Legion World
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid RIP Rich Buckler - 05/20/17 11:23 PM
I'm not sure of the details but I've been hearing from Guy Dorian on facebook and Alex Ross's twitter that comic artist Rich Buckler has passed away.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: RIP Rich Buckler - 05/21/17 12:09 PM
Sad news. I was reading some of his Eerie & Creepy work just recently, and I saw his name in the Micronauts just last week. More than those, I'll remember him fondly from the All Star Squadron and the Justice League titles.
Posted By: Brain-Fall-Out Boy Re: RIP Rich Buckler - 05/21/17 12:50 PM
Very sad. I mainly remember his All Star Squadron, but I see from his Wikipedia article that his work was generously sprinkled throughout my childhood.
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: RIP Rich Buckler - 05/21/17 10:20 PM
I've met Rich at conventions a few times but I've only commissioned him twice. He was one of those people whom would perpetually end up on my commission wish list for a show but I'd just never get around to him.
Posted By: Jfposey Re: RIP Rich Buckler - 05/21/17 10:49 PM
Another piece of my past has been taken away once again. Cancer is a cruel disease. His passing has once again left another hole in our community.
Posted By: Catonyx Re: RIP Rich Buckler - 05/22/17 01:50 AM
A great loss to us all. Rest in peace Mr. Buckler, you will be missed.
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: RIP Rich Buckler - 05/25/17 02:39 PM
All-Star Squadron was SO huge for me. Thank you, Mr. Buckler, for choosing to make comics
Posted By: Blacula Re: RIP Rich Buckler - 05/29/17 03:18 AM
I just received a Rich Buckler-pencilled issue of DC Comics Presents in the mail via eBay. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed his art and how he seemed to typify 80s DC (one of my favorite eras of the company).
© Legion World