Legion World
Posted By: Pov TELLOS--An Appreciation - 09/08/07 08:45 PM
News of Mike Weiringo's passing recently had me wishing to reread TELLOS, the fantasy series he co-created with writer Todd Dezago in the late 90's. I'd ordered the TELLOS COLOSSAL HC, first through Amazon, then through IST when Amazon delayed its release date. mad :rolleyes: While waiting, I managed to locate my collected issues, and started my reintroduction to

TELLOS-- A magikal patchwork world made up of a myriad of different realms, populated by Creatures of Myth and Legend, a Fantastic Land filled with Adventure around every corner and Danger at every Turn!

All at once, I was again enveloped in the travails and travels of young Jarek and his companion, Koj-- a talking tiger warrior.

(it's not a C&H fetish, honest! wink )

Jarek is The One destined to save Tellos from the evil of Malesur, ruler of Hin (Tellos' equivalent to Hell). Along the way to find The Other who will help him empower the d'jinn Oge K'tion and defeat Malesur, Jarek is joined by the pirate, Serra; thieves Rikk and Hawke; and an ancient mystic, Thomestharustrah.

The story ran 10 issues, along with a Prelude and Prologue. Todd revisited the series several times with various one-shots, with Mike contributing covers and/or pin-up pages, but I was always hoping the two would make a bigger return to Tellos. When I first heard about the oversized collection, I was so excited! Apparently, so were they; they were planning another journey to Tellos when...

sigh

Having the over-sized HC right now makes the loss of 'Ringo all the more palpable. And his passing makes me wish Tellos was real, a land where his adventures continue. Anyone knowing the outcome of the original series will appreciate the irony in that, I hope.

"By Thy Side..." sigh sob
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: TELLOS--An Appreciation - 10/06/07 05:33 AM
I just got a signed and numbered edition of the Tellos Colossal HC in the mail today. Shocked the hell out of me that Amazon fulfilled the order after 'Ringo's passing. But now I'm afraid to open it.
Posted By: Pov Re: TELLOS--An Appreciation - 09/22/08 07:06 PM
FYI, Scooter, they're soliciting a softcover trade for this, in case you resisted :rolleyes: opening your S&N HC. wink DCBS has it for $10.79.

Anyone else interested, the TPB will retail for $17.99 and hit stores 03/05/09.
Posted By: ActorLad Re: TELLOS--An Appreciation - 09/25/08 12:27 AM
You know I've heard good things about this series but I never had the extra cash to pick it up. I may have to get one of the collections.
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: TELLOS--An Appreciation - 10/03/15 04:05 AM
WAIT.

Tellos? A patchwork world? Different realms?

Oh dear God did DC rip this off for Convergence?
Posted By: Pov Re: TELLOS--An Appreciation - 02/17/17 04:14 PM
http://mikewieringotellostribute.com

The Mike Wieringo TELLOS Tribute is a 500 page, original graphic novel presented in two over-size, hardcover volumes. It features the artwork of over 200 of the comics industry’s most popular and talented artists and is dedicated to the memory of late artist, Mike Wieringo, with all proceeds from this project being donated to the ASPCA in Mike’s name.

These'll look nice next to the TELLOS COLOSSAL hardcover Image put out some years back. They're only being offered in this format through the above website. Glad I checked instead of waiting for a PREVIEWS listing. Walt Simonson shared an image his wife Weezie drew and he inked for this project.Check it out if you're on FB.
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: TELLOS--An Appreciation - 02/18/17 09:51 AM
I may be interested in this comic. I loved his run on Fantastic Four.
© Legion World