Legion World
Let's try a more traditional game, shall we? Same basic concept of Wheel of Fortune and Hangman but without the fabulous prizes of the former or the grisly consequences of the latter!

Players may guess 1 letter per round. A round is comprised of periods between puzzle updates by whomever created it showing letters filled in and running a list of incorrect guessed letters. Anyone who has successfully guessed a letter may try to solve the puzzle when their letter is confirmed if they think they know it. Newcomers or incorrect guessers must wait 'til the next round when they have guessed a correct letter if they want to solve. Incorrect puzzle solvers will not be punished but can't guess again until they have another letter guess confirmed. Puzzle solver gets to create the next puzzle. He or she must list a category as a clue. The category can be as general or specific as the creator wishes.

In the event that 2 participants guess the same letter or the same solution in a round, the first of them to post gets the credit.

In some ways this sounds complicated, so there may be some growing pains, but I will try to make the rules clear throughout the process.

As game originator, I get the first puzzle!

The first category is one of my favorites from WoF in which two different things are combined to form a new thing as the end of one coincides with the beginning of another. An example would be "BACK TO THE FUTURE IMPERFECT". See what I mean?

Category: Before and After

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _
I'm game for something new.

A?
S
E
T

_ _ _ E

_ _ T _

T _ E

_ _ _ _

_ E _ E A T _

_ _

_ _ _ _ S

Kappa, EDE, Ibby and Blacula are all eligible to attempt to solve the puzzle now if they think they know it. (Good luck with that! tongue ) No newcomers may solve but are welcome to guess a letter to be eligible to solve next round!
N

An aside: Shortly after my mom passed away my father started watching Wheel of Fortune with me. After the wheel was spun, I would say "I'd like an S" and immediately the contestant would say "Pat, I'd like an S." After a few letters were up, I'd say "She's going to buy a vowel. An E." and the contestant would say "Pat, I'd like to buy an E." Dad was amazed and wondered how I knew what they were going to say. After a while he caught on that these were the most common letters and everyone goes to them. Dad liked it when all three contestants won some money.
H
B
C
Ack! This is frustrating! I'm confident I know all of the words except for one that is totally stumping me. :-/

R

P.S. Rule question: If someone guesses a letter in the first round (for example), but then doesn't guess a letter in the second round (for example), are they still eligible to guess the answer at any point after the first round?

Originally Posted by Blacula

P.S. Rule question: If someone guesses a letter in the first round (for example), but then doesn't guess a letter in the second round (for example), are they still eligible to guess the answer at any point after the first round?

Nope, you've gotta have a correct letter guess in the round that leads up to the latest reveal.
Now that I'm reading it again, I think I know the answer! But I already guessed a letter... so I'd better wait until the next round...

Originally Posted by Quislet, Esq

An aside: Shortly after my mom passed away my father started watching Wheel of Fortune with me. After the wheel was spun, I would say "I'd like an S" and immediately the contestant would say "Pat, I'd like an S." After a few letters were up, I'd say "She's going to buy a vowel. An E." and the contestant would say "Pat, I'd like to buy an E." Dad was amazed and wondered how I knew what they were going to say. After a while he caught on that these were the most common letters and everyone goes to them. Dad liked it when all three contestants won some money.

Thanks for sharing these wonderful anecdotes, Quis!
Originally Posted by Paladin

Nope, you've gotta have a correct letter guess in the round that leads up to the latest reveal.

Thanks for the clarification. I better not miss a round!
That could get to be a problem if rounds end up varying in length.

_ _ N E

_ _ T H

T H E

_ _ N _

B E N E A T H

_ _

_ _ N _ S

Incorrect Letters: C, R

EDE, Ibby and Quis are all eligible to attempt to solve the puzzle now if they think they know it. Kappa, Blacula and any newcomers may not solve but are welcome to guess a letter to be eligible to solve next round if the puzzle is still going!
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, it could be. If someone solves and gets to do the next puzzle, they should commit to look in at least once or twice a day so that: a) we aren't left hanging (natch! wink ), and b) we don't have so many letter guesses that the puzzle is practically solved in the next round because so many have been filled in.

It's a work in progress, so I'll welcome kibitzing on the rules and process. I'm wondering if maybe we should have a special vowel rule for example to mimic WoF's "buy a vowel" thing. Like maybe one vowel guess per round? hmmm
I'd like to solve it please, Pal.

Whoops. I just deleted my guess at the answer because I notice Pal has excluded me from guessing this round.

I assume that's a mistake though because I did guess a letter in the first round?
P.S. I like the idea of limiting the vowels. It's a bit too easy with them in IMO.
Blacula, you were excluded because you guessed an incorrect letter, "R", before the latest reveal. If it was unclear, only posters correctly guessing letters leading to the next reveal are eligible to solve. Sorry, buddy. frown
Ack. My bad. I reread the first post and the rule is clearly stated there.

I shouldn't have tried to be tricky with a letter that I knew had a low percentage of being correct. I knew the last 5 words of the answer after the first round but got muddled up by thinking the 2nd word was something else. Slapping myself now that I see how obvious it is. Haha

Yeah, it could be. If someone solves and gets to do the next puzzle, they should commit to look in at least once or twice a day so that: a) we aren't left hanging (natch! wink ), and b) we don't have so many letter guesses that the puzzle is practically solved in the next round because so many have been filled in.

I was thinking of it the other way where if the puzzler updates several times a day but certain guessers are only on once a day, they could end up becoming ineligible because they miss rounds. So you need enough time to allow everyone a chance to guess, but not too long that the number of letters filled in defeats the purpose of the game.
I wonder if maybe I should handle vowels like so:

1st round: No vowels

2nd round and onward: Participant who guesses the consonant that appears the most times in the subsequent reveal, may guess a vowel in the next round if he/she chooses. If there's a tie in this regard, no one gets to guess a vowel next round.

What do you guys think?

I was thinking of it the other way where if the puzzler updates several times a day but certain guessers are only on once a day, they could end up becoming ineligible because they miss rounds. So you need enough time to allow everyone a chance to guess, but not too long that the number of letters filled in defeats the purpose of the game.

I see what you mean. But it's hard to ensure that everyone gets a guess in in any case. I updated this morning and after I got home from work, and it seemed pretty much everyone who'd participated to that point (plus Quis) got their play in. shrug
I'm curious, though, Edie....does this mean you aren't ready to solve? hmmm
Here is my guess:

G O N E

W I T H

T H E

W I N D

B E N E A T H

M Y

W I N G S

I think once a day is reasonable for games like this. Even with the recent Idol/Survivor games, the vast majority of players were able to vote within the first 24 hours after a new round started.
I wonder if maybe I should handle vowels like so:

2nd round and onward: Participant who guesses the consonant that appears the most times in the subsequent reveal, may guess a vowel in the next round if he/she chooses. If there's a tie in this regard, no one gets to guess a vowel next round.

What do you guys think?

I like the Round 1 rule for "no vowels". Helps level the playing field.

I think the Round 2 rule is interesting, but it is a bit hard to check. Maybe instead, we can limit vowels to... Round 3/4 onwards? Or apply some other cost for guessing vowels.
That's correct, Ibby!

You have the next puzzle, and I think we'll try out the vowel idea I had above....

...and see how it goes!

Ibby, if you have any questions with how to proceed, feel free to ask! nod
Thanks Lardy!! This is a totally great idea for a game smile be back in a bit with a new one. Thanks for coming up with this
Okay, let's take a stab at it!

And let's test out the new rules Lardy introduced. I'm going to have to be careful with the second rule tongue

Category: Travel Destinations (each "line" represents one word)

_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
INTERJECTION

Are Blacula and I allowed in the game again or do we have to wait for the next round? I'm still a bit confused on the rules. blush
Because this is a new puzzle, I think you and Blacula and anyone can guess a consonant.
N
(now I have to resist the urge to respond to guesses as they come in! I think once a day is reasonable?)
IB: Do the 6 lines represent 6 different destinations? Or is it one destination like "The Leaning Tower of Pisa" or something? I've never seen this category on WoF before but then, I haven't watched the show in 20 years.

T
R?
S
Originally Posted by Kappa Kid
INTERJECTION

Are Blacula and I allowed in the game again or do we have to wait for the next round? I'm still a bit confused on the rules. blush
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Because this is a new puzzle, I think you and Blacula and anyone can guess a consonant.

Yeah, new puzzle is a total restart. But to clarify, you and Blacula were only disallowed to solve the puzzle until the next time you had a correct letter guess. It so happened that Ibby solved it and made subsequent letter reveals and guesses unnecessary.

I've never seen this category on WoF before but then, I haven't watched the show in 20 years.

This game isn't exactly Wheel of Fortune, so the categories don't have to be the same as ones they use. It's up to the puzzle creator as to how much information he or she wants to give in the category title.
IB: Do the 6 lines represent 6 different destinations? Or is it one destination like "The Leaning Tower of Pisa" or something? I've never seen this category on WoF before but then, I haven't watched the show in 20 years.

T

This is one destination that has six words in total.
Round 1 done:

T _ _ N
_ _ _ _ _
_ _
N _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ N
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ N _ S

Incorrect letters: R

Tally:

N (EDE) - 4
T (Blacula) - 1
R (Kappa) - 0
S (Lardy) - 1

If I understand the rules correctly, then next round:

EDE may guess a vowel OR solve the puzzle.
Blacula and Lardy may solve the puzzle.
Everyone (including Kappa) may guess a consonant.
E
H?
M
L
C
Round 2 results:

T _ _ N
_ E _ C H
E L
N _ _ _
_ _ L _ _ _ N
_ H _ L _ _ _ _ N E S

Incorrect letters: R, M

Tally:

EDE (E) - 3
Kappa (H) - 2
Quis (M) - 0
Blacula (L) - 3
Lardy (C) - 1

If I understand correctly (but Lardy or anyone pls. correct me if I'm wrong):

Then:

Blacula may guess a vowel OR solve the puzzle
EDE guessed a vowel last round, so may not guess a vowel this round, but may try to solve the puzzle or guess another consonant
Kappa and Lardy may try to solve the puzzle or guess another consonant
Quis and any new players may guess a consonant
B?
I feel ignorant that I have no idea what this place is even with all those letters.

My English language bias is showing too because I keep wanting to fill in the blanks to make an English word in what can't be an English language destination.

So I'll just throw out a vowel:

A
P
It sure looks like it's in Spanish or something. It's not in the rules, but in the future, we should stick to English.

Anyhow...

D?
Well, I take it that at least part of the name of the location is in Spanish, but so is "Los Angeles".
Yeah, I thought of that after I posted. Sorry.
Maybe we can agree how to proceed with proper nouns, in the future. I don't watch Wheel of Fortune, so I don't know how proper nouns (place names, people names...) are treated on the show.

I have played Hangman games before where the accepted international names are used (I always got hanged at Ljubljana) tongue
I don't want to speak for Paladin but I imagine whether or not the English name for something is used will be determined on a case-by-case, common sense basis.

So, using my example from earlier, the English 'Leaning Tower of Pisa' would probably be acceptable, whereas the Italian 'Torre pendente di Pisa' probably wouldn't be.

Conversely, I imagine the Persian 'Taj Mahal' would be acceptable, whereas the English 'Crown of Palaces' probably wouldn't be.

Mainly because both of the former names are obviously the more internationally recognised versions.
I think Blacula stated this well. I vote we adopt this.
I think "internationally recognised" is also the key term though.

We're obviously posters from all over the world so I don't think it will be really fair if we pick answers that aren't very well known beyond our own locales.

Which I mention because I think I'm going to be surprised if I have ever heard of this 'Destination' IB. wink Or at least (if my suspicion about one of the incomplete words is correct), have seen so many words used to name it.
Well, it's about time to end the round anyway, so I think I can say this smile

The destination contains six words. Four of the words refer to the destination's given, actual name. It should be as acceptable, as, say, "Hiroshima" (a prefecture in Japan), or "Zhejiang" (a province in China), or "Alaska" (a state in the USA), or "Champagne-Ardenne" (administrative region of France), or "Queensland" (a state in Australia), or "Bremen" (a city-state in Germany). As far as I know, this place does not have any readily-translatable name that is commonly used (comparable to your example of the Taj Mahal).

As for how well this place is known, well, I'm not quite sure about that. But based on the vowels in the name, I don't think it will be that hard to guess.

The remaining two words, while a proper name, are also common everyday English words. So, they should not pose a major problem to players.
Round 3 done:

Round 2 results:

T _ _ N
B E A C H
E L
N _ D _
P A L A _ A N
P H _ L _ P P _ N E S

Incorrect letters: R, M

Tally:

Kappa (B) - 1
Blacula (A) - 4
EDE (P) - 4
Lardy (D) - 1

EDE may guess a vowel OR solve the puzzle.
Kappa, Blacula and Lardy may solve the puzzle or guess a consonant.
I
Z
G
F?
Round 4 done:

T _ I N
B E A C H
E L
N I D _
P A L A _ A N
P H I L I P P I N E S

Incorrect letters: R, M, Z, G, F

Tally:

EDE (I) - 5
Quis (Z) - 0
Lardy (G) - 0
Kappa (F) - 0

Hm, I'm almost beginning to think this IS too hard, but then, there are only 3 blanks left and EDE's guess of I should illuminate things quite a bit.

So EDE may guess a consonant or solve the puzzle;
everyone else may guess a consonant.
W
I'll take a guess:

TWIN
BEACH
EL
NIDO
PALAWAN
PHILLIPINES
No need to prolong, as EDE has it correct! EDE gets the next puzzle.

Now that we are done, was this puzzle too difficult? I was not worried about "Twin Beach" because they are common English words. As for El Nido, Palawan, that is really the official name of the municipality and province. Guessing the letters in Philippines would also fill in a lot of letters in those words.

Was the place too obscure? A lot of foreigners I know already know this place, so I was thinking it would not be too hard. But that may not be the best gauge...
I can only speak for myself but in my opinion yes, that destination was extremely obscure.

I can't imagine anyone outside Philippines residents, or tourists who have been there, being able to name a single beach in that country.

I also think including the municipality and province of the location added a degree of unnecessary confusion.

It's a bit like putting...

THE STATUE OF LIBERTY
LIBERTY ISLAND
NEW YORK CITY
NEW YORK
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

... when obviously only the first line would and should have been necessary.
Fair enough. Thanks, Blacula. I appreciate the feedback; I will keep that in mind next time I solve a puzzle.
Yeah, I thought it was a bit obscure, but those things can be hard to judge cross-culturally, so no big deal.
Thanks, EDE.
My first letter guess of EDE's puzzle will be S
My category is FOOD AND DRINK:

_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Anyone can guess a consonant.
T
P
H
L
ROUND ONE IS COMPLETE!

_ _ L _
_ _ _ S _ _
S _ L _ _
_ _ T H
_ H _ _ _ _ _

Incorrect Guesses: P

Score:
Quislet, S, 2
Kappa Kid, T, 1
Blacula, P, 0
Paladin, H, 2
Invisible Brainiac, L, 2

So, since there's a (three-way!) tie, nobody can guess a vowel.

Quislet, Kappa Kid, Paladin, and Ibby can all solve.

Anybody can guess a consonant.
I'll attempt to solve, Pat:

KALE
CAESAR
SALAD
WITH
CHICKEN

?
That is correct!

Over to you Paladin!
WOW! When I figured out "SALAD" and "WITH", it got the wheels turning. That said, I was a heartbeat from guessing "C" instead of solving before it suddenly clicked!
Here we go....

Category: EVENT

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

Consonant guesses only, this round.
R
T
H
Wow Lardy, that was fast!

Anyway, I will guess "S".
N
End of Round 1!

Category: EVENT

_ H _ _ _ _ _ N S H _ _

_ _ T _ H

Score:
Quislet, N, 1
Kappa Kid, T, 1
Blacula, H, 3
EDE, R, 0
Invisible Brainiac, S, 1

Blacula, Kappa, Ibby and Quis are all eligible to solve now, if they wish.

Blacula had the most letters appear, so he may guess a vowel if he wants. All others may guess a consonant.
C
Championship Fight
Championship Fight

Nope. That's your one guess for this round, Quis.
P
Chamionship Match?
Chamionship Match?

Kappa, that's technically not correct. Look at it again, and you'll see what I mean. If you want to edit that before anyone else guesses, I'll award you the puzzle.
While we're waiting for Kappa, I was wondering if you could give some examples of WoF categories that I might not have heard of, such as 'Before and After' (in case I get one right one day).

I can only remember the obvious WoF/Hangman categories like Places, Famous People, Titles, etc.
Here is a list of WoF categories.
Thanks EDE. Some categories I never would have thought of in there.
hmmm I'm completely bamboozled! confused
hmmm I'm completely bamboozled! confused

Spelling, Kappa. Look again.
I'll lend him the "P" from my guess, if he wants it.
I think I'll just cut my losses for the round and wait till more letters are revealed.
Kappa, I'm awarding you the puzzle. All you were missing was the first "P" in "Championship". Post a new puzzle when you are ready.
Doh! Well now I feel stupid! laugh This whole time I was thinking of something that rhymed with "match", but nothing seemed right. tongue
It's okay, buddy. I didn't want to fail you on a technicality.

Incidentally, this puzzle was apparently solved by a WoF contestant with only the "T" showing......
TOPIC: Before and After

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

__ __ __ __ __ __

__ __

__ __ __

__ __ __ __
R for Roger.
S
T
__ __ R __ __ __ __ __ __

__ __ __ __ __ T

__ __

T __ __

__ __ __ S

Lardy (T) - 2
Ibby, Blacula (S,R) - 1

Lardy can guess a vowel if he wants.
Ibby and Blacula can guess a constant or try and solve.
N
E
H for Harry.
__ __ R __ __ __ __ E N

__ __ __ N E T

__ __

T H E

__ __ E S

Ibby (N) - 2
Lardy (E) - 4
Blacula (H) - 1

Lardy can guess a vowel if he wants.
FORBIDDEN PLANET OF THE APES?
That's the ticket, Lardy! Over to you! smile
While we're waiting for Kappa, I was wondering if you could give some examples of WoF categories that I might not have heard of, such as 'Before and After' (in case I get one right one day).

I can only remember the obvious WoF/Hangman categories like Places, Famous People, Titles, etc.

To clarify the matter of categories, we do NOT have to adhere to WoF's standards for them. The matter is addressed in the rules in this manner:

[The puzzle creator] must list a category as a clue. The category can be as general or specific as the creator wishes.
Category: Myths/Legends

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ ,

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
T
N
S for Sam.
Round One is complete.

_ _ _ _ _ _ T ,

T _ _

_ _ _ S _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ N _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kappa-T(2)
Ibby-N(1)
Blacula-S(1)

These 3 may solve, if they know it. Kappa may guess a vowel if he wishes. Anyone else may guess a consonant.
E
H
M
Round 2 is complete.

_ _ _ _ _ _ T ,

T H E

_ E _ S E _

_ E _ _ _

_ N _

_ H _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kappa-E(2)
Ibby-H(1)
Quis-M(0)

Kappa or Ibby may solve if they wish. (Good luck with that! grin ) Kappa may guess another vowel if he chooses. Anyone else may guess a consonant.

Incidentally, anyone who has missed rounds (like EDE or Blacula) may still guess letters, just as Quis just did. I just wanted to keep things moving.
O?
F
D
I'm about to leave town, so don't expect updates until Sunday night. I don't have time to even do it right now! Sorry, got to go visit with mom....
L for Larry.
C
Round 3 is complete.

_ _ _ F O O T ,

T H E

_ E _ S E _

D E _ _ L

_ N D

C H _ _ _ C _ _ _ _

Kappa-O(2)
Ibby-D(2)
Quis-L(1)
Cali-C(2)

Incorrect letter guessed in previous rounds: M

We have a 3-way tie for the most consonants, so no one may guess a vowel next round. However, the above 4 are all eligible to either solve the puzzle if they think they know it or guess a consonant if they don't.

I'd imagine that everyone should know the first line, now. There may very well be enough revealed to guess the third and fourth lines if one is familiar with the subject matter. Line six is the most obscure, so that one could be interesting.....

BIGFOOT,
THE
JERSEY
DEVIL
AND
CHUPACABRA

?
BIGFOOT,
THE
JERSEY
DEVIL
AND
CHUPACABRA

?

Good show, Kappa! Yer up!!!
Awesome! All those weekends spent watching "Monster Quest" finally paid off! laugh

TOPIC: Movie Quotes

"__ __ __ __ __
__ __ __
__ __
__ __ __ __
__ __ __ !"

S
L for Larry.
T

Hope you had a good visit, Lardy!

"T __ __ __ __
__ __ __
__ __
__ __ L __
__ __ __ !"

Ibby(T) - 1
Blacula(L) - 1
Lardy(S) - 0

Since there's a tie, nobody can guess a vowel this round. Lardy can guess a consonant again.
N?
R
H

"T H __ R __
__ __ N
__ __
__ N L __
__ N __ !"

Ibby (N) - 3
Quis (R) - 1
Lardy (H) - 1

Ibby can guess a vowel if he wishes.
I will try to solve:

There
can
Be
Only
One!
You got it, Ibby! smile

Bonus points if you say what movie it's from! wink

The quote is familiar but I can't quite remember! I know I watched it!
Was it Highlander?
Yep! grin

Since Ibby got the puzzle though, he's making the next one.
tongue
Oh Highlander! I knew it but it was on the tip of my tongue smile nice one guys.

Am using my phone now. Will post a puzzle when I get to a laptop
Category: Video Gaming

_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
C
Are we allowed to guess on the first round?
Are we allowed to guess on the first round?

Hm. Okay, I'll allow it. However, if you're wrong, you can't guess a letter 'til the next round. That means you couldn't solve again until after the second round, assuming you'd guessed a correct letter.
Sounds fair enough. smile

My guess: Final Fantasy?
Drat! I thought this was be a liiiiittle bit harder than that smile Kappa must be a big Final Fantasy fan! (it does not hurt that Final Fantasy is one of the most famous video game series ever)
Would you believe that I've never played any of the games before? laugh

TOPIC: Movies

__ __
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
__ __
__ __ __ __ __ __
Guessing T as in tango.

Would you believe that I've never played any of the games before? laugh

That just makes it more amazing!

I only played FFX, and started FF8 but never finished. I do wish I had played FF6, 7 and 9 as well.
P as in Papa.
R
S for Sam.

__ __
__ __ __ R __ __ __ __
__ __ R __ __ __ __ __
__ __
__ __ __ __ __ __

Ibby (T) - 0
Cali (P) -0
Lardy (R) - 2
Blacula (S) - 0

Lardy can guess a vowel.
N
O

Blacula (E) - 0

BTW, Blacula guessed "S". I'm assuming this was just a typo, or did you count his guess as an "E"?
M for Mary.

Blacula (E) - 0

BTW, Blacula guessed "S". I'm assuming this was just a typo, or did you count his guess as an "E"?

Thanks for catching that, Lardy! I counted his guess as S, but accidentally typed up E when tallying the results for the round. smile
L

__ N
__ M __ R __ __ __ N
__ __ R __ __ O L __
__ N
L O N __ O N

Quis (N) - 5
Lardy (O) - 3
Blacula (M) - 1
Ibby (L) - 2

Quis can guess a vowel.
AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON
You got it, Lardy! smile
I guess a T for Paladin's puzzle.

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
M?
S

Wow we are fast!

T _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ T

T _ _ _

_ T

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Quis-T(4)
Kappa-M(0)
Ibby-S(0)

Quis alone is eligible to solve or may guess a vowel if he chooses. All others may guess a consonant.
R?
H for Harry.
Wow, rough!

F?
C for Charlie
N

T H _

_ _ _ _ R _ _

_ _ F T

T _ R N

_ T

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ R _ _ _

Kappa-R(3)
Blacula-H(1)
Ibby-F(1)
Cali-C(0)
Quis-N(1)

Kappa is eligible to solve or may guess a vowel if he chooses. Blacula, Ibby and Quis may solve or guess a consonant. No one else may solve but can guess a consonant.

I'm wondering if Quis forgot he could choose a vowel last time or if he chose not to. hmmm
A?
I chose not to.

Hmm do I pick a letter I know is there or go for an uncertain one?

P
Hmm... I know some of the words, but can't figure out the others.

L?
D is for Delta

Also, can I suggest that the person list all the letters that have been previously guessed too? It would be helpful.
D'Oh! I usually do that but forgot on the next update. blush
Will someone get it this time? We'll find out soon.....

T H _

L _ _ _ R _ L

L _ F T

T _ R N

A T

A L _ _ _ _ _ R _ _ _

Kappa-A(2)
Ibby-L(4)
Quis-P(0)
Cali-D(0)

Incorrect letters guessed for this puzzle to date: M, S, C, P, D

Ibby may solve or guess a vowel or consonant. Kappa may solve or guess a consonant. No one else is eligible to solve but may guess a consonant.
P.S. I'll have to insist on correct spelling this time for someone to be awarded the puzzle! nod
Guessing...

The Literal Left Turn At Albuquerque
Guessing...

Sorry, Ibby. That's not it. That's your one chance to solve this round. If Kappa either doesn't guess or guesses incorrectly, you may choose a consonant or vowel for next round. Kappa is the only other person who is eligible to solve at this time.
Damn cuz I know it!

B for Bravo
Guessing...

Sorry, Ibby. That's not it. That's your one chance to solve this round. If Kappa either doesn't guess or guesses incorrectly, you may choose a consonant or vowel for next round. Kappa is the only other person who is eligible to solve at this time.

Oh well. Thanks Lardy, at least I can guess a letter (and possibly a vowel!) next round smile
This is a tricky one hmmm

The Liberal Left Turn at Albuquerque? .

THAT is the right answer!

Ibby, you were SO close! But you missed the fact that T had already been guessed, so there could be no more among the unrevealed letters.

So we have the political term "the liberal left" (just as the opposite is "the conservative right") combined with part of the classic Bugs Bunny line in which he laments not taking that "left turn at Albuquerque"!

New puzzle, Kappa! nod
I was gonna guess that! *stamps foot*
Originally Posted by Caliente
I was gonna guess that! *stamps foot*

To guess, you gotta get some letters right, Cali! grin
I know, I know. tongue Stupid rules.
Heehee! I know you're joking Cali, but I do think this is one of the best games ever. Kudos to Lardy for thinking it up!

THAT is the right answer!

Ibby, you were SO close! But you missed the fact that T had already been guessed, so there could be no more among the unrevealed letters.

So we have the political term "the liberal left" (just as the opposite is "the conservative right") combined with part of the classic Bugs Bunny line in which he laments not taking that "left turn at Albuquerque"!

New puzzle, Kappa! nod

Drat! I remember checking other letters but not T! Serves me right for posting during a client meeting tongue
Heehee! I know you're joking Cali, but I do think this is one of the best games ever. Kudos to Lardy for thinking it up!

Awwwwww.... blush

But seriously, I was afraid this would be really hard to execute correctly. I'm pleased to say that hasn't really been the case! smile

Drat! I remember checking other letters but not T! Serves me right for posting during a client meeting tongue

lol
Yeah! And we've all been open to changing the rules if needed.

In my defense, it was a very boring client meeting tongue
I feel like I keep missing rounds because of the time difference so I'm getting in a preemptive

T for Tony

now.
Pat, I'd like an S (for Kappa's puzzle)
Paladin, I think we should hire Pov as our letter turner
Pov? That would be very distracting.
Topic: Before and After

__ __ __ __ __ __
__ __
__
__ __ __ __
__ __ __ __ __
N
Even though Quis and Blacula already made guesses, I'm going to wait a few hours to update so Lardy, Ibby, Cali, and anyone else can join in. smile
T
T

Blacula picked T already
Ah thanks Quis. L then.

S __ S T __ __
__ __
__
__ __ __ N
__ N __ __ __

Blacula (T) - 1
Quis (S) - 2
EDE (N) - 2
Ibby (L) - 0

Incorrect Letters: L

Since there's a tie, nobody can guess a vowel. Ibby can guess a consonant only.
I'll guess:

SYSTEM
OF
A
DOWN
UNDER
Wow, that was fast! You got it, EDE! smile
Pat, I'd like a T (for EDE's puzzle)
Dang! Missed a puzzle featuring one of my all-time fave bands! mad
Jeepers, what will EDE do for his puzzle? I want to pick C for Charlie for the first round of his. grin
Dang! Missed a puzzle featuring one of my all-time fave bands! mad

I was a huge fan during junior high. I still have a poster of theirs on my bedroom wall! nod
Wow that was fast!
I'll preemptively pick an R for Roger please.
The category is COMIC BOOKS

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _
F?
S?
L?
COMIC BOOKS

_ _ _ S _ _ R
S _ C _ _ _ _
_ F
_ _ _ L

Score:
Caliente, C, 1
Blacula, R, 1
Ibby, F, 1
Kappa Kid, S, 2
Paladin, L, 1

So, Kappa can guess a vowel, any of you five can solve, anyone can guess a consonant.

Though I'd be shocked if someone doesn't solve...

A?
What about my guess of T?
M?
What about my guess of T?

Oh crap! I missed it!

Er... so as not to disadvantage anyone, I'll wait until the next round to reveal any T's, but also give you an additional letter/chance to solve this round.
Pat, I'd like to solve the puzzle. Monster Society of Evil
That would be correct.

Over to you, Quis.
Before/After

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
S
T
L
OK. I will be leaving shortly and won't be back until tomorrow.

_ _ ST _ _ _

S _ _ _ _ T _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ T _ _ _ L

Kappa Kid - S: 2
EDE - T: 3
Paladin - L: 1

So, from what I understand EDE can guess a vowel, all three of you can try to solve.
E
H
N for Nelly.

P.S. Do contestants on the American version of WoF use a similar or same letter guessing scheme as I have been doing (i.e. N for Nelly, S for Sam, R for Roger, etc.)? On the Australian version, they almost always (or used to at least) use the same random words to go with each letter (I mean, "Nelly"?!). Those letter associative words are now much more ingrained in my mind than the correct system (i.e. N for November, S for Sierra, etc.).
Wow we are moving so fast in this game smile

M

P.S. Do contestants on the American version of WoF use a similar or same letter guessing scheme as I have been doing (i.e. N for Nelly, S for Sam, R for Roger, etc.)? On the Australian version, they almost always (or used to at least) use the same random words to go with each letter (I mean, "Nelly"?!). Those letter associative words are now much more ingrained in my mind than the correct system (i.e. N for November, S for Sierra, etc.).

I rarely watch the show here, but I don't think they do that here often anymore. I know they used to say, "N as in 'Nancy'" a lot, for example, in the old days...presumably to avoid any confusion with M and such. I don't think they ever did it with every letter, but I could be wrong.
Yeah, I don't believe it's regularly used at all, except when clarification is specifically needed/asked for, and I don't think there's any standard word associations.

_ _ ST _ _ E

S _ _ _ E T _

_ _

_ ME _ _ _ _

THE

_ E _ _ T _ _ _ L

EDE - E:5
Paladin - H:1
Blacula - N:0
Invisible Brainiac M:1

now does EDE get to guess another vowel because he has the most letters?

EDE, Paladin, & IB get to solve

Yep!
Quis, are you sure you've got all of the guessed letters filled in? I don't see how that second-to-last-letter could be anything other than "the" or "she".
Quis, are you sure you've got all of the guessed letters filled in? I don't see how that second-to-last-letter could be anything other than "the" or "she".

oops! You are right. Still the extra T didn't change the most correct guessed letters
I'll solve, Pat!

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL

Yep!

The rule originally was:

Did we change it?
Hm. Okay, I think we can stick to that going forward. Consonant guesses in subsequent rounds determine vowel guesses. So the guy who guessed the vowel in the previous round must guess a consonant the next, assuming no solve.
Yeah, I think it would work better that way. I believe, on average, vowels tend to occur more than consonants, so that someone who guesses a vowel is more likely to have the highest number of letters over someone who guesses a consonant, so allowing vowels to count would make it likely that the same person keeps getting the highest letter count. In practice I don't think it would matter that much since our games are going so quickly, but still...
I'm actually okay with the puzzles going quickly. I think it's a happy medium between the games that take forever and the ones that are resolved/continued in the next post.
Hm. Okay, I think we can stick to that going forward. Consonant guesses in subsequent rounds determine vowel guesses. So the guy who guessed the vowel in the previous round must guess a consonant the next, assuming no solve.

I agree that's a good way to go. Consecutive vowel guesses will be too revealing, which is good in porn mags but not on this game tongue

And I agree, the pacing in this game is just about right smile
Assuming Paladin was correct, preemptive T for Tony please.
This is a good idea, as the time zone differences are also biting me in the ass.

Preemptive S, please smile
My guess for the next puzzle: N
Paladin is correct.
Category: Occupation

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

Blacula, Ibby and Cali all had incorrect letter guesses, so no vowels allowed next round! So no S, T or N.

(I understand the reasoning for preemptive guesses, but this can happen if you do! tease )
R
M
P for Peter.
L?

(I understand the reasoning for preemptive guesses, but this can happen if you do! tease )

I have met my match! tongue

_ L _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ L _ R

EDE-R(1)
Kappa-M(0)
Blacula-P(0)
Ibby-L(2)

Ibby may guess a vowel, consonant or attempt to solve. EDE may guess a consonant or attempt to solve. Kappa, Blacula and newcomers may guess a consonant.

Incorrect letters: S T N M P
E
D
C for Cat.
Pat, I'll spin!

Big money! Big money! Big money!
*pointer flips off of bankrupt at the last second and lands in the $200 space*

I'd like an F
B

_ L _ C _ _ _ C _

D E _ L E R

EDE-D(1)
Quis-F(0)
Blacula-C(2)
Ibby-E(2)

Blacula may guess a vowel, consonant or attempt to solve. EDE or Ibby may guess a consonant or attempt to solve. Quis and anyone else may guess a consonant.

Incorrect letters: S T N M P F
K

(I think it will be solved before I get a chance to solve)
Was B an incorrect letter? hmmm
I think Paladin was typing his response when you guessed and thus did not see your guess.
Since I think it's *very* likely that "B" is actually correct, I'll give Stalgie the chance to guess before I do.
I will do the same as EDE.
I think Paladin was typing his response when you guessed and thus did not see your guess.

That's exactly what happened. I didn't notice that Kappa had put an entry in as I was creating that update. I saw somewhere he was going on a flight, so I thought it was perfectly likely he would be too preoccupied to post a letter. Silly me! wink

Here's a corrected update without Quis's last guess:

B L _ C _ _ _ C _

D E _ L E R

EDE-D(1)
Quis-F(0)
Blacula-C(2)
Ibby-E(2)
Kappa-B(1)

Blacula may guess a vowel, consonant or attempt to solve. EDE, Kappa or Ibby may guess a consonant or attempt to solve. Quis and anyone else may guess a consonant.

Incorrect letters: S T N M P F

If none of the eligible posters solve this correctly, I will count Quis's guess on the next update.
BLACKJACK DEALER?
BLACKJACK DEALER?

Yep. Your turn again.
Awesome! (Thanks EDE, Quis, and Ibby! smile )

Topic: Biology

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
S
Yay Kappa!

Guessing L.
R for Radiation Roy.
T for Tutankhamun
Topic: Biology

__ __ L L __ L __ R
R __ S __ __ R __ T __ __ __

Lardy (S) - 1
Ibby (L) - 3
Blacula (R) - 4
EDE (T) - 1

Blacula can guess a vowel. Everyone one else can try to solve or guess a consonant.
Cellular respiration?
That sounds right, but just in case I'll call an N for Nefertiti.
Ibby's got it! Over to you! smile
Awesome! Thanks Stalgie smile

Will have a think about my puzzle first, be back in a bit.
Topic: Food and Drink

_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
N
T
S for Sugyn.
C

_ _ _ _ _ _
_ S _ _ _ S S _
_ _ _ T _ N _

Kappa (N) - 1
Quis (T) - 1
Blacula (S) - 3
Lardy (C) - 0

Blacula may guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve.
Kappa and Quis may guess a consonant, or solve.
Lardy and anyone else may guess a vowel.
R?
P
L for Lima
E for Evillo.
Ending the round now because I'm doing overtime and might not be able to check again until tomorrow morning.

Actually, I'll be traveling tomorrow morning so... yeah. It might be a full day until I can update this. It will be hard to do over the phone.

_ _ _ L _ _
E S P R E S S _
_ _ R T _ N _

Kappa (R) - 2
Lardy (P) - 1
Cali (L) - 1
Blacula (E) - 2

Wrong guesses: C

If I understand correctly:

Kappa may guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve.

Blacula, may guess a consonant or solve (as we do not allow the same player to guess vowels in 2 consecutive rounds).

Lardy and Cali may guess a consonant or solve.
M
G
I obviously don't eat or drink enough.

H for H'Hrnath.
A
Point of order question: So in one round I guess a correct letter and thus can try to solve. I miss either trying to solve or guessing a letter in the next round. Would I be allowed to still try to solve in the subsequent round?
^ I asked the same question earlier in the game Q.

Here was Paladin's response:

"Nope, you've gotta have a correct letter guess in the round that leads up to the latest reveal."

My understanding as well, hence the attempt to make each round about the same length. Apologies for ending a bit early frown
In principle, I think the rule should definitely be that in order to take a guess, you should have called in a letter in the previous round, and thus risked losing your ability to guess, but I'm also definitely sympathetic to concerns about inconsistent round length.
Point of order question: So in one round I guess a correct letter and thus can try to solve. I miss either trying to solve or guessing a letter in the next round. Would I be allowed to still try to solve in the subsequent round?

I hope I'm understanding the question correctly---Basically, you have to earn the right to solve each round. You can't save the opportunity for later if you choose to pass on it. The puzzle should become easier to solve as more letters get revealed, so I feel it's fair to reward those whose guesses have made it easier to solve when the puzzle runner "turns" the letters around.

It's the closest way I can approximate the dynamic of the show in a forum such as this. On the show, one person guesses a letter, spins again, guesses wrong letter, next person gets a chance to spin--if that person doesn't already know, then he spins, maybe gets a letter right and can now solve if he now has enough info. (Unless he knows it but is trying to get some more cash, which we can't replicate here, obviously.)

The only way to be more fair and somewhat replicate WoF would be to set a guessing order with participants getting one letter at a time to guess and having the opportunity to solve if they get a letter right or if they think they already know it. That would favor subsequent contestants, though.

I'd be against then letting the same person guess another letter instead of moving on to the next person because I can see the interest of those waiting their turn fading. And another downside would be (even if we immediately move to contestant B), what do we do if B either takes forever to post or simply doesn't--do we set a time limit? And how would that limit work for or against the folks who live on the other side of the world?

I said from the outset that there might be some growing pains trying to adapt it to this message board, but I feel it's been a success overall. I am totally open for alternatives that make sense and can be agreed upon by consensus.
I think the way we are doing it now is a very good compromise, all things considered. I can't think of a better way, off the top of my head. It would be ideal to have everyone posting with regularity (exact 12 hour or 24 hout cycles for example) but that is hardly practical.

I think twice a day is just about right for round lengths, but what does everyone else think?
I'm fine with the situation we have now, but I'm fine with whatever you want to change it to as long as the new rules are clear.
by the way, I will end this round now because I might not get another chance to until early in the evening my time (another 14-15 hours) frown

_ A H L _ A
E S P R E S S _
M A R T _ N _

Lardy (M) - 1
EDE (G) - 0
Blacula (H) - 1
Kappa (A) - 3

Wrong guesses: C, G

It looks like Blacula eats or drinks just enough.

So applying the rule:

Because there is a tie between Lardy and Blacula for the guessed consonant appearing most often, nobody gets to guess a vowel this round.

Kappa, Lardy and Blacula may all solve.
Everyone may guess a consonant.
I'll attempt to solve, though I'm far from certain:

K A H L U A
E S P R E S S O
M A R T I N I?
You got it! An interesting and tasty cocktail which has become one of my favorites.

Not the most common I think, judging by everyone's puzzlement, but because all 3 words in it are fairly common I think it is a fair enough puzzle choice.
While we await more feedback, I'll keep the game moving....

Category: Lifestyles

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
T
Hmm...

S for Spain?
I should mention that the one exception to the "guess a correct letter to solve" is if you think you know the puzzle before any letters have been revealed at all. This happened when Kappa solved Ibby's "Final Fantasy" puzzle with only the clue and the spacing shown. I think in that one instance, it's a fair exception--not to mention an awesome chance to show off! grin
You got it! An interesting and tasty cocktail which has become one of my favorites.

Ah! I wasn't thinking cocktail!

Anyway, I'll try M for masochism.

Anyway, I'll try M for masochism.

Wouldn't it be funny if the puzzle solution was "masochism"? The number of letters fits, and it could fit the category.... hmmm
(It's not "masochism", btw! grin )
I am still amazed myself at how Kappa guessed Final Fantasy with not a single letter filled in!
Re: the Rules. I think they work very well as they stand now. They seem as close an approximation to the TV show as one could get within the confines of a message board.

My guess:

L for Leviathan.
Re: the Rules. I think they work very well as they stand now. They seem as close an approximation to the TV show as one could get within the confines of a message board.

I appreciate you saying that, Blacula. Since you live in Australia (and hopefully/presumably sleep more than Ibby! grin ), IIRC, you are most affected by any disadvantages that are time-zone related. I hope you get to solve one in the near future! nod
No problem, Paladin. Thanks for creating this fun new game!
I am still amazed myself at how Kappa guessed Final Fantasy with not a single letter filled in!

I was scared you were going to change your answer just to mess with me. tongue
I think 4 guesses is enough for an update....

_ _ L _ _ M _ _ _

Kappa-T(0)
Ibby-S(0)
EDE-M(1)
Blacula-L(1)

Blacula and EDE may solve or guess a consonant. (Reminder: a tie for most consonants means no vowel reward.) Kappa, Ibby and anyone else may guess another consonant.

Like I did when EDE mentioned "masochism"? grin

Just kidding! wink
R
N for Night Girl.
C for cosplay!
D for Djibouti

And Blackjack Dealer! tongue

Like I did when EDE mentioned "masochism"? grin

Just kidding! wink
F for Freaky

_ _ L _ _ M _ R _

Kappa-R(1)
Ibby-D(0)
EDE-C(0)
Blacula-N(0)
Quis-F(0)

Incorrect letter guesses: S T L D C N F

Kappa may guess a vowel, a consonant or solve. Everyone else may only guess a consonant.
Y
G
P for Polecat.
E
B
Okay, I think we may have enough letters revealed to get a solve. However, only Blacula and Quis will be eligible to do so!

Turn 'em, Vanna!

P _ L Y _ M _ R Y

Kappa-E(0)
Ibby-G(0)
EDE-B(0)
Blacula-P(1)
Quis-Y(2)

Incorrect letter guesses: S T L D C N F E G B

Hear that sound? it means there are no consonants left!

Here's the deal--Quis and Blacula now have the opportunity to solve. If neither one can, Quis may guess a vowel and have another opportunity to solve if he reveals a vowel. If he guesses a wrong vowel or fails to solve, I'll give everyone else an opportunity to solve. If no one can solve, I'll let the first one to guess a vowel and be correct the opportunity to solve. Cool?

So Quis or Blacula....would you like to solve the puzzle? (Remember, spelling is CRUCIAL!)
POLYAMORY.
POLYAMORY.

band

HUZZAH! I am quite pleased to confirm that regular participant Blacula has correctly solved his first puzzle and has earned the right to post one of his own!

Congrats! Can't wait to see what you come up with! nod
Yay!
I chose this last puzzle because of a song by Breaking Benjamin called "Polyamorous". I chose the noun form because I wasn't sure if the song was well-known enough to use in a music category. I like that it's not loaded with common letters, too.

Ironically, the song doesn't seem to have anything to do with polyamory other than as a descriptor of the speaker's friend: "My polyamorous friend/Got me in a mess of trouble again". shrug
Woo-Hoo! It only took me 35 pages (according to my Firefox browser) but I finally got one!

I'm a little bit obsessed with this category that I'd never seen before so please name the following:

BEFORE & AFTER

__ __ __ __ __
__ __ __ __ __ __ __
__ __ __ __ __
__ __
__ __ __
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
Pat, I'd like a T
R
N for notorious.
F
S
Results:

BEFORE & AFTER

__ __ __ R __
__ __ S T __ R N
T __ __ __ S
__ F
T __ __
__ N __ __ __ __ __ T __ __

Quis (4) can guess a vowel, a consonant or solve.
Kappa (2) can guess a consonant or solve.
EDE (2) can guess a consonant or solve.
Paladin (1) can guess a consonant or solve.
IB (2) can guess a consonant or solve.

Anyone else can guess a consonant.
L
I will attempt to solve:

WEIRD
WESTERN
TALES
OF
THE
UNEXPECTED
Drat. I knew all the words but the last one!
EDE has it!

Two titles I've never read but would like to pick up in back-issues one day.

Over to the hat-man.
The Category is SAME NAME.*

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

&

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

*For anyone not familiar with the category, here is the description:

This puzzle includes two names, phrases, etc. that end in the same word (e.g., ARETHA & BENJAMIN FRANKLIN or SEWING & SLOT MACHINE).
T
L
N for Nemesis Kid.
S
R
_ _ N _ _ _ R _

&

_ R _ _ T _

T _ _

S _ _ _ R

_ _ _

Invisible Brainiac, T, 2
Paladin, L, 0
Blacula, N, 1
Kappa Kid, S, 1
Quislet, R, 3

So:

Quislet can guess a vowel, consonant, or solve.
Blacs, Ibby, and Stalgie can guess a consonant or solve.
Paladin (or anyone else) can guess a consonant.
P
B
H for Holdur.
C
A
Category: SAME NAME

_ _ N _ _ A R _

&

_ R _ P T _

T H _

S _ P _ R

_ _ _

Invisible Brainiac, P, 2
Kappa Kid, B, 0
Blacula, H, 1
Paladin, C, 0
Quislet, Esq, A, 1

So:

Invisible Brainiac can guess a vowel, consonant, or solve.
Blacula or Quislet can guess a consonant or solve.
Kappa Kid, Paladin, or anyone else can guess a consonant.
I may be ineligible, but I still don't know what that first word is! hmmm

I'll take a Y, Pat.
First word is stumping me as well!

I'll guess I.
D for Deregon.
Pat, I'd like to solve.

Junkyard & Krypto the Super Dog
That would be correct! Charlie... tell him what he's won...

"It's a pack of feral dogs..."
Dang, I was hoping for the ceramic Dalmatian.

Puzzle coming soon

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _
L for Lazon.
T for Taiwan
N for Nubile
S

_ _ _ _ _ N _ LS

_ _ _

_

S _ _ _ _ ST _ T _ _ _ S

_ _ _ _ _ _ L _

L _ T

Blacula L-3
Invisible Brainiac T-2
Paladin N-1
Kappa Kid S-4

Kappa Kid may guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
Invisible Brainiac, Blacula, & Paladin may guess a consonant or solve
Everybody else can guess a consonant
I'll attempt to solve, Pat:

CRIMINALS ARE A SUPERSTITIOUS COWARDLY LOT

?
Correct
Gah! I was going to guess that. mad Damn evening labs...
Category: Event

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _
I'll try F, for Fatima, the best of all king-sized cigarettes!
Wow go Lardy!

*imagines EDE smoking*

Guessing T for Tunisia
R for Roger.
P for Plaid Lad.
Pat, I'd like an S. S as in Superboy.
Category: Event

T _ _

S _ _ _ _ R

_ _ _ _ P _ _ S

_ T

R _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ R _

_ R _ _ _ _

EDE-F(0)
Ibby-T(2)
Kappa-R(4)
Blacula-P(1)
Quis-S(2)

Kappa may guess a vowel, consonant or solve.
Ibby, Kappa and Blacula may guess a consonant or solve.
EDE or anyone else may guess a consonant.
H for Hookah!
M for Magno.
The Summer Olympics at Rio De Janeiro Brazil?
Dammit! I missed another guess because of an evening lab! mad laugh
I'm just glad I get to post when traveling to or from client meetings!
The Summer Olympics at Rio De Janeiro Brazil?

Yep!
Cool! Let me think of a new one in a bit...
Tourist Spots

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
R
N as in Nipslip
L for Lightning Lord.
Tourist Spots

_ N _ _ _ R

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kappa (R) - 1
Lardy (N) - 1
Blacula (L) - 0

We have a tie for most consonants, so nobody gets to guess a vowel.

Kappa and Lardy may solve or guess a consonant.

Blacula and everyone else may guess a consonant.
D
S for Sensual Misunderstanding.
T
C for Carnal Knowledge
G for Dr. Gym'll.
Tourist Spots

_ N G _ _ R

_ _ T

C _ _ _ _ D _ _

Kappa (D) - 1
EDE (S) - 0
Quis (T) - 1
Lardy (C) - 1
Blacula (G) - 1

Wrong guesses: L, S

Another tie for most guessed consonant, so nobody gets to guess a vowel.

Kappa, Quis,Lardy and Blacula may guess a consonant or solve.

EDE and anyone else may guess a consonant.
M
K for Kappa Kid! (Not to be confused with the more gansta Cap-a-Kid!)
P for pusillanimous

ANGKOR
WAT
CAMBODIA
Blacula has it!

It is Angkor Wat, one of the most breathtaking monuments in the world IMO. Much larger than the Taj Mahal or Borobudur in Indonesia, I spent an afternoon there and it felt like I could have stayed for much longer and not gotten bored.

I would love to visit again.
I figured either Blacs or Quis would get it!
Now that this has been solved, I realized that each consonant appeared exactly once in Angkor Wat, Cambodia. So the only way somebody could have guessed the consonant that appeared most is for everyone else to make an incorrect guess!

I don't know if we need to amend the rules for this. Probably not. I don't think this will happen very often, anyway.
Yeah, I don't think there's any reason to amend.
QUOTATION

__
__ __ __
__
__ __ __ __
__
__ __ __ __ __:
__ __ __ __ __ __
L for Luxembourg
N for Nudity
I'll attempt to solve:

A
MAN
A
PLAN
A
CANAL:
PANAMA
Haha I wondered if that colon would be all the clues someone might need. Well done EDE!

I quite like palindromes and this is probably the most famous one. Sometimes it gets stuck in my head for no reason, so now I'm going to pass the curse on to all of you "The Ring"-style. wink

Over to you EDE.
BEFORE AND AFTER

_ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _
T for Tantric
S for Singapore
B for Blok.
BEFORE AND AFTER

_ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ T _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ S

T _ _

B _ _ _

Paladin, T, 2
Invisible Brainiac, S, 1
Blacula, B, 1

So, Paladin can choose a vowel, consonant, or solve.
Ibby and Blac can choose a consonant or solve.
Anyone else can choose a consonant.
A for Affleck
N for Nepal
R for Rokk Krinn.
BEFORE AND AFTER

_ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ R T _ N _

_ A _ _ R S

T _ _

B _ _ _

Paladin, A, 1
Ibby, N, 1
Blacula, R, 2

So, Blacula can guess a vowel, consonant, or solve.
Paladin and Ibby can guess a consonant or solve.
I for Iresa.
C for Cooter (you know, the Dukes of Hazzard character!)
H for Hungary
BEFORE AND AFTER

_ H _ _ _

_ _

_ _ R T _ N _

_ A _ _ R S

T H _

B _ _ _

Incorrect guesses: I, C

Blacula, I, 0
Lardy, C, 0
Ibby, H, 2

So, Ibby can choose a vowel, a consonant, or solve
Blacula, Paladin, or anyone else can guess a consonant
E for Egypt
M for Massage (sensual, of course)
Pat, I'd like a P as in Pat
L for Lamprey.
BEFORE AND AFTER

_ H E E L

_ _

_ _ R T _ N E

_ A _ _ R S

T H E

B _ L _

Incorrect guesses: I, C, M

Invisible Brainiac, E, 4
Paladin, M, 0
Quislet, P, 0
Blacula, L, 2

So, Blacula can guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve.
Ibby can guess a consonant or solve.
Paladin, Blacula, or anyone else can guess a consonant.
Wheel
Of
Fortune
Favors
The
Bold
And Ibby has it!

Over to you!
Point of order! I thought we were using English spelling? There's a 'U' in "FAVOUR". wink
Cue debate between American English and British English wink

I'm staying out of this one!

(Though as a citizen of a former US colony you can guess how I would vote...)

New puzzle up soon
Topic/Category: Literature

_ _ _
_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _:
_ _ _
_ _ _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

T
R for R-Rated
S for smaragdine!

T _ _
_ _ R _ _
_ _ _ S:
T _ _
S T _ _ _
_ _
T _ _
S _ _ R _ _ _ _

Quis (T) - 4
Lardy (R) - 2
EDE (S) - 3

Quis may guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve
Lardy and EDE may solve or guess a consonant
Anyone else may guess a consonant
H for Herpes, Pat
I'll take H for Hrothgar!
Lardy beat me to it, so I'll switch to F for fin-de-siecle!
C for Charma.
I'll keep this round open a bit longer to see if Quis will come and guess a vowel.
I'll guess an O

T H _
H _ R _ _
_ O _ S:
T _ _
S T _ _ _
O _
T H _
S C O R _ _ O _

Lardy (H) - 3
EDE (F) - 0
Blacula (C) - 1
Quis (O) - 4

Incorrect Guesses: F

Lardy may guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve.
Blacula may guess a consonant or solve.
N for Nanocephalous.
Hm. Know some words but not all.

I for irritable bowels.
P for Pat
G for Gim Allon.

T H _
H _ R _ _
_ O _ S:
T _ _
S T I N G
O _
T H _
S C O R P I O N

EDE (N) - 2
Lardy (I) - 2
Quis (P) - 1
Blacula (G) - 1

Incorrect Guesses: F

EDE may guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve.
Blacula, Lardy, Quis may guess a consonant or solve.
anyone else may guess a consonant.
Man... what the heck is that other word?

I'll take the E for Ethelred.
I think maybe you foRgot to fill in one "H", Ibby. Assuming I'm correct....

THE HARDY BOYS: THE STING OF THE SCORPION
That would make sense, because I'm not coming up with anything else that would fit there...
I think maybe you foRgot to fill in one "H", Ibby. Assuming I'm correct....

THE HARDY BOYS: THE STING OF THE SCORPION

Oops! You are right Lardy, apologies, I missed the "H" in "The". But you still got it! Over to you Lardster.

Apologies EDE, hope this error didn't throw you off.
Category: Activity

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _
L for Laos
G for Gigi Cusimano.
S
T
I'll take an "N" for nads.

Apologies EDE, hope this error didn't throw you off.

It definitely did, but no worries. I'm surprised there hasn't been a mistake like this before. I'm always worried that I'm going to post the clue with the wrong number of spaces!

Thanks, EDE! Appreciate the forgiveness.

That'll teach me to end a round before I have had my morning coffee tongue

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ T

Kappa-T(1)
Ibby-L(0)
Blacula-G(0)
Quis-S(0)
Edie-N(0)

Kappa may choose a vowel, consonant or solve.
Everyone else may choose a consonant.
R as in Romania
D for Dominators.
P as in Pat
B as is balls.
Kappa, you haven't guessed anything yet. Don't forfeit your vowel power!
Okay, guys, I've seen Kappa online here more than once, but I don't wanna hold off any longer. Kapp, if you see this, sorry, but vowel privileges can't be transferred to another round. frown

_ _ _ _ B _ _ _

_ _ _ T

Edie-B(1)
Ibby-R(0)
Blacula-D(0)
Quis-P(0)

Incorrect letters: L G S N R D P

Edie may choose a vowel, consonant or solve.
Anyone else may choose a consonant but can't solve.
Gah! Apologies for holding you guys up! I was swamped with work today and didn't get the chance to check the thread. frown

C?
W for Worldsmith.
E for eggs.
Gah! Apologies for holding you guys up! I was swamped with work today and didn't get the chance to check the thread. frown

Sorry, buddy. I waited over 40 hours between reveals, and I saw you online before and after I posted the above reminder. That's much longer than I usually would ever like to wait.
Y for Yemen
I'm gonna go ahead and update since I feel it's unlikely that Quis will chime in anytime before tomorrow night. We have some smart cookies here, so I feel that we may just get a solve with the reveal of just three more letters. Let's see! Vanna...?

_ _ C E B _ _ _

C _ _ T

Edie-E(1)
Ibby-Y(0)
Blacula-W(0)
Kappa-C(2)

Incorrect letters: L G S N R D P W Y

Edie may choose a consonant or solve.
Anyone else may choose a consonant but can't solve.
Drat. I figured it out but am not eligible to solve.

T for Tonga
A?
I'll attempt to solve:

FACEBOOK
CHAT
That is what I would have guessed too! smile
I'll attempt to solve:

FACEBOOK
CHAT

That would be the one! I figured the "CEB" in the middle might be enough.... nod
Yeah, that CEB really helped! And the C_ _T!
And the C_ _T!

Oh, Ibby.... lol
What? Is this something you're blaming me for again Lardy?? wink tongue
And the C_ _T!

Oh, Ibby.... lol
What? Is this something you're blaming me for again Lardy?? wink tongue

Nope! Nothing suggestive about that post I quoted above at ALL! shake

lol
Yes it is a perfectly innocent post for a four letter word that starts with C abd ends with T wink
I love anecdotes where the real WoF had puzzles where at certain unsolved points had some banal misinterpretations! I don't know if it really ever happened, but I'd probably laugh for 2 weeks minimum if I ever saw it!

I bet that enters the thought process when the folks are creating puzzles! lol

And I'll bet you didn't see my take on your post coming! lol
I certainly didn't consider that some of us might actively craft puzzles around misinterpetations!

And yeah I didn't think about the other possible answers for C _ _ T . But when you reacted I figured it out right away! lol
Well, I meant the folks on the WoF show! I seriously doubt it's a major concern on our version--er, until now, perhaps? grin
I can imagine some of us making it a consideration sometimes wink
For EDE's puzzle, I pick S
Category: COMICS

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
T
S for Seychelles
Psst-- Quis already picked S, IB!
Oops thanks EDE.

M for Mali
C for Cobra
W for Weber's World.

S _ _ _ M _ _
_ _ _ C _ _ _ S
_ T _ _ S
_ _ _ S
_ C _ _ _ _ _ S
M _ _ C _ _ _

Incorrect: W

Quis, S, 5
Kappa, T, 1
Ibby, M, 2
Lardy, C, 3
Blacula, W, 0

So, Quis may guess a vowel, consonant, or solve.
Kappa, Ibby, and Lardy may guess a consonant or solve.
Blacula or anyone else may guess a consonant.
L for Latvia
Darn it! One of the few times I know an answer and my previous letter was wrong.

R for Rond Vidar.
Darn it! One of the few times I know an answer and my previous letter was wrong.

I was afraid that would happen!
N for Namor
A is my choice
I honestly have no idea what this might be.

D for Dookie.
Like Lardy, I also don't know what it is!
I'll post the results when I'm back on my laptop in a couple of hours.

I'm pretty sure everyone will have it then, though!

S _ L _ M _ N
_ _ R C _ L _ S
A T L A S
_ _ _ S
A C _ _ L L _ S
M _ R C _ R _

Incorrect: W, D

Ibby, L, 5
Blacula, R, 3
Kappa, N, 1
Quis, A, 3
Paladin, D, 0

So, Ibby can choose a consonant, vowel, or solve.
Blacula, Kappa, and Quis can choose a consonant or solve.
Paladin can choose a consonant.
SOLOMON
HERCULES
ATLAS
ZEUS
ACHILLES
MERCURY
And it goes to Blacula!

Great puzzle choice EDE
That was a good one EDE!

And I'm going to steal your theme.

COMICS

__ __ __ __ __ __
T for Tanzania
That was a good one EDE!

I was pretty proud of it! wink

I'll take "L" for Lesniewski!
V for victory
M for Morbius
I'm gonna take a stab at solving the puzzle because I have a solution that fits the category and the number of letters. I'm probably wrong. Go big or go home, right?

Is it.....

INJUSTICE
LEAGUE?
I was thinking the second word might be League as well! It was the first word I tried when I was thinking about the solution smile
I'm gonna take a stab at solving the puzzle because I have a solution that fits the category and the number of letters. I'm probably wrong. Go big or go home, right?

Is it.....

INJUSTICE
LEAGUE?

Well it wouldn't be the first time someone correctly guessed one of my puzzles without having any letters... wink

... but I'm afraid it's not the right answer this time.

In fact, no one guessed a correct letter!

So the board still looks like this:

COMICS

__ __ __ __ __ __

Incorrect letters: T L V M

Anyone can guess a consonant... or solve(?). I can't remember how early game solve guesses work. Was it just in the first round? Or just before any letters have been correctly guessed? Or something else?
In the first round, before any letters have been revealed, you may guess if you think you might know it. After letters have been revealed, you must earn the opportunity to guess by correctly guessing a letter. Since no letters have been revealed, I guess a solve is still allowable.

Me? I took my stab, so I'll guess a letter this time...

S for Saliva

N for Nigeria
H for Hieronymus
B for Batman
P

S __ __ __ __ __ __ N __
S __ P P H __

Paladin: S (2)
IB: N (1)
EDE: H (1)
KK: B (0)
Quis: P (2)

Incorrect letters: T L V M B

As I recall, a tie for guessing the letter that appears the most number of times means no one gets to pick a vowel? (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

So:

Paladin, IB, EDE and Quis may guess a consonant or solve.
KK and anyone else can guess a consonant.

I have a strong feeling this will be solved quickly now though.
I'll let someone else have it.
I understand correctly. Nobody can guess a vowel because we tied for number of consonants.

Suffering Sappho?
Great Rao! You're correct IB.

Your turn to spin the wheel.
Merciful Minerva!

I guess S for IB's puzzle
Hmm... maybe I should attempt to solve Ibby's before he even posts it! wink
Popping planets! Everyone is so excited! New puzzle up soon
Hmm... maybe I should attempt to solve Ibby's before he even posts it! wink

My theory is that Edie automatically knows what each puzzle is when it's given--and possibly before! He merely toys with the rest of us and solves when he feels like it! nod
EDE is just playing with us!!!
Category: Music

_ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

T for Turd
K for Kinetix.
I'll try "H" for holenmerism.
I almost took a preemptive guess again, but the band I'm thinking of apparently doesn't have a "THE" in front of its name... hmmm
I was totally going to go with "One Direction", but it's a letter short! wink
I almost took a preemptive guess again, but the band I'm thinking of apparently doesn't have a "THE" in front of its name... hmmm

Are you SURE it's a THE? wink

I was totally going to go with "One Direction", but it's a letter short! wink

Oh, you know I just looooooooove One Direction...! But I prefer older men. It's Blaze who likes men barely out of their teens wink

What that says about him liking me, or me liking him, I don't know...

_ _ S
_ _ S _ _ _ _ _ _ S

Quis (S) - 3
Lardy (T) - 0
Blacula (K) - 0
EDE (H) - 0

Sorry guys, no word "The" in this name.

Quis may guess a vowel, solve, or guess a consonant.
anyone else may guess a consonant.
You forgot Quis's guess of an "S"!
Oops!! Thanks for the reminder EDE! Going back to edit my post...
Shit! I think I know it! Though, if true, I might put it in another category... hmmm

R for Root Canal
I'll try an "L" for Lardy!
B for Bouncing Boy.
O is my guess
Shit! I think I know it! Though, if true, I might put it in another category... hmmm

I think this puzzle could belong to more than one category, but it definitely belongs here too. And the rules do say that the category can be as generic or specific as the creator decides.

L _ S
_ _ S _ R _ B L _ S

Incorrect guesses: T, K, H, O

Lardy (R) - 1
EDE (L) - 2
Blacula (B) - 1
Quis (O) - 0

Lardy and Blacula may solve or guess a consonant.
Quis and anyone else may guess a consonant.
I'll try:

LES
MISERABLES
EDE has it! Les Mis is making the rounds here in Manila so a lot of people are talking about it.

I gained a new appreciation for many of the songs after watching it again, in fact.

Yep. I knew it after the previous reveal but didn't earn a solve with a letter. frown
Aw Lardy. I knew that you had guessed it, but it all came down to who posted first frown
Nah, it's cool. It's as much about timing as anything else! nod
Sometimes it's tempting to check more often wink But I like that puzzles get solved relatively quickly. More chances for all of us to play! smile
Yep. I knew it after the previous reveal but didn't earn a solve with a letter. frown

For what it's worth, I was in the same boat last round.
Category: STAR AND ROLE

_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _

S for Samoa
P for the Puppet Planetoid.
R for Rump
N as in "in"

_ _ _ _
_ _ R _ _ N _
_ S
_ _ R _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _

Incorrect guesses: P

Ibby, S, 1
Blacula, P, 0
Lardy, R, 2
Quis, N, 1

Lardy can guess a vowel, consonant, or solve.
Ibby or Quis can guess a consonant or solve.
Blacula or anyone else can guess a consonant.
L for Liberia
A for Arse
T for Transuits.
M

_ _ _ _
_ A R L A N _
A S
_ _ R _ T _ _
_ A L _

Incorrect guesses: P

Ibby, L, 2
Paladin, A, 4
Blacula, T, 1
Quis, M, 0

Ibby can guess a vowel, consonant, or solve.
Paladin or Blacula can guess a consonant or solve.
Quis or anyone else can guess a consonant.
G

Darn, I know it too.
Judy Garland as Dorothy Gale?
Judy Garland as Dorothy Gale?

That's correct!

And you win a fabulous pair of ruby slippers! Unfortunately they are currently in possession of the Wicked Witch of the East...
Darn that wicked witch. Well, I'm off to gather a ragtag band of companions who have very little in common to ask that witch nicely to give me those slippers.

CAPITALS AND COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
M for Mano.
N for Nosferatu
I'm going to guess:

Naypyidaw
Myanmar
Sorry quiz, your guess does fit the blanks but it is not the capital-country pair I chose.

CAPITALS AND COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ N _

Blacula (M) - 0
EDE (N) - 1

Incorrect letters: M

Incorrect guesses:

Naypyidaw, Myanmar

EDE may solve, guess a vowel, or guess a consonant.
Blacula, Quis, and anyone else may guess a consonant.
I'll attempt to solve:

REYKJAVIK
ICELAND
EDE must have checked out my Facebook because that is correct! Iceland is one of my fave countries and I would love to return.

Quis' guess was good too as I have also been to Myanmar. Just not to Naypyidaw.
I knew you'd been to Iceland, so when I realized it fit, it had to be it!

(I'll admit that I thought Rangoon was the capital of Myanmar, though!)
Rangoon/Yangon used to be the capital, and is a much more economically important city. Most visitors would fly into there.

It also has the massive Shwedagon Pagoda

Naypyidaw on the other hand is a relatively new city constructed specially to be the capital. I have no plans to visit.
I choose to guess "L" for Edie's upcoming puzzle that he has undoubtedly not forgotten to create for us.
Oh, I came up with it yesterday, but totally forgot to post it! wink

CATEGORY: Place

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _
S for Sierra Leone

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ L _

Incorrect guesses: S

Paladin, L, 1
Ibby, s, 0

So, Paladin can choose a vowel, a consonant, or to solve.
Ibby or anyone else can choose a consonant.
M for Malawi
T for Titania.
A for Alice. Call her!

T _ M _ _ _ T _

M A L _

Incorrect guesses: S

Ibby, M, 2
Blacula, T, 2
Paladin, A, 1

Some good letter guessing! A tie means no one can choose a vowel.

Ibby, Blacula, or Paladin can choose a consonant or solve.

Timbuktu, Mali?
Yep!

And you win a trip to war-torn Mali!
If my security could be guaranteed I would go!

Besides Timbuktu, there is Djenne, Gao, the cliff villages of Bandiagara...

New Puzzle up soon
Preemptive L for Lazon.
Category: Comic Books

_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
I'm tempted to try to solve, but I'll guess an S.
I'll attempt a solve:

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES?
Lardy has it! I was wondering if this would go past one round smile
Lardy has it! I was wondering if this would go past one round smile

HA! I was a little worried because I thought there should be a "The" and a hyphen in there... shake

New puzzle soonish.....
I thought the hyphen would be too much of a giveaway smile and the THE isn't necessary.
and the THE isn't necessary.

It comes and goes... shrug

tongue
Karma karma karma chameleon...
I guess T

_ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _
I'll guess F as in F-word.
S as in Senegal
W for White Witch.

_ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

T _ _ _ _ _ _ _

W _ T _ _

Quis can guess a consonant, vowel or solve.
Blacula can guess a consonant or solve.
Anyone else may guess a consonant.

Just to make sure: So both Ibby and I had incorrect guesses?

Just to make sure: So both Ibby and I had incorrect guesses?

Yup! No S or F in this puzzle!
Okay, I'll try a C, as in C-word.
R for Rwanda
H for Hate Face.
I for Ice Cream (or I Scream)

_ _ _ _

C _ _

_ _ I _ _

_

_ R I _ _ _

_ _ _ R

T R _ _ _ _ _ _

W _ T _ R

Edie(1)-C
Ibby(4)-R
Blacula(0)-H
Quis(2)-I

Ibby may choose a vowel, consonant or solve.
Edie and Quis may choose a consonant or solve.
Anyone else may choose a consonant.
A for Andorra
D for Duo Damsel.
N as in nominalist.

_ _ _ _

C A N

_ _ I _ D

A

_ R I D _ _

_ _ _ R

T R _ _ _ _ _ D

W A T _ R

Edie(1)-C
Ibby(A)-3
Blacula(D)-3

Blacula may choose a vowel, consonant or solve.
Edie and Ibby may choose a consonant or solve.
LOVE
CAN
BUILD
A
BRIDGE
OVER
TROUBLED
WATER
That would be it!
Awesome!

I'll have to think of one soon...

Okay, here goes.

ANIMALS

_ _ _ _
_ _ _
Bear Cub
I'll guess "R" as in reism.
Not bear cub.
No R either.

ANIMALS

_ _ _ _
_ _ _

Incorrect guesses: R

Anyone may guess a consonant.
T for Taters?
"C" for Cleanthes.

I wonder if Quislet will continue to guess different types of animal cubs?
Well, I had thought of lion cub, But I will guess S as in Saturn Girl
ANIMALS

S _ _ _
T _ _

Incorrect guesses: R, C

Lardy (T) - 1
EDE (C) - 0
Quis (S) - 1

As there is a tie, nobody can guess a vowel
Lardy and Quis may solve or guess a consonant
I'll try "L" as in Lobachevsky.
N as in Nekkid.
ANIMALS

S _ _ _
T _ _

Incorrect guesses: R, C, L, N

Lardy (N) - 0
EDE (L) - 0

H.
P as in Princess Projectra
B for Buttocks.
ANIMALS

S H _ H
T _ _

Incorrect guesses: R, C, L, N, P, B

EDE (H) - 2
Quis (P) - 0
Lardy (B) - 0

Quis and Lardy and anyone else may guess a consonant.

I think this latest round should do it... smile

Quis and Lardy may guess a consonant or solve.

Actually, only Edie is allowed to solve by virtue of his being the only correct guess last round.
I guess a Z

Quis and Lardy may guess a consonant or solve.

Actually, only Edie is allowed to solve by virtue of his being the only correct guess last round.

Ah, thanks for the correction, Lardy. Shall go back and edit.
I'll solve:

SHIH
TZU
EDE has it!
Category: MUSIC

_

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
N for Nigeria
S for SUCKA
T for The

_

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ N _

_ _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ N S

_ _

T _ _

_ _ N _ _ _ N _ _ _ S

Ibby, N, 4
Lardy, S, 2
Quisy, T, 1

Invisible Brainiac can choose a vowel, consonant, or solve.
Paladin or Quislet, Esq., can choose a consonant or solve.
E for Egypt
L for Lulz
R

_

_ R _ _ _ _

_ _ N _

_ _

L _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ L

_ _ L L _ N S

_ R

T _ E

_ _ N _ _ E N _ E R S

Ibby, E, 3
Lardy, L, 4
Quis, R, 3

Lardy may guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve
Ibby or Quis may guess a consonant or solve.
A GROOVY KIND OF LOVE BY PHIL COLLINS OR THE MINDBENDERS?
That's it! Over to you, Mr. Paladin!
Once I figured out "Phil Collins", it didn't take long. Good one!
Category: Same Name

_ _ _ _ _

&

_

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _
T as titillating.
M for Mali
N

_ _ _ _ _

&

_

_ _ _

N _ M _ _

_ _ _

Edie(T)-0
Ibby(M)-1
Quis(N)-1

No vowels next round because we have a tie.
Edie or anyone else may guess a consonant.
S
C
D for Djibouti

_ _ _ _ _

&

_

_ _ _

N _ M _ D

S _ _

Edie(C)-0
Ibby(D)-1
Quis(S)-1

Still no vowels next round because we have a tie again.
Edie or anyone else may guess a consonant.
Crap! I know it.

Y.
Crap! I know it.

Y.

I was wondering if you might. The question is: Does Quis or Ibby know it?
I'm actually annoyed at myself for not having figured it out last round!
I have an idea for some words but I don't know the whole quote.

L for Luxembourg
B for Bob Cobb.
I don't know the first word. EDE has it
I don't know the first word. EDE has it

Edie can't guess until the next round. You could guess a letter and see if you get one right. If you see it before Edie, you could beat him to the punch... nod

_ _ _ _ Y

&

_

B _ Y

N _ M _ D

S _ _

Edie(Y)-2
Ibby(L)-0
Blacula(B)-1

Edie may guess a vowel, consonant or solve.
Blacula may guess a consonant or solve.
Ibby or anyone else may guess a consonant.
I'll take a guess!

PEGGY
&
A
BOY
NAMED
SUE
CORRECT!!!
I think I could have gotten it after the first round, except I got hung up on the idea that N _ M _ _ was going to be NOMAD, and even though I thought of NAMED as a possibility, I didn't really spend nearly as much time thinking about possible phrases with it in it!
Category: BEFORE AND AFTER

_
_ _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _
_ _ _
_ _ _
_ _ _ _
S for $H!+!
T for Tunisia

Nice one EDE. I was sure N _ M _ D was either Nomad or Named, but had no idea what the others were.
R for Rimbor
N
Category: BEFORE AND AFTER

_
S _ N _
_ _
_ _ R _
_ N _
_ _ _
_ _ _
_ _ _ _

Paladin, S, 1
Invisible Brainiac, T, 0
Kappa Kid, R, 1
Quislet, Esq, N, 2

Quis can choose either a vowel, consonant, or solve.
Paladin and Kappa Kid can choose either a consonant or solve.
Ibby or anyone else can choose a consonant.
I have a sneaking suspicion that I know the first half of the puzzle (and have a strong idea about the rest). However, if I'm correct, the fourth and sixth words are transposed, which would affect the "before and after" nature of the puzzle.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. But if I'm right, I'll attempt to solve:

A
SONG
OF
FIRE
AND
ICE
ICE
BABY?

For the record, if I'm right, it's actually "A Song of Ice and Fire".
Oh crap! You've got it right.

Apologies on my getting the title wrong.
A song of fire and ice rolls off the tongue better that a song of ice and fire. IMHO.

It,like this past summer I went to Bash Bish Falls, but I think Bish Bash Falls sounds better.

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _
S for Slayer

band
"H" for Henry Cow.
M for Micronesia
R for the Rolling Stones

_ H _

H _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ H

_ H _ R _ S

_ _

_ _ _ R _ _

_ R _ _ _ R _ _

H _ _ _ _ _

Kappa(S)-1
Edie(H)-5
Ibby(M)-0
Quis(R)-4

Edie may solve or guess a vowel or consonant.
Kappa and Quis may solve or guess a consonant.
Ibby or anyone else may guess a consonant.
The Hallelujah Chorus by George Frideric Handel
^^I agree. wink
The Hallelujah Chorus by George Frideric Handel

That's CORRECT!!! I suspect the puzzle would have gone deeper if not for Edie's "H" guess (the most-appearing consonant in the puzzle) combined with the other correct guesses basically giving away "CHORUS".

However...

^^I agree. wink

...your agreement nets you NOTHING, Edie! lol

Puzzle us, Quis!
^ Edie deserves that for his pop culture fail in his last puzzle! lol
Bah! Is it my fault that George R. R. Martin failed to see the obvious advantages of titling his work in such a way that it could be combined with a cheesy white rap song in order to produce an awesome Wheel of Fortune clue! laugh
He lacks foresight wink
Before & After

_ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _
R for reverse
M for Macedonia
I'd like to dial "H" for Hero!
Before & After

_ H _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ R _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ R _

Kappa Kid R- 2 may guess a vowel, consonant, or solve
Paladin H- 1 may guess a consonant or solve
Invisible Brainiac M- 0 may guess a consonant
T for Thrombosis
F for Finland
E for electric
N.
Before & After

THE

_ _ N _

_ F

_ ERN _ _ ETTE

_ ETER _

Kappa Kid E- 6 may guess consonant, or solve
Paladin T- 4 may guess a consonant or solve
EDE N- 2 may guess a consonant or solve
Invisible Brainiac F- 1 may guess a consonant or solve

Guessed: M

If I am not mistaken we don't count vowels towards the most guessed letters. But if a vowel is the most letters, does that mean no one can guess a vowel or can the person with the most consonants in this round guess a vowel?
Vowels don't count toward next round vowel guess, so it would be most consonants in that round who is rewarded vowel power, even if it wasn't the most letters overall.
I'll guess:

THE
SONG
OF
BERNADETTE
PETERS
No sense dragging this out.

EDE is correct.
bump for EDE
Category: AT THE MOVIES

_ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
T for Tarantino
F for For
S for Sierra Leone
H for Hookah!

F _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _

Kappa, T, 0
Quis, F, 1
Ibby, S, 0
Lardy, H, 0

Quis may choose a vowel, a consonant, or to solve.
A in my vowel
M for Mammoth
R for Rotten Tomatoes!
N for Netherlands

F A _
_ R A _
_ N
_ _ N _
_ _ N _

Kappa, M, 0
Quis, A, 2
Ibby, N, 3
Lardy, R, 1

Incorrect: T, S, H, M

Ibby can choose a consonant, a vowel, or to solve.
Quis or Lardy can choose a consonant or to solve.
Kappa or anyone else may choose a consonant.
Fay Wray in King Kong
Over to you, Quis!
O for Oman
Event

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _
PS: Invisible Brainiac, your vowel guess does not count. Feel free to guess a consonant
Oops, missed your correct guess. My bad. Thanks, Quis.

T for Turkey
R for Ramen
"H" for Hindenburg Disaster
Event

_ _ _

_ R _ _ _

_ _ R _ _ _

Kappa Kid - R (2) may solve, guess a vowel or consonant
Invisible Brainiac - T (0) may guess a consonant
EDE - H (0) may guess a consonant
A for Apricot
"L" for lice infestation.
S for Syphilis
M for Monaco
Event

_ A _

_ R _ _ _

_ ARA _ _

Kappa Kid - A (3) may solve, guess a consonant
Invisible Brainiac - M (0) may guess a consonant
EDE - L (0) may guess a consonant
Paladin - S (0) may guess a consonant

Guessed letters: T, H
I'll try "P" for pillow fight.
C for Condoms
O for Origami
O for Origami

You have to guess a consonant, Kappa. Vowel guessing is earned with consonants. No one can guess vowels tow rounds in a row.
Whoops!

B for Boy
N for Nepal
Event

_ A _

PR _ _ _

PARA _ _

EDE - P (2) may solve, guess a vowel, or a consonant
Kappa Kid - B (0) may guess a consonant
Invisible Brainiac - N (0) may guess a consonant
Paladin - C (0) may guess a consonant

Guessed letters: T, H, M, L, S
Crap! I know the answer too! frown

D for Dog
G for Grenada
I will attempt to solve:

GAY
PRIDE
PARADE
I think IB knew the answer too Kappa Kid, But EDE has the correct answer.

Over to EDE
Category: Comics

_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _'_
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
S is my guess
D for Duplicate Boy.
M for Mordru
T for Turd
L for Luxembourg

I think IB knew the answer too Kappa Kid, But EDE has the correct answer.

Over to EDE

I actually didn't, would you believe? I knew "Parade".

M _ S T _ _
M _ _ _ _ T L _'S
_ _ _ L _ _ _ _ _
M _ S S
_ S _ T L S _ _

Quis, S, 6
Blacs, D, 0
Kappa, M, 3
Paladin, T, 3
Ibby, L, 3

Quis can choose a vowel, consonant, or to solve.
Kappa, Paladin, or Ibby can choose a consonant or to solve.
Blacula or anyone else may choose a consonant.
Y for Yemen
Y for Yemen
A is the vowel I choose
Good thing I didn't get a letter correct because I still wouldn't have known the answer.

R for Rick Crane.
K for King
I know every word but that last one. (Or maybe not--Edie, are you sure there isn't a "D" in that third word?) I guess I'm not that up on my ______ mythology. I could Google it, but I would feel like a big, fat cheater! So....

N for Nardo.
Oh crap! You're right about the "D"! Duh!

In fact, I left off a whole space!

Weird that that would be the one word I would mess up in this clue!

M _ S T _ R
M _ Y _ _ T L K'S
_ _ R L _ R _ _ N D
M _ S S
_ S _ T L S N _

Quis, A, 0
Blacs, R, 3
Kappa, K, 1
Paladin, N, 2
Ibby, Y, 1

Blacula can choose a vowel, a consonant, or to solve.
Kappa, Paladin, or Ibby can choose a consonant or to solve.
Quis or anyone else can choose a consonant.
P for Palau

Can't figure out the last few words...
I don't know the last word either.

G for Gil'Dishpan.
Dang I picked the wrong vowel

X is the consonant I pick

Z for ZOINKS!

M _ S T _ R
M X Y Z P T L K'S
G _ R L _ R _ _ N D
M _ S S
G S P T L S N Z

Quis, X, 1
Blacs, G, 2
Paladin, Z, 2
Ibby, P, 2

Tie, so no vowels.
Any of you four can choose a consonant or to solve.
M I S T E R
M X Y Z P T L K'S
G I R L F R I E N D
M I S S
G S P T L S N Z
That is correct!

Miss Gsptlsnz (originally Gzptlsnz) first appeared in the Silver Age, and perhaps is most famous for having once turned Jimmy Olsen into a human porcupine! This "pissed off an imp" origin was later grafted onto the Legion's own Porcupine Pete.

She re-appeared occasionally starting in the 90s, and tends to be depicted as a sexy redhead these days due to Bruce Timm's re-design for the Superman Animated series!
I almost went just went with KLTPZYXM as the puzzle!
I think I kinda deserved this one because I had all but the last word figured out very early. Amusingly, I had once thought about using Mxy's name because of the novelty of the no-vowel thing but passed for whatever reason. nod

She re-appeared occasionally starting in the 90s, and tends to be depicted as a sexy redhead these days due to Bruce Timm's re-design for the Superman Animated series!

But how do you say her name? confused
I believe it's "Gez-pit-lez-niz".
Category: TV

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Including Mxy's name is an inspired choice for a puzzle. Good going guys.

T for Togo
S for Sabrina the Teenage Witch
"L" for Lost.
R for Radiation

_ _ L _ _ _

_ _ _ _ R _

_

L _ _ _

S T _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Edie(L)-2
Kappa(R)-1
Ibby(T)-1
Quis(S)-1

Edie may choose a vowel, consonant or solve.
Kappa, Ibby and Quis may choose a consonant or solve.
"A" as in Addams Family.
D for Dog
N for Nauru
P as in Partridge Family

_ _ L _ _ D

_ _ _ _ R _

A

L _ _ _

S T _ D _ _

A _ D _ _ N _ _

Edie(A)-2
Kappa(D)-3
Ibby(N)-1
Quis(P)-0

Edie & Ibby may choose a consonant or solve.
Quis & anyone else may choose a consonant.
C for Charles in Charge
E for Elephant
"G" for Green Acres.
B for Barbados
I'm kinda shocked that none of you got it after the last reveal. I thought it was enough! Let's see if this one does it....

_ _ L _ E D

B E _ _ R E

A

L _ _ E

S T _ D _ _

A _ D _ E N C E

Edie(G)-0
Kappa(E)-6
Ibby(B)-1
Quis(C)-1

Kappa, Ibby & Quis may choose a consonant or solve.
Edie & anyone else may choose a consonant.
FILMED
BEFORE
A
LIVE
STUDIO
AUDIENCE
That's.....CORRECT!
Cool!

Okay...

Topic: Profession

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I'll go with "P" as in prostitute.
R for Raconteur
T for Timber Wolf.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ T
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ T _ _ _

Blacula (T) - 2
EDE (P) - 0
Lardy (R) - 0

Blacula can guess a vowel, a consonant or solve
EDE and Lardy can guess a consonant or solve
S for streetwalker.
C for career
I for Imsk.
N for Naughty Nurse
P for Prostitute
Oops, I just realized I accidentally slipped in an extra blank for the second word last round (but I had the correct number of blanks the first time I posted the puzzle). Apologies, everyone. That's the last time I updated a puzzle while using my phone instead of a laptop.

Alas, P has already been guessed, Quis. In any case, it's a wrong answer. This round has run long so I'll just end it.

_ _ N _ _ _ _ _ N T
C _ N S _ _ T I N _

Incorrect: P, R

EDE (S) - 1
Kappa (C) - 1
Blacula (I) - 1
Lardy (N) - 4
Quis (P) - 0

Lardy can solve, guess a vowel, or guess a consonant.
EDE, Kappa and Blacula may solve or guess a consonant.
Quis may guess a consonant.
MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
O for Opportunist
I think Kappa Kid has it.
Kappa indeed has it!
Topic: At the Movies

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
__ __
__ __ __
__ __ __ __

T as in Terminator
F as in the Fugitive
S for Senegal

__ __ __ __ S __ __ __
__ F
T __ __
__ __ __ __
S __ __ T __ __ __ __ S

Letters used: T, F, S

Quis (T) - 2
Lardy (F) - 1
Ibby (S) - 3

Ibby can guess a vowel, consonant, or the puzzle answer.
Quis and Lardy can guess a consonant or the puzzle answer.

E for Ecuador
N for Nosferatu
H for Hellraiser
Update, Kappa?

__ __ __ __ S __ __ N
__ F
T H E
__ __ __ __
S N __ T __ H E __ S

Letters used: T, F, S, N, H, E

Quis (N) - 2
Lardy (H) - 2
Ibby (E) - 2

Since everyone tied, nobody can guess a vowel this round. You may guess a consonant or try and solve though.
Update, Kappa?

Sorry for the delay! blush
INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS?
Yep! Over to you! smile

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _
S for Saudi Arabia
T for Turkey
N for Nothing
R for Rainbow Girl.

_ _ R _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ N

_ _ _

Ibby(S)-0
Kappa(T)-0
Quis(N)-1
Blac(R)-1

We have a tie, so no vowels this round.
Quis or Blacula may solve or guess a consonant.
M for Mekt
L for Libya
B for Blacula

_ _ R M _

_ _ _ M _ L _ _ N

B _ _

Ibby(L)-1
Kappa(M)-2
Quis(B)-1

Kappa may solve or guess a vowel or consonant
Quis or Ibby may solve or guess a consonant.
A for Aardvark
Pat, I'd like to solve

Karma Chameleon Boy
That's correct, Quis! laugh

_ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _
S for Syria
T for Tom

_ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _

T _

_ _ _ _

_ S

_ _ _ _

_ TS _ _ _

IB - S (2) may solve of choose a consonant
Kappa Kid - T (2) may solve or choose a consonant

With a tie, no vowels this next round.
N for Nairobi
H for Houston

_ _ _

_ _

H _ _ _

T _

_ _ _ _

_ S

_ _ _ _

_ TS _ _ _

Kappa Kid - H (1) may solve or choose a consonant or a vowel
IB - N (0) may choose a consonant

A for Apples
B for Barbados
K for Konk.
L for Longfellow

ALL

_ _

HA _ _

T _

_ _ A _

_ S

_ _ A _

_ TS _ L _

Kappa Kid - A (4) may solve or choose a consonant
Paladin - L (3) may solve or choose a consonant (I forget the rule, if the highest number of letters is a vowel, does the person with the highest number of consonants get to pick a vowel?)
IB - B (0) may choose a consonant
Blacula - K (0) may choose a consonant

Already chosen: N

Paladin - L (3) may solve or choose a consonant (I forget the rule, if the highest number of letters is a vowel, does the person with the highest number of consonants get to pick a vowel?)

Yes, the principle being that consonants are harder to come by and that the same person shouldn't earn vowel privileges twice in a row. So I can choose a vowel if I prefer.
By the way, Quis, are your "A"s correctly placed in the 5th and 7th words?
My guessing sucks this puzzle...

M for Mauritius

They are now.

I knew that a vowel being the most letters did not allow you to guess another vowel. I was just unsure if it allowed the highest consonant guess got to guess a vowel.

M for Mauritius

IB, as I made a mistake, you can either keep this as your guess or guess a new consonant.
I'll guess: ALL WE HAVE TO FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF

They are now.

I knew that a vowel being the most letters did not allow you to guess another vowel. I was just unsure if it allowed the highest consonant guess got to guess a vowel.

Yeah, that's how I see it as the game has evolved. Consonants are key, even if the vowels guessed in the round outnumber them.
Paladin, I thought you had it based on catching my mistake.

Your turn

M for Mauritius

IB, as I made a mistake, you can either keep this as your guess or guess a new consonant.

Thanks Quis, but no worries. Lardy knew it anyway.

Good guessing Lardster!
For Paladin's next puzzle I guess N for Nothing
Topic: Same Name

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

&

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _
T for Tron
M for Mexico
W for Winema Wazzo.

T _ _ _ _ _ _

&

_ W _ _ _ M _

_ _ _ _ _

Quis(N)-0
Kap(T)-1
Ib(M)-1
Blac(W)-1

We have a tie for most consonants at 1. So no vowel guesses.
Kappa, Ibby and Blacula may choose a consonant or solve.
Quis or anyone else may guess a consonant.
H for Henry
S for Silver Slasher.
L for Liechtenstein
I was right. N for Nothing

New Guess: Y

T _ _ _ S _ _

&

_ W _ S _ M _

S _ _ _ _

Quis(Y)-0
Kap(H)-0
Ib(L)-0
Blac(S)-3

Blacula may solve or guess a vowel or a consonant.
Changed

B for I think I have it
R for Rwanda
I'm not sure about this but...

TABASCO
&
AWESOME
SAUCE
I'm not sure about this but...

TABASCO
&
AWESOME
SAUCE

CORRECT!!! Only fitting because your random "W" was probably the most important letter revealed in the long run. There may have been more "S"s (which you also selected), but that one was key, I think.
But even they weren't enough to help me get it. I had worked out "Awesome" but it wasn't until I saw how confident Quis was in his "B" that I got "Tabasco". Probably because Tabasco Sauce is something I haven't seen or thought of in about 20 years.

SONG

__ __ __ __

I wondered if my confident guess helped you.

For your puzzle, I guess S for Song
T for Tom
N for New Zealand
L for Let It Be
SONG

__ __ L __

__ __ __ T __ N N __ __

Quislet(S)-0
Kappa(T)-1
IB(N)-2
Paladin(L)-1

IB may a) solve; b) guess a consonant; or c) guess a vowel.
Kappa and Paladin may a) solve or b) guess a consonant.
C for Chorus
I for Iceland
D for Def Leppard
B for Bon Jovi
SONG

__ __ L __

B __ I T __ N N I __

Quislet(C)-0
IB (I)-2
Paladin (D)-0
Kappa (B)-1

Kappa may a) solve; b) guess a consonant; or c) guess a vowel.
IB may a) solve or b) guess a consonant.

Incorrect letters: S, C, D
Rule Britannia?
Rule Britannia?

That's the one! The tune of which has been stuck in my head for about the last 20 years.

Here it is for the non-Anglophiles in the room:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cVZPqxuPFHg
Coolio! thanks for sharing the song, Blacula.

Okay...

TOPIC: FAMOUS TOURIST SPOTS (and country)

_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
T for Tibet
R for Romania

_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ R _

Guessed: T

Kappa (R) - 1
Lardy (T) - 0

Kappa may guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve.
Lardy and anyone else may guess a consonant.
A for Albania
N for Nura Nal.
S for South Africa

_ A _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ R _

Guessed: T, N, S

Kappa (A) - 1
Blacula (N) - 0
Lardy (S) - 0

Kappa may solve or guess a consonant.
Blacula, Lardy and anyone else may guess a consonant.

M for Morocco
C for Costa Rica
F for the Fatal Five.
B for Belize

M A C _ _
_ _ C C _ _
_ _ R _

Guessed: T, N, S

Kappa (M) - 1
Lardy (C) - 3
Blacula (F) - 0
Quis (B) - 0

Lardy may guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve
Kappa may guess a consonant or solve
Blacula, Quis and anyone else may guess a consonant
MACHU PICCHU PERU?
Lardy has it!

Probably #1 or 2 on my bucket list.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _
T for Trinidad and Tobago
S for songbird
M for Metallica

_ _ _ S _ M _

M _ _

_ _ _ _ M _

_ _ _

Ib(T)-0
Quis(S)-1
Kap(M)-3

Quis may choose a consonant or solve.
A for ABBA
D for Djibouti
L for Lyrics

A _ _ S _ M _

M _ _

_ _ L _ M _

_ _ _

Ib(D)-0
Quis(L)-1
Kap(A)-1

Quis may choose a vowel, consonant or solve.
Kappa may choose a consonant or solve.
Wow, I sick at this topic tongue

W for Wales
N for Nirvana
E for Eurythmics

A W _ S _ M E

M _ _

_ _ L _ M E

_ N E

Ib(W)-1
Quis(E)-3
Kap(N)-1

We have a tie on consonants, so no vowels this round.
Quis, Kappa or IB may choose a consonant or solve.
R for Rush
Awesome Mix Volume One?
Yeppers!
Cool thanks! New puzzle up soon
I guess N for Nothing
Post one later this morning. Apologies, just got back from abroad.
Category:

Holidays

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _

I'll fill in Quis' guess of N later.

Apologies again for the delay.
R for Ramadan
Y for Yera Allon.
M for Molly
Holidays

_ N _ _ _ _ N _ _ N _ _
_ _ Y

Also guessed: R, M

Quis (N) - 3
Lardy (R) - 0
Blacula (Y) - 1
Kappa (M) - 1

Depsite Blacula's shrewd guess of Y, Quis wins the most-guessed consonant prize!

Quis may solve, guess a vowel, or guess a consonant.
Blacula may solve or guess a consonant.
Lardy, Kappa and anyone else may guess a consonant.
^ Haha I can't believe no one guessed 'D'.

I'm going to attempt a solve:

INDEPENDENCE
DAY

Blacula has it! Good guessing!
No fair having a non-United Statian solve that puzzle
smile I think IB should have named his category 'Holidays and/or Movie Titles'.

My category:

OBJECT

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
__ __ __ __ __
Pretty much every country has its own Independence Day smile
Guessing C for Cambodia

That just can't be.
S for Something else else
R for rock

That just can't be.

I smell a conspiracy theory about how all countries are in reality subordinate to a secret overlord pulling strings all over the world.

The many countries still in the Commonwealth beg to differ with you. wink

OBJECT

__ __ __ C __ __ __ __
S __ __ R __

Three-way tie!

IB, Quiz and Pal may guess a consonant or solve.
Everyone else may guess a consonant.
T for Tuvalu

The many countries still in the Commonwealth beg to differ with you. wink

I guess that teaches me tongue Perhaps more accurate to say National Day - I think Commonwealth members have that?
H for hardware
N for Nothing
OBJECT

__ __ __ C H __ __ N
S __ __ R __

Another tie!

Quiz and Pal may guess a consonant or solve.
IB and everyone else may guess a consonant.

INCORRECT LETTERS: T
L for Lamp
Y for Yes
OBJECT

__ __ L C H __ __ N
S __ __ R __

Pal may guess a vowel, a consonant or solve.

INCORRECT LETTERS: T, Y
missed a round!

M for Monaco
E for Elephant
P for Please
OBJECT

__ __ L C H __ __ N
S __ __ R __

Is this a first? No correct letters!

Everyone may guess a consonant.

INCORRECT LETTERS: T, Y, M, E, P
G for Guatemala
D for Doll
K for Kaput
OBJECT

__ __ L C H __ __ N
S __ __ R D

One letter correct. Will it be enough to solve it?

Pal may guess a consonant, a vowel or solve.

INCORRECT LETTERS: T, Y, M, E, P, G, K
W for Wales
B Because
A for Apple
OBJECT

__ A L C H __ __ N
S W __ R D

I'm not sure how to reward this round. Is it considered a draw because IB and Pal both got a letter right? Or does Pal's letter not count because it was a vowel and so IB gets to guess a vowel in the next round?

Either way, IB and Pal may both guess a consonant or solve (and IB may or may not also have the option to pick a vowel).
Quis and everyone else may guess a consonant.

INCORRECT LETTERS: T, Y, M, E, P, G, K, B
F

I'm not sure how to reward this round. Is it considered a draw because IB and Pal both got a letter right? Or does Pal's letter not count because it was a vowel and so IB gets to guess a vowel in the next round?

I am not sure either. I think this is one where I would defer to Lardy as the creator of this game smile
Guessing though....

Falchion Sword?
You got it IB. An itemI first discovered back in my early Dungeons & Dragons days.

I always loved the name though. I think it would make a great band name.

Over to you.

I am not sure either. I think this is one where I would defer to Lardy as the creator of this game smile

The ability to guess a vowel always goes to the person who guessed the most consonants. No one may guess a vowel in consecutive rounds. Consonants always determine who gets the opportunity to pick a vowel. Vowels themselves are irrelevant toward the next round's vowel consideration.

And, of course, a tie for the most consonants in a round means no one gets to pick a vowel next round.

Clear enough?
BTW, I suspected "sword" as the second word for the last 3 or 4 rounds. Unfortunately, I never had any idea what the first word might be! My best guess the previous round was "Balchain Sword", but a Google search (which I'm normally loathe to use in this game) turned up nothing, so I guessed a vowel instead of potentially embarrassing myself! blush
You obviously haven't played enough Dungeons & Dragons! (Although I'm not sure if it's still an item in the game anymore.)

And thanks for the rules clarification.
I guess S for Invisible Brainiac's puzzle
Topic: Nature

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
R for Rabbit
M for Mountains

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Guessed: S, R, M

Anybody may guess a consonant.
N for Nature
V for Victory
L for Light Lass.

_ _ _ _ _ _ N

Guessed: S, R, M, V, L

Lardy may guess a vowel (one N in puzzle), a consonant, or solve

Quis, Blacula and anyone else may guess a consonant
C for Chicken
O for Ocean
B for Brek Bannin.

_ _ _ _ O O N

Guessed: S, R, M, V, L, C, B

As nobody guessed a correct consonant, nobody may guess a vowel this round.

Lardy may solve or guess a consonant

Quis, Blacula and anyone else may guess a consonant
T for Tiger?
P for Pulsar Stargrave.
Y for Yes
Oh no, so sorry for leaving this round open so long. I remember making a mental note to end the round, but I must have missed the thread.

T Y P _ O O N

Guessed: S, R, M, V, L, C, B

I think next poster will solve it. Or for that matter, anyone who guesses the correct consonant.
Um....TYPHOON?

wink
Typhoon it is! 'Tis the season in the region. wink

Over to you Lardy.
Category: Popular Fiction

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

&

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
M for Micronesia
Those are long words.

R for Rimbor.
T as in Title

_ R _ _ _ _ _ _ _ R

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

R _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

&

_ _ _ T _ _ R _ _

Ibby(M)-0
Blacula(R)-4
Quis(T)-1

Blacula may solve or guess a vowel or a consonant.
Quis may solve or guess a consonant.
L for Lebanon
A for Anti-Lad.
S as in Superman

_ R _ _ _ _ _ _ _ R

_ _ _ _ L _ _ _ _ _

R A _ _ _ _ L A _

&

S L _ T _ _ R _ _

Ibby(L)-3
Blacula(A)-2
Quis(S)-1

Incorrect letters: M

Ibby may solve or guess a vowel or a consonant.
Quis or Blacula may solve or guess a consonant.
Gryffindor
Hufflepuff
Ravenclaw
and
Slytherin
That's correct, darn it! tease
Were you expecting the puzzle to last longer? tongue

_ _ _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
I wouldn't have been able to guess that but it's been many years since I read Harry Potter.

N for Naltor.
F for Food
T as in Taco

_ _ _ _ _
_ F
_ _ _ _ _ _

Also guessed: N, T

Lardy (F) - 1 may guess a vowel, guess a consonant, or solve.
Blacula, Quis and anyone else may guess a consonant
E for Edible Underwear
C for Crystal Kid.

C _ E _ _
_ F
_ _ _ _ _ _

Lardy (E) - 1
Blacula (C) - 1

Blacula may guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve
Lardy may guess a consonant or solve
R for Rotini
M for Marla Latham.

C R E _ M
_ F
_ _ _ _ _ _

Lardy (R) - 1
Blacula (M) - 1

Also guessed: N, T

Lardy and Blacula may guess a consonant or solve
D for dulce de leche
G for Green Tea
cool, we have a new player!
P as in Punch
No new letters filled in this round.

C R E _ M
_ F
_ _ _ _ _ _

Also guessed: N, T, D, G, P

Anyone may guess a consonant
S for starfruit
H for Hummus
L for Dr Landro.

C R E _ M
_ F
S _ _ _ S H

Also guessed: N, T, D, G, P, L

Sarky (S) - 2
Lardy (H) - 1
Blacula (L) - 0

Sarky may guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve.
Lardy may guess a consonant, or solve.
Blacula and anyone else may guess a consonant.

A for Avocado
Q
CREAM OF SQUASH?
Yes!!!

I inherited the recipe from my grandma. It is one of my most requested dishes. Family and friends love it

_ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _
H for "Honey" by Ushirogami Hikaretai
S for Sao Tome and Principe
T as in Tone Loc

T H _

_ _ S _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _

S T _ _ _ _ S T

_ _ _

T H _

S _ _ _ _ _ S

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ S

Sarky(H)-2
Ibby-(S)-6
Quis(T)-4

Ibby may pick a vowel or a consonant or solve.
Quis and Sarky may pick a consonant or solve.
Anyone else may pick a consonant.
E for El Salvador
R for "Rinbu Revolution" by Masami Okui
P as in Prince

T H E

R _ S E

_ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _

S T _ R _ _ S T

_ _ _

T H E

S P _ _ E R S

_ R _ _

_ _ R S

Sarky(R)-5
Ibby-(E)-4
Quis(P)-1

Sarky may pick a vowel or a consonant or solve.
Quis and Ibby may pick a consonant or solve.
L as in Liberace
I for "Infinity" by Megumi Hayashibara
D for Denmark

T H E

R I S E

_ _ D

_ _ L L

_ _

_ I _ _ _

S T _ R D _ S T

_ _ D

T H E

S P I D E R S

_ R _ _

_ _ R S

Sarky(I)-3
Ibby-(D)-4
Quis(L)-2

Ibby may pick a vowel or a consonant or solve.
Sarky and Quis may pick a consonant or solve.
The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars?
Yep! A classic album from the late, great David Bowie! band
Awesome! smile

Okay...

Capital and Country

_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
R for Russia.
T for Tanzania
S as in Spain

Capital and Country

_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ S

Lardy (R) - 0
Sarky (T) - 0
Quis (S) - 1

Quis can guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve.
Lardy, Sarky and anyone else may guess a consonant
A as in America
L for Liberia
H for Haiti
Capital and Country

_ A L _
_ A L _ _ _ _ S

Also guessed: R, T, H

Lardy (L) - 2
Sarky (H) - 0
Quis (A) - 2

Lardy can guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve.
Quis can guess a consonant or solve.
Sarky and anyone else may guess a consonant
I for Indonesia
M for Montreal
D for Dvron.
Male
Maldives
Quis has it! Male, Maldives. A crowded little capital city on a very small island.
Historical Event

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _
T for Timor-Leste
R for Roon Dvron.
S for Silver Age
W for the War of Roses
Historical Event

T _ _

_ _ ST _ _

_ _ _ _ SS _ S

_ _ _ _ _

Paladin S - 4 May solve, guess vowel of consonant
Invisibile Brainiac T - 2 May solve of guess a consonant
Blacula R - 0 May guess a consonant
Sarcasm Lad W - 0 May guess a consonant
H for Hiroshima (Is that too morbid)
L for Luxembourg
A for Armistice
Historical Event

TH _

_ _ ST _ _

_ _ LASS _ S

_ L _ _ _

Invisibile Brainiac T - 2 May solve, guess a vowel or a consonant
Paladin A - 1 May solve or guess a consonant
Sarcasm Lad H - 1 May solve or guess a consonant

Previously guessed: R, W

All others may guess a consonant
M for Manifest Destiny
N for Nigerian Civil War
E for El Salvador
Historical Event

THE

_ _ ST _ N

M _ LASSES

_ L _ _ _

Invisibile Brainiac E - 2 May solve, or a consonant
Paladin N - 1 May solve or guess a consonant
Sarcasm Lad M - 1 May solve or guess a consonant

No Vowel guesses this round.

Previously guessed: R, W

THE BOSTON MOLASSES FLOOD?
That is correct.

21 people died in it.

Here's a link to an article with a picture of the aftermath

And a link to a video on it
I'd never heard of it but figured it out thru process of elimination. That's really weird!
I had heard of it before, but didn't make the connection until I was sure the second word was Molasses! Good guessing, Lardy, and awesome puzzle, Quis.
Category: Fictional Organizations

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ ,

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
S for "SCYTHE"
L for the League of Super-Assassins
F as in Fraternal
T for Togo
Category: Fictional Organizations

S _ _ S

_ F

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ T _ _ _ _ _ L _

_ L _ _ ,

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ L

Sarky(S)-2
Blacula(L)-3
Quis(F)-1
Ibby(T)-1

Blacula may choose a vowel or a consonant or solve.
Sarky, Quis and Ibby may choose a consonant or solve.
N for NATO
O for Ol-Vir
C for Cabo Verde
M as in Masons
S O N S

O F

_ N _ _ C _ _

M O T O _ C _ C L _

C L _ _ ,

_ _ _ _ O O _

O _ _ _ _ N _ L

Sarky(N)-3
Blacula(O)-7
Quis(M)-1
Ibby(C)-4

Ibby may choose a vowel or a consonant or solve.
Sarky, Quis and Blacula may choose a consonant or solve.
E for Egypt
Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, Redwood Original
Originally Posted by Sarcasm Kid
Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, Redwood Original

Ding! You got it, Sarky!

Now, we finally get to see what kind of puzzle Sarcasm Kid will come up with!!! band
Oh my gosh this is so unexpected. I'd like to thank Mom and Dad, Uncle Jerry, the twins, Sister Magdalene, the Crenshaw Sisters for this moment.

I'll be giving a category pertaining to something I've never spoken about on here before to make you guys really think.

Historical Fiction

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
N for North and South
Yay, first puzzle for Sarky!!

S as in Snake
G for the Gorilla Nebula
Category: Historical Fiction

_ _ _ _

_ S _ _ _

T _ _

_ _ S _

_ _

_ _ _ S _ _ _ _ _ S

Used Words: G, N, S, T

Quislet (S) - 4: May use a vowel, consonant, or solve
IB (T) - 1: May use a consonant or solve
Paladin (N) - 0: May use a consonant
Blacula (G) - 0: May use a consonant

That's how it's done according to the rules, right?
That is how it is done SK. You might want to keep the puzzle category on top of the puzzle each time you add letters.

A as in Alternative history
H for Haiti
F for (A) Farewell to Arms
B for Beauty Blaze

_ A _ _

_ S _ A _

T H _

_ _ S _

_ F

_ _ _ S A _ _ _ _ S

Used Words: A, B, F, H, G, N, S, T

QUISLET (A) - 3: May guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
IB (H) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
PALADIN (F) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
BLACULA (B) - 0: May guess a consonant
R for Romania
L for Last of the Mohicans
M for Murdermaton
P as in Pseudohistory.

SK: only the person who guesses the most consonants gets to guess a vowel. In this case no one guessed the most consonants, therefore no one gets to guess a vowel. If, say, there had been 2 Fs, then Paladin would have been able to guess a vowel even though I guessed more letters than he did.
Good catch Quis, thanks. I agree with your interpretation of the rules.
That's correct. I should have caught that last night. In my defense it was really late!
Okay, I think I got it.

L A _ _

_ S _ A R

T H _

R _ S _

_ F

_ _ R S A _ L L _ S

Used Words: A, B, F, H, G, L, M, N, R, P, S, T

QUISLET (P) - 0: May guess a consonant
IB (R) - 3: May guess a vowel, consonant, or solve
PALADIN (L) - 3: May guess a vowel, consonant, or solver
BLACULA (M) - 0: May guess a consonant

Like that, right? Or since IB guessed the most consonants first does only he get to use vowels?
Actually, neither of us get a vowel because we both guessed the same number of consonants.
What Lardy said. Thanks, Lardy

And thanks for arranging the "already guessed" letters alphabetically Sarky

V for Vatican
C for Cry Freedom
Actually, neither of us get a vowel because we both guessed the same number of consonants.

Thanks. Sorry, I'm still new at this. I thought I read the rules correctly.
No big deal. Even the regulars get mixed up occasionally!
K as in um...um... K

Saw that Paladin took C

L A _ _

_ S C A R

T H _

R _ S _

_ F

V _ R S A _ L L _ S

Used Words: A, B, C, F, G, H, K, L, M, N, R, P, S, T, V

IB (V) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
PALADIN (C) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
QUISLET (K) - 0: May guess a consonant
Hmmm... can't figure out the first word...

D for Dominica
Okay, I'm not familiar with this, but I had a guess and Googled it: LADY OSCAR THE ROSE OF VERSAILLES?
Hmm, I would have guessed Rise, but Rose makes sense!
Okay, I'm not familiar with this, but I had a guess and Googled it: LADY OSCAR THE ROSE OF VERSAILLES?

Oh! Oh! I know the answer to this one! It's... yes.

Lady Oscar, a.k.a. the Rose of Versailles, was a 70s shoujo manga written and illustrated by Riyoko Ikeda. Originally, the story was about Marie Antoinette, but Oscar proved so popular she became the main character in the anime adaption.

Oscar is woman raised as a boy by her father, intending for her to lead the Royal Guard. Oscar was incredibly popular with women, and the series is considered one of the most influential in the shoujo AND yuri genres. For those who don't know, yuri refers to stories about romantic relationships between women.

This post pretty much says it all: http://yamino.tumblr.com/post/76754065000/lady-oscar-commander-of-the-french-royal-guard

So now it's Paladin's turn again.
Great first puzzle SK

_ _ _ _

_

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
N for Nicaragua
F for Fuschia
S as in sequential

_ _ _ _

_

F _ _ _ N _

_ _

_ _ _ _

_ N

_ _ S _ S

_ F

S _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Ibby(N)-2
Sarky(F)-2
Quis(S)-3

Quis may choose a vowel or a consonant or solve.
Sarky and Ibby may choose a consonant or solve.
Foregoing a vowel

T as in To
J for Jasper
D for Denmark

_ _ _ T

_

F _ _ _ N D

_ _

_ _ _ _

_ N

J _ S _ S

_ F

S _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Ibby(D)-1
Sarky(J)-1
Quis(T)-1

A tie, so no vowels this round.
Quis, Sarky and Ibby may choose a consonant or solve.
R as in Really
V for Verity
H for Hungary

_ H _ T

_

F R _ _ N D

_ _

H _ V _

_ N

J _ S _ S

_ F

S _ _ _ R _ _ _

Ibby(H)-2
Sarky(V)-1
Quis(R)-2

Another tie, so no vowels this round.
Quis, Sarky and Ibby may choose a consonant or solve.
W for Watermelon Tourmaline
What a friend we have in Jesus of Suburbia
What a friend we have in Jesus of Suburbia

That's correct! Had to find a way to work my favorite Green day song into a Before and After!
Event

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
S for Singapore
B for Budapest
C for candidates debate
Event

_ _ _ _ _ _ C

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

C _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Paladin C - 2 May guess a vowel, consonant or solve
Invisible Brainiac S - 0 may guess a consonant
Sarcasm Kid B - 0 may guess a consonant

All others may guess a consonant.
I for Inquisition
H for Hey That's My Tractor
L for Laos
Event

_ L _ _ _ IC

_ _ _ _ I _ _

C _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Paladin I - 2 May guess a consonant or solve
Invisible Brainiac L - 1 may guess a consonant, a vowel, or solve
Sarcasm Kid H - 0 may guess a consonant

Guessed letters: B, S
A for Austria
R for Rose Quartz
M for Mardi Gras
P for Pol Krinn.
Event

_ L _ MPIC

_ P _ _ I _ _

C _ R _ M _ _ _

Paladin M - 2 may guess a consonant or solve
Invisible Brainiac A - 0 may guess a consonant
Sarcasm Kid R - 1 may guess a consonant or solve
Blacula P - 2 may guess a consonant or solve

Guessed letters: B, H, S
Olympic Opening Ceremony
That is correct SK.

Who said I am not timely? smirk
IRON MAN

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _,

_ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
T as in Tony
S for Stark
R for Rhodey (R.I.P. frown )
IRON MAN

S _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _,

_ _ _ T _

_ _

_ _ S T _ _ _ T _ _ _

Used Words: R, S, T

QUIS (T): 3 - May guess a vowel, consonant, or solve
IB (S): 2 - May guess a consonant or solve
PALADIN (R): 0 - May guess a consonant
P for Pepper Potts
N for Nitro
A as in Anthony
S _ _ _ N _ _

_ _

_ _ _ P A N _ _ N,

_ _ A T _

_ _

_ _ S T _ N A T _ _ N

USED LETTERS: A, N, P, R, S, T

IB (N) - 5: May guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
QUISLET (A) - 3: May guess a consonant or solve
PALADIN (P) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
H as in Happy
C for Constrictor
I for Iron Man
IRON MAN

S I _ _ N C _

_ _

C _ _ P A N I _ N,

_ _ A T H

_ _

_ _ S T I N A T I _ N

IB (I) - 4: May guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
PALADIN (C) - 2: May guess a consonant or solve
QUISLET (H) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
SILENCE MY COMPANION, DEATH MY DESTINATION?
Yes!

This was an episode of the 90s Iron Man animated series. The conflict of the story dealt with Tony trying to figure out a new energy source to power his armor. Meanwhile, the Mandarin arranges to have Julia Carpenter's daughter Rachel kidnapped to place Iron Man in a trap where his armor's power will be quickly depleted.

The day is saved when Tony figures out a way to use Rachel's walkman to power his armor through sound energy.

As best to my knowledge, the episode included a piano remix of the end credits theme.
Category: Rhyme Time

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _
S for San Marino
T as in Thyme

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

Ibby(S)-0
Quis(T)-0

N for Nepal
H as in Happy

H _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

Ibby(N)-0
Quis(H)-1

Quis may guess a vowel or consonant or solve.
Y for Yemen
Foregoing a vowel, I guess L as in Limerick
P as in Peter Piper

H _ _ _ Y

P _ _ _ Y

Ibby(Y)-2
Quis(L)-0
Sarky(P)-1

Wrong letters: N, L, S, T

Ibby may guess a vowel or consonant or solve.
Sarky may guess a consonant or solve.
B for Blackbirds, four and twenty
A for Angola
C as in Copy

H _ _ _ Y

P _ _ _ Y

Ibby(A)-0
Quis(C)-0
Sarky(B)-0

Wrong letters: N, L, S, T, A, C, B

K as in Kappa
M for Mary Mary quite contrary
R for Rarotonga

H _ K _ Y

P _ K _ Y

Ibby(R)-0
Quis(K)-2
Sarky(M)-0

Wrong letters: N, L, S, T, A, C, B, R, M

....and we're out of consonants!

Quis may guess a vowel or solve.

If Quis can do neither, by some chance, then anyone else may have the opportunity to guess a vowel or solve on a first come/first serve basis. But only IF Quis can neither solve nor correctly guess a vowel!
Ah! I know it now!
This is what it is all about

Hokey Pokey
put yer left foot in, and shake it all about, Quis--cuz you are correct!
Before and After

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
L for Lebanon
S for Sugah
Before and After

_ _ _ _ L _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Invisible Brainiac 5 L - 1 May guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve
Paladin S - 0 May guess a consonant
E for Ecuador
D for Do Shut Up
B for Booger
Before and After

_ _ _ _ L _ _

_ _ _ _ _ E

D _ _ _ _ _ _ E

Sarcasm Kid D - 1 May guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve
Invisible Brainiac 5 E - 2 May guess a consonant or solve
Paladin B - 0 May guess a consonant
R for Rigid
I for I get to use a vowel
T for Tanzania
Before and After

_ _ RIL _ _

_ _ _ R _ E

D _ _ TRI _ E

Paladin R - 3 May guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve
Invisible Brainiac T - 1 May guess a consonant or solve
Sarcasm Kid I - 2 May guess a consonant or solve

Letters guessed: B, S
M for My God! What are you doing to the cat?!
A for Arse.
C for Cameroon
Before and After

MARIL _ _

M _ _ R _ E

D _ CTRI _ E

Sarcasm Kid M - 2 May guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve
Invisible Brainiac C - 1 May guess a consonant or solve
Paladin A - 1 May guess a consonant or solve

Letters guessed: B, S
Marilyn Monroe Doctrine?
That is correct. It also was a run on one of the early inane one word post threads.
Nice puzzle, Quis.

Let's see...

HOLIDAYS AND CUSTOMS

_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _

S as in Samhain
T for Thanksgiving
L for Labor Day
HOLIDAYS AND CUSTOMS

_ _ L _
_ _ _ _

Also guessed: S, T

Quis (S) - 0
Sarky (T) - 0
Lardy (L) - 1

Lardy may solve, choose a vowel, or choose a consonant.
Quis, Sarky, and anyone else may choose a consonant.

E for Eggnog
Does Y count as a vowel?
I don't count Y as a vowel smile
Then Y as in You Gotta Be Kidding Me
G as in Great Pumpkin
_ _ L Y
_ E E _

Also guessed: S, T, G

Lardy (E) - 2
Sarky (Y) - 1
Quis (G) - 0

Sarky may solve, choose a vowel, or choose a consonant.
Lardy may solve or choose a consonant.
Quis and anyone else may choose a consonant.
W for Wassel
K as in Kwanza
Is it Holy Week?
It is indeed Holy Week! Often the longest weekend of the year here in the Philippines.
Cool. So it's my turn again.

FAMOUS GAY COUPLES IN FICTION

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

And

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _
Ooh I like this puzzle.

S for Sean Hayes
R for Raven-Symoné
T as in Mr. T (What? He wasn't gay??? oh well)

_ _ R _ _ _

T _ _ _ _

And

_ _ _ _ _ R _

_ _ _ _ _

Used Letters: R, S, T

PALADIN (R) - 2: May guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
QUIS (T) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
IB (S) - 0: May guess a consonant
N as in Neil Patrick Harris
D for David Burtka
E for Ellen Degeneres

_ _ R _ _ _

T E N _ _

And

_ _ _ _ _ R _

_ _ _ _ _

Used Letters: D, E, N, R, S, T

PALADIN (E) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
QUIS (N) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
IB (D) - 0: May guess a consonant
Wow I am bad at this tongue

M for Matt Dallas (and husband Blue Hamilton - they are so adorable)
L for Lance Bass
P as in Paul Lynne

_ _ R _ _ _

T E N _ _

And

M _ _ _ _ R _

_ _ _ _ _

Used Letters: D, E, L, M, N, P, R, S, T

PALADIN (L) - 0: May guess a consonant
QUIS (P) - 0: May guess a consonant
IB (M) - 1: May guess a vowel, consonant, or solve
Yay I finally got a vowel!

A for Anderson Cooper (and boyfriend Benjamin Maisani)
Y for Darren Young (wrestler)
Z as in Zachary Quinto

_ A R _ _ A

T E N _ _

And

M _ _ _ _ R _

_ A _ _ _

Used Letters: A, D, E, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, Y, Z

IB (A) - 3: May guess a consonant or solve
PALADIN (Y) - 0: May guess a consonant
QUISLET (Z) - 0: May guess a consonant
No vowel guesses this round SK. Only most consonants get to guess a vowel.

C as in Cher
Edited.
Thanks for also listing the correctly guessed letters in the "already guessed" section. Big help.

K for Kate Kane
F for Fred Schneider of the B-52's

_ A R _ K A

T E N _ _

And

M _ C _ _ R _

K A _ _ _

Used Letters: A, C, D, E, F, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, Y, Z

QUISLET (C) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
IB (K) - 2: May guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
PALADIN (F) - 0: May guess a consonant
H for Hartley Rathaway (The Pied Piper)
I for Invisible Kid Lyle Norg and Chemical King Condo Arlik
Crap! I had the K in the first word in the wrong place the whole time! I'm so sorry everyone.
It's OK, I have made that mistake too. It happens smile
B as in I have no idea.

H A R _ K A

T E N _ H

And

M I C H I R _

K A I _ H

Used Letters: A, B, C, D, E, F, H, I, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, Y, Z

QUISLET (B) - 0: May guess a consonant
IB (I) - 3: May guess a consonant or solve
PALADIN (H) - 4: May guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
Ah, Japanese names. So that's why the consonant patterns were like so...

Guessing

Haruka Tenoh
And
Michiru Kaioh
Yes!

Haruka and Michiru, a.k.a. Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune, are from "Sailor Moon." Haruka is a butch to Michiru's femme. Haruka is a 16 year old world famous racing star and Michiru is a renowned classical violinist and painter.

And they are literally the GAYEST, most devoted couple you've ever seen. The ending sequence to the newest Sailor Moon anime was a duet between the two of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PIfPZSorwA

To put into more context on how devoted they are to one another, just watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJy61IgmCiM

Haruka is the super serious devoted soldier consistently ready to sacrifice herself and get her hands dirty, as is Michiru but to a less obsessive degree. Haruka's a notorious flirt, but is often unable to receive flirting back, which gives Michiru plenty of chances to mess with her head. Michiru, as calm, dignified, and enchanting as she is, is also the biggest, most unapologetic troll ever. She's not malicious or cruel, but she loves making subtle remarks hidden under a veil of sweetness just to get a reaction out of people.

In the fifth season of the 90s Sailor Moon anime, these two were practically incapable of speaking to each other without making double entendres about the gargantuan amounts of sex they are clearly having.

You guys really need to watch Sailor Moon. I'm surprised so few people talk about on here.
So IB it's your turn.
Thanks Sarky! I will post a new puzzle later today. My internet is terrible now
For IB's puzzle

S as in Sometime
Topic: Cartoons

_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _
N for Now You're Talking
Topic: Cartoons

_ _ _ S
_ _ N N _

Quis (S) - 1
Sarky (N) - 2

Sarky may solve, guess a consonant, or guess a vowel
Quis may solve or guess a consonant
Bugs Bunny
Quis has it! That was fast!
Book/Movie Title

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _
N for Not This Again
F for Fiji
S for Star Wars
Book/Movie Title

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ N _

_ _ _

_ _ N _ _ _

_ _

_ N _ _

_ _ _ _ _

S _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ F _ _ _ _

_ _

_ S _

Sarcasm Kid N-3 may guess a vowel, consonant, or solve
Paladin S-2 may guess a consonant or solve
Invisible Brainiac F-1 may guess a consonant or solve

Anyone else my guess a consonant
U for Unbeatable
C for Catch Me If You Can
Book/Movie Title

_ _ _ _ _ T _ _ N _

_ _ U

_ _ NT _ _

T _

_ N _ _

_ _ U _ T

S _ _

_ UT

_ _ _ _

_ F _ _ _ _

T _

_ S _

Invisible Brainiac T-6 may guess a vowel, consonant, or solve
Sarcasm Kid U-3 may guess a consonant or solve
Paladin C-0 may guess a consonant

B for "Bring Me The Head Of CHARLIE BROWN"
Y for You Only Live Twice
O for Oman
Book/Movie Title

_ _ _ _ YT _ _ N _

YOU

_ _ NT _ _

TO

_ NO _

_ BOUT

S _ _

BUT

_ _ _ _

_ F _ _ _ _

TO

_ S _

I had transposed some letters in the sixth word, but it is in the right order now.

No vowels guessed this next round.
Invisible Brainiac O-5 may guess a consonant, or solve
Sarcasm Kid B-2 may guess a consonant or solve
Paladin Y-2 may guess a consonant or solve

Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex But Were Afraid To Ask
That's it.
So, I guess it's my turn again?

AMERICAN HORROR FICTION

_

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _

By

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
Awesome!

Okay, hmm...

T for Togo
S for The Shining
N as in Nosferatu
AMERICAN HORROR FICTION

_

_ _ T T _ _

T _ S T _

_ _

_ _ _ T _

By

_ _ T _ _ _ _ _

_ _ N _ S _ _

N, S, T

IB (T) - 6: May guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
PALADIN (S) - 2: May guess a consonant or solve
QUISLET (N) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
R as in Rubber Mask
B for Bag of Bones
A for Aokigahara (Japan's Suicide Forest)

(just to fit in with the team, I want to share that my T for Togo was because Togo is one of the countries that still practices voodoo!)
AMERICAN HORROR FICTION

A

_ _ T T _ _

T A S T _

_ _

_ _ A T _

By

_ A T R _ _ _ A

_ _ N _ S _ R

A, B, N, R, S, T

IB (A) - 5: May guess a consonant or solve
PALADIN (B) - 0: May guess a consonant
QUISLET (R) - 2: May guess a consonant, vowel or solve
I think Quis should be the one with the ability to guess a vowel, as he guessed the most-appearing consonant last round. What I guessed was a vowel.

C for Count Dracula
Edited.

Ugh, I thought I got the hang of this by now.
L for Lisey's Story
I will forego a vowel to solve

A Little taste of death by Patricia Windsor
That is correct!

A Little Taste of Death was a short story included in Point Horror's "Thirteen" collection of YA horror tales.

While spending the summer at her grandmother's house, a young woman reads a notice in the local paper mentioning a man in a white suit and a red lollipop. The girl remembers an incident from her childhood where she indeed met such a man while travelling with her mother, and he offered her a red lollipop. Despite her mother's order to throw it away, the girl kept the candy and tried to eat it later.

It turns out the article in the paper was for a support group of people who had similar run ins with the white-suited man, and the girl doesn't understand what they mean when they talk about "disturbing changes." It's not long before the people from the group begin to die, and the girl's having disturbing dreams about doing horrible things with mysterious looking punk from the group meeting.

It soon becomes clear the guy from the meeting is one and the same with the man in the white suit. When he finally comes for the girl, she has a pleasant little surprise for him. While she did save the lollipop he gave her, she was only able to get one good lick out of it before her mother caught and stopped her. So she only had a little taste of death.
Thing

_ _ _ _ _
G for Grandpa
Thing

_ _ _ _ _

Sarcasm Kid G-0 May guess a consonant
T for Thing
S for Samoa
L for Llama
Thing

_ _ _ _ _

Sarcasm Kid T-0 May guess a consonant
Invisible Brainiac S-0 May guess a consonant
Paladin L-0 May guess a consonant
M for Man This Is Challenging
C for Cambodia
V for Vendetta
Seeing as I think only us 4 play this.

Thing

_ _ _ _ _

Guessed letters: C, G, L, M, S, T, V

Sarcasm Kid M-0 May guess a consonant
Invisible Brainiac C-0 May guess a consonant
Paladin V-0 May guess a consonant
N for New Zealand
Q for Quebec
R for Rooster
Thing

Q _ _ _ _

Guessed letters: C, G, L, M, N, R, S, T, V

deet-deet-deet

That sound indicates that there are no more consonants.

If Sarcasm Kid make an incorrect guess, our other contestants may attempt to solve.

Sarcasm Kid Q-1 May guess a vowel or solve
Invisible Brainiac N-0
Paladin R-0
What a clever puzzle!
E for Everything
Thing

Q _ E _ E

Guessed letters: C, G, L, M, N, R, S, T, V

deet-deet-deet

That sound indicates that there are no more consonants.

If Sarcasm Kid make an incorrect guess, our other contestants may attempt to solve.

Sarcasm Kid E-2 May solve
Queue
That is the correct answer. I had expected a couple of more guesses before someone guessed Q
I thought that was the answer when you said "Q" was the only consonant, but I wanted to play it safe.

SHUT UP, MA: FICTION FEATURING MOTHERS WHO THINK THEY KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR THEIR KIDS WHEN THEY REALLY, REALLY DON'T

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _
This is an interesting category.

N for Nagger
S for Smothering
W for Winema Wazzo
SHUT UP, MA

_ _ _ _ N _ _ _

_ _ _ S

N _ _ _

_ _ _ _

N, S, W

IB (N) - 2: May guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
PALADIN (S) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
BLACULA (W) - 0: May guess a consonant
NSW! North South West?

Let's add an E for East / ear-splitting yakking
M for Marte Allon.
L for Lwaxana Troi
SHUT UP, MA

_ _ _ E N _ M E

_ _ _ S

N E _ _

_ _ _ _

E, L, M, N, S, W

IB (E) - 3: May guess a consonant or solve
PALADIN (L) - 0: May guess a consonant
BLACULA (M) - 0: May guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
C for Carmen Reyes
A for Atom'x.
R for repetitive reminders
SHUT UP, MA

C _ _ E N A M E

_ _ _ S

N E _ _

_ _ _ R

A, C, E, L, M, N, R, S, W

IB (R) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
PALADIN (C) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
BLACULA (A) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
Codename Kids Next Door?

(I watched the show, I loved it! I saw some fan art showing the kids all grown up, it was awesome)
And IB gets it!

Kids Next Door's about a global organization of kids fighting against adult tyranny with their 2-by-4 technology. They go up against ice cream men who only serve adults, candy pirates, evil dentists, and the creepy Delightful Children From Down The Lane controlled by the demonic entity called Father.
Awesome! That was a wonderful show.

I was a bit sad when I found out about the origin of the Delightful Children From Down The Lane.

Okay let's see...

COUNTRY AND CAPITAL

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

We all were, IB. We all were.

R for Russia
Those poor kids frown I hope one day they will be free...
S for South Africa
L for Londo, Brin.
COUNTRY AND CAPITAL

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Also guessed: L, R, S

Sarcasm Kid (R) - 0
Paladin (S) - 0
Blacula (L) - 0

T for Thailand
C for Charma.
M for Morocco
N as in Nigeria
I think that's all the usual players, no sense prolonging.

COUNTRY AND CAPITAL

_ _ N _ M _ _ N _
C _ M _ _ _ _ _

Also guessed: L, R, S, T

Paladin (T) - 0
Blacula (C) - 1
Sarcasm Kid (M) - 2
Quis (N) - 2

As we have a tie for most-appearing consonant, nobody gets to guess a vowel.

Blacula, Sarky and Quis may all solve or guess a consonant.
Lardy and anyone else may guess a consonant.
PHNOM PENH
CAMBODIA

(I feel like the last time I won this game, ages ago, it was with a Cambodia related question from you IB. wink )
What can I say, I like Cambodia, Blacula wink One of the countries I would visit again!

__ __ __ __
__ __ __ __
__ __ __ __
S as in Speech
R for Rhyme
L for Long
C for Clinton

__ __ __ __
__ __ __ __
__ __ C __

INCORRECT LETTERS: S, R, L.

Quis (S): May guess a consonant.
IB (R): May guess a consonant.
SK (L): May guess a consonant.
Pal (C): may guess a consonant, vowel or solve.
T for Time's Up
I for Info
H for Homonym
P as in Paragraph

__ __ __ I
__ I __ I
__ I C I

INCORRECT LETTERS: S, R, L, T, H, P

SK (T): May guess a consonant.
IB (H): May guess a consonant.
Quis (P): May guess a consonant.
Pal (I): May guess a consonant or solve.
V as in Verb
VENI VIDI VICI?
Paladin came, saw and conquered this round!

Over to you, Ceasar.
I suspected this but needed the I's to confirm! Seems like forever since I got a solve! Now, I have to think of a new puzzle.... hmmm
I didn't think of it until I saw the Is! Cool!
Category: TV Shows

_ _ _

_ _ _ _

_

_ _ _ _

_ _ _

_

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _
N for Nickelodeon
G for Golden Girls
D for Dream Girl.
Category: TV Shows

_ _ _

G _ _ _

_

G _ _ _

_ N D

_

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

Sarky may choose a vowel, a consonant or solve.
Ibby and Blacula may choose a consonant or solve.
S for Seinfeld
C as in Columbo
TWO
GUYS
A
GIRL
AND
A
PIZZA
PLACE
I knew it too
TWO
GUYS
A
GIRL
AND
A
PIZZA
PLACE

Yep! I think Sarky's unexpected early "G" guess really shortened the life of the puzzle. I guess that even though it only lasted four seasons and ended over a decade ago, it's still fairly well-remembered.
Yes. Barring a "Z" maybe, I don't think any other letter would have been as helpful as that "G".

OCCUPATION

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
B for Businessman
S for Salesman
N for Nurse
T as in Telemarketer
OCCUPATION

__ __ __ S T __ T __ T __

Incorrect Letters: B, N

Quis (T-3): may choose a vowel, a consonant or solve.
Pal (S-1): may choose a consonant or solve.
SK, IB and anyone else may choose a consonant.
O as in Operator
M for Marketer
N for Neurologist
N for Neurologist

N has been guessed already
Sorry. R for Radiologist.
OCCUPATION

__ R O S T __ T __ T __

Incorrect Letters: B, N, M

Quis (O-1): may choose a consonant or solve.
Pal (R-1): may choose a vowel, a consonant or solve.
IB and anyone else may choose a consonant.
P for Proposition Player
Great, I know it now!
Prostitute
Shout out to the (proverbial) world's oldest profession!

Over to you Quis!
Before & After

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _
K for the Kanker Sisters
B for Ben Parres.
S for Salt n Pepa
Before & After

_ _ _ T _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ T _

T _ _

ST _ _ S

Invisible Brainiac T-4 may guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve
Paladin S-2 May guess a consonant of solve
Sarcasm Kid K-0 May guess a consonant
Blacula B-0 May guess a consonant

E for Epic
R for R.J. Brande.
DIRTY DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Paladin is correct.
New puzzle tonight!
Category: Famous Pairs

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

&

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _
C for Cher
S for Sherlock
T for the Tornado Twins.
N as in Nancy

_ _ _ _ C _

_ _ _ _ _

&

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ N

Sarky(C)-1
Ibby(S)-0
Blac(T)-0
Quis(N)-1

We have a tie for most consonants, so no vowel guess next round.

Sarky & Quis may choose a consonant or solve.
J for Jerry
L for Larry
H for Harmonia Li.
M as in Match Game

_ _ _ _ C _

_ _ _ M _

&

J _ _

_ _ _ _ N

Sarky(J)-1
Ibby(L)-0
Blac(H)-0
Quis(M)-1

We have a tie again for most consonants, so no vowel guess next round.

Sarky & Quis may choose a consonant or solve.
B as in Boy I wish I had a clue.
D as in Dexter and Deedee
N for Never gonna get this
K for Koko.
Well....I daresay there's PLENTY of info for all to solve after this next reveal. Vanna, turn those letters.....

B _ _ _ C K

_ B _ M _

&

J _ _

B _ D _ N

Sarky(N)-1
Ibby(D)-1
Blac(K)-1
Quis(B)-3

Quis may choose a vowel or consonant or solve.
Sarky, Ibby & Blac may choose a consonant or solve.
Anyone may choose a consonant.
Barack Obama and Joe Biden
Yep.
Ooh my turn again.

LIFETIME MOVIES

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _
S for Sappy
Oh, I thought it would be Joe Biden!

N for Nostalgic
Oh, I thought it would be Joe Biden!

Um...it half was! What do you mean? confused
Oh, I meant that I guessed Joe Biden was half the answer, but didn't think of Obama until more letters showed up!
Yep. I was gonna call it "famous couples", as this would technically qualify, but "famous pairs" skews less romantically-linked! laugh
I blame my own lack of knowledge of foreign politics for not guessing it tongue But you're right, Famous Pairs was a much better category name! lol
^ Yeah. Why did Pal pick some obscurio no one's ever heard of like Barack Obama. wink

D for Double-Header.
T as in Traumatic.

Yeah Joe Biden is more famous than Barack Obama. smirk

I see My "B"s helped solve the puzzle
LIFETIME MOVIES

_ _ _ _ _ _ S

_ N

T _ _

_ _ _ S _

D, N, S, T

PALADIN (S) - 2: May guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
IB (N) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
BLACULA (D) - 0
QUISLET (T) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
E for Earnest
M for Mordru.
H for Happiness
LIFETIME MOVIES

_ _ _ _ E _ S

_ N

T H E

H _ _ S E

D, E, H, M, N, S, T

PALADIN (E) - 3: May guess a consonant or solve
IB (H) - 2: May guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
BLACULA (M) - 0: May guess a consonant
R for Restless
I for Idea
L as in Lifetime
LIFETIME MOVIES

_ I L L E R S

I N

T H E

H _ _ S E

D, E, H, I, L, M, N, R, S, T

PALADIN (R) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
IB (I) - 2: May guess a consonant of solve
QUISLET (L) - 2: May guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
Killers in the House?
Yeah. I mentioned it in the horror thread a couple of days ago.

It's about a family that inherits a sprawling country estate, and a group of bank employees who pull off a major robbery that ends with one of them fatally wounded by the police. She directs the rest of the robbers to said estate because her brother works there as the handyman and she thinks it'll be deserted. The family has to work together to try and survive the night while working towards getting the robbers to turn on each other.
Awesome. Sounds pretty interesting too.

Okay...

Topic: FOOD AND DRINK

_ _ _ _
_ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
N for Nanners!
T for Tusker.
D for Dewberry
S as in Shrimp Scampi

_ _ _ _
_ N D
S _ _ _ _ _
D _ _ _ _ _ N _ S

Also guessed - T

Paladin (N) - 2
Blacula (T) - 0
Sarcasm Kid (D) - 2
Quis (S) - 2

Tie for most-appearing consonants, so nobody gets to guess a vowel.

Lardy, Sarky and Quis may solve or guess a consonant.
Blacula and anyone else may guess a consonant.
L for Lumpia
R for Risotto
G for Grinn.
P as in Pasta

_P_ R _
_ N D
S _ R _ _ P
D _ _ P L _ N G S

Also guessed - T

Lardy (L) - 1
Sarky (R) - 2
Blacula (G) - 1
Quis (P) - 3

Quis may solve, guess a vowel, or guess a consonant
Lardy, Sarky and Blacula may solve or guess a consonant
Pork and Shrimp Dumplings?
Yes! one of my favorite meals.
Landmark

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _
N for Norway
F for Falls, Niagara
Landmark

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ F

_ _ _ N _

Invisible Brainiac N-1 May solve of guess consonant
Paladin F-1 May solve of guess consonant
L for Lydea Mallor.
S for Statue of Liberty
T for Tower of London
C for Crop Circles
Landmark

_ _ _ _ T

_ _ LL

_ F

C _ _ N _

Used letters: S

Invisible Brainiac T-1 May solve or guess consonant
Paladin S-0 May guess a consonant
Sarcasm Kid C-1 May solve or guess a consonant
Blacula L-2 May solve, guess a vowel or a consonant
Great Wall of China?
That's it. And contrary to rumor, you cannot see it from space.
I read that, too.

Okay, let's see...

Topic: COLORS

_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _
R as in Ravish Me Red
L for Lavender
B for Burgundy

_ _ _ _
_ R _ _ _

Also guessed: L, B

Quis (R) - 1
Lardy (L) - 0
Jfposey (B) - 0

Lardy, Jfposey and anyone else may guess a consonant.
G for Gray.
P for Pearl
Mint Green?

P _ _ _
G R _ _ _

Also guessed: L, B

Lardy (G) - 1
Sarky (P) - 1

Quis (Mint Green) - not correct

Quis and Sarky may solve, or guess a consonant.
Quis and anyone else may guess a consonant.
I think you mean Paladin may solve, not me.

N as in Nude
M as in mocha
Puke Green?

I think you mean Paladin may solve, not me.

Oops, thanks for the correction.

P _ N _
G R _ _ N

Also guessed: L, B, M

Quis (N) - 2
Jfposey (M) - 0

Lardy (Puke Green) - not correct

Jfposey, Lardy and anyone else may guess a consonant.
K for Keratin
I'll make another guess

Pink
Green
I apologize, I failed to notice that there were no more consonants.

That means Pink Green is incorrect.

P _ N _
G R _ _ N

Also guessed: L, B, M, K

As Quis decided to solve instead of guessing a vowel, I think that means anyone may try to solve? Quis may also try again.
Pine green?
Pine green it is! My favorite Crayola color. Easily my fave shade of green. Evocative of the pine trees in Baguio City, my favorite childhood hangout and pretty much the only place in the Philippines where I would need a jacket.
AMERICAN HORROR FICTION

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

By

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
C for Count Dracula
S as in Stephen King

Sarcasm Kid, you can have us guessing the linking word too
Ehhh, I don't know. I mean, I'm gonna include title AND author so "by" seems too obvious to obscure.
A wise choice, I think. Having us guess the By could be a bit too confusing.
T for Terror
T _ _

_ _ T _ _ _ _ _

S T _ _ _

By

S C _ T T

_ _ _ _ T _ _

C, S, T

IB (C) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
QUISLET (S) - 2: May guess a consonant or solve
PALADIN (T) - 6: May guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
H for Horror
E for Eviscerate
M as in MacBeth
AMERICAN HORROR FICTION

T H E

_ _ T _ _ _ E _

S T _ _ E

By

S C _ T T

H _ M _ T _ _

C, E, H, M, S, T

IB (H) - 2: May guess a consonant, vowel or solve
QUISLET (M) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
PALADIN (E) - 3: May guess a consonant or solve
R as in Redrum
R for Rotting Corpses
Quis guessed R first so Paladin you have to guess something else.
D for Dead
O for Occult
AMERICAN HORROR FICTION

T H E

_ _ T _ R _ E D

S T O _ E

By

S C O T T

H _ M _ T O _

C, D, E, H, M, O, R, S, T

IB (O) - 2: May guess a consonant or solve
QUISLET (R) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
PALADIN (D) - 1: May guess a consonant or solve
THE UPTURNED STONE BY SCOTT HAMPTON?
Yes! It's an amazing graphic novel Scott wrote and illustrated.

It's about four boys who discover a large pumpkin growing on top of the grave of a nameless boy who's something of a local legend in their town. The boy's brutalized and tortured body was found in the woods a few years ago, and was buried without a name.

On Halloween night after the pumpkin is made into a jack-o-lantern, one of the boys' mothers uses the inside of the pumpkin to make a pie for them. Each boy takes one quarter of the small pie. In the nights following Halloween, each boy begins having a reoccurring dream which, when they relate each of their respective dreams, is revealing how the nameless boy was murdered in segments.

They know how it happened, and they know who did it. And now they realize the nameless boy wants them to avenge his death.

It's very deep and honest. There are other ghost stories mentioned and it feels like a coming of age story as the boys look back and realize this Halloween would be their last as kids. The art is also completely gorgeous. It was published in Heavy Metal and then it was republished as a stand alone graphic novel.
You can read about it here.

http://www.cbr.com/the-scariest-comic-books-of-all-time-the-upturned-stone/
sounds like an interesting story, Sarky. A nice change from the common horror theme of a malevolent force. Here we have a spirit that just wants to be avenged.
And believe me, the guy who did it deserves EVERYTHING he get.
Category: Cable TV

_ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _
N for Nickelodeon
Lol I forgot to reply to this before.

^ Yeah. Why did Pal pick some obscurio no one's ever heard of like Barack Obama. wink

D for Double-Header.
T as in Traumatic.

Yeah Joe Biden is more famous than Barack Obama. smirk

I see My "B"s helped solve the puzzle

Actually, I didn't register Joe Biden as VP. So I was wondering who he would be linked to. So... yeah. tongue
M for Mork and Mindy
T as in Mr. T

_ _ M _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

Sarky(M)-1
Ibby(N)-0
Quis(T)-0

Sarky may choose a vowel or a consonant or solve.
Quis, Ibby and anyone else may choose a consonant.
R as in Rawhide!
L as in Love Boat
S for Scrubs
I for Insider Information

_ _ M _

_ _ _

_ _ _ I _ _

Sarky(I)-1
Ibby(S)-0
Quis(R)-0
Posey(L)-0

Other wrong guesses: N, T

Sarky may guess a consonant or solve.
Quis, Ibby, Posey or anyone else may choose a consonant.
C as in C.H.i.P.S.
Guessed Letters: I, L, M, N, R, S, T

B for Bob's Burgers
D for Doreamon
H as in Hogan's Heroes

H _ M _

B _ _

_ _ _ I C _

Sarky(B)-1
Ibby(D)-0
Quis(H)-1
Posey(C)-1

Other wrong guesses: D, L, N, R, S, T

We have a tie for consonants, so Sarky, Quis or Posey may guess a consonant or solve.
Ibby or anyone else may choose a consonant.
Home Box Office?
Yep! Ol' HBO itself! Bring on a puzzle, Posey!

Catagory: Book Series

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _
F for Frankenstein

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ F

_ _ _ _

Paladin(F) - 1

Paladin may guess a consonant or solve.
Posey, generally, we wait for all the regulars to guess before turning letters unless any of them fail to post in a reasonable time. ("Reasonable" can be up to a full day but is usually less.) Once that happens, the person whose consonant appears the most may guess a vowel if he or she chooses. (If there's a tie for most consonants revealed in a round, no one gets to guess a vowel.)

I'll go ahead and guess another consonant, but keep in mind to at least allow myself, Ibby, Quis & Sarky (and possibly anyone else who might jump in, like Blacula) a reasonable amount of time to guess as well.

Feel free to ask here at any time if you have questions! nod

Meanwhile, I'll guess H for Harry Potter.
Duly noted. Still getting the hang of everything. Novice mistake and over-eagerness to please. I will stay quiet for awhile then on this thread.

Must resist urge to respond to guess...must resist...

Okay I dropped my arm off make it slower...going to the Substitute clubhouse for awhile.
T as in Trilogy

Never mind. Paladin explained it
It's okay, Posey. This game has had some growing pains in its execution, and everyone has had some hiccups with their first puzzles, pretty much!
It's okay, Posey. This game has had some growing pains in its execution, and everyone has had some hiccups with their first puzzles, pretty much!

Except me. I'd be perfect except I am much too humble.

Also (in case you don't know) we have it that the person who guesses the most consonants, gets to guess a vowel in the next round. If there is a tie for most consonants, no one gets to guess a vowel. So technically Paladin should get to guess a vowel in this next round.

I decided not to push that in favor of clarifying the rules. The "F" was fairly obvious and wasn't a multiple, so we're just using it as an object lesson.
I did say "technically". I figured that you would go by the spirit of the game.
[Linked Image]

I feel so sorry for my gaffe. I will never be a proper Legionnaire. And I got an "F" on top of that as well.

[Linked Image]

Don't forget that Bouncing Boy was originally rejected
S for silence of the lambs, Sun Boy and Shrinking Violet (who were both rejected too!)
Sarky saw this thread a while ago but didn't post a guess. Posey, if you want to turn the latest batch of letters when you see this, go ahead.
12 hours is a reasonable amount of time for this game smile

T H _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ S

_ F

_ _ _ _

Paladin(H) - 1
Quis(T) - 1
IB(S) - 1

Paladin may guess a consonant or solve.
Quis may guess a consonant or solve
IB may guess a consonant or solve
C for Chronicles of Narnia
L for Literature
I'd like to solve.

The Dragonriders of Pern
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Quis - Your turn
Whoa! ElasticLad
Whoa! ElasticLad

I know, right! My turn was short. It was one of my favs as a teen.

[Linked Image]
I think we had 1 or 2 other puzzles that were solved out of the gate.

Famous Pair

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

and

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _
B for Bonnie and Clyde
P for Penn & Teller
L for Live Wire and Spark
S for Sonny and Cher
Famous Pair

_ _ _ _

_ _ S _

and

B _ _ _

_ _ _ _

Sarcasm Kid B-1 May solve or guess a consonant
Paladin S-1 May solve or guess a consonant
Invisible Brainiac L-0 May guess a consonant
jfposey P-0 May guess a consonant
R for Rose
M as in Mork & Mindy
C for Carmen and Sandiego
N for Nancy Drew and boyfriend Ned Nickerson
N for Nancy Drew and boyfriend Ned Nickerson

I heard they robbed a liquor store.
Famous Pair

_ _ _ M

_ _ S _

and

B _ R _

_ _ R _

Guessed letters C, L, N, P

Sarcasm Kid R-2 May solve or guess a consonant or a vowel
Paladin C-0 May guess a consonant
Invisible Brainiac N-0 May guess a consonant
jfposey M-1 May solve or guess a consonant
O for Oh My Grod
T as in Timon and Pumbaa
H for Hate and Waste
Y for Yellow and Blue
Famous Pair

_ _ _ M

_ _ ST

and

B _ RT

_ _ R _

Guessed letters C, H, L, N, P, T, Y

jfposey T-2 May solve or guess a consonant or a vowel
Paladin H-0 May guess a consonant
Invisible Brainiac Y-0 May guess a consonant
Sarcasm Kid O-0 May guess a consonant
J fot Juliet and Romeo
Solve: Adam West and Burt Ward
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Congrats jfposey
U.S. History:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
M for Manifest Destiny
S as in Sacagawea
L for Lincoln
C for Confederacy
U.S. History:

C _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ L

C _ _ _ _ _ S S

Quislet S-2 May solve or guess a consonant
Paladin C-2 May solve or guess a consonant
IB L-1 May solve or guess a consonant
Sarcasm Kid M-0 May guess a consonant
N as in Niagra Falls
T for Texas
R for Rough Riders
U.S. History:

C _ N T _ N _ N T _ L

C _ N _ R _ S S

Letters guessed C, N, T, L, R, S, M

Quislet N-4 May solve or guess a consonant or a vowel
IB T-2 May solve or guess a consonant
Paladin R-1 May solve or guess a consonant
Continental congress?
We have another winner. Tell him what he has won, Don Pardo!

"You get to do the next puzzle!"
Dang! I wanted the ceramic Dalmatian
I was hoping for the life time supply of donkey chow behind curtain number three, but I was ineligible to play.
I will trade you a dalmatian for a jetpack.

New puzzle up later
In anticipation of the puzzle:

S as in Something else else
Topic:

Urban Living

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _
N as in neighborhood
No S, no N

Topic:

Urban Living

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _

Also guessed: N, S
P as in people...stop singing, you ain't no Streisand!
L as in Lawn....as in, "Git thuh hell offa mah LAWN!!!!"
T as in Traffic
Topic:

Urban Living

T _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _

Also guessed: L, N, P, S

Jfposey (P) - 0
Quis (T) - 1
Lardy (L) - 0

Quis may guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve.
Jfposey, Lardy,and anyone else may guess a consonant.
I will forego a vowel and guess C as in City
D as in downtown
R for Riverfront
Topic:

Urban Living

T R _ _ _ _ C
_ _ _

Also guessed: D, L, N, P, S

Quis (C) - 1
Jfposey (D) - 0
Lardy (R) - 1

Tie for most-guessed consonant, so nobody gets a vowel.

Quis and Lardy may solve or guess a consonant.
Jfposey and anyone else may guess a consonant.
F as in epic failure on my part to guess one letter so far
TRAFFIC JAM?
Lardy gets it! Traffic jam, something I have to deal with every day.

I laughed when Quis guessed T for TRAFFIC smile

Originally Posted by Jfposey
F as in epic failure on my part to guess one letter so far

We all have our off puzzles smile Once, I went four rounds without guessing a single correct letter...
Category: Song Title

_ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _

_

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
T as in title of a sing
L for Lips
S as in Synchronicity

_ _ _ _

_ _ _

L _ _ _

_

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Jiffy Pop(T)-0 may choose a consonant.
Ibby(L)-1 may choose a vowel, consonant or solve.
Quis(S)-0 may choose a consonant.

V as in vocals
I for Instruments

_ _ _ _

_ _ _

L I _ _

_

_ _ _ _ I _ _ _ _

Guessed: I L S T V

Jiffy Pop(V)-0 may choose a consonant.
Ibby(I)-1 may choose a consonant or solve.
N for Nirvana
F again for once more a failure to guess one letter.

_ _ _ _

_ _ _

L I _ _

_

_ _ _ _ I _ _ N _

Guessed: F I L N S T V

Jiffy Pop(F)-0 may choose a consonant.
Ibby(N)-1 may choose a vowel or a consonant or solve.
M as in maybe one day I will get a letter in this puzzle.
G as in G clef
A for Alto

_ _ _ _

_ _ _

L I _ _

A

_ _ _ _ I _ A N _

Guessed: A F G I L M N S T V

Jiffy Pop(M)-0 may choose a consonant.
Ibby(A)-1 may choose a consonant or solve.
Quis(G)-0 may choose a consonant.
P as in this puzzle is poopie!
D for Don't Stop Believin'
B as in Bossa Nova

_ _ _ _

_ _ _

L I _ _

A

_ _ _ _ I _ A N _

Guessed: A B D F G I L M N P S T V

Jiffy Pop(P)-0 may choose a consonant.
Ibby(D)-0 may choose a consonant.
Quis(B)-0 may choose a consonant.
R as in a relief if I ever guess a letter in this poopie puzzle.
C for (the) Calling
H as in Help! (the Beatles album)
Okay, I think this will be enough.....

R _ C _

_ _ _

L I _ _

A

H _ R R I C A N _

Guessed: A B C D F G H I L M N P R S T V

Jiffy Pop(R)-3 may choose a vowel or consonant or solve.
Ibby(C)-2 may choose a consonant or solve.
Quis(H)-0 may choose a consonant or solve.
Rock You Like A Hurricane?
Yup! Inspired by recent events!
Cool!

TOPIC:

Holidays

_ _ _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _ _
S for Santa
F for Fanksgiving (if one has a speech impediment)
D as in Day
Holidays

_ _ _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _ _

Also guessed: D, F, S

Nobody guessed a correct letter, so anybody may guess a consonant
R for Ramadan
M as in Mother's Day
Holidays

_ R _ _ _
_ R
_ R _ _ _

Also guessed: D, F, M, S

Lardy (R) - 3
Jfposey (M) - 0

Lardy may solve, guess a vowel, or guess a consonant.
jfposey and anyone else may guess a consonant
TRICK OR TREAT?
Yes! A tradition I have always wanted to experience in the USA.
If you play things right, your trick is a treat. smirk

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

S as in Spider-Man
T as in Thor
M as in Mighty

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ M _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

Jiffy Pop(S)-0 may choose a consonant.
Ibby(T)-0 may choose a consonant.
Quis(M)-1 may choose a consonant or vowel or solve.
F for Fury of Firestorm
N for New Teen Titans
C as in Casper the Friendly Ghost
A as in Alley Oop

_ _ N _ _ _

_ _ M A N

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

Jiffy Pop(C)-0 may choose a consonant.
Ibby(N)-2 may choose a consonant or vowel or solve.
Quis(A)-1 may choose a consonant or solve.
Sarky(F)-0 may choose a consonant.

Used letters: A C F M N S T
L as in Lex Luthor, Lana Lang, & Lois Lane
D for Doom Patrol
W as in Wasp
E for Element Lad
dang, dang, dang , dang, dang. I've figured it out now, but I have already guessed a letter

W _ N D E _

W _ M A N

_ _

_ E _ _ _ E

_ E _ E _

Jiffy Pop(W)-2 may choose a consonant or vowel or solve.
Ibby(E)-5 may choose a consonant or solve.
Quis(L)- 0 may choose a consonant.
Sarky(D)-1 may choose a consonant or solve.

Used letters: A C D E F L M N S T W
dang, dang, dang , dang, dang. I've figured it out now, but I have already guessed a letter

Ouch! And it was a wrong letter at that! gasp
Wonder Woman by George Perez?
That's the what and the who of it, Jiffy Pop! Next puzzle, courtesy of you! nod
Category: Cartoon Characters

_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _
N for Ned Flanders
Yay Jiffy!

S for Sylvester
C for Callie Briggs
Waiting on Quis' guess.
R as in Road Runner

Ouch! And it was a wrong letter at that! gasp

I thought of editing my answer, but that did not seem fair.

And when I guessed L I thought it was Jungle Woman something something something

_ _ _ C _
_ R _ _
_ C _ R _ _
_ N _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _

Ibby(S)-2 may choose a consonant or solve.
Quis(R)- 2 may choose a consonant or solve.
Paladin(N)-1 may choose a consonant or solve.
Sarcasm(S)-0 may choose a consonant
D as in Dudley Do-Right
H for He-Man

_ _ _ C _
_ R _ _
_ C _ R _ _
_ N _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _

Ibby(S)-2 may choose a consonant or solve.
Sarcasm(S)-0 may choose a consonant

By the way, you give credit to Ibby for having 2 S's and Sarky for having 1 S. Sarky guessed C and clearly had 2. If there were no S's, you should edit to show Ibby can only guess a consonant and Sarky may also solve if he feels he can.
Blonde momemt and I am bald!!!

_ _ _ C _
_ R _ _
_ C _ R _ _
_ N _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _

Sarcasm(C)-2 may choose a consonant or solve.
Ibby(S)-0 may choose a consonant

I apologize humbly and ask that I am not sent out to deep space.
Eh, it happens tongue

We'll only send you to the Moon for a bit.

T for Tazmanian Devil
To the moon Alice! To the moon!
D for Didn't think this through
I guessed T too, Sarky.
I guessed T too, Sarky.

...you just HAD to make this awkward didn't ya? DIDN'T YA?
DIDN'T YA???
Well, we can always whistle and pretend it didn't happen. wink
That might have worked for my high school graduation but it's not happening here!
What an interesting graduation that must have been.
Well it was... but then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.
D as in Dudley Do-Right

Originally Posted by Sarcasm Kid
D for Didn't think this through

Sorry Sarcasm but Quis already picked D as a choice. Would you like another consonant or be snarky to Quis? Or both? I am good with all.
Did anyone pick H?
Yes, Paladin did. Me-D, IB-T, Paladin-H. Previous guesses: R, C, N (in puzzle) & S (not in puzzle)

_ _ _ C _
D R _ _
_ C _ R _ _
_ N D
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _

Guessed letters: C, R, N, S, D, H, T

Quis(D)- 2 may choose a consonant, verb or solve.
Paladin(H)-0 may choose a consonant
Ibby(T)-0 may choose a consonant
Y for Yogi
E as in Elroy Jetson
L for the Littles

_ _ _ C _
D R _ _
_ C _ R _ _
_ N D
_ _ _ _
L _ _ E Y

Guessed letters: C, R, N, S, D, H, T, L, E, Y

IB (Y) - 1 may choose a consonant or solve.
Quis (E) - 1 may choose a consonant or solve.
Paladin (L) - 1 may choose a consonant or solve.

Since when in my mind is a vowel a verb?

B for Bugs Bunny
QUICK DRAW MCGRAW AND BABA LOOEY?

_ _ _ C _
D R _ _
_ C _ R _ _
_ N D
_ _ _ _
L _ _ E Y

Guessed letters: C, R, N, S, D, H, T, L, E, Y

IB (Y) - 1 may choose a consonant or solve.
Quis (E) - 1 may choose a consonant or solve.
Paladin (L) - 1 may choose a consonant or solve.

Since when in my mind is a vowel a verb?

So I could have pick "Draw".

Figured it out last night after I pick E. Paladin beat me to it.
QUICK DRAW MCGRAW AND BABA LOOEY?

[Linked Image]

On to you Paladin!

El Kaboooooooong!
Category: Stars and Roles

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

&

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _
N for Nicole Kidman
R as in Robert Redford
S as in Sinatra

_ _ _ N _ R _

N _ _ _ _

&

_ _ _ _ _ R _

_ _ _ N _ _

_ S

S _ _ _ _

Ibby(N)-3 may choose a vowel or consonant or solve.
Jiffy Pop(R)-2 may choose a consonant or solve.
Quis(S)-2 may choose a consonant or solve.
H as in Hal Linden
A for Adam Sandler
D as in David Duchovny

Note: I won't be online must this week as I will be on vacation. So don't wait for my guesses
Have a great vacation Quis!

_ _ _ N A R D

N _ _ _ _

&

_ A _ H A R _

_ _ _ N _ _

A S

S _ _ _ _

Ibby(A)-4 may choose a consonant or solve.
Jiffy Pop(H)-1 may choose a consonant or solve.
Quis(D)-2 may choose a consonant or solve.
Leonard Nimoy & Zachary Quinto as Spock?

Shouldn't I get to guess a vowel too?

Moot as I think JFposey got it.
Leonard Nimoy & Zachary Quinto as Spock?

You are correct, sah!

Shouldn't I get to guess a vowel too?

Moot as I think JFposey got it.

Oopsers! blush

Maybe I was distracted by your saying you wouldn't be chiming in? frown

Oopsers! blush

Maybe I was distracted by your saying you wouldn't be chiming in? frown

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.
Category: Comic Book Character

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _
N for Nuklon
S for Supergirl

_ _ _ _ N _ _
_ _ _
_ _ S _
_ _ _
_ N
_ _ _ _ _
_ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _

Paladin (N) 2 - can choose a consonant, vowel or solve the puzzle
IB (S) - can choose a consonant or solve the puzzle
F for Fire
A for Amazo

_ A _ A N _ _
_ _ _
_ A S _
_ _ _
_ N
_ A _ _ _
_ _
_ A _ _
_ _ _ _ _

Letters guessed: N, S, F, A

Paladin (A) 5 - may choose a consonant, vowel or solve the puzzle
IB (F) - may choose a consonant
T for Triplicate Girl
P as in Power Girl
KAMANDI THE LAST BOY ON EARTH BY JACK KIRBY?
Yep. You are a Weiner! I mean Winner!

On to you.
Category: Fun & Games

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

&

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _
KAMANDI THE LAST BOY ON EARTH BY JACK KIRBY?
Yep. You are a Weiner! I mean Winner!

On to you.

I am, quite frankly, doggone proud of that solve!
Was a good puzzle and a good solve wink

M for Monopoly
t as in Toys
S as in Slip & Slide

T _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ S

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ S

&

_ _ T _ _

_ _ _ _ T S

Ibby(M)-0 may choose a consonant
Quis(T)-3 may choose a consonant or solve
Jiffy(S)-3 may choose a consonant or solve
R as in Risk
L for Life (Game of)
N as in Nothing

T _ _ _ _ _ _ _ N S

_ _ _ L _

_ _ _ L S

&

_ _ T R _

_ _ _ N T S

Ibby(L)-2 may choose a consonant or solve
Quis(N)-2 may choose a consonant or solve
Jiffy(R)-1 may choose a consonant or solve
Touchdowns
Field Goals
&
Extra Points
Touchdowns
Field Goals
&
Extra Points

Yep! Taken from an actual WoF from last week!
Villains

_ _ _ _ _ _

&

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
T as in Tharok
S for Sun Emperor
N for Nardo
Villains

_ _ _ _ _ S

&

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ N

Invisible Brainiac S - 1 May guess a consonant or solve
Paladin N - 1 May guess a consonant or solve
JfPosey T - 0 May guessa consonant
L for Leland McCauley
D for Darkseid
M as in Mordru
Villains

D _ L _ _ S

&

_ _ _ _ _ M _ N

Previously guesses consonants: T

Invisible Brainiac L - 1 May guess a consonant or solve
Paladin D - 1 May guess a consonant or solve
JfPosey M - 1 May guessa consonant or solve
R as in Riddler
C for Clayface
DALEKS & CYBERMEN?
Those are the villains.
Category: Headlines

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

T for True
S for scandal
Chicago Cubs win World Series?
I found out about that after I guessed!
Chicago Cubs win World Series?

Yep, I guess the timeliness of the puzzle gave it away! grin
Headlines

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _
R as in real news
N for News
S for Sound Bite
Headlines

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ S

_ _ _ _ _ N

IB N - 1 May solve or guess a consonant
Paladin S - 1 May solve or guess a consonant
JfPosey R - 0 May guess a consonant
T for the Times
L for Logo
W as in weekly
Headlines

_ _ W _ _

_ _ _ _ _ TS

T _ _ _ _ N

Previously guessed: R

IB T - 2 May solve or guess a consonant or a vowel
Paladin L - 0 May guess a consonant
JfPosey W - 1 May solve or guess a consonant
E for Editorial
H for Headline
B as in byline
Oops I made a mistake on a previous round. Because of this, I will let JfPosey (who correctly guessed an R) attempt to solve

Headlines

_ EWE _

_ E _ E _ TS

TR _ _ _ N

Previously guessed: L

IB E - 4 May solve or guess a consonant
Paladin H - 0 May guess a consonant
JfPosey B - 0 May solve or guess a consonant
Dewey defeats Truman?
It is Dewey Defeats Truman
Awesome!

_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _
C as in chocolate
S as in Sandwich
N for Nachos
Our regulars have guessed, so...

_ _ _ _ _
C _ _ C _ _ N
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _

This may not seem like a typical food and drink item for some, but I promise it will make sense. And all the words are common English words.

Jfposey (C) - 2 - can solve, guess a vowel, or guess a consonant
Quis (S) - 0 - can guess a consonant
Lardy (N) - 1 - can solve or guess a consonant
F as in flavor town
H for Hot Dogs
K as in Kielbasa
Our regulars have guessed again, so...

F _ _ _ _
C H _ C K _ N
_ _ _ H
_ _ _ _ _

Jfposey (F) - 1: can solve, or guess a consonant
Lardy (H) - 2: can solve, guess a vowel or guess a consonant
Quis (K) - 1: can solve, or guess a consonant
D as in Doughnut
T as in iced tea

F _ _ _ D
C H _ C K _ N
_ _ T H
_ _ _ _ _

Also guessed: S

Quis (D) - 1: can solve, or guess a consonant
Jfposey (T) - 1: can solve, or guess a consonant
R for Rice
W for Whiskey

F R _ _ D
C H _ C K _ N
W _ T H
_ R _ _ _

Also guessed: S

Lardy (R) - 2: can solve, guess a vowel or guess a consonant
Jfposey (W) - 1: can solve, or guess a consonant
P as in Pepsi
Patience IB.

G as in Grub
Patience IB.

Ah, I thought 12 hours had passed.
FRIED CHICKEN WITH GRAVY?
Yuck. Gravy as a drink!
FRIED CHICKEN WITH GRAVY?

Yes!

In a practice that seems unique to the Philippines, we love eating our fried chicken with plenty of gravy. McDonald's, KFC, and local chain Jollibee all do this.

Extra gravy and unlimited gravy are a thing.

bump for Paladin
Still don't like the idea of gravy as a drink. Side, yes. Drink, no. Too think and goopy!
We don't actually drink the gravy... We dip our chicken in it, and pour it on rice and mashed potatoes.

Well, okay, we pour it on our chicken, too. But we don't drink it from a cup tongue
Well someone obviously does...

[Linked Image]
Wow, garlic flavor too.

Maybe they're afraid of turning into vampires.
Category: Before & After

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

&

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _
S as in second chances
N for Next

_ N _ _ _ N _

_ _ N _ S

&

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

Ibby(N)-3 may choose a consonant or vowel or solve
Jiffy Pop(S)-1 may choose a consonant or solve
E for Evolution
T as in Topsy-turvey
R as in Redo

_ N _ _ _ N _

_ _ N E S

&

T _ E

T E _ _ _ E

_ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ T R _ _

Ibby(E)-4 may choose a consonant or solve
Jiffy Pop(R)-1 may choose a consonant or solve
Quis(T)-3 may choose a consonant or vowel or solve
H as in How
L for Later
F as in Front

_ N _ _ _ N _

_ _ N E S

&

T H E

T E _ _ L E

_ F

_ _ _ _

_ _ T R _ L

Ibby(L)-2 may choose a consonant or vowel or solve
Jiffy Pop(H)-1 may choose a consonant or solve
Quis(F)-1 may choose a consonant or solve
O for Origin
C as in change
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Patrol
Yep
Initially I thought the last two words were "Mind Control"

Puzzle in a bit
Initially I thought the last two words were "Mind Control"

Puzzle in a bit

I was going that way as well
Before & After

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _
P as in possibilities
S for Surprise
Before & After

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

S _ _ _

SP _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

Invisible Brainiac S - 2 May guess a consonant, vowel, or solve
JfPosey p - 1 May guess a consonant or solve
L as in Loss
I for Immediate
N for Never
Before & After

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

S _ _ _

SP _ N _ L _ _

_ _ NN _ _

Invisible Brainiac I - 0 May guess a consonant
JfPosey L - 1 May guess a consonant or solve
Paladin N - 3 May guess a consonant, a vowel, or solve
K as in kingsize
T for Truth
Hm. I've got all but the first word, though I have a suspicion as to what it might be.

Let's try R for Remix.
Before & After

_ R _ _ _ _ _ _

ST _ R

SP _ N _ L _ _

_ _ NN _ R

Previous wrong guesses: I, K

Invisible Brainiac T - 1 May guess a consonant or solve
JfPosey K - 0 May guess a consonant
Paladin R - 3 May guess a consonant, a vowel, or solve
BROADWAY STAR SPANGLED BANNER?
That's it
Category: Song/Artist

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
T for tune
S for song
P as in Prince
Category: Song/Artist

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ P _ T

_ _ _ _

_ _

S T _ P P _ _ _ _ _ _

Jiffy Pop(T)-2 may choose a consonant or solve
Ibby(S)-1 may choose a consonant or solve
Quis (P)-3 may choose a vowel or consonant or solve
A as in Abba
N for notes
Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf?

Yep! I was worried that having that many letters in the last word may have been too much! Quis' "P" was obviously a big clue.

The good news is that we have the first non-Quis/non-Lardy puzzle coming up! Puzzle us, Posey!
Gategory: Offbeat site in Croatia

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

(P.S. I have done some other puzzles)

(P.S. I have done some other puzzles)

Oops! I meant to add "in a while." blush
C for Croatia
T as in Travel

Yep! I was worried that having that many letters in the last word may have been too much! Quis' "P" was obviously a big clue.

The good news is that we have the first non-Quis/non-Lardy puzzle coming up! Puzzle us, Posey!

Well, I knew it was Steppenwolf, but not the song. I did look it up on Google, but thought that a bit of a cheat. So I "guessed" a vowel and figured I'd give others a chance.
N for nature

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ N

_ _ _ _ T _ _ N _ _ _ _ _

Ibby (N) - 2 may choose a vowel or consonant or solve
Quis (T) - 1 may choose consonant or solve
Paladin (C) - 0 may choose consonant

S as in not Serbia
L for (P)litvice
F for Faraway

_ _ S _ _ _

_ F

_ _ _ _ _ N

_ _ L _ T _ _ N _ _ _ _ S

Used letters N,T,C,L,S,F

Ibby (L) - 1 may choose consonant or solve
Quis (S) - 2 may choose a vowel or consonant or solve
Paladin (F) - 1 may choose consonant or solve
M for Montenegro (a neighbor of Croatia)

This is an awesome puzzle. I have always wanted to visit Croatia
R for Rome
A as in Albania
Category: Offbeat site in Croatia

M _ S _ _ M

_ F

_ R _ _ _ N

R _ L A T _ _ N S _ _ _ S

Used letters N,T,C,L,S,F,A,R,M

Ibby (M) - 2 may choose consonant or solve
Quis (A) - 1 may choose consonant or solve
Paladin (R) - 2 may choose consonant or solve

(**Note to Quis, I miscounted the number of S, you should had 3 of them, I have corrected the puzzle above though you still got to choose a vowel which you used "A". My humblest of apologizes)
Museum of Broken Realtionships
Yeah Quis!

The Museum of Broken Relationships (Croatian: Muzej prekinutih veza) is a museum in Zagreb, Croatia, dedicated to failed love relationships. Its exhibits include personal objects left over from former lovers, accompanied by brief descriptions.

The "museum" began as a traveling collection of donated items. Since then, it has found a permanent location in Zagreb. It received the Kenneth Hudson Award for Europe's most innovative museum in 2011.
I remember reading about this a while back, but it didn't stick in my memory. Thanks for refreshing it.
Song Title and Artist

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

by

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _
S for Song
R as in Reading
B for Bon Jovi
Sorry for the long response time. Didn't feel well yesterday and had a famly thing

Song Title and Artist

_ S _ _ _ B _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

by

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

B _

_ _ _ _ _ S

IB S-3 may guess a consonant, vowel or solve
Paladin B-2 May guess a consonant or solve
JfPosey R-0 May guess a consonant (Who would think a puzzle with that many letter would not hav at least one R)

And Oops, I had one more _ in the last word of the song title, but have fixed it.
ISTANBUL NOT CONSTANTINOPLE BY THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS?

Wow!
Hmmm.... I posted that this was correct, but it is not here.

As I said then, I assume it was the lack of Rs that gave it away.
Yep, I remember seeing that. It was not an ILLUSION.
Bump up for Lardy! bump
I'll probably post a new one tomorrow.....
If the category is recent holidays, I'm pre-guessing Thanksgiving.
Nope! It's....

Category: Oscar-nominated Songs

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _
Oooh.

L for Let it Go
S as in Song

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

Ibby(L)-0
Quis(S)-0

T for "Took too long to get back to this thread and I'm so sorry."
B for Bjork.
N for Nickelback

*ducks*

tongue
D as in Doris Day

B _ B B _ D _

B _ B B _ D _

B _ _

Ibby(N)-0
Quis(D)-2
Posey(B)-7
Sarky(T)-0

Okay--no more vowels. Posey may guess a vowel or consonant or solve. Quis may solve. Ibby and Sarky are unable to do anything unless neither of the other two can solve or Posey guesses an incorrect vowel.
I know it now! frown Time to wait and see.
bibbidy bobbidy boo
bibbity bobbity boo

That's incorrect. In deciding to use this song, I verified what is the correct spelling. Hence, my announcement in the update that there were no more consonants.

Posey, you still have a chance to solve.
bibbidy bobbidy boo

That edit is wrong, too, btw.
Okay. Posey has had more than enough time to guess, so we go back around. ANYone may guess a vowel or solve. Quis has been close, but to be the winner, the correct spelling must be submitted.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo
That's correct.
Movie Title

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _

_

_ _ _ _ _ _
Sorry guys I was in Los Angeles.

T as in To Wong Foo. Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar
I'll try a solve: THE BIRTH OF A NATION?
M for Matilda
Paladin has it.

I just watched the original silent movie. It was the first major blockbuster film and had innovative (100 years ago innovative) film shots. Beyond that it is crappy melodrama oozing with racism. For those who don't know, the film is based on the novel The Clansman and yes, the KKK is the hero of the film.
They tried to have that horrible original movie banned here in Boston....but NOOOO! Shameful times.
Category: Sayings

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

&

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
N for Nice
T as in The

_ _ _ _ _

_ N _ _

_ _ _ N T _

_ N

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

&

_ _ N _

_ _ _ N _ _ _ _

Ibby(N)-5 may choose a vowel or consonant or solve
Quis(T)-1 may choose a consonant or solve
Anyone else may choose a consonant
I for Intellect
S as in Saying

_ _ _ S _

_ N _ _

_ _ _ N T S

I N

_ _ _ S _ S _ _ _ S

&

_ _ N _

_ _ _ N _ _ _ S

Ibby(I)-1 may choose a consonant or solve
Quis(S)-6 may choose a vowel or consonant or solve
L for Line
A as in Apropos (of nothing)

_ L _ S _

_ N L _

_ _ _ N T S

I N

_ _ _ S _ S _ _ _ S

&

_ A N _

_ _ _ N A _ _ S

Ibby(L)-2 may choose a vowel or consonant or solve
Quis(A)-2 may choose a consonant or solve
O for Ode
Close only counts in Horseshoes & Hand Grenades
That's correct.
Wow. Awesome guessing Quis
Before & After

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _
S for Sequence
Before & After

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ S _

_ _ _ _ S

IB S-2 May guess a vowel, consonant, or solve
I for Insight
N as in new
T for Twister
Before & After

_ _ T _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ S _

_ _ _ _ S

IB I-0 May guess a consonant
JfPosey N-0 May guess a consonant
Paladin T-1 May guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve
L for Later
A is for Apple
Before & After

_ _ T _ _

_ A _ _ _ _

_ _ _ S _

_ _ LLS

IB L-2 May guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve
Paladin A-1 May guess a consonant

Guessed Letters: I, N

E for ere
R
Before & After

_ ETER

_ A _ _ ER

_ _ _ SE

R _ LLS

IB E-4 May guess a consonant or solve
Paladin R-3 May guess a vowel, a consonant or solve

Guessed Letters: I, N

PETER PARKER HOUSE ROLLS?
That sounds correct...

But I'll guess P to be sure tongue
I don't know if I'm right, as I'm not familiar with Parker House Rolls--if they exist. I don't Google my solving attempts.
I have no idea if they exist either smile I didn't try Googling as well.
Peter Parker House Rolls is correct.

Both Parker House Rolls and Boston Creme Pie (which is really a cake) originated in the Parker House Hotel in Boston. I was there last night.
Yeah, I figured they must be a yankee thing.... shrug

tease
Do you mean that people not from Boston do not know everything about Boston???? That's crazy talk!
Huh? The Omni Parker House with the ghost on the 18th floor ballroom. Never heard of it either.

I gotta go jump on the Orange Line State Street station now TTFN.
Now I'm beginning to think Quis and Lardy are soulmates tongue Great guessing, guys!
Category: Movie Quotes

_ _ _ _ ' _

_ _ _

_

_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ?
S for Star Wars

_ _ _ _ ' _

_ _ _

_

_ _ _ _ _ _

S _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_

S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ?

Ibby may guess a vowel or a consonant or solve.
A for Art

A _ _ _ ' _

_ _ _

A

_ _ _ _ _ _

S _ _ _ _

_ _ _

A

S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ?

Ibby may guess a consonant or solve.
T for Title

A _ _ _ ' T

_ _ _

A

_ _ T T _ _

S _ _ _ T

_ _ _

A

S T _ _ _ T _ _ _ _ _ _ ?

Ibby may guess a vowel or solve.
M as in Movie
bump
E for Event

A _ E _ ' T

_ _ _

A

_ _ T T _ E

S _ _ _ T

_ _ _

A

S T _ _ M T _ _ _ _ _ _ ?

Quis may guess a vowel or consonant or solve.
Ibby may guess a consonant or solve.
N for "Norma Desmond."
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
L for Line
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?

Correct...in honor of the late Carrie Fisher.
As soon as I figured it out, I thought as much.

Historical event (promise that it is not Boston related)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Shoot!

R as in Revere
S for Something else else

_ R _ _ _ _ _ _

_ R _ _ _ _ _ _

Jfposey R-2 May guess a vowel, consonant, or solve
Invisible Brainiac S-0 May guess a consonant

F for fiddlesticks
N for New
E as in Everett

_ R _ _ _ _ _ _

ER _ _ _ _ _ N

Jfposey E-1 May guess a consonant or solve
Invisible Brainiac N-1 May guess a consonant, a vowel, or solve
Myg F-0 May guess a consonant

Krakatoa Eruption?
T for tomboy
jfposey got it. I thought this might have gone on longer, but oh well.

And It was not a Boston thing ;-)
And now for a Boston thing (my nod to Python fans)...

I have to watch some football but I will return with something.
Book:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _
F as in Fiction
S for Story
C for Cujo
Book:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ S _ _ _

IB - S (1) may guess a consonant or solve
Paladin - C (0) may guess a consonant
Quislet - F (0) may guess a consonant
IB also gets to guess a vowel.

R as in Reading
F for Frankenstein
F for Frankenstein

Quis guessed F last round.
T for Trilogy
P as in pen
O for Opus
Book:

P _ _ _ T O _

T O _ _ _ O O T _

_ _

_ O R T O _

_ _ S T _ R

Paladin - T (5) may guess a consonant or solve
IB - O (5) may guess a consonant or solve
Quis - R (2) may guess a consonant or solve
Myg - P (1) may guess a consonant or solve

Used letters F, S, C, R, T, P, O
I think I may know the second word, but I don't think I know the book. I could do some Googling, but I think that's cheating. So I'll guess....

N for Nonfiction
B as in Book
M for Mystery
Book:

P _ _ N T O M

T O _ _ B O O T _

B _

N O R T O N

_ _ S T _ R

Paladin - N (3) may guess a consonant, vowel or solve
Quis - B (2) may guess a consonant or solve
Myg - M (1) may guess a consonant or solve

Used letters F, S, C, R, T, P, O, N, B, M
I'm tempted to Google, but I don't know that last name.

I'll buy an E, please.
D for D'oh
I'm going to guess. I'm not sure of the last name either

Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Lister
So close but wrong. Sorry Quis.

Book:

P _ _ N T O M

T O _ _ B O O T _

B _

N O R T O N

_ _ S T E R

Paladin - E (1) may guess a consonant, vowel or solve
IB - D (0) may guess a consonant
Quis - may guess a consonant

Used letters F, S, C, R, T, P, O, N, B, M, E, D

H for History
After my guess, I did Google, so I disqualify myself from the rest of this puzzle.
Book:

P H _ N T O M

T O _ _ B O O T H

B _

N O R T O N

_ _ S T E R

Paladin - H (2) may guess a consonant, vowel or solve

Used letters F, S, C, R, T, P, O, N, B, M, E, D, H
Um.....U?
Book:

P H _ N T O M

T O _ _ B O O T H

B _

N O R T O N

_ U S T E R

Paladin - U (1) may guess a consonant, vowel or solve

Used letters F, S, C, R, T, P, O, N, B, M, E, D, H, U
PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH BY NORTON JUSTER?
L for Line
Hooray for Paladin!
Up for Paladin!
Le bump!
Paladin had his chance. New puzzle

Before and After

_ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _
S for Sequence
Before and After

S _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ S _

IB can pick a vowel or a consanant, or solve.
E for Everything
Before and After

S _ _ _ E _ - _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

_ _ E

_ _ _ SE

IB can pick a vowel or a consonant, or solve.
A for Alone
R for Recidivism
Before and After

S _ _ _ ER - _ A _

A _ _ _ _

_ _ E

_ _ _ SE

IB - A -2 can pick a consonant, or solve.
Reboot R - 1 Can pick a consonant, a vowel, or solve
T for Truism
Before and After

S _ _ _ ER - _ A _

A _ _ _T

T _ E

_ _ _ SE

IB - T -2 can pick a consonant, a vowel or solve.

No missed letters yet
Oh poopy pants! I miss a couple of days and y'all started one without me. Sniffle.
O for opening
Oh poopy pants! I miss a couple of days and y'all started one without me. Sniffle.

Well, guess a consonant
Before and After

S _ _ _ ER - _ A _

A _ O _T

T _ E

_ O _ SE

IB - O -2 can pick a consonant, or solve.

No missed letters yet
H for Happy
Before and After

S _ _ _ ER - _ A _

A _ O _T

THE

HO _ SE

IB - O -2 can pick a consonant, a vowel or solve.

No missed letters yet

I think IB is going to get this puzzle as he is the only one playing.
U for Understood
Before and After

S _ _ _ ER - _ A _

A _ OUT

THE

HOUSE

IB - O -2 can pick a consonant, or solve.

No missed letters yet

I think IB is going to get this puzzle as he is the only one playing.

B for Brainteaser
Before and After

S _ _ _ ER - _ A _

ABOUT

THE

HOUSE

IB - B -1 can solve.

No missed letters yet

I will not accept guessed letters from IB

P as in pooh for being late to the party
I'm stumped
Before and After

SP _ _ ER - _ A _

ABOUT

THE

HOUSE

IB - can solve.
Jfposey P-1 can guess a vowel, a consonant, or solve

No missed letters yet

I will not accept guessed letters from IB
Spider-Man about the house?
That is the solution
Video Game & Character

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ &

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
T for Theme
R as in Record
Video Game & Character

_ _ R _ _ _ _

_ _ R _

_ _ _ _ &

T _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Quis - R - 2 may guess a consonant, vowel or solve
IB - T - 1 may guess a consonant or solve
S for Suikoden
A as in Ash
Video Game & Character

_ _ R _ _ _ _

_ _ R _

_ A _ _ &

T A _ _ _ _ _ _

Used letters: R T A S

Quis - A- 2 may guess a consonant or solve
IB - S - 0 may guess a consonant

N as in Nintendo
L for Link
Video Game & Character

_ _ R _ _ _ N

_ _ R _

_ A _ N &

T A L L N _ _ _

Used letters: R T A S L N

Quis - N- 3 may guess a vowel, consonant or solve
IB - L - 2 may guess a consonant or solve
O as in Origami
M for Modern
Video Game & Character

_ O R _ _ O N

_ _ R O

_ A _ N &

T A L L N _ _ _

Used letters: R T A S L N O M

Quis - O- 3 may guess a vowel, consonant or solve
IB - M - O may guess a consonant
D as in Devo
G for Gorgon
Video Game & Character

_ O R _ _ O N

_ _ R O

D A _ N &

T A L L N _ _ _

Used letters: R T A S L N O M D G

Quis - D- 1 may guess a vowel, consonant or solve
IB - G - O may guess a consonant
C as in Crash Bandicot
Wow. I am really bad at this puzzle.

B for Bad
Video Game & Character

_ O R _ _ O N

_ _ R O

D A _ N &

T A L L N _ C _

Used letters: R T A S L N O M D G C B

Quis - C - 1 may guess a vowel, consonant or solve
IB - B - 0 may guess a consonant
E as in Everything
W for Wah

Video Game & Character

_ O R _ _ O N

_ E R O

D A _ N &

T A L L N E C _

Used letters: R T A S L N O M D G C B E W

Quis - E - 2 may guess a vowel, consonant or solve
IB - W - 0 may guess a consonant
Z for Zero
Video Game & Character

_ O R _ Z O N

Z E R O

D A _ N &

T A L L N E C _

Used letters: R T A S L N O M D G C B E W Z

IB - Z - 2 may guess a vowel, consonant or solve
Horizon Zero Dawn & Tallneck?
IB WINS!!!!
yay!!!!

That Z helped a lot.

New puzzle up soon!
I'd like to buy a bump please, Pat!
Yikes! i had no idea. sorry everyone

_ _ _ _ _

Color
I almost pm'ed you! wink

I'll try an "R" as in Radiation Roy!
P as is Perfume Girl
_ R _ _ _

Color

EDE - R - 1
Jfposey - P - 0

EDE may solve or guess a vowel or guess a consonant.
Jfposey and anyone else may guess a consonant.

(I hope I remembered and interpreted the rules right!)
I almost pm'ed you! wink

Hey, that's my modus operandi wink
I'll guess an "O" for Ornitho.
no other takers?

No O in this color.

_ R _ _ _

Color

"N" for Negative Nell.
G for my mood Grey
G R _ _ N

Color

EDE - N - 1
Jfposey - G - 1

As there is a tie, nobody may guess a vowel.

EDE may guess a consonant or solve.
Jfposey may guess a consonant or solve.

There are no more consonants to guess.

Already guessed: O, P
I will attempt to solve with GREEN!
and you got it!!
Yay! But given that this thread has reached 2,000 posts, it's time to close it and start new one, which I shall promptly do!
© Legion World