Legion World
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Countdown to the New Harry Potter book! - 05/22/05 07:58 PM
Even though I read them last summer, I'm considering re-reading the Harry Potter's in countdown to July 16 (when the new book comes out)!

I think I'll just read 3 through 5, but I can't contain my anticipation for the new one!

Everyone else excited?!
I actually just re-read the entire series a few weekes ago in anticipation of the next book. I did the same thing before the release of Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix. It helps refresh my memory of everything that went on before as I prepare for what comes next smile
me too I do that each time the book gets released.
Two weeks to go!

And I just finished book 5 again last night...oh wow, I forgot how it took my breath away.

I cannot wait for this. And I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best...

(Here's hoping Neville or Harry really get revenge on Bellatrix Lestrange!)
Posted By: Pov Re: Countdown to the New Harry Potter book! - 06/29/05 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
oh wow, I forgot how it took my breath away.
Yeah, that can happen if you fall asleep reading it and it settles on your chest. They should set a page or weight limit per volume and include a Surgeon General's warning on the cover... eek wink
Posted By: Caliente Re: Countdown to the New Harry Potter book! - 06/29/05 05:03 PM
ajdk;lhasld;jgkdajal;hfd

I almost forgot it was coming out ohmigod!! I have to go reserve a copy!!!!!!

*squeals like a fangril*
Posted By: matlock Re: Countdown to the New Harry Potter book! - 06/29/05 07:08 PM
I've never actually read any of them... I figure if I defer a little longer Maddy will get into it eventually, and by then maybe the whole series will be done. I can't stand the waiting. I started her on the Narnia books but we lost it during vacation, but really she's only into Star Wars now!
oh boy! can't wait to start reading book one soon before the new book comes out on the 16th.
Hmmm...how many more movies are there gonna be?
Movies? Hopefully 4 I suppose.

I reserved my copy not for here at home but down in San Diego since it comes out SDCC weekend. Gawd I'm gonna be exhausted from all the nerdgasms...
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
Hmmm...how many more movies are there gonna be?
The fourth movie is due out in November, I think, and the fifth movie (Order of the Phoenix) is set to film next year I believe.
They better hurry up before those kids are married with kids of their own, lol.

While i have read the books and seen the movies, the best thing about them is the simple fact that they got a lot of kids reading again.

Health in america has declined because of our "advancements in leisure" as i call it. Instead of a kid riding a bike, he gets a toy fourwheeler or toy motorcycle when he/she is four years old. Or instead of going outside and playing baseball or basketball, they sit in front of a tv and play it on Playstation or nintendo.

Those advancements are fine, but kids need to do more and burn off more energy, more fat, etc...

And to me, reading is exercise for the mind. If i didnt' read, i think i would go nuts.

So kudo's to Hairy Pooter..umm, Harry Potter, lol.
© Legion World