Legion World
I decided we needed one.
He deserves it for being one of the best writers and designers on Legion World.
For what he got for me at comicon, he is beyond awesome.
He let me pass him in the Legion Hot 100. I am undeserving. While my posts are mostly inane, his are certainly "ane"...and funny too.
Twas Exnihil that warned us all about the dangers of Cadbury Creme Eggs™.
even if he never posted anything else, the mission monitor board symbols cemented his place in the wall of fame
He's always coming up with something unusual and delightful.
He was one of the first people I told about my wife being pregnant with our first baby (incl family and close friends)!

Plus, we met before he even joined LW!

He space-rawks!
He introduced himself to me in San Diego in '08 and somehow used his amazing powers to wipe that meeting from my memory.

Honestly, I feel awful that I don't remember it. A lot of people who were not at that point active posters introduced themselves to me while I was staffing the LW booth. nod
<waves hand dismissively in slight embarrassment>

Oh, go on, you guys! No... seriously... go on! wink

Thanks for all the kind words, everybody, but, if anything, it's how awesome this place is that I think really brings out the best in people, both creatively and in community building.

This might sound uber-corny but (as I suspect is true for most people here) when I was younger I read about this fictional Legion and just fell in love with the concept of a large group of tight-knit people who epitomized both diversity and teamwork, and who, through their very relationships, helped to make each other better people. They were so much more than a team... they were a family.

When I found you guys, I realized "The Legion" wasn't fictional at all.

Before I get all misty, I suppose I'll just add my own "Exnihil awesomeness" anecdote by mentioning that I do have one of his kidneys. <checks again> No... no... I mispoke... both of his kidneys! Awesome.
Meet Exnihil in person is #1 on the list "100 things to do before you die".
Exnihil is more awesome than Chuck Norris. He's just more humble about it.
Ex has awesome taste in reality-competition TV shows...
It is always talk, talk, talk! Why isn't anybody doing anything aboout this?
Things that make me proud to have been born in Philadelphia:

Todd Rundgren
Gamble & Huff
Teddy Pendergrass
Hall & Oates
Cheesesteaks
Scrapple
Larry Fine...and...most of all...EXNIHIL!! love
The awesome Ex is here right now!!

Hi, Ex. hug
Hiya, Fanfie. A hug right back.

So, I told Mrs. Nihil about this thread... I will assume her laughter will die down shortly... at least I hope so... sustaining that for three hours straight can't be healthy.
Ex, how did you like that list at the bottom of page 1 of things that make me proud to have been born in Philadelphia? Other than your special mention, of course, which I imagine you loved. laugh
It's Always Sunny On Legion World (When Ex is In.)
Originally posted by Exnihil:
...it's how awesome this place is that I think really brings out the best in people, both creatively and in community building.

This might sound uber-corny but (as I suspect is true for most people here) when I was younger I read about this fictional Legion and just fell in love with the concept of a large group of tight-knit people who epitomized both diversity and teamwork, and who, through their very relationships, helped to make each other better people. They were so much more than a team... they were a family.

I don't like Ex because he reads my mind, and then puts my thoughts in much better words than I would have.
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
Ex, how did you like that list at the bottom of page 1 of things that make me proud to have been born in Philadelphia?
Philly does indeed rock. Did you ever hit Jon's Bar and Grill on South Street (former home of Larry Fine)? The enormous "Larry" mural is alone worth the drive.

But... Scrapple? Really... Scrapple? smile
I walked by Jon's the last time I was up in Philly. It looked awesome. I don't know yet when I'll get back to Philly, but when I do I'll stop in for sure.

As for Scrapple...grease is the word. laugh
Mayavale is glad to see this thread celebrating his dear old friend Exnihil, who once saved his life when he was nearly thrown overboard during a sea storm!

Now, some might say that he was merely preserving my existence because he knew he might later need someone to sell into slavery in case he encountered hostile pirates, which is what later happened, but I believe this incredible foresight only proves how remarkable Exnihil really is!
YEAH EX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
band

I'm such a follower!
I wonder if we could start a campaign to rename the Philly cheesesteak, "The Exnihil." Or we could just build a lunch special around the name by serving the sandwich with a dirty martini and a rerun of Doctor Who.
Mrs. Nihil keeps him humble - or maybe he's just humble naturally.
Ex once took on the burden of running the world for a day so Bill Gates and Warren Buffet could play bridge! In the the process invented American and Canadian Thanksgiving!
He's super-cute!!! *dreamy sigh*
Originally posted by MLLASH Siegel:
Finally! An observation I don't have to be humble about.
It's true... I am super cute!

Self- love wink
Rumor has it that Exnihil is responsible for saving the world from takeover by Evil Soap Mummies!
Ex always, ALWAYS washes his hands after going to the bathroom!
With but a wave of his hand, he stops dogs from yapping and cats from scratching the furniture!
Exnihil is the bee's knees. Shame on all you lurkers for not voicing your adoration yet.
Have I mentioned how cute Ex is? Because, like, he totes is super-cute!!
I hear he owns no less than 44 different neck ties.
...and 11 bowties.
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Yes -

Originally posted by MLLASH:
- and I agree!
He's very creative. Can write and design symbols for us all!
Exnihil is the opposite of denial! wink
Ex sent a text, and put a hex on my TexMex, scared a T-Rex, now he's an ex-

Ah forget it, I'm done!
Ohmygod! He's just so like the super-awesomeness ...of Space!

And junk like that!
Just look at him... Sooo Fine! Too bad he's married.
Knock it off you two. You're only saying those things because he made super cool MMB Symbols for both of you.

(And because it's true)
He went to Spatula World with me on my birthday and let me pick out whatever I wanted!
He doesn't go out and buy the comics, the comics come to him man!
Originally Posted by MLLASH

Man, sometimes you just see a thread title and think, "I wish I'd started that thread!" only to click on it and find out you did! wink
I hereby declare I shall drink myself into a drunken stupor in his honor tonight!
I was happy the other day to (re)discover that I'd started a Chupacabras thread! lol
Ex is quite simply Amazing...
I'm so glad Ex came to see me when Pico's was still in its original place. It moved into a more upscale neighborhood and got all bougie. The margaritas we shared were the best.
Originally Posted by Rockhopper Lad
It moved into a more upscale neighborhood and got all bougie.

"Bougie"?!? I think I know what you mean in that context, but I've known young African American friends use, I think, the same word and it's always mystified me... :confusedL
Man, I have to say I'm totally jealous of Ex for having a beautiful wife that's willing to co-host his podcast with him!
It means "Bourgeois", which Ex certainly is not.
I remember winning an elementary school spelling bee with Bourgeois tongue
I've posted while drunk on a thread for just such a thing before! But it wasn't this one. Are there others? Did they get closed for having too many posts?!? wink
I'm still waiting for Ex to head to the Asia-Pacific so I can show him around the Philippines (or at least the capital)!
Ex is part of the reason I visited Legion World again in 2014 and then was able to do SDCC again and am here right now! grin He's got charisma like whoa~
The only thing that prevents Ex from being The Most Interesting Man in the World is that he prefers Martinis to Dos Equis.
Exnihil is the spiffiest and I'm glad that's being recognized!
Ex is my hero. I want to grow up to be like him. Except taller.
Well, you know what they say - you can't have s-e-x without the Ex!
I think Ex can fly a helicopter. I don't know if anyone else on Legion World can fly a helicopter. That means he's always available to assist us with traffic forecasts when we're getting ready to leave work for the day.

cool
Incidentally, this:

Originally Posted by Exnihil

Easily awesome enough for a boithday shout out.

Happy Birthday, Ex!
© Legion World