Legion World
Do you hear a horse singing?
I say thee "neigh."
Sung like a horse?
...forget about me.
But, Quis, that song doesn't phrase it in the form of a question.

Think 70s, introspection, self-absorbed singer-songwriters...
Ah. I get it now...the horse part is a huge clue, then the self absorbed.
A lot of mileage about that song for that artist...dragging it out for way too long.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that artist sings like a horse.
Not alone at all dear.
Then again, maybe that's an insult to horses. lol
I was actually thinking that the back-up singer for that song is not really much better in my opinion...never been a fan.
I do realize the gravity of what I just posted...
Hey, nothing wrong with going against the grain.
True. The looks I get when I voice that opinion in public is priceless though.
Next time, you should add for emphasis that he's at his worst when he attempts straight blues.
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
Next time, you should add for emphasis that he's at his worst when he attempts straight blues.
rotflmao
Does nobody else get who this thread is about?
I googled and I still can't figure it out, Dev.
Me neither.
Still quite naive?
*strategically dips hat below one eye*
Ummm.
Is it incorrect PC to ask who the singer (and his back-up) are, since I don't recognize the horse phrase?
Candle,

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Carly Simon and Mick Jagger</span></span>
This thread still makes me giggle a little.
I once read a thread on another forum that compared the singer to an ape. Now a horse? Frankly, both comparisons sound mean to me. If you don't like the song or the singer, fine, but I can't understand what the singer ever did to earn such abuse.

. . . but then I'm not holding my breath in anticipation.
The singers singing was compared...I don't think any of us actually think she sounds like an actual horse...just a snarky comparison.
I like her voice. It's distinct and assertive, hard to ignore.

. . . and, in the song, it's the horse that naturally won. laugh
True.
And all along I thought this thread was about me.
You're so vain.
Tracker, you're welcome to join me over in the "I am so ridiculously hot" thread. wink You can come, too, He Who. laugh
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:
I like her voice. It's distinct and assertive, hard to ignore.

. . . and, in the song, it's the horse that naturally won. laugh
Yep. I have a soft spot for songs that break the 4th wall. T-Bone Burnett tried the same thing in his song "The Strange Case of Frank Cash and the Morning Paper," but it didn't work quite as well.
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Tracker, you're welcome to join me over in the "I am so ridiculously hot" thread. wink You can come, too, He Who. laugh
Thanks, Rocky, but I think I'm ridiculously lukewarm on the best of days. shudder
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
You got some good fire extinguishers over there, Rocky?
You want to borrow mine?
I'm so smokin' HOT I need to keep one on me at all times! cool
Oh My! hmmm
Mick Jagger sang on "You're so vain"? confused
Yep. He does the backup parts.

heehee...
The rumor has always been that the song was really about Jagger or Warren Beatty.
I've also heard Cat Stevens and James Taylor mentioned as possible 'targets' of the song.
Carly Simon actually wrote that song after her initial break up with James Taylor.

They went on to patch things up and then break up again, about a thousand times after that!
lol
She still trots out this little 'mystery' every few years.
I guess Carly's thematic heir would be Alannis Morrisette then.

Larry David built a whole episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm around trying to get Alannis to tell who she'd written "You Oughta' Know" in honor[sic] of.
I thought it was pretty much accepted that it was Uncle Joey?
I thought it was dedicted to her founder and mentor, Madonna!??

*gasp*
lol
© Legion World