Legion World
Posted By: Ghost of Numf El Europe - 06/02/05 10:10 AM
http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/country_europe_G2_drag-drop.swf

For everyone out there who have always wondered where Europe was.

FYI I live here and I still got 6 wrong (though only one waaaaay off).
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: Europe - 06/02/05 11:42 AM
Anything smaller than Luxemburg, I missed. BTW, the Vatican is now on the East side of Italy.
Posted By: Bevis Re: Europe - 06/02/05 11:56 AM
oooh, shame on me. I didn't do very well at all. I got most of the big countries (Western Europe and Scandanavia) and all the ones with obvious coastlines, but the ones in the middle I didn't do very well on at all. Places like Latvia and Albania and stuff I completely misplaced. Hell, I even put Austria in the wrong place which isn't good. Admittedly it also listed me as having got Andorra, Vatican City and Monaco in the wrong place despite the fact that I was only very slightly off, which I thought was a bit mean since I put Belgium way out of where it actually is and it still said it was right.

But you know the really sad thing? I did it a second time straight after and still got about ten wrong. shocked
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Europe - 06/02/05 12:39 PM
I got 11 wrong. I think I would have done better if I could hav controled the order in which I placed the countries.

And the small ones were almost impossible to place.
Posted By: Kevin Re: Europe - 06/02/05 12:50 PM
I got 75% or 6 wrong but in reality did better because my hand slipped on one and the exact location on some smaller ones i didn't think was fair.

I'm kevin the CM of interlac the LSH APA. I don't come into this forum often but glad I did, I enjoy geography.
http://members.aol.com/interlac/
Kevin
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: Europe - 06/02/05 01:27 PM
It was all those little countries and all stupid eastern europe all spilting up....
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Europe - 06/02/05 01:58 PM
I got a 91% with four wrong. Average error of 24 miles. And same as everyone else it appears those stupid little countries are impossible to place. They need a zoom feature so you can pin-point those small countries if they are that picky about their placement.
Posted By: Chaim Mattis Keller Re: Europe - 06/02/05 02:05 PM
I only messed up on the tinies (Luxembourg, Vatican City, San Marino and Malta) and on Macedonia. I was counted wrong on Slovakia, but I was close enough that I'm satisfied, even if they weren't.
Posted By: Chaim Mattis Keller Re: Europe - 06/02/05 02:09 PM
Actually, I mean Leichtenstein. Luxembourg I got right.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Europe - 06/02/05 06:21 PM
I got three wrong - Belarus and Moldava were close, but hard to place exactly without context; as they came much earlier than their neighbors.

And I put Malta a little too far east.

93 percent, and an average errors of 16 miles. close enough that I can sleep tonight.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Europe - 06/02/05 06:36 PM
Second time out, missed two. Estonia, as a mental fart (I tried to but where Lithuania should go), and still misplaced damn little Malta! Avg error 15 miles.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Europe - 06/03/05 05:10 PM
My Eurpoean geography is terrible! I got 68% or 30/44 and would probably have done way worse than that if I hadn't gone searching for spaces that fit the shape of the countries I had, like a jigsaw puzzle.

At least I got the countries I've been to right.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Europe - 06/11/05 03:51 AM
I got 34/44, and a few of them were just trhoguh luck too - San Marino, Luxembourg, the Vatican City and Albania were all guesses.
Posted By: Star Boy Re: Europe - 06/11/05 04:13 AM
43/44 (Stupid Czech Republic! How was i supposed to place that correctly first country up? wink )
Average error 4 miles... 98% correct... 189 secs

Of course, I kinda have an advantage from my job.
Posted By: PolarBoy Re: Europe - 06/11/05 05:37 AM
I only got 66% DOH!
Posted By: PolarBoy Re: Europe - 06/12/05 10:03 AM
I have done this so many times now im addicted. are there any more? I think europe would be my best I could have a bash at south amrica and would suck severly at africa.

Also I head about a site called something like the world geography test and you register what country your from and do the test and they rank how world aware people from various countries are. Apparently australia isnt doing to weel does anybody know that address?
Posted By: Star Boy Re: Europe - 06/13/05 01:26 AM
More of the same available here Geography Quizzes - including versions where the names aren't listed, and the size or orientation needs to be selected properly as well as location...

And could this The Geography Olympics be the contest you're looking for? Off there myself to get some points for OZ! smile
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Europe - 06/13/05 03:17 AM
Geez I got 6 wrong which I guess isn't that bad. All in Eastern Europe ofcourse. I have to admit I had no idea AT ALL where Slovenia and Moldova where. Kinda sad because I befriended a couple of young people from Slovenia this weekend. Got the girls email (yes i am a dog) and I couldn't admit to them I had no idea where the hell it was. But I think they knew most people don't know since she said "I'm from Slovenia...it's by Poland". wink
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Europe - 06/13/05 03:20 AM
Well most of Eastern Europe is new geography basically. Damn Iron Curtain had kept us ignorant for years. doh!
Posted By: Star Boy Re: Europe - 06/13/05 03:44 AM
There is no such thing as 'new' geography... (says the history major hehehehe) wink
Posted By: Blacula Re: Europe - 06/13/05 12:44 PM
Jorg-Em - are you sure those girls weren't actually from Slovakia? That's a lot closer to Poland than Slovenia is.

(Slovenia being one of the only countries on the map I got right.)
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: Europe - 06/13/05 02:51 PM
Slovenia, Slovakia, Slavonia mad

They oughta just start giving em numbers. Same for all the "stans."

laugh
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Europe - 06/13/05 04:48 PM
57%

booooo
Posted By: Star Boy Re: Europe - 06/14/05 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Slovenia, Slovakia, Slavonia mad

They oughta just start giving em numbers. Same for all the "stans."

laugh
I assume the same goes for all those totally forgettable US states then? wink
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Europe - 06/14/05 03:27 AM
Blacula, doh! Yes she was from Slovakia. Geez. The other from Europe...both were hot. wink

And I forget about some of the States as well trust me. Middle america is the weak point. And it came be some that are very far apart. I mean who knew that Iowa and Idaho aren't the same. wink
Posted By: Star Boy Re: Europe - 06/14/05 07:52 AM
HAHAHAHAHA You have Iowa and Idaho... we have (insert yawn) South Australia. (j/k)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Europe - 06/14/05 10:20 AM
The Geography Olympics was fun - I got the Philippines' total average up by .004%!
Posted By: PolarBoy Re: Europe - 06/16/05 03:26 AM
well hows this for dumb i only saw a map of the english counties rescently and it dawned on me essex was in the east wessesx in the the west sussex in the south and wait for it middlesx in the middle
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Europe - 06/16/05 06:41 AM
And they were originally the homes of the .....wait for it....
East Saxons,
West Saxons
South Saxons
and ......yes you guessed it
Middle Saxons

My people really used their immaginations back in those days. lol
Posted By: Star Boy Re: Europe - 06/16/05 06:59 AM
Legend says the continental homeland of the North Saxons was destroyed in a devastating cataclysm, but a leading Saxon wise-man managed to strap his newborn son into a catapult and launch him to safety! Under the rainy skies of Britain, he achieved powers beyond those of mortal Saxons: more powerful than a ox-drawn cart, able to outrun a speeding arrow, and leap over the tallest megalithic stone structures!

Meanwhile, back in the real world - I learned a while back that Saxon was derived from 'sax', a type of sword. So the Saxons must've had a bit of a rep - the 'Sword Guys' of Europe. At least you knew what you were in for, I suppose. wink
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Europe - 06/16/05 11:06 AM
Pillage, rape and bloodshed I guess.

For the Saxons to be invited in to protect the Romano British from the feared Picts must mean that the Saxons had one hell of a fighting reputation
Posted By: Ghost of Numf El Re: Europe - 06/24/05 10:37 AM
Yeah Picts! Kick Ass!

F'n'A!
Posted By: Harbinger Re: Europe - 06/24/05 10:37 PM
We love the picts - they showed the Romans a thing or two!
Posted By: Semi Transparent Fellow Re: Europe - 06/24/05 10:57 PM
69%. Now I want to go to Moldova. Isn't that where they had the wedding masacre in the 4th season of Dynasty?
Posted By: KryptonKid Re: Europe - 04/18/12 01:49 AM
Because we all could stand to brush up on our geography. I mixed up Slovakia and Slovenia. frown
Posted By: Pov Re: Europe - 04/18/12 02:14 AM
IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! THE FINAL COUNT DOWN!!

*DEHNEHNEEEEHNUH... DEHnehNEHnehneeehhh...*
Posted By: Pov Re: Europe - 04/18/12 02:16 AM
(I can't beLIEVE this thread made it to page 3 without that... LOL... wink )
Posted By: Reboot Re: Europe - 04/18/12 02:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxa8WYydlEM
Posted By: Set Re: Europe - 04/18/12 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Pov:
IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! THE FINAL COUNT DOWN!!

*DEHNEHNEEEEHNUH... DEHnehNEHnehneeehhh...*
Oh, now I have that song stuck in my head! You brute!

Who wrote those lyrics? "We're headed to Venus, and we've so many light-years to go..."

Yeah, Venus is, at most, 15 light-*minutes* away from us, guys...
Posted By: Chaim Mattis Keller Re: Europe - 04/18/12 10:38 PM
Does the song specifically say that they're coming from Earth?

(I don't care about the lyrics, but I love the intro music to that song)
Posted By: Set Re: Europe - 04/18/12 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
Does the song specifically say that they're coming from Earth?

(I don't care about the lyrics, but I love the intro music to that song)
Not really, but they're singing in an earth language, so, unless English is popular in Proxima Centauri this time of year, or it's been translated from the original Cataphralk'A...

smile

I loved that song, back in my college days. Pretty much all the hair-bands, really...
Posted By: KryptonKid Re: Europe - 04/20/12 02:14 AM
All the aliens I know speak English. I don't wear a Universal Translator, so I assume that they are polite enough to translate for me.
Posted By: Chaim Mattis Keller Re: Europe - 04/20/12 05:19 PM
I dunno, sounds to me like they were once from Earth, left for somewhere else, and are headed for Venus, but maybe they'll come back to Earth, who can tell?
Posted By: KryptonKid Re: Europe - 04/20/12 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
who can tell?
Whomever, but hopefully in English.
© Legion World