Legion World
Is it wrong that I'm actually kind of excited about this?
nope, not wrong at all ...
Nope. Everyone has their own things that get their fan thing going on.
I'm just as excited about it as you, Arachne. smile

I hope they keep Lion-O's other old catchphrases -- "SWORD OF OMENS, GIVE ME SIGHT BEYOND SIGHT!" and "SWORD OF OMENS, COME TO MY HAND!"
I'll be interested to see the redesigns. I hope anime means character driven ongoing plot-lines, but that's probably asking too much.
Sadly, it probably is asking too much. American studios have borrowed only the surface elements, but the gutsiness of anime continues to elude them.

Anime itself has arguably been in decline since it started reaching the American mainstream.

I recall reading somewhere that Korea has begun outpacing Japan artistically in the animation medium. I'll have to look into that.
Cartoon Network seems to be on the cusp of a great era based on that line-up! I might have to start watching cartoons again on a more regular basis!
I hope there's no Snarf...
Ha ha ha ha.

Snarf was a lot less annoying in the Spanish dub.
I'm actually pretty pumped about it too. Thundercats is one of my all-time favorite cartoons. I hope the New Thundercats (Pumyra, Ben-Gali, & Lynx-O) get to do more.
They'll probably get killed off in the first episode to make room for new characters (new toys) original to the new show.
I hope not, that would be a real shame.
If the animation is anything like what I've seen of the "Iron Man" anime, I'll be psyched.

Oddly enough, I hope to see the Driller make an appearance.
But...but...they're always so negative, goin' around callin' people "ho"s. Thats just not nice.

wink
Looks like it is on like Donkey Kong....

New Thundercats show - preview!

I'm pretty psyched!
Anyone see the premiere??

Two words: Awe. Some!

NO SPOILERS***Great reboot! It rewrites a lot of the old show, but adds a lot of interesting elements while keeping most of what made the show interesting in the first place. Minor quibbles here and there, (I'll go into them when I have more time and after more people have caught it) but the show's off to a great start! Let's hope there are multiple seasons if things progress with this quality.

Next up is Silverhawks! (how could it not be?)
It's been a long time since my kids and I watched 'ThunderCats'.
I loved the premiere.
The presonalities were wonderful and, sorry, Snarf was adorable, as were the twins.
Mumra was chilling.
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">
I wonder what happened to all of the people that went to the underground area for safety?
</span></span>
frown
I rewatched the premiere and have some thoughts:

****SPOILERS*****
-(although you really should've seen it by now wink )
-
-
-
-
- The one glaring drawback for me was how little Panthro was featured. I imagine he'll show up later, but I was surprised he was barely there. At first I thought he'd have some great entrance during the battle as someone who's mastered technology, (since that was his thing in the old show) then I thought "Wow - they made him a traitor! That's a shock!" but then after it turned out he was possessed, I thought, "What happened to Panthro? is he still lying on top of that tree? Is he in a cell?
- I like the new dynamic tension between Lion-O and Tigra. They manage to make Tigra likable despite his arrpogance and rivalry with Lion-O. I wondered for a second if he would throw his lot in with Gruun, or become jealous of Lion-O.
- The social commentary was an interesting addition that I thought gave this series some depth. It's daring to say that Thundera wasn't so perfect. I hope they continue in that vein.
- I like how they've made technology the mysterious ancient mythical evil rather than magic. Nice reverse of our tech-based society.
- It was fun to hear the original Lion-O's voice as Lion-O's father. It really did help usher in this new era.
- Nice little tease about the "stone in the sword" used to belong to Mum-ra. I'm intrigued...
you forgot about Lynx-O's cameo at the start of the seige, at least they didn't forget the other Thundercats that had joined the cast later on in the original series. would hope that later on Ben-gali and Pumyra make appearances in the series.
The second story was pretty good, even if it leaned heavily on 'Moby Dick', with a bit of the Depp Pirates movie about Davy Jones.
Oh, and the Kraken, last seen in the latest 'Clash of the Titans', IIRC.
sigh

But, I still enjoyed it and Lion-O's continued growth as a leader.I like the kitty who doesn't talk, too.
Originally posted by l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN:
you forgot about Lynx-O's cameo at the start of the seige,...
I totally didn't notice that was him the first *two* times I saw it! It took me a third (duh)

I also noticed that I was wrong to say that Panthro was possessed. I missed that Mum-ra was actually impersonating him. I fully expect the crew to run into Panthro already having fashioned a Thundertank from the enemy's tech...
Originally posted by Arachne:
Is it wrong that I'm actually kind of excited about this?
NOPE!!! <marquee behavior=alternate> NOPE!!! </marquee>

I am right there with you!!!!!
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
I fully expect the crew to run into Panthro already having fashioned a Thundertank from the enemy's tech...
HA! How awesome was that?? smile
[b]I fully expect the crew to run into Panthro already having fashioned a Thundertank from the enemy's tech...
HA! How awesome was that?? smile [/b]
G**DAMN!!! good call sir!! i was already liking the episode, but that ending was like an awesome topping on a delicious cake!!!
Finaly got around to watching this. Loved it. It wasn't the reboot that I had heard it was, but a continuation with the original being this group's somewhat distant past. Cool! Already looking forward to more.

P.S. And the original Lion-O voice actor voicing the current Lion-O's Father was a nice touch!
No, it's a reboot. (or reimagining) The creators have said so in every interview I've read about the new show.
No, it's a reboot. (or reimagining) The creators have said so in every interview I've read about the new show.
Re-imaging I get (no mankini for Lion-O, YAY!). However, the original Thundercats are mentioned as having defeated Mum-Ra and tamed the planet after coming to this world. The original Thundercat fortress is seen as part of the palace with the city grown-up around it. The current Lion-O speaks of the anscestors' (the Original Thundercats) stories of technology and 'flying ships'. Nothing in the new show contradicts any of the original show.... Nothing. It fits seemlessly onto the previously established continuity as the 'future' of the original show. Fits better than anything DC has ever done when it comes to 're-imaging'.
Loved the third one.
My grandaughters laughted and cried right along with me!
Yes, those were the articles that made me hesitate to watch it. However, I have recently seen a number of articles that refered to it as a 'revival' of the old show... A term that is far less inflamatory than the dreaded 'Reboot' or 'Remake' lables. This show makes me think more of the 'Charlie's Angels' movies in that there are some small items to reconcile, but nothing that is not fairly easily explained away or even ignored because they are so inconsequential. Like I said above, I wish DC had ever done half so well in the past few decades at re-invigorating a property without destroying everything done with it before.
Oddly enough, I hope to see the Driller make an appearance.
Images from tonight\'s Ep

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Yeah, DRILLER!! I was really not expecting such an early appearance. smile </span></span>
Mon-Starr!?!?! What the heck was he doing there?? One of Mum-Ra's generals? Was it just an easter egg or do these guys actually have a "Thundercats/Silverhawks" crossover/spin-off in the works?? It'll be interesting to see how these two franchises might share a mythology.
dude did you not see the references to the Tiger Sharks???
I'm a bit behind on it, can anyone fill me in what's happened of late?
Just finished watching the Berbils episode for the 2nd time in a row, another great update on the original!
© Legion World