Legion World
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/09/23 05:02 PM
Welcome to......

Kill This Thread XLVI

The following rules were established by Kent Shakespeare at the start of the first 24-hour version, adapted from the original rules by EDE:

The rules:

1. The Basic Idea: Post to this thread, if no one posts after you for 24 hours, you win!

2. Posts that are not direct responses to one of the five preceding posts are ineligible to win. The topic can drift, but no complete non-sequitors. Posts that are responses to non-sequitors are also ineligible to win. Posts that are responses to responses to non-sequitors, and response nses to those posts, etc., become eligible, however.

3. In the event that this thread is locked, there shall be no winner unless a new thread is started for the contest. Furthermore, any post that results in the banning of the poster shall also be ineligible to win.

4. So, more precisely, one wins if one makes a post, and then no one makes another post that's eligible to win for 24 hours.

Here's a history of our various felons, along with a few missed opportunities.....

I - walkwithcrowds (7-day version)
II - none
III - none
IV - Quislet, Esq
V - Rockhopper Lad (the first 24-hour version)
VI - Rockhopper Lad
VII - cleome
VIII - Rockhopper Lad
IX - Rockhopper Lad
X - none
XI - none
XII - none
XIII - Invisible Brainiac
XIV - Invisible Brainiac
XV - Invisible Brainiac
XVI - Invisible Brainiac
XVII - Invisible Brainiac
XVIII - cleome
XIX - cleome
XX - cleome
XXI - Jfposey
XXII - Invisible Brainiac
XXIII - jfposey
XIV - Invisible Brainiac
XV - PALADIN (eff YEAH!!!)
XVI- Quislet, Esq.
XVII - Invisible Brainiac
XVIII - none
XIX - none
XX - Quislet, Esq.
XXI - thoth lad
XXII - Ann Hebistand
XXIII - Quislet, Esq.
XXIV - Invisible Brainiac
XXV - Invisible Brainiac
XXVI - Quislet, Esq.
XXVII - thoth lad
XXVIII - Quislet, Esq.
XXIX - Eryk Davis Ester
XXX - Invisible Brainiac
XXXI - Invisible Brainiac
XXXII - Ann Hebistand
XXXIII - Invisible Brainiac
XXXIV - Invisible Brainiac
XXXV - none
XXXVI - thoth lad
XXXVII - Ann Hebistand
XXXVIII - Invisible Brainiac
XXXIX - thoth Lad
XL - Invisible Brainiac
XLI - thoth lad
XLII - Ann Hebistand
XLIII - thoth lad
XLIV - thoth lad
XLV - Ann Hebistand
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/09/23 05:29 PM
Return of the living thread.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/09/23 06:47 PM
I've liked Dan O'Bannon films even when I had no idea of his involvement. Return of the Living Dead being one of them. I would have got that from the video store based on the garish cover.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/09/23 06:57 PM
What's your opinion of "Lifeforce," Thoth?

(Co-written by Dan O'Bannon & Don Jakoby.)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/09/23 07:00 PM
I’m not Thoth, but I haven’t read it. I’ll look it up
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/09/23 07:23 PM
It's not a book, it's a movie.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/09/23 08:43 PM
The film does take a lot from it's source book, Colin Wilson's Space Vampires. IIRC Wilson wrote this and two others, including The Mind Parasites, as a challenge to write some Lovecraftian stories after he criticised some work in that area.Wilson would also write the Welsh based Return of the Lloigor, as a nod to Lovecraft.

It's worth mentioning the book, as some of the clunkier bits in the film are a result of keeping parts that should be dropped and adding some parts that don't quite work. The ESA scientist, who happens to get a giant sword delivered to him in the film, being just one example. The pointless masochism of a nurse in the film for another.

But overall, it's a film that I really like. It has a layered approach, with each part of the film revealing something else. Simultaneously getting to the core, while increasing in scope. Nigel Kneale's (frequently pinched) Quatermass stories have the same structure, and it's no coincidence here.

So Dan O'Bannon, as with Alien, had a great time mining the sci-fi/horror sources he loved, for a property that already had a foot firmly in both genres. Hooper got a massive budget from Cannon, who were looking to establish themselves. Good effects people with a plot that keeps getting bigger. The Director's Cut is well worth a watch.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/09/23 09:03 PM
Time to cut some peppers and chorizo for dinner
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/09/23 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by thoth lad
The film does take a lot from it's source book, Colin Wilson's Space Vampires. IIRC Wilson wrote this and two others, including The Mind Parasites, as a challenge to write some Lovecraftian stories after he criticised some work in that area.Wilson would also write the Welsh based Return of the Lloigor, as a nod to Lovecraft.

It's worth mentioning the book, as some of the clunkier bits in the film are a result of keeping parts that should be dropped and adding some parts that don't quite work. The ESA scientist, who happens to get a giant sword delivered to him in the film, being just one example. The pointless masochism of a nurse in the film for another.

But overall, it's a film that I really like. It has a layered approach, with each part of the film revealing something else. Simultaneously getting to the core, while increasing in scope. Nigel Kneale's (frequently pinched) Quatermass stories have the same structure, and it's no coincidence here.

So Dan O'Bannon, as with Alien, had a great time mining the sci-fi/horror sources he loved, for a property that already had a foot firmly in both genres. Hooper got a massive budget from Cannon, who were looking to establish themselves. Good effects people with a plot that keeps getting bigger. The Director's Cut is well worth a watch.

Thanks for the review, Thoth. I found it insightful and thoughtful.

Hooper brought a lot of energy to the project, and made the best use of the big budget and seasoned effects crew. It's almost as if he was out to prove his Poltergeist naysayers wrong, and he did.

I have seen the Director's Cut, and I like it even better than the theatrical version. I especially appreciate the extra scenes of the space mission.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/10/23 02:08 PM
Poltergeist is an original character in Harbi’s fanfic!
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/11/23 01:26 AM
I admire Harbi's writing talent and her ability to expand the Legion mythos by taking it to places never before imagined.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/11/23 01:51 AM
And what a large cast she juggles well too
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/11/23 07:33 PM
Are we ready for the return of....

[Linked Image from juggle.org]
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/11/23 08:43 PM
And, of course, decades later, Marvel came up with a Juggler ripoff. His name was Oddball.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/12/23 07:42 PM
I nicknamed my Natu in Pokemon Silver "Oddball", once upon a time.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/12/23 08:21 PM
Green Lantern Soranik Natu was not a favorite of mine at first, but I came around to liking her.

The mid-noughties Green Lantern stories don't hold up well, but they did introduce several characters with potential.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/12/23 08:26 PM
I always found the GL Corps very fascinating! such a lot of cool GLs!
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/12/23 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
I always found the GL Corps very fascinating! such a lot of cool GLs!

I agree, although I often feel like the GLC is still waiting for a talented creative team to come along and do the definitive version.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/12/23 10:46 PM
While Alan Moore's back ups in Tales of the GLC were good, and have been mined for all they are worth by DC, he was just one of a number of writers, and not the first, to provide interesting stories for that feature.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/12/23 11:26 PM
While Alan Moore's back ups in Tales of the GLC were good, and have been mined for all they are worth by DC, he was just one of a number of writers, and not the first, to provide interesting stories for that feature.

Oh, I agree that there have been good GL writers over the years (John Broome, who created a lot of the concepts introduced in the Silver Age, is my personal favorite,) but there's never been a writer-artist team who have wholly satisfied me (I adore Gil Kane, who drew all of the Broome scripts, but his style wasn't yet fully formed.)

To give a more relevant example, the original GLC miniseries from 1981 has a great story diminished by ugly Joe Staton art.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/13/23 11:08 AM
Both Harbi and razsolo have done some interesting things with the GL Corps in their respective fics.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/13/23 10:33 PM
Yes. I also love what Harbi has done with the Shazam mythos in her fics.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/14/23 07:58 AM
and the Legion Academy!
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/14/23 01:39 PM
What I admire most about Harbi, and this also applies to Raz, and GL, and Omni, and you yourself, Ibby, is how each of you has managed to contain their stories within one single continuity. I wish I could do that, but after all these years, I'm still on a quest for a continuity I don't get tired of after one or two storylines.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/14/23 06:22 PM
Thank you, Ann, I appreciate that! I think one thing we all have in common, is we chose continuities that we liked, and just kicked off from a certain point in time - and kept going onwards.

I'm sure you will be able to do the same, once you do find a continuity that suits you smile
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/15/23 12:20 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, Ibby. smile
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/15/23 05:08 PM
any time, Annfie smile
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/15/23 06:09 PM
Any Time is just when the Time Trapper could attack!
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/15/23 08:47 PM
Bah! Who's afraid of the Time Trapper anymore?
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/15/23 10:59 PM
You just think it was your decision to change your avatar Fickles. But the Trapper has changed all your preferences, behind the scenes. It won't be long before your Who Is Wonder Girl tribute thread appears.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/15/23 11:14 PM
ROTFLMAO

lol

The Time Trapper: a one-sentient Illuminati.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/16/23 01:40 AM
Pocket universe time!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/16/23 02:14 AM
Do the Time Trapper robes even have pockets?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/16/23 01:19 PM
Where else do the Trappers keep all their pocket universes?
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/16/23 02:11 PM
Where else do the Trappers keep all their pocket universes?

Hopefully somewhere that's sanitary. eek shudder
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/16/23 10:30 PM
At the end of time, a purple robed figure sits on a rocky outcrop and stares out at entropy. The universe sputters it's last, it's final stars fading from existence. The Trapper gazes out at the end of all things. There was no way he was going to get a plumber out here now.

From his cloak, existence's remaining plunger is produced. There was no choice now. If he couldn't fix his port-a-loo now, he'd just have to go back in time and take over a world where there were an abundance of conveniences.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/17/23 09:24 AM
It's a-me, Mario!
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/17/23 12:38 PM
LOL

An emergency like this would require both of the Mario Brothers.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/17/23 04:35 PM
And Yoshi too
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/17/23 08:40 PM
And Yoshi too

An ex-neighbor of mine named her cute little puppy after Yoshi. I miss them both.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/17/23 10:06 PM
A new cat poked his head over the back wall of the garden the other day. Teddy has been notified, and is on alert.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/17/23 10:33 PM
Does Teddy Cat enjoy 50s rock n roll? smile
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/17/23 10:48 PM
He likes me singing, if I change the words to be compliments about him.

More of a hepcat, but who doesn't like hits such as:-
Rip It Up (With my Claws)
Don't Be Cruel (That's My Job)
Long Tail Sally
Whole Lotta Huntin' Going On
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/18/23 11:24 AM
The neighbor's cat still hasn't forgiven me for petting her in the wrong spot.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/18/23 12:26 PM
Now, for anyone worried about where "the wrong spot" is, it's wherever your feline overlord happens to decide at any given moment.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/18/23 07:34 PM
Capricious felines!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/18/23 07:50 PM
Not like most dogs, they’re just happy for love and attention
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/18/23 08:47 PM
I'm watching the first season of Get Smart right now. Have not seen it since it was in syndication in the 1980s. In these early episodes, one of the secret agents is a big friendly dog! I had never seen these early episodes before.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/18/23 09:01 PM
I loved the first two seasons of Get Smart! After that, as with so many TV shows, the lead actor's vanity and egomania hurt the quality of the product.

(Welcome back, Cleome!)
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/18/23 09:05 PM
I got a good deal on Season One at the thrift store last Saturday (six bucks!) but I've only found time to watch part of the first disc so far.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/18/23 09:52 PM
I love those kinds of bargains! I recently tracked down a used copy of Read Yourself Raw for next to nothing!
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/18/23 10:30 PM
cool

They used to be available in my college library and at least half the works went right over my head. But at least I tried. Heh. (I might do better with it now.)

I did lay in a good stock of art books because Alibris is a relentless sender of coupons. But that was last month and I've barely had time to dent them. Pretty, though.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/19/23 11:07 AM
yay, cleome!

I first read the Wheel of Time series when I was like, 11. went over my head. revisited at 14, I could get into them better then
Posted By: stile86 Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/19/23 11:12 PM
Maxwell Smart is the reason I have 86 as part of my online name.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/20/23 01:38 AM
I have failed at Gen-X nerdom by *not* noticing that myself! shocked

Also, thanks for the reminder that my profile needed updating to reflect my current age.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/20/23 08:53 AM
I remember my statistics class - we were discussing a better data point to collect. Collecting birthdays is useful, as one can always use that data to update the precise age
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/20/23 11:39 AM
And here I had thought that Stile used 86 because 1986 was a seminal year for comic books!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/20/23 10:03 PM
A lot of people use their birth year as part of their online names, which is risky.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/20/23 11:29 PM
I needed to create a password between 12 and 32 letters with a selection of special, characters, digits and caps the other day for a site to watch football. I resigned myself to resetting the password, if I want to watch in future. No way I was remembering it.
Posted By: stile86 Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/21/23 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by Ann Hebistand
And here I had thought that Stile used 86 because 1986 was a seminal year for comic books!
Never thought of that but you could certainly argue that it was!

A lot of people use their birth year as part of their online names, which is risky.
I only wish that was the year of my birth. So much youth! Let's just say that I watched Get Smart if not on first release at least within the first years of repeats here in Australia.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/21/23 11:00 AM
I needed to create a password between 12 and 32 letters with a selection of special, characters, digits and caps the other day for a site to watch football. I resigned myself to resetting the password, if I want to watch in future. No way I was remembering it.

I use password reset a lot myself, these days...
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/21/23 01:55 PM
stile68 wrote:
I only wish that was the year of my birth. So much youth! Let's just say that I watched Get Smart if not on first release at least within the first years of repeats here in Australia.

I would have been four years old when it went off the air. So if I saw it in the first run, I have no memory of it. I think it was in the early Eighties that I became really aware of it, though I probably saw an episode or two syndicated before that.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/21/23 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by cleome57
stile68 wrote:

I would have been four years old when it went off the air. So if I saw it in the first run, I have no memory of it. I think it was in the early Eighties that I became really aware of it, though I probably saw an episode or two syndicated before that.

My peak awareness of Get Smart was during its Nick At Nite run in the mid-1990s. An oasis of healthy escapism during a decade that, for me personally at least, was mostly horrible. Get Smart and, of course, Mystery Science Theatre 3000.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/21/23 09:59 PM
I bumped my MST3K thread even though I think you and I are the only fans left on here.

I really enjoyed the last season a lot, so I'm digging deep again and donating in hopes of there being another one.

(I just hope my dentist doesn't find out that I diverted my not-even-acquired-yet holiday bonus for this purpose. wink )

I have yet to hear a Legion reference on the show. But when I did an amateur riff-a-long of Ninja Terminator, with some friends from the now-defunct ( frown ) Club MST3K, I made a point of getting at least one in there. And another MSTie recognized it right away!! Woo!
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/21/23 10:22 PM
That's awesome, Cleome!

I think you're probably right about us being the last two active MSTies at Legion World. frown

Sorry I couldn't think of anything to reply to you with in the MST3K thread. I do hope you enjoyed those "Danger! Death Ray" links I posted before you bumped the thread.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/21/23 10:41 PM
I'm already digging cleome's greater activity here on LW! And I have never even watched MST3K!
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/22/23 05:16 PM
Actually, there is one other MST3K fan who's a semi-regular at Legion World: Gaseous Lad.

I get the impression he'd be here more often if he wasn't so busy being a dad and doing work-related travel.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/22/23 07:05 PM
I agree with your impression!
Posted By: stile86 Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/23/23 01:55 AM
So does Impression Lad (Ladette? Impression Individual?) leave a mark on the ground or walls where ever they go or do they leave such and impression on their teammates that they can't stop thinking about them even when they want to?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/23/23 07:30 AM
both!
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/23/23 01:04 PM
Song break!

The Impressions, "It's All Right"

https://youtu.be/p3-Gy111tXc?si=6eB3W9Sa_24NV2XG
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/23/23 02:58 PM
Photo break!

Boracay, Philippines

https://a.cdn-hotels.com/gdcs/produ...fcrop&w=1600&h=1066&q=medium
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/23/23 03:11 PM
That's beautiful! Thanks, Ibby!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/23/23 07:16 PM
glad you like it, Annfie! and thanks too for sharing that lovely song!
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/24/23 03:03 PM
You're very welcome, Ibby. Here's another:

The Impressions, "I'm So Proud:"

https://youtu.be/UNydHZolkc8?si=fTNAWpC4oLufbFLM
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/24/23 04:31 PM
Nice! thank you again for sharing, Annfie!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/25/23 10:42 AM
If I sing along to it, am I doing an Impressions impression?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/25/23 05:32 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a brand called Impressions somewhere...

yes, found it

https://www.shopimpressions.com/collections/impressions
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/25/23 08:59 PM
Impressive! smile
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/25/23 10:16 PM
It made an impression for sure!
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/25/23 10:45 PM
Good thing it tried to impress instead of repress or supress.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/26/23 12:26 AM
I regressed in repressing my impressions to impress.
Posted By: stile86 Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/26/23 12:36 AM
Almost sounds like a press gang to me.
Posted By: Gaseous Lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/26/23 03:53 AM
A press gang sounds like the journalism or yearbook clubs in high school.

But with knives.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/26/23 10:52 AM
"You gonna subscribe to our newsletter NOW?"
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/26/23 12:08 PM
I live in a coastal town, but the only piracy here is probably the local pub illegally streaming football. There's not been a press gang since the local paper went digital.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/26/23 05:43 PM
Some people I know used to use Limewire to download pirated files
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/26/23 06:04 PM
I think Live Wire is a better name than Lightning Lad.
Posted By: Gaseous Lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/26/23 06:39 PM
I agree - and it was going great until they double-used the name for the Superman villain.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/27/23 08:51 AM
I liked a lot of the new names introduced during SW6. Live Wire, Inferno, Alchemist, Triad, Gossamer, Apparition...
Posted By: Gaseous Lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/27/23 01:00 PM
I think Gossamer was the only one that didn't work for me. Apparition was kind of on the bubble. Phase would have worked better, but that one was taken. wink
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/27/23 01:37 PM
Apparition could have been better if it were shorter and spiffier.

Gossamer worked for me because I read some kid's stories about gossamer before smile

Valor was kind of meh for me; though I guess it fit the character's explorer nature.

I liked Spark smile

Leviathan was okay too.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/27/23 01:48 PM
I liked Spark, too. Spark
Posted By: Gaseous Lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/27/23 03:16 PM
Also a Spark fan.

Leviathan is a bit of a mouthful for a code name. You want these to have 2, maybe three syllables max. Exactly why no one really called Vi by the whole thing outside of the roll call. laugh
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/27/23 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Gaseous Lad
Also a Spark fan.

Leviathan is a bit of a mouthful for a code name. You want these to have 2, maybe three syllables max. Exactly why no one really called Vi by the whole thing outside of the roll call. laugh

Another tryout rejection for Dodecahedron Boy and Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Lass.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/27/23 06:47 PM
Antidisestablishmentarianism Damsel?
Posted By: Gaseous Lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/27/23 06:53 PM
I was always thinking that they should have a hero named The Rhombic Triacontahedron Kid who would shoot 30-sided dice from his fingers.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/27/23 10:07 PM
Giant 30 sided dice, ouch
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/28/23 12:25 AM
But why did our three Legion founders:-

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Lass.

Antidisestablishmentarianism Damsel

The Rhombic Triacontahedron Kid

reject Superboy for membership?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/28/23 07:08 AM
If he had called himself Superstupendousamazingbrilliant Boy, we might be having a different conversation
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/28/23 12:40 PM
Sadly rejected due to his weakness to anyone showing modesty in his vicinity.
Posted By: Gaseous Lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/28/23 12:54 PM
Because he tried to give "The Flash" the whole OTHER meaning in the 30th century!

(I guess then he'd be the streak....)
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/28/23 05:48 PM
I'm just about old enough to remember when streaking was a fad. Even Snoopy took it up (by removing his dog collar. LOL)
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/28/23 06:03 PM
Boogity, boogity.
Posted By: Gaseous Lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/28/23 06:04 PM
There was even a song about it!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/28/23 09:12 PM
Is it like Rule 34?
Posted By: Gaseous Lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/28/23 09:32 PM
LOL!!!

No it was the song "The Streak" by Ray Stevens in 1974.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=XtzoUu7w-YM
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/29/23 07:41 AM
ah nice, thanks for the link!
Posted By: Gaseous Lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/29/23 12:15 PM
Yeah its a weird bit of trivia that some of us olds remember. laugh
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/29/23 02:18 PM
are you admitting your age? tongue
Posted By: Gaseous Lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/29/23 05:00 PM
I am proudly an old.

But I'm cool old. tongue laugh
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/29/23 05:13 PM
I'm old, too, and I feel a lot happier than when I was young.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/29/23 06:40 PM
Experience gives me different things to be miserable about. smile
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/30/23 11:05 AM
what does not kill you, makes you stronger, they say...

unless it makes you weaker...
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/30/23 11:26 AM
Most of them are stupid people, such as Kelly Clarkson.
Posted By: Kappa Kid Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/30/23 05:27 PM
I hate Kelly Clarkson's music!
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/30/23 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Kappa Kid
I hate Kelly Clarkson's music!

I hate it, too.

(I knew I could count on you, Kappa.)
Posted By: Kappa Kid Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/30/23 05:33 PM
hug

I never saw her season, but my family were super into American Idol for a little while when I was a kid.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 11/30/23 05:43 PM
Consider yourself lucky you didn't see her season. She did the worst screaming-white-girl version of Aretha Franklin's "Respect" imaginable!

Of course, the judges loved it. Those fools.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 12/01/23 08:42 AM
Haven't watched American Idol in ages.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 12/02/23 11:22 AM
Did Kelly Clarkson's awful singing help Ibby kill this thread? smile
Posted By: Gaseous Lad Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 12/02/23 02:35 PM
Wouldn't be the first time or the last.... laugh
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 12/03/23 08:44 AM
If I did kill this thread, the assist goes to Kelly!
Posted By: stile86 Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 12/03/23 10:36 PM
Ann's right you know. There was 26 hours between your post about American Idol and her response.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Kill This Thread XLVI - 12/04/23 11:00 AM
thanks for confirming, stile! time to do the procedures...
© Legion World