Legion World
Posted By: Reboot Posts per page - 07/09/03 07:23 PM
Just noticed that there's only 15 posts (max) on each page - isn't that a bit few?

*Recalls that the old DC Boards had 25 per page. Heck, even the new DCBs have 20*
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Posts per page - 07/09/03 07:54 PM
Well, when you consider that we are including avatars (although of a small file size) and some threads have images within the posts, I think that fewer posts per page will enable a slightly faster download for dial up users. It doesn't matter to me one way or another, since I have cable smile
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Posts per page - 07/09/03 08:10 PM
I was wondering if this was going to come up. I was looking through the control panel stuff earlier and noticed that it was set at the default that is 15 posts per page. I thought about upping it but didn't because of what the Princess mentioned. Those of us who are still on a dialup (myself included) may see a bit slower response if we up the limit.

So Gary, what do you think? Should we up the limit to say 20 per page?
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: Posts per page - 07/09/03 08:24 PM
When you consider that moving to the next page is just a simple click away, I would say that y'all should defer to the low-bandwith and dial-up users on this one, what with the image support and all (which rocks!!!)

I remember what it was like waiting for pages to load up. mad
Posted By: The Crusader Re: Posts per page - 07/09/03 08:45 PM
Well, my rule of thumb when setting up the various message boards that the LMBP have used over the years is "how the settings will affect dial up and webTV users?" I figured if I made it user friendly for them, then it would be just that much easier for the DSL/cable users.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Posts per page - 07/09/03 09:14 PM
I noticed the limit too when I set up and didn't change it due to the reasons mentioned above.

I suppose we can put it to a vote.

Scott, do you want to put a poll asking about this? I've just enabled polls in this forum.
Posted By: Thriftshop Debutante Re: Posts per page - 07/10/03 12:07 AM
I use dialup and I would prefer 25 posts per page. (I believe that's how Rob's board was set, and I didn't have any problems with it.)
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Posts per page - 07/10/03 12:32 AM
I've just posted a poll on this subject. Please vote there for your preference.

Also, I've disabled the polling feature again.
Posted By: Reboot Re: Posts per page - 07/10/03 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Also, I've disabled the polling feature again.
Ummm... you may need to turn it back on again. Me & Princess Cru (at least) can't vote.
© Legion World