Legion World
as i reading "JLA / AVENGERS" at the moment !!!

issue #3 the best so far !!! is there a reason why the "DC" characters are more POWERFUL than the "MARVEL" heroes !!!

they seem to mention it quite a lot ....

Matthew.
I guess it could come down to the fact that when Marvel first started it was trying to be more realistic than DC. So no planet juggling for the Hulk.

Although I do think Marvel underestimated their characters power in the Marvel Universe entries.

Saying that I think that Marvel tends to have much more powerful psychic characters than DC.
Although come to think of it, the Avengers never really had a good psychic amongst their core membership -- Moondragon appears to be the closest (or am I forgetting someone?).
Moondragon was the main one although she was pretty powerful. It just she put most of her energy in to annoying people.

I'm sure there were others, there was at least one Eternal in the Avengers that was psychic.
Posted By: Stu Re: Power Levels .... "DC" vs "MARVEL" !!! - 12/03/03 01:05 PM
On the whole, the DC characters are more powerful, but there are a few notable Marvel exceptions.

How many characters from the DCU could go head-to-head with Dark Phoenix, I wonder?
bump
Well, aren't you just Howie McBumphappy tonight. laugh
By comparison, Marvel's classic villains tend to be more powerful than classic DC villains. Maybe cuz back in the day, the DC villains posed intellectual puzzles or challenges to the heroes that they'd have to figure out as opposed to Marvel where it's usually about the clobberin'. A lot of the DC heroes are also older and hence were created with cheesier gimmicks rather than dangerous powers.
© Legion World