Legion World
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Mark Bagley is DC-bound? - 11/10/07 03:57 AM
It sure seems that way.

He's so versatile, I could see him on just about anything.

What I'd love to see him on would be an All-Star JLA. Written by Bob Harras, with none of the pesky DCU continuity/Infinite Crisis restrictions that ruined his JLA arc from a couple years ago.
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Mark Bagley is DC-bound? - 11/10/07 07:40 AM
Bagley's always been one of those guys for me that does the job well, but rarely gets me excited. Maybe it just means he's underrated for not being as flashy as some of the other guys who can't keep a monthly schedule, but the fact remains my reaction to his move to DC is, "eh."
Posted By: Caliente Re: Mark Bagley is DC-bound? - 11/10/07 08:22 AM
^what he said
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Mark Bagley is DC-bound? - 11/10/07 01:25 PM
I would love to see him on JSA. While JSA has alwasy had good artists they've never had a big name or someone with a distinct style imo. Bagley would rock on it.

JLA, Teen Titans, Flash, Superman, Batman. Yeah he can draw anything for DC and it would rock.

I've been a big fan of his since the New Warriors days.

A certain great Legion inker Larry Mahlstedt inked on NW and to this day I think it was his best inker. Bagley has improved big time since then. I would love to see Larry inking Mark's Legion? smile
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Mark Bagley is DC-bound? - 11/10/07 04:47 PM
Been a long time Bagley fan, mainly b/c of his Spidey work.

He's so consistent and stays on books for so long, that I fear that is the reason many people don't get excited about him. I'd certainly take him over 90% of the artists at DC and Marvel but his name never usually pops into mind.

He's known for being really fast--so he might be perfect for a weekly series. I'd really, really love to see him on the Flash.

His biggest strength is that he brings 'energy' into the panels, even when the writer has pages after pages of no action. In that regard he's very Marvel Silver Age (re: quite a compliment from this poster).
Posted By: l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN Re: Mark Bagley is DC-bound? - 11/10/07 08:29 PM
would love to see Bagley on the Legion or the Titans. i've been saying that for the longest time now, i'm excited that he's finally coming to DC.
Posted By: Set Re: Mark Bagley is DC-bound? - 11/13/07 06:04 PM
Loved his work on Thunderbolts, very dynamic stuff. I'd love to see his take on the Teen Titans or JSA.

Or, yanno, *Legion.* smile
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Mark Bagley is DC-bound? - 11/13/07 08:15 PM
It seems he is on a weekly series. eh.

I rather him take a crack at a big book.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Mark Bagley is DC-bound? - 11/15/07 05:42 AM
I'm tellin' ya, Bagley on Flash. It'd be hella-kewl.

We'd need the perfect writer for him though. No one springs to mind immediately.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Mark Bagley is DC-bound? - 11/15/07 06:15 AM
How about Tony Bedard? It's way past time DC gave him a monthly gig, and he's inventive enough that he wouldn't rehash what Waid and/or Johns did.

Call me a heretic, but I tried to get into Johns' Flash and...I didn't think it was that good.

:runs for cover:
Posted By: Caliente Re: Mark Bagley is DC-bound? - 11/15/07 09:16 AM
Heretic!!! We are so not friends anymore!

/dramaqueen

Originally posted by Wild Cobalt:
I'm tellin' ya, Bagley on Flash. It'd be hella-kewl.
Mmm, well Wally certainly has had a lot worse than Bagley. Still, I like the current artist. Let's not mess with success, huh? wink What little of it we can find, anyway.
Posted By: Pov Re: Mark Bagley is DC-bound? - 11/15/07 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Caliente:
Let's not mess with success, huh? wink What little of it we can find, anyway.
That's the same reason I wouldn't want him on JSA (Sorry, Set.)
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Mark Bagley is DC-bound? - 11/15/07 03:19 PM
Yeah, but sorry Cali, the current Waid Flash run has been boring like no other. The kids are a pretty awful idea... eek . What I'd give to have a Flash I'd enjoy again....(jeepers Stealth, Geoff's run rawked! laugh )
© Legion World