Legion World
Posted By: Black Tooth Pollth BITE. - 07/20/03 10:49 PM
Well, they DO. You can vote if you want, but it really doethn't matter-- pollth THUCK.
Posted By: Greybird Re: Pollth BITE. - 07/24/03 12:48 PM
I can't resist, since the rodent brought it up {g}

Polls don't "really bite," as they can be entertaining. Or they can spark serious discussion or grand whimsy.

All that (merely) bites, to me, are two ways of looking at polls:

~ Taking a small number of votes in a small user group as being revealing of any larger "truth." Even statistically. This is a self-selected, slowly growing universe of voters. It doesn't involve a sample, in any sense.

~ Overexplaining the results. Polls mean little, beyond a few moments of pleasant diversion. We're not waiting with bated breath for the outcomes. And we do know how to calculate ratios ... if this is needed at all, that is, for a group this small.

Oh, there's {/SpanishInquisition ON} a third thing that bites for me, after all {/SpanishInquisition OFF}:

~ Being grandiose about them, more so than they're worth. For example, by multiplying proper nouns beyond necessity. (And you know how those are designated.)

I name no names, but ... poll-makers here (and, I stress, that's plural, not singular, and it includes me) know whether these comments fit. Take them as you will. Further deponent sayeth not.
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Pollth BITE. - 07/24/03 02:25 PM
Now Bucky, don't you think telephone polls are pretty good? They're nice and crunchy, but I guess they could be a bit dry.
Posted By: Black Tooth Re: Pollth BITE. - 07/24/03 03:26 PM
Uthually, I prefer guardrail pollth for a quick thnack... I thave the telephone pollth for family reunionth... 8o)-

--edited for thloppy typing thkillth... (8o0-
© Legion World