Legion World
Posted By: Arachne Marvel Questions - 09/27/05 01:25 AM
This is comeing right out of the blue, but has anyone seen Dr. Strange lately? When I was a kid he seemed to be everywhere, but I don't think I've heard a mention of him in years.

Also, does anyone know what Malekith the Acursed was cursed with? It seems strange to give a guy a title like that with no explanation.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Marvel Questions - 09/27/05 01:30 AM
dr. strange can currently be seen in house of m and the defenders (written by giffen.)
Posted By: ferroboy Re: Marvel Questions - 09/27/05 10:23 AM
We know Neil Gaiman is with Marvel and there are rumors that he had been working on an idea for Doctor Strange that eventually morphed into Sandman. Maybe he's going to take on Strange?
Posted By: Reboot Re: Marvel Questions - 09/27/05 11:54 AM
Gaiman's doing something Eternals-related.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Marvel Questions - 09/28/05 02:28 AM
Originally posted by ferroboy:
We know Neil Gaiman is with Marvel and there are rumors that he had been working on an idea for Doctor Strange that eventually morphed into Sandman. Maybe he's going to take on Strange?
I thought that was Phantom Stranger (could be wrong...)
Posted By: Stu Re: Marvel Questions - 10/06/05 02:48 AM
Where does Wolverine find the time? I mean, seriously...
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Marvel Questions - 10/06/05 06:24 AM
Dr. Strange has been appearing here and there. House of M, New Avengers, Defenders, I wanna say somewhere else recently but can't remember.

Stern/Paul Smith Dr. Strange rocked!
Posted By: baycent54 Re: Marvel Questions - 10/07/05 09:45 PM
He also appeared in Witches, a four-part limited series.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Marvel Questions - 10/08/05 02:22 AM
Was that any good?

(Thanks for the answers, btw.)
Posted By: ferroboy Re: Marvel Questions - 10/10/05 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Reboot:
Gaiman's doing something Eternals-related.
That sounds awesome. He's much better with cosmic stuff than day-to-day. It's probably why I loved Sandman but didn't care for 1602.
Posted By: ferroboy Re: Marvel Questions - 10/10/05 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
[b]We know Neil Gaiman is with Marvel and there are rumors that he had been working on an idea for Doctor Strange that eventually morphed into Sandman. Maybe he's going to take on Strange?
I thought that was Phantom Stranger (could be wrong...) [/b]
Phantom Stranger was what he wanted to do at DC, but I had heard he originally had ideas for Strange at Marvel.
Posted By: ferroboy Re: Marvel Questions - 10/10/05 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Arachne:
Was that any good?

(Thanks for the answers, btw.)
I heard Witches was bad but I never got past the first issue.
Posted By: Whom Re: Marvel Questions - 10/10/05 04:46 PM
Verily, 'tis my opinion that Neil Gaiman be the Madonna of comic book writers -- a fraud with talent for naught but self-promotion.

Yea, and Mark Millar and Warren Ellis be the Britney and Christina of comic book writers.
Posted By: armsfalloffboy Re: Marvel Questions - 10/10/05 08:09 PM
Yeah, but at least Gaiman has Sandman. Not too many comic book guys can claim a transcendant achievement like that--how many current writers have essentially created a universe unto itself? And didn't Ellis write Transmetropolitan? I honestly can't remember. I've been underwhelmed by a lot of Ellis's work, but Transmet is brilliant.
Posted By: Whom Re: Marvel Questions - 10/10/05 08:14 PM
Sandman? Ha Ha Ha Ha

A mortal friend of mine did once share with me her recollections of her younger self spending considerable amounts of her time and money on Sandman only because it was, as you mortals phrase it, "the hip book of the early 90s." She didst not "get it," and was quite underwhelmed and extremely bitter by the end.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Marvel Questions - 10/11/05 11:48 PM
See, that's why I stick with stuff like Ambush Bug, Major Bummer and GLA/GLX.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Marvel Questions - 10/12/05 01:07 AM
Less expensive to collect, at least.
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Marvel Questions - 10/12/05 01:28 AM
A few replies...

I liked Witches. I don't know why. Yeah it was a the Marvel mystical answers to Charlie Angel's and I dug it. But I'm a big Dedato fan so that may explain it.

Sandman is amazing. Did reach another plateau.

I haven't read anything Ellis has written. Oh I "get it" and I wasn't impressed. Is that all there was to get? smile I did like his Ultimate Secret so far...but again that may be cause there isn't much to get hence he isn't forcing anyting...plus Ultimate Captain Marvel has a sweet costume. wink
© Legion World