Legion World
Posted By: razsolo Can I block posts from a specific user? - 12/14/11 09:11 AM
Hey peeps,

Is there a way that I can block posts from a specific user?

Not mentioning any names because I don't wanna cause drama (though I'm sure you can probably figure out who it is), but there is one particular person on here who is doing my head in as EVERY SINGLE POST he writes is nothing but a fully negative diatribe about the EXACT SAME THING.

It's getting to the point where I am starting to avoid the board altogether, it would be so much easier if I could just stop his posts from just showing up in threads...

Cheers smile
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Can I block posts from a specific user? - 12/14/11 10:42 AM
I'm looking into it, Raz... hang in there.
Posted By: razsolo Re: Can I block posts from a specific user? - 12/14/11 01:21 PM
thanks Lash! RainbowGirl
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Can I block posts from a specific user? - 12/14/11 01:53 PM
It looks like individual blocking is not an option for this software, Raz... I hope you won't let anyone else's negativity steal your Legion World joy!

Several years ago, I was in a similar situation... I kinda 'trained' myself to instantly scroll past a certain user's posts whenever I saw his/her name/avatar at left side... it helped!
Originally posted by MLLASH classic:
It looks like individual blocking is not an option for this software, Raz... I hope you won't let anyone else's negativity steal your Legion World joy!

Several years ago, I was in a similar situation... I kinda 'trained' myself to instantly scroll past a certain user's posts whenever I saw his/her name/avatar at left side... it helped!
Agree wholeheartedly!

Legion World would be poorer by your absence, Raz! You bring lots of insight to a wide range of topics. (Plus, you collect all kinds of cool comics and so are a critical part of Comic Book Review Month! laugh )
In the meantime Razsolo, feel free to use this thread as you need:

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=004510#000000

laugh
I would also recommend that you bring it to the attention of a moderator via pm or e-mail if there is a particular poster whose behavior is discouraging you from participation in the boards. If there are a significant number of people bothered by the behavior of a particular poster, then this is a situation that we need to deal with.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Can I block posts from a specific user? - 12/14/11 08:00 PM
Thanks EDE, I totally should have suggested that too.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Can I block posts from a specific user? - 12/15/11 10:02 PM
Fine then...I'll stop complaining the Erin Gray will not return my calls...or e-mails...or letters...or, ya know what...never mind.
Dev - Erin Gray PMed me. She said she wanted to block your calls, emails, letters, and ya know. I said that, as a mod, I could only strike your posts in the Legion of Super-Heroes forum. She replied that, since she never visits the LSH forum, my strikes wouldn't do her any good, so she is consulting an attorney.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Can I block posts from a specific user? - 12/15/11 11:01 PM
rotflmao
Posted By: Pov Re: Can I block posts from a specific user? - 12/16/11 12:59 AM
lol
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:
Dev - Erin Gray PMed me. She said she wanted to block your calls, emails, letters, and ya know. I said that, as a mod, I could only strike your posts in the Legion of Super-Heroes forum. She replied that, since she never visits the LSH forum, my strikes wouldn't do her any good, so she is consulting an attorney.
I neither confirm nor deny that Ms. Gray has retained my services.
Posted By: razsolo Re: Can I block posts from a specific user? - 12/20/11 08:18 AM
Thanks peeps for looking into it! No worries about me leaving, I am learning the 'ignore his name when it pops up' technique, LOL

EDE - I haven't mentioned anything previously because it's not like this person is attacking anyone personally or being rude or anything like that, I am just sick of seeing the same negativity about the same issue again and again, but that's my thing I guess. He has a right to express it.. smile

I think that sigh thread is a godsend, hahaha smile
© Legion World