Legion World
Posted By: Lightning Lad Halloween Costumes - 10/26/06 04:19 AM
So, has anyone decided what they are going to be for Halloween? Since most parties will be this weekend and being in UT we'll either get our treaters on Saturday night or on Tuesday night, we have to be ready.

I've been thinking of going as a vegetarian zombie. My catch phrase will be "I want your grains". smile
Posted By: Kid Marvel Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 10/26/06 04:35 AM
ooh Shades of Dukulla lol
Posted By: ActorLad Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 10/26/06 08:47 AM
I have a couple of ideas, one of which is Fry from Futurama.
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 10/26/06 03:17 PM
I'm just gonna scrawl the word "Detroit" across my neck and go as Jeffrey from "Project Runway"
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 10/26/06 03:31 PM
Well, I wanted to go as a Roman Gladiator, but that never worked out.

So I'm going as a doctor (capitalizing on the Dr. McDreamy craze) with full-on scrubs, lab-coat, stethascope, etc.). I figure there's an endless amount of flirty comments to make about playing doctor all night, which will serve me well laugh
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 10/26/06 04:51 PM
its either a Mexican wrestler a la Nacho Libre or a magaician a la 'the Prestige' for me.
Posted By: CJ Taylor Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 10/26/06 05:15 PM
Call me a traditionalist, but I think Halloween should be scary. I'm going for a truly terrifying costume this year (at least, I'm terrified to wear it):

A pink bunny
Posted By: Monkey Eater Lad Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 10/26/06 08:02 PM
Serpentor! I (along with Cobra Commander, Baroness, Storm Shadow, and Zartan) hope to finally defeat GI Joe! Pictures forthcoming...
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 10/26/06 08:53 PM
My mother always said that she was going to put some jelly in her bellybutton and go as a cookie.
Posted By: Kid Marvel Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 10/30/06 02:21 AM
Im totally going to a cabin in the Woods (well Bush..we dont really do "Woods" over here) for Halloween craziness. Assuming we dont get butchered (As is want to happen on Halloween with a bunch of attractive kids in a Cabin) Ill post pictures of Costumery. Hoorah!
Posted By: profh0011 Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 10/30/06 02:58 AM
Nothing this year... ("No costume, no candy!" --Swingin' Neckbreakers) But this got me thinking on Halloweens past. On different years I went out dressed as...

BUGS BUNNY
THE DEVIL (twice, 2 different costumes)
DRACULA (a real cape, from a stringband uniform)
THE WOLFMAN (actual make-up with REAL hair added!)
a "Colonial Gentleman" (only time I rented a costume)
SIMON TEMPLAR (which prompted a "What's THIS s***?" from a guitar-playing girl I know-- she was dressed as Sporty Spice that night)

Anybody else?
Posted By: Monkey Eater Lad Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 10/31/06 09:41 PM
I wonder if people will give me candy?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 10/31/06 11:02 PM
Is that Cobra Commander in the blue? Very very cute.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 10/31/06 11:33 PM
I think he looks mad because he can't get to the Devil Women.

I know I would be.
Posted By: CJ Taylor Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 11/01/06 07:21 AM
That will make a lot of carrot cake! [Linked Image]

<span style="font-size: 9px;">Hopefully this fixed my technoglitch</span>
Posted By: l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 11/01/06 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
I wonder if people will give me candy?
[Linked Image]
<font face="22">THIS I COMMAND!!!!!!</font f>
Posted By: ActorLad Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 11/01/06 08:23 AM
Is it just me or are none of the pics showing up in this thread?
Posted By: Tekwych Re: Halloween Costumes 2006 - 11/01/06 08:48 AM
It's just you

And who could notice those devil women in the room when the beautiful radiance of the Baroness blinds me to all else.

Yum!
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Halloween Costumes 2015 - 10/23/15 05:53 PM
This Halloween, I will be on the streets in my Invisible Kid costume. I will even be using his power. wink
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Halloween Costumes 2015 - 10/23/15 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid
Well, I wanted to go as a Roman Gladiator, but that never worked out.

So I'm going as a doctor (capitalizing on the Dr. McDreamy craze) with full-on scrubs, lab-coat, stethascope, etc.). I figure there's an endless amount of flirty comments to make about playing doctor all night, which will serve me well laugh
This was the second to last time I ever dressed up for Halloween for a party. It was an awesome night though, one to remember.

The following year my brother and his then roomate threw a party and I was Johnny Cash, which is really the easiest costume to put together half-heartedly. And that was that. I was about 27 then which is Halloween costume years means "freaking old".
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Halloween Costumes 2015 - 10/23/15 08:23 PM
Cobie,

You could get dressed up now when you take your kids out.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Halloween Costumes 2015 - 10/23/15 08:58 PM
I have to say there is a mischievous part of me that desperately wants to scare them when they're 10 or 12 by dressing as Michael Myers or something equally as scary. But I'm holding back as much as possible for now. wink
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: Halloween Costumes 2015 - 10/23/15 11:17 PM
Because everyone wants to be part of their kid's future expose'! lol. "My descent into obsessive mask wearing, it all started the day my Dad dressed like Michael Myers...."

On the other hand, it might inspire that someday you see them on the ice at the Garden.
Posted By: ActorLad Re: Halloween Costumes 2015 - 11/08/15 08:26 PM
I was Finn the Human from Adventure Time this year. I was originally going to be Steven Universe but that didn't work out because of various reasons.
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: Halloween Costumes 2015 - 11/12/15 01:05 AM
Oh you are all inspiring. I haven't dressed up in costume in AGES ... miss those whacky sex superhero days
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Halloween Costumes 2017 - 04/15/17 09:16 PM
I know it's still more than six months away, but this year is going to be the first time I've dressed up for Halloween since 2001 so I'm excited -- and as for terms like "mid-life crisis" or "second childhood", all I can say is GUILTY AS CHARGED. tongue

Also, I just got done talking to my best friend of the phone about it.

How's this for synchronicity? I suggested she'd make a great Marvel Cinematic Universe SCARLET WITCH, and she told me something I'd never known before -- she's been a fan of Elizabeth Olsen for years! (I myself was pleasantly surprised by her MCU performances, even though I didn't care much for the movies themselves.)

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

As for me, it's gonna be BLACK WIDOW all the way, baby! Even though I'm at least half-a-foot taller than Scarlett Johanssen, and my build is closer to Big Mama Jennifer Garner than to Cute Little Scarlett. But, what the heck, it's all in fun.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Anyone else planning to dress up for Halloween this year?

Posted By: Kappa Kid Re: Halloween Costumes 2017 - 04/15/17 09:40 PM
I haven't planned my costume for this year yet, but I went as a hippie to a party last year. I want to do something more horror oriented this year though, so I was thinking maybe Frankenstein's monster. hmmm
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Halloween Costumes 2017 - 04/16/17 09:21 AM
Be careful on the platform boots, especially after a drink or two smile
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Halloween Costumes 2017 - 04/16/17 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Kappa Kid
I haven't planned my costume for this year yet, but I went as a hippie to a party last year. I want to do something more horror oriented this year though, so I was thinking maybe Frankenstein's monster. hmmm

From hippie to Frankenstein's Monster -- a perfect metaphor for the changes in youth culture between the late 60s and the early 70s. smile
Posted By: Kappa Kid Re: Halloween Costumes 2017 - 04/16/17 01:15 PM
laugh laugh @thoth and Fanfie

© Legion World