Legion World
This is the official thread in which you are to discuss the current election of the LMB Leader (and Deputy Leader). This thread is intended to make general comments about the election process and the candidates.

All candidates must announce their candidacy in this thread for it to be considered official!

See this thread for the rules and for upcoming announcements.
Goodness, looks like all the candidates are biding their time. I haven't seen an announcement of candidacy yet!
Folks, I realize that the idea of following Fanfie and me is a little daunting, but, really, you get to put "Your Leader" or some such as your title for a whole year! It's fun! laugh
Posted By: Umber Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/01/12 08:16 PM
Y'all broke hoes need to get to steppin up.
Ha! Ha!
Anita, are you not taking this seriously?

I certainly hope you are not. Why do you think I suggested you run in the first place?
I'd vote for Auntie Anita!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/02/12 06:42 PM
Bloody Liberty! Doesn't anyone want to be seduced by absolute power? We need some candidates for leader!

Don't make me make a mockery of this! RobinIII

I swear, I'll run for leader with Nightcrawler as my deputy with the promise to promote him to co-leader! I'll do it!

Actually, I might do that. That could be fun.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/02/12 06:44 PM
The Cobalt Kid / Nightcrawler ticket is officially in business!

The plan:

Cobie runs for leader.
Cobie makes Nighty co-leader
Cobie steps down to become Deputy leader
Nightcrawler ipso facto is elected leader of Legion World! He's too great a guy to ever run himself!

Plus, I get the satisfaction of pulling one over on the other candidates, should they ever exist! And will be recorded as winning an election, if it happens! Yay!

I highly recommend other candidates with similar sneaky plots (I'm looking at you Lash & Ester) find your own heroic running mates to compete. tongue
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/02/12 06:48 PM
PS - don't worry, I'll ask Nighty for his permission to be my running mate...after we win and I crown him leader.
Posted By: Exnihil Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/02/12 08:07 PM
That Cobalt Kid thinks he's so smart.

Consolidating the leadership of Legion World and the LMB under a single crown? He calls that political corruption?

I wrote the book on corruption, my friend.

Hmmm... if I were to run... who would my running mate be? I could highlight the absurdity of this political process by simply choosing someone at random, I suppose.

I've always been fond of the number, "247". Let me just consult the Legion World membership directory and see who falls on Page 2, number 47...

Oh!

Oh, that is just delicious!

I, Exnihil, hereby declare my candidacy for LMB Leader, running on a ticket with my close personal friend...

The Election Tyrant!

Now that's corruption.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/02/12 08:17 PM
Bah! Let the <strike>war</strike> debate begin!
Posted By: cleome57 Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/02/12 08:32 PM
[snip]

Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Bloody Liberty! Doesn't anyone want to be seduced by absolute power? We need some candidates for leader!
I already served once! <span style="font-size: 11px;">(And anyway, I don't have a thing to wear to the seduction. Sorry.)</span>
Posted By: Umber Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/02/12 08:51 PM
If y'all broke triflin hoes don't take this shizz more serious, ima throw my tits into the ring. And yes this is for real real... not a fanta sea!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/02/12 09:00 PM
Who would be your running mate? The Colonial?
Posted By: Umber Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/02/12 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Who would be your running mate? The Colonial?
That hoe old.
Maybe it's time for EDE to run!
Isn't there a list of former leaders and deputies somewhere? I recall seeing it at some point. There are a few people I'd like to nominate, but only if they haven't already served.
Posted By: Exnihil Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/03/12 12:39 AM
You can find such a list:

HERE
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/03/12 12:41 AM
But point of clarity: there is no allowing for nominations. One can only run themselves, not nominate.

Which is why I'm running with Nighty as a running mate with the idea to step down and let him be leader! In other words, I'm circumventing the rules and running on his behalf!
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/03/12 11:37 PM
Good luck to all...
After many years of fixing *cough* administering LMB elections, I think it's only right that I run. I accept Exnihil's offer.

Vote Ex and Tyrant. You don't want to know what will happen if you don't! evil
Being a sporting Tyrant and all, the Election Tyrant reminds all who would enter the election that the deadline to announce candidacy is Saturday evening.
Posted By: Jerry Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/05/12 02:09 AM
Because YOU demanded it !!

PB & J, the team that sticks together, and to the roof of your mouth, is officially in the race.

For your consideration as leader:

POWER BOY

Because he's got the power and because he's a boy.

His theme song.

For your consideration as deputy leader:

Jerry - Just in case PB breaks a nail in the middle of an awesome battle, has a nervous breakdown mid-term, or just needs a nap.

Bring on the fluffers.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/05/12 04:06 AM
Thanks Jerry. That was incredible.
The Election Tyrant hereby calls nominations closed.

Announced candidates are:

Exnihil and The Election Tyrant
Nightcrawler and Cobalt Kid
Power Boy and Jerry
[Omnicom Transmission]

Legion Worlders,

The Election Tyrant has had to lie low and hereby declares that the campaigning will continue most of the next week.

Campaigning will continue until Saturday, April 21 at noon (Central Daylight Time). At that point voting will commence.
[/Omnicom Transmission]
Posted By: cleome57 Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/15/12 08:14 PM
This election just isn't doing much for me. I think what it needs is more pageantry. But swimsuits are too undignified, not to mention passe'.

hmmm

I've decided to give my vote to whichever candidate promises to serve out their entire term dressed like Major Victory.

[Linked Image]

Who will have the courage to bring glamour (not to mention swingy hips and green-tinted brilliantine) back to elected office? I'm waiting to hear from you!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/15/12 08:48 PM
Coincidentally, I have a Major Victory outfit handy just in case! Consider it done!
Posted By: Jerry Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/15/12 11:03 PM
In the Adult LMB Story, it was shown that Power Boy is destined to grow up to become Major Victory, wearing that exact costume. He's already working on getting the swinging hip thing down. His efforts are impressive. Cleome, I promise to do everything I can to keep that story "in continuity" - if you know what I mean.
Originally posted by Jerry:
[b]Because YOU demanded it !!

PB & J, the team that sticks together, and to the roof of your mouth, is officially in the race.

[/b]
So... what else do you two stick to?
Posted By: Jerry Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/18/12 04:06 AM
We stick to business, Baby!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: April 3012 Election Discussion Thread - 04/23/12 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Jerry:
In the Adult LMB Story, it was shown that Power Boy is destined to grow up to become Major Victory, wearing that exact costume. He's already working on getting the swinging hip thing down. His efforts are impressive. Cleome, I promise to do everything I can to keep that story "in continuity" - if you know what I mean.
I expected to do much more hip thrusting while running for office.
© Legion World