Legion World
Posted By: Pov CrossGen's EL CAZADOR sells out - 09/20/03 02:57 PM
Issue one of El Cazador was CG Entertainment's fastest-selling issue ever, and is currently being scheduled for a second printing. Article here.
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: CrossGen's EL CAZADOR sells out - 09/20/03 09:36 PM
The cover on the second printing is a lot better IMHO. That is a beautiful full-plage panel from the book. I don't buy comic book art (because where would I put it??) but I would buy that if it were a poster!

Comics are often compared to cinema, or it's said by people like Scott McCloud that they use cinematic techniques - but this is the first issue that really struck me as if it were a movie, the first two-three pages had me hooked right away.

Between this and 1602 - hmmm, the age of great empires and global business. With pirates! Parables for our time, perhaps.
Posted By: Kara Re: CrossGen's EL CAZADOR sells out - 09/21/03 12:46 AM
I enjoyed this book.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: CrossGen's EL CAZADOR sells out - 09/21/03 02:06 PM
Yet another no show at my shop. I hope I'm able to get the second printing since it sounds like a great title.
Posted By: Stu Re: CrossGen's EL CAZADOR sells out - 09/21/03 08:30 PM
Thanks for the recommendation -- I picked up my store's last (and somewhat crinkled frown wink ) copy of El Cazador when I went by there today, and I'm looking forward to reading it!
© Legion World