Legion World
Posted By: Mystery Lad Solomon Grundy - 06/07/09 03:54 PM
Anyone else read this? I picked up #3 and #4 primarily because I found out that Green Lantern's wife, Molly Mayne-Scott, appears. I feared the worst, and so far my fears have gone unfounded.

I liked the story beyond my fanboy completionist drive, though. I'm curious what bigtime fans of Grundy think about it. I like how it's following that little rhyme he's connected to. You know the one "Solomon Grundy, born on a Monday" and so on.
Posted By: Pov Re: Solomon Grundy - 06/07/09 06:56 PM
I'll get the trade, if only for Scott Kolins' art.

But shouldn't Grundy tie into Blackest Night somehow? Seems an obvious enough connection... history with GL, being undead... hmmm
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Solomon Grundy - 06/08/09 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Pov:
I'll get the trade, if only for Scott Kolins' art.

But shouldn't Grundy tie into [b]Blackest Night
somehow? Seems an obvious enough connection... history with GL, being undead... hmmm [/b]
It actually does tie in. In either the first issue or the one-shot, the Phantom Stranger explains the whole reason they are trying to "redeem" Cyrus Gold is to take Grundy off the table before Blackest Night hits.

Sadly I've dropped it. It has all the ingredients to be something really cool: Grundy, The Stranger, Alan Scott, Etrigan, Bizarro, Kollins art, --- but it's left me really cold. It just doesn't hold together enough to be either as fun as I want, or as serious as I want. It's just kind of meandering along and strangely uninteresting.
Posted By: Pov Re: Solomon Grundy - 06/08/09 05:38 PM
Okay, thanks for clarifying rouge. smile

Clever enough concept... seven issues for each day of the week in the old rhyme. Sounds like the delivery is lacking for you.

Definitely waiting for the trade...
© Legion World