Legion World
Hello all!

Those of you who know me know I'm a colorist for a variety of publishers: Red 5, Dark Horse, and recently, Marvel.

But I'm bursting at the seams to announce that I'm working on my first personal, creator owned project!

It features a character created by me, and will be written by my new business partner Brian Roe, with pencils (hopefully) by the talented Zack Finfrock.

A four page preview is in the works for SDCC, as well as T-shirts!

We're hoping that initial T-shirt sales will help us finance the first issue.

If you think you might be interested in a T-shirt (free copy of the preview included!), please let me know! The cost will be about $20 (no more), and the shirts will be black, and feature our main character, Yva, shown below.

Thanks for reading! [Linked Image]
SWEET! Put me down for an XXL shirt and let me know where to send the money!
Thanks Bri! I won't take any money until the shirts are in my hands, but I'll let you know as soon as they're ready!
Very cool! You can never go wrong using chicks with knives.
Wow!!!! Let us know when we CAN buy the shirts!

THEN how long we have to wait for your project. My comic book lady gets kinda chuffed when I walk in every week and say, "Is it in yet?" =Þ

Great job, Ronda!!
Mazel Tov!

cheers
Shirts will be ready within the next few weeks, but knowing what sizes are most popular will help with the order. We are also considering doing a womans baby doll style as well, as we have 2 requests for that so far.
Hmmmmm ... Large would work for me.
I'll try to lay off the Blizzards. wink
Looks great, Ronda!

I'm way past the baby doll stage, but a regular t-shirt with a woman who means business on it - sold! Probably a men's size medium here.
While we wait, what can you tell us at this point? Setting? Scenarios? Is Yva going to be a Lara Croft type? Curiousity is eating at me! wink
I call Yva a "problem solver". She's essentially a hired gun, but an ethical one, for whom using that gun is kind of a last resort. Ex-military.

Her world is one where interstellar travel is common place, not unlike Star Wars. So we'll get to see her in all kinds of different settings.

The first issue is basically written, with several more stories, including back story, being fleshed out now.
Sounds very cool. smile
^^ What she said! nod

Thanks, Ronda!
>Whimper<
I know patience is a virtue, yet it's a virtue I seem to lack. wink
It's official! The T-shirt order goes in Monday! Shown is a mock-up of the final design. If you would like one, please let me know, either here or via PM, and I'll respond with an email address for Paypal payment. The cost is $20 (US) for a standard T-shirt, $25 for a women's baby-doll style, plus $5 shipping in Canada or the US. Or, if you're going to be at SDCC, you can pick them up there.

Thank you to everyone for their interest and support! [Linked Image]
T-shirts will be ready next week! Shipping to commence when we get back from SDCC!
But-- but-- but-- You gots mah money NOW!!! :tantrum: hug

Have a blast at SDCC, Ronda!
What if I throw in some free buttons to ease your pain? wink
Oh, okay... :rolleyes: hug
You're a cheap date, Povviekins... wink
*will dance for shiny things* Koko

laugh
Kind of off the subject, here, but not altogether...do we have a Ronda Pattison bibliography or something? I'd love to compare it to my comics collection and see what comics I have with her work in it, so I can admire her work! I'm not even sure which Legion issues she's done.
Lardie, Gary started a checklist in this thread, headlined in the VoT forum... pretty sure it needs updating, but it's a start. smile
I have more recent stuff listed here:

www.comicspace.com/rpattison
Got my Yva... very nice! When my internet GF visits, I'll let her wear it as a nightshirt... love wink
The latest news on Yva, my creator owned project:

We officially debuted our ashcan at C4 (Central Canada Comic Con) in Winnipeg on the Halloween weekend! The first 6 pages of story from the upcoming issue one, plus two pinups, including one by Scott Wegener of Atomic Robo fame.

(For those of you who may have seen our original attempt with a different artist, that effort has been scrapped. So you either have a rarity, or something to line your bird cage with!)

Our new version features interior art by our cover artist Des Hanley, and I think I can say, without too much bias, that it's gorgeous!

If you'd like to check it out and support our efforts, you can buy a copy from Indy Planet, here:

http://www.indyplanet.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=2864

And look for us at Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle this March with issue #1!

Thanks all!
A little peek at some interior art: [Linked Image]
Subtle and atmospheric. Me likes. cool

Is there a page somewhere where you explain your coloring process? If so, link please.
FB peeps: Are you friends with Yva yet? If not--

Send Yva Starling a friend request! You don't wanna make her cross, do you? Remember... she's got guns! faint wink
Heehee, thanks Pov. She's got quite a few friends from LW now!
I was worried there for a bit... I sent a bunch of requests to friend her and it seemed nobody was joining. Then they were all accepted at once, LOL. lol Whoever maintains the Yva page musta cleared the backlog of friend requests. smile
Originally posted by mechana:
The latest news on Yva, my creator owned project:

We officially debuted our ashcan at C4 (Central Canada Comic Con) in Winnipeg on the Halloween weekend! The first 6 pages of story from the upcoming issue one, plus two pinups, including one by Scott Wegener of Atomic Robo fame.

(For those of you who may have seen our original attempt with a different artist, that effort has been scrapped. So you either have a rarity, or something to line your bird cage with!)

Our new version features interior art by our cover artist Des Hanley, and I think I can say, without too much bias, that it's gorgeous!

If you'd like to check it out and support our efforts, you can buy a copy from Indy Planet, here:

http://www.indyplanet.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=2864

And look for us at Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle this March with issue #1!

Thanks all!
Canada, Seattle- sounds like the alternative cons. Denver has a con to I should point out.
I will definitely be checking Yva out when the comics debut! smile
Well here I am, 2.5 years later, with an Yva update!

After several false starts by artists who couldn't follow through, I FINALLY have a full issue of Yva complete (and ideas for so many more!). Shopping it to a couple of publishers lead no where, so I'm going the web comic route!

You can read Yva for free here: http://www.rsquaredcomics.com/yva/1/?page=1 The first 6 story pages, along with a cover and synopsis are up now, with new pages going up every Monday and Friday.

I hope you'll check it out!

[Linked Image]
Absent, but not forgotten!

9 pages up now, and it's great, Rhonda! The artwork was certainly worth waiting for. That's a solid introduction to Yva and Grampus looks like it's going to be a fascinating adventure.

I wish I could fight like Yva....
Simply divine!!
Groovy!

Really like the premise / concept and love Yva! Looking forward to more!
Thanks guys, your support is very much appreciated!

We're also doing a Facebook promotion: when we get to 150 "likes", we'll randomly choose someone to win a Yva prize pack of prints, stickers, buttons, and whatever else we can come up with.

www.facebook.com/rsquaredcomics
I gotta ask Roe what too many rats in a cage smells like, exactly... hmmm wink

Very promising and worth the wait!
Like what I see so far.
Bookmarked!
The first issue of Yva Starling: Troubleshooter is now available in print! 28 pages of sc-fi adventure, and a free paper doll! (I have a paper doll book planned for July availability, and you'll be able to periodically download clothes from the website for the free doll!)

http://rsquaredcomics.com/blogItem.cfm?blogID=15

[Linked Image]
Wow, COOOOOL! I've been reading it bi-weekly on teh Book of Faces... love
Yva is AWESOME! I think I'm in love!
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Yva is AWESOME! I think I'm in love!
Yay! Thanks IB!

Sorry we missed our usual Monday update due to the holiday, but we'll be back Friday!
For those of you who may be interested, I have a work related Facebook page where I do a pretty decent job of making regular posts about Yva progress, what books I have in stores that week, etc., if you're curious about that sort of thing.

We also have contests sometimes and give away books or prints, and other goodies. When you're trying to go indie, it's all about traffic! So come on by and Like us if you're so inclined!

www.facebook.com/rsquaredcomics
I think I need to change the name of this thread. I'm really not crazy about the word "pimpin'" and all it's connotations, though it certainly is... colorful! wink
For those of you who are John Byrne fans and on Facebook, I'm having a contest on my RSquared Facebook page. When the page reaches 200 "Likes", I'll give away all 14 issues of the IDW run of John Byrnes's Next Men.

To be eligible, just "like" the page, or share the post about the contest.

https://www.facebook.com/rsquaredcomics

[Linked Image]
I already like ya and I already own 'em, but I shared the link anyway... wink
Thanks Bri! Anything else you might want? I've got comps up the wazoo!
Shared as well. Cool giveaway.
For those of you not on Facebook, I'm also offering the same give away on Twitter, RT the post or Follow me, @rleep, to be eligible. I'll choose the winner when I get 15 more followers, so it's a relatively small pool. Though at the current rate of interest, it may take awhile...
The last page of Yva Starling: Troubleshooter, Issue#1: Shopping Day is on line now. That's 27 pages of story for free! It was a tremendous effort of time, love and money, and I hope you'll check it out.

http://rsquaredcomics.com/yva/1/?page=1
*LIKE*( wink
My latest Yva project is fresh from the printers: a companion book of PAPER DOLLS! I'm inordinately proud of this one because I did all the art myself, with the exception of the doll, which was drawn by Ryan Howe. It includes 12 costumes for Yva, some with mix-and-match parts, on nice heavy paper, and the doll shown on the cover is also on the interior back cover in heavy card stock.

I'm attaching a sneak peek of a couple of outfits. These are production drawings. In the actual book they're laid out with cool graphics designed by my partner in crime and comics, Brian Roe.

Any paper doll enthusiasts out there? I'd love to hear from you.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Hey all! I did a short interview interview for a podcast and we talked Legion! Please ignore my incessant giggling-- nerves!

http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/episode-59-completely-derby-city-2012-review/
Yva looks great, Mechana.

And nice interview! love you talking about the Legion. Always awesome when creators get passionate about their work.
:Bump:

Ronda and (Brian) Roe (R Squared Studios) are working on a Kickstarter campaign with one of their YVA artists, Ryan Howe, to fund the first issue of a planned 5-issue mini- TIKI Vs. CTHULHU! laugh
Saw this the other day, another set of Yva paper dolls: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/852871498/yva-starling-troubleshooter-paper-doll-version-bet
Already passed it's funding and working it's way through to the last stretch goal too. Good to see. There's also an pledge option for them to create an original one just for you!

I see an outfit that Luornu would have liked, and I'm sure I saw something Grimbor would have adored in the preview too.
© Legion World