Legion World
Posted By: Bevis Beef Squad - 03/12/16 09:47 AM
A while ago Gail Simone, Marjorie Liu and various other reprobates (including yours truly, natch) were talking about how sexist comics are and how men simply don't get fair representation. Men need to be empowered by comics just as women already are.

And thus Beef Squad was born. The Flying Scotsman, the Chippeninja, FrigiDEAD, le Petit Mort and Superbwomanboy are the newest team of heroes setting out to prove that it's not only women that can get the job done.

Written and drawn (mostly) by me I'm running a Patreon to raise some funding so that I can pay other artists to draw the pin-up splash pages of the team members (and Dr Chesticles, the villain). I have Carla Speed McNeil on board and want to get contributions from four other female, female identifying or queer artists as well, but it's not fair to ask for their work for free, which is where you can all come in. Even just a small amount goes a long way to help making this possible. if I raise enough I'll also pay for a full colour cover, a proper print run and maybe even pa myself a page rate.

If you're interested check out the Patreon page for the comic as well and even if you can't contribute spreading the word can help immeasurably as well.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Beef Squad - 03/12/16 09:51 AM
Wow! Cool work, Bevis! I love your art!
Posted By: Kappa Kid Re: Beef Squad - 03/12/16 09:52 AM
Sounds awesome, Bevis! smile

BTW, Beef Squad would be a totally awesome name for a cow themed superhero team. laugh
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Beef Squad - 03/12/16 09:54 AM
I'm perfectly happy with the buff, skimpily-dressed (and hopefully very gay) superheroes on the team, tee hee! wink
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Beef Squad - 03/12/16 07:40 PM
Bevis, you ARCH-FIEND!

I love you so much even though I think we only just met!!

Also, I'm sorry that I'm broke right now.
© Legion World