot Buckwheat in Reno just for snorin' too loud, or what?
Miner,

The Shot Heard Round the World must have been pretty LOUD. Given that colonial era weapons were incapable of making such LOUD BLASTS, do you think there was ALIEN TECHNOLOGY involved?
OM,

Were you also the man who shot Liberty Valance?
They printed the legend. That should be good enough for everyone.
OM,

What's it all about?
My instant gratification.
Miner,

which is more satisfying: shooting Buckwheat or shooting heroin?
Miner,

What's more important... truth or beauty?
OM,

Did you shoot Buckwheat in Reno just for snorin' too loud, or what?
I never forgave him for replacing Stymie.
OM,
Yo blood, what it is?
OM,

Karaoke or open mike poetry?
Miner,

What's more important... truth or beauty?
Whichever leads to my instant gratification; see answer above.
OM,

Who is the best has-been celebrity?
Miner,

The Shot Heard Round the World must have been pretty LOUD. Given that colonial era weapons were incapable of making such LOUD BLASTS, do you think there was ALIEN TECHNOLOGY involved?
No.

Given that The Shot Heard Round The World was heard during the Revolutionary War, the death of Archduke Ferdinand, and more sports events than I care to mention, and that none of that makes obvious sense, I detect the hand of Grant Morrison in this.

All that occult stuff appears to be working. If we ever do meet aliens, and somebody refers to it as TSHRTW or some variant, we'll know.
Miner,

which is more satisfying: shooting Buckwheat or shooting heroin?
I'll just say this: Buckwheat saw it coming, and took it stoically. More than I expected from a low-down, no-good Stymie-replacer.

Heroin, on the other hand, sobbed like a little girl.
OM,
Is it really pronounced pot-A-to (long "eh" sound) or po-TAT-o (like tatoo)?
OM,

Karaoke or open mike poetry?
Karaoke. It's easier to take after you've had a few drinks. After a lot of drinks, it can even be fun. Poetry slams actually get worse under those conditions.
OM,
Is it really pronounced pot-A-to (long "eh" sound) or po-TAT-o (like tatoo)?
Let's call the whole thread off.
OM,
Yo blood, what it is?
Blood is a specialized bodily fluid that delivers necessary substances to the body's cells – such as nutrients and oxygen – and transports waste products away from those same cells.

Hope this helps.
OM,

Who is the best has-been celebrity?
The ones that don't seem to realize they're has-beens provide the most fun. You've seen a few, I know.
OM,

Which of Moon Knight's secret identities was your favorite?
OM,
Margot Kidder, Teri Hatcher or Erica Durance ... who rocked the roll of Lois Lane the dopest? Word.
OM,

Which of Moon Knight's secret identities was your favorite?
Ross Perot
OM,
Margot Kidder, Teri Hatcher or Erica Durance ... who rocked the roll of Lois Lane the dopest? Word.
I've never seen a bad Lois, but then again I don't watch Smallville, so who knows?
[b]OM,
I've never seen a bad Lois, but then again I don't watch Smallville, so who knows? [/b]
Sure, forget about Noel Neill and Phyllis COates.
[b]
[b]OM,
I've never seen a bad Lois, but then again I don't watch Smallville, so who knows? [/b]
Sure, forget about Noel Neill and Phyllis COates.[/b]
I forgot nothing.

The inane questioner failed to include them, whereas my answer does.
[b]
[b]OM,
Sure, forget about Noel Neill and Phyllis COates. [/b]
Done. They're forgotten.
OM,

Milk, Milk, Lemonade... round the corner, what is made?
O'Miner,

Since the name "Moonies" is all ready spoken for, what EXACTLY are we going to call our future citizens of the moon? Huh?
OM,

Milk, Milk, Lemonade... round the corner, what is made?
FDA regulations.
O'Miner,

Since the name "Moonies" is all ready spoken for, what EXACTLY are we going to call our future citizens of the moon? Huh?
Here is a handy guide that should help you answer that very question.
Miner,

Are you out to restore sanity, restore fear, both, or neither?
OM,

Shostakovitch or Tchaikovsky?
OM,
Is Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti a true hominid?
Miner,

Are you out to restore sanity, restore fear, both, or neither?
I am out to restore Fearity, the sense that the world really is as screwed up as you think.
OM, Janeway, Sisko, Kirk, Picard. who's the best to worst in your opinion.
OM, Janeway, Sisko, Kirk, Picard. who's the best to worst in your opinion.
Well, clearly I'm the coolest of all of them, so it goes like this on the scale:

Outdoor Miner
-
-
-
Kirk & Sisko (tied)
-
Picard
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Janeway
OM,

Shostakovitch or Tchaikovsky?
Vodka
OM,
Is Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti a true hominid?
Given that most of the people who have claimed to seen one have been heavily criticized, I believe that Bigfoot is actually better classified as an ad hominid.
OM,

Farragut North or Farragut West? And why?
OM,

Why would Martians bother to invade New Jersey, of all places?
OM,

Farragut North or Farragut West? And why?
West, because even though they shut down the 17th street entrance for no real reason I can see, it is nowhere near the confusing mess the Red Line has become.

DC Metro was simply not prepared for the numbers the rally brought, and it was for the best that we walked.
OM,

Why would Martians bother to invade New Jersey, of all places?
They were trying to do us a favor. Really, we owe them an apology.
OM,
Does crime really not pay, and if so, how come?
OM,

If crime doesn't pay, how does one explain the continued profitability of the property insurance business?
OM,
Does crime really not pay, and if so, how come?
This has been misinterpreted over the years. This statement wasn't a warning for people to not commit crimes; it was a warning to the lower-level crook that once the various Overlords, Master Planners, Super-Villains, and Insurance Companies took their cuts, you weren't left with enough to justify the risks. In short, it was the thug equivalent of "Taxation Without Representation".

OM,

If crime doesn't pay, how does one explain the continued profitability of the property insurance business?
See above.
OM,

are you better off now than you were four minutes ago?
OM,

are you better off now than you were four minutes ago?
I'm answering this question now, so no.
OM,

Where should we go on vacation?
OM,

why do we drive on the parkway but park on the driveway?
OM,

Where should we go on vacation?
I should go to Las Vegas.

You should go to Tartarus.
Dear God, it's come to this....

OM,

why do we drive on the parkway but park on the driveway?
Because you humans are stupid. Stupid! <span style="font-size: 18px;">Stupid!</span>
OM,

Based on your last answer, are you the ancestor of Lester Spiffany?
OM,

What's the next big trend in music?
OM,
True or false, a salad should be eaten after the main course to help break down the food for easier digestion, not before as an appetizer?
OM (or is it?),

Is it true that you employ a group of poorly paid college kids to answer all of our inane questions?
OM,
why did you quit Up With People?
OM,

Based on your last answer, are you the ancestor of Lester Spiffany?
No, but I've put money in a trust that will accumulate interest over the centuries. I have robots programmed to tell him to collect it when the time is right. It's the true source of his fortune.

Hey, it's something to do.
OM,
Where do babies come from? The truth this time!
OM, any truth to the rumor that you will be getting your own reality show?
Om, how did u become Legion World's Badwill Ambassador? and are you accepting Apprentices?
OM,

What's the next big trend in music?
Bankruptcy.
OM,
True or false, a salad should be eaten after the main course to help break down the food for easier digestion, not before as an appetizer?
False.

Salads should only be eaten when you are trying to impress vegetarians.
[b]OM,
False.

Salads should only be eaten when you are trying to impress vegetarians. [/b]
OM, Does anything impress Vegans?
OM (or is it?),

Is it true that you employ a group of poorly paid college kids to answer all of our inane questions?
No, that's complete nonsense.

They're unpaid high school dropouts who think they're getting points towards their GEDs.
OM,
where are all the bodies buried?
OM,
why did you quit Up With People?
All the fun went out of it once I realized it wasn't about negating Earth's gravity.
OM,

Is there really a good reason for everything? And if so, how do you explain sequins being sewn on hooded sweatshirts?
OM,

Is there really a good reason for everything? And if so, how do you explain sequins being sewn on hooded sweatshirts?
Unless you count the inherent chaos and unpredictability inherent in the universe, then no, there really isn't a good reason for everything.

For instance, no one has come up with a good reason for the existence of Hot Pockets. Or Merseybeat. Or the movie White Chicks.
OM,
Where do babies come from? The truth this time!
From the home office in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Om, how did u become Legion World's Badwill Ambassador?
Pretty much by responding in this thread.

and are you accepting Apprentices?
Possibly. Are you a high school dropout looking to get a GED?
OM,
Which came first, the chicken or the Egg and I restaurant?
OM,

Origami or Decoupage?
OM,

Recently the cost of providing evil genius services has increased dramatically due to a new value-added tax on services.

Can you suggest some low wage planets with disproportionately smart people, free education and low ethical standards to off-shore most of the lower level number crunching, so HQ can concentrate on getting trillions in Legion World bail out dollars?
OM, any truth to the rumor that you will be getting your own reality show?
Yes.

It will be called "Inane Idol" and I'll be chief judge.

The auditons have been held in this thread. Based on what I've seen, we're looking at ratings gold here.
OM,

What's the question?
OM, how can you call yourself Outdoor Miner when you obviously have been stuck in a Chilean mine for six months? I cry fowl. INVESTIGATION!
OM, Does anything impress Vegans?
Well, the Omega Man respected Adam Strange, and we all know about Starfire and Dick Grayson, so I think they all secretly dig Earth guys.
don't forget they had once an Earth guy as dictator, too. Harry Hokum, or something like that.
OM,
Et tu, Brute?
Originally posted by future klash:
OM,
Which came first, the chicken or the Egg and I restaurant?
Well, the Egg and I restaurant was likely started on a loan, so it's a matter of finding out how cowardly the bank is.
Originally posted by cleoMeLASH:
OM,

Origami or Decoupage?
Decoupage.

It's easier to do while drinking and any kid can do it. Indeed, most art critics agree that the masters of this form are drunken 10-13 year olds, which is why wine sales in France have remained steady.
OM,

Recently the cost of providing evil genius services has increased dramatically due to a new value-added tax on services.

Can you suggest some low wage planets with disproportionately smart people, free education and low ethical standards to off-shore most of the lower level number crunching, so HQ can concentrate on getting trillions in Legion World bail out dollars?
The problem is that most worlds only have one or two of the requirements, and the rest tend to already be spoken for by one cabal or another.

Your best bet for bailout money is to get yourself elected to an LW office and just embezzle the cash. At some point, you'll be expected to anyway. It's practically a Constitutional requirement.
Originally posted by Chief Tay-LASH:
OM,

What's the question?
The question is:

Originally posted by rickshaw1:
OM, how can you call yourself Outdoor Miner when you obviously have been stuck in a Chilean mine for six months? I cry fowl. INVESTIGATION!
Your ability to shed poultry from your tear ducts may be impressive, but is hardly a basis for subpoenas.

Your crtique of my fashion sense has been noted and logged.
OM,

Why do people still continue to wear white after Labor Day?
OM,

Throw rugs or wall-to-wall carpeting?
OM,

Where do you stand on the death penalty?
OM,

Where do you sit?
OM I am one that believes that opposing political parties should have names that are opposites. How is it in the US the two parties do not have names that oppose each other in any way?
Om what is the better vacation destination this winter. The Savage Land or Atlantis?
OM,

What is the one question Legion Tracker doesn't ever want to answer?
OM,

when did you stop beating your wife?
Outdoor Miner,

The other Ram Boy (the sneaky one who waited for me to change my name for LASH week before he went ahead and STOLE my identity) has really upset me. What would be a really good way to EXACT MY REVENGE UPON HIM!?
OM,
Are you on vacation this week or something??
OM,

Other than Outdoor, what manner of miner are you?
Om have you ever driven thru a round-a-bout?
<font face="Comic Sans MS"> <span style="font-size: 16px;">Outdoor Miner,

Seeing as how the situation involving my username has changed, can I retract an already asked inane question? If so, do I have to phrase my retraction in an equally inane manner, or would this comic sans text suffice? </span>
</font f>
OM,

Regarding repetitive redundancy: if I ask you, Outdoor Miner, a question seeking an answer to my query, insomuch as I present to you a lack of information culminating in punctuation signifying an interrogative, in hopes of seeking, acquiring or getting an informative response reply from you, Outdoor Miner, does not that place an onus of obligation on the representative ambassador of badwill Outdoor Miner to offer, post and supply an answer from you to reply to the query which I have asked you to assist in the delivery of an informative response answer?
OM,

What should I do with all these 3010 Thanksgiving leftovers that somebody left in the Time Bubble?
OM,

How's life in the witness protection program?

S.L.
OM,

What type of marching band did you want to see at the parade we'll throw for when you finally make a comeback?

fk
OM,

Has Elijah ever visited your house?
OM,

Has Elijah ever visited your house?
hee hee....good one.
OM,

WAZZZZ UUUUPPPPP?
Miner,

Marshmallow Peeps or Cadbury Creme Eggs?

[sad, nostalgic sigh]
Dear OM,

If you ever come back, boy are you going to be behind on these!! What is your strategy for catching up ?

From,
Peebs.
OM,

Should a politician run on a man-boob platform?
Dear OM,

Should I always tip when paying with debit?
OM,

Why have you forsaken us?
OM,

Were you just a figment of our collective imagination ?
OM,

Why is?
OM,

Did you just get tired of answering our questions?
OM,

Isn't Blaze just the most polite thing ever?
OM,

Why don't you come over to play anymore?
© Legion World