Legion World
Posted By: Suddenly Seymour Dirk Benedict notebook - 06/22/05 01:39 AM
OK, please help me before I go insane.

Watched some of the new "Battlestar Galactica" (pretty cool), and it got me thinking. I remember when I was a kid, I was at the store with my mom and saw a spiral notebook with a shirtless Dirk Benedict on the cover. (He may have been on "The A-Team at that point.) Being a young "BG" fan, and noticing something about that notebook was extremely compelling, I almost asked my mom to buy it for me. For some reason I didn't.

So, just out of curiosity, I went searching for that image on the Internet to no avail. Can anybody at least confirm that this notebook existed so I know I'm not crazy?
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Dirk Benedict notebook - 06/22/05 03:00 AM
I don't remember a shirtless one but did you maybe see the one from BG where he was in his uniform, sans jacket? That color could kinda make him look shirtless.
Posted By: joe mondo Re: Dirk Benedict notebook - 06/22/05 03:05 AM
Was it the shirtless one with the white jeans? That's the image I remember.

Here's one I hadn't seen before, but is likely from the same white jeans shoot I do recall: http://www.dbanonymous.org/images/DB/639.jpg

That image and more possibilities are at http://www.dbanonymous.org/gallery/thumb_d.asp?id=2&pageno=1

What I find so funny is that at the time I thought he had such the body-beautiful. But by contemporary standards he's not much to write home about.
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Dirk Benedict notebook - 06/22/05 11:50 AM
Sigh...

I had such a crush on Dirk Benedict when I was a tween. I wanted to be Athena, so I could beat the crap out of that tramp Cassiopeia and pull Starbuck into a launch tube wink
Posted By: l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN Re: Dirk Benedict notebook - 06/22/05 01:52 PM
you know i might be wrong but i think that pic might be from a TV movie Dirk did back in the 80's with Tanya Tucker called "Georgia Peaches".
(PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE don't ask me how i remember that!) and didn't Dirk have a bout with cancer back in the 80's or 90's or something like that?
Posted By: Suddenly Seymour Re: Dirk Benedict notebook - 06/22/05 11:35 PM
I don't think that's it, Joe, but there certainly is a lot of Dirk Benedict shirtless goodness at that second site. One of the others there may be it. I thought I remembered him slinging a shirt or something over his shoulder, but I may be wrong. I don't think it was one with his shorts unzipped, though. I think I would have fainted if I'd seen that.

And I know just how you felt, Crujectra. smile Some of the photos are pretty scrawny, but in others, I think he holds up rather well.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Dirk Benedict notebook - 06/23/05 02:50 AM
Was it this one then?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Suddenly Seymour Re: Dirk Benedict notebook - 06/25/05 12:15 AM
No, I don't think it was that one. I remember seeing his full chest. But it was so many years ago, who knows for sure any more?

Well, we may not have found the notebook, but thanks for the trip down Celebrity Crush Memory Lane. If only Pierce Brosnan had done some shirtless notebooks. wink
© Legion World