Legion World
Posted By: Power Boy Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/03/05 04:40 AM
in tough situations i sometimes find myself saying "what would Emma Frost do?". and rarely "what would Storm do?"

lately it has been Emma Frost as my role model. i don't even like her that much but...she kicks nass. (although when i ask myself what she would do i'm sure the answer must occaisionaly be "kill em all"......so i guess i don't live up to her that much.) but thinking of what she would do always brings a smile to my face.

does anyone else do this or am i the only dork waaaaay too into comics? who's your comic book role model? in what ways? and how does being like them/trying to be like them/or just thinking of what they would do, help you through the day?
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/03/05 12:54 PM
Ok - comic dorkus that I am, I sometimes recite the Green Lantern oath to bolster my willpower when I go running so I can power through the last leg.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/03/05 03:57 PM
that is great. laugh
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Ok - comic dorkus that I am, I sometimes recite the Green Lantern oath to bolster my willpower when I go running so I can power through the last leg.
hey !!

i do something like that !! i think that i'm ULTRA BOY when i'm running on the treadmill, and i need to push it, that bit further !!

i also like to think i'm like the classic version of DONNA TROY, sensible, kind and with good moral standing, and with the abilty to see a story from both sides !!

Matthew.
Posted By: KidChaos Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/04/05 12:58 AM
When I feel urge to be unduly mean and/or nasty, I think about sweet, kind characters like Ice or Meggan.

The world could use more genuinely pure and nice people.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/04/05 02:06 AM
I haven't thought about it in years, but I used to try to emulate Dani Moonstar. Maybe I should get back in that habit...
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/04/05 04:21 AM
Frequently when I was on the job I'd need reassurance.

For example, if I have to rationalize 1000 people with families to feed. I'd ask. What would Saturn Girl do? And no matter what I did, it just wasn't as mean as how she'd do it.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/04/05 04:29 AM
lol. lol
that is one way of looking at it.
Posted By: legionadventureman Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/04/05 04:35 AM
I would like to be a comic book character who saved lives and got the girl/guy in the end...
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/04/05 08:38 AM
As a kid I honest to gosh would think to myself "would Capt America do this?" It ruined lots of possible fun moments...but also probably kept me out of jail. smile
Posted By: CJ Taylor Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/04/05 05:13 PM
Nightwing, the original sidekick, had a knack for fighting crime and making quips. IT was neat to see someone face the horror of the world with a smile and a joke. That's sort of been my take for years. I also admire the heck out of his loyalty to the Bat. It's not a familiail thing, but a cause and affect thing. Bruce raised him, did good by him, and Dick is devoted to him.

'Course, now in my more curmudgeony days, I associate a lot with Hawkman. We need a harsher brand of justice, folks seem to laugh at the idea of right and wrong, and the system is as much at fault.

For the record, I don't walk around with a BFM... I just wish I did.
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/05/05 01:55 AM
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
I would like to be a comic book character who saved lives and got the girl/guy in the end...
Your missing the point LAM. It's what hero do you draw inspiration from or can get you through something.

Like when I am camping. I'll take a flashlight out at night to use the bathroom. I'll say the GL Oath too thinking that the light will be brighter even when it won't be. (I don't like the dark. Especailly out in the country. With all the wild animals.)

Or when I run on the treadmill I sometimes pretend I am the Flash on the cosmic treadmill. Pretending to be the Flash helps me go a bit longer and faster. It also helps keep my mind occupied or I finish sooner.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/05/05 02:19 AM
Even though I haven't read his books for ages, I think part of me always asks "What would Superman do?" smile
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/05/05 08:12 AM
I haven't had a specific role model, but when I'm weeding the garden, I keep thinking I must be relentless and show no mercy - so from now on I'll try to look to Batman or Darkseid for inspiration.
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/05/05 03:31 PM
Depending on the circumstances or what kind of mood I'm in, either Namorita or Firestar.
Posted By: Thriftshop Debutante Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 10/06/05 01:49 AM
Sometimes I think I'm Batgirl!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 02/10/18 11:01 PM
^ That's pretty amazing. Maybe Batgirl thinks she is you sometimes.

I have a gold ring now. Not a green one but I think what if it was like a Starman ring, instead of a GL ring, with a tiny receiver in it. It could power up and shoot blasts and create a force field and fly me around. Not as powerful as the full staff but ... helpful.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 02/10/18 11:12 PM
Wait... Teeds *isn't* Batgirl?

That's another of my long held theories blown!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 02/10/18 11:15 PM
It's been 13 years. Maybe she is Batgirl now.
Posted By: Thriftshop Debutante Re: Your Comic Book Role Model? - 02/23/18 08:07 AM
Which of Ester's theories don't blow?
© Legion World