Legion World
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Excellent interview with Dave Gibbons - 01/15/24 02:01 PM
He's promoting his autobiographical GN, "Confabulation," released at the end of 2023, and looking back over his entire half-century as a comics creator.

https://www.tcj.com/ive-had-the-lif...rs-old-a-conversation-with-dave-gibbons/
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Excellent interview with Dave Gibbons - 01/15/24 07:07 PM
Cheers Ficks. I was looking at some Gibbons Doctor Who recently. I've not read the article yet, but spotted his Rogue Trooper work, written by Gerry Finlay-Day.

I'll be doing a post on that Doctor Who strip. It's one of those that transcends any movie budget in scope, while having through lines of mounting reveals offset by personal, character moments. Character moments can be difficult, where the protagonist in those days, didn't really get many. Gibbons art grabbed the attention of loads of kids when that came out, keeping them reading the weekly for ages.
I look forward to your Doctor Who review, Thoth.

Your description of character moments brought to mind one of my favorite comics of all time, New Mutants Annual 2, beautifully drawn by Alan Davis shortly after he wrapped up his Outsiders run. The British method of packing as much as possible into the space provided really paid off there.
© Legion World