Legion World
Posted By: icefire Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/08/03 07:41 PM
I have room for 2 new series I am not currently reading and I am gonna let you guys/gals pick them for me.
Posted By: Reep Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/08/03 10:22 PM
icefire, I only voted for one because it's the only one whose recent work I've read and enjoyed.

ChameleonBoy
there was only 2 on that list that i read, so i picked them !!!

Matthew.
Posted By: icefire Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/09/03 12:10 AM
Thanks Matthew!!!! Boy you sure are cute.
Originally posted by icefire:
Thanks Matthew!!!! Boy you sure are cute.
don't start my Ultra Blushing shocked ......

Matthew.
Posted By: icefire Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/09/03 12:16 AM
And friendly too!!!!!
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/10/03 02:30 AM
A very intriguing poll, Icefire, and I hope you like whatever we end up picking for you.
Posted By: icefire Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/11/03 01:45 AM
Things are looking good for at least one series!!!
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/11/03 01:49 AM
Like the new avatar!
Posted By: icefire Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/11/03 01:51 AM
Thanks Ice/Fire Yin/yang it kinda fit it also matches one of my tattoos
Posted By: Star Boy Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/11/03 03:31 AM
It's a shame that Powers, Hellboy: Weird Tales, Planetary, and Wildcats 3.0 aren't in your list.

I'd have voted for them... wink
Posted By: icefire Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/11/03 08:46 PM
I already read Powers, Planetary and Wildcats. But Maybe I should try Hellboy. Sell me on it!!!!
Posted By: Stu Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/12/03 02:55 AM
I'm enjoying H-E-R-O, but the art quality does vary a bit... as though the artist gets a bit tired toward the end of each issue. It's definitely on my new and revised pull list, though...

(The other title I would have recommended -- if not for the fact that it's been cancelled! -- was Doom Patrol.)
Posted By: Star Boy Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/12/03 03:47 AM
Hellboy? What's not to like?

A complex and engaging main character (Hellboy himself), with a wide variety of interesting supporting cast members. Classic sensibilties inspired by Lovecraft and other pulp era fiction. Nazis, Giant Apes, Rasputin the Mad Monk, and Frog-Men. World-Wide conspiracies, the occasional threat of apocalypse, and an X-Files style team itching to investigate it all. Hellboy has it all.

At the moment Hellboy's available only in the pages of Hellboy: Weird Tales, which is a book opening the Hellboy doors to writers and artists other than Mike Mignola, the creator of the character. Most of the stories have been great; some quirky, some creepy, some moody. Art has been of wide variety of styles, from pluch Cassady 'watercolours' to stylised Andi Watson cartoons. Good stuff tho!

And the Hellboy stories are available in about four TPBs, each with a major story arc. They're awesome stories of a blue-collar hero who just wants to relax, but keeps getting forced to save the world or prevent others from using him to end it.

And HB's gonna be a movie from Del Toro (Blade) next year. Better to get in on the ground floor before Dark Horse jacks all the TPB prices up... wink
Posted By: Pov Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/12/03 03:55 AM
I could only recommend one of the books listed. PLEASE tell me you didn't list INHUMANS because you're already getting it-- !!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/12/03 05:54 AM
per the INHUMANS thread in the comics forum, Icey is already reading that series! And I know he's getting SUPREME POWER (or WILL get it)....

Of those on your list I could only support HERO as it's the only one I read on that list... it's been a VERY interesting 6 issues so far...

Other faves that you may not already be reading: X-STATIX, EXILES, FORMERLY KNOWN AS JUSTICE LEAGUE...
Posted By: icefire Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/13/03 02:22 AM
I read Doom Patrol (sniff sniff) And Lash I do read Exiles, X-statix, and FORMERLY. iI picked up the first 3 issues of H-E-R-O and really liked them!!!!!
Posted By: icefire Re: Pick 2 New Comics For Me!! - 08/22/03 12:06 AM
H-E-R-O has en added to my pull list Thanks to everyone who voted!!!!
© Legion World