Legion World
Tomorrow night, beginning between the hours of 8 PM - 4 AM MST, our host will be performing a kernel update on our server. The outage to be approximately 15-30 minutes. During this time, the website will not be accessible. This updated kernel brings further enhancements and fixes in all aspects of the kernel, the integral part of which the rest of the Operating System relies upon.
THANKS, OBAMA.

( wink )
tongue
So--just to be clear--the outage will only be 15-30 mins and will occur SOME time between those hours? If that's so, that's a worse guesstimate than what the cable company usually gives! lol

Sure makes it seem like the outage will be MUCH longer than 30 mins.... hmmm
Mmmmmmm... kernels... drool
We apologize that we cannot give you an exact time-frame between these 8 hours as to when you will experience the downtime due to the number of additional servers we will be performing this update on as well.
So, does that mean we can make popcorn afterwards?
Cigarettes might be more appropriate.

Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
our host will be performing a kernel update on our server.

I saw someone get slapped for trying to do that. Always ask permission and be sure to agree on the "safe" word.
I'll bring the butter! And cheese powder and BBQ powder and sour cream and condensed milk and ice cream...
I wonder who I'll wake up as this time, as the kernels are switched behind the scenes.
© Legion World