Legion World
Posted By: Nightcrawler Sorry... - 07/30/03 01:17 AM
For reasons beyond my or Scott's control, this board's server was experiencing problems this evening. It appears that the difficulty has solved itself, but I'll know more after I talk with Scott.

Sorry for the inconvenience. frown
Posted By: Greybird Re: Sorry... - 07/30/03 01:31 AM
Not bad on server performance, though, the first such outage (I believe) in more than three weeks of heavy traffic.

No need for an apology, really -- I've seen much worse in Web hosts -- but, once again, it's a classy thing to give one. Thanks!
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Sorry... - 07/30/03 01:47 AM
I've sent a note over to my provider and hopefully I'll hear back. What I think happened is we had a major fire today in Davis County and our provider is out that way. I understand we had some communication problems, lines down, and I think that was the case. I'll let everyone know for sure when I hear back.

Sorry. frown
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Sorry... - 07/30/03 01:53 AM
don't be sorry guys!

It's a testament to how much joy you've brought everyone that so many were concerned about LEGION WORLD...

lol CosmicBoy
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Sorry... - 07/30/03 02:08 AM
I should also add that I had closed the board for awhile to check for any problems with Kid Prime's help. Thanks, Jeffey! I'm also still backing up the MB, which was taking longer than it should have so I opened up the board anyway.

I still have some technical problems here and need to attend to some personal business, so I'll be off-line for a bit. Hopefully Scott can stick around to offer assisitance.

Again sorry, guys.
Posted By: Pov Re: Sorry... - 07/30/03 02:39 AM
Apologies unnecessary, guys. As Grey noted, this is the first pothole in nearly a MONTH of heavy traffic. You guys are aces!! love
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Sorry... - 07/30/03 03:05 AM
I am still here for another couple of hours or a little longer. If I miss something just e-mail me, I don't mind.
Posted By: matlock Re: Sorry... - 07/30/03 05:14 PM
I'm just glad it was a server hiccup and nothing worse. I was sweating it last night, especially after Nightscrawlers got hacked last week. I'm a little paranoid about this board and am loath for anything to happen to it.
© Legion World