Legion World
Posted By: Greybird Repairs needed - 07/07/03 09:22 AM
A thread intended for reporting minor hiccups or mistakes in how the UBB software is being used, rather than how it operates ...

The "Legion World" link on most pages -- to http://www.legionworld.net -- reveals, at the moment, your directories for CGI scripts and the UBB software.

You may want to hide this temptation for hackers by using, instead, a statement of general purpose or description for that root domain address.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Repairs needed - 07/07/03 12:53 PM
Thanks Grey. We were aware of that but I had not yet had the time to design the Flash intro that Gary came up with. I've installed a simple index with a couple of images to lead the way home until I have time for the Flash.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Repairs needed - 07/08/03 08:50 AM
Thanks, Scott!
Posted By: Reboot Re: Repairs needed - 07/08/03 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Thanks Grey. We were aware of that but I had not yet had the time to design the Flash intro that Gary came up with. I've installed a simple index with a couple of images to lead the way home until I have time for the Flash.
Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!!!!!!!!! don't use Flash. Leave it as it is.

Please?
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Repairs needed - 07/08/03 11:05 PM
Hey, Sanity. I told Scott to leave it. I like it the way it is too.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Repairs needed - 07/09/03 12:31 AM
Okay, I hear you. I don't much care for Flash either. I may change the intro a bit down the line but I promise to keep it strictly HTML with a little Java Script for the fading effect. And I'll keep the images as small as possible.
Posted By: Reboot Re: Repairs needed - 07/09/03 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Okay, I hear you. I don't much care for Flash either. I may change the intro a bit down the line but I promise to keep it strictly HTML with a little Java Script for the fading effect. And I'll keep the images as small as possible.
*phew*

Sorry, but Flash intros, and Flash sites (like TnT's) are nightmares incarnate. Slow to use/scroll through, irritating, and take forever to load.

IMO Flash (& Shockwave) should be kept for things like isketch.net where there's no other reasonable way to do the thing.

Thanks.
Posted By: Greybird Re: Repairs needed - 07/10/03 04:46 PM
I second the sentiments above about Flash intro pages. The current graphics are more dramatic, anyway, and certainly load more quickly than a Flash animation would have.

Some version of an "Enter here" line is still needed, though, in English text as well. Although the Interlac is a "true fan" reference, and the nudge-nudge factor is entertaining, those who are vision-impaired are out of luck. Some only view part of the screen at a time with a magnifying utility, and others use text-pronouncing software. They wouldn't be able to know what was going on.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Repairs needed - 07/11/03 03:02 AM
All good arguments Grey. I'm going to be busy this weekend but I'll work something up when I have time and make some adjustments.
© Legion World