Legion World
Posted By: Kinetix Giffen Interview - 04/04/05 09:41 AM
Over at the Collector Times , we've got an interview with Keith Giffen himself, and since a bunch of the staff are Legion nuts it *may* be of some interest to folks here. wink

J
Posted By: doublechinner Re: Giffen Interview - 04/04/05 02:20 PM
Thanks J. It's exciting to know that Keith likes the new Legion.
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: Giffen Interview - 04/04/05 03:45 PM
Thanks for the link, Kinetix.

Giffen's comment about now being able to be surprised by Legion stories was interesting. I kind of see his point... though I was surprised more than once in the reboot that was.

I was *really* disappointed by the news that the upcoming DEFENDERS title will only feature the initial four members. I like Namor... but the rest? Yawn. No Valkyrie, Nighthawk, Hellcat, Gargoyle, Cloud or Red Guardian means no Defenders for me. Too bad.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Giffen Interview - 04/05/05 02:31 AM
C'mon, Todd! While I agree, the initial 4 don't normally thrill me, GIFFEN'S Hulk, Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer should be worth the price of admission.
I am also very interested in Hero Squared. And what COULD this hush-hush upcoming DC work be?

No plans for Ambush Bug? *choke!* My feelings are hurt that DC and Giffen don't want more of my money!
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Giffen Interview - 04/05/05 04:25 AM
I read another interview of his recently talking about Defenders, his JLA(not) mini, Hero Squared. They asked him about the Legion and he said the same thing as this interview but goes into specifics more. He does mention the same about liking it very much and likes the all new aspect of it. No Universo around the corner, etc.

It's at Comixfan

http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/printthread.php?t=32250

"Look at Mark Waid's new Legion. I love it. I read that first issue, and I love it. I think it's the best incarnation of the Legion we've seen in a long, long time, and it's a Legion book that I can read. I can read it, I can enjoy it, and I don't know what's coming next.

No matter who takes over, you know the characters, you can pretty much guess what's going to happen. You're kind of one step ahead sometimes. 'Oh here come the Khunds again.' 'Oh, it's Universo' But with this new book, I can read it as a fan. So is it the way I would do the Legion? Absolutely not, but that doesn't mean it is any less valid."
© Legion World