Legion World
Posted By: Sketch Lad DREAM GIRLS - 01/08/07 08:15 PM
Can't believe I'm so late in starting this thread!

I *loved* the movie! A perfect cast! Excellent musical performances! Beautiful visuals!

I was already a Beyonce fan, and I'm so proud of American Idol graduate Jennifer Hudson!

Can't wait to watch them receive all the awards they've been nominated for!

Also, I can't get B's power ballad, "Listen" outta my head! (I haven't bought the soundtrack yet. See, I have a BUNCH of iTunes gift cards, but I think I want to purchase the actual packaged cd.) I've used YouTube to watch B perform the song on Oprah and on the Today Show and of course, in the actual video for the song.
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: DREAM GIRLS - 01/08/07 10:13 PM
Bought the soundtrack on iTunes! Hee!
Posted By: Lad Boy Re: DREAM GIRLS - 01/08/07 10:33 PM
I thought the editing could have been a little tighter.

Jennifer Hudson was outstanding!
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: DREAM GIRLS - 01/08/07 10:51 PM
Dang it Sketch, you beat me...

But Jennifer Hudson was really, really super. I actually thought Beyonce' was very nice as well. Very understated. It seemed to me that she was able to really draw from her personal experiences fronting Destiny's Child in creating her character. The 10-minute all-music scene which culminates in "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" totally delivered.

Jamie Foxx is electric. Who knew? Oh, and I actually thought Eddie Murphy was overrated in the role.

I was watching Jennifer Holliday's original Tony performance of Effie on YouTube the other day, and I have to say... between she and Jennifer Hudson, it's hard to pick my favorite.

It seems like just yesterday, we were talking about Jennifer on the American Idol thread here in this very forum! smile
Posted By: Monkey Eater Lad Re: DREAM GIRLS - 01/11/07 01:48 AM
J_Hud's performance, specifically her singing was eye-popping! It was one of those rare instances where the entire theater clapped and cheered mid-movie. Beyonce's numerous groovy looks reminded me of Sketch Lad's catalogue of Legion drawings smile
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: DREAM GIRLS - 01/11/07 09:07 PM
Flattery will get you everywhere, MEL! (thank you!)

My crush on Beyonce only grows and grows as I've watched several clips of her on You Tube. There are also lots of good JHud clips, too. There's one where she sings "America the Beautiful" (I think....) and she totally blows the last note! But she gives a cute lil smile to the camera, so it's all good...

When I bought the soundtrack on iTunes, it comes with photos and lyrics, just like when you buy the cd package, so I didn't have to miss any of those goodies.
© Legion World