Legion World
Well? Was it a celebrity, a fictional character, or maybe even…a LWer? Everyone has those kind of dreams, although not as often as others (if they remember them).

I had a weird one last night, and my guest in the dream: Paris Hilton. And strangely, it wasn’t the type of dream you think I’d have with her…instead, we were just hanging out, going on some strange road trip with my bro. We were being chased by some bad guys though and one of them had a knife or something. I remember Paris finding some strange secret passage way out of my room though.

Anyone else have any weird dreams lately, or should I just lay off the Gyro and fries at the diner, and stop reading Sandman TPB’s so late at night?
I recently dreamed that I was riding home from western New york state on a bicylce, at night (in my dream it was short ride, of course). I was riding down Schoarie Turnpike, an old backroad I used to drive regularly, and was going pretty fast, but it was near pitch-dark. I heard something charging out of the woods, and knew it was a bear chasing me, but I outran it by pedaling faster...

So then the dream continues. I've gotten home (not to any recent home, but the house I grew up in. haven't set foot inside in a decade), in my old room, and the bear has somehow caught up with me - it's sniffing around the room, while I'm lying still, in bed, hoping not to be noticed (oddly, in real life, I'm not afraid of east coast bears).

So, I'm tapping on the floor, hoping to attract the attention of my co-workers Mark and Sue, who for reasons unexplained are in the kitchen (of a house neither have ever set foot in) (not certain what they would do, anyway), afraid to yell out, but knowing that' the only way I'll get their attention...
Don't know if it's weird, but I hate those dreams in which I'm reading a comic book and go to turn the page, and wake up. I've had that one several times, never with "regular"/no-graphics books.
I dreamt I was in Wing Commander.

Not the crappy movie, but the original Origin computer game. Everything looked like it did in the original graphics, except all my squad members were hard rock/metal singers. Plant, Ozzy, Dio, Roth, Hagar, Halford, Lemmy, Bruce Dickinson, Klaus Meine, you get the idea.

Our commander was Lee Marvin. All of the enemy looked like Don Kirshner. We flew the last mission of the old game, where you go after the big enemy starbase. Halford's mechanics wanted some other guy to pilot the ship instead, but we overruled them. We took off as soon as someone found a high chair so Dio could reach his controls.

We lost Hagar when he crashed and burned in an asteroid field (someone in the dream pointed out his ship could never move the way Roth's could). We lost Dickinson in combat with the Kirshners a few clicks from the target. We blew up the base, but I don't recall how. Last thing I do recall is Lemmy asking if he could be awarded the Iron Cross instead of the normal medal.

I love dreams.
Not entirely a "who," but just before this latest Legion book came out, I had a nightmare that I got it and it was horrible. I couldn't believe how horrible it was. I mean, an "Adventures of Magno and Lori Morning" miniseries couldn't be as bad as I dreamed the book was. I don't remember details on what made it this bad, just that I was kvetching with friends on how I couldn't believe just how unbelievably awful the book was.

Thank goodness, it doesn't look like I'm developing precognition!
As visitors to the DR. GYM'LL forum know, I recently had a dream that there was a HECKLER # 7!

Of course, the title was cancelled with # 6.

Damn my dream-self for not taking the book out of its polybag and reading it before I went on to dream of lighter things! *sigh!*
Last night I had my first Legion dream (that I can recall).

It started out as a sort of interactive episode of Smallville, and Cos suddenly turns up in full Silver Age pink glory in the middle of the Kent farmhouse, and no one but me seems to realize right away.

Then there's a confused transition to some 30th Century battle (it made sense at the time), and the entire Legion, led by two Luornus weilding Brainy's force-shield belt, has to flee back to our time.

Some legionaires (Cos and Lu) were pure preboot (Lu was late Levitz), but most were Reboot, plus there were a few unnamed, odd legionaires tossed out by my imagination that I half-attributed to 'Black Dawn' era at the time.

Anyway, everyone arrives in modern times at a tower with some sort of broadcast array seemingly a mile high, atop an already-tall skyscraper.

The legionaires rain down at this structure (somehow I'm now among them), and Superboy fighting some large foe comes crashing down into the array.

I and other legionaires are hanging onto the array's metal skeleton for dear life (why we can't fly anymore is beyond me, and its a loooong way down), and I' starting to figure a way to start sliding down when the alarm goes off..
Who, you ask? My high-school girlfriend from 28 years ago.

What, you beg? I'm not going to tell you.

Except that some friends from my years in Chicago showed up in the room to kibitz on the, er, proceedings ...
Emma Frost wandered through my dreams yesterday, which is strange on several levels...

J
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Last night I had my first Legion dream (that I can recall).

It started out as a sort of interactive episode of Smallville, and Cos suddenly turns up in full Silver Age pink glory in the middle of the Kent farmhouse, and no one but me seems to realize right away.

Then there's a confused transition to some 30th Century battle (it made sense at the time), and the entire Legion, led by two Luornus weilding Brainy's force-shield belt, has to flee back to our time.

Some legionaires (Cos and Lu) were pure preboot (Lu was late Levitz), but most were Reboot, plus there were a few unnamed, odd legionaires tossed out by my imagination that I half-attributed to 'Black Dawn' era at the time.

Anyway, everyone arrives in modern times at a tower with some sort of broadcast array seemingly a mile high, atop an already-tall skyscraper.

The legionaires rain down at this structure (somehow I'm now among them), and Superboy fighting some large foe comes crashing down into the array.

I and other legionaires are hanging onto the array's metal skeleton for dear life (why we can't fly anymore is beyond me, and its a loooong way down), and I' starting to figure a way to start sliding down when the alarm goes off..
Now that I think on it, I'm pretty sure Pov and Stargazer turned up briefly, too, wandering around the Kent farm.
Kent, cool Legion dream! I want Cos to show up in mine and offer me LSH membership! Then we can slap everyone together!

Grey, I like those dreams myself (well, except people walking in on you). I recently had a dream about an old high-school g/f too, although it was only about 8 years ago that we were together.

I kinda remember having a dream relating to Legion World recently, about how I haven’t been posting as much and need to get back to doing so. I wonder if LWers were in it? If LWers were in my dream, I wonder if they’d look like their avatars?
Quite possibly, which would be rather amusing.

Last night I dreamed I tried out for the Legion. Except this Legion consisted of everybody I hated in high school.

Sometimes I think my subconscious hates me.
So tonight you can dream that you found the Legion of Super-Villains - and triumph!
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Quite possibly, which would be rather amusing.

Last night I dreamed I tried out for the Legion. Except this Legion consisted of everybody I hated in high school.

Sometimes I think my subconscious hates me.
lol
Last night I dreamed about a small, vicious little animal -sort of part dog, part deer/moose- about three feet high at the shoulders, with sharp antlers, chasing me around.
A 3-foot tall half-dog half-moose chasing you around?

Did he look something like the animal in this picture: http://www.anime-dreamgate.de/images/One%20Piece/group7.jpg
no, much bigger, on four legs, and with a guard-dog mouth and growl.
Maybe if he went rabid, then...
I dreamt i read the next issue and was anxious to get home and make some posts about it. I can't actually remember what was in the comic, but it was some manner of bombshell. Anyhoo, i spent the entire dream trying to get home, so i could post, but i never could get there....(think this eventually turned into some sort of chase dream.........)
I have a reccurring dream that has become my favorite. I have dubbed it "the Nichelle's apartment dream".

One of the first new friends I made in college was this girl named Nichelle (yes, she was named after TV's Lt. Uhura).

I even lived with her for about a month back in my early 20s. Her apartment then was the top level of an old, large midtown house.

So, not too long ago, I began recalling the Nichelle's apartment dreams I kept having.

In them, I am living with Nichelle again, only her apartment is this colossal, never-ending gigantic place.

Each room leads to another room, some with decked-out incredible furniture, some with themes, some sparsely decorated. Stairs will be around any corner, leading to even more cool rooms.

In every dream, I am exploring, checking stuff out-- but NOT lost or scared or anything. I'm just amazed at how big Nichelle's aprtment is and happy to be living there.

I usually have the dream if I take an afternoon nap. I had it today.

This time, my stepsister Shelly was there, also apparently having just moved in. Her bedroom was huge, with a super-long bed that had 3 comforters (all the same). We were talking about how awesome and huge the place was, and decided to go explore.

Apparently, Nichelle's apartment has it's own goldfish pond and a pool on an upper level. The pool was covered though.

As usual, Nichelle was nowhere to be seen, although dream-me knew she was around somewhere.

In reality, I haven't seen or spoken to Nichelle in about a decade.
No kidding. I was working on some drawings for a thread in bits featuring half naked Legion guys and I started dreaming about guess what?...half naked Legion guys. It happened about three or four nights in row. They were very vague dreams, but still kind of cool.
My roommates and this scary squirrel. It was a nightmare and... rather embarrassing, actually. Let's just say it wasn't one of my finer moments. wink Dang rodents.
The other night I had a very interesting--and slightly disturbing--dream that featured soap opera hunk Ty Treadway.
I'm pretty darned sure I've had some LMB-themed dreams. Can't remember any details, though. frown

Think I may've met (the real-life) Cobalt once or twice in dreams maybe.
That was actually me using my super-powers to communicate with you via dreams. I try to do that often to LMBers to battle dream-monsters. My spells of forgetfullness don't always work after though, as demonstrated here.
oooh, it was awesome through the miracle fo facebook to tell Nichelle about my recurring dream!

As for tonight's dream:

[Linked Image]
In the last 10 years I find that I cannot remember my dreams all that much anymore! frown
I usually dream that I'm back at a job I haven't held in six years. tongue
ugh, do I really want to admit this? I once had a dream about Steve Guttenberg... yep, Mahoney himself... guess it could have been worse... it could have been that guy who makes all the annoying sound effects...
I must have watched too much Supernatural recently, because the Winchesters were in a dream I had last night.

My subconscious guest-cast me as the monster of the week, so they were mostly trying to kill me. I woke up after having been thrown off a rooftop, feeling like I'd just fallen into bed.

Now I want revenge! Mean monster-hunters!
Hey Sharky, Guttenberg was all the rage back in the diz-zay! He was hot stuff!

Well, EDE and Mattropolis were both in a segment of one of my dreams last night!

I just awoke from a late-morning dream that was so horriffic and scary, I had to take a blood pressure pill. It involved my Grandfather, a demon-ish monster, and me hiding in the closet at my Grandparents as the glow the monster gave off and the sound of its cackling drew closer... very disturbing.
The radio is my morning alarm. This morning I incorporated the two news commentators into my dream. They were discussing an anonymous news source, and in my dream I knew where he was and kept trying to get the newspeople to follow me to him. They ignored me and kept talking. Very rude!
I wonder if Don Heck has been featured in the dreams of any LMB posters...

hmmm
... Monkey's Paw! faint
I've had quite a few weird dreams in the past year, some of which I noted down when I wake up before I forget, and which can be bizarrely detailed in that dream-logic way.

Here's three of those sets of notes smile :
Six characters, including Spider-Man, Wolverine, Wonder Man, some female apprentice of Dr Strange* and two others I can't remember find out they've got "wires" of some sort embedded in them that periodically give them fits, and they have something to do with the Scarlet Witch. They eventually figure to tug on them simultaneously, and it takes them back to the end of HoM, where they see a figure wrapped in a duct tape cocoon held very high in the air by the wires, joined to some castle towers. They have to get the figure out using them.

They fail, the figure goes splat, and past-Wanda turns everyone into really fat pigs rather than saying "no more mutants".

Fortunately, they manage to try again and do it right this time, releasing a sane Wanda, who pulls them back to the present as they left it. She then does a bunch of stuff to find out what's been happening (astrally time-travelling), gets very self-hating, and reverses M-Day.

A few days later, Spider-Man is talking to her on the internet, she misreads some retorical questions and posts a very detailed history of him. He then goes over to see her, finds she's got fat from being so self-hating, and asks her to reverse OMD. She tries, time-travelling to the Mephisto moment (and in the process setting up Spider-Man to be one of the wirees at the start) vbut Quesada actually physically steps in and stops her, and she goes back and tells Peter that she can't.

*There was a scene where Strange's assistant is just in street clothes, and Spider-Man tells her to put on a costume. She refuses, they argue, and eventually she ends up in a yellow version of Dr Strange's base costume with a paper bag on her head just to shut him up.
*It was Wanda's trip through spider-history at the end that led her to timey wimey make him one of the wirees at the start*
Wolverine tried to use the Phoenix Force to bring Jean back, dumping Frost's body in the firey pit to use as fuel (hidden beneath tin foil, beneath rice, beneath a cooker). Instead, it spat out "Phoenixed" Wolver-clones onto a street a few days later - the first two relatively normal except for having five-bladed adamantium swords, and then it went downhill from there in the (seven?) others that popped out - some others I can't remember, and one that was just an immobile adamantium column. Not even Wolverine-shaped, just a column.

Rachel Summers saw the first one pop out, and called Cyclops, who didn't want to leave his seat with various X-Men at the nearby something-or-other, and sent the real Wolverine first. Who couldn't pull out the multiple-bladed swords Rachel had driven into the ground to get out the way, until she pulled one out for him, which weakened the ground enough for the first Wolverphoenix to get his sword back, and they fought.

Meanwhile, Cyclops thought about going to help, and sent a load of other clawed/blade-using characters instead. Cue mass-brawl. Eventually, Rachel figures out that using magnets on the Columnverine makes the others freeze and start twitching, and claw-force decapitate all of the previously-mobile ones.

Wolverine then leaves the X-Men, convinced he'd be kicked off anyway, and is travelling through the train station afterward, talking to someone who actually was kicked off, when they pass the Hulk & family just after Wolverine mentions him.

Wolverine then bounces through an electrical store, sequing to Madelyne Pryor - who somehow pulled herself together in the midst of all the Phoenixy stuff - trying to use Jean's account to buy 502 lottery tickets. She struggles to get any assistants to pay attention to her, until she gets one who enjoys helping fraud [played by some actress who's name I can't remember but guested in the Vic/Bob Randall & Hopkirk (the nymphomaniac from the asylum episode)]. Madelyne then gets confused about the numbers she's picking, and how many weeks to spread it over. She eventually decides on seven weeks, but struggles to do 502/7.

Then I woke up.
*had various bizarre but rather fragmentary dreams last night, including Mario finding two freezers with a load of pheasants and other frozen meats in a redesigned version of one of the rooms from Mario 64, before finding a crack in the wall leading to a guide room, where three hybrid "ghost" versions of characters guarded three rooms with all the hints for the game - only the female one took offence at him getting a left/right question wrong, and directed hin into a pit that drained all his remaining lives... Which led to a bizarre "double or quits" minigame thing rather than a Game Over.

Also a party Hordak threw for the non-toy She-Ra characters, which a few others snuck into - including Skeletor & Trap-Jaw in the background!

Also, a sort of real-world/fantasy/disaster movie thing involving Farscape & nuBSG actors which I'm not sure how I begin to explain....

Oh, and there was one more involving bits of the USA ceding and merging with Canada, other bits of Canada splitting off, a female bodybuilder who'd let herself start getting fat, a spy who kept hijacking planes, but ditching them in the lake beside the runaway rather than landing out of incompetence, and the end result of all the border-redrawing looking vaguely like a Confederacy flag, which no-one noticed until I pointed it out...
Originally posted by Ram Boy:
No kidding. I was working on some drawings for a thread in bits featuring half naked Legion guys and I started dreaming about guess what?...half naked Legion guys. It happened about three or four nights in row. They were very vague dreams, but still kind of cool.
lol (on the outside)

<span style="font-size: 14px;"><font face="cursive">(jealous on the inside)</span></font f>

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I seem to be going through one of those periodic phases where I don't remember my dreams at all. So really even if they'd all been encyclopedia salesmen wearing the living room drapes and Carrot Top wigs I'd still be jealous.</span></span>
Last night I dreamt I was getting a haircut.

I mean... really, subconscious? That's the best you can do?

I can't, like, make out with the cute stylist... or stop a robbery by jumping up with the scissors... or even have some bizarre surrealistic thing where everyone breaks into some Busby Berkeley musical number?

A haircut... sheesh.
Well, it certainly wasn't Cobalt Kid and a flock of sheep, that's for sure.
In college we had to fill out a dream journal for an Anthropology & ESP class (all about shamanism and fakirs and fun stuff), with the intent of proving or disproving whether or not our dreams were precognitive or astral travelling or any of that jazz.

After a vivid lucid flying dream, where I was buzzing down the highway, passing various signs, going around the mountain between Ashland and Plymouth, passing under an overpass, etc. I woke up, wrote down the dream, and then walked that route the next day. No overpass.

Bah. I was almost convinced!

Still love the flying dreams, 'though. I've interrupted perfectly ordinary dreams when I realized I was dreaming and just took off into the sky.

Kinda odd, since, when I'm awake, I'm terrified of heights and can't even climb down a 10 ft. ladder without having to close my eyes and grit my teeth...
I have absolutely no idea why but for some strange reason I dreamt about Free-to-lay Chips last night!
I dreamt I had joined the Marines!

I was a captain and I was saluting a lieutenant colonel. Then, I lost my car keys down an elevator shaft but was able to retrieve them with a hanky donated by a lady in the elevator.
Originally posted by future king:
I have absolutely no idea why but for some strange reason I dreamt about Free-to-lay Chips last night!
fk, we have Frito-Lay here, but "Free-to-lay" sounds like a whole different story.
I had a dream the other night that we (the LMB real life people) had a huge stage at a comic convention (like the size of SD Comicon) and were being treated like huge celebraties. Pretty cool actually.

...and if I know what you look like in real life...you were in it. Seriously.
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
Originally posted by future king:
[b]I have absolutely no idea why but for some strange reason I dreamt about Free-to-lay Chips last night!
fk, we have Frito-Lay here, but "Free-to-lay" sounds like a whole different story. [/b]
Oh, whoops! I would try and defend my innocence with that one, but who the heck would believe me on here? lol
Thanks so much for pointing it out though! tongue
I think that above post explains soooo much.

wink
I honestly couldn't say who was in my dreams last night. I haven't remembered any of my dreams in a long time now.

though Carol does tell me I have some strange conversations in my sleep.
Hey make that two of us! Cathy says I fight with people in my dreams a lot. In real life I'm one of the calmest people you'll ever meet, very patient and polite.
I guess I take out all my frustrations throughout the day in my sleep! Oh well, at least it's healthier that way (?).
Well, except for poor Cathy!!! lol
Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint... I dreamed I was hanging out with them, asking them about the Harry Potter movies... I was kinda bummed they didn't like Simon Pegg...
I had a pretty good Star Wars dream a couple of nights ago. The real Star Wars, not all that prequel crap.
I dreamt about a week ago or so that I was running as hard as I could to get away from a giant ground sloth!?

Weird, I know.
I don't know, but I was trying to get them to read a Green Lantern comic.
Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, was in my dream last night. In the dream, I discovered him hiding in my room and he was telling me about all the stresses and strains of being part of the Royal Family. It would appear that it all was in the context of an episode of Will and Grace in which I was Will and my friend Grace was--well--Grace.
I dreamt about ice cream again last night.
I guess that's my life's true passion ... Dairy Queen soft ice cream dipped in chocolate.
lol
Someone I used to work with. Really odd. The whole dream led up to us...then I woke up.
Shirley Manson and I as part of a team of kick-ass heroines.

George Clinton as the ringmaster of a circus I wanted to join.
Last night I had a dream about a psychotherapist I saw about 20 years ago. I fired her after about a year and a half because I disagreed with her methods and found her very unprofessional. In my dream our parting was on much friendlier terms than it was in real life.
last week I dreamt my wife left me for Flavor Flav. And not Public Enemy Flavor Flav, but crazed reality TV star Flavor Flav.
I dreamt I was flying with the Legion. I only clearly remember Kinetix and Brainiac 5, though. It was a wonderful feeling!
I dreamt that I was attending a Legion World gathering. MLLASH was hosting, and he and EDE picked me up at the airport. We went to Lash's parents' house, where all the LWers were to gather at a round table. We wrote our user names on name tags so we could easily identify each other. I debated about whether or not to write "HWW" or "HWL". Finally, I opted for "He Who LSHes".

Then I flooded the kitchen. I was using the sink, but I couldn't get the hot water to shut off. I twisted the knob too far, apparently, as water kept pouring. Finally, I thought I had it shut off. It was only when our LW meeting was in progress and someone noticed water flowing under the chairs that I confessed what I had done.

Fortunately, we were able to shut off the water and have a lot of fun mopping up the kitchen.

(By the way, whoever brought the chocolate cupcakes: thanks!)
Last night my wife had a dream that we adopted an African American (did I say that right??) brother and sister.
I know I've been dreaming, but I can't remember what about. Sigh. I haven't been sleeping well lately.
Same here, to both points. I used to remember all my dreams but these past two years it's been few and far between (from what I remember anyways).

And NO old jokes please Legion Tracker!!! wink
IB and fk...are you two sure you're not vampires?

(and fk, I didn't say old vampires.)
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:

(and fk, I didn't say old vampires.)
He means this guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosferatu_the_Vampyre

Hey, that's another thread! lol

Flederweb
I work on a wharf, and we have docks that box in our restaurant. Last night I dreamt that there were dolphins stuck in the boxed in wharf area, so animal rescue came to help them out. But it turned out it wasnt animal rescue, but animal....stealers?, who took the dolphins away in a Helicopter.
the rest of the dream entailed myself, and Rosario Dawson chasing a helicopter in a motorhome with rocket launchers, and it was totally the best dream ever.
Until my alarm went off and I had to go to work.
Last night, I dreamed Ringo Starr was trying to reunite the Beatles, not as a band but just to sit down for dinner and air their differences. It was 1975, five years after they disbanded. Paul and George were willing, and they met Ringo at a swanky New York restaurant, along with their spouses (Linda McCartney was there; I'm pretty sure George and Ringo were both divorced at this time, so I'm not sure who they were with). The only no-show was John.

Ironically, today would have been John Lennon's 71st birthday.
I met a very young, very successful artist in my dream last night. She was actually showing mr_cleome and myself around her swanky penthouse apartment-studio in Midtown Manhattan(??). She really liked my art, though I thought hers was much better.

The departure was awkward, though. Because the elevator was busted and we had to take the stairs.

lol
Last night, I dreamed I was living through a zombie apocalypse... so, um, there were like zombies...
I dreamed of a bottle of beer and some hand loti.... um... Salma Heyak.

wink
Originally posted by SharkLad:
Last night, I dreamed I was living through a zombie apocalypse... so, um, there were like zombies...
Love those dreams. Usually I can realize I am dreaming and have a hell of a lot of fun.
I like directing my dreams, but then they tend to get even weirder.
The players of Multiverse Legion Idol. Damn. No wonder people say I take my games too seriously...
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
I like directing my dreams, but then they tend to get even weirder.
True, especially when you try and reset things.
I dreamed about going back to work after last week's vacation. The dream was so real I thought I was at work...and I was an hour late actually getting there.
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
Originally posted by SharkLad:
[b]Last night, I dreamed I was living through a zombie apocalypse... so, um, there were like zombies...
Love those dreams. Usually I can realize I am dreaming and have a hell of a lot of fun.[/b]
Love these too, even the scary ones!
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
I dreamed of a bottle of beer and some hand loti.... um... Salma Heyak.

wink
rotflmao
Racheal Ray, makin' me a smoked turkey sandwich. She's got exactly what I want... bread and sliced turkey.
I was reading an article about Hitchcock's Psycho last night just before turning in.

Go ahead and guess who kept showing up in my dreams? I dare you.

[headdesk] I won't be choosing that kind of reading material after 5 PM again for a loooooooong time, let me tell you. (Though I was still brave enough to take a shower this morning, rather than a bath.)
Mother...?
Erin Gray! laugh

Yeah right, I wish!!

Oh well, maybe one day .... unless, ... maybe she was in one of those dreams you can't remember when you wake up!!?

AW MAN!!! mad
I so wish Erin Gray would visit my dreams. Although, I have had some fun ones with others.
Like who? The only celebrity that was ever in my dreams that's hot would be Christina Applegate. But she was lost in a parking lot or something! lol
<span style="font-size: 15px;"><font face="chalkboard">

Last night, I dreamt that Invisible Brainiac and myself were bowling with pomegranates. Hawaiian shirts so loud that they should have had volume control over the breast pocket were also involved.

I am very sorry now that I didn't take that minor in Psychology after all...</span>
</font f>
I had a dream last night that I got a phone call from Kent Shakespeare. I see Kent on FB all the time, but I do miss him here. frown
I miss Kent, too, Rocky. frown

Cobie and Lardy have been in my dreams a lot, maybe because of the animated (but always civil) discussions we've had in the Gym'll forum.
Uh, earlier this week, I dreamed that there was a weird black pipe thing in our kitchen that was spewing Cheerios and bits of cork everywhere. mr_cleome was trying to catch the debris with a big trashcan so the whole house wouldn't flood.

So I had to call my temp agency and tell them that I'd be late to work. When I dialed the number, I got put on hold and treated to a perky song about the joys of working for the agency. And... in the middle was a rap by Vanilla Ice.

I can't even describe how badly, upon waking, I wanted to call up the agency and inquire as to whether Mr. Ice's services were available for assignments locally.
Had a dream about Lash the other day. Something else else about him coming out to somebody...have no idea where that came from.
Power Girl! It was set around the '70s All-Star series, with elements of Infinity, Inc. I was a member, maybe Star-Spangled Kid, but I'm not sure. There was one moment where she made a dumb mistake and didn't know who had done it. She asked for the person's name. My response: "Do you prefer Kara Zor-L or Karen Starr?" laugh
^^Typical chauvinist pig. wink
lol BTW, at least in my dream, "Kara Zor-L" is pronounced exactly the same as "Kara Zor-El".
A giant talking praying mantis that tried to kill me and a little girl.
I had another JSA dream. This one was a Legion crossover, but I don't remember the details.
Blaze was tickling me, as usual! And he wouldn't stop even after I counted to 10! mad
I was with Invisible Brainiac under a starry night, holding each other's hands, without a care in the world.
Blaze made me breakfast in bed, only it wasn't breakfast because it was a dimsum buffet.

Then Blaze's sisters came and did a tap dance, while the giant cat that hides in Blaze's cellar turned into a flying Kryptonite kitty.

Oh, and Blaze promised to do whatever I say from now on wink
I had a truly weird dream last night about my former idol, Julian Cope.

In the dream, I was a fly-on-the-wall witnessing Cope having a mystically-related nervous breakdown that proved fatal. Then this omniscent voice said, "Don't judge him for what he was, judge him for what he could have been."

I'm sure it had something to do with my having recently read some damning allegations made about Cope's character by a former musical collaborator of his. I took the allegations with a grain of salt, or so I thought. I mean, when I say "former idol", I mean I still listen to a few of his albums, but I don't look up to him anymore. But somewhere in my unconscious, those allegations must have really made an impression.
I dreamt of having wacky adventures with my "sistah", Calm Yo Tits... but maybe it wasn't a dream?
I was visiting Fanfic Lady and her family at their palatial summer estate. It was really gorgeous (an incredibly lush garden just a stone's throw from the beach!), and my Spanish was impeccable. Except... I deeply offended the family by constantly forgetting which country we were in.

shocked Sorry, FL.
lol

No worries, Cleome. In RL, my father's side of the family CAN be a little too proud sometimes.

(It's Ecuador, BTW.)
Wonder Woman in a bad costume.

Then a group of high school girls moved the wall behind my house forward two feet. I retrieved a knife to protect myself from intruders, before realizing they were high school girls, Decided they were harmless when I noticed they were sweeping up the mess they had made. My dog got out and stole their dust pan.
This is weird and embarrassing to admit, but Kent was in my dream the other night! Not the LMB Kent, but the actual poster behind the ID, whom I've met a few times in RL.

It was a weird "back in high school dream", except, Kent was also with me, as a fellow student, even though we were the same ages as we are in real life. I can't quite remember what was going on but there was a heated debate, and Kent was supporting the point I was making.

Even subconsciously, I'm smart enough to realize when Kent agrees with a point you've made, you done good!
lol

I had a great/weird dream last night, but it was a road trip with a friend from another board. We were on a road trip to New Zealand, where I had a job offer.
I had a dream about the poster formerly known as STU. We met up somewhere. I remember little else.
I had a job delivering pizzas and I had to wear a pirate costume. The boss told me I couldn't take it off while I was on the clock but that I could take the eyepatch off to drive. The delivery I had to make was in some kind of dirty, run-down shopping center and I had to park around the loading dock area.
A guy who on whom I've had an unrequited crush for many years showed up in my dream last night. In the dream, it was a little more requited. wink
JUST woke up from a nap starring Ian Somerhalder!

He is a LOT of fun to run around with and also a very good kisser... although he likes to play it coy too.

Last thing I remember before I woke up was us riding with a group of folks in the back of a pickup truck on our way to a party while this Erasure song was playing! Also he had given me a lot of money to hold onto.

*dreamy sigh* I liked that dream.
[Linked Image]
Quite some time ago:

[Linked Image]

By the blank stare of MLLASH ... Jeff Bridges is a bad bad man.
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
[Linked Image]
rotflmao
The guy who gave you that hickey on your chest.
I've had Castle on the last few nights as I fall asleep. I had a dream that my son had been kidnapped and that the FBI wouldn't do anything for 48 hours. I was in my truck and headed to the FBI office in Florence, pissed off and ready to burn the town down.

Then I woke up and realized that the story on Castle was a kidnap story involving a kid.

I felt a bit bemused and rueful, but still had the adrenaline flowing and ready to stomp somebody's gozzle out.
Alan Scott... I was trying to explain to my brother about the various Green Lanterns, and I told him that rumor has it that Alan Scott is going to come out of the closet...
[clutches own skull]

I don't wanna' talk about it!!11
[clutches a different skull]

Alas, poor Yorick . . . I knew him not at all, but his head makes a good door stop.
last night's dream involved an old friend and several peeps from another forum I've been on.
Brad Pitt... I was taking some kind of class that he was teaching...
Fun, weird dream last night!

I dreamt that Teeds came to Memphis and did a massive art/comedy display at the Agricultural Center. It was quite the success and very amusing. It involved fake ads and a weird clothes display sorted by color where you could also buy the clothes on the cheap.

Teeds was wearing pants that were too big for her, so she took one of her belts from the clothes display.

I took her to dinner, she said fast food was fine but I had $100 so we went to a fancy Italian place, our appetizer was fried cheese balls (I have not had those in probably 15-20 years).

When she left, she drove off in a beat-up convertible mini-cooper. Get out of my dreams, drive off in your car, Teeds.
All my ancestors yelling at me. Or maybe praising me. I couldn't tell.
Amusement and fried cheese balls and reasonably priced clothing? Very good, very good.

But what color was the Mini?
I am *wanting* to remember that it was white, but honestly, 4 days later, I can't say that with 100% certainty.

The belt you took though, for your too-big bluejeans? Definitely white.
I can't say I've ever dreamed of playing the Agricenter...BUT I SHOULD HAVE.

I notice they're having a Flea Market on Dec. 1-2. "The Big One."
Reserve your spot now!
Zombies...lots and lots of zombies.
Lardy was there, and Cobie, and Nightcrawler...

... and we were trying to find two virgins so we could take control of the Emerald Eye.

And I knew it was a dream because we were only interviewing the girls, and Cobie wasn't insisting on a physical exam...
I suppose this thread makes a good "Dream Log" type thread? Let's just all agree, yes, shall we?

PS/ And if anyone wants to try to interpert the dreams please feel free!

Anyhoo, last night, 2 separate tangents:

The major dream was zombie-centric. People in my old workplace were there for a zombie apocalypse. Trick was, some of the zombies were calm and sitting and some were violently dangerous. One could tell who had been zombie-fied or not because the zombies had glowing eyes, but you couldn't tell if they were gonna just sit there or go batshit crazyballz on you, so it was kinda freaky. I spent most of the dream hiding until I could get to a friend's (mostly trashed) vehicle with him and escape.

Dream within a dream: My head was heavy with a chalk-white material... I washed it away and my hair was its usual ravishing bountiful fullness.

I never said I was without issues.
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Dream within a dream: My head was heavy with a chalk-white material...
An angelic halo, perhaps? angel
Quislet, Esq.!

(I went to see a musical version of the Sherlock Holmes books, and he was portraying Lestrade.)

It's true! (The audience was very enthusiastic when he appeared onstage, too.)
Blaze and I were hiding out in a Japanese cemetery, for some reason.

And there was plenty of sake, and an elevator hidden within a tomb.
I had a dream .... I was dating Chris Hemsworth. Thor.

... best dream ever. I want to try again tonight haha!
All my dreams lately have involved rushing to classes and never getting there.
I dreamed that I caught the bouquet at the PB/J/Hemsworth wedding! w00t!

Just kidding.

No, last night's dream was sort of like this: I was on a hip cable sitcom playing the dowdy, token straight "gal" friend of young, perky married lesbians who owned a swanky clothing boutique.

I was standing in front of a mirror in a very revealing black evening gown feeling nervous. All the other women were assuring me that I looked fantastic, but I was skeptical...
You need to stop watching network TV, cle. wink

I had a dream I was accepted to some sort of Japanese diving competition. I don't and didn't know how to dive (like in the Olympics). I asked my partner (it was a synchronized diving competition) to teach me a few tricks before we got there. We were taking a boat to Japan. (I am also afraid of heights but that didn't come up in the dream)

Unfortunately Tom Daley, British bronze medalist in diving and ... star of the tv show SPLASH where he takes British B celebrities and teaches them how to dive in an American Idol-like competition ... was nowhere to be seen in the dream. It is probably a good thing. He is only 18.
There was also no Chris Hemsworth to be found in my dreams last night. frown

Also it appears he is married and has a child so ... there is no cosmic significance of my dream two nights ago. wink
Blaze and I went double-dating with Matt Dallas and Blue Hamilton. We ended up drunk in a very tight hot tub, and...

Originally Posted by He Who Wanders
You need to stop watching network TV, cle. wink

[sulks] But I already read all the Proust and Conrad on the shelf. TWICE!
You were there... and you, and you, and you...
Awesome zombie dream the other night. I and many others were looking down from the balcony of a highrise. There was a bunch of people trying to get into the building or camped outside the building. And then here comes some zombies. Everyone scattered and screamed and ran amok. What I really can't forget is the point-of-view of the whole thing, looking down on the awfulness taking place so far below.

Last thing I recall, the railing we were leaning against gave way and fell. It wasn't clear to me wether or not it was actually safe to go inside the highrise building from the balcony we were on.

The zombie dreams are really creepy and sometimes really scary, but I always like them.
Liz Lemon was in my dream last night. Perhaps because 30 Rock is ending? Anyway, the whole dream seemed to be about dealing with "things" coming to an end.
Nothing ever ends, Lasher. It just takes an unexpected plot twist. wink
Me. I make everything wierd.
Last night Rhino was in my dream! I slipped on some ketchup and fell down, and Rhino helped me up, then told me he had just had a dream that I would slip in ketchup! I commented that it was pretty cool how he had predicted my future like that. Secretly I suspect he is trying to kill me... CherryBomb
lol. I thought you meant you slipped on (as in "put on") some ketchup. Somehow, that didn't strike me as odd.
In my dream, Blaze was naked and I was dragging him around while he sat on a tent.

It's absurd, but at least it's better than his dream in which I fell of a bridge!
Okay, you know you've gone WAY too far when it does not strike someone as odd that you applied ketchup to your body.

Gorpo

Last night I dreamed I was Casper the Friendly Ghost. It was a lucid enough dream that I was able to remember the powers Casper had so I was able to fly, walk through a wall and turn invisible.
The iPhone 5. Yes, I need a new phone.
Ihad a dream. I had an awesome dream. People in the park, playing games in the dark....
Had a dream. It was war. And they couldn't tell me what it was for . . .
last night I dreamed I was a cleaner at a college dorm. I was cleaning one room when I found a LARGE pet 8 eyed crocodile.

I was very worried. Especially since it kept following me around the small room pointing its snout at me.

I figured out it was hungry, found some left over salmon in the fridge ... which it liked but was still hungry!

so during the cleaning i found a huge stack of meat ... i gave it some red meat accidently and it didn't like it ... chewed it up and spit it out ... it didnt like cooked chicken either ... it just really like salmon cooked or uncooked.

It was kind of cute after I figured out it didnt want to kill me.
My ex-girlfriend, who wanted me to help her sell grooming products.

I don't pretend to understand it either.
[Linked Image]
I challenge everyone on LW to today, use the phrase "Get out before I slap your sassy face."
A giant spider. I'm still creeped out.

My favorite client. Sarcasm completely intended. Gah! I need a vacation.
Weird and hilarious:

I dreamt last night that I was at a giant estate sale/antique mall and found a comic called Legion of Decency in a longbox of old comics.

Folks, I was super-excited and couldn't wait to get back here. I wanted to scold you all for knowing about this rare gem starring our very own Legion, but not ever telling me about it.

This was an annual-sized comic. The drawing style was odd: Kind of part-Paul Pope, part mid-period Giffen, part adorable big-headed Sanrio. There were both black & white and color sections.

Strangest of all: I was mesmerized reading the introduction, which was a long discussion with Levitz, Giffen, and Berger all talking about how they used to work out rough layouts of the stories together before Giffen actually started drawing. Some of the sample roughs were in there, too.

Yeah, I was bummed out to wake up and realize that it was all just in my mind. OTOH, this is just the kind of dream a person needs to have when she's worried that she might have lost all her nerd cred.
You know, I remembered my dream this morning. But I've completely forgotten about it now. I just remember it was about work.
I dreamed I ran into two guys I knew during my freshman year in high school.

Randy and Jim were two guys I hung out with between classes. I had known Randy since kindergarten, and Jim was someone I met in high school. They were both in ROTC; neither Rodney (the fourth guy who hung out with us) nor I were.

In high school, I had a lot of problems. I was the kid everyone picked on, or so it seemed. It got so bad that I stopped going to school. My mother (bless her) persuaded the school to send a teacher to and from our house (we lived only a block away) to drop off and collect my assignments. That's how I passed. The next year, I went to a different school.

Because I was taught (as was my mother) to be ashamed of any personal problems I was having, I never told Randy, Jim, or Rodney what was happening. I just disappeared from their lives. I was actually afraid of running into them in the town where we lived in case I'd have to explain what happened.

I saw Randy and Jim separately a couple of times afterwards. Randy worked in a local restaurant. Jim was dating the sister of one of my brother's friends. Neither ever asked me what happened. I didn't know whether to be relieved or disappointed.

In the dream, I was walking through a path when someone called to me. It was Randy. He looked the same as he did then, with the same bowl-shaped haircut. Jim came and joined us; he actually looked older, with grey hair. I got a chance to explain to them what I wrote above, about what I was going through and why I disappeared from school. Both told me they didn't know I was being picked on and were hurt by my disappearance; I had no idea.

In the wake of Robin Williams' apparent suicide, it's easy to forget, when we are in pain, that we are not alone. One of the worst lies that world tells us is that no one will understand and that our friends will judge us if we admit our weaknesses. Such lies keep us from intimacy, keep us from the truth, and ultimately keep us from ourselves.

I last saw these guys around 1978, just about the time Robin Williams was ascending as a star in Mork & Mindy. It's amazing to think that our lives are intertwined, and that there may be some sort of spiritual cause and effect: his suicide may have prompted my dream in some way. In doing so, it unearthed a lot of buried feelings and thoughts.

There is nothing good about suicide. But one thing we human beings do is take the worst and grow something positive from it. Williams' suicide prompted at least one FB friend to admit that she, too, had once tried to commit suicide. There has been an outpouring of grief and understanding from others (and, admittedly, the odd wacko theorist). This sort of openness is helpful and healing. It helps us make sense of who we are.

Thanks, Robin, for sharing your life and your amazing talent with us. And thank you, Randy, Jim, and Rodney, for being my friends, wherever you are.
^ Thanks for sharing your story and your dream and your wisdom.
Yes, what LT said. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, LT and Ibby.
Wow, that was deep. Thank you for sharing that, HWH.
Thank you, Braal Janitor.
... it's easy to forget, when we are in pain, that we are not alone. One of the worst lies that world tells us is that no one will understand and that our friends will judge us if we admit our weaknesses. Such lies keep us from intimacy, keep us from the truth, and ultimately keep us from ourselves.

THIS!!!

In spades.

Thanks for elucidating this idea so clearly. It's something I've long felt, but you phrased it perfectly. I guess that's why you're the writer, Huey. smile

So... with that out of the way, last night in my dreams I was walking through the county fair in Chatham, NY, holding my little sister's hand. I was my own age, but she looked to be like 12 years old or so (in other words, about 27 years younger than she currently is).

Hmmm... it's been a while, I should give old Sis a call. smile
Thanks, Ex.

Yep, I'd say your dream is trying to tell you something.
I don't remember much in the way of details, but I dreamt last night of the comedic adventures of Ibby and Stalgie!

There was totally a theme song!
Hmmm I wonder what our theme song would be? tongue
I hope it's not a song about one of us trying to kill the other and claim his share of the space-inheritance! tongue

I wonder EDE, what did we look like in your dream? Tee hee!

You know, I'd totally start a new thread about the Comedic Adventures of Ibby and Stalgie, but I don't have Photoshop on my computer and I don't have a public account where I can share photos from!
Ibby, use Pixlr instead of photoshop. It works the same way pretty much and it's a free online program you don't have to install! smile

http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/
Awesome, thanks Stalgie! I shall make time to try it out smile
Last night I dreamed I was writing a fanfic with Blue Beetle, the Question, and the other Charlton/Earth-4 characters.

Guess that's the next story I'll be working on in Real Life, then. The second installment of the Legion Every-Boot (which I've already done some work on) will have to wait.
I dreamed about my work deadlines last night. Not a pleasant dream.
Freddy Krueger. But in this sense:

Whenever I have Nightmare on Elm Street dreams, it's not that I'm being chased by Freddy or anything, it's like I'm watching some weird, twisted version of one of the movies.

Also I had this other dream yesterday where, after I woke up, I had this lingering sense that for some reason I had to retake some class at my old high school because of something having to do with Lehman, and I still can't tell if this was something that actually happened or not.
Not so much who as What. What as in a $1.50 Legion book from around the late 70's that had six full legion stories in them, one specifically being a U-Boy story set in space with him defending a citadel from marauding aliens in a gold colored flying car type thing. The art looked like transition art from Cockrum to Grell, but more solid like Swan.

This isn't actually a book as far as I know, and it pissed me off that I woke up before I could read the story.

Le Sigh. a fully realized Legion story in my head and it wouldn't let me read the damn thing.
I also have a recurring dream where there is some kind of salvage/discount store about ten miles from where I live that has all kinds of old stuff in it, and I routinely go there to find old comics and woodworking tools. I really hate that dream cause I wish the place was real.
I keep dreaming about work, which makes me sad.
Originally Posted by rickshaw1
I also have a recurring dream where there is some kind of salvage/discount store about ten miles from where I live that has all kinds of old stuff in it, and I routinely go there to find old comics and woodworking tools. I really hate that dream cause I wish the place was real.

smile I have the same shops appear in my dreams. Occasionally it's a rummage shop with comics, and I'm happy in the dream.
I'm happy in the dream too, Thoth. Then I wake up....
I keep having this recurring dream that I show up to my psychology class without pants on and everybody is laughing at me. I then have to run across campus to my dorm without getting noticed. blush
Originally Posted by Nostalgia Lad
I keep having this recurring dream that I show up to my psychology without pants on ...

I Dream of POV: Coming to a TV Network near you.
Maybe Pov and Stalgie were separated at birth.
Were their pants separated from them at birth too?
No, Stalgie's just ran away from him recently.

I'm sure I've had embarrassing naked/half-naked dreams too but I can't quite remember them in full detail.
I heroically saved a school bus from crashing in my dream last night. No superpowers were involved though. I jumped up and down from outside and waved at the driver. He slammed on his brakes, and I pounded on the hood of the car coming his way so it would back up.

I do excel at jumping up and down and yelling loudly. Ask anyone whose had to the bad fortune to watch me trying to clean the kitchen. That was a realistic touch.

I didn't recognize the bus driver, though.
I dreamt that my boss, a dean, had left the university to set up his own advertising agency, and several faculty members, including me, went with him. He was apparently quite wealthy as he continued to pay us even when business wasn't that good. I remember watching two twins with foreign accents design an ad and thinking I should comment but deciding not to interfere.
I remember watching two twins with foreign accents design an ad and thinking I should comment but deciding not to interfere.

Xamot and Tomax? wink
I don't think so. laugh

The dream characters were probably an amalgamation of three people I know: Twin artists of Vietnamese descent (who do not speak with accents) and a colleague from Albania (who does speak with an accent).

Funny how the unfettered mind works in dreamland.
I dreamed that a friend and I both found out that Alan Scott was really our father. At one point, we both said how disturbing it was that he "boinked our mothers". I noted that Jade and Obsidian were our older half-siblings. He began to object and I added "In the original Earth-Two continuity."
It's been a while since I could remember my dreams. Maybe it's a sign of poor sleep quality.

And I was drunk last night, so I can't even remember much of what happened then.
I dreamed last night that I was driving my car and blasting this song through the speakers:

I have, sadly, been dreaming about work a lot lately.
I've been having recurring dreams about waking up and going through my morning routine before really waking up. They're becoming almost too surreal sometimes.
I get those sometimes too, but they aren't always about routine events. Sometimes I get deja vu, and I can recall dreaming a scene similar to the event that is happening.
I had a dream last night that I was blackmailed by a cop to investigate a murder case or else she would make me pay all my speeding tickets. My two partners in the investigation? George Takei and William Shatner! laugh
I dreamt I was being chased by giant bunnies while trying to fix y work shoes and simultaneously emailing my favorite client that I was off work already thank you very much.

Conjure Lass had one with Jay-Z and Daniel Radcliffe. Hers was more fun.
It seems robots dream too, I dreamt of getting ready for jury duty.

No one said robot's dreams were exciting!
I am posting this for Lash. LW posting wasn't easy from his phone, and he had this weird thing about not believing you could use your laptop on your lap -- and didn't want to sit at his table. ANYWAY:

2/21, early AM

Lash: I had a great fever dream with EDE though!

TD: oh lord

Lash: He was over here, we were listening to Magic Night (which I don't own)

But he pulled out Jane Wiedlin (which I do own) and wanted to listen!! Record party with EDE dream!!

It was innocent fun

Goode olde fashion record party

TD: You'll have to post this wholesome goode olde salad friends record hop tyme

Lash: I will, I like having LMB dreams

My second EDE one

he was having fun

Been AWHILE since you popped into my dreams

TD: You can't afford me!

grin

Goode olde fashion record party!
Crap! I've totally forgotten the name of the hot nosferatu-chick who tried to seduce me in one of Lash's dreams late last year!
Nosferella?
Last night I dreamt I was on the Camino again. I stopped for the night at a Spanish farm, the owner of which had an adorable pug. All morning long - after I woke - my cairn terrier, Pippin, kept glaring at me as though I had done something wrong.
Pippin sensed your subconscious betrayal!!!

<glares>
So it's been a rare occasion for an LMBer to appear in my dreams but last night I had 2! It was one of the weirder, more interesting dreams I've had in awhile, and totally creepy. Unfortunately, my memories of it have really faded and I'm left scratching my head about what was going on.

But both Ex and EDE were in the dream with me, and the three of us were trying to solve some sort of mystery that had catastrophic implications. I'm almost certain nuclear war was involved. There was also a girl I knew from high school who I haven't talked to for years and I believe she was murdered; but was replaced by her doppelgänger from another Earth / dimension. I believe the conspiratorial bad guys were trying to bring people from other earths over as some sort of human trafficking / slave labor ring. I can't remember how EDE got to my home town but naturally he was there helping me solve it. Then Ex showed up with his car, picked us up, helped us rescue other earth Rachel and then we went on a long car ride down all kinds of spooky roads to get away. Also with us was someone I invented totally on my own though he did kind of look like Kevin Ollie, current head coach of the Uconn men's basketball team (but it wasn't him, I'm almost sure of it).

It was part Bridge of Spies, part Fringe, part Phantasm. And somehow the fact that we were the LMB made us targets or something.

I woke up around 5:00 am and felt like I had cracked some kind of code and understood something about a worldwide conspiracy involving human trafficking and other Earths. Then went to sleep and dreamt more about it but when I awoke at 6:00 I couldn't remember most of it.

(In other words, Eryk and Ex, be on the lookout for signs that this really happened and wasn't a dream).
Since it's well-known that dreams are actually visions of parallel earths, I think we can safely say that somewhere in the multiverse, this did occur! We should be especially diligent lest the inter-Earth human-trafficking ring begins kidnapping people from our Earth!
As with other things in your dreams, this sounds like something that should appear in The Comedic Adventures of Ibby and Stalgie!
Yes, well, it's good to see Legion Worlders upholding the Legion code in stopping interdimensional criminals

Plus, it sounds like a fun Espionage Squad mission

On the other hand, my dream which woke me up just before 6 AM this morning was about a job interview. I am waiting to hear from a school in Miami that I interviewed at - in the dream, the Dean called me and gave me a weird back and forth until finally saying NO.
AGH
Hm. The Dean sounds like he may have secretly part of an inter-Earth human trafficking ring. Be careful!
I shall keep that in mind

Though he's the nicest Dean I've ever met. Definitely way better than the ones at my current institution (who may well wish to be part of an inter-Earth human trafficking ring).
Careful, Myg-Andy S, you gotta watch out for the nice ones--all the better to keep you from suspecting they're secretly part of an inter-Earth human trafficking ring! nod

grin
I dreamed my dog trainer was giving me hell about not feeding "snake paste" to my snake - and I don't even have a snake. (Snake paste was some sort of homemade snake food, which I expect she was selling.)
Hmmmm... what slithers in the dreams of FC?
Originally Posted by Fat Cramer
I dreamed my dog trainer was giving me hell about not feeding "snake paste" to my snake -

Well we now know what Sneckie eats.
I dunno...feeding a snake sounds awfully phallic to me..... hmmm
Shouldn't the snake be doing the feeding, if so? hmmm
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Shouldn't the snake be doing the feeding, if so? hmmm

I blame you for my phallic metaphor being imperfect!
Aw, all phallic metaphors are perfect in their own way! Whether they be long references or short ones, or just the right length.

Ahhh the bends and curves of this thread!
Dreams take you everywhere
Into tight spaces you never imagined.
gasp

This thread has taken a strangely alluring turn as of late.

[clears throat]

I used to have a peculiar recurring dream in which I was trapped on the shoreline as high tide was coming in. There wasn't a cliff at my back per se. But the path away from the water had no rocks and stairs. There was no way to climb out, so nothing remained but to stay and watch the water as it rose.

But I always awakened before the tide started to reach my feet. hmmm
Crashing Comets! In a possible sequel to Cobie's dream, he was in my dream last night!

I don't remember much about it, except that we were infiltrating some sort of high society gathering, and Cobie was disguised as a black man!
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
Crashing Comets! In a possible sequel to Cobie's dream, he was in my dream last night!

I don't remember much about it, except that we were infiltrating some sort of high society gathering, and Cobie was disguised as a black man!

He wasn't black. He was cobalt.
I often dream that I can fly.

So when I know I'm dreaming, I make it a point to try to fly.

How did I miss this?!

It almost certainly was a sequel! Likely to learn which of the popular kids were also members of the evil secret society!

Since most other famous Desmonds in the USA are great black athletes, Bronze Age logic says it's only natural that I sometimes disguise myself as such!
And that brings me to my dream last night. I hesitated on posting about it today but figured what the hell.

Lash was in it. And it was kind of awesome! But when I woke up I felt a little down about it for some reason, for most of the morning. Though as I think about it some more, I think it was kind of nice. I told my wife about it and she said to enjoy when that happens. She's had similar dreams about her mom, who passed, over the years, and it's been nice.

I was living in my old room at my parents house when I was a kid (age 7-14 or so) and Lash was possibly my roommate instead of my brother. We were also friends with Jenna Fischer, though it may just have been Pam from the office. My sister and a friend from high school were also in it. Lash was trying to copy some coding formula but couldn't, but we thought the CD burner might just have been broken. I was embarrassed because my room was so messy. Fat Cramer wasn't in it but we kept referencing the fact that she needed this file for some reason. It's kind of funny since I don't know squat about computer tech stuff and neither did Lash. I'm almost certain the way he was talking in my dream wasn't near southern enough. But he did say "dang it, son!", which felt very Lash-ish.

I hardly have ever dreamt of LMBers ever, and now have had 2 in a short time. You've been on my mind a lot, LMB.
I often dream that I can fly.

So when I know I'm dreaming, I make it a point to try to fly.

I sort of fly in dreams, but it's more of a floating, glide that I have to concentrate on or I'll come down again. Likewise, it' takes a bit of concentration to get up there and it's never too high.

I'm sort of tactile around buildings in dreams as a result, as I don't have that fine control in my dream flying.

Oddly, this is something that carries over just a little into the "real" world. I'll occasionally touch railings, or columns if I'm turning corners. Not for the support, just because they're there. I also read that tactility is just one thing that can help with dementia. So hopefully long term benefits too, should these Peter Pan tights I wear not work and I get...older!
A friend and I were at a grocery store and he wanted to buy Moscato but lost his fake ID so he made me go buy it. I go up to the cashier with the Moscato and then he asks me where my ID was and threatens to call the cops on me. Then he reveals he's just messing around and then gives me a free bottle of apple Ciroc and a copy of LoSH #300.

Fever dream or omen of the future? You decide! eek
I don't know, but since I can't have booze anymore, is it okay if I borrow the comic instead?
Sure! Give me a second to nap first though! wink
I dreamed that we were making a cartoon series about the LMB-verse crossing over into the DC Universe. The Legion had been scattered through time, and we split up to find them.

I remember realizing it must have been a dream, and thinking of coming here to post and telling you all,

"and you were there, and you, and you..."

Well, don't spare us any details! tongue
Jeepers! I totally had an LMB dream the other night as well!

Don't remember a lot of it, but somehow the fate of the world hinged on me, Cobie, and Lady Cobalt playing Kent, Pov, and Conjure Lass in a game of Pictionary! And our team was doing really badly!
Maybe you should have been playing a game of chess with Despero.
Or a fishing derby with D'Spayre!
Or robotic 3D chess with COMPUTO!

Originally Posted by Kappa Kid
Well, don't spare us any details! tongue

I forgot most of it frown I vaguely remember EDE, you, Lash, Cobie, Lardy and Greybird.... sigh I miss Lash and Grey. And cleome and Fanfie and Rocky and Reboot and Emily and Nightcrawler I think were there. And we found Bouncing Boy, Live Wire and Saturn Girl and were on our way to get Apparition.

And the super Pets were there and Blok the Pet Rock...
I want a dream upgrade so I can be a star in my own dreams, too. Not just in IB's.

nod

I forgot most of it frown

Tis the fleeting nature of our dreams. sigh

Don't remember a lot of it, but somehow the fate of the world hinged on me, Cobie, and Lady Cobalt playing Kent, Pov, and Conjure Lass in a game of Pictionary! And our team was doing really badly!

Luckily, I think we must have won! Because Pov's dirty mind would have caused him to dwell on super-sexual, albeit wrong, answers!

Naturally this was an extension of the inter-dimensional human trafficking plot, though the how & why are lost to dream time.
Here's a dream I had last week. Since I sent notes to a friend on a couple of hours later, I can still post about it smile

I had a dream earlier involving a woman being turned into a cat and possibly killing someone before she was turned back, Batman & co, a family of BRIAN BLESSEDs, a gameshow involving a bunch of random people on a cliff (including me and some various celebrities, even though I was meant to be working "backroom" and was only there because I'd been messed around so much by the office being moved) being asked questions, and a Russian strike team being offended by something happening in during a break in the show involving finding an old crashed helicopter.

> That is amusingly insane. I approve of this dream.

Oh, I skimmed - partly because it was a few hours ago and it's fading, but it was if anything more insane than it sounds. The first part was a sort of murder mystery that also involved turning into fish to try and figure out what had happened, and it was only realised who was responsible when blood was found on her gauntlet. The youngest of the three BLESSEDs got upstaged constantly by his older brother, who got upstaged by HIS older brother. There was a thing about the middle brother stopping his younger brother getting on a train to Liverpool because he always got drunk on the train, which led to summoning the oldest brother, who was resting as a statue/portrait combo 'cause why not. This latter trait turned out to extend to all three brothers, and they activated the youngests' statue mode cause he wouldn't give in. This led to Spider-Man throwing a spear that was meant to remove something from the oldest's statue-thing, but actually removed Mary Jane from a portait of himself. This led to Batman being brought in, and putting a green plaster on Oracle's chin so she could walk so she could fly a helicopter...
Had a dream that someone who USED to be a friend moved into my apartment with his sister and they kept on demanding me to pay them money in a ridiculous scheme
I was younger and did it because I didn't want to have the conflict and wanted to remain friends

Ye gods, I'm glad that I'm not that person anymore.
Man. Reading all these makes me wish I remembered my dreams more often.

Like what Reboot did, the writing things on a notepad as soon as you wake up helps. With that other dream I shared, I logged on and posted as soon as I woke up.
I looked like Roxaas (the super-bad 2970's version. not the one from TMK) and I had a gorgeous lady sidekick who looked like young Veronica Lake (only with dark hair). We traveled the galaxy together. Everywhere we went, other sexy villains wanted to be our friends and help us destroy whole civilizations in cold blood.

shrug

Look, what do you want from me? I just report 'em. I don't compose 'em.
They say our dreams reflect our subconscious yearnings. wink
I have forgotten the dream, but I remember cleome and Mr. cleome being in it. Which is surprising as I don't know what cleome or Mr. cleome actually looks like.
They say our dreams reflect our subconscious yearnings. wink

I blame this place. tongue
Originally Posted by Quislet, Esq
I have forgotten the dream, but I remember cleome and Mr. cleome being in it. Which is surprising as I don't know what cleome or Mr. cleome actually looks like.

I think Exnihil can confirm his alarming resemblance to Cobie's much older, law-practicing, nonexistent 1st cousin. Damn reboots.
Originally Posted by cleome49
Originally Posted by Quislet, Esq

I think Exnihil can confirm his alarming resemblance to Cobie's much older, law-practicing, nonexistent 1st cousin. Damn reboots.

Cleome is related to Cobie by parallel-world marriage???

No, no... no arguments... it's now canon! (Off to update the LMB Family Tree)

(PS: about two weeks back I had a dream in which Teeds appeared, giving me a stern lecture. I don't remember what the lecture was about, but I have no doubt I probably deserved it.)
This all verifies what is well-known: Mr. Cleome is one damn good looking guy!
Well, I've always thought so. He also claims an affinity for beagles, BTW.
Originally Posted by Exnihil
PS: about two weeks back I had a dream in which Teeds appeared, giving me a stern lecture. I don't remember what the lecture was about....

Lecture subjects are noted on the invoice.

If there was no invoice, that was a Skrull.
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid

Luckily, I think we must have won! Because Pov's dirty mind would have caused him to dwell on super-sexual, albeit wrong, answers!

You're assuming that we weren't playing the Super-Sexual Edition of Pictionary! ElasticLad
I think that's your dream, Lardy.
Lola Falana
The Dream Universe really dropped the ball on the Eryk / Cobie dream plotline that was bouncing back and forth for a few months. I haven't had a dream with an LMBer in it in forever! And we were building such momentum!
Perhaps you should have some of what EDE is having!

Maybe that will give us something else more awesome, like...

The Coquettish Adventures of Fanfie and Cleome!

I call getting to be the producer on that show. tongue
I want to be the writer!

And the co-star!
I feel like I'm missing out on all the awesome Ibby and Stalgie awesomeness. But how in the world do I catch up?

Is there a summary? Does part 2 start in a new thread?
That's a great idea! We should put a table of contents on the first page... the first bits of craziness started out as random, unconnected fumettis but we eventually introduced some discrete story arcs.

Stalgie and I are fixing up a table of contents!
[Linked Image]
Paul Lynde
This guy I disliked in college
Nobody. It was really rather lonely.
I was platonic pal & confidante of Johnny Storm. He'd just broken up with his long-time boyfriend: Clark Kent. I took Johnny to the Chinese buffet to try and cheer him up, but we were both sad and just picked at our food.

rotflmao

Sorry. Delayed reaction. At least when the thrift shop's having its big sale on flannel we won't get into any fisticuffs.
Originally Posted by cleome50

rotflmao

Sorry. Delayed reaction. At least when the thrift shop's having its big sale on flannel we won't get into any fisticuffs.

Does that make your show a spin off of ours? laugh hmmm
nod There are rare cases, like with The Bionic Woman, where a spin-off is an even bigger success than the original. I say we should go for it!
Yay! I love the idea of my dream having a spinoff!
I feel like I should remember who was in my dream but I don't. I know it felt like someone in authority (Charles Xavier-ish) complimenting me on a talk I was giving
Tuesday night - Something else else in a walled garden, where there were abnormally large slugs and snails. Then there were snakes. Nice weather though.

Wednesday night - Fighting through impossibly high hordes of skeleton things while being part of a system monitoring the event. Stuck in a isometric video game.

No doubt both were between all the fluffy light hearted dreams.
There were other people in the dreams. But who?
An ex-boyfriend (and now good friend) adopted a kid because I was moving to SoCal (and he lives in LA)

Also, an editor emailed me about word count on an article that's a month late. (While the article is technically late IRL, I didn't need the editorial nagging in my dreams)
I woke up, only to find that I was in a dream. That usually means what seems like hours of being trapped in a body that I know is asleep, completely unable to move despite trying to fight it. But I managed to force myself awake a few nights ago. It takes a lot of mental effort, but I am now feeling confident that I would be able to fight back if Universo takes over the world.
I had a Legion dream last night, where Team 20 showed up in present day continuity, having been there off-panel for "six years" ever since they'd got thrown back in time (never having got home), and then convoluted stuff I can't quite remember involving (more) time travel so that T20 Saturn Girl was also one in Rebirth.
Thanks for finding and bumping this thread, Reboot.

Now I can share this in its rightful place:

Last night, I dreamed I was watching a documentary on a forgotten 1970s rock band who sounded like a cross between Genesis and Chicago.
There were ducks in the hotel corridor. At least three of them walked through the fairly plush red carpeting. Their webbed feet left dark impressions on the floor as they walked. They weren't tracking through dirt, the touch of their webbed feet created footprints of darkness that faded as the carpet pushed up after the ducks had walked past. Their tracks held the key to the investigation. The ducks began to turn into a room.

Gosh, Thoth, I hope you're not going quackers.
smile
That wasn't a fowl comment, was iy?
I'll refrain from using puns on yet another thread. Besides, my puns are worth charging you for. If I used one, I'd have to bill you.
Um... This board.

While dreams are highly subject to many and varied interpretations, I went with the most complicated. It was "Log in and tell everyone you're not dead yet, Slacker!"
Oh, and I also had a dream last night that all the world agreed to put an end to war. This obviously means I'm the lost heir to the Seeger fortune, so I'm going out right now to buy myself a banjo.
I was going to say "and I'm the Emperor of Japan", but I'm still hoping someone will tell me that I am the long-lost son of a past emperor and have some claim to the royal family riches...
Originally Posted by cleome52
Oh, and I also had a dream last night that all the world agreed to put an end to war.

But what would we do? Our economy is geared towards getting other countries to "defend" themselves and occasionally show off our weapons by killing "combatants." Why, with no war who would protect all our multinationals and corrupt officials pillaging the resources of everyone else? What a nightmare! smile
Girl with whom I went to the prom... shockingly, things did not end well...
Incidentally, that was 30 years ago... I can still remember it like it was 30 years ago...
© Legion World