Legion World
Posted By: .. Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/15/13 08:41 PM
just popped up on my newsfeed...

story
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/15/13 08:54 PM
We have just heard over here. Does anyone know if Rob is OK?
Posted By: .. Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/15/13 09:09 PM
Haven't heard from him yet Faraway...
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/15/13 09:36 PM
I was at the gym when I heard about the explosions. My heart goes out to the injured. According to news reports right now, 2 people were killed.
Posted By: Conjure Lass Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/15/13 10:14 PM
All's as well as can be expected with my friends who were up there running it. Thankfully, they had to stop and catch their breath at mile 15 and weren't even CLOSE to the finish line. God bless their lazy asses.
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/15/13 10:26 PM
Rob glad your ok.

CL hope your friends are ok and suffer nothing more than short breath.

Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/15/13 10:31 PM
Damn. I'm reading that some of theinjures have lost limbs.
Posted By: Conjure Lass Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/15/13 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Quislet, Esq
Damn. I'm reading that some of theinjures have lost limbs.

Well, just don't go outside tonight. I'll worry myself sick thinking of you wandering about getting blown up.

Faraway, they're fine. Locked up in their hotel, upset and fine. They said it took them forever to walk their way back since they don't know the area. St. Louis is no Boston!
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/15/13 10:48 PM
CL,

I wasn't planning on going out anyhow. But then I am in the Dorchester section of Boston. Far from where the explosions occurred. Although I do go to that area often as that is where the library is.

And last year I did end up near there on Marathon Day but still pretty far from where the explosions happened.
Posted By: Conjure Lass Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/15/13 10:57 PM
CL,

I wasn't planning on going out anyhow. But then I am in the Dorchester section of Boston. Far from where the explosions occurred. Although I do go to that area often as that is where the library is.

And last year I did end up near there on Marathon Day but still pretty far from where the explosions happened.

Good. Legion Worlders are my friends now and I worry. Try not to watch too much of it on the tv, okay?
Posted By: .. Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/15/13 11:08 PM
*relief*
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/16/13 07:45 PM
So how is life in the city now, are things starting to get back to normal yet?

It weird but tonight I noticed rubbish bins in the railway station. It must be over twenty years since they were taken out because of IRA bombs. Nice to see some normality returning after all these years.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/17/13 12:09 AM
Coming home tonight, I saw National Guardsmen at Park St and at the JFK/UMass stop on the subway as well as more transit police. I am not sure how things are down by Copley Square, but everywhere else looks the same.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/19/13 12:37 PM
For those who have seen the news and wondering. I am pretty far from Watertown and MIT. With the subway shut down, I am stuck at home.
Posted By: .. Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/19/13 01:18 PM
Just saw the story Quis, I'm glad you are staying at home today!
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/19/13 01:29 PM
Now Taxi service is suspended. If I wanted to go to work, I'd have to walk it. And, no, I am not going to walk it.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/19/13 02:13 PM
My train stopped mid commute. People are saying suspect #2 may be on train from Boston to NYC somehow, possibly ahead of me in South Norwalk, CT.

Not sure if any of this is close to accurate but you can imagine the paranoia right now. We pulled into a station our train doesn't usually stop at.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/19/13 02:24 PM
Police actually came on and questioned a guy from Boston. He was in seat begin me. He turned out okay--poor guy, he's visibly shaken. 6 cops, one with an m-16.

I haven't experienced this level or paranoia since 9-11
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/19/13 02:26 PM
Cobie,

They stopped the subway, buses, & trains at about 5:39. Amtrak suspended service between providence and Boston at 6:45. Although Amtrak does had trains leaving for New York at 5:10 & 6:05 this morning
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/19/13 02:35 PM
Yea, I think they were worried he somehow slipped through and got on a train outside of Boston. My train is now on way to work again.

Scary stuff.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/19/13 03:01 PM
According to NBC, a third suspect was on a trin to New York, but was stopped in Norwalk Ct.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/19/13 03:42 PM
They're gonna catch all these fools.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/19/13 04:24 PM
According to NBC, a third suspect was on a trin to New York, but was stopped in Norwalk Ct.
Okay, so they got him. That was it--I was stopped at the station right before Norwalk. I'm surprised the info ended up being true, and he really was on the train in front of me...I guess the power of the internet shows there.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon - 04/25/13 07:26 AM
I'm glad it's all over. Must have been harrowing while all that was going on. Really glad you all are safe, too.
© Legion World