Legion World
Posted By: rickshaw1 JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/27/14 10:10 PM
It's a battle royale between three great teams.

Pick any member of the JSA/JLA vs. any member of the Legion, from any team, any time period. Give us a winner and why, and then give the next poster a matchup to decide upon.

First up:

JSA Atomic powered Atom vs. Gim Allon, Collasal Boy!

I have to give this one to Gim. Al is a favorite of mine, but Gim has stood with Supes, Mon, and Jo against Validus. He might have taken a beat down doing it, but that's a mighty powerful guy to survive.

Next up... Dr. Mid-nite Vs. Bouncing Boy.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/27/14 11:16 PM
The Doctor is ...out.

Doc's main chance is getting to Chuck before he inflates. His other, that the contest takes place in complete darkness.

In a straight contest Bouncing Boy could easily bounce beyond the range of any blackout bombs. Chucks unerring ability to ricochet off surfaces in the way he wants means he's going to be able to bounce Dr Midnite into submission.

Next Up - Doctor Fate Vs Mysa

Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/28/14 02:22 AM
Well, it depends...

As the Black Witch, with the magical power of an entire Universe, and the wisdom and experience of dozens, perhaps hundreds of Archmages she has absorbed, even Dr. Fate would be hopelessly out of his league.

As the White Witch, with only a half-dozen spells available at any one time, even if she had time to prepare, Mysa would be virtually powerless against a Lord of Order.

Next up: Timber Wolf vs. Vixen
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/28/14 03:29 AM
Vixen. Her powers are much more versatile as she can copy the abilities of any animal.

Next:

Doctor Light (Kimiyo Hoshi) vs. Wildfire
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/28/14 08:44 AM
Wildfire for this one. His suit absorbs lots of energy as well as contains it. By the time Kimiyo came up with a decent strategy, it would be all over.

Next: Star Girl v Star Boy
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/28/14 11:27 AM
Star Boy. He doesn't have to rely on technology, and he can manipulate gravity to a much greater extent than Courtney can.

Next:

Atom (Ray Palmer) vs. Shrinking Violet
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/28/14 01:14 PM
That's a win for Palmer. His versatility and experience at those subatomic sizes will make all the difference.

The Atom (Al Pratt) v Atmos
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/28/14 03:23 PM
I am seriously trying to figure how Atom would cope with an opponent with super-strength, invulnerability, flight, and disintegration powers.

Nope. Got to give this one to Atmos.

Cannus vs. Gnort

Laurel Gand vs. Power Girl
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/28/14 05:02 PM
Kara barely eeks out a win as an infinite number of variations of each character show up through cracks in the hypertime/multiverse/Bleed causing reality to almost crash in upon itself. Her variations just fight a bit dirtier. wink

Invisible Kid vs. Gypsy

Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/29/14 01:26 AM
Gypsy's power set includes illusion, precognition, and astral projection. She trained under Bronze Tiger, and was apparently an apt student. She also has natural gymnastic and acrobatic ability.

None of the Invisible Kids ever showed any great martial arts ability, and it was definitively stated the when the used their power to become invisible, the visible world goes somewhat out-of-focus for them... they become near-sighted!

I imagine Gypsy could take on all four Lyle Norgs and both Jacques Foccarts, and still mop the floor with the seven of them.

Earth-Man vs. Wildcat (Ted Grant)
Posted By: Set Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/29/14 04:36 AM
It ends in one punch, as mutton-chops goes down. Too bad Ted didn't have any real powers for Earth-Man to absorb!

Next:
Johnny Thunderbolt vs. Dragonmage!

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/29/14 09:45 AM
Johnny T, if only because he's more powerful and can work his magic immediately, unlike the inexperienced Dragonmage.

Cyclone (JSA) vs. Nightwind
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/29/14 02:44 PM
Cyclone has the power to create cyclonic wind. She is also a genius-level intellect.

Nightwind has the power to manipulate wind. This means she could probably deflect any tornados Cyclone could throw at her. She is of normal intelligence for the 31st-century- which means she is probably Cyclone’s equal in this regard.

Nightwind is a Legion Academy graduate, and has substantial military training as well, having served as some sort of unit commander.

Decision to Nightwind.

Duo Damsel -vs.- Crimson Fox (Vivian and Constance D'Aramis)
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/29/14 02:54 PM
Crimson Fox's claws would take down a couple of Luornu's duplicates. But there are always more of them. A few more get shut down rather than face terrible French comic accents. But there are always more. Even if it were both versions of the Fox, the result would be the same. A win to Luornu.

Next:
Brainiac 5 vs Mr Terrific
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/29/14 04:00 PM
Mr. T may be a genius and an Olympic-level athlete, but Brainy has the benefit of 1000 years' worth of knowledge and medicine.

Oh, and forcefield > T-spheres any day.

Brainy doesn't even need to compute this one.

Next:

Fire and Ice vs. Sun Boy and Polar Boy

(bet thothkins would love to comment on this one).
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/29/14 06:10 PM
Sun Boy distracts them with his charm. While they are being ill, Brek reduces the temperature to absolute zero, beyond Ice's capabilities. Dirk then shatters the ice block into pieces.

Fire & Ice aren't on the power levels of the Legion in this one.

Next:
Vibe vs Cosmic Boy

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/30/14 07:19 AM
Even though Vibe's vibrations can affect any matter, he has nowhere near the skill level or battle smarts that Cos has. Cosmic Boy for the win!

Next:

Hawkgirl vs. Shikari

Originally Posted by thothkins

Fire & Ice aren't on the power levels of the Legion in this one.

Fire's power levels have been inconsistent. For a time, she was able to turn into living, intangible flame.

Ice also got a power boost a while back when she was enthralled by the Overmaster, but I don't know if that stayed when she came back.
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/30/14 02:44 PM
While they both have wings, and spend a lot of time in space, Shikari vastly overpowers Hawkgirl.

FTL speed, space armor, pointy bits…

Unless Hawkgirl pulls some deus ex machina Thanagarian technology out of her hawk-headed hat, Shikari wins.

Even if Shikari is zeta-beamed half-way across the galaxy… a few minutes later, she’s space-warping back!

Jade (Jennifer-Lynn Hayden) vs. Neon (Celeste Rockfish McCauley)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/30/14 05:26 PM
Tough one. But IIRC, Neon didn't have a physical, tangible body to harm (at least, beginning in Legion on the Run). So I'll give it to Neon.

Next:

Element Lad vs. Firestorm
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/30/14 05:45 PM
By the time we've waded through Jan's Tromian heritage, how stoic he is and how ineffective writers have made him, Ronnie and the Prof are off having more fun adventures.

Firestorm for the win.

Next: The Spectre vs Sensor Girl

Aside: Even powered up, Fire & Ice are not anywhere near the levels of Dirk & Brek when they get powered up. Even Fire in Checkmate. Even Ice as an Ice Goddess thingy.

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/30/14 05:52 PM
I don't see how any Legionnaire, JLAer or JSAer could beat the Spectre, so there we go.

Next: Kinetix vs. Faith (JLA)

aside: I agree about Ice, but when Fire does her "intangible fire being thing", I'd say she's pretty powerful. Of course, she hasn't done that in a while so never mind smile
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/30/14 06:59 PM
Kinetix at least deserved to make it into her team. If Joe Kelly were writing the battle, Faith would win because pet favourite characters must win.

While Faith had lots of TK power, a terrorformed mystical Kinetix, wiht increased strength and healing powers should be able to take out Faith.

Next:
Elongated Man v Elastic Lad

Aside 1 - The sweeping blast of Dirk's sun powers would sweep Fire away & disapate her, is how I see it.

Aside 2: I just thought Projectra would create an illusion of the DC God. The Spectre would then go anywhere or do anything he was told.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/30/14 10:01 PM
I gotta give this one to Ralph. Yeah, it's true, Jimmy has the luck o' the irish it seems, time and again. Yet, Ralph has that Nick Charles smoothness. Plus, he spent a lot of time >ahem< plying >ahem< his trade. Jimmy was jack of all trades, master of none.

Silver Age Katar Hol Hawkman vs. Great Darkness Saga T-Wolf.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/30/14 11:33 PM
Flight rings make a lot of difference here. Without them, Katar can just take his pick form antique ranged weapons. But with the ring, goes the range. He doesn't come out unscathed in a bruising encounter, but I think T-Wolf's super acrobatics means that he would take this one.

Next:

Golden Age Superman Vs Ultra Boy

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/31/14 03:20 AM

Aside 2: I just thought Projectra would create an illusion of the DC God. The Spectre would then go anywhere or do anything he was told.

I don't think Spectre would be much of a Spirit of Vengeance if it could be fooled by simple illusion casting smile
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/31/14 03:20 AM

Next:

One power at a time versus all powers at the same time?

Superman, of course.

Next:

XS vs. Jesse Quick
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/31/14 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac

Next:

One power at a time versus all powers at the same time?

Superman, of course.

Oh, I beg to differ. This is the Golden Age Superman vs. the Silver Age Ultra Boy. Jo’s power levels are far, far beyond Kal-L’s. Besides, based on Flash Vision alone (which is powerful enough to ignite Silver-Age Kryptonians!) Jo will have to be very, very careful not to immolate his opponent.
Still waiting on:

XS vs. Jesse Quick
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/31/14 02:02 PM
Hmm, I have to admit I assumed that Golden Age Superman had the same power levels as Silver Age Superman. I always assumed that Earth-2 Superman = Golden Age Supes, so attributed the same power set.

Now that I have done some research - http://www.fanzing.com/mag/fanzing43/feature2.shtml says that

Golden-Age Superman

A) 1938-42: During these years Superman had a limited number of powers. Most important of all, he couldn't fly, only leap one eighth of a mile. He did not have all his super-senses (i.e. the vision and hearing powers). His invulnerability was at a very low level. Bullets could bounce off his skin, but a bomb or a missile could stun, hurt, or even kill him. Also, he was faster than an express train.

B) 1942-45: In these years Superman could fly and gained his x-ray, telescopic and heat vision powers. He also had a "super-acute hearing." His invulnerability, though, was at its previous level (bombs and missile could hurt him).

C) 1946-1955: In October 1946, Superman withstood the blast of two atomic bombs and could fly into the heart of the sun (that includes space & interplanetary travel) or earth's molten core. At this point he could fly at speeds faster than light itself and travel through time."

If A or B is the reference, then Silver Age Jo. If C is the reference, then Golden Age Supes smile

Intermission over, on to the open Q:

XS vs. Jesse Quick
Posted By: Set Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/31/14 05:50 PM
That's a rough one. Both are great speedsters, tapping into the Speed Force for various effects. Jenny seems faster, but Jesse add super-strength to the mix.

I'm going to give it to Jesse, not for the super-strength, but for the constant training with people like her father, Wally West, etc. She's got way more experience with the Speed Force, and with Speed Force users, than Jenny.

Next;

Vixen vs. Chameleon Boy!

Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/31/14 07:21 PM
It's a win for Cham. As well trained, experienced and capable as Mari is, the strength of an elephant doesn't really matter if Cham's just turned into an Elephant Squisher from Antares VI.

Aside 1: The Spectre being such a focused entity makes him more easily led by the nose. He's an unhinged fanatic.

Aside 2: It was A I was thinking of for the Supes Vs Jo one. No more than B.

Red Tornado (JLA) Vs Harmonia
Posted By: Set Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/31/14 07:24 PM
Red Tornado (JLA) Vs Harmonia

Gosh, if it was Ma Hunkel vs. Harmonia, I totally would have given it to Ma Hunkel, after she bonked her with her saucepan helmet!

Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 03/31/14 10:52 PM
I did toy with it smile
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/01/14 01:30 AM
Aside 1 - I dunno, the Spectre has always seemed to be one of those "I can do anything with my ill defined powers" types. Still don't think illusions would fool it for long especially if it knew its opponent's powers were illusion-based. Not changing my "vote".

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/01/14 01:31 AM
Reddy vs Harmonia - reddy's robot body withstands any attack from Harmonia, and her air of mystery fails to have an effect.

Next:

Elastic Lad vs Elongated Man
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/01/14 02:03 PM
I already picked Ralph on that one so I'll let someone else have it this time.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/01/14 07:18 PM
Nope. It's still Ralph.

Even Olsen's attempts to escape by transforming into a gorilla in drag and a giant turtle don't fool our pliable sleuth.

Aside 1: Surely Harmonia pouring tea into Reddy's woiks?

Aside 2: Once given the command of God, the Spectre vanish in a puff of Almighty smugness. The illusion only needs a moment as it's not as though he's going to argue the point. smile

Next bout: Shadow Lass vs Doctor Midnite

Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/01/14 07:21 PM
Sports Desk Results Update:-

JSA Atomic powered Atom vs. Gim Allon, Collasal Boy! – Gim
Dr. Mid-nite Vs. Bouncing Boy. – Bouncing Boy
Doctor Fate Vs Mysa – Mystical interference
Timber Wolf vs. Vixen – Vixen
Doctor Light (Kimiyo Hoshi) vs. Wildfire – Wildfire
Star Girl v Star Boy- Star Boy
Atom (Ray Palmer) vs. Shrinking Violet – Atom
The Atom (Al Pratt) v Atmos – Atmos
Cannus vs. Gnort – Bout cancelled.
Laurel Gand vs. Power Girl – Power Girl
Invisible Kid vs. Gypsy – Gypsy
Earth-Man vs. Wildcat (Ted Grant) – Wildcat
Johnny Thunderbolt vs. Dragonmage! – Johnny Thunderbolt
Cyclone (JSA) vs. Nightwind – Nightwind
Duo Damsel -vs.- Crimson Fox (Vivian and Constance D'Aramis) – Duo Damsel
Brainiac 5 vs Mr Terrific – Brainiac 5
Fire and Ice vs. Sun Boy and Polar Boy – Sun Boy & Polar Boy
Vibe vs Cosmic Boy – Cosmic Boy
Hawkgirl vs. Shikari - Shikari
Jade (Jennifer-Lynn Hayden) vs. Neon (Celeste Rockfish McCauley) – Neon
Element Lad vs. Firestorm – Firestorm
The Spectre vs Sensor Girl – The Spectre
Kinetix vs. Faith (JLA) – Kinetix
Elongated Man v Elastic Lad – Elongated Man twice
Katar Hol Hawkman vs. Great Darkness Saga T-Wolf. – T-Wolf
Golden Age Superman Vs Ultra Boy – Ultra Boy, but disputed.
XS vs. Jesse Quick – Jesse Quick
Vixen vs. Chameleon Boy!- Chameleon Boy
Red Tornado (JLA) Vs Harmonia – Red Tornado
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/02/14 01:07 AM
Aside 1: I think Reddy's robot body is teaproof smile

Aside 2: Still not changing
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/02/14 01:10 AM
Now, where were we? Ah.

Even though Doc can see in the dark, Shadow Lass' martial arts skills will put him in his place

Next:

Zan and Jayna
Vs
Live Wire and Spark
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/02/14 01:52 AM
Nope. It's still Ralph.

OR:

Jimmy Olsen, now a multi-billionaire in the DCFU, buys Dibny Detective Agency in a hostile takeover.

Ralph now works for him.

Jimmy wins.

Zan and Jayna
Vs
Live Wire and Spark

Oh, come on. The twins from Exor are no match for the twins from Winath. Jayna is just as vulnerable to electric shock in her transmuted form, even if she chooses "Form of a Lightning Beast of Korbal". Zan is even more vulnerable in any water / ice form.

Judgment to Winath.

Gleek -vs.- Koko

Next:

The Legion of Substitute Heroes (including the Auxiliary) -vs.- Justice League Antarctica!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/02/14 04:04 AM
Ooh, interesting one. JL Antarctica includes G'nort, Major Disaster and Multi-Man. Of course, they're mostly idiots...

But the Subs have their secret weapon - Infectious Lass!

Subs.

Next:

Dream Girl and Star Boy vs. Black Canary and Green Arrow
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/02/14 04:05 AM
Sports Desk Results Update:-

Golden Age Superman Vs Ultra Boy – Ultra Boy, but disputed.

Let's give this one to Ultra Boy, since you clarified that you were referring to Golden Age Superman with his powers as of A or B below.

http://www.fanzing.com/mag/fanzing43/feature2.shtml says that

Golden-Age Superman

A) 1938-42: During these years Superman had a limited number of powers. Most important of all, he couldn't fly, only leap one eighth of a mile. He did not have all his super-senses (i.e. the vision and hearing powers). His invulnerability was at a very low level. Bullets could bounce off his skin, but a bomb or a missile could stun, hurt, or even kill him. Also, he was faster than an express train.

B) 1942-45: In these years Superman could fly and gained his x-ray, telescopic and heat vision powers. He also had a "super-acute hearing." His invulnerability, though, was at its previous level (bombs and missile could hurt him).

C) 1946-1955: In October 1946, Superman withstood the blast of two atomic bombs and could fly into the heart of the sun (that includes space & interplanetary travel) or earth's molten core. At this point he could fly at speeds faster than light itself and travel through time."

Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/02/14 07:17 AM
Dream Girl and Star Boy vs. Black Canary and Green Arrow

I'm gonna give it to Dream Girl and Star Boy. Thom can make all of Ollie's arrows too heavy to be useful, and Dreamy can take out Dinah before she gets a chance to use her canary cry.

I actually think Dinah is probably a better hand to hand fighter than Dream Girl (though not by heaps), but Dreamy only really has to keep her occupied long enough for Thom to weigh her down...

What about Zatanna vs original recipe Tyroc?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/02/14 02:34 PM
Tough one, as Tyroc could do a lot with his powers too. I'd still have to give it to Zatanna though as I think she has more training and her powers are more versatile.

Next:

Monstress vs. Tasmanian Devil
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/02/14 09:54 PM
Monstress. No contest. She would stomp ten types of hell outta him.

In the challenge area, Batman Vs. Brainiac 5?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/03/14 01:54 AM
Well, he's the goddamn Batman! But Brainiac 5's still smarter and has a forcefield and access to 1000 years' more worth of knowledge and tech.

Brainiac 5 for the win!

Next:

Gates vs. Rocket Red
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/03/14 01:56 PM
Brainiac for the win

Yes, but rule 42 in the DC Universe is Batman Always Wins.

As a metaphor, you might ask "Could Bill Gates defeat William the Conquerer?" If Gates has full access to 21st-century technology, he wins handily. (ref: "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court")

And speaking of Gates:

Gates vs. Rocket Red

Surely Ti'Julk has sufficient control over his power to teleport the suit off of Red, or put him in orbit, or strand him on Mars. However, as far as I know, Gates never used his powers in so aggressive and weaponized a fashion.
Besides, Rocket Red 7 was an Oan Manhunter, powerful enough to stand up to Green Lantern.

Rocket Red for the win.

Can we expand this to Legion Academy students?

Laurel Kent Manhunter -vs.- Rocket Red 7 Manhunter

Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/03/14 02:51 PM
Laurel. Supes level invulnerability, plus, she'd go all robot vamp on his ass and he'd be so distracted she'd flatten him.

Golden Age Alan Scott vs. 5YL Mysa.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/03/14 07:03 PM
By the time Mysa has told us that she's only prepared a few spells, and that this one will be a spell of dissimilarity, she's been punched in the face by a large, green boxing glove.

Alan Scott is no posturing Khund.

Next bout:

Tyroc vs Black Canary (JSA or JLA version)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/04/14 06:08 AM
Both Dinahs can scream really loud, but Tyroc's screams can do much more.

Tyroc for the win.

Next:

Infectious Lass vs. Doctor Mid-Nite

Originally Posted by Klar Ken T5477
Brainiac for the win

As a metaphor, you might ask "Could Bill Gates defeat William the Conquerer?" If Gates has full access to 21st-century technology, he wins handily. (ref: "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court")

Still going for Brainy. It's the force field, baby!
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/04/14 10:37 AM
Infectious Lass! It's not like she needs to see to release her power...I won't cite the latest instalment of my critically acclaimed fan fiction to support this as that would be a gross example of self-promotion wink

Hmmm how about Power Girl vs Andromeda?
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/04/14 01:38 PM
Both Dinahs can scream really loud, but
Brainiac for the win

Yes, umm, in the metaphor above, Bill Gates is the super-intelligent man from the future (Brainiac 5) while William the Conquerer is the brilliant strategist, highly skilled in combat, rich-as-a-king man from the past (Batman). So, yeah, I was agreeing with you, and disgreeing with the absurd DC Rule 42.
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/04/14 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by ricksahaw1
Power Girl vs. Andromeda

Originally Posted by Dave Hackett
Kara barely eeks out a win as an infinite number of variations of each character show up through cracks in the hypertime/multiverse/Bleed causing reality to almost crash in upon itself. Her variations just fight a bit dirtier. wink

Thunder -vs.- Zauriel
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/04/14 06:24 PM
An enraged Thunder may stand a chance if she gets the first punch or two in, effectively sending Zauriel back for another chat with his maker.

However, the longer it goes on the more chance the Wim Wenders reject has to uncouple Thunder from her mystical source/ render immobile through sonic scream etc.

So, I'm going, reluctantly, with Zauriel.

Next bout:

Martian Manhunter vs Saturn Girl in a minds only bout.

Posted By: Reboot Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/04/14 06:41 PM
Imra's probably slightly stronger, but J'Onn's greater stamina comes into play as he rope-a-dopes and just plain outlasts her for the win.

Next: Wildcat vs. Invisible Kid (Lyle).
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/04/14 07:32 PM
Ted for the win, even if Lyle gets in a few hits first.

Next bout:
Oracle vs Computo
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/05/14 12:32 AM
Oracle vs Computo? I'd give it to Computo more often than not. The only way I can see Oracle scoring a win is if they're in the same room with no dangerous technology around so Babs can beat her up.

In every other situation, Danielle shuts down her access & even if she can't physically touch her she can keep her effectively trapped wherever she is using technology (or send Red Tornado/Red Rocket suits if she's feeling particularly overkilly).

Aquaman vs Tellus?
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/05/14 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by razsolo
Aquaman vs Tellus?

"I can talk to fish" vs. true telepathy & telekinesis? Even the "I am very strong because I live in a pineapple on the bottom of the sea" Aquaman is over-matched by Tellus' big, strong pectoral fins.

Definitely Tellus.

(Incidentally, Barbara has taken on Babbage, the Calculator, Kilg%re, the Original Brainiac, and beaten them all. I am not so sure she could not take down Invisible Kid's little sister as well.)

Blok -vs.- Sand (Sanderson Hawkins)
Posted By: Reboot Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/05/14 02:18 AM
Definitely Sand - for Blok, it'd be like fighting a Btzglan when he tried to land a punch, while Sand could manipulate his actual body like yer average guy fighting Tomb. Blok's the last Legionnaire you'd put up against him!

M'Onel/Mon-El vs. Sentinel/GL (Alan)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/05/14 09:48 PM
Mon-El is strong, but Sentinel's powers are based on magic. I'm pretty sure Daxamites share the Kryptonian weakness to magic. So it's Sentinel for the win.

Next:

Quislet vs. Firestorm
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/05/14 09:50 PM
Both Dinahs can scream really loud, but
Brainiac for the win

Yes, umm, in the metaphor above, Bill Gates is the super-intelligent man from the future (Brainiac 5) while William the Conquerer is the brilliant strategist, highly skilled in combat, rich-as-a-king man from the past (Batman). So, yeah, I was agreeing with you, and disgreeing with the absurd DC Rule 42.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Yes, DC Rule 42 is absurd. And I think even without access to futuristic technology, Brainiac 5's forcefield alone should enable him to beat Batman. Heck, any number of 21st century heroes should be able to do the same despite Batman's superior intellect and tactics.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/05/14 10:56 PM
Firestorm wins. Stein will figure out some way of containing the little critter before Quislet can find enough things to possess and hit Firestorm with.

Next:

Green Arrow vs Biron the Bowman
Posted By: Reboot Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/06/14 01:16 AM
And I think even without access to futuristic technology, Brainiac 5's forcefield alone should enable him to beat Batman.

503: Internal Server Error. Please check your input and reboot.
Posted By: Set Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/06/14 01:43 AM
It would be a funny fight.

"But you can see out of your forcefield, and I can see you, so I should be able to incapacitate you with a seizure-inducing strobe of light!"

"Thought of that. When I was four. Won't work."

"And sound clearly goes through..."

"Nope."

"You can breathe, would tear gas..."

"Denied."

"I bluff you into thinking I'm unconscious so you drop your forcefield to check on me..."

"You realize that I won this battle a million times in my head while you were thinking of that idea? Also I've just gone back in time and sued the Midnighter for stealing my catch-phrases before I invented it."

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/06/14 06:41 AM
Set, I would love to see you write a fight scene between Brainy and Batman. Maybe throw in Midnighter and Mr. Terrific too!

Next:

Green Arrow vs Biron the Bowman

Because Biron is really Comet, all he has to do is stall until he turns into a super horse again. Poor Green Arrow.

Next:

Thunder vs. Mary Marvel
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/06/14 06:59 AM
I bet Green Arrow would have a sugar cube arrow in there somewhere to deal with Comet's horsey shenanigans!

I say Mary Marvel beats Thunder because DC will realise they haven't corrupted her to the full extent and Mary will go full pseudo-lesbian Hannibal Lecter on poor Thunder and eat her while making her drink her own tears or something (not that I'm bitter or anything DC!)

Have we had Metamorpho vs Element Lad yet?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/06/14 10:12 AM
Not yet.

Still going with Element Lad on this one, as he can stop Metamorpho before Rex even gets anywhere near him.

Next:

"best buds" Booster Gold and Blue Beetle vs. "best buds" Cosmic Boy and Live Wire
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/06/14 02:02 PM
Rokk & Garth on this one over Michael and Ted.

Booster had to steal a flight ring that the others have earned over and over. Besides, as smart as Ted is, the raw power of the Legionnaires easily shorts out/magnetises/repels/fries anything he can come up with.

Aside: Happy that Super Horse was picked up on. Just what I was thinking. Bonus pun points to Ibby for putting "stall" in the sentence.

Aside: deranged Mary Marvel = another ruined DC character = DC editorial idiots.

Next Bout:
Post Crisis Superman vs the Legion's pre Crisis Superboy.

Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/06/14 02:48 PM
On the surface this looks like a mismatch. On other comic book forums, pre-Crisis characters are generally forbidden because they are considered too powerful. I take it that by Post-Crisis Superman we mean the current version. The current version of Superman has a bit of Golden Age ethos about him, while I assume Pre-Crisis Superboy's ethics are based on the Comics Code. While Post-Crisis Superman is less powerful, he would use more brutal force and win.

Are all these matches taking place in a neutral environment?

Obsidian vs. Shadow Lass
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/06/14 07:06 PM
I'm going with Obsidian, possibly based on some faulty memory.

Obsidian can become intangible. So although nowhere near as proficient in combat, this should give him a huge advantage. If Shadow Lass gets in a few shots or if their shadow powers make Obsidian tangible, then it would be Shady. But based on what I remember, I'm giving it to Todd.

Anything I reply to has a neutral combat area.

Aside: I was thinking of an established Byrne-era Superman actually, but the point is the same. This was a Superman who could kill as a last resort.

Gravity Boy vs Golden Age Star Man

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/06/14 07:10 PM
I'm not sure what Obsidian's powers are anymore. But Shadow Lass has better hand to hand skills, and even though Obsidian's more powerful the creeping self-doubt and mental illness inflicted upon him by many writers causes him to crouch in a corner during the fight.

Next:

Apparition vs. Martian Manhunter in a phasing/hand-to-hand combat only fight

Originally Posted by Emily Sivana

Are all these matches taking place in a neutral environment?

I think we can assume that.

Aside: Happy that Super Horse was picked up on. Just what I was thinking. Bonus pun points to Ibby for putting "stall" in the sentence.

Aside: deranged Mary Marvel = another ruined DC character = DC editorial idiots.

Great minds?

I completely agree about Mary Marvel too. Oh well. I suppose heroes aren't allowed to be sweet and innocent and bright and shiny.
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/10/14 02:29 AM

Obsidian –vs.- Shadow Lass
Todd has a much greater diversity of powers. He is able not only to cast shadows, but to “inhabit” them, teleport through them, and has access to some weird other-dimensional shadow-realm. He can create solid shadow-constructs, similar to power-ring wielders. In his shadow-form, he can increase his own size, and to an extent, his shape. I imagine that he could even take control of Tasmia’s own shadow-projections, and turn them to his own use. So, yeah, I would agree Obsidian wins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phantom Girl –vs.- Martian Manhunter (intangibility only)
I’m not sure I understand what sort of contest is being suggested here. It is certainly not a “rock ‘em, sock ‘em ‘til you drop ‘em” bout.

Perhaps a gauntlet of various substances through which they are required to successively “phase” in some sort of obstacle-course-like race?

The source of their respective powers is very different. Tinya essentially “walks around” objects by traveling off into a fourth spatial dimension. J’Onn’s intangibility is based more on his shape-shifting ability, and his control over his own molecular structure—as when Chameleon Boy once shape-shifted into the form of an “intangible phantom”.

Any sufficiently dense substance, perhaps inertron or neutronium, would probably be impenetrable to the Martian Manhunter, as would any object energized with sufficient power to harm him. (Is there any amount of electrical power sufficient to harm him?) He would probably have some difficulty with really good force fields, as well.

The only thing that would give Tinya any trouble would be a wall which extends out beyond the three-dimensional world: the Time Trapper’s “Iron Curtain of Time”, or a fifth-dimensional Zrfffn barrier of some kind, or some sort of magical obstruction. And I don’t see that J’Onn would have any better luck with any of those, either.

Phantom Girl for the win.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gravity Boy –vs.- Golden Age Starman
Despite Gravity Boy’s time at the Legion Academy, going up against Ted at any point in his career beyond the first couple of years would be a contest of youthful enthusiasm overmatched by greater skill and experience. While Starman’s powers are vested in his star-rod, I don’t believe Gravity Boy would have any success in trying to affect it directly—such as making it too heavy for Starman to lift. After all, it is designed to absorb gravitational energy from the stars!

Golden Age Starman for the win.

Next up:
Mxyzptlk V –vs.- The Phantom Stranger
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/10/14 02:51 AM
Mxy V is the "good" Mxy who joined the Adult Legion, right?

Both combatants then have very broad magical abilities. Based on their portrayals though, I think Phantom Stranger's abilities are broader. I'll go with the Stranger

For Tinya vs MM above, I was thinking of a hand to hand combat exercise where MM is stripped of his enhanced strength, speed and durability but your way works too

Next:

Kid Quantum II vs. Hourman (robot)
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/12/14 11:53 AM
It would have to be the android. It has control over time as well as all of the normal Hourman abilities. Kid Q is a bit less well defined and I think she'd be well beaten.

Aside: I'd have gone for the reality altering Mr Mxyz over the supernatural Stranger; Tinya's lifelong use of her powers over MM's occasional use of it (drag into Buffer Zone and left there)

Next Bout:

Metamorpho vs Chameleon Boy
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/12/14 03:02 PM
Sorry Cham, Metamorpho only has to become a noxious gas and you're down and out!

Vixen vs Timber Wolf?
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/12/14 04:44 PM
While Vixen can imitate any animal, Timberwolf has numerous superhuman abilities. He's stronger, faster and tougher and would win the battle.

Next Bout:
Captain Marvel (post crisis version who joined JSA) vs Mon El
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/13/14 06:51 AM
Aside: I'd have (and I have :p) picked Vixen as I think her greater versatility would help her win. Though if Brin makes the first move I can see it going to him too.

Cap vs. Mon - I think this Captain Marvel was one of those who invented the "magic lightning strike" tactic, and this one also made good use of the "wisdom of Solomon" power. So, Captain Marvel it is.

Next:

Kono vs. Stargirl
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/13/14 09:41 AM
Kono for the win. Someone made the good point about the rod/belt affecting gravity powers. While I could see this perhaps also having an affect on Kono's abilities, the fight's over before Stargirl has the faintest idea how to use that.

Aside 1: I like Vixen more than I do Timberwolf, but Brin's powers are off the scale of animal powers. Oh, and now he can shoot his claws too smile

Next Bout:

Bouncing Boy vs Golden Age Batman
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/13/14 09:56 AM
Perhaps I'm biased, but I think in a neutral "no insane amount of prep time" fight Chuck could knock Batman on his butt before Bats has a chance to throw more than a couple of batarangs or bat-ropes at Chuck.

Bouncing Boy for the win!

Next:

Karate Kid vs. Lady Shiva

Aside: I'd have gone for the reality altering Mr Mxyz over the supernatural Stranger;

I'm pretty sure the Stranger is a pretty potent magical being and reality warper too, which is why I picked him/it smile
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/13/14 03:14 PM
Shiva may have lots of Earthly martial arts. But, like the Stranger v Mr M, it's about scope and Karate Kid's knowledge of martial skills from across the galaxy will see him through.

Next Bout:
Spider Girl v Blue Jay
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/13/14 05:48 PM
(if it's about scope, I believe the Stranger has a range of powers as broad as, or broader than Mr. M. So, I'd still give it to Stranger wink Besides, Mr. M regularly gets tricked by the much less powerful Superman.)

Though Blue Jay can get pretty small, he can't go as small as the Atom or Shrinking Violet. On the other hand, Spider-Girl's hair can expand into many individual strands to form a rather thick wall around her. Spider Girl for the win.

Next:

Huntress (Helena) vs. Shvaughn Erin
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/13/14 06:02 PM
The Huntress cleverly throws a can of profem, distracting Erin completely and then goes in for the win.

Aside: But Mr M's whimiscal view of reality surely trumps The Strnager's grim view of it, as sure as my name is snikhtoht..oh bah! >bamf!<

Next Bout:

Echo vs Vibe

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/14/14 03:09 AM
Echo used to be an LSV member so I'd imagine he'd be more ruthless smile The present Vibe is supposed to be more powerful though, but I think ruthlessness would win out. I'll give it to Echo.

Next:

The Ray vs. Wildfire
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/14/14 11:06 PM
Ray Terril would be an excellent opponent for Lazon. He can absorb, project and control electromagnetic radiation, and even assume an intangible form of an electromagnetic energy-being himself. He has demonstrated his skill at using his powers, having beaten an couple of evil Rays.

The entity formerly known as Drake Burroughs (TOS) is not exactly an energy-being: he is said to be composed of the ludicrous “anti-energy”. (Not “negative” energy, not “dark” energy, which are concepts in 21st-century physics.) His representation and behavior seem consistent with his being an “anti-matter plasma”, but who knows.

At any rate, Wildfire is composed of something which is not easily affected by electromagnetic radiation, and has also shown the ability to absorb (negate?) ordinary energy. So he would seem a challenging for the Ray.

The way to defeat Wildfire is to destroy his containment suit. However, Drake ought to be able to simply absorb and process any energy-based attack on his suit. Unfortunately, he has shown himself either very vulnerable to the element of surprise, or dumb as a post, as he goes through two or three suits a year. So, one well-aimed laser-blast, and Wildfire is a helpless blob of whatever-he-is-made-of.

I’m calling this one for the Ray.

Next up:
Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) & Warrior (Guy Gardner) –vs.— 5YL Element Lad (Jan Arrah) & the Progenitor (Jan Arrah)
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/14/14 11:44 PM
And a well thought out answer that was. I dithered myself on answering that one. I was just getting into some dallying, when you posted. I was with you all the way to the last line, where I thought that the Ray's laser would be absorbed too and Drake would just punch him. I was thinking about Lazon too oddly enough. I should add that's not something I do a lot of.

As for this bout, The Proginator kills everyone. The Gardners (pushing up daisies smile ); 5YG Jan Arrah; The referees; the nice lady in the ticket booth; the parking attendants. Everyone.

Now, as soon as they've sacrificed Lightning Lad, cleared up the debris and hired new staff, the next bout will be...

Calamity King vs Major Disaster!

They should have just left the debris where it was...

Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/15/14 12:30 AM
Neither Calamity King nor Major Disaster have demonstrated very fine control of their powers.

The ultimate effect of the face-off is similar to the area being struck by a medium-sized meteor.

Nobody wins, least of all the innocent bystanders in the cities surrounding the battle epicenter of the battle.

Next:

Black Condor (Ryan Kendall) -vs.- Tellus
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/15/14 12:41 AM
So this is the first time I'd ever read that Ryan Kendall had some limited telekinesis and empathic abilities. I'm surprised because he's never demonstrated any in the half dozen issues I've read where he's appeared. Still, based on Googled descriptions of his abilities, Tellus seems far far more adept with both his telepathy and his telekinesis, and Tellus can use his flight ring to fly.

Tellus for the win.

Next:

Maxima and Superman vs. Laurel Gand/Andromeda and Superboy (Kon-El)
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/15/14 06:22 PM
Laurel Gand for the dirty fighting, sneaky catching Superman off guard win. The other two having been beaten already.

Next Bout:
Ferro Lad vs Steel

Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/15/14 07:07 PM
Steel had the gadgets, which makes him formidable. But, Ferro is actual Iron, and he has the ring. So it's a tight fight. But nature over gadgets for me. Ferro.

Amazing Man Vs. Duplicate Lad.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/15/14 07:30 PM
Even someone as dim as Duplicate Boy should be able to remember Superboy's invulnerability then strength/ vision powers for a win.

Next Bout:
Big Sir vs Monstress
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/15/14 09:51 PM
Big Sir is strong, but no stronger than an olympic-level weightlifter. Even with his energy-armor, Monstress is more than a match for him.

next up:

The Golden Age Sandman (Wesley Dodds) -vs.- Matter-Eater Lad
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/15/14 11:05 PM
I'd have to go with Wesley. Tenzil succumbs to the sleep gas even as he begins to nibble the end of the gas gun, in a completely non Freudian way.

You know, there should be a Matter Eater Lad/ Aliens crossover, during which Tenzil gets a power up of having a smaller set of jaws that can come out and reach over longer distances. Then he would have a chance! Then he could be a contender!

Next Bout:-
Geo-Force (with a plank to represent his personality although you can have him use his powers) vs Harmonia (with a cup of scalding hot tea. Again, you can have her use her powers too.)

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/16/14 06:09 PM
I can't recall that many instances where we've seen Harmonia move earth or rock, so I can't say how she compares to Geo-Force. But, Geo-force has super-strength, durability, gravity powers and lava blasts, which I think juuuust about make him more than a match for Harmonia's control of the four classical elements.

Geo-Force for the win.

Next:

Zauriel vs. Dragonmage
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/17/14 09:27 PM
Is that a flaming sword you have or are you just happy to be in the arena?

It pains me to go with Zauriel, who is pointlessly overpowered but Dragonmage hasn't a prayer. Zauriel has a direct line there too.

Next Bout:
They both have flight rings!
They both have force fields!
They both spend a lot of time travelling in ..um... time!

Yes! It's ...

Brainiac 5 vs Booster Gold!

Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/18/14 02:09 AM
Booster. He's more skilled at surviving. Brainiac is smart, but sometimes brute force and deviousness wins.

Tomorrow woman vs. Laurel Kent Millenium edition
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/18/14 09:35 AM
Laurel Kent is ruthless, but Tomorrow Woman was (if I remember right) an extremely powerful telekinetic and telepath. An I think the telekinesis alone would allow her to disable Laurel somehow.

Next:

Big Barda vs. Ultra Boy
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/18/14 12:46 PM
Hmm Jo is quite good but he tends to lead with his chin. I think ultra speed and flash vision would take her out but he'd be more likely to try and alternate between strength and invulnerability, in which case I think Barda is a way more skilled warrior. I give this one to Barda.

Blue Beetle vs Matter-Eater Lad!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/18/14 03:35 PM
Beetle blinds ME-Lad and hits him with that compressed air gun thingy before ME-Lad can get close. A Win for Kord!

Next bout:
Captain Atom vs Wildfire

Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/18/14 05:16 PM
Wildfire. His sheer speed alone displaces Captain Atom and he's lost to the depths of space.

Light Lass vs. Vixen
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/18/14 10:17 PM
Vixen walks all over original recipe Light Lass...3boot Light Lass might stand more of a chance because she was more aggressive with her powers but I still think Vixen would be too fast & cunning for her so I'm giving it to Vixen.

Hawkman vs Timber Wolf!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 08:06 AM
Tough one, as they match up pretty well. Hawkman can fly but T-Wolf has a flight ring. Brin has the healing factor but Carter's Nth metal also helps with that, I've read.

I think in the end I'll give it to Brin. Both are strong but I think Brin is stronger, and if Brin can disarm Hawkman (which I think he can!) then there goes Carter's advantage.

Next:

Dawnstar vs. Hawkgirl
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 11:42 AM
I'm giving this to Hawkgirl. Basically because Dawnstar is so terribly underwritten. She either flies really fast, has her tracking powers fail or mopes around with Dawnstar.

So, there's not a huge amount of great combat scenes for her. Unlike Hawkgirl who's as adept with Thanangarian technology as she is with medieval weaponry.

Next Bout:

Catspaw vs Catwoman
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 11:53 AM
Catspaw is fast and has claws, but her intelligence doesn't seem consistently up to human standard. Catwoman is extremely crafty and a good fighter.

If we're just talking about a fight though... Catspaw.

Next:

Gear vs. Blue Beetle (Ted)
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 12:17 PM
I say Gear would mop the floor with him. Given time Ted could probably pull a Batman and come up with some doodad to disable him but he was very rarely written as that guy in the Justice League books.

Donna Troy vs Thunder!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 01:00 PM
On one hand we have Donna's new Lasso of Persuasion. All she has to do is get it around her foes and she can force them to do her bidding IF her will is stronger.

Then we have Thunder's Captain Marvel powers, including the
"power of Zeus" which grants resistance to magic spells and attacks, plus the "wisdom of Solomon". While Donna's lasso is potent, I'd have to think that the Captain Marvel powers would give some sort of resistance to that. So, Thunder.

Next:

Fire vs. Polar Boy
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 01:13 PM
In a blatant act of favouritism I choose Fire! Bea is one of my faves of that era <3

Maxwell Lord vs Universo....which man can infiltrate their way to the most power?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 01:24 PM
Universo just seems more powerful. Look at the Universo Project. Yes, I know Max Lord's been able to wipe the memories of almost everyone on Earth too, but I think Universo's more capable.

Can we expand this outside the JLA/JSA too?

Saturn Girl vs. Emma Frost
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 01:57 PM
which Saturn Girl ...

Reboot Saturn Girl could do amazing things ... she'd hand Emma Frost her butt.

I still think Saturn Girl the original could out do Emma Frost ... Emma Frost has gotten stupider and weaker as time goes by.

Wonder Woman vs. Ultra Boy?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 02:07 PM
Although that one DNA issue showed Jo getting the drop on Diana, I think Diana is much smarter and more experienced as a fighter. And face it, Jo hasn't always been the smartest at using his powers (though his vision powers for one would give Diana a run for her money). Still Diana.

Next:

Maya vs. Nightwind
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 02:41 PM
hmmm I don't know maya but ... I think post make over Nightwind was pretty crafty as well as good with her powers.

I'd say Nightwind picks up Maya with the wind while dodging fire and water and throws Maya into a building.

Shrinking Violet versus the Atom Ray Palmer.

She's mean but he's smart.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 03:00 PM
She beat him before (well, a hard light hologram of him :p) cause he got overconfident.

But, Ray has the whole "keep my mass the same while shrunken" thing going, while Violet is the much better hand-to-hand fighter for sure.

Hmmm... tough one. I'll give this to Atom since he can manipulate his mass/weight separately from his size.

Next:

Infectious Lass and Chlorophyll Kid vs. Poison Ivy and Floronic Man
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 03:01 PM
In a blatant act of favouritism I choose Fire! Bea is one of my faves of that era <3

She's one of my utmost faves too smile
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 03:15 PM
Drura for the win, while sitting at a nice bistro table placed specially in the arena while she enjoys a nice, cool drink. No reason why she should trouble herself by standing up or anything. I just hope that Ral doesn't come down with any of the nasty plant rotting diseases that the others do.

Karate Kid I vs Batman
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 03:24 PM
KARATE KID KARATE KID!

OMG ... I think DC says Batman can beat Karate Kid ... but Batman never flipped Superman on his butt!

Karate Kid vs. Black Canary
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 03:24 PM
Justice League Unlimited Black Canary was pre t t y rockass.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Power Boy
KARATE KID KARATE KID!

OMG ... I think DC says Batman can beat Karate Kid ... but Batman never flipped Superman on his butt!

Karate Kid vs. Black Canary

besides Karate Kid probably knows everything Batman knows but + 1000 years of extra stuff ... imagine math in 1000 years .. its like the same thing but with butt kicking.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 03:37 PM
Yeah, imagine if Karate Kid busted out some martial arts moves based on a discipline that was created specifically to beat Batman!

KK vs. Canary - the sonic scream is pretty tough, but if KK can dodge heat vision from a possessed Mon-El... Karate Kid for this one.

Now...

Karate Kid (Val) vs. Steel (John Henry Irons)
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/14 07:43 PM
Since Steel is clearly wearing armour, Val dodges the hammer before determining the armour's weakest point, rendering Irons useless.

Next Bout:
Black Adam vs Thunder
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/21/14 04:26 AM
Black Adam. He's my fave Marvel ... except for Mary and ... Jr ... maybe.

Thunder has no chance. In fact he would probably snap her neck and dare I say ... steal her Thunder.

Black Adam versus Laurel Gand
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/21/14 05:22 AM
Black Adam is magic-based, which has always been a weakness for the Daxamites and the Kryptonians. Sadly, I'll have to give this one to Black Adam.

Next:

General Glory vs. Monstress!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/21/14 05:25 AM
aww man ... I thought Laurel would be a close one ... but I forgot they made a point of saying she was susceptable to magic.

I didn't pick mon ... because i figure he could just throw a white dwarf star at Black Adam.

Totes Monstress. One big punch.

Zatanna versus Dream Girl.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/21/14 05:28 AM
I think Laurel would be less clouded by emotion and could beat him, but on average I think Black Adam would win. Sadly. But I could think of ways for Laurel to win...

Well, even if Nura predicts everything Zatanna does, I don't think she can stop it frown So, Zatanna.

Next:

Kyle Rayner vs. Celeste Rockfish
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/21/14 06:33 AM
Kyle Rayner. frown

I love Celeste but she can't really make shapes ... and Kyle can do all kinds of things and ... even probably turn himself intangible ... Celeste's big advantage.

No powers I think Celeste would pistol whip him though.

laugh

Firestorm versus Element Lad.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/21/14 07:49 AM
Oh, if it were hand-to-hand Celeste would definitely win!

I love both equally, but Firestorm's nuclear blasts and intangibility (he can still do that right?) can easily overpower Element Lad.

Next:

Element Lad vs. Major Disaster
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/21/14 07:55 AM
Element Lad ... I imagine the Element Lad towards the end of the Baxter Legion making short work of any Major Disaster.

Firestorm versus Emerald Violet.
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/21/14 09:27 AM
I'd give it to Emerald Violet...Firestorm can't affect organics, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to affect the eye itself, and she'd be a lot more ruthless than him.

How about painfully shy Vi vs painfully nice Ice? Which meekest shall inherit the earth? (Or win the fight at least?)
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/21/14 09:32 AM
Vi for the win. She's gone through all that Legion training and could get the job done even if she was shy.

Next Bout:
Dream Girl vs Batman
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/21/14 10:59 AM
Common sense tells me that Batman is still the superior martial artist and that Nura's visions don't let her actually see a play-by-play of the future (sometimes she only sees glimpses)...

But I'll go for favoritism and say that Dream Girl would win tongue

Next:

Umbra vs. Batman
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/21/14 11:46 AM
I knew you'd say that, as Nura told me smile There was the argument that just because you see something coming, doesn't mean you can avoid it. But Nura apparently spent lots of time with Karate Kid. Since we've established that Karate Kid would slap Bats around...

I'm going with Umbra (assuming that it's pretty much the same as Shadow Lass). Batman is the better fighter, but he won't be able to see. Since Tasmia is an expert fighting in such conditions and can see, I think she'd win.

Next Bout:
Ferro Lad vs Citizen Steel

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/22/14 05:13 AM
Umbra's shadows are as potent as Shadow Lass', but with the added bonus of acting like energy/concussive blasts. She could snap someone's neck with those (and has threatened to). So, good choice wink

A guy made of iron vs. tough guy who can't feel anything. The JSA books featuring Citizen Steel SEEM to have him as an incredibly strong guy...

Going with Citizen Steel on this one as I think he's more invulnerable.

Next:

Ferro vs. Iron of the Metal Men
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/24/14 02:21 PM
Ferro can transform into a near-indestructible isotope of iron, but Iron is the real thing. The metal man also possesses pretty high-level shape-shifting ability, so it's analogous to an ordinary human going up against a buffed-up Plastic Man. Iron is also one of the more intelligent members of the Metal Men, so I don't think Ferro can win on strategy.

Iron of the Metal Men for the win.

How about some Villain-on-Villain action?

Next up:

Omen -vs.- Mr. Nebula
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/24/14 03:02 PM
Why would they fight? She needs a new costume and he's just the guy to do.

Actually I think he sufficiently annoys or confounds her until she gives up ...

Lightning Lord versus Killer Frost
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/24/14 03:24 PM
Was that meant to be Omen from the Prophet/Omen story?

On Lightning Lord vs. Killer Frost -

We know electricity's extremely fast, so I'm betting Mekt can zap Killer Frost before she freezes him. Even if she starts freezing the air around her, I think the ice she creates would still be conductive (if I understand my science right!)

Lightning Lord wins.

Emerald Empress vs. Sinestro

Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/24/14 06:36 PM
ah such a good one ...

Sinestro is pretty clever but Emerald Empress has no yellow weakness and a bottomless pit of power and the desire to use it to crush others.

I mean Sinestro is pretty cruel but ... the Empress makes herself giant size and squashes him like a bug.

Mordru versus Nekron!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/24/14 06:38 PM
Empress for the win. She would have had Hal Jordan's head on a stick years ago. The more writers try to make Sinestro sympathetic, the more the gap between them.

Next Bout:
Ferro vs Steel (Hank Heywood)
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/24/14 06:44 PM
Ferro ... anyone who clocks super boy and jumps into a sun eater has not only skin of iron but balls of steel.

Mordru versus Nekron!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/24/14 07:14 PM
Eeeew, poor Steel. I know we don't have the character hold back here, but castrating one of them?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/24/14 11:10 PM
As opposed to making them puke all over themselves, or freezing them solid and shattering them, or burning them to death, or burying them in rock, or...

I don't really even know what Nekron does, but DC SAYS Nekron is super powerful so I guess it's Nekron.

Next:

Tharok vs. Cyborg (Vic Stone)
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/24/14 11:34 PM
Tharok for the win.

Tharok is a super intelligence down the pecking order from Brainy, but a lot higher than normal folks, and that includes Victor Stone. Victor's scientific abilities always seemed a little tacked on for me too, recalling how much he resented his father's skills in that area.

Next bout:-
Tomorrow Woman vs Kinetix
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/25/14 01:32 AM
Hunh. I had always considered Omen to be a male anthropomorphic personification of whatever, despite the flowers.

But still, it is kind of creepily adorable to imagine a bunch of faceless little omenebulae running around.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/25/14 05:34 AM
Power Boy was probably thinking of the female Teen Titan Lilith, who called herself Omen, rather than the villain the Legion fought.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/25/14 05:37 AM
Tomorrow Woman's telekinesis mighter than Kinetix's. But, because she is an android, Zoe can just rip her apart with her powers. No, no, I'm not biased at all.

If it's terrorform Zoe than Kinetix definitely wins.

Next:

The Fatal Five (Validus, Tharok, Emerald Empress, Mano, Persuader)

Vs.

The Crime Syndicate (Power Ring, Ultra Man, Superwoman, Johnny Quick, Owlman)
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/25/14 01:59 PM
oh.

The original Earth-3 Owlman had mind-control powers, powerful enough to break Batman's will.

The magic of Volthoom overwhelms the Emerald Eye. Johnny Quick's superior speed best Mano. Multi-powered Ultraman, with Kryptonite-enhanced invulnerability and healing withstands the Atomic Axe and overpowers the Persuader. Owlman wrests mental control of Validus from Tharok. And its all over but Superwoman and her shape-shifting lasso pounding everyone for no reason at all.

Other versions of the Crime Syndicate would probably also beat the Fatal Five, but not without casualties. In most scenarios I can imagine, Tharok ends up in at least two pieces.

I'm going to say the fiendishly depraved Crime Syndicate.

Next:

Let's find a small, uninhabited galaxy and answer this question once and for all:

Silver-age Adult Legion Mon-El -vs.- Silver-Age Superman

(no kryptonite allowed)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/25/14 05:30 PM
I'm sure others would like to chime in as well!

I'll just refer to the old Adventure Era comics which always went, "and Mon-El is our MIGHTIEST member!" And there we go, Mon-El is mightier...

... of course, Superman could win just by grabbing a Phantom Zone projector and driving Mon-El insane with fear. So there's that...

... unless Mon-El thinks of it first and destroys all the zone projectors, or uses one on Supes first...

... and Silver Age Mon-El was able to experience and see a lot of things while in the Zone...

so...

I'm giving it to Mon-El (but a case sure could be made for Superman too!)

Next:

Sensor Girl vs. King Chimera
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/26/14 09:15 AM
Jeckie for the win. She has that personality through sheer breeding darling, not just as an act. She has powers under control at a whole different level than the rather unrefined, still training King. Chimera as Jeckie's corgi perhaps.

Aside:
Although Mon-El was the mightiest Legion member, that was with Superboy. With the experience of so many adventures and challenges under his belt, I'd have thought that a pre crisis Superman would win out. Mon El might have watched a lot of adventures, but only form the Phantom Zone.

Next Bout:
White Witch vs Anna Fortune

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/26/14 03:41 PM
White Witch. Anna has bungled spells from time to time, unlike the more capable Mysa.

Next:

Flare vs. Starfire
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/26/14 03:56 PM
Ah, I wasn't sure if Anna would have been able to shoot Mysa with something reliably or not.

Starfire for me. Flare ended up either captured by or meekly working for the Dominators. Starfire would be able to get in close and easily beat Flare with her vastly superior hand to hand skills.

Next Bout:
Karate Kid vs Judomaster (newer one)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/26/14 03:59 PM
Judomaster has this weird power that lets her evade all attacks specifically aimed at her, but not ones that "have no aim". Okaaaay.

I think Karate Kid and his wide range of martial arts experience should still let him beat her. I'm sure he's encountered one that allows him to randomly explode portions of the ground or something.

Next:

Doctor Light (Kimiyo Hoshi) vs. Chemical King
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/26/14 04:55 PM
Oh Kimiyo all the way ... She was always a badass until that weird story line where Dr Light came back as a psychopath and handed her her butt.

Dr. Light versus Lightning Lass

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/26/14 05:00 PM
(like!)

Well, Kimiyo can turn to light so she can easily evade Ayla's lightning while hitting her back hard.

Next:

Crimson Fox (either one) vs. Catspaw

Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/26/14 05:31 PM
Crimson Fox, she seems much more mature and intelligent and her claws are longer.

Dragonmage versus Cyclone Maxine Hunkel
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/26/14 06:17 PM
Oh, no contest on this one. Versatile magic versus wind powers. Cyclone COULD win if she catches Dragonmage by surprise, or maybe steals his air (but I don't think her powers are that refined yet). Dragonmage for the win.

Next:

Blue Jay vs. Shrinking Violet
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/26/14 06:46 PM
I just hope Jay doesn't annoy her before the contest. I hope she doesn't hurt him too much.

Star Boy vs Moon Maiden

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/27/14 01:32 AM
From wikipedia: Moon Maiden is able to manipulate the alchemical processes of the Hundred's Lunar Villa, and as such is able to manipulate the Moon's gravitational pull. The effects range from moving small items around, to flight, to creating havoc with the Earth's tides and earthquakes. She can also induce an effect called 'Lunar Madness' in others, which can manifest as anything from traumatic flashbacks to being driven permanently insane.

I'd say that trumps most versions of Star Boy right there.

Next:

Martian Manhunter vs. Universo
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/28/14 05:20 PM
I was wondering if the lunar madness wouldn,t be as effective on Thom.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/29/14 02:00 AM
I don't see why not, I don't recall reading anything about Thom that would suggest he'd be resistant/immune.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/29/14 08:33 PM
I was thinking more that he'd be a bit used to it smile

Martian Manhunter doesn't submit to Universo's hypno stone quickly enough and thumps Vidar unconscious.

Next Bout
The Atom Ray Palmer vs Brainiac 5

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/30/14 03:51 AM
I wonder if Ray Palmer would be able to penetrate Brainy's forcefield. I will assume that Brainy's already thought of that and has made sure tiny people can't get through (otherwise any Imskite could take him down).

Brainiac 5 for the win.

Next:

Agent Liberty vs. Gigi Cusimano
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/02/14 05:46 PM
I had to google Agent Liberty but it seems he has a force-field and blades and such while Gigi has...cute dimples and a plucky demeanour? Agent Liberty wins this round!

Wildcat vs Triad!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/02/14 10:58 PM
Tri Jitsu beats boxing baby!

Mr Terrific versus Invisible Kid
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/03/14 04:17 AM
I think Mr. T is a bit overrated, but his T-spheres should help him take out Invisible Kid even if Mr. T himself can't see them.

(I'm going with Michael Holt vs. Lyle Norg here).

Next:

Bouncing Boy vs. Gypsy
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/03/14 10:50 AM
"Oh, I'm all alone in this arena. No one to fight. I'll just bounce around a lot and...oh sorry miss. I didn't see you there. Sorry to knock you out."

Chuck has also bounced back from numerous loss of powers scenarios and helped Luornu cope with losing selves, so he's pretty good against Gypsy's psychic power too.

Next Bout:
Chameleon vs Plastic Man
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/03/14 10:58 AM
Cham's more versatile, of course, but Plastic Man's inability to change color isn't much of a liability in an all out brawl. And the only real ways to beat him are by sudden temperature changes.

Plastic Man wins.

Next:

Girl power!

Shrinking Violet and Kinetix vs. Fire and Ice
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/03/14 11:06 AM
Zoe contains Fire, snuffing her out and Vi easily goes subatomic and takes out Ice.

Next Bout:
Mister Miracle vs Grimbor's traps of the future.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/03/14 11:08 AM
(exactly how I thought it would go! :p)

Well, Mr. Miracle HAS to earn his super-duper-escape-artist credentials. I think this New God will still win somehow, if only because Grimbor can't anticipate all of his ill-defined gadgets and powers.

Next:

Tellus vs. Aquaman
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/03/14 11:25 AM
Tellus: By the Mother Ocean and it's Dark Circle masters, I'll...oh, a hook has smashed my helmet.

Arthur channels his inner Namor to ignore anything Tellus throws his way.

Next Bout:
Charma vs Martian Manhunter
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/03/14 11:41 AM
J'Onn's male, so Preboot Charma can charm him and Postboot Charma can control him outright. The end.

Next:

Nightwind vs. Windfall
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/03/14 03:12 PM
Pre cloak Nightwind and Windfall become friends. Then Nightwind shaves her head super quickly throws on her cloak and shows her maturity by thumping Windfall.

Next Bout
White Witch vs John Constantine (JLDark)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/03/14 04:29 PM
Mysa starts to cast a spell, but is interrupted by Constantine's amazing luck and manipulative abilities. She ends up walking off the battlefield thinking, "my what a nice guy that John fellow is".

Next: (stepping outside the JLA/JSA first)

Crystal Kid vs. Kole
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/04/14 01:45 AM
Kole? What an unexpected choice.

Kole's wiki thingy says she encases things in crystal. So, neatly ignoring Crisis and Black Adam I'm giving it to Bob as he transmutes things.

Kole is delayed in using her power due to having to go through some angst related issues first. "Oh, my mad scientist father" "Oh, my rejected love for Joe." "Oh, Azrael out-angsts me."

Next Bout:
Martian Manhunter vs Pre Crisis Legion Superboy
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/04/14 01:54 AM
MM. MM put down Ultra Man of the Crime Syndicate in about 2 seconds.

Matter Eater Lad versus Gypsy
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/04/14 02:10 AM
Poor Ultra Man. Just sitting in the crowd with a hot dog watching the Manhunter v Superboy fight minding his own business.

ME-Lad devours Gypsy then uses miracle energy to bring her back to do it all over again. Ultra Man, the innocent bystander, is lucky Manhunter killed him. He would have been put off his hot dog with this bout.

Next Bout:
Furball vs Tasmanian Devil

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/04/14 02:23 AM
Taz has human intelligence along with the powers, so Taz.

Next:

Kono vs. Amazing Man
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/04/14 11:35 AM
Kono just phases Amazing Man into the ground.

Next Bout
Gravity Boy vs Flash (Wally West)
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/04/14 11:41 AM
If Wally was gay he might be distracted long enough by Tel's (lack of) costume for it to make a difference but as it is poor Gravity Kid ain't stand a chance...

Battle Royale! Geo-Force vs Princess Projectra!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/04/14 12:04 PM
Will Geo-Force's utter lack of personality provide any resistance to Jeckie's powers?

No they will not. Geo-Force slumps to the floor screaming about peasants not knowing their place, and his dead/not dead/dead again sister.

Next Bout:
Spider-Girl vs The Huntress
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/04/14 01:12 PM
Sussa tries to strangle Huntress. Huntress whips out her bat-shears and shaves Sussa bald and/or electrocutes her hair or something.

Next:

Battle of the gay/bi men!

Power Boy and Gravity Kid vs. Tasmanian Devil and Starman (Mikaal Tomas - the blue one)
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/04/14 02:41 PM
Power Boy and Gravity Kid win based on hotness and actually now that I think about it, probably power-wise too. But mainly because of hotness laugh

Starman (Ted Knight) vs Starman (Mikaal) vs Star Boy! 3 men enter! 1 man leaves!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/04/14 02:49 PM
oooo, I like all three but since Mikaal was in Ted Knight's book I think that puts him at a disadvantage.

so Ted and Mikaal team up against Star Boy but ... whether it was merely heavy gravity Thom or uber reboot Thom, he was always so good with his powers ... Mikaal's out.

Ted ... gives a good showing, he was always mighty impressive in his can't quit attitude ... but ... Thom Kallor pulls it out.

<a little heavy gravity on that rod while Ted's in the air and it is game over>

Another three way:

Sentinel vs. Kyle Rayner vs. Rond Vidar.

(I know who I'd pick)

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/04/14 04:47 PM
Magical background + experience = Sentinel (though maybe Rond Vidar whips up some last minute save using his Time Cube... but, Sentinel's Starheart beats out the GL rings).

Next:

Supergirl vs. Laurel Gand

Power Boy and Gravity Kid win based on hotness and actually now that I think about it, probably power-wise too. But mainly because of hotness laugh

Totally agree. If they were real, Blaze and I would so double-date with Tel and Jed at the beach wink
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/04/14 06:31 PM
Laurel. Laurel hands her her butt. It is no contest.

Laurel's like 6 inches taller than her if not more. and is the scourge of the Khundian empire.

Lightning Lad versus Black Lightning.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 02:38 AM
I'd think both would be immune to each others' electrical attacks, but Black Lightning's superior fighting skills win out

Next:

Orion vs Ultra Boy
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 03:08 PM
Orion can stand off against Darkseid. Ultra Boy couldn't. Orion's relentless rage would take can of Jo.

Next Bout:
Rocket Red 7 vs Brainiac 5

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 04:02 PM
Forcefield trumps Apokoliptian armor.

Next:

Dawnstar and Shikari vs. Hawkman and Hawkgirl
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 04:20 PM
I was wondering if Red's mecha-empathy would affect the force field belt.

I think Shikari is the one who limps out of this one. Both Legionnaires are faster and more manoeuvrable. The Hawks have more combat experience and have more weaponry. But Shikari's armour and claws win through.

Next Bout.
Origin appearance Star Boy vs Silver Age Superman.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 05:05 PM
If written well, I'd say Star Boy. So descriptions of him say his powers rival a Kryptonian but (even without his mass altering additional powers) I'd bet he'd be more clever than Super Boy and clock him when he wasn't looking. IIRC SA Superboy was a bit naive sometimes.

Big Barda versus Laurel Gand
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 05:08 PM
Also this is really cool:

[Linked Image]

He's got a whole lot more chutzpa or crazy than Silver Age Supes.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 05:13 PM
Did that pic appear well after he had lost those powers? I seem to recall wondering why he wasn't incinerated.

Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 05:16 PM
I think this is artistic license of his origin. the comet crash thingey ... except he's in full costume.

dunno.
Did that pic appear well after he had lost those powers? I seem to recall wondering why he wasn't incinerated.

maybe shrug
If written well, I'd say Star Boy. So descriptions of him say his powers rival a Kryptonian but (even without his mass altering additional powers) I'd bet he'd be more clever than Super Boy and clock him when he wasn't looking. IIRC SA Superboy was a bit naive sometimes.

Big Barda versus Laurel Gand

BACK TO THE RANCH.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 05:34 PM
[quote=Power Boy} maybe shrug [/quote]

close enough for me.

This Barda vs Laurel is a toughie...

Barda: Trained as a warrior from birth. Grew up fighting peers to hone her abilities. She's a New God. She can fight a very well trained Wonder Woman to a draw. She has armour and a mega rod and flying discs. I think her abilities are underplayed in the comics.

Laurel: Isn't Supergirl. Has fought lots and lots of Khunds and been in lots of Legion fights. Has a dazzling variety of Daxamite Powers. A lot of her adventures are retcons.

I'm giving this to Barda, whose teleporting and blasting mega rod takes down Laurel. Just. It could easily have gone the other way.

Next:
Chlorphyll Kid vs The Floronic Man
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 06:44 PM
FLORO Man.

He turns Chlorophyll Kid's growing plants against him.

Metamorpho versus Element Lad
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 07:28 PM
I say Element Lad. As soon as Jan realises he's fighting a shapeshifter he just needs to put him in an inertron block. It's kinda funny because I think if Jan was more ruthless with his powers & used them directly on people then Rex would come out on top by surviving any transformation.

Silver Sorceress vs White Witch!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 08:37 PM
hmm.

I was going to say the White Witch, even the traditional White Witch that needed so much preparation could do a whole lot more than we've see the Silver Sorceress do ... yet ...

Silver Sorceress was quick, and one of the only things we saw her do reliably was teleport things ... I figure she quickly teleports Mysa away or a boulder on top of her.

Wandjina versus Dev Em
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 10:26 PM
I think the Knave from Krypton does terrible things to Wandjina. When Wandjina returns, controlled by Queen Bee, Dev Em does it all over again.

Blue Jay vs Aviax
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 10:41 PM
I was wondering if Red's mecha-empathy would affect the force field belt.

And I was going with the version of Brainy who had an internalized force field.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 10:46 PM
I must have completely missed that. Postboot Brainy?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 10:47 PM
I think the Knave from Krypton does terrible things to Wandjina. When Wandjina returns, controlled by Queen Bee, Dev Em does it all over again.

Blue Jay vs Aviax

I was wondering if Wandjina had a magical background that would give him an advantage over Kryptonians.

Aviax's superior shapeshifting abilities take out Blue Jay.

Next:

Guy Gardner and Ice vs. Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/05/14 10:51 PM
I was wondering if Wandjina had a magical background that would give him an advantage over Kryptonians.

I was going with him not being able to stop an entire stadium falling on his head. smile

Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/06/14 12:57 PM

Guy Gardner and Ice vs. Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad

Imra stalemates or telepathically overpowers Guy, Garth zaps them both. Imra and Garth win!

Zatanna vs Kinetix!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/06/14 01:43 PM
Even though I am biased and I love Zoe, if it's normal Kinetix then Zatanna wins.

If it's ill-defined power terrorform Zoe... Zatanna still wins. She can just magic the terrorform powers away. (though I suppose Zoe could evolve super speed to zap Zatanna first!)

Next:

Orion and Big Barda vs. Karate Kid and Sensor Girl

Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/06/14 01:48 PM
hmmm ... that is a tough one ... but I think the New Gods must have some extra sensory powers too and might be able to use their energy blasts in wide arcs taking out a hidden Sensor Girl.

Here's how it goes:

Karate Kid takes on Orion, Barda Blasts KK. Sensor Girl uses her power to confuse them both ... giving Orion and Barda nightmares of Apocalypse but both of them have conquered the real thing already so a wide blast from Barda wipes out my beloved Sensor Girl.

jeez, this is tough, if sensor girl strikes first, then karate kid could sneak up and try to take out the new gods from behind yet ... he would still be in the illusion too so ... my first scenario wins.

sensor girl and karate kid could play defense or hide and seek for days if this was a story but if its a battle i think the new god constitution and wide range of powers will win.

Next:

Mr Miracle and Barda vs. Laurel Gand and Brainaic Five
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/06/14 01:59 PM
Well, they are New Gods... Mr. Miracle never seemed that powerful to me, but I think he could find a way to slip past Brainy's forcefield. And Big Barda definitely has better combat skills than even well-trained and powerful Laurel. It's possible for Brainy and Laurel but I think in an all-out brawl, I agree with Peebz, the New Gods would win.

Next:

Aztek vs. Gear
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/06/14 02:28 PM
oh Gear!

I'm not even sure what Aztek's powers are ... but I bet Gear could hack them! I was hoping for a Gear battle.

oh shoot. I just read his suit is magical. It shorts out Gears attempts to hack it ... frown

poor Gear. Aztek wins.

I see we are all avoiding the big five .. because they are all uber powerful. frown

Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Green Lantern and the Flash.

versus.

The original Legion Lost line up:
Monstress, Brainiac 5.1, Umbra, Kid Quantum, Saturn Girl, Live Wire, Apparition, and Chameleon, Shikari, Ultra Boy, Wildfire and pre progenitor Element Lad.

That's 12 versus 5.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/06/14 04:13 PM
Brainiac 5 stalls for time with his forcefield, Kid Quantum II puts everyone into stasis, Saturn Girl commands Batman to sleep, Element Lad transmutes some kryptonite, Umbra blinds Flash while he's still in stasis making him easy pickings for Apparition, and everyone else piles on Wonder Woman.

Legion Lost team for the win!

Wow, what a fun fight!

Next:

JSA new kids

Stargirl, Cyclone, Lightning, Obsidian, Liberty Belle II (Jesse Quick), Damage, Wildcat II, Citizen Steel, Judomaster, Mister America, Magog, Amazing Man, Doctor Fate, Manhunter, Red Beetle, Ri, Darknight, Superman of Earth-22, King Chimera, Roxy, Anna Fortune

vs.

the non-Lost Legionnaires

Cosmic Boy, Triad, XS, Invisible Kid, Leviathan, Spark, Kinetix, Shrinking Violet, M'Onel, Gates, Sensor, Ferro, Karate Kid, Thunder, Timber Wolf, Dreamer, Gear, Chuck Taine piloting the Bouncing Boy, Kid Quantum I with a working forcefield belt, Magno with magnetic powers, Andromeda before she became a nun

That's 21 vs. 21.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/06/14 09:40 PM
This one is too tough for me.

Thothykins?

Razy?
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/06/14 10:03 PM
I was hoping you'd do this one Peebs smile

XS, Thunder, Kinetix, Mon El & Andromeda keep Superman, Jesse Quick and Fate busy.

Quantum Kid then freezes the others for a moment as Sensor disorientates them allowing Taine to squish them with the Bouncing Boy. The it's the whole Legion against the few survivors. Game over.

Next Bout
Every member of the Legion past, present and future against every member of the JLA past, present and future.

Or

Shadow Lass vs Ian Karkull
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/06/14 10:14 PM
Shadow Lass hiyah drop kick karate chop ...

I teethed on the Fatal Five!

Ian who ?

Jack O Lantern versus Persuader
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/07/14 01:33 AM
Persuader's axe slices electricity, gravity and Jack O Lantern's head.

Ne:

Emerald Empress vs. Guy Gardner w/ his GL ring
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/07/14 02:01 AM
Emerald Empress wins everything.

Guy Gardner is smart enough to try and charm his way out of this one, right before he runs, and still he ends up missing some teeth.

She may even take his ring!

Emerald Empress versus Black Canary and Zatanna
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/07/14 03:31 AM
I think Zee can do more things than the Empress. Let's say Zee and Empress stalemate each other, and Canary attacks Empress. Empress wallops Canary but is distracted enough for Zee to win

Next:

Color Kid vs. Big Sir
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/07/14 04:09 PM
Color Kid is smart and resourceful enough to trick Big Sir into doing something stupid like walking off a roof so score 1 for the Subs in this case!

If we're doing bad guys as well...how about Sinestro vs Emerald Empress?
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/07/14 08:09 PM
We did that one. Empress wiped that mustache right off his face.

Bizarro Superman versus Pulsar Stargrave
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/07/14 08:29 PM
Bizarro talk fuses Stargraves circuits shortly before Bizarro goes for the kill. Me am not winner! Me did not create Disco Pulsar!

Before:
All-in Peace >slap< silly Bizzaro talk...

Mon El vs Orion
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/07/14 11:39 PM
Orion killed Darkseid once, and his Wikipedia entry says he is as strong as Superman. And Orion's "Astro Force" is supposedly powerful enough to shield from Darkseid's Omega Effect. And he's a highly trained warrior with instinct to boot.

Huh, didn't realize these New Gods were so powerful...

Orion for the win. I'd pick him in a fight against Superman even.

Next:

Jade vs. Celeste Rockfish
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/07/14 11:47 PM
Jade. I can't get Kingdom Come Jade out of my head and she seemed like such a badnass.

No powers, Celeste would pistol whip her.

This is a tough one because Neon can turn intangible ... but I bet Jade could do. Jade has a lot more superhero cred and experience though.

I pick Jade, dunno, it is close.

Green Lantern Mon El versus Orion
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/08/14 12:40 AM
Ooh, interesting. Well, we know that strong-willed GLs can survive Superman-level punches. I think the GL ring could sway things in Mon's favor. I'll give this one to Mon.

Next:

Kid Quantum II vs. Jesse Quick
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/08/14 12:56 AM
Oh Jesse Quick, I love KQ 2 but super speed plus sonics ... she dodges even the crazy ambiguously powered blasts of KQ long enough to wipe her out with a sonic blast or a punch.

The problem is KQ would have to hit her, and even though she's large and in charge ... I think Jesse would knock her out first.

Hourman vs. Bouncing Boy
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/08/14 01:20 AM
I thought Kid Q could just throw up a blanket stasis field, but I guess Jesse could be fast enough to outrun the setting up of said field! I didn't know Jesse has sonic powers though...

Re Hourman vs. BB - I guess this is either Rick or Rex Tyler.

Tough one. Hourman's strong, but more importantly I read somewhere that their increased resistance includes invulnerability to small arms fire? If that is true, poor Chuck won't be able to damage them much. They can't hurt Chuck back either with his limited invulnerability so...

Light bulb went off in my head! Chuck can win, if he waits out the one hour. As soon as Hourman is powerless, bam! Chuck bowls into him.

Next:

Triad vs. Nightwing
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/08/14 02:07 PM
Aside:

Every member of the Legion past, present and future against every member of the JLA past, present and future.

Well, the JLA/JSA have the Jim Corrigan Spectre and the Hal Jordan Spectre, who are by definition as omnipotent as possible in the DCU, the Presence willing.

At just a slightly lower power levels, there is Superman Gold of DC One Million, the 864th century Hourman, Doctor Fate, and Johnny and Jakeem Thunder.

And the Phantom Stranger. Who knows what his power levels look like.

The only Legionnaires near these levels are the Black Witch, Mxyzptlk V, and the Progenitor.

Plus I think JLA/JSA just plain outnumbers the Legionnaires, even if you throw in the Subs, the heroes of Lallor, and every set of Wanderers.

So, no, sorry, I don't think the Legion as a whole could take JLA / JSA as a whole.

Carry on.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/08/14 03:11 PM
Totally agree with you there.

Even if it were just the JLA, you have several Green Lanterns (Hal, John, Guy, Kyle, Jade); multiple Flashes (Barry, Wally); the ff. heroes deemed powerful enough to storm the Anti-Monitor's fortress in COIE: Martian Manhunter, Captain Atom, two Firestorms, Dr. Light, Ray (son of the Ray who actually took part in COIE, but I'd assume same power level), Superman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman; Zatanna, plus the aforementioned Phantom Stranger and two versions of Dr. Fate.

If just the JSA, you mentioned Spectre, future Hourman, and Thunderbolt, and let's add Alan Scott and Jay Garrick and multiple Doctor Fates, Captain Marvel and Black Adam, and the Kingdom Come Superman and their own versions of Wonder Woman.

Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/08/14 08:00 PM
Ah the old comic cliche of the antagonists attacking one after the other. But not in this bout! Lu's Trijitsu results in Nightwing being overwhelmed. Before he can use his man-slut power to have a one night stand with one of them, it's over.

Next Bout:
Nemesis Kid vs The Spectre
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/08/14 08:20 PM
It that had been Roy Harper, he'd have been beaten even faster. Triad does not like smarmy pickup lines.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/08/14 11:13 PM
Nemesis Kid's power adapts to let him flee.

But I think Spectre can probably be scarier than Projectra so Nemesis is dust.

Gypsy versus Lady Memory
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/09/14 01:35 AM
Even though Gypsy is invisible, I think Lady Memory can affect her with her powers. I don't think her power limits were really established. Gypsy has a lot of traumatic past memories - death of her parents by Despero, for one.

Next:

Firestorm vs. Atmos
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/09/14 03:49 PM
Atmos makes Firestorm looooooove him.

(Actually I don't subscribe to that interpretation of his powers)

but I think Atmos is so super strong whatever Firestorm devises to blast or cage him dosn't work long.

and Firestorm can turn intangible or invisible but that just helps him run away.

plus Atmos is pretty agile and fast.

hmmm actually I just don't like Firestorm. But I think the original Ronnie and Stein matrix could eventually come up with something to stop Atmos ... unless Atmos makes them love him. It would be a two parter in Firestorm's book.

Firestorm.

Red Tornado and Hawkman versus Gravity Kid and Power Boy
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/09/14 05:03 PM
btw this game just reminded me of the old show MTV Celebrity Death Match ... with the claymation figures would go after each other in uber violet ways ... haha ... but probably not a good slant for LW.net

Although it couldn't actually be any worse than the comic books these days.

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/09/14 06:26 PM
I think Gravity Kid and Power Boy could easily stop Hawkman, but get blown away by Red Tornado's powers. I think Gravity Kid's powers have a more localized effect and aren't really on the scale of, say, Postboot Star Boy's. Plus Reddy is just... elemental!

Next:

Aquaman vs. Polar Boy

btw this game just reminded me of the old show MTV Celebrity Death Match ... with the claymation figures would go after each other in uber violet ways ... haha ... but probably not a good slant for LW.net

Although it couldn't actually be any worse than the comic books these days.

Our descriptions are a lot tamer than seeing these scenes drawn on paper smile even dropping a stadium on someone's head. hehe.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/09/14 09:51 PM
Let's Get It On!

Arthur's Harpoon hand streaks across the arena. Brek has been diligent in his Legion training, but he's clipped by it, drawing first blood for the Atlantean and the first scream for the audience.

Arthur curses as Brek unleashes a shower of Razor sharp shards of ice. "I hear you need water Aquadud! Have some!"

But Arthur's skin has been toughened by decades of put downs and jokes...and the ocean depths... and he leaps above the attack, and rises above the pain.

Still a little groggy from Aquaman's attack, Polar Boy tries to erect a ice shield to protect himself, but the falling Arthur smashes through it. Brek reels back as Arthur's first blow takes off his ice arm...and his flight ring.

An enraged Aquaman closes in for the kill, aiming his hook hand once again. His motion slows...slows...and stops as his molecular motion grinds to a halt. Brek stands slowly, a cruel smile forming along with his arm.

Retrieving his ring, Brek uses it to smash down on Aquaman, shattering him. "Haddock Ice Lollies for Everyone!"

"And the Winner is...Polar Boy!"

Next Bout:
The Tattooed Man vs Projectra
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/09/14 11:55 PM
oooo ... the Tattooed Man thinks he's got this since his holograms are physical ... he unleashes a python and a giant hawk ...

Projectra scrambles and then ... immerses the Tattooed man in a gravity less nightmare of snakes and hawks.

He craps himself. to put it lightly.

Then she rolls in and sucker punches him. He drops to his knees and instead of drop kicking him she lets him fall like a sack of meat.

Sensor Girl versus Super Girl

in a made for Brainy bout!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/10/14 12:11 AM
Not like Jeckie to miss a cracking opportunity to practice her execution skills.

Let's see how she does here.

The audience are restless. They were expecting a straightforward slug fest. Instead there are time bubbles popping in and out all over the place.

It's the original Supergirl vs Sensor Girl.. But then Supergirl is replaced by Satan Girl and then an '80s Supergirl with a headband. Sensor Girl is replaced by Supergirl, then Satan Girl and then it's Jeckie behind the mask. Just what is Brainy up to?

Jeckie leaps into the attack before Brainy can replace her with Laurel Gand. Suddenly the arena is filled with the Monitor's anti-matter and the dying screams of Superboy, the Legion and Brainy. But Jeckie's made a terrible mistake. Seeing Brainy in trouble is just what gets Kara upset. Just ask Thora.

Kara uses her Super-breath to scatter the Monitors energy. Jeckie is smashed against the arena wall which in turn is ripped from the arena landing 300 yards away on top of an "End Super Hero Fights" morality protest group.

She might cover it up with an illusion, but it's all over for Sensor Girl. As she collapses there's the unmistakable "plink" of a Time Bubble. "Perhaps you can be Saturn Girl next time..."

Next Bout:
Green Lantern - Alan Scott vs Chlorophyll Kid
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/10/14 12:26 AM
WHAT IS WITH ALL THE CHLOROPHYLL LOVE IN THIS THREAD?

oh but, I see what you did there.

Alan better be used to fighting people that exploit his wooden weakness yet ... Chlorophyll was so damn good during the 5YG.

Chlorophyll Kid shoots a seed down Alan's throat "gulp" and explodes the old man from the insides!

sorry Alan.

Chlorophyll Kid for the win.

Karate Kid, Nemesis Kid, Princess Projectra and Ferro Lad

versus

Steel (Hank III), Vibe, Gypsy and Vixen
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/10/14 02:23 AM
"Divide and conquer, boys," commands Projectra. And so they do. Each of the Detroit Leaguers is trapped in an illusion of their worst fears.

Karate Kid drop-kicks Vixen before she can use an animal power. (or even if she can, hey, he's not the one trapped in an illusion).

Ferro Lad cracks Vibe's ugly shades and throws him to the ground.

Gypsy tries to turn invisible, but Projectra's illusions have her cornered. Projectra hears her whimpering, and puts her to sleep.

Nemesis Kid faces Steel, and gains the power to put enemies in stasis.

Legion for the win.

Next:

XS, Gates, Kinetix, Kid Quantum II and Thunder

vs.

Fire, Ice, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold and Guy Gardner
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/10/14 02:41 AM
this one is too close to home for me to call.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/10/14 03:00 AM
Big fan of both teams? I was wondering if my League members were a bit underpowered compared to the Legionnaires...
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/10/14 03:13 AM
I am rooting for both teams.

IDK Fire is pretty fierce and Guy Gardener is really powerful and Booster was always really good with his force field when push came to shove. (he seems like a joke but he always threw down when he had to)

plus Ice was pretty awesome too occasionally.

I was thinking the JLI would kick the crap out of everyone except Kid Quantum and then it would be a stalemate.

XS takes out Blue Beetle easy but then gets stopped by Booster's force field which he promptly puts her in ... Guy checkmates Thunder and Kid Quantum for a few moments ... while Fire and Ice chuck Kinetix and Gates. (Kinetix can't deal with both Fire and Ice at the same time)

Then all four JLIers take on Thunder and Kid Quantum. It is a tough call but I think Guy takes down Thunder eventually because he is azycray and Kid Quantum stalemates the whole shebang until ...

.... Blue Beetle wakes up and ends things with a drop kick when she's not looking.

ok here's an easy one.

Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy

versus

Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/10/14 03:50 AM
I can see Kinetix and Gates doing a better job against Fire and Ice, but you're right it could go either way. (I purposely chose characters from both teams that I really like so I'd be less biased, but it's tough!)

Oh drat. The three Legion founders take Batman down easy, because. If it were just Wonder Woman and Batman the three founders could stand a chance, but with Superman there... BAM.

Next:

Let's see how some Legionnaires take on JL Europe!

Chameleon, Andromeda, Wildfire, Celeste Rockfish, Timber Wolf, Gear, XS

vs.

Elongated Man, Power Girl, Doctor Light, Captain Atom, Crimson Fox, Rocket Red, Flash
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/11/14 12:54 AM
Let's see how some Legionnaires take on JL Europe!

Chameleon, Andromeda, Wildfire, Celeste Rockfish, Timber Wolf, Gear, XS

vs.

Elongated Man, Power Girl, Doctor Light, Captain Atom, Crimson Fox, Rocket Red, Flash

While Power Girl & Laurel square off, Flash & XS are just blurs coming into full view every now and then as their fight takes them around the city before anyone else has thrown the first punch.

Dr Light blinds Timber Wolf & Cham so Crimson Fox and Ralph can take them by surprise. Celeste makes the mistake of trying to zap Dr Light in retaliation, who absorbs her attacks to make herself stronger.

Gear tries to take over the Rocket Red armour, and winds up in a tech-empathy stalemate with the man inside for a while though Gear eventually comes out on top.

Wildfire and Captain Atom are the first casualties, blowing each other up high above the battlefield.

Ralph and Crimson Fox are next to fall...even with the advantage of surprise, they're not in Cham and Brin's weight class. The Flash comes back with a beaten XS (she's good but Wally has way more experience) and manages to take out Cham and Brin before a Gear-possessed Rocket Red suit ambushes the Flash.

It's only the ladies left now! Seeing how many of her team have fallen, Dr Light easily absorbs the rest of Celeste's power leaving just enough to keep her alive. Turning all that excess power on Andromeda, it's enough to help Power Girl get the upper hand! Power Girl & Dr Light together take down poor Gear with an embarrassing lack of effort. As the last two heroes standing, they claim victory for the JLE!

Superhero cat fight! Catspaw vs Catwoman vs Wildcat!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/11/14 01:44 AM
Two thumbs up for recognizing just how powerful and effective Kimiyo is, raz!

Catspaw vs. Catwoman vs. Wildcat, hmmm.

Ted isn't one to sit on the sidelines, so I'm betting he and Catwoman recognize Catspaw as the biggest threat and take her down together. Then it's Wildcat vs. Catwoman. Ted's well-trained but aging, while Catwoman was trained by him, if I remember right (but has learned other fighting styles too) and is in her prime.

Catwoman squeezes past Ted, barely winning.

Let's bring in some guest starts - the Titans!

Nightwing, Donna Troy, Arsenal, Tempest, Flash, Starfire, Changeling/Beast Boy, Raven, Cyborg, Jericho, Kole, Danny Chase, Bumblebee, Herald, Lilith, Joker's Daughter, Hawk, Dove, Flamebird, Golden Eagle

vs.

Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Live Wire, Triad, Apparition, Leviathan, Brainiac 5, XS, Chameleon, Invisible Kid, Spark, Kinetix, Shrinking Violet, Ultra Boy, Element Lad, Gates, Star Boy, Umbra, Sensor, Ferro

20 vs. 20!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/15/14 01:37 AM
Aw, too tough? My money's on the Legion here. The ones included are just generally more powerful - Kinetix can stall Danny, Sensor can trap everyone in an illusion, Element Lad transmutes whatever crystal Kole creates, Ultra Boy stalemates Starfire for a while, Saturn Girl and Gates do the same to Raven, XS distracts Wally, and Brainiac 5 instructs the others to take down each remaining Titan.

Let's bring in some guest starts - the Titans!

Nightwing, Donna Troy, Arsenal, Tempest, Flash, Starfire, Changeling/Beast Boy, Raven, Cyborg, Jericho, Kole, Danny Chase, Bumblebee, Herald, Lilith, Joker's Daughter, Hawk, Dove, Flamebird, Golden Eagle

vs.

Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Live Wire, Triad, Apparition, Leviathan, Brainiac 5, XS, Chameleon, Invisible Kid, Spark, Kinetix, Shrinking Violet, Ultra Boy, Element Lad, Gates, Star Boy, Umbra, Sensor, Ferro

20 vs. 20!

OR

Green Arrow vs. Karate Kid
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/15/14 02:27 PM
Haha I was actually just about to take on your group battle, I came to the same conclusion...some of the Titans would put up a great fight but too many of them are really just normal people or very low-powered...Triad could probably take out Lilith, Joker's Daughter and Flamebird on her own and she's probably the weakest Legionnaire there.

If Green Arrow has his trick arrows I say he'd beat Karate Kid. He'd only need to see Val catch one in mid-air or chop it in two before he changed to an electro-arrow or something with an area effect. If it's Ollie with normal arrows then I think Val would be able to deflect them long enough to get in close and finish him.

Next: Zatanna vs Element Lad!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/15/14 02:59 PM
Haha! I decided to leave the Titans vs. Legion group battle open just in case, and I'm glad we both came to the same conclusion!

Zee vs. Jan? Ooh.

For all Jan's power though, Zee is just much more versatile. "odnu snoitatumsnart"! Zee can also cast her spells much quicker than, say, the White Witch could. So it really depends on who acts first, but I think Zee would be prepared with some magical shield or something.

Next:

Jakeem Thunder vs. White Witch
Posted By: Power Boy Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/15/14 10:24 PM
oh the White Witch. The Thunderbolt falls in love with the sweet witch and runs off with her. (The bolt is benevolent anyway and Jakeem dosn't seem to me to have much control of him)

Justice League Blonde

Star Girl, Animal Man, Adam Strange, Green Arrow and Power Girl

versus

Legion Blonde

Andromeda, Saturn Girl, Element Lad, Brainiac 5 and Dream Girl (platinum!)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/16/14 12:04 AM
Andromeda stalemates Power Girl while Element Lad transmutes Green Arrow's, Adam Strange's and Star Girl's weapons into oxygen. Saturn Girl puts Animal Man to sleep before he can get into range. rainy uses his forcefield and Dream Girl her wicked martial arts skills to take the three now non-powered heroes down. Then everyone piles on Power Girl.

Legion wins!

Next:

Color Kid vs. Silver Age Hal Jordan
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/16/14 12:16 AM
Hmmm....Hal did always manage to pull out some ridiculous way of getting past the yellow weakness, but aside from that he's as dumb as a pile of bricks. Color Kid on the other hand has always been very clever with his powers and I'm sure the yellow weakness is general knowledge by the 31st century so I say Color Kid whips him.

Fire Lad vs pre-genebomb Green Flame!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/16/14 03:23 AM
Yeah, Ulu could simply turn everything yellow tongue

Bea wins this one. Besides better control, she's a better hand to hand fighter. And she can use her feminine wiles on Staq

Next:

Night Girl vs Big Sir
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/16/14 08:06 AM
Even if there's too much light for her to overpower him, Lydda could outwit him. Night Girl wins!

JSA Wonder Woman vs Monstress!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/16/14 08:34 AM
Monstress may be strong and big and tough, but Wonder Woman's a trained warrior! And a lot more graceful I think. WW wins!

Next:

Quislet vs. Firestorm
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/16/14 10:13 PM
Firestorm absorbs Quislet >burp<
Quislet possesses Firestorm in a weird energy merge, becaoming the dominant one in the matrix >what fun!<

Wins for Quis!

Next Bout
Chameleon Boy vs Menagerie (Justice League Elite)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/14 01:13 AM
Menagerie can actually take on some abilities of whatever symbiotic alien parasites blah blah are in her system (I blanked out at the word symbiotic), including truth serum creation, electric bursts etc etc. And we know she's more ruthless than Cham. While Cham's smarter I think it's Menagerie who has the upper hand.

Next:

Dream Girl vs. Sandman (Wes Dodds)
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/14 02:58 PM
Dream Girl kicks his butt, wrinkling the nice suit and twisting the gas mask.

As much as I like Wesley, he has no chance.

Next Bout:
Ambush Bug vs Gates
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/14 03:37 PM
Ambush Bug would win by default, he'd drive poor Gates to teleport as far away as he could just to save his sanity tongue

Huntress vs Shadow Lass!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/14 03:43 PM
Shadow Lass is the champion of her planet and was protecting and representing it before the Legion showed up. Since then, she has all those Legion scale adventures.

Huntress really isn't at that level. That's not even bringing in the shadow powers and the Karate Kid training.

Shady wins!

Next Bout:
Ultra Boy vs Captain Comet

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/14 04:23 PM
Captain Comet has telekinesis, telepathy and a teleportation power. Even with the latest version having reduced superhuman abilities (so I've read) he should be able to win over Ultra Boy.

Next:

Gates vs. Blue Beetle
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/19/14 06:56 PM
Gates gets tired of Beetle's wisecracking in 0.2 seconds and teleports him into a nice soundproofed room somewhere with a very secure lock!

Battle of the sidekicks! Teleporting Snapper Carr vs Elastic Lad Jimmy Olsen!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/20/14 12:28 AM
In the 2nd Legion Lost series for this, Gates was beaten by an elastic woman who wrapped herself around his body. Everywhere he teleported, she went along too!

Course, Snapper's teleportation is different in that he teleports whole objects; as opposed to Gates whose disks teleport everything inside their area.

And besides, who said Snapper's gonna let Jimmy get close enough to punch him?

Snapper for the win.

Next:

Doctor Light (Kimiyo) vs. Lazon
Posted By: Kinetix (Zoe Saugin) Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/07/14 05:47 PM
Lazon turns into light, but Kimiyo controls light. I think Kimiyo would win!

Next:

Hal Jordan vs. Emerald Empress
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/19/14 03:19 AM
EE is a psychopath, but Hal has had years to refine his will. And while the eye is powerful, I think Hal has the edge. The eye is mostly mindless, whereas Hal thinks, despite what some writers have tried to portray him as.

Next:

Hawkman Vs. Bouncing Boy
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/19/14 03:21 AM
Yay! Rickshaw has bumped this thread up!

Although Bouncing Boy has heightened defenses, Hawkman has access to Thanagarian science and weapons. I think he can figure out a way to stop Chuck from Bouncing around.

Next:

Doctor Light vs. Celeste Rockfish as Neon
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/25/14 03:37 PM
I reckon Dr Light would have an even easier time with Celeste than Lazon...Celeste is powerful but has no real idea how to use it. After Kimiyo wipes the floor with Celeste though, I wonder how she fares against Shadow Lass?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/25/14 04:46 PM
Shadow Lass' powers have really been inconsistent over the years. I recall one Action Comics story where Shadow Lass was impersonated. Mon-El figures the fake out because "the real Shadow Lass would have been weakened and wouldn't have been able to use her powers!"

Kimiyo for the win.

Next:

Cyborg vs. Gear
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/27/14 01:07 PM
Sorry Vic, I like you but Gear has got this one wrapped up!

Karate Kid vs Cassandra Cain! Cagematch! Two insanely good fighters enter, one fighter leaves!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/27/14 02:10 PM
Karate Kid. Still knows more types of martial arts.

But how would Karate Kid fare against... Atom (Ray Palmer)?
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/27/14 04:03 PM
Atom is a clever fellow, he can shrink down to microscopic size and do some crazy shenanigans to Val's brain/heart/flight ring as soon as he realises he's outclassed physically. Atom wins!

Adventure-era Lightning Lad and Light Lass vs the Wonder Twins!
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/28/14 02:46 AM
The Twins Legionaries. No real explanation needed on that one, heh.

Hal Jordan Vs. Ultra Boy
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/28/14 03:50 AM
Jo has a ton of powers, but he can only use one at a time. Hal's ring should be able to withstand any attack from Ultra Boy's strength or vision powers. Hal for this one!

Next:

Battle of the fashionistas. Kinetix vs. Fire!
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 07/17/14 04:22 AM
Kinetix. She's got more range than Fire.

Next:

Atomic punch Atom vs. Ultra Boy
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 07/17/14 04:50 AM
Ultra Boy can take Atom out from afar.

Next:

Royal rumble. Sensor Girl vs Wonder Woman
Posted By: Kinetix (Zoe Saugin) Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/09/14 12:55 PM
Wasn't Wonder Woman almost killed once by being trapped in a virtual reality scenario?

Sensor Girl for the win.

Next:

Chameleon vs. Elongated Man
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/16/14 10:55 AM
In a battle of Espionage it's a win for Reep
In a battle of intuitive mystery it's a win for Ralph
In a battle of niceness, it's a win for Sue
In a battle of beating lumps out of each other, I'd have to go for Reep. Turning into spiky creatures or tiny,invasive creatures should be enough.

Next:
GEAR vs Cyborg
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/16/14 11:07 AM
Cyborg is more aggressive so I pick him.

Next:

Booster Gold vs. Ultra Boy
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/17/14 01:28 PM
Booster can go back in time as often as he likes, but he's still going to get beaten.

Tomorrow Woman v Kid Psycho
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/17/14 01:35 PM
Tomorrow Woman stalls Kid Psycho out until he uses up his lifespan.

Next:

Hourman (robot) vs. Kid Quantum II
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/20/14 12:54 AM
Hmmmm, that's a tough one. I gotta go with Robbie, though. I know he was seeking humanity, but he had the goods and wasn't subject to emotions that might get in the way. He routinely set them aside when he needed to to get the job done.

Next up:

Atomic Punch Atom vs. Star Boy (with kryptonian power)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/20/14 03:51 AM
Star Boy, who doesn't even have to get into close range to get the job done.

Next:

Kinetix, Gates and XS vs. Major Disaster, Manitou Raven and Faith

"simple" powers vs. can-do-whatever-the-hell-the-writer-wants (almost)!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/20/14 10:54 AM
It's important that the characters talk with their creator to get a sense of what the point of their existence is. Since the writer's head is so far up their own butt then that's where Gates teleports them to.

XS is on hand in case the writer and characters need whisked off to seek medical attention.

Kinetix magic makes this combat possible and should be a reminder to all writers doing this sort of thing. Faith. Ugh frown

Next:

Steve Trevor vs Shvaughn Erin

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/20/14 11:44 AM
Shvaighn, because she has access to future tech and I like her more. So there.

RJ Brande vs. Snapper Carr
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/20/14 02:43 PM
Hmmm....

'60s beatnik vs odd Dutch in Battle of the Implausible Accents!

I imagine that while Snapper is going on about how hip he is to the arena scene, RJ punches him in the face. "I haff a verdammit bishness to run!"

Next!
L-Ron (before Despero) vs COMPUTO (as spherical majordomo in the Legion HQ)

Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/20/14 03:12 PM
L-Ron, he's sneakier.

Wildcat vs. UB, no superpowers allowed.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/20/14 03:21 PM
Ultra Boy is sneaky, but Wildcat is a well-trained fighter.

Next:

Jakeem Thunder and Thunderbolt vs. Dragonmage
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/23/14 06:44 PM
"Say you T-Bolt! Did that pile of ash get anywhere near blustering up a spell, before you toasted him?

Next:
Reanimage vs Resurrection Man
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/24/14 04:37 AM
"I can die and come back to life!"

"I can die and come back to life with an awesome new power every time!"

"Can I just die now?"

Next:

Hawkman vs. Aviax

Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/24/14 07:02 PM
Aviax: Bah! You only have fake wings. I can transform into many birds!
Hawkman: Most of which are easily crushed by this big mace >splat<

Next:
Koko the Monkey vs Congorilla
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/25/14 12:06 AM
Congorilla: "hey little guy, you're cute aren't you? And not at all annoying. That Brainiac 5 is soooo hot tempered. Here, have a treat."

Next:

Umbra vs. Starman (Mikaal Tomas)
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/25/14 12:22 AM
Tomas: You have no chance against the martial arts skills I've learned from 1970s Kung Fu movies.
Tasmia: Um...those are disco moves. This is martial arts...

Next:
Maxwell Lord v R J Brande

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/25/14 06:25 AM
Max Lord is a d*ck and I hate him, so RJ Brande. So there.

Next:

Marla Latham vs. Alfred Pennyworth
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/25/14 06:56 PM
Marla's engineering and business skills are no match for the bottomless, contradictory past of Alfred - who can also turn into the Outsider if need be. Alfred for the win.

Next Bout:
Captain Comet vs Rond Vidar
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/26/14 12:50 AM
Comet's formidable mental powers and physical prowess are no match for Rond's immunity to hypnotism and GL ring. Rond.

Infectious Lass vs Atom Ray Palmer
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 11/12/14 04:56 AM
That's a tough one. IL can make people ..well..ill. But Ray can get down small enough to maybe not be hit by it, but then he'll have to fight it. Gotta give this one to IL.

Wildfire vs. Cyclotron
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 11/12/14 06:05 AM
I don't know if they'll be immune to each others' powers, but Wildfire is faster and can maybe fly Cyclotron into space or drop him from somewhere high. As long as his suit doesn't get destroyed, anyway.

Giving this to Wildfire.

Next:

Thunder vs. Captain Marvel Jr.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 12/04/14 01:51 AM
Thunder. She isn't sharing her powers while with the legion with anyone.

Ooooh.....

Princess Projectra vs.....Dr. Midnite!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 12/04/14 02:25 AM
Oh, nice one. But remember, Projectra can affect all senses - she can overwhelm Dr. Midnite's sense of smell with rotting garbage or give him a tremendous earache with a loud thunderclap.

Next:

Kinetix vs. Superboy (Kon-El) during the time when he just had tactile telekinesis
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 12/29/14 11:08 PM
Kon. He showed himself to be resiliant and tough, and while Kinetix was fun, and had toughness to her, I think Kon (though not my favorite) would win.

Next:

Dr. Fate Hector Hall VS. Cosmic Boy
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 12/29/14 11:41 PM
Magic vs magnetism? Sorry Cos. This goes to Hector.

Next:

Wonder Woman vs Ultra Boy
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/01/15 06:38 PM
WW. She's simply more powerful, and I'm not talking amazon/kryptonian/spacewhale powerful, but...mesmerizing power.

Next:

Robotman(All-Star version) vs. Braniac 5
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/02/15 06:17 AM
Brainiac 5, who probably knows more about how Robotman's body than he does. Oh, and the forcefield.

Next:

Umbra vs. The Shade
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/03/15 05:39 PM
The Shade. Love Shady, but Shade is nasty, devious, wicked and more than willing to do what's needed to get the job done.

Next:

Atom-Smasher vs. Monstress
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/04/15 02:04 AM
Sorry Candi, I love ya but I think Atom-Smasher's got this one...more experience and seems like he'd be more powerful too.

Nightwind vs Cyclone from the JSA
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/04/15 04:25 AM
I'm not sure who is more powerful, though it SEEMS to be Cyclone (of course, she has more comics exposure...). Cyclone is a genius but a bit of a scatterbrain, while Nightwind seems to have a better head in battle. Tough call, and I love them both...

I'll give this one to Cyclone.

Next:

Stargirl vs. Star Boy
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/04/15 01:15 PM
Stargirl got more use out of the cosmic staff than Jack Knight did. But that wouldn't be too hard. From what I've seen though it's never really been used to near it's potential.

On the other side, we have a veteran of the Legion, who should be able to end this fight before Stargirl gets a chance to aim.

Starboy.

M'Rissey vs Catherine Cobert
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/04/15 01:50 PM
Catherine could shepherd Wally West and Power Girl at their most obnoxious, M'Rissey doesn't stand a chance wink

Electric Superman vs Wildfire during his very brief period non-containment suit period
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/04/15 03:13 PM
I'm not really sure either could harm the other, but Wildfire would have had more control and experience at that point. Wildfire.

Next:

General Glory vs. Monstress
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/04/15 04:35 PM
"Perhaps it's time to embrace other ways of thinking General Sweetie", says Monstress before the punch that ends the fight early on.

Quislet v Nuklon
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/04/15 05:59 PM
Energy being Quislet brings building after building crashing down on Nuklon's head no matter how big he grows.

Next:

Guy Gardner vs. Emerald Empress
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/04/15 06:15 PM
Guy Gardner rants about being the toughest and makes lecherous suggestions. The Empress entertains this for 3 seconds and then turns Gardner inside out.

Rocket Red v Computo II
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/04/15 06:17 PM
Before Dimitri can finish bragging about his Apokoliptian armor, Computo shuts it off.

Maxwell Lord vs. RJ Brande
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/04/15 07:28 PM
Maxwell Lord has mind control. Outclassed on mercantilism (You only deal wif some monies ohn vun planet, it's his best shot.

He taps into Brande's mind only to find a twisting, shifting array of Durlan thought processes. Brande knocks Lord out with a copy of the Bumper Book of Star Birthing.

Fire v Neon
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/05/15 04:48 AM
"Ugh, what terrible fashion sense," thinks Fire as she blasts Neon. Neon laughs, focuses her energy outwards, and encases Fire in an airtight energy bubble. Neon gently lays an unconscious Fire down. "Energy being, I don't need clothes," she laughs back.

Next:

Ice vs. Polar Boy
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/05/15 09:22 AM
Tora is adorable but she's never really been shown using her powers as effectively as Polar Boy....I give this one to him.

Also I could totally see Fire dissing Neon like that which is kinda funny because in her powered up form Bea just looks like Neon with hair tongue

Next, the battle of the ages we've all been waiting for! That's right, Bluejay vs Ornitho! Two kinda birdy guys enter! One bird dude leaves! WHO WILL IT BE.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/05/15 09:57 AM
Ornitho, who can actually change into various forms. Ornitho swats poor BlueJay aside like the little dude that he is.

Next:

Rocket Red vs. Tharok
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/08/15 01:27 AM
Rocket Fred uses his Mecha Empathy to get the robotic half of over confident Tharok to punch out the human half mid rant.

But half a Tharok is still pretty strong and Tharok mentally overcomes Fred's powers. But Fred gets into the air and blasts Tharok from there.

Rocket Fred wins.

G'Nort vs Neon
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/08/15 02:06 AM
G'nort infuriates Neon so much she traps him in an energy bubble and sends him 1000 km into the ground while he frantically reads through his power ring manual.

Next

Validus vs Chemo
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/08/15 11:12 PM
Validus reckons Chemo is a giant play toy, and is quite upset when he bursts open his opponent. Nothing Chemo has in him bothers Validus beyond the thought that he now smells a bit better.

Mano v Damage
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/08/15 11:23 PM
Mano reaches for Damage to blow him up. An annoyed Damage simply blows up the ground Mano is standing on.

Next:

Gas Girl vs. Metamorpho
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/11/15 12:22 PM
Unfortunately, one of the arena staff left a fan running. During the conflict, Gas Girl and Metamorpho are merged together in the ultimate combination of political correctness and methane based French fart jokes.

The Gas Person, would leave the arena to become spokesperson for a leading utility company.

Next:

30th Century Darkseid vs 20th Century Darkseid
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/11/15 01:29 PM
One is older and wiser, one is younger and cockier. Wiser Darkseid orders all his servants, slaves and parademons into the ring to beat up his younger self, softening him up for the killing blow.

Next:

Gypsy vs. Invisible Kid
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/11/15 02:30 PM
That's weird. I was going to go with that one, before thinking of Darkseid. wink

Invisi Kid's teleportation is just not dependable enough to take Gypsy out of the contest quickly. Her ability to induce fears in others, may not scare Jacques too much as hes used to appearing suddenly due to his own crisis triggered powers. But it would disorientate him enough, so that Gypsy would move in and knock him out.

Antaeus vs Earth Man

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/11/15 03:50 PM
Great minds and all that. Or invisible spying, if you prefer tongue

Earth-Man has a lot more different powers than Antaeus does, so Earth-Man.

Next:

Gypsy vs. Lyle Norg
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/11/15 03:55 PM
Invisi Kid's teleportation is smarts are just not dependable enough to take Gypsy out of the contest quickly. Her ability to induce fears in others, may not scare Jacques Lyle too much as hes used to strange apparitions appearing suddenly due to his own crisis triggered powers serum based side effects. But it would disorientate him enough, so that Gypsy would move in and knock him out.

Antaeus v Tharok
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/11/15 03:59 PM
Ruthless Tharok uses his ace in the hole - a borrowed Emerald Eye. Oh, wait, he doesn't need that... eye lasers and hyper-intelligence cyborg brain beat cybernetic, overzealous Antaeus easily.

Next:

Booster Gold vs. Wildfire
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/11/15 05:10 PM
This comes down to the craft in Wildfire's suit construction allowing him to generate enough energy to break down Booster's force field.

It's not as easy a battle as it might appear, but I go with Drake for the win.

Big Sir v Monstress
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/11/15 05:27 PM
I honestly think Monstress is stronger. But even if she isn't, she's a heck of a lot smarter. Monstress wins.

Next:

Oracle vs. Computo II in a who-can-hack-the-other-team's-systems-first game.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/11/15 11:42 PM
computo can access systems by thought, where babs still has to reach for the manual.

win for computo.

Multi Man vs Roxxas
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/12/15 01:55 AM
Is this crazed Daxamite Roxxas or insane non powered Roxxas? Either way, Roxxas keeps killing Multi-Man until the latter evolves a power that can stop him.

Next

Major Disaster vs Harmonia
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/12/15 10:36 PM
That lack of control Major Disaster has is going to cost him. Harmonia sweeps him away in a great blast of wind.

10 minutes later, as Harmonia is traveling back home, a meteor shower impacts against one stand of the arena where they were fighting.

Next bout:-
Brainiac (not 5) vs Pulsar Stargrave
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/13/15 12:54 AM
The original gets this one.

Citizen Steel vs Ferro Lad
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/17/15 06:31 PM
Ferro's outmatched in the strength department. But Steel is untrained and really doesn't have the willpower either. Ferro's Legion training, determination and experience pays off.

Ferro Lad wins!

Next Bout:
Policy Pam vs L-Ron (robot form)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/17/15 06:34 PM
Policy Pam charms L-Ron and gets him/it to buy life insurance for all the JLI members. Blue Beetle's is a steal considering his heart condition. Guy Gardner's contains a "Fire finally gets fed up with him" clause.

Next:

Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Saturn Girl, Apparition, Triad

vs.

Robin, Wonder Girl, Speedy, Aqualad, Kid Flash
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/20/15 10:50 AM
The Legion have the advantage in that at least some of these Titans must be legends by the 31st century whereas they'd be an unknown threat to the Teen Titans.

Triad tricks Robin into fighting her one on one before she triplicates and takes him down.

Aqualad's control of sea life is matched by Saturn Girl's, and Imra manages to keep him distracted long enough for Live Wire to take advantage of the greater conductivity of water - Garth zaps Garth.

Cosmic Boy uses Speedy's own weapons to take out both him and Wonder Chick, and Apparition can lure Kid Flash to try and grab her before he runs straight through her and knocks himself out hitting the nearest wall.

Next: Duela Dent vs Comet Queen in a battle of the nuisances!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/20/15 12:36 PM
I wonder what tricks Duela has up her sleeve... She has quite a few, but Comet Queen is too fast for her. CQ for this one.

Next:

Matter-Eater Lad vs. Blue Jay
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/27/15 11:16 AM
Wow, I think Blue Jay just won one! Unless Geoff Johns is writing, in which case Tenzil would just eat him ;p

Assuming normal superhero rules though, Jay may not have a lot going for him aside from being little and fast but I think that would be enough to wear Tenz down sooner or later.

Speaking of little folk...how about Ryan Choi Atom vs Atom Girl from the 3boot Legion?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/27/15 11:57 AM
Atom Girl, who is way more ruthless!

Next:

Doctor Light (Kimiyo) vs. Lazon
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/27/15 02:10 PM
Lazon is dumber than a 5YL Furball. Dr Light would probably stand a pretty good chance of beating him even if she were completely powerless, she'd wipe the floor with him fully powered!

Obsidian vs Shadow Lass!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 01/27/15 02:41 PM
One casts shadows, another can turn into shadows. Tasmia is a good fighter but I think this one goes to Obsidian.

Red Tornado vs. Gear
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/07/15 06:49 PM
Gear gets an extra bid round of applause for cutting short Tornado's self pity.

But as he makes his way out of the arena, he's smashed to pieces by an annoyed Tornado Tyrant.

Red Tornado wins.

Johnny Thunder (without thunderbolt) v Snapper Carr (pre powers) v Flynt Brojj.

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/07/15 11:22 PM
Flynt Brojj, having read history files on the other two, uses 30th century tech to beat them up.

Next:

Black Canary vs. Tyroc
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/08/15 12:21 AM
By the time Tyroc's disco anthem has been played to the crowd, he's being taken in traction from the arena. Shame, he had a nice tirade written by white folks to deliver.

Next Bout:
Tyroc vs Black Lightning in Battle of the Ethnic Stereotyping!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/08/15 02:44 AM
Electricity travels faster than sound, so if this is "sonic manipulation only" Tyroc than he loses.

Actually, even if this is "magical screams do whatever the hell I feel like" Tyroc, I think he could lose if Black Lightning moves faster.

Next:

Mentalla vs. Artemis in a battle of "I really really wanted to join the team but they wouldn't let me"
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/09/15 01:50 AM
After much stamping of huffy feet, Artemis realises that she's being controlled into doing so by Mentalla. The legion applicant moves in for the kill. But she's not really up to it (as the Empress also found out). Seeing that indecision allows the amazon to overcome the mental control. It's a short battle after than. Artemis for the win!

Next:
Giant Robotic Happy Harbour League HQ vs Giant Robotic Baxter Era Legion HQ
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/09/15 05:42 AM
Baxter Era Legion HQ uses all sorts of updated 30th century tech to demolish Happy Harbour League HQ.

Next:

The Legion of Substitute Heroes vs. Justice League Antarctica
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/09/15 07:59 PM
Oh, that's easily the Subs who are a well drilled, effective fighting team rather than a bunch of bickering villains.

Next:

G'Nort vs Universo without a power ring.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/09/15 11:27 PM
Universo can just mind control G'nort. For all his stupidity, G'Nort still has a mind.

Next

Kinetix vs. Fire
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/20/15 06:59 PM
Kintetix uses TK put encircle her opponent and draws it ever smaller, putting Fire's ...um...fire out.

Next:
Atom Smasher vs Atmos
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/21/15 12:06 AM
Cocky Atmos zaps Atom-Smasher. Annoyed, Al grows larger and pounds Atmos into the ground.

Next

Firestorm vs Element Lad
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/26/15 12:56 PM
As powerful as Element Lad is, he doesn't have the versatile powerset that Firestorm has. I don't think he thinks as quickly on his feet as Firestorm either. Nor does he have the smarts of Prof Stein. So, Firestorm for the win.

Next:

Zatanna with magic reduced to affecting the elements vs Harmonia!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 04/26/15 04:39 PM
Harmonia should have a ton of experience, while Zatanna will be reeling from the loss of much of her power and might make a rookie mistake.

But then... Harmonia wasn't smart enough to stop those scientists from getting Titan blown up.

Zatanna.

Next:

Steel (John Henry) vs. Gear
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/15/15 02:38 AM
Gear. Just more versitile.

Next:

Electrified Mace Hawkgirl Vs. Chameleon Boy
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/15/15 02:56 AM
Hawkgirl's a great fighter but Cham is versatile
. Cham.

Next

Chemical King vs Faith
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/15/15 02:22 PM
They're both fairly obscure but Chemical King was never in one of the lamest JLA incarnations so he wins by default, mercifully slowing Faith's metabolism down until she has a nice nap*

L-Ron vs Computo in his cute/creepy baby Validus body

(*not entirely sure this is within Condo's power set but she was really annoying!)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/15/15 05:35 PM
It's definitely in Condo's powerset smile

Computo in Validus body. More advanced.

Next:

Kinetix vs. Poison Ivy
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/16/15 09:52 PM
L-Ron. has more stored experience.

Reddy(JSA era) Vs. Shadow Lass.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 02:14 AM
I think a robot would be able to see through shadows.

If it's Ma Hunkel though, she loses.

Next:

Kinetix vs. Poison Ivy
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 09:01 AM
delayed as Kinetix had to pick out a costume...

She shouldn't have wasted her time. Despite Ivy's plant based skills Kinetix's TK and various magic doo dahs absorbed at that time should be more than enough to secure a victory.

Brainwave vs Projectra
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 11:56 AM
Brainwave should be able to use his powers to detect Jeckie's mind and play havoc with her.

Next:

Lex Luthor vs. RJ Brande
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 12:17 PM
RJ is crafty and he probably owns more planetoids than Lex has cents in the bank, but Lex is definitely more evil/manipulative/driven. I give this one to Lex.

Dr Fate vs the Black Witch!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 12:42 PM
Black Witch is more about the Angst while Doctor Fate is more about the Ankh. Fate's more hands on, needs less prep time and gets the win.

Investigators pick up strange better patterns around the contest though. Almost like Kent Nelson was expected to win. Like it was Kismet or ...ah, never mind...

Next:
Colossal Boy vs Atom Smasher
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 01:04 PM
I'll give this one to the boy from the future, who has a Science Police background and historical knowledge.

Next:

Vibe vs. Nightwind
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 01:12 PM
Vibe starts breakdancing. Thinking he's having a fit, Nightwind goes in to help. Only to be thumped by Vibe's power. Win for Vibe.

Next:
Vixen vs Tiimberwolf
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 02:25 PM
Vixen is more versatile, I give it to her.

Next:

Infectious Lass vs. Ted Kord
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 02:36 PM
I see the two of them getting along nicely. Both have been a little out of their depth. Both have developed nicely to be more relaxed about it. Both have a decent sense of humour.

I don't think Ted puts up much of a fight and Infectious Lass paralyses him to win the contest. Then they meet up for Kono afterwards.

Next: Booster Gold vs Brainiac 5
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 03:19 PM
Brainiac 5 invented some of Booster's gadgets. No contest.

Next

Veilmist vs Crimson Fox
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 04:43 PM
>pop< and there's no more Foxy.

Next:
Veilmist vs Ambush Bug
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 05:16 PM
*pop* and no more Ambush Bug. He tries to come back? *pop* again.

Next:

Black Lightning vs. Lightning Lass
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 05:43 PM
Any ad hoc training done with Bats is nothing compared to the ongoing Legion experience that Ayla has had. Her power is greater too. Ayla for the win.

Next:
Kid Quantum I with belt vs Syl Pemberton with belt.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 05:54 PM
Syl Pemberton, whose belt can do more. All he has to do is evade Kid Q's stasis field.

Next:

Cosmic Boy vs. Dr. Polaris
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 06:02 PM
Cos is the more agile Magno ball player, not to mention all his Legion experience. Polaris is not in that league.

Next:
Legion applicant Jungle King vs Animal Man

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 06:05 PM
Animal Man, who doesn't have to rely on his ability to control other creatures.

Next:

Matter-Eater Lad vs. Big Sir
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/17/15 06:07 PM
I see Tenzil getting his butt kicked here. Worse, Big Sir doesn't even get any of his jokes.

Next:
Maxwell Lord (before mind control) vs Marla Latham!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/18/15 12:58 AM
Pre-mind control Max was wiley but self-absorbed, not much of a match for the disciplined Mr. Latham.

Next:

Sue Dibny vs. Marte Allon
Posted By: razsolo Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/18/15 05:03 AM
Marte uses her presidential privelege to access restricted JLA personnel files and uncovers Sue's secret weakness to flamethrowers and having little people walk on her brain. Imsk owes Earthgov a favour it turns out, seeya Sue!

Next:
Underrated detective Ralph Dibny vs not just a pretty face Dream Girl
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/18/15 05:35 AM
If it were purely detective work I might give it to Nura, but Ralph has powers. Before Nura has foreseen Ralph's next move he wraps her up.

Next:

Shikari vs Zauriel
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/19/15 07:27 PM
Shikari sees the path ahead for Zauriel. Straight back into the Wim Wenders movie that Morrison pathetically ripped him off from.

Zauriel counters with accusations that Shikari would not exist if it were not for Dawnstar preceding her.

Injured, Shikari deals a devastating blow by reminding Zauriel that he was just to be another failed attempt at being Hawkman before editorial said no.

Shikari wins!

Next:
Tomorrow Woman vs Kid Psycho
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/20/15 12:05 AM
Vast telekinesis with no drawback trumps forcefields that leech a year of life every time they are used.

Next:

Wildfire vs. Firestorm
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/20/15 03:34 PM
Firestorm. He has more versitile powers and can convert Drake's blasts to harmless flowers, or his suit to a garden gnome.

Next:

Stargirl vs. Kinetix
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 05/20/15 04:31 PM
Kinetix doesn't have to rely on gadgets. She rips Courtney's belt off and wrests her cosmic rod from her hands.

Next:

Huntress vs. Triad
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/13/15 05:53 PM
Huntress. Triad is great, but Huntress had decades under the tutelage of Batman and is used to multiple opponents.

Next:

Projectra vs. Raven
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 03:08 AM
Giving it to Raven, who can probably see through illusions using her empathic powers.

Next:

Bart Allen vs. XS
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 07:07 AM
Bart had his own title and then a bit of time in the Flash costume. XS switched universes thanks to one writer only to sit doing mosaics by the next. So it would nearly always be a Bart win.

However, Jenni has dressed up as one of the rogue's gallery that beat Bart to death in one of DC's more pathetic, pointless and terribly reasoned episodes (matched by his return). Bart is traumatised, allowing XS to win.

Next:
Sun Boy vs Power Girl
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 07:22 AM
Kara has a lot of experience and a boat-ton of powers. Even if Dirk switches on the red sun radiation, I'm sure she can find a way to beat him.

Next:

Mister Terrific (Terry) vs. Karate Kid (Val)
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 07:43 AM
It depends if Giffen is writing it.

Seeing another possible Nemesis Kid moment, Val changes tactics.

He tells Terry about how tough it is being an outsider on Orando. Having started his career almost killing himself Sloane once again become s the best at everything. Including suicide. A win for Val!

Next:
Martian Manhunter vs Proty
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 07:48 AM
Telepathic shape-changer vs. telepathic shape-changer. J'Onn invites Proty in for a plate of Oreos and milk.

J'Onn wins due to niceness.

Next:

Hawkgirl vs. Shikari
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 08:13 AM
All paths lead to a mace in the face from Bird Non-Legion. A win for Hawkgirl, who summons the fortitude of various incarnations to see her through a bruising encounter.

Next:
Maxwell Lord vs Lester Spiffany (remember Lester's superpower of self absorption wink )

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 08:50 AM
Lester Spiffany uses all his money to hire telepathic bodyguards to beat Maxwell Lord up to a pulp.

Next:

Atmos vs. Firestorm
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 09:20 AM
Ronnie falls in love with Atmos' buff physique and rude approach. As a jock, Ronnie knows all about underarm odour and finally he's met the man with a solution. No armpits!

It looks as though it's going to be an easy win (and date) for Atmos. But Professor Stein's mental power offsets Atmos' will control ability. "I beat up Hector Hammond! he screams as Firestorm phases out of Atmos' blasts and transmutes a vault around his foe.

It's a win for Firestorm and a win for Ronnie and Atmos who have been steadily dating for months after the fight.

Next:
Writer pet favourite Karate Kid vs writer pet favourite Faith
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 09:42 AM
Wow. Firestorm just turned gay! but is he really gay or is this all bisexual Atmos' mind control at work?

Giffen takes the reins and makes Karate Kid die horribly after being ripped apart by Faith. At the last minute, Giffen is pulled off the project but no other writer had enough time to come up with a plausible way for the martial arts expert to beat someone who does not even have to touch him to win. Faith wins.

Next:

Fire vs. Inferno (Sandy Anderson)
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 09:53 AM
"Let's see if you can have the powers of the Green Flame," says Fire as she changes her flame form. Poor Inferno opens her mouth for a hard as nails retort only to ingest the gaseous Fire. Inferno combusts from within, scattering across the arena, giving the victory to Fire.

It's a messy job for the clean up crew but an unexpected B-B-Q treat for the human eating sentients in the crowd.

Next:
Neck breaking Princess Projectra vs neck breaking Wonder Woman
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 10:17 AM
I guess you didn't like Sandy much.

Wondy has been fooled by illusions before. Wasn't Batman's master plan to keep her fighting an illusory battle until her heart gave out? Projectra uses the same tactic to tire Wondy to exhaustion. She does not even have to use her neck breaking power.

Next:

Kole vs Crystal Kid
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 10:51 AM
I guess you didn't like Sandy much.

I don't think I've read too many issues with her. Was that when there wasn;t a Sun Boy around (which makes her a bit of a stand in- even if the circumstances were different) But like the Genie thread like/dislike doesn't cross my mind. smile

Nicely done with Wondy/Jeckie. It wasn't until I posted it, I wondered if it was more balanced that I would have first thought.

Kole seems a little insecure at being in front of a big crowd. Crystal Kid loses no time at all in hitting on her. 20 minutes later Kole is selling Crystal Kid Chip mementoes outside the arena. A win for Kole (whose non crystal powered flight helps a bit here)

Next:
Bruce Wayne vs Lyle Norg

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 11:01 AM
She was created in the Postboot before Dirk Morgna was reintroduced, so she could be considered a stand-in smile

Thanks re Wondy and Jeckie.

Hmmm I would still give it to Batman, who is probably a better fighter and must have some sort of gadget against invisible foes.

Next:

Aztek vs Monica Sade
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 11:26 AM
Aztek is an interesting character. Designed by the numbers just the way Conway would have done it. But with some decent left field backstory and a future that may have already been decided.

With Morrison also writing JLA, there was every chance that the character would become a writer's pet. But it went the other way. Aztek did very little. Conway's Firestorm was similar. I never felt the character overwhelmed the stories and COnway dropped him from the league too.

Sade, on the other hand, was closer to writer's pet material. Cold blooded killer who doesn't kill Bounty. A teleporting assassin who gets lots of good lines (making a very long story even longer). It was a nice fight though, and Sade vanished in the multitude of cast members, so it didn't come to anything.

All of which is me wittering away...

I call this one a draw. Sade is clearly winning, but Aztek gets a phone call from Lex Luthor half way through and blows them both up, and the front two rows of the arena crowd.

Next:
Converted Amazo (form Rock of Ages) vs Composite Superman (well, has Legion powers)

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 11:41 AM
Ah, collateral damage...

Legion powers > JLA powers, methinks, especially if we expand to include every Legionnaire ever. Composite Supes.

Next:

Etrigan vs. Dragonmage
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 12:52 PM
Well, this is an easy win for the demon form hell. The other guy's just a raw kid...

..but uh-oh! Etrigan's just used the word "orange" at the end of a line. This is going to be a ...oh, he can't find a rhyme...

Dragonmage's Puberty Blast kicks in, unexpectedly teleporting The Demon into a dualist worldview of an afterlife.

Victory for Dragonmage!

Next:
Vixen vs Chameleon Boy
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/14/15 02:00 PM
Does Vixen need to actually touch her totem thingie to access her powers? If so I can see a way for Cham to restrain her...

The hard part for Vixen is Cham is a shapeshifter and blunt force attacks won't really hurt him.

I'll just give this to Vixen who channels an electric eel and shocks Cham into submission or something.

Next:

Blue Devil and Zauriel vs Wildfire and Dawnstar
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/17/15 04:58 AM
Wildfire'n Dawny. They just outclass BD, though BD's more pure "fun".

Next:

Bouncing Boy vs. Elongated Man!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/17/15 05:09 AM
I'm not sure how they could hurt each other. I think Ralph could restrain Chuck though, while Chuck could not do much back. Of course, Chuck could still knock Ralph out...

Chuck for me, maybe he uses his flight ring to levitate Ralph

Next:

Blok vs. Tasmanian Devil
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/19/15 09:30 PM
Awwwww. lokkit the fuzzy bear all growly and clawy! Aaawww

>Thunk<

ummm... growly bear's a little flat now....

Win for Blok!

Jade vs Brainiac 5
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/19/15 10:06 PM
Jade: hey, I was powerful enough to be part of the task force facing the Anti-Monitor...

Next:

Lamprey vs Black Lightning
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/19/15 10:32 PM
The arena floor opens into a large pool. Lamprey drowns Lightning.

Next:
Persuader v Weapons Master
Empress v Circe
Mano v The Key
Validus v Bizarro
Tharok v Robot Brainiac

with the winners then fighting it out.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 06/19/15 10:54 PM
Ok then...

Weapons Master
Circe
Key
Validus
Robot Brainiac

Wow Fatal Five did t do too well.

Giving it to Circe who whips us some mad magic.

Next:

Red Arrow vs. Dartalon
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 07/06/15 10:32 PM
I've not forgotten about the thread. I'm just saving myself for Emily's tournament. smile

Dartalon wins because Roy's shooting up/ leching or interfering with a dead cat.

Next:
Cyborg vs Tharok
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 07/07/15 05:44 AM
Tharok's smarter but he's evil and we know bad guys don't beat good guys. (yes I'm lazy now).

Next:

Lobo vs. Validus
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 07/07/15 07:25 AM
Oh noes! every drop of Lobo's blood creates another Lobo! That means it just takes the tireless Validus much longer to keep squishing them until the power is exhausted. Validus wins, but everyone has long since gone home.

Next:
Sun Boy vs Maxima
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 07/07/15 08:06 AM
Maxima is telepathic and telekinetic and super strong. Plus, she's totally hot. Sun Boy melts easily.

Next:

The Ray (Ray) vs. Lazon
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 07/08/15 11:19 AM
Writer's Pet Ray (turned into something super powerful in a few issues of JLA) is much more capable than Lazon. Ray can fire blasts and shrink and do all sorts of other things Lazon can't. Ray Ray for the win.

Dawnstar vs (the oh so sensitively titled DC) Scalphunter (guest star from an old JLA issue)

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 07/08/15 12:34 PM
Dawnstar can fly and is way faster than Scalphunter. Dawnstar.

Next:

Hawkman and Hawkgirl vs. Timber Wolf and Light Lass
Posted By: thoth lad Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 07/08/15 03:34 PM
I can't see the Hawks being able to take down Timby-Pooch even without having to constantly adjust their Nth metal against Ayla's powers. With the Legion flight rings, this one is a win from Brin and Ayla.

Next:
Nightwing vs Timberwolf
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 07/08/15 11:14 PM
Nightwing may be acrobatic and a good detective but Timber Wolf is just pure raw fury. Brin.

Next:

Invisible Kid (Lyle) and Chemical King vs. Obsidian and Atom-Smasher
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 08/12/15 12:15 PM
Chemical King would have Atom-Smasher writhing in agony by churning his chemicals up in his stomach.
Obsidian would sideswipe this attack and attempt to wrap Chem up in his shadowy embrace.
Lyle - invisible and without a shadow - reaches a solution with his super brain, yelling to Chem to activate a light-based chemical reaction.
And pow! Chemical King and Invisible Kid FTW!

Next:
Polar Boy and Sun Boy vs. Fire and Ice
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 08/12/15 12:36 PM
Fire is basically living plasma and Ice has become more powerful lately. I'll give it to the girls.

Next:

Gypsy vs. Invisible Kid (Jacques)
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/12/15 06:40 PM
Gypsy, more versitile.

Next:

Light Lass and Star Boy Vs. Bulletman and Bulletgirl (guest stars in the JLA)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/13/15 12:05 AM
I'm thinking Light Lass removes their helmets and Star Boy makes them fall to the ground.

Next:

Judomaster (Sonia Sato) vs. Karate Kid
Posted By: Future Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/17/15 01:44 PM
Karate Kid due to that (does he or doesn't he?) ability of detecting weak points.

Next:
Alan Scott vs Rond Vidar
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 09/17/15 02:46 PM
Rond for future tech knowledge and surviving the Time Trapper.

Next

XS vs. Bart Allen
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 10/03/15 11:15 PM
Bart. Jenni seems bound by a bit of a lack of imagination, and Bart, the real Bart, is just bug crazy don't care and will do anything that pops into his mind non sequitar unpredictable.

Miss his book.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 10/03/15 11:16 PM
Gah. Forgot the next matchup.

Extra Powers Starboy Vs. Alan and Carter!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 10/03/15 11:21 PM
I miss Bart's book too. I loved the little thought balloons where he thinks of the craziest ideas.

Hm! If it were just Carter I would totally give it to Thom. But with Alan here too?

I think the combined experience and powers of Alan and Carter would be a bit too much for the inexperienced Thom.

Next:

Brainiac 5 vs. Lex Luthor
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 12/16/15 10:27 AM
Hmmm. That's actually a tough one. Instinct says B5, but while he's got the advantage of tech and pure intellect and genius, luther has genius as well as guile, and a twisted sense of logic that can make leaps ahead.

Gonna go Luther.

Next:

Bouncing Boy vs. Hawkman
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 12/16/15 09:21 PM
Chuck is kind of invulnerable but I think Hawkman has more tricks up his sleeve and can dodge and immobilize Chuck

Next

Lamprey vs Mera
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 12/24/15 05:56 PM
Mera. She's tough, fierce, and damn sexy for an otherdimension warrior queen.

Next:

Comet Queen vs. Plastic Man
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion - 12/24/15 06:27 PM
(Yes, she is! and i love the red hair!)

I can just imagine Plas turning into a fan to blow away Comet Queen's gases. Then he latches onto her foot and envelopes her. Plas wins.

Next:

Celeste Rockfish (with GL powers) vs. Faith
© Legion World