Legion World
Posted By: jab DCU online - 09/18/11 12:49 PM
sorry if this has a thread i did a search and found nothin so

anyway, any of you guys play dcu online? i play occasionally, was wondering if anyone here had a guy and maybe a legion based league lol my character is 'action lad' heh. anywho, just wonderin. xoxo
Posted By: jab Re: DCU online - 09/18/11 07:48 PM
im going to take this as a 'maybe'.

poke
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: DCU online - 09/19/11 06:09 PM
I think there's a thread here:

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=002440;p=7
Posted By: jab Re: DCU online - 09/22/11 09:57 PM
oh man, thanks!

takron galtos this thread, mods! laugh
Posted By: Matter Lad DC Universe Online - 08/31/08 10:04 PM
I'm sure someone's already started a thread on this (though I'm too lazy to look!) but if not I'm surprised.

I'm excited for an MMO to finally feature my favorite comic characters, and be able to fight alongside them! My question now is...can I be a Legionnaire!

www.myspace.com/dcuo
Posted By: Suddenly Seymour Re: DC Universe Online - 08/31/08 10:35 PM
Not yet.

I met with their reps in San Diego, and the Legion is not in the immediate future, so to speak. When the game launches, probably at least a year from now, it'll be Gotham and Metropolis, with some special zones such as Thanagar as a special fighting area and the Temple of Isis and Arkham Asylum as PvP areas.

Paradise Island and Atlantis were the possible expansion packs he mentioned.

The Legion is certainly a possibility, though, he said. They have access to the entire DCU. They haven't worked out the character creation tool (at least they hadn't by San Diego), so who knows what you can make yourself?
Posted By: Stu Re: DC Universe Online - 09/01/08 01:06 AM
I wonder if it's humanoid characters only?

I think it would be fun to run around as Krypto, Streaky, or Ace the Bat-Hound...
Posted By: Vee Re: DC Universe Online - 09/01/08 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
They haven't worked out the character creation tool (at least they hadn't by San Diego), so who knows what you can make yourself?
If it comes close to the one in CoH I can guarantee you that there will be a veritable Legion of Vee's Legion running around the DCU! laugh
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: DC Universe Online - 09/01/08 10:00 PM
I got one of my favorite pieces of swag from the DCUO booth. A pen with a Bat signal laser pointer in the cap.
Posted By: Matter Lad Re: DC Universe Online - 09/02/08 05:54 AM
That sounds sweet.

I'm pretty sure their characters are unavailable for gameplay, unless you're a creator of insider of some kind...I'd love to play Anarky!(obscure!...but not really...do a wikipedia, seriously)

But anyway I'm not worried about what their plans are, since they have time and the resources to do it right. I love that Jim Lee is doing a lot for it, I give him a pat on the back!

----------------------
TimeTrapper
Counting down the days for the next Lo3W!
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 06/15/10 11:28 AM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-dc-universe-online-official-e3-trailer/

This is looking pretty good to me.

The rumor that I've been hearing is that it may be free to play, dependent on microtransactions to survive.

Should be for both the PS3 and the PC.
Posted By: Blacula Re: DC Universe Online - 06/15/10 12:00 PM
I've never played a MMO game thing before but if I can *finally* sort out my fast-speed internet access in time for this one I might sign up. Will be fun to play alongside DCU characters I think.
Posted By: Vee Re: DC Universe Online - 06/15/10 09:05 PM
I can wait either. Still having fun but it would be really great to be able to team with some of my favorite heroes.
Posted By: THE LABRADORIAN Re: DC Universe Online - 06/15/10 10:15 PM
I eagerly await this too, its been taking too long but if the wait was for improvement and it plays well, then the wait was worth it.
Posted By: Arachne Re: DC Universe Online - 06/16/10 01:28 AM
Free to play? If that turns out to be true, I may have to try it. Like Blacula, I've never played an MMO before, but I'd kind of like to hang out in Gotham for while. I wonder if you could play one of Oracle's operatives?
Posted By: Mattropolis Re: DC Universe Online - 06/16/10 02:09 AM
I am very excited about this.
Posted By: Arachne Re: DC Universe Online - 06/19/10 11:31 PM
I heard a rumour it's going to cost $14.95 a month to play, and PC and PS3 players can't play together.

Anyone know what City of Heroes costs per month? I've been thinking of checking it out. They've got a 14 day free trial and the Architect Edition is cheap and comes with a month free.
Posted By: .. Re: DC Universe Online - 06/20/10 12:14 AM
Arachne, most MMO's are around 15 a month (COH is one of them).
I am pretty active in the gaming community so I can confirm a few things (I gets me some insider info smile
The "rumour" that PC and PS3 players cannot play together is not a rumour, it is fact unless something changes dramaticly between now and the release date.
The developers are also in talks with Microsoft to put the game on the 360, but MS are balking at the deal (they don't like the idea of people having access to an online game without paying for xbox live. This is the main sticking point. The DCUO people want the game accessable to everyone who subscribes and MS only want gold members to have access.)
The Idea of a Legion expansion is on the table (along with several others) as possible expansions. If there proves to be a demand for legion, we may get to see them.

As it stands we will be recieving "missions" from established DC heros, in a similiar vein to what we see with COH.

If I hear anything new that has not been released, I'll fill you all in. (BTW, I am really looking forward to this game!!)
Posted By: Arachne Re: DC Universe Online - 06/20/10 12:59 AM
Thanks, Ded. smile
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 06/20/10 12:59 AM
Since I had first posted it, I had heard of the monthly fee too.

I had heard the PS3 and PC would not be compatible, too, but someone else on the COH forums posted a link saying that they would, so who knows. laugh

Here's anotherl ink with more information:

http://www.massively.com/2010/06/17/e3-2010-dc-universe-online-takes-it-up-a-notch/
Posted By: .. Re: DC Universe Online - 06/20/10 04:07 AM
According to Victor Lucas from "reviews on the run" and "EP daily" (we chat on skype and xbox live) they will not be compatable
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 07/24/10 02:06 PM
New trailer that talks a bit about the backstory of the game:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-who-dc-universe/702049
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 07/24/10 04:50 PM
That looks incredible, Blue..!!!
Posted By: Mattropolis Re: DC Universe Online - 07/24/10 05:31 PM
I WILL be playing this...
Posted By: Blacula Re: DC Universe Online - 07/25/10 03:34 AM
Oh my God! That trailer was outstanding! On every level! If the game is anywhere near as good as that trailer looked we're in for a winner! I cannot wait!
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: DC Universe Online - 07/27/10 12:53 AM
That looks freakin amazing.
Posted By: Arachne Re: DC Universe Online - 07/27/10 01:07 AM
ooohhh! Want!
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 09/19/10 06:33 PM
So the game comes out November 1st.

Who's thinking they're going to get it now?
Posted By: Vee Re: DC Universe Online - 09/20/10 10:37 PM
Me, me, me, me!!!!!!
BouncingBoy
Posted By: MLLASH Re: DC Universe Online - 09/20/10 11:23 PM
Oh my GOSH... I'm lost with games after Super-Nintendo, but after watching the trailer thingie my question is WHY aren't they producing FILMS in this style animation? WOW.
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 09/27/10 07:47 PM
Here's a link to the DCUO website with various movies, and q&a sessions with Jim Lee and creators of the game.

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/movies.vm
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 10/05/10 02:11 AM
DC Online has been delayed to early 2011. 8-(
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 10/06/10 12:46 AM
Have you seen the new video they released for DCUO? It's a fly through of Metropolis. It's beautiful!
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 10/12/10 11:31 PM
Teaser for the DC Online Universe Character Creator:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=438279737329&comments
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 12/22/10 01:30 AM
New DC Online information:

et ready to step in to the DC Universe™ as it comes to life online! DC Universe™ Online, the first action MMO for the PC and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system has “Gone Gold” and will be available beginning on January 11, 2011.

The game that has everyone buzzing around the globe is almost here. DC Universe Online will be available through most games retailers throughout the US and Europe (including PAL Territories) as well as through several of the most popular game download sites in the US including STEAM® and IGN Direct2Drive®. The retail version of the game includes 30 days of game time and gamers can opt to purchase game time membership packages at the end of the first 30 days. Converting an account to an active, entitled membership does require a valid credit card or game time card/PlayStation®Network card (where available). Membership packages are available in 30, 60, 90 and 180-day multi-month discount packs as well as a 1-year pack on both the PC and the PS3™ in the US. Plus, a Lifetime membership is also available for PC only. Also, for those playing on the PC version of the game, DCUO will be included in SOE’s all-in-one Station Access subscription. Here are the game play subscription packages available in the US:

US Pricing and Game Play Subscription Packages:

Suggested retail pricing: USD $49.99(PC) and USD $59.99 (PS3)

* 1 Month - $14.99
* 3 Month - $41.99
* 6 Month - $77.99
* 12 Month - $143.99
* Lifetime Subscription - $199.99 (Available on PC only)

In Europe, the game will officially be shipping throughout the PAL Territories on January 12, 2011 and in the UK and Ireland on January 14, 2011. Since the game is an MMO, it does require an active subscription after the first 30 days, which are included as part of the retail purchase. Converting an account to an active game membership requires a valid credit card or game time card/PlayStation® Network card (where available). Here are the game membership packages available in PAL:

Europe/PAL Territories Game Play Subscription Packages:

* 1 Month - €12.99
* 3 Month - €34.99
* 6 Month - €64.99
* 12 Month - €124.99 (Available on PC only)
* Lifetime Subscription - €179.99 (Available on PC only)

For more information, visit www.dcuniverseonline.com.
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 12/23/10 06:08 PM
Did anyone get in on the Beta? I'd like to hear some first hand opinions so far.
Posted By: THE LABRADORIAN Re: DC Universe Online - 12/24/10 04:50 AM
200 dollars for lifetime, i think i will take that up!
whoops that pounds?
Whoops sorry, i have had too much to drink and have totally missed the important part of the subject matter of this topic, i live in canada.
Posted By: Vee Re: DC Universe Online - 12/24/10 05:30 PM
I'm really looking forward to this. And that lifetime sub sure sounds appealing.
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/09/11 07:44 PM
DC Online is going live 01/11/11. laugh
Posted By: Mattropolis Re: DC Universe Online - 01/09/11 07:45 PM
Yeah, my PC doesn't meet qualifications and I don't have a PS3, so I will be getting a late start to this...
Posted By: Suddenly Seymour Re: DC Universe Online - 01/10/11 12:54 PM
I tried to do the beta, but my PC isn't up to it, either, and my PS3 and wireless connection balked at more than 20 hours of downloads, so I'll be waiting for my disc.

I did have friends who played, however, and they said it was awesome -- especially the character generator. What concerns me is that it played like a more traditional fighting game, even on the PC, relying on combos. I usually try go get through those kinds of games by button-mashing, but that's not enough on some. I have a feeling this will join the pile of games that look really cool and I'd love to play but can't get past the first or second level.
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 01/10/11 06:15 PM
I hope it's not just a button-smasher, Seymour. I'm hoping for interesting quest-lines and such to go along with the fighting.
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/12/11 03:04 AM
Anyone else get up and running yet?
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 01/12/11 07:53 AM
I'm up and running Blue! I'm on World 7.. I don't remember the name of the server.. But I'm the Red Talon! He's got Gadgets, Dual Pistols and acrobatics.

I had a LOT of fun messing around with character creation.. but once I got playing i'm struggling with the camera. For some reason, it won't stay locked behind my toon.. instead I have to constantly move it as I move.

I'm I doing something wrong?
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/12/11 11:59 AM
The camera on the PC version seems to be running all over the place.
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 01/12/11 05:43 PM
It's driving me nuts, Blue! I like the game, but why do I have to control the camera when i'm moving? it should be set to stay behind my back.
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 01/12/11 05:47 PM
We should start a Legion group by the way.. What server are you on?
Posted By: Vee Re: DC Universe Online - 01/12/11 09:49 PM
I'm on also and having the problem with the camera as well as finding it to be very laggy. Can't say I'm really enjoying it too much (except for character creator of course)

I have Valiant Lad on Brave New World server but don't think I'm happy with the power choices so he may not last.

BTW, how the heck do you get out of the ship? tongue
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/12/11 10:24 PM
Have you gotten to the point where you meet Superman, Vee?

After you talk to Superman, Oracle tells you to take a teleporter out. The teleporter is that large glowing thing in the corner.

I have made a couple of characters. It wouldn't let me make a Blue Battler, so I am working on making a Power Prince.
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/12/11 10:25 PM
I bought a guidebook. I think I'm going to have to knuckle down and read it so I can figure out how to do things.
Posted By: Vee Re: DC Universe Online - 01/12/11 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Have you gotten to the point where you meet Superman, Vee?

After you talk to Superman, Oracle tells you to take a teleporter out. The teleporter is that large glowing thing in the corner.

I have made a couple of characters. It wouldn't let me make a Blue Battler, so I am working on making a Power Prince.
No, I can't figure out how to hack the terminal and fight the overseers laugh
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/12/11 11:17 PM
Hacking the Terminal just requires you to get near it.It should flash, and then you hit E until its hacked.
Posted By: Vee Re: DC Universe Online - 01/12/11 11:24 PM
Did that over and over and over last night. Never flashed before though I was standing on the x on the map and it keep telling me to hack the damn computer! laugh
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/12/11 11:41 PM
Did you keep E pressed? You have to keep it depressed.
Posted By: Vee Re: DC Universe Online - 01/13/11 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Did you keep E pressed? You have to keep it depressed.
0_0
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/13/11 01:10 AM
Yeah. There should be a little icon that lets you know that it is working. It has to complete for the hack to be complete.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: DC Universe Online - 01/13/11 04:09 AM
Blue, hadn't seen you in a while. Great to see you again. Hope things are well.
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 01/13/11 04:58 AM
Just keep following Oracle's advice and following the map Vee. It'll lead you to an area where you have to deactivate some equipment so Superman can get on the ship.

I've got Marvel Lad on the Zero Hour server. His mentor is Superman, and I chose Fly, Brawl and Mental. So he's kind of a mixture of Superboy and Projectra.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: DC Universe Online - 01/13/11 08:57 PM
Never played. Is it any good?
Posted By: Vee Re: DC Universe Online - 01/13/11 09:28 PM
Just debuted on Tuesday Rick. I'm having a few issues so I can't really tell yet but some of the others seem to be liking it.
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/13/11 10:45 PM
We might want to pick a server and try to run a Legion Group. laugh
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: DC Universe Online - 01/14/11 01:04 AM
Probably wouldn't work for me. I haven't played any games since Zelda was 64 bit or something like that. Nintendo before the 64? WAAAAAAAYYYYYY to many combinations of maneuvers for me.
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 01/14/11 01:50 PM
Vee.. did you get through Brainiac's ship?

I'm having a lot of fun with the game so far. I haven't got to spend a lot of time with it because of work.

Yesterday, I was busy stopping Gorilla Grodd's plans and even teamed up with the Flash to stop him.
Posted By: Vee Re: DC Universe Online - 01/14/11 09:53 PM
I think I must be doing something wrong or have not actually found the terminal because I've spent way too much time trying to hack it and nothing. Valiant is standing in front of a window that looks out over a work pit of some sort with overseers in it. Does that sound like the right place? Directly ahead of the tunnel that brings you to this room. Also, I keep seeing the tip to hack the terminal bt pressing E when I'm near the terminal so I assume I'm near it.

On top of the "lag" and camera issues, this is getting me very frustrated! frown
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/14/11 10:35 PM
I'll double check but the termianl isn't right at the window I think.
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 01/15/11 02:36 AM
It's right before the Trash room, Vee. If it doesn't have an 'E' over it when you get close, it's the wrong one.
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/15/11 09:01 PM
I am looking to find out how to use a controller with the PC version. From playing the PS3 version I think it's much easier to play with a controller.
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 01/16/11 02:10 AM
Let us know what you find out Blue. That camera thing is annoying.

The terminal you are supposed to hack Vee is after you drop through those transport tubes. you get a cut scene and then it's right there i think.
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/16/11 03:11 AM
It's supposed to be an option but as of yesterday there were bugs indicating that some people were not able to get the option to use controllers.

And Vee, I also saw a post about some players not being able to get off Brainiac's ship.

Maybe you should make another toon on another server and see if you get the same result. I know from experience you can use the same name on different servers.
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 01/16/11 01:43 PM
We need to pick a server to play on together.. maybe Virtue and Vice so we can be the Legion of Virtue again?
Posted By: Vee Re: DC Universe Online - 01/16/11 04:02 PM
I'll give it a shot on Virtue & Vice then.
Posted By: Vee Re: DC Universe Online - 01/16/11 05:26 PM
Well, made a new toon on Virtue & Vice but the same thing is happening. I drop down from the tube but I do not get a cut scene and there is nothing that flashes or shows an E above it when I get near it. Not sure what else to do.

Guess I'll try to do a little research on their forums to try to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/16/11 05:29 PM
Made a Power Prince on Virtue and Vice. laugh
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 01/16/11 06:37 PM
In an attempt to make the game a PS3 *and* PC usable game without 'speaking' either 'language,' it's a bit of a Frankenstein's monster that doesn't do either version terribly well, IMO.

City of Heroes and Champions Online are both way easier to move around in, and you aren't limited to having six powers (because having a keyboard with 45 buttons is wasted on a game that's designed to be playable on a gamepad with a half dozen).

I'm kinda surprised at the clunky and limited palette of costume / appearance options. This is Sony, the company that brought us Star Wars Galaxies, which had *incredibly* thorough and captivating character customization options for the various Star Wars races.

Nice cloth textures on the capes, 'though, and I love, love, love that the speedsters can run up walls and stuff (a waist-high wall could be an impassable barrier to a superhero in Champions Online or City of Heroes, if they couldn't fly, super-jump or otherwise get around it!).

I've got a nature dude on Virtue & Vice named Woodwose, but I didn't make it out of the tutorial yet, because I just kept dying and dying and got frustrated.

Turns out having never played a controller game in my life was a bit of a handicap. smile
Posted By: Suddenly Seymour Re: DC Universe Online - 01/16/11 10:09 PM
Well, if they ever send me my review copy, I'll hop on Virtue and Vice.

Set, I stink at controller games, so your post scares me. But I'll still give it a go.
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 01/16/11 11:21 PM
I've finally, after much coaching from a more controller savvy player, got through the tutorial with one of my characters.

I'm liking some aspects of the creator, even if it lacks the versatility at launch of Champions Online or City of Heroes/Villains.

Six powersets, at launch, which is amazingly few, for a superhero game (or an online game in general, which often have like a dozen classes, with three different 'specs' each, to as many as forty-five classes for a mature MMO like Dark Ages of Camelot).

Nature and Sorcery are 'healing' sets, Gadgets and Mental are 'control' sets and Fire and Ice are 'defense' sets. All six sets have a damage-dealing option, or a secondary option (focused on healing, control or defense, respectively), which is nice for solo vs. group play. (Playing a healer or controller can be tedious in solo play, as it's difficult to heal criminals into submission...)

Each set also has two sub-options. For Nature, it's Shapeshifting (various preset animal forms and abilities) and Plant Control (tangly vines and toxic pollen clouds and the like).

Unlike City of Heroes and Champions, no matter what your power is, you choose an attack form from a different menu entirely, so your plant controller might use energy blasts from his hands, dual pistols, martial arts, a rifle, a melee weapon, etc. I picked hand blasts at first, but didn't like the visual for a plant controller and remade him using a quarterstaff (since I didn't love the bow either).

Since the first plant control power is a vine that shoots out from your hand, snags a distant enemy and drags them to you, it synergized well with the close range limitations of taking a staff (over a gun or bow or energy blasts).

Snag, drag, and beatdown with a wooden stick. A decent in-theme attack style for a plant controller. smile

It's inconveniently simple, for my tastes. It's been observed by friends that I can play Star Fleet Battles, with a 300 page rulebook, but can't keep the rules of chess straight. Similarly, I can play a high-pressure role like raid healer in EverQuest 2, where I've got 40 or so spell icons on my screen and have to be able to find my instant heals and wards in a tenth of a second, and yet having to remember to hit Q and Tab to target and lock something in this game is freaking killing me. smile
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/17/11 01:50 AM
Oddly enough, you can't play the PC version with a PS3 Controller (odd because Sony made the game as well as the PS3), but supposedly you can play it using an Xbox Controller. I don't have one of those, but I'll probably pick one up.

Seymour, since there aren't a lot of powers I don't think it will be TOO hard to pick up. I am not a great Console player by any means but I manage to squeak by on Easy. laugh
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 01/17/11 04:59 AM
I'm enjoying the game, and i'm enjoying the current choices that are available to me. I've not got to play as much as i'd like due to other commitments, however, so I haven't gotten very far. (I did help Flash beat up Grodd!!!!)

That being said, the camera control drives me nuts. Why do I have to move the camera and my toon? Why can't I move the toon and the camera follow like in CoH?
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 01/17/11 11:57 AM
So far I've toyed around with (on Virtue & Vice);

Meanstreak - speedster with guns and gadgets (gained super-speed, a super-fast and powerful mind and a crystalline body from the exobytes, and uses them to assemble traps and tricks, otherwise runs around at flash-like speeds and shoots people a lot, totally betrays my obsession with dual-pistol-using speedsters like Killjoy, Serge and Mercury Mercenary). Mentor - Batman.

Woodwose - teen hero whose body has converted to become part plant, and is currently able to cause vines to shoot out and drag people to him, or to erupt from the ground all around him, hurling everyone back. Uses acrobatic movement and a quarterstaff. Mentor - Superman.

Orichalum - a diver who was exposed to exobyte-triggered metamorphosis while attempting to explore an undersea ruin (that was, unknown to her, Atlantean in origin). her skin bonded with the obsidian of the lava flow that destroyed the outpost, and the magical orichalum metal of the mystical artifact she was trying to unearth from the obsidian, making her into a magical golem in the shape of the woman she once was, with flight and sorcery powers. Now, like a certain Zoe, she hungers for more magical artifacts, hoping to gain the ability to reclaim her human form, burned away and transformed. Mentor - Circe.
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 01/17/11 01:10 PM
I'll link some screenshots of what you can do with the character creator, if I can ever get the ****ing thing to take a screenshot and save it to a folder, which is apparently 31st century Gil'Dishpan technology to the idiots at Sony, since they didn't bother to use the pre-existing folder made explicitly for that purpose, that even their *other* games use.

Grr.
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/17/11 02:27 PM
If you find out how to do screenshots let me know.
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 01/17/11 05:08 PM
F9, instead of PrntScrn was my problem.

They use F9 for Screenshots. The screenshots get saved into a folder which should default to C://Users/yourusername/My Documents/My Games/DC Universe Online/DC Game/Screenshots
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 01/18/11 05:15 PM
On Virtue & Vice I currently have Chameleon Kid!
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 01/18/11 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Crymsun Kid:
On Virtue & Vice I currently have Chameleon Kid!
Did you go for the Nature / Shapeshifting theme?

I meant to try it, but got sidetracked playing with Sorcery / Summoning, Nature / Plant and Gadgets / Tricks.

My latest character is silly, a Martian Manhunter inspired character called Venusian Girlhunter, a flying bow-using flame character. (She's a girl. She thought that 'manhunter' meant 'man, who hunts,' and since she was a girl, who hunts, 'girlhunter' seemed like the obvious choice. Silly alien teenagers!) Plus, the game wouldn't let me name her Venusian Manhunter. Nor Venusian Vampire Vixen, oddly. Perhaps Bill Watterson copyrighted that... smile

I was considering a whole planet-manhunter theme, with a fire speedster called Mercury Manhunter and a telepathic flying Saturnine Manhunter and a Plutonian Manhunter with ice powers, but that seemed too silly, even for me.
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 01/20/11 05:24 AM
I did go with Nature/Shapeshifting with Chameleon Kid. His first form is a Pteradactyl, but I'm not sure if I like it's attack powers. It is nice to be able to fly, in that form, and do acrobatics in his main form.

Now.. I want to add you guys as friends on Virtue & Vice.. but i'm not sure how. Anyone know?
Posted By: .. Re: DC Universe Online - 01/21/11 06:37 PM
Just picked up and started playing the game yesterday.

My PC doesn't have any hope of running it though, so I'm playing the PS3 version
Posted By: ActorLad Re: DC Universe Online - 01/22/11 07:46 AM
I wish I could join in the fun with y'all but my PC hasn't a chance of running it & I've yet to be able to afford a PS3.
Posted By: Suddenly Seymour Re: DC Universe Online - 01/22/11 07:38 PM
I finally got my review copy and, after hours of downloading, have a game installed on my PS3.

What server are you on, dedman? And who else is on PS3?
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/27/11 12:15 AM
Seymour I am on PS3 as well as PC. Wish I could get my ps3 sub to change to yearly.
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 01/27/11 12:18 AM
And I am on Crisis on PS3. laugh
Posted By: Suddenly Seymour Re: DC Universe Online - 01/29/11 12:04 AM
I'll hop on to Crisis then, if I ever get a chance to play -- maybe next weekend.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: DC Universe Online - 01/29/11 01:32 AM
I guess I'm just too old, but I can't see spending 50 bucks for a game I have to pay 15 bucks more a month to keep playing. Thats $230 for just one year. Guess I'm just not much of a gamer. I still haven't figured out facebook now that lash threatened to beat me with a 2x4 if i didn't join. lol
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 02/01/11 07:48 PM
I have no idea why, but when my character entered the Metropolis police station to complete a mission, floating near one of the vendors was the Emerald Eye of Ekron.

It didn't have any name and wasn't targettable, but it was a basketball sized floating big eyeball with a green iris, and a corona of green energy around it.

I was kinda surprised to see that!
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 02/11/11 05:08 AM
Random review of the game;

So I've made three heroes and three villains, just to play around with the beginning storyarcs for each of the six mentor types.

So far, working for Batman, my speedster / super-intelligent gadgeteer, Meanstreak, teamed up with Batwoman, against the Scarecrow, and Nightwing against Bane.

The Scarecrow fight was very funky, as he kept sending waves of manifested fears against us, which the game created as monsters that we had to fight, or dangers we had to avoid (literally 'fighting our fears') until we could fight them off and then return to kicking his butt. (An earlier mission, where the character destroyed a reserve of fear gas he had squirreled away, turned out to be relevant, as he menaced about unleashing a new fear on us, and then muttered 'What? How can I be out of gas already?')

The Bane fight had some environmental stuff, as Bane would destroy support pillars and make the building start collapsing in certain areas (so you had to run to another part of the room, and attack from a distance, to avoid getting munched by falling debris near him), and warned that he could dig his way free, but we'd be crushed when he collapsed the final pillar, so Nightwing and my character had to take him down before he got to that pillar. It was a close one!

For Lex Luthor, my shapeshifter character fought Power Girl, with the Parasite and dozens of parasite-infected students, and she kicked my butt a half-dozen times. I gave up on that one and I was so pissed off I deleted that character. Power Girl is hardcore. My new Lex Luthor character is a hammer-wielding flying wind and lightning-throwing dude named Sturmhrafn, who is in no way a shameless Thor-ripoff. See, he's got *black hair,* so, totally different! smile

For Circe, my flying sorceress-golem, Orichalum, invaded Dr. Fate's 'sanctum of magic' and shut down a spell he was using to interfere with an evil agenda to bring some of Trigon's power into the world, so that she could tap it, and faced Dr. Fate with Brother Blood at my side. He also kicked my evil butt the first time, and I left the mission, ran around for a bit doing other missions until I was a few levels higher, and then came back and, with Bloods help, banished Fate's spell, and kicked his butt.

For Superman, my plant-controlling staff-wielding acrobat, Woodwose, helped free the Flash from a trap of Gorilla Grodd's, and then we fought him together. (Another Superman mission had me fighting through waves of Queen Bee's drones, to finally get to her, and discover that she was working for Brainiac.)

For the Joker, my fireball-throwing martial artist speedster, Feurkraft, went into a mission to free some Falcone hoods from a Gotham City PD raid, only to find out at the last moment that the Huntress had shown up to help. Fortunately for team evil, Catwoman showed up as well, and had a personal grudge to settle with the Huntress, so although she was no big help freeing the Falcone's, she was there for the big fight with the Huntress, who was pretty tough.

I haven't gotten far enough with the Wonder Woman-mentored character (flying telekinetic in a formal fancy dress party sort of dress, who carries a couple of pistols. La Femme Nikita, if she was also a telekinetic...) to have one of these 'team-up' missions, but it looks like rescuing Zatanna from Felix Faust is on the menu.

Both Circe and Lex Luthor are big on infecting / possessing people with stuff, Lex having them turned into Parasites and Circe having them possessed by fire demons from Trigon's realm. Even as a veteran of playing evil classes in EverQuest, Horde in Warcraft and villains in City of Villains, I was a bit taken aback by missions to run around knocking civilians unconscious and then having them possessed and transformed into fire demons, to send after the cops... Yikes!

Circe also had a followup mission to stop Raven from resisting Trigon's efforts to enter this plane. To do that, my character had to fight through various police officers in the precinct where she was meditating, and in the first area, fight Wonder Girl, in the next, Starfire, then Cyborg, and finally, Nightwing. After beating them all, my evil sorceress had to fight Raven herself, who kept sending soul-selves to defend herself (this fight occured in her mind!), and they were more hardcore than any of the Titans that I had to face on the way in!

Hearing Circe rant about how cool it was going to be now that we'd broken down the barriers keeping Trigon out of this plane made me think that her and Blood are a few sandwiches short of a picnic, if they think that letting Trigon into this plane is a good idea... Bad villains! Plan ahead!

I still pretty much loathe the interface, but I've got three more days before my 1 month subscription runs out, and since I've decided not to renew (at least until I get a new job!), I wanted to give each of the powersets, and each of the mentors, a run, just to see what was what.

There are exactly two things I really like about the game;

1) the ability to use acrobatics or super-speed to run up walls, which, in CoH or Champions Online, are pretty much impassible barriers to anyone who didn't take Flight.

2) the presence of all these familiar faces. Running around the Legion of Doom headquarters (deep under the ocean) or the Justice League Watchtower (in orbit), you run into tons of super-heroes, like the Flash or Hawkman, or villains like the Riddler or Black Adam. Being able to run missions with them assisting you, or against other 'named' supervillains (or heroes) is kinda neat. City of Heroes and Champions Online may be *vastly* better, mechanically, and have so many more options that it's ridiculous (CoH *started* with 45 powersets, and has dozens more now, while DCO has between 6 and 12, depending on how generous you feel), but being able to fight alongside Nightwing, as a hero, or get your butt kicked by Power Girl, as a villain, is a totally cool experience.

Booster Gold gets a fair amount of play as well, narrating tours of the city (in a self-promoting and boastful fashion), and being seen on the occasional billboard, and Ambush Bug shares the dubious distinction of being the only character to appear in both the Hall of Doom *and* the Watchtower, since he's apparently not very clear about which side he's on...

It looks like, in the Arena combats, you'll be able to play *as* certain unlockable DC characters, and Harley Quinn is the first villain that everyone gets as an option, and, IIRC, Robin is the first hero. I haven't played any Arena games, and I don't much care for PVP, so I have no idea how fun it would be to play *as* these particular characters (neither of which, frankly, blows up my skirt, and while there are ways to get access to other options, my disinterest in PVP has stopped me from exploring those options).
Posted By: Blacula Re: DC Universe Online - 02/11/11 08:36 AM
^ Thanks for that summary Set. I've been on the fence about this game for a little while now. The reviews haven't exactly been filled with praise... but the thought of playing in the DCU alongside all my favourite characters (well, some of my favourite characters until they get the 70s Titans and the Legion in there) is a real draw.

Not that I've ever played CoH but the fact that it has so much more choice of powers (and I've heard DCU Online does not have much of a selection of costumes/'looks' either) is a bit disappointing. You'd think a new game would have taken what an old game did and improved upon it.

I think I'll wait a while to see if it improves and just follow the reviews. Don't really have the time or money to spend on something that's less than 100% fun at the moment.
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 02/11/11 09:50 PM
If I didn't already have so much experience with MMOs that weren't designed to be compatible with a six-button playstation controller, and allowed me to make use of my entire keyboard *and* my mouse, I'd probably love it. But it's just so painfully small and limited, compared to what I've played already.

Right now there's a special offer to get 90 days for 29.95 ish, and I'm considering whether or not that's worth it. (Normally MMOs are 19.95 per month, ish.) I've got free lifetime access to Star Trek online, Champions online and Lord of the Rings online, as well as a few characters on a friends World of Warcraft accounts (he's got six accounts!), so I'm not lacking for stuff to play, even without spending money...

I got my Joker-allied character up to the next teamup mission, which is the exact same beat-up-Bane mission, only, as a villain, I'm teamed up with Killer Croc instead of Nightwing. I failed the first couple of times (Killer Croc is no Nightwing, that's for sure!), and will have to do the old 'go outside and get a few levels and try again' tactic.

It looks like they recycle a few missions, like the fight with Bane. On the one hand, that's a little cheap, on the other hand, it might be fun to play the Parasite vs. Power Girl fight or Dr. Fate vs. Brother Blood fight on the side of the good guys!
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 02/15/11 04:13 AM
And I've run into the Emerald Eye of Ekron again, this time outside of the Gotham Botanical Gardens.

I have no idea what's up with this!
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 02/20/11 03:32 AM
I saw the Emerald Eye also Set. It was near one of the Metropolis Police Stations. The one in Little Bohemia.
Posted By: .. Re: DC Universe Online - 02/20/11 03:49 AM
I gotta get back into playing this.
Just been so busy lately I haven't had a chance.
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 02/20/11 03:51 AM
I've now seen one following someone, so it must be some sort of pre-order bonus 'pet' with no special abilities or something. They are common in other MMOs, and I didn't pre-order, so I didn't get any such toys.

If I'd known the Emerald Eye was a pre-order toy, I probably would have made a character with that theme and pre-ordered. smile

Edit: On second thought, looking at the pre-order bonuses, that isn't one of them, so it must be a quest reward or something you can get otherwise, perhaps by running the Joker's Vault a lot. (I've gotten a Lobo hoodie, a Hawkman hoodiie, a Joker hoodie, a Shazam t-shirt and a bouncy kryptonian ball so far. Will keep trying for that Emerald Eye!)
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: DC Universe Online - 02/20/11 04:29 AM
I think it's a pet choice from sorcery called the Watcher. But I'm not sure.
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 02/20/11 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
I think it's a pet choice from sorcery called the Watcher. But I'm not sure.
That would be hilarious, since I've got a mid-level summoner/sorcerer and just never got around to picking that power...

Doh!

Got my first character to max level (30, for this game). Currently messing around with different newbie builds. All of the really cool names I want to use are taken, and my character design is generally built around the concept, which totally changes when I have to pick another name, forcing me to start all over again! Grr. Who took Sol Invictus, anyway? How obscure do I have to get? smile

Less time to play, though, as a friend has pressed me into service getting his WoW herbalist and miner skilled up while he's at work.

Ah, the life of the unemployed gamer. "Will level your toons for food!"
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 02/21/11 12:43 AM
I wish I had more time to play. I get maybe 5 hours in a week.. frown Too much going on.. work, kids. Typical life of a single Dad I suppose.
Posted By: Crymsun Kid Re: DC Universe Online - 03/03/11 03:49 AM
I'm going to be on Virtue & Vice tomorrow as my villain character... probably some time in the afternoon. My character's name is Kill Shot. Look me up if you want to team up in Gotham.
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: DC Universe Online - 09/21/11 11:11 AM
DC Online is joining the free to play bandwagon.
Posted By: jab Re: DC Universe Online - 09/22/11 09:56 PM
hiiii im on this if anyone wants a nooby group person looking for a faux legion league. my character is 'action lad', my psn name thingie is jabbers 2099. i have no clue about any mmorpg lingo, but i like to play. heh.
Posted By: Lone Wolf Legionnaire Re: DC Universe Online - 11/20/11 09:02 AM
I just got on DCU online for the 1st time with a character named Wildwolfkid.
Posted By: ActorLad Re: DC Universe Online - 01/24/12 03:33 AM
Started playing yesterday, already up to about level 7. I'm a psychic meta hero, called Vivid.
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: DC Universe Online - 06/27/12 02:53 AM
Hello to old friends.

I'm addicted to this game. I have 6 characters right now. lol. Two Legion inspirations.

UltraMan5yl is the main one I am using right now. Superman mentor. Do we have a Legion League created on there?

I'm on the PS3 version though. I am guessing most are on the PC version.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: DC Universe Online - 06/27/12 03:22 AM
I have a free account on the PS3 which I never play. But I play on the PC with tons of characters including Invisible Kid, Karate Kid, Polar Boy, etc.

Lost Ultra Boy, Timber Wolf and some others in the merger last year.
Posted By: .. Re: DC Universe Online - 06/27/12 01:34 PM
I own the PS3 version but haven't played much, too many other games distracting me...

...and I can't play at all right now, just moved and won't have internet at home for another week or two (though I am building a parabolic dish to try and tap my in-laws interwebs till my own is hooked up, they live 6 houses down the street)

Anyways, if your on PS3 look me up; if I'm online with it I'll be happy to play
My PSN is the same as my username here (viridislament)
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: DC Universe Online - 06/29/12 12:30 AM
Viridis i will add you. Thanks. I'm a bit addicted to the game right now.

I see they have many Kryptonian leagues...was hoping for a true Legion style league but I am not a premium member.

NC, I would love to see screen shots if you get a chance.
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: DC Universe Online - 11/21/12 01:31 AM
I have just got a free account yesterday. My character is a magician. If anyone wants to play with me this week, please send me a PM.
Posted By: .. Re: DC Universe Online - 11/21/12 06:23 AM
Sent you a PM
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 11/25/12 04:57 PM
I just tried logging in again. I couldn't even remember how to activate my characters super-speed, so after ten minutes of running around very, very slowly, I got frustrated and logged out.

Oh, this game. It gives me agita how various video game companies can take licenses to print money (like Star Trek Online, from Cryptic, or Star Wars Galaxies, from Sony, or DC Online, also from Sony, IIRC) and just utterly fall down on the implementation of the two step process of
A) develop property with huge and fanatical fanbase and
B) roll around in gold-plated bathtubs filled with yet more gold.
Posted By: Blacula Re: DC Universe Online - 11/26/12 06:10 AM
This post might be poor form in a rival MMO's thread but since I hear DCU Online is on the way down, and you all might be looking for a new MMO to get into, I thought I might mention one I recently discovered and am *LOVING*...

GUILD WARS 2.

Here's its Metacritic page if you want to read some of the amazing reviews it's received -

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

I never played DCU Online so I'm not sure how GW2 compares to that, but IMO GW2 is simply amazing. I'm not much of a gamer but this is the most fun I've had with a computer game... ever I think. And there's no monthly subscription. You just pay the one initial fee and then the entire beautiful and constantly updated game is yours.

Hope to see you in there.
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 11/26/12 06:21 AM
I've toyed around recently with an Elementalist and a Mesmerist (or whatever, I don't remember the names yet...) in Guild Wars 2, and find the combat system and the questing interface to be very cool.

The Asura race is just totally fun to play with. The Charr (or whatever...) are a bit overly serious. I haven't tried the other three races (or other half-dozen or so classes, although Necromancer and Hunter type classes are usually my first 'go-to' classes).

I just don't have the attention span for MMOs that I had when EQ2, DAoC and CoH/CoV were burning up my free time. Gosh, I miss City of Heroes. (Or, more specifically, I miss City of Villains...) :>

I love, love, love fighting beside Nightwing against Bane, and whatnot, in DC Online. The characters and the interactions make the game. Working for Lex Luthor (as a villain) to infect college kids with a virus that turns them into mini-Parasites is just evil fun. But the game's mechanics are just teh uber-suq.

I got my hand all warmed up. If I ever meet the idjit who decided to make the PC gamers use the gamepad control options, so that you have to right mouse click 10 times and then left mouse hold for 3 seconds *to throw a ****ing punch,* I'm gonna slap the bones clear out of that fool's skin.
Posted By: Blacula Re: DC Universe Online - 11/26/12 06:37 AM
^ haha wow! Is that the game mechanics? Yeah - that doesn't sound fun.

I totally get what you mean when you talk about the coolness of fighting beside Nightwing or Lex Luthor or whoever though. As a huge DC(old)U fan I had been super-exicted about this game for that very reason. But when the graphics didn't really impress me, and I heard people complaining about the controls and the limited power/costume options, my interest began to wane.

And then I discovered Guild Wars 2 and whoever has time for more than one MMO in their lives really needs to give me their secrets to time-stasis.

I have a Norn Elementalist and a Human Ranger in GW2 but am itching to try out all the other races too. I have a Char Guardian and a Sylvari Necromancer in my head just waiting to happen.

I love, love, love the 'look' of the world. Sometimes I just find a high vantage point and spend a few minutes just admiring the creators' beautiful vision. I find the 'dynamic quest' mechanic and the way you can help other players for as long or short a time as you want before running off to do your own thing totally liberating and fun too.

GW2 is actually my first MMO so maybe some of the things that impress me are actually old-hat to more experienced MMOers (just teaming up with other actual 'live' players is still a thrill for me) but still, this game has been seriously awesome IMO.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: DC Universe Online - 09/30/20 08:25 PM
DCUO Announces Next Episode: Long Live The Legion

If anyone is still playing now would be a good time to return. And anyone that considered it, now would be a good time to try. It's mostly free and the new episodes (like this one) are free to play for several months after they are launched.
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: DC Universe Online - 09/30/20 10:58 PM
I would be interested in playing again if there is any interest here or on the fb pages I am on for organized guilds. I have found that playing online with strangers to be the least fun part of MMOs, ironically enough.
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 10/01/20 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
DCUO Announces Next Episode: Long Live The Legion

If anyone is still playing now would be a good time to return. And anyone that considered it, now would be a good time to try. It's mostly free and the new episodes (like this one) are free to play for several months after they are launched.

Thanks for the heads up. It's been an age since I played, and I was not a big fan, but I will absolutely log in for a month just to fly around future-Metropolis and interact with Legion characters (and villains like the Emerald Empress!). The artwork in the article is from the new Bendisboot, so I wonder if that's the version of the Legion (and Metropolis) that's going to appear in-game? I kinda want the big L-shaped headquarters (or, heck, even the flipped over rocketship, if only in the background somewhere!).

Man, the art layout for this expansion must be insane. Not just random crowds of civilians, but *alien* civilians with unique art, and, perhaps even, unique animations (for aliens who aren't necessarily humanoid). Plus futuristic building designs that aren't cut and pasted from every other city design? That's a lot of original code, potentially. I'm eager to see what they do with it, and if the future-expansion area remains open, because I'd happily never leave it, and just play in that corner of the DCU, far from the present-day Gotham and whatnot.

And the download begins. Goodness, my poor computer. DC Online. Star Trek Online. Elder Scrolls Online. Final Fantasy XIV Online. Something's gonna have to go out behind the woodshed. smile
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: DC Universe Online - 10/04/20 03:00 AM
If anyone wants to start playing (again or the first time) and want a Legionnaire name for their character, I own both Star Boy and Starboy on the PC/PS4 server and would be willing to part with the Starboy name. PM if interested. First person to claim it, gets it.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: DC Universe Online - 10/19/20 09:43 PM
Via Twitter -

She reads minds and leads heroes. Straight from the 31st Century, it's Saturn Girl! #LongLiveTheLegion #Episode39 #DCUO

click to enlarge

And previously -

Metropolis in the 31st Century. #LongLiveTheLegion #Episode39 #DCUO

click to enlarge

Vengar:

So, this is not a place where you would want to fight Emerald Empress. #LongLiveTheLegion #Episode39 #DCUO

(Also, this is where you will fight Emerald Empress.)

click to enlarge

Zerox:

When the future starts to look like an arcane hellscape, you know it's time for a new team. #LongLiveTheLegion #Episode39 #DCUO

click to enlarge

Attached picture EkthA8qXEAEp-X3.jpg
Attached picture EkfF1NyXIAMRviw.jpg
Attached picture EkUXLX6XYAEIp9v.jpg
Attached picture EkTPILjXcAIofTi.jpg
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: DC Universe Online - 10/26/20 06:07 PM
Cosmic Boy -

click to enlarge

Attached picture ElRfSyGWkAMq5i2.jpg
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: DC Universe Online - 11/05/20 10:10 PM
It's live now. Play it yourself for free.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 541.jpg
Posted By: supragirl Re: DC Universe Online - 11/07/20 08:26 PM
Well, this event gave me the thing I wanted most: a Legion belt.
Posted By: Set Re: DC Universe Online - 11/08/20 12:58 AM
I loaded it and ran around future Metropolis a bit, but it wasn't quite as awesome as I hoped, since there weren't a lot of recognizable landmarks (or, any, that I could find). It's possible the cool stuff is tucked away in the missions, but my character is five years old and his gear is too low level to get into any of them. (And I'd be skeered to ruin some other peeps day by signing up for one anyway, since I am flat-out terrible at this game and would be a stone around their necks.) smile

I did get to see (and get zapped by) mind-controlled Rokk, Imra and Garth at various times, and saw the Emerald Eye once, but missed out on Validus and the Empress so far.

Just to visit future Metropolis, I think you've got to be level 15-ish, since my newbies couldn't go. (Although, again, I suck at this game, so perhaps I missed something.)
Posted By: stile86 Re: DC Universe Online - 11/08/20 03:42 AM
Is this a short time period event which is only available briefly or a permanent addition to the game? Anyone know? I've never played and I'm not really in to fighting games but I will probably try it at some stage.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: DC Universe Online - 11/08/20 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by stile86
Is this a short time period event which is only available briefly or a permanent addition to the game? Anyone know? I've never played and I'm not really in to fighting games but I will probably try it at some stage.

It's permanent, but the event (free preview) of it will only last a few months until the next dlc launches. After that your cr (combat rating/basically level) will have to be 310 to enter and you'll have to own the dlc or be a member to access it.
Posted By: stile86 Re: DC Universe Online - 11/09/20 02:09 AM
Thanks for the explanation.
Posted By: Matter Lad Re: DC Universe Online - 11/12/20 07:21 PM
So apparently the new update coming will be including Legion content! Should I reinstall this on my xbox?
© Legion World