Legion World
Posted By: Brainiac 5 D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 05/14/05 03:04 AM
Since the best show on TV doesn't have a thread yet, I'll start one.

Q. What is the name of Cletus the slack-jawed yokel's wife?

Brainiac53
Is it Durlene?
Close but no cigar, LF223.
Posted By: .. Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 05/14/05 01:37 PM
Lurlene isn't it?
I think that Lurleen was the country singer that Homer managed.
Is it Brandeen? Brandine?
Could it be Doraleen?
Brandine is correct. You're up Star Boy!
Woooo!

Okay... my question concerns the planned community designed by Hank Scorpio for his Globex Corporation henchmen/employees...

Q) What was the street the Simpsons family moved to in the town?

BQ1) Bonus Points (not needed to get the answer right) if you know the name of the town!

BQ2) And true Simpsaniac rating (again not needed to get the answer) if you can give the number of their house in that street! smile
it was mapleway system or something like that
Oh boy that is soooo close!

(Maybe I should give it to you given the dearth of responses! hehehehe)
Okay, giving this one to Polar Boy to move it along!

The address was 15201 Maple Systems Road, Cypress Creek.

Over to you PB! smile
Um ok comic book guy apparently refers to his arse as which comic vilian?
The Blob?
the Riddler.

what was Duffman's real name?
Kid Psychout has it (But he knew that)
yeh, sorry guys, had a whole day computer access so's tried to make the most of it.

alacrity still no excuse for poor manner.

back to whenever i go up to computer cafe, weekly at best, so's in the interest of moving things along for yez the correct answer is Barry Duffman and i guess Polar Boy should ask the next question.

ps does anybody know if Comic Shop Guy has been given a real name? I was told he told Agnes Skinner his name was Steven, but have been unable to check on this.
The episode that aired right after the Super Bowl this year it was revealed that his name was...wait a minute. I could use that as a trivia question. Better not give it away here. laugh
Wasn't duffman's real name "barry"? I could be wrong, going on dusty memory cells, lol.
ok heres a question.
Which Futurama Characters have appeared in the simpsons?
Vendor and Leila
your sort of half right
Originally posted by PolarBoy:
your sort of half right
I know Vendor was on it, was it Fry?
It wasn't Lur, monarch of Omicron Persei 8. was it? laugh

I love those aliens.
Bender has appeared twice in actual episodes and Fry appeared once in the opening credits.

Also if the you have the man street set for the simpsons figures Fry and leela are silouetted in one of the shop windows.

Viv is up
Let's see,

In Season 15, in epidode "I, D'oh!-Bot" (when Homer pretends to be a robot to please Bart), Homer has a daydream of his worst fears of getting killed by a robot while making a speech, in the daydream, which famous actress does he claim to be the husband of?
Marilyn Monroe ????
Marilyn Monroe ????
Nope, here's a major clue:

look at my profile!
Angelica Huston
Anjelica Huston
Yeppers, you're up Polar Bouy!
Ok Which member of the Royal family have we seen grounds keeper Willie fantasisng about?
ok that was Fergie.
First person who reads this can have next question.
According to the marquee at the Springfield Convention Center, which two rooms are hosting the candy convention and the candy shaped rat poison convention? (I may not have the two convention names exactly right.)
The two conventions were held in rooms "101" and "10!". See its funny because they could be easily confused. And it would be a DISASTER to confuse candy with rat poison. Ahem.

(Sound of crickets chirping.) Is this thing on?

Well I just didnt want to to leave the thread open ended. Next up is the first person who wants it.
Who voiced the substitute teacher that Lisa had a crush on?
Albert Brooks?
I think it was Dustin Hoffman.
Posted By: Calybos Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 08/19/05 01:59 PM
The voice of Mr. Bergstrom was credited to "Sam Etic," but they've used pseudonyms before (as with the Michael Jackson appearance, credited to "John Jay Smith").

It's commonly assumed to have been Dustin Hoffman, and "Sam Etic" is most likely a pun on "semitic."
Posted By: Blacula Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 08/20/05 11:31 AM
Was that really Michael Jackson in that episode!?! I saw the John Jay Smith credit and just assumed they'd used a sound-alike. Why didn't they give his real name?
Posted By: Calybos Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 08/20/05 12:45 PM
Something else else to do with contractual obligations: you're not allowed to appear (credited) in another project while you're signed on with a current one, or some such.
Posted By: Blacula Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 08/20/05 12:57 PM
Interesting. Thanks.
Yes, it was indeed Dustin Hoffman. As for michael jackson, he is a control freak nut and didn't want his real name used according to what they said at the time.

I don't know about Hoffman.

So, CMK, the floor is yours.
OK, I started this thread so I'll bump it. Complete this quote and give me the character who said it:

"Just remember: wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and the U.S. has the best doctor to __________ ratio in the world."
Posted By: Calybos Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 02/18/06 01:12 PM
"Doctor-to-daredevil ratio." That's Captain Lance Murdock, who got Bart interested in the field of death-defiance, leading to Homer's failed attempt to leap the Springfield Gorge. Whew!
That's right!! Your turn, Calybos.
Posted By: Calybos Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 02/21/06 09:11 PM
Another easy one: How did Bart stall Sideshow Bob for time when he was trapped on a houseboat with him?
He asked him to sing the entire score of HMS Pinafore?
Posted By: Calybos Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 02/22/06 04:58 PM
Correct!
OK...what adjective can be used to describe the word "embiggens"?
Posted By: Bevis Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 02/22/06 05:44 PM
Ermm... it's something like crumulent I think.
Yes, it is a perfectly cromulent word.

Your question, Bevis.
Posted By: Bevis Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 02/22/06 06:19 PM
Heh heh. I like that episode just for the bit with miss Hoover and Mrs Krabapple in teh back of the room when they're showing the film.

Hmmm, OK, now I have to think of a question don't I? Ermmm...

Which Futurama character very briefly appeared in an episode of the Simpsons?
I'll guess Bender (wasn't it an advertisement for Futurama?)
Fry?
Posted By: Bevis Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 03/03/06 07:31 AM
It was Bender, a couple of times in fact. I think twice in dream sequences and once in the episode where there's the comic book convention and someone is dressed as him. Sort of vaguely ry is in that episode too since Matt Groening is in it and draws a sketch of Fry (for Milhouse I think) but Bender is the onyl one to actually having a speaking part in the Simpsons.

Your go Brainy.
Thanks Bevis.

What two things are shown to Lisa warning her of the consequences of not getting braces?
Okay, clue time. One was a computer simulation of what she would look like by not getting braces, and the other was...
Posted By: Calybos Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 03/19/06 05:48 PM
Sorry, I can't recall. Although I DO remember that great "Joker" scene when the braces were installed and she was groping for a mirror... the creepy laugh and all.

And "Calvin Klein's Obsession--For Teeth" was hilarious.
The other was the Big Book of British Smiles.
Correct Matthew E!! You're up!
This one shouldn't be too tough, especially for this crowd. What were Bart and Lisa's names as superheroes?
Posted By: Calybos Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 03/21/06 09:16 PM
Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl!
There you go.
Posted By: Calybos Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 03/22/06 11:23 PM
Life lesson from Homer to Bart: "If something's hard to do...."

Finish the quote.
"...then it's not worth doing."
Posted By: Calybos Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 03/23/06 11:29 PM
Of course. Your turn, LL.
Been hanging on to this one for awhile. Should be answered quick:

What is Comic Book Guy's real name?
That would be....Jeff Albertson?
That would be him. You're up LAM!
Groovy!

Name two of Bart's tormentors (any two will do)
Nelson Muntz and Jimbo Jones.
No...I was thinking more Terri and Sherri tease

Over to you, Brainiac 5!
What did Bart name the two lizards he hatched from eggs that he thought came from a bird he had killed?
Okay, nobody remembers Chirpy Boy and Bart Jr.??

Someone else can ask a question then.
Posted By: Calybos Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 05/03/06 10:42 PM
When we see Homer's first high-school flashback (to when he met Marge), he's driving his car complete with chain-style steering wheel and singing along to what song?
The Joker?
Posted By: Calybos Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 05/05/06 10:15 PM
Correct!
Whose glasses once saved Homer from getting fired?
Bump/hint time: former U.S. Secretary of State.
Kissinger?
Yep. His glasses had fallen into the toilet, and Homer fished them out. Kissinger was too embarrassed to tell Burns and Smithers just how he lost his glasses, and ended up injured as a result (not seen, reported by Kent Brockman later).

Go ahead, Matthew!
When Lisa's playing her guitar in support of the striking nuclear plant workers, what song request does she take?
Posted By: Calybos Re: D'OH!! It's The Simpson's Trivia Thread! - 05/11/06 09:51 PM
"Classical Gas" by Mason Williams.
Keerect. Ask away.
© Legion World