Legion World
Posted By: Pov Forum Name Changes! - 08/27/03 02:12 PM
I love 'em! lol
Posted By: Portfolio Boy Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/27/03 02:23 PM
I suggest changing "More Action/Adventure Comics" to "The Time Institute" since any comics discussed there will natuarally take place in setting other than the 30th century.
Posted By: Portfolio Boy Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/27/03 02:28 PM
And shouldn't Bits of Legionnaire Business be more properly Bits 'o Legionniare Business?
Posted By: Portfolio Boy Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/27/03 02:29 PM
I also recommend changing Creators Cosmos to "Shanghalla" and adding a genreal creators discussion forum in addition to the ones dedicated to curent Net active creators.
Posted By: Reboot Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/27/03 04:58 PM
Good:

Legion Direct --> Trophy Room
Off-Topic --> The Rift

Bad:

Legion Outpost --> Bits of Legionnaire Business
General Comic Books --> More Action/Adventure Comics.

Both too clunky
Posted By: Portfolio Boy Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/27/03 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Off-Topic --> The Rift

See, I am not a big fan of "The Rift." I'd prefer "The Anywhere Machine." It's descriptive so ar as the name goes but also has that extra connotation for Legion knowbees, i.e. despite the best intentions of whomever starts the topic, you just can't predict what will be done with it or where it will go...
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/27/03 09:28 PM
Aah, I like 'em all.

Course, I'm probably biased due to my friendship with the namer. smile
Posted By: icefire Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/27/03 09:35 PM
I like 'em
Posted By: Portfolio Boy Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/28/03 01:08 AM
Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not making demands, or saying anything sucks. I'm just tossing out some general ideas to see what sticks. Maybe NC will see something he did not think of that he likes, maybe not.

Either way, no bigs.
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/28/03 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
And shouldn't Bits of Legionnaire Business be more properly Bits 'o Legionniare Business?
actually, I prefer "Bits o' Legionnaire Business."
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/28/03 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
I also recommend changing Creators Cosmos to "Shanghalla"
That's a bit morbid, isn't it?
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/28/03 03:52 AM
I agree, Outdoor Miner -- Shangalla's for the *dead* for grife's sake! I think PB suggested "Shangalla" for a memorial thread, which is appropriate, but not to replace the Creator Forums.

Oh, and I also prefer "Legion Outpost" to the new name.

I really like the little symbols for each forum though.
Posted By: He Who Wanders Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/28/03 04:04 AM
I also don't care for "The Rift." The first thing I think of when I hear that term is a rift in a relationship, which is not what we want, at all. wink

I don't mind "Bits O' Legionnaire Business," but I do think long ago and relatively obscure terms might be off-putting to new readers. One has to be aware of what those "bits" were (letting fans come up with their own characters, usually) to understand the reference.

Also, I really dislike "More Action/Adventure Comics." It sounds like an ambiguous reference to both the Legion's past and non-Legion comics. (Not all of the comics discussed may qualify as "action/adventure," at that.) Sometimes the best name for something is the simplest and most direct: "General Comic Books," in this case, says it all.

But that's just my opinion. Scott and Gary can call the forums Eenie, Meenie, Minie and Moe (and Larry and Curly) for all I mind.
Posted By: Portfolio Boy Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/28/03 01:07 PM
Hey, I just saw the new board icons. Those are WAY cool! cool
Posted By: He Who Wanders Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/28/03 07:40 PM
I love the icons, too, particularly Chuck on the "More Action/Adventure Comics" forum. Very clever.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/28/03 07:44 PM
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
I love the icons, too, particularly Chuck on the "More Action/Adventure Comics" forum. Very clever.
I'm glad you like that one because I did some work on the image of Chuck for Gary this morning. It was kind of hard to make it look like Chuck.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Forum Name Changes! - 08/28/03 08:11 PM
It's a modified version of the Plop! panel from the LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES Ad in DC SAMPLER #1. smile
© Legion World