Legion World
Posted By: superboymddjr RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 02/02/10 07:08 AM
anybody watching that show? I absolutely love that show! sure it's a drag queen show but a lot funnier than Project Runway and more drama than America's Next Top Model! and Catfights, to boot! LOL !

I am laughing and in a good mood, barring those TV shows that show a lot of violence etc. Kathy Griffith is a bonus, serving as a guest judge. whoo woo.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 02/02/10 01:29 PM
I am so glad you started this thread so I didn't have to... last night's premiere was the funniest thing I have sen in AGES. Hysterical!!!
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 02/03/10 01:41 AM
I could kick myself for missing the premiere. I didn't miss an episode of the first season. Thank goodness for reruns. I caught a repeat of the premiere this evening. I thought last season was wild. It's going to get insane. These are some tough girls. I hope nobody gets hurt !!
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 02/10/10 02:27 AM
I was sad to see Nichole Paige Brooks voted off this early. She made me laugh, and represented southern drag so well.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 02/23/10 03:02 AM
SPOILERS!!!!

Hmmm. I'm not convinced Morgan McMichaels should have stayed over Sonique.

But my favorite has GOT to be Pandora Boxx. LOVE hir!! The Snatch Game was cute; I was glad the Britney Spears performance won, it was cute. Pandora is still my absolute fave though.
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 02/23/10 06:10 AM
The Snatch Game was fun. Either Morgan or Sonique could have gone. Definitely my bottom two. Pandora's Carol Channing was spot on. The guest judges this season are awesome.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 02/23/10 09:10 AM
I know, right? I mean, I LOVE Tanya Tucker!!!
Posted By: lil'rhino Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 02/23/10 10:46 PM
I just started getting LOGO in my cable bundle & I'm lovin' this show!!
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 02/24/10 04:00 AM
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I know, right? I mean, I LOVE Tanya Tucker!!!
"What's that flower you have on?" Best line of the night! nod
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 03/14/10 02:07 AM
The wedding challenge last week was fun. The contestants looked great as men. The gowns were beautiful. I loved Raven's look. Lots of drama.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 03/14/10 03:04 AM
Yeah I really enjoyed that challenge. It's interesting to see how many of them were utterly uncomfortable as men.

I personally thought Morgan's punkrock guy-look was hot but I am not sad to see her go...

I'm still rooting for Pandora!
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 03/14/10 04:28 AM
Pandora slipped a bit for me in this episode. She didn't make a very convincing male cop groom, and I thought her wedding dress was a bit frumpy.

Morgan was bound to go eventually, but it wasn't deserved this episode. The punk rock groom was fun and her dress really wasn't nearly as bad as the judges made it out to be. She showed some compassion and humor this episode, and I developed some respect for her during the "Lip Synch for Your Life" segments. She always preformed straight on without resorting to stunts or gimmicks.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 03/16/10 02:29 AM
Terri Nunn-- Henry Rollins? I'm impressed.

I'm glad immunity is gone.

Loved Pandora being referred to as the Susan Lucci of the competition...
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 03/19/10 03:48 AM
Henry Rollins is always great. Terri Nunn stole the show, however. Jesus, she looks amazing. I swear she has to be the coolest person on the planet. She worked hard to help our girls.

So, we're down to six. At this point, it's could be anybody's game.

Jessica Wild has been one of the most consistent and versatile performers. She can bring on the heat when needed.

Pandora Boxx is charming, sweet, and funny.

Raven has a sense of style. She can be cutting edge and mysterious. She fascinates me.

Jujubee has a Cinderella thing going for her. You just want to see her succeed.

Tatitana has a lot of raw talent and she is not going to give up.

Tayra is irritating as hell, but she is young and pretty. Young and pretty can get you pretty far in the gay world. She is the most natural looking woman.

They are also so different from one another. It's really going to come down to what the challenges are, and how they play to the girl's strengths. Given the right setting each of these bitches has the potential to hit it out of the park.

(Did I just use a sports reference in connection with a drag competition? )

Stiletta Stiletta Stiletta Stiletta Stiletta Stiletta
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 03/25/10 12:31 AM
I'm sorry, Lash, but Pandora's green leopard dress really was as ugly as the judges said. Sad to see Jessica Wild go. I thought her interview was very funny. Just as funny, Tatiana asking if Jackie Collins was on Dallas and calling her books "horny".

Debbie Reynolds next week! That's bound to get loopy.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 04/27/10 03:51 AM
Well, we have a winner!

AND a Miss Congeniality!!! (YAY!!!!!)

DRAG U looks to be fun summertime fare.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 04/27/10 04:24 AM
i liked the first season better! thsi oen is kinda bit*hy
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 04/27/10 05:04 AM
Loved the attitude this season. I thought the girls had a lot more talent. Dramatic ending.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 04/27/10 05:18 AM
i haven't seen it yet, maybe later tonight, i was kinda rooting for tatiana after pandora got kicked off.

ONGINNNNNAAAAA!!!
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 01/25/11 04:28 AM
New season starts tonight, bitches. You better work.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 01/25/11 04:45 AM
can someone changed #2 to #3 in the title thread, I wonder?
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 01/26/11 04:29 AM
Hmm. A festive premier. It was a little odd to see a Christmas theme in late January. Oh well, the dresses and costumes were a lot of fun. Vanessa Williams was as beautiful as always, and added some class to the proceedings.

There are some interesting girls this time around. Raja is off to a strong start. I like her and hope she doesn't get too cocky.

I'm totally in love with Carmen and her fondness for nudity. I don't think she'll be around long, though. Hope I'm wrong.

Stacy Lane Matthews has an interesting story. She looked great in red.

I found Phoenix to be more than a bit irritating.

Delta Work is the best drag name by far.

The commercials with Raven and Pandora Box were great fun. Old friends I hope to see more of. I missed Merle. Wonder what happened with that old friend? Hmmm.

Lilly Tomlin and drag queens of space next time. Should be fun.
It's just great to have this show back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TJV8K8G55s
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 03/08/11 04:31 AM
It's gonna be hell getting those bags home.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 03/12/11 10:59 PM
so far...
good riddance to Delta Work....too much ego there. alongside Raja...who is overconfident that she is gonna be the next Drag Superstar....eh?

yeah on Shangela! but she wont be the winner..

I am hoping that Alexis, the underdog, to upset all the Heathers and others and be a winner.

Delta Work and Raja has more than 20 years experience and they should have known better not to "label" the others..thats a sign of immaturity,not the wisdom. Raja has been in it for 20 years..and she is 36...hmm she started doing it at 15 or 16 in High school..hmm makes me wonder if it is an exaggerated truth in it.

and I am hoping that the Drag Race will start their tradition of choosing Wild Card (like Shangela this time) from now on and I would love to see Stacey chosen as the wild card for the next race. :-)
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 03/13/11 06:59 PM
uuuuh, whar's da cars...?

wink
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 04/06/11 02:48 AM
And then there were four...

It's getting tougher each week. Even though they hated each other, I liked both Carmen and Shangela. Sad to see them go. In Carmen's case twice.. Ouch!

I'm not sure who to root for now. Raja has a great sense of style but is a bit too butch and has quite the ego.

Alexis can be very sweet, but sometimes comes off as a little fake. Manilla and Jara are distinctive entertainers with fun senses of humor.

Did Sharon Osbourne really not know what barebacking is?
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 04/06/11 03:19 AM
LOL! thats what I burst into laughter....when Raja bluntly told her what bareback is. She gulped and had to say that she is learning something new. LOL>

About Carmen - now....THAT is a WASTE of time...coming back and gone for good. geez...why not pick Mariah or Phoenix to see if they can have 2nd chance? Carmen has been in low at least three times, with bottom two twice. geez...

I am hoping that Raja not to win anything.
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 04/26/11 01:06 PM
A classier finale show than in the past. This was a fierce competition by three queens with totally different styles. The regional differences in drag were highlighted this season. Everyone looked amazing in the Champion video.
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 04/30/11 03:31 AM
The sound quality isn't very good, but you can see here how fierce the finalists looked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8F2tJqb3Jo
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 04/30/11 04:34 AM
frown Raja won. frown I was rooting for Manila and Alexis...sigh.

oh well, wait til next January for Drag Race 4. I hope that Stacy will be in the "wildcard" box.
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 04/30/11 08:15 PM
Stacy as the wild card would be fun.

Here's a great find. Carmen performing in a more traditional drag setting. Amazing. This is the girl who came in fifth place and got kicked off twice. It goes to show how stiff the competition was this season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KJ0XKIW6Mo
Posted By: Jerry Re: RuPaul's Drag Race 2 - 10/04/12 04:17 AM
Tragic news of the way too early passing of drag racer Sahara Davenport (Antione Ashley). Thanks for the spark and show. Condolences to her sister/boyfriend, Manila Luzon (Karl Westerberg), and other loved ones.

Ms. Davenport
© Legion World